Simply Measured

Simply Measured is the most complete social analytics solution designed for the world’s biggest brands.

Work for Simply Measured?

Learning about Simply Measured?

Simply Measured Reviews

Showing 78 Simply Measured reviews
Simply Measured review by Ben R.
Ben R.

"Probably good for enterprise, not small/medium business"

What do you like best?

The reports are great visually, making them perfect for C-suite presentations. It's nice to have all the metrics in one place. The variety of reports is great as well. If you have multiple channels per platform (say for different products/verticals), then the comparison features work well.

What do you dislike?

You don't get any information that you don't get from each platform's analytics. The customer service is terrible; they take days to get back to you. They also dropped a feature (Google Analytics integration) without notification, then offered a new feature with similar metrics ... for an extra cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to see how your social media efforts effect your website traffic, just use a custom report on Google Analytics and use Google Data Studio to make the visually pleasing reports.

It's great for quickly putting together nice-looking reports for C-suite presentations.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Simply Measured
Simply Measured review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Robust Social Analytics and Listening Platform"

What do you like best?

Simply Measured is an affordable social analytics and listening platforms that is both user-friendly and help and beneficial to our business in a multitude of ways. They are always making updates to stay on top of social platform changes, and their reps are very helpful in teaching you how to use the platform to address your business needed. As they've just been purchased by Sprout Social, I expect the platform to get even better.

What do you dislike?

No complaints, I love this platform! I think this platform is much better compared to others on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their sales team is super helpful, so make sure to talk to them about a multitude of needs for your business, as they are flexible and can make the platform work for your business.

We are monitoring conversations around topics related to our brand, understanding who is engaging with our social platforms, and monitoring competitors.

What Social Media Analytics solution do you use?

Simply Measured review by Rainee T.
Rainee T.

"Simply Measured is an incredibly powerful tool! "

What do you like best?

I love being able to show stakeholders visual representations of how powerful our social media channels are. In the past, we had to waste a lot of time explaining metrics and why they were meaningful but it's much easier to show social media ROI with this tool.

What do you dislike?

A lot of setup required, and sometimes it takes me awhile to figure out what type report I want to generate for my purposes. I sometimes wish there was a SimplyMeasured Lite version, for when I need a really simple report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a pricey tool, but worth it if you have the budget,

As I mentioned earlier, it makes it a lot easier to show executives and stakeholders at my company the value of my work. It has also drastically cut down on the time we spend on gathering and analyzing metrics.

Simply Measured review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Powerful tool for social keyword and platform tracking"

What do you like best?

Having worked in social media for over a decade, it was difficult to find a tool that would follow the flow of a conversation across platforms. Hashtag tracking used to be a pain, but now I can follow a conversation based on a specified keyword across Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter in real-time, or have a report delivered to myself and stakeholders at specified times. This tool saves me so much time gathering data to analyze & creating reports.

What do you dislike?

There's definitely a learning curve, which the staff at Simply Measured try to diminish with webinars & one-on-one touch bases, but knowing which reports to pull and whether or not you're accurately collecting the right data takes practice. Expect some trial and error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you're looking for, otherwise it's easy to get lost in the many different reports you can export. This tool is also very useful if you're looking to compare your social media efforts with those of another organization or company.

Most of my time as a community manager was spent collecting & analyzing data. With Simply Measured I just type in keywords I want to follow where, and the data comes to me. I am so happy to have my time back.

Simply Measured review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"Doesn't measure up."

What do you like best?

Used mostly to measure social metrics like followers, most liked images. Customer service is great, they help you whenever there is a problem.

What do you dislike?

Just about everything, it's clunky and not user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before even trying to use this software, make sure you set up a call to go through the platform with a customer service team member. Otherwise, you will waste time trying to figure out how to use the platform.

Measuring social metrics and how they measure up to KPIs. When you do understand how to use the platform, you can then see how your metrics measure up to your competitors.

Simply Measured review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"I am a social media coordinator and I use Simply Measured to measure results."

What do you like best?

It's very user friendly. The results are presented in a easy to understand way and look nice enough to present directly to clients without reformatting. I also love the labels function! This has come in so handy when it comes to campaigns and hashtag tracking for events.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to be able to drag charts directly from the web to a PowerPoint, rather than having to export to a different PowerPoint file first. Also, some of the tabs in exported Excel tabs could be more clearly labeled based on the data they present.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to everyone who manages social media clients (especially 5+). I've never not been able to find a measurement metric or result that I needed for a client. On top of that, the support team has been so wonderful and has made it really easy to learn.

We're always working to try to solve the problem of how to demonstrate social media value to our clients. The variety of reports and metrics available on Simply Measured have helped us do that.

Simply Measured review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"easy to use, good, easy to read data, useful delivery"

What do you like best?

I like that the data i need is easy to find, the tool is intuitive, the data in each spreadsheet is easy to find and to use.

What do you dislike?

Reports take awhile to download, and there are some hidden things that are complicated - ie, when pulling a facebook report with user comments, you have to pull from a few days in order to catch all the comments, not just the day the post was published. kind of confusing if you haven't figured out via trial and error. also i have to calculate instagram shares on my own (comments) which is complicated when moving between two different excel sheets (via vlookup).

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would certainly recommend SM, it's easy to use, gives reliable data, the simply team is accommodating and helpful. Pretty intuitive tool!

using the data for insights, particularly shareability of our brand, and engagement rates over time

Simply Measured review by Kimberly M. A.
Kimberly M. A.

"Some Social Media Monitoring, cheap version"

What do you like best?

They provide a lot of good analytics and the data is very specific. The data is also supported with nice graphics and charts that visually represent everything

What do you dislike?

I didn't necessary dislike it, I think you have to pay more to get specific features which is annoying

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can use several "free tools" but you have to give them your information so they can contact you with a demo of their services. Be prepared for that.

You can use Simply Measured for many features, but I've only used it in the past for social media monitoring

Simply Measured review by User in Computer Software

"Great tool for cross-channel analytics"

What do you like best?

I love that you can easily pull reports across many different channels and get a comprehensive look at your social analytics. I also love how clean and designed the reports look if you need to present them to a manager, etc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the learning curve. Some of the wording like "data collections" etc, are super confusing. It takes awhile to learn how to pull reports for specific dates, KPIs etc. Once you get the hang of it, things are a lot easier.

For me, I was reporting social analytics without any tool to compare cross-channel. Simply Measured has allowed me to do so in quite a simple and easy way. The reports are also super helpful for presentations, reporting to managers, etc.

Simply Measured review by James S.
James S.

"Simply Easy Snapshot!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see all the relevant data at-a-glance. For the most part, I don't have to dig for the high level figures that I'm looking for.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't do a general search regardless of what kind of report is built or generated. I would like to see a general search field where if I type a keyword, it will pull up any reports built with that keyword.

Using the tool to compare numbers with our other listening tools, be able to see volume numbers on a easy to view format.

Simply Measured review by Chris T.
Chris T.

"A fantastic (but very expensive) tool"

What do you like best?

The platform makes it so easy to pull your metrics, linking numerous profiles etc. and makes for compelling visuals when inputting them into PPT/PDF's.

What do you dislike?

It's a lot of money – we are now priced out and are moving away from Simply Measured because of it.

Effective Social Media reporting that is easy to pull and review

Simply Measured review by Rush P.
Rush P.

"Simply Measured, Simply Brilliant"

What do you like best?

My motto, do what you do best, and link to the rest. In this case, Simply Measured are the best single-source solution for web and social analytics out there. The fact that they are able to consolidate metrics into a single, easy-to-use reporting dashboard make my life a lot easier. The aesthetics behind the reporting also make things easier to digest when sharing metrics across the organisation.

What do you dislike?

Probably the fact that the listening capabilities are still a bit of a manual process to set up... something I don't really have time for unfortunately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Why not? YOLO.

We were looking for a single-source reporting tool that would allow for greater efficiency during reporting periods. Simply Measured offered an easy UI and reporting tool set that enabled us to produce reports with minimal effort required.

We were looking for an easy, visual way to represent how social metrics impact/ benefit and organisation. Simply Measured's megaphone approach to data visualization works perfectly.

Simply Measured review by Umair M.
Umair M.

"Possibly The Best Social Analytics Engine Out There"

What do you like best?

Possibly everything. Starting with the people. Cameron is possibly the best and most amazing account manager a client can ask for and Angela has jumped through hoops to cater to our requests. Their platform is powerful. As an agency, we've unlocked more insights with these charts for our clients than we ever could through normal GA or FB charts. FB charts especially are very insightful. From KW Monitoring to a Full Social analytics. Pretty much everything one can ask for is there for the taking.

What do you dislike?

KW Monitoring is weak for the Middle East Region. Also wish it wasn't so expensive to keep upgrading. The best tiers are set at a price which the clients pays in full to their social agency. But i guess that's the price for quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You won't regret it. They offer trial.

Engagement metrics have revealed campaigns which work and which don't. We've unearthed proper insights for our presentations for our Reach, Frequencies and audience analytics.

Simply Measured review by Jana G.
Jana G.

"Social media manager measures results and proves job value--again and again!"

What do you like best?

beautiful reports + the report card feature is super clear. I work with accountants, and they care less about beautiful reports than about numbers. Plus I like the blog and content SM puts out.

What do you dislike?

I'm sometimes unsure of what data goes into the report. I never had much training on the product, so sometimes I pull the wrong report, looking for specific information ,and have to redo my work. there isn't much in-application guidance.

I struggle, too, with explaining how some of the numbers are generated (again, accountants.). the tools are much more powerul than I am able to really realize at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get training and consultation on how to leverage it for what you're doing, undestand the numbers behind the pretty pictures.

Transparency, clarity, and direction. I have supported my job on showing a clear correlation from my role to our website traffic and growing awareness of our (small, but fast-growing) brand.

Simply Measured review by SJ T.
SJ T.

"Data Loving!"

What do you like best?

The automatically produced reports are perfect - they make sure I have my deliverables ready to show every Monday morning.

The set up process was great, with a helping hand along the way to make sure your key words are working the most effectively for you. They don't push you in to a bigger contract, they look at what numbers you are getting and judge it from the data. Much like the same principle that the platform allows you to perform by. We can make changes, based on the rich data produced by Simply Measured

What do you dislike?

The dark theme! I much prefer the lighter one for presentations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have clear goals and clearer key words!

Proves time and time again that Social Media has a real business purpose. From launches to the day to day running, Simply Measured proves that was a SMM is doing makes a real impact.

Simply Measured review by Christopher L.
Christopher L.

"Great Product, but requires advanced social analytics knowledge to utilize to the max "

What do you like best?

SimplyMeasured is by far the best aggregator of raw data for social content metrics. It displays a great visualization, but is not always required when conducting analyses. The prize lies in the raw data collection in reports such as the "cross-channel" or "all-channels" report which reformats raw data into an easily analyzable format. Again, unless the analyst is already familiar with how to manipulate social data, this tool is a miracle exporter and saves a tremendous amount of time. If not, the data set can be overwhelming and be perceived as a large data dump.

What do you dislike?

The product is quite expensive and you are basically paying for the convenience of a data collector. When it comes to the dashboard itself, the calculations and formulas are powerful, however can be cumbersome on a weak processor as it consumes a good amount of memory to run. The spreadsheets are heavy in that regard and can likely be improved by offering lighter weight exports if analysts and marketers are just in need of raw data. Overall, there is little to dislike about the platform since it covers the breadth of social channels and offers robust data sheets and more than enough top-line analyses right out of the box.

Basic social content analysis is the most common use case for this product. Many clients request for preliminary campaign content analysis to plan and prepare for the next. In general, the primary benefits come from the layout of the data and how it's easily comparable to other platforms that are being analyzed. For brands that are present across a variety of channels, down and up cycling content is a common strategy that requires matching data. This is easily solved by SimplyMeasured's cross platform report. Overall, I've been skeptical of out-of-the box solutions when it comes to analytics, but this is one of the best.

Simply Measured review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Quick, Easy, User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Simple Measured makes it easy to quickly view reports or to record them for saving. I can quickly view reports online or save them in an Excel format. It is incredibly easy to read and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that sometimes it can be a little difficult to add items - such as when creating an Instagram hashtag report it can be a little confusing to add a new collection/hashtag to follow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have someone teach you how to use the software or watch tutorials.

It has helped me determine my competitors social media presence and where we need to improve in order to become leaders in certain spaces.

Simply Measured review by Scott Z.
Scott Z.

"Simply the Best!"

What do you like best?

The best part about Simply Measured is it's simplicity. The easy-to-use interface made it easy for me to create reports without any tutorials or mentoring from a co-worker.

What do you dislike?

If I had to say what i dislike about Simply Measured is that sometimes the reports I download in Excel have problems. On occasion, the excel sheets will crash and I'll have to download the repots again. This is a minor inconvenience and hopefully the problem is fixed soon!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simply Measured gives you the ease of downloading reports without all of the hassle. The reports are not only informative, but easy to obtain and incredibly useful.

Simply Measured allows me to give my clients a strategy going forward that will work. I can see what kind of content is not working and fix it, which I wouldn't have been able to do without the service.

Simply Measured review by User

"Simply Measured Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly pull metrics and customize reports.

What do you dislike?

I wish the reports were slightly more attractive or there were a few default themes available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize this to quickly pull social reports on trending topics or otherwise important metrics to track the social discussion related to your business.

Quickly pulling metrics related to business that we can't easily decipher directly from native social metrics.

"Great Reporting Tool"

What do you like best?

Love the variety of reports that you can pull, there's something for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Youtube . Support team is great and always answers questions in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

The reports are not that editable which makes it difficult to change something or remove something but you are able to remove things if needed.

We are now able to provide clients with in-depth reports that include great visuals.

Simply Measured review by User

"Simply Measured: Industry-leading analytics software"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Simply Measured is the automatic reports we can set up. Sending those to my inbox each week (or day, or month) is awesome! It saves time and helps us find new ways to innovate.

What do you dislike?

Cost. Due to budget issues, we are unable to use some of the better product offerings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Practice. Practice. Practice.

Social listening, reporting

Simply Measured review by Administrator in Computer Hardware
Administrator in Computer Hardware

"Great Reporting Tool"

What do you like best?

I like the reports that are available and the social media coverage. We don't use all the social media types (i.e. linkedIn, Facebook), but if we start to, we'll have those reports available to us too.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be nice if you can create your own reports, but still have access to the default ones. So in other words, you can click on the reporting that you like from the default reports and place it into another report that you can customize as you like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Simply Measured because they are continuously making improvements to there existing platform. This is important when looking at any product or service and they pass the test.

We are tracking our progress or decline with our social media strategy. We have seen great strides in our progress and our management team has grown dependent on these reports. They are shared up the corporate structure.

Simply Measured review by Julie K.
Julie K.

"Great experience and very user friendly. "

What do you like best?

I love that it gives me exactly what I need, data in a easy to read format and the platform is intuitive and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I wish you customize packages a little more, take away mentions for audience, etc. That is what we struggle with the most.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you have it, you'll never be able to get rid of it! Be aware of the value you're getting, it's a very powerful platform!

It helps our social team make sense of what they do, it also helps show the importance of what we do. It helps us explain and visualize social strategies in meetings, with higher management and other employees in the company.

"Simply Put!"

What do you like best?

I like how efficient the program is at making complex data into simple illustrations. This allows me to save a lot of time explaining intricate results to clients when sharing progress. The generated reports make measuring social media performance quick, easy, and accurate.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the times when certain platform metrics are inaccurate. There have been few occasions where collected Facebook data did not match Facebook's internal analytics data. I understand that this is something that may happen when collecting data from a social platform while considering user privacy, but other than that I do not have any complaints. Simply Measured delivers on what it promises.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to anyone wanting to put social media metrics into simple illustrations or deliverables. Simply measured makes reporting and sharing progress very easy and accurate. If any one is looking to compliment their social media business with a tool that will cut research and analysis time greatly I would recommend Simply Measured. From a small account to a large corporate account simply measured will help organize your social media strategy.

I increase social media reach, engagements, sentiment, and conversions. The benefit simply measured supplies is that is collects data quickly and organizes it simple enough for a client who might not be very marketing savy to understand.

Simply Measured review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Simply Measured is Your Best Friend When Reporting"

What do you like best?

Simply Measured has made multiple options for various social media platforms. They made it super easy to understand each graph and model for the user and each client. My favorite portion of Simply Measured is being able to download the reports and excel spreadsheets and change them to my needs.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite attribute of Simply Measured is how the analytics don't fully pull from Facebook. I've had problems in the past where the reports are buggy and aren't accurate. I have to pay close attention to each report and compare them to Facebook reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely use this reporting tool to report and analyze social media platforms. It's easy to understand and isn't complicated to use.

I am solving business problems for a newer client who just branded themselves on social media platforms. I am able to see what content and budget is and isn't working for this client. I can sort and adjust the images as I like on my own reporting system.

Simply Measured review by Jacob H. M.
Jacob H. M.

"Great, robust, versatile application for Social Data"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to export data to Excel for further data analysis.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the limitation in regards to the amount of data able to be pulled at one time.

Our group is using Simply Measured to conduct competitor analysis and cross-channel performance (e.g. engagement rates, share of voice, follower growth, etc.)

Simply Measured review by Tal V.
Tal V.

"Best Free Tools on the Market"

What do you like best?

I haven't been able to use their paid offerings, but this is the only free 3rd party tool that I know of that provides editable spreadsheets with such a mass of data. It also gives you graphs you can pop into a monthly deck.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the color scheme on the reports; if that's the biggest issue, they're doing pretty well.

I can't say there's anything else that I dislike; the only cost incurred with their free reports is to follow them on twitter using a personal account; once you've followed them, there's no additional cost (maybe a tweet that you just made a report.

I will say that if you're a beginner, it would be hard to know exactly what to do with all of the data, but if you're a beginner, you're better off sticking with the analytics provided with the platform that you're using (e.g. Twitter Analytics, Facebook insights).

I've found that the best free tools in the Simply Measured suite are the twitter profile analysis and the Instagram report. The Twitter Profiles analysis looks into keywords in profiles, how long an account was open, how active they are, etc., and the editable report allowed us to do a complete audit of followers, saving us tons of time and helping us answer useful questions about who are audience is and how we can better align content with them.

The instagram report is pretty limited, but that's really an issue with instagram's awful API, but still lets you quickly see performance of all your posts, follower growth, and who you interact with the most; very similar to iconosquare.

If you're a small brand with a limited budget, these tools

Simply Measured review by Marissa R.
Marissa R.

"We love Simply Measured. Reporting is excellent along with customer service"

What do you like best?

I love the reports. It is the first platform to give us everything we need in one stop - Facebook, Twitter, G+ and Instagram. It is also easy to understand when we pass off to our VP team who doesn't' engage with the social networks the way my team does.

What do you dislike?

To be honest I really don't' dislike anything, I love the customer support and I am really happy with the reporting tools. Occasionally the reports are sent to us on time but it is very rare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are needing a reporting tool- only reporting SImply measured is the way to go. It provides you with all of the popular social networks that matter in the business world.

We are really looking for ways to increase our social engagement. The reports help us un cover what is working and what isn't.

Simply Measured review by Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Simply Measured Review"

What do you like best?

I really like that you can look at a large variety of platforms and compare them. The feature allowing you to schedule regular generated reports is also wonderful.

What do you dislike?

Anytime there is a bug, which seems to happen a lot. The delay in reporting on some platforms is also incredibly frustrating.

We can do better social listening, see which posts are most engaging, and show how we can improve the social voices of a variety of clients.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Terrible Customer Service. Won't let you unsubscribe"

What do you like best?

The reports are decent looking and there's some nice features, but it's not reinventing the wheel.

What do you dislike?

Data doesn't match results when you do a manual pull. Also customer service is terrible, and unsubscribing is impossible. It's a costly solution and impossible to walk away from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it. The quality of reports, it's nice looking, but it's nothing you can't get in another tool like Sprout Social for example. Save yourself the headache of trying to cancel. Just avoid it, it's not worth it in the long run.

No problems solved. Only problems discovered.

"Robust and Expensive"

What do you like best?

Simply Measured links to the APIs of all social platforms as well as Google Analytics to create beautiful reports. Additionally, their alerts are superior to any other tool I've come across. They are constantly innovating to create more useful reports that serve your brands' needs. These reports can be exported to PowerPoint for easy client presentations. The client services is outstanding and I receive responses to my customer support questions immediately.

What do you dislike?

For some reason, the font sizes are incredibly small, especially when the reports are exported to PowerPoint. This adds a great deal of time when preparing the report as every single cell must be adjusted. It is also an expensive tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to schedule a demonstration in order to express your needs to the representative and have them walk you through all of the available tools.

We have been able to use this platform to monitor our clients and report the effectiveness of our social campaigns.

Simply Measured review by Frances R.
Frances R.

"Comprehensive and client-ready reports for those with less analytics experience"

What do you like best?

Simply Measured is a great social media analytics tool, perfect for a smaller brand or lean startup. The user interface produces colorful and informative graphs, The outputs from Simply Measured are comprehensive and client-ready reports, exportable in Excel or PowerPoint. These reports are perfect for those looking for straight forward reports on a social media handle.

What do you dislike?

If you're looking for a social analytics tool that also features content management and social media listening, this tool does not offer that. However, the reports produce comprehensive analysis, including geographic and time-related metrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Simply Measured if you're looking for basic metrics such as engagement, reach, and general social media health metrics of your handles. However, if you want a more robust tool with deeper analyses, I'd consider another vendor.

For most clients, we're looking to drive awareness and measure conversions. In terms of driving awareness, Simply Measured offers metrics such as reach and engagement which help a brand note the overall social media health of its handles.

Simply Measured review by Rae G.
Rae G.

"Generally Good with a Few Quirks"

What do you like best?

For someone who isn't adept at making lots of beautiful charts or graphs, this tool was great to use in making presentations to report on social media performance. It also tracked certain platforms like Instagram that doesn't have any native reporting tools.

What do you dislike?

The data could be quirky, for example, you couldn't pull a date range like 2/1-2/28, you had to to do a few days on either side like 1/31-3/1, otherwise the charts would come out wrong. The data wasn't very easy to manipulate, so you had to want the charts they provided, although you could get a lot of data in their spreadsheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good high-level tool, but it doesn't replace having an analyst on your team.

At the time I was using it, the tool allowed us to present to the client what was going on with their social accounts and make decisions based on the performance of campaigns and content.

Simply Measured review by Ian C.
Ian C.

"Simply Measured is Simple and Effective"

What do you like best?

Reporting has always been a time consuming task for our company. Simply Measured expedited & simplified our social media reports so we could focus more on analyzation and optimization instead of data gathering.

What do you dislike?

Only thing I wished they had was more reporting on social media ads and not just the social media pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simply Measure is not the cheapest tool so if you're just starting off it might not be right for you at the moment. However, if you are more established or can afford it, I highly recommend it in order to get better insight to your audiences and what types of content will make them more engaged.

With Simply Measured we have been able to more easily identify posts and content that does not perform well with our audiences and optimize our content accordingly to get the best engagement with our fans.

Simply Measured review by Teilhard G.
Teilhard G.

"This tool compltely changed the way we worked. Simply Measured's added value is undeniable."

What do you like best?

The megaphone for Twitter account reports. The information is clear. It gives a great summary of the account activity. People with little knowledge of social media can understand the megaphone/

What do you dislike?

When we reach audience limit during a certain period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simply Measured is the best software in the business in terms of social media analytics. The bar has been raised to very high standards.

The need to provide consistent social media analytics for our various accounts and campaign. Educate program experts on what type of messages work better than others (i.e. more focus on visual content).

Simply Measured review by Blair Waugh B.
Blair Waugh B.

"Simply Measured is a social metrics platform that gathers insights in a easy-to read format."

What do you like best?

I like best how the platform displays the metrics. For example, the megaphone graphic in the Facebook Insights report is extremely useful. I also like the easy formatting that can be transferred into client or internal presentations.

What do you dislike?

The keyword data gathering and listening/monitoring functionality isn't as compelling as we'd like. It doesn't seem to be as in-depth as I'd prefer it to be. I also would prefer if it would incorporate Facebook Ad monitoring into the trackable data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool - easy for client interpretation.

Helpful in displaying data in a visual format.

Doesn't incorporate Facebook Ads.

Not the best listening.

We needed to be able to easily analyze the performance of our content and paid media. The tool has helped us to benchmark and track much better than in the past.

Simply Measured review by Bernardo D.
Bernardo D.

"Best Social Analytics Tool out there"

What do you like best?

There are so many features I like within Simply Measured. All in all, it boils down to three main features: the reports (insightful, comprehensive, and actually good-looking), the backups (Simply Measured gives you a repository where all your generated reports are filed, and you can easily go back to them whenever you want, so you can finally say goodbye to messy desktops and messy folders), and endless customisation: for a lot of people, social analytics means exporting lots of data from a social platform, then spending time working on that data in Excel, then dumping your work into a template, making sure the tables are properly in place, that the text is in the right format, and that everything looks on point. Well, Simply Measured saves you all of those steps (and all of that time), enabling you to export ready-to-go reports in your predefined template – customise the theme, colours, logo, text – the flexibility here is amazing.

What do you dislike?

I haven't experienced any faults with SimplyMeasured, and the times I had questions or doubts on the tool, I've had very strong support from my account manager and the support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Besides using the tool, I recommend you subscribe to their blog as well, to keep on top of their news (e.g. new features) and explanation of various social media metrics. They have some really great tips and recommendations for anyone - from social analysts to social media managers, from community managers to people who are just starting to work in social media.

Integration - being able to not only run reports on individual social networks, but being able to join them all together, to get a complete view of your social performance, moving away from the bad habit of "silo views".

Simply Measured review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"Has compelling features but not user friendly"

What do you like best?

Automated reporting. Comprehensive reporting options for many channels - Facebook, G+, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram.

What do you dislike?

Not user friendly and hard to customize profiles into groups for multi-brand and large team use. Tags are best you can do so you're distracted by lots of reports and widgets that may not apply to you. Impressions are also iffy. If you don't set up data collection exactly you miss data and likely are reporting incorrectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully evaluate your month over month growth and pick a package that allows you to grow within those caps. Ensure that a rep sets up your profiles correctly and explains how to do it going forward to alleviate errors and keep historical data.

We're trying to grow our social presence and better engage with key audiences.

"Simply Measured Review"

What do you like best?

Simply Measured houses so much information that was always useful to us when pulling social metrics. It is an easy one stop shop where we are able to pull from all of our social channels to best illustrate an accurate story of our coverage. Whether that is for a specific day, month, or quarter.

What do you dislike?

Simply Measured often took us a lot longer than we would have liked to pull simple data. The tool is not the most user friendly. There is so much data to shift through that sometimes, when all we wanted to do was pull reports for a specific announcement, it would take entirely too much time.

Our business has quite a large social presence and we are always trying to prove our expertise internally and to senior management. It is important for our business to understand the impact we have when it comes to social media and get that direct feedback from our customers. This allows us to easily identify trends, key themes and view the overall public perception of the company.

Simply Measured review by Internal Consultant in Oil & Energy
Internal Consultant in Oil & Energy

"Superb mostly"

What do you like best?

The support is useful and is clear in their responses. The team are readily available. The features of the product are very good across the board.

What do you dislike?

You are not able to add dashboards real time, you have to run reports to get information - sometimes can take a while depending on the data. Also you have to wait 1 day on some networks to receive any data from the reports e.g. Facebook content report (with or without insights).

The data does not always correspond with the social network, causing us to use the platform. I dare say majority is due to the API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a tool for mainly how your content is going and when your audience is online. Not a tool to analyse conversations for customer service issues or for listening into what drives complaints as such.

Content progress, ease of reporting for content sent out.

Simply Measured review by Administrator in Building Materials
Administrator in Building Materials

"Intuitive Reporting Mechanism with some great Features "

What do you like best?

Export to Powerpoint and Excel is excellent and very helpful support. Reports are excellent and very easy to use. There is the freedom to style the reports in your own branded format as well which is great. Nearly 30 reports across all social channels which is excellent as well.

What do you dislike?

Costly to do competitor analysis due to the limitations of the data collections (you can pay more to get more data collections of course). Helpful support but because of the geographical location and time difference it is very hard to attend webinars and training sessions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you are aware that there is a limit on data collections. Great product though

Cross Channel Reporting which is excellent. The integration of vine and Instagram reports is very good. Compliments Facebook Insights very well. It's good to analyse how effective our channels are. The only limitation is that competitors are included in data collections. We are only limited to 10 data collections based on our account, which means by the time you have used all your social platforms you've have only 1-2 data collections left to do competitor analysis. The reporting function is excellent though - very descriptive and impactful diagrams.

Simply Measured review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Awesome, Easy to Use Product"

What do you like best?

The data collection results are displayed in an easy to read, ready-to-use powerpoint presentation, which makes presenting our results easy. It is a great tool for tracking hashtags for your social media events.

What do you dislike?

I have not tried to use the tool for deep research beyond top level number like totals, RT, reach, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth it!

Tracking hashtag engagement and determining my follower growth and post popularity/engagement.

Simply Measured review by Nadia S.
Nadia S.

"Simply Measured"

What do you like best?

Ability to pull reports and share with clients.

What do you dislike?

The inability to retroactively pull data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

being able to retroactively pull data.

Reporting monthly metrics to clients including social interaction.

Simply Measured review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Simple and easy reports to impress the C Suite"

What do you like best?

The visual charts that are available at the click of a button. The C Suite was all about seeing the impact and reach of our social media. They were tired of just reading so the visuals were key in their accepting of social media as a viable channel.

What do you dislike?

I wasn't able to customize the reports the way I wanted. One reporting requirement I had was to show how certain campaigns that we had running compared to our past campaigns. Yes, we could compare time frames, but I needed a way to tag the data and then generate a report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great tool to easily report on key metrics to fulfill the reporting requirements from upper management

We were able to see how far our posts went and who are top influencers were enabling us to make a connection in the real world to have them work with us. We were able to compare ourselves with competitors.

Simply Measured review by Agency in Public Relations and Communications
Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Campaign reporting & analytics"

What do you like best?

The tool provides in-depth and comprehensive insights for all social channels that our client uses. Very reliable for regular weekly/monthly reporting and one-off campaign requests.

What do you dislike?

Data cannot be compiled prior to when a collection was created.

We're able to effectively review how well a campaign is doing and provide recommendations on what can be done to make it more successful.

"Client Tamer "

What do you like best?

Honestly, its simple, but I love scheduling the reports so they just batch to my inbox every month. Metrics are painful sometimes - this makes it so much easier!

What do you dislike?

Wish listening was included! Wish Pinterest tracking was more intuitive. Numbers differ from analytics.pinterest.com

Communicating ROI to our clients. Social is a hard sell sometimes! SimplyMeasured lays it all out there.

Simply Measured review by Andrew G.
Andrew G.

"Simple Measured Review"

What do you like best?

It was very easy and straight forward to use. We enjoyed the ability export graphics to present specific analytics through the social accounts of our clients.

What do you dislike?

It would be beneficial if Simply Measured became like Hootsuite where you could see how your social channels are doing and you could schedule and post in one location.

It has given us better clarity into what we're doing, who were reaching, the value of that content and a way to help us steer content/user interaction in the appropriate direction. It's also a huge time saver when it comes to collecting particular analytics from our social channels.

Simply Measured review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Overall a good experience"

What do you like best?

Overall we use the excel report the most. It provides us the flexibility to sort the data as needed.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have a more visually appealing interface that provides more screenshots.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

We use it to capture data based on various initiatives and this has benefited how we measure our work.

Simply Measured review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

I love the detail in the social media and audience metrics. I also love how you can dig extremely deep into the data and find very valuable insights. You can create customized reports to solve your social media analytics needs.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little non-intuitive at first. Also, sometimes glitches when generating large reports

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product!!

Tracking social media success and improving our channel presences and content strategy. I've realized simplymeasured helps us track the success of each piece of content.

Simply Measured review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"The best analytics suite available. "

What do you like best?

It is robust, diverse and provides insights that are beautiful and easily shared with stakeholders.

What do you dislike?

Changes to social site analytics are sometimes slow to be implemented. Semi-steep learning curve on the report building side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They gave us a month long trial, so we could test it with real data. Very valuable.

Provides quantitative analysis of our effectiveness in the social space. We use it to track ongoing campaigns as well as one shots. The same reporting we use for internal purposes can be shared with external stakeholders

Simply Measured review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Simply Decent"

What do you like best?

Simply Measured excels in its suite of predesigned, comprehensive social reports.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that custom reports come at an extra cost, and especially how limited the various pay tiers are. Essentially, the pricing model is designed to generate as much revenue for Simply Measured as possible. It makes sense, but can be frustrating for a business already paying $500+ monthly.

Simply Measured is very user-friendly, and being able to have multiple people pull reports is a great benefit.

Simply Measured review by Dayra T.
Dayra T.

"Simply Useful :)"

What do you like best?

I like that Simply Measured makes the social media reporting experience easier. I can use it to download and review graphs and understand the different models according to each user. It's very useful.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Facebook analytics aren't completely pulled. This sometimes creates a gap between Facebook's report and the one from Simply Measured.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure you understand reports and analytics of different sites before using Simply Measured.

I am creating a social media account for a client who is trying to break into the Hispanic market.

Simply Measured review by Consultant in Market Research
Consultant in Market Research

"We set up Simply Measured for a client to help track their social media efforts."

What do you like best?

The free tools were a great way to introduce clients to the platform and show what it could do. They give a simple, easy to understand look at how their social media initiatives were actually working. The resources tab is also a great place to gather more ideas.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the needs of a client, the pricing structure can be a bit to overcome. Not everyone felt they could justify spending that much monthly. Also wish it was a little easier to compare two data sets,

Our client wasn't sure whether their social media channels were actually helping or hurting their business. Simply Measured gave them an opportunity to take a look at their followers and interactions and determine a way to improve those relationships.

Simply Measured review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Intuitive platform with a plethora of social media insights and reporting"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the product. The helpfulness of the staff. The ability to test multiple reports at once. The ability to plug in multiple channels and understand everything on a broad and niche level.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a little expensive. I think that a tiered pricing structure would be effective.

Understanding target audience

Understanding engaging content

Understand top social channels

Understand where social traffic is coming from

Understanding social media presence as a whole and individually

Understand how to implement stronger campaigns

"Analytics for Team"

What do you like best?

Very informative, many options to choose from when compiling a report for a client. I love having the ability of downloading the reports.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the reports that I pull aren't accurate and they're buggy. Which makes it difficult for me because I have to double check the software is pulling up the correct information.

The business problems I am solving is by assisting clients who are new in establishing themselves by having more control of what they get to see.

Simply Measured review by Virginia Z.
Virginia Z.

"Beautiful graphics with outstanding analytic information"

What do you like best?

When I first visited Simply Measured I was amazed at the beautiful layout and design of the site. I have not used the paid plan yet but I've requested a few free reports just to try it out.

I was really surprised with the results. The presentation of the reports is absolutely professional and very easy to understand, basically because it's all in terms of graphics - really nice ones - with thorough information of a Twitter profile or Facebook Fan Page performance.

For example, the Facebook analysis is focused on outbound, community health, optimization - which is pretty convenient as it gives you the day and hours when your community is more engaged - and content details (most engaging posts). This helps you understand which areas of your page need to be improved.

The Twitter report shows details such as your audience distribution in terms of followers/following, top keywords from your audience, influential followers and the time zones distribution. This last feature is pretty important as I always focus on a timing strategy to get the maximum reach for our tweets.

What do you dislike?

At the moment I can't think of anything I dislike. I would have to try first the paid plan at least to make a comparison between the free and paid versions.

Growing a community from scratch takes a lot of time and dedication. Being a Social Media Manager I'm always using measuring tools, either from each network or from third parties, to test the performance of our channels and the response of our communities and use this to focus on those areas which need to be improved.

Simply Measured is a valuable tool when you're looking for a global view of your channels' behavior. Plus you can leave a very good impression with the reports during monthly meetings. :)

"Strong Product"

What do you like best?

I appreciated that the reports generated were easy to parse, generate, and ultimately client facing. Any product that saves me time is a great one. Social media is often discussed in the abstract, so selling it in as a valid component of any media plan is sometimes difficult given my client. However, Simply Measured made selling this in much easier.

What do you dislike?

The competitive analysis left something to be desired. It wasn't nearly as thorough as I would've liked it to be and oftentimes I completed these reports manually.

We desperately need social analytics to legitimize the part of the buy we believe in, but don't have strong arguments for.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Tool For Social Analytics "

What do you like best?

The visualization is very easy to read and visually pleasing.

What do you dislike?

Could do a better job at explaining exactly what the different types of reports for a single platform do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool that really makes it easy to track your social analytic!

Helps track ongoing social programs and monitor one off campaigns. Has given a lot of great insight!

Simply Measured review by Lalita S.
Lalita S.

"Wonderful experience, easy to use, beautiful graphics."

What do you like best?

Simply Measured has so many free tools that are easy to use. The graphics are also beautiful and clear.

What do you dislike?

Wishing the subscription wasn't so expensive. Wishing there was a $30/month subscription that could give you more - something for small businesses or personal use. Also, wishing there were more stats for more social media platforms - i.e. Pinterest etc.

I do social media analytics for consulting.

Simply Measured review by Sarah W.
Sarah W.

"Great support team and reporting flexibility "

What do you like best?

I love the help from the support team via email, as well as the variety of reports offered.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to choose something to dislike, but if I had to, I might say the learning curve for getting up to speed on the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the webinars.

We're showing effects of social media on business goals.

Simply Measured review by Zachary W.
Zachary W.

"Good high level stats"

What do you like best?

It gives you a really good overview of reach of a specific topic, and it allows you to easily make comparisons to other brands.

What do you dislike?

It's so high-level that it's very hard to use the information. Great--I know my metrics, but how do I improve? What do I make better?

When trying to make comparisons to other brands, this product helps me figure ouw here I stand.

Simply Measured review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Best Social Analytics Tool I've Seen"

What do you like best?

The comprehensive coverage of data across so many channels.

What do you dislike?

Manipulating the sentiment data in excel...and after all that work, when it isn't reflected on the charts. I have struggled and struggled with this, asked for help, and it still doesn't work. I gave up on this piece of data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool. Perhaps not perfect, but definitely better than anything else I have seen.

We are able to track data over months and develop a baseline from which to plan our Social Media strategy and content plan.

Simply Measured review by Erik M.
Erik M.

"Mindblowing Abilities"

What do you like best?

Being able to compare versus our competitors in such a unique and specific way. By fine tuning search results we can see direct correlations to all sorts of things.

What do you dislike?

I would have liked to have been trained on the app more

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it

seeing the best times to post and who to target with those posts

Simply Measured review by Executive Sponsor in Public Relations and Communications
Executive Sponsor in Public Relations and Communications

"Simply Measured gives me the information I need as a social media leader to make the right decisions"

What do you like best?

The straight forward analytics built out from a tool/company that gets social, for those who use social to the greatest potential.

What do you dislike?

Boy, can't really give any wrong marks here.

How to build our audience while staying true to our brand and the same level of customer engagement.

Simply Measured review by Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Great product but could use some new features."

What do you like best?

Aggregates a wealth of valuable information.

What do you dislike?

Presentation UI having some issues renendering on safari - iPad. Some sort of iOS bass app would be a great addition too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better support for mobile and tablets.

Able to present metrics in a quick and valuable manner to executive team.

Simply Measured review by Tim L.
Tim L.

"Good Complete Analytics View"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to view paid and organic analytics by campaigns to get a real view of their success.

What do you dislike?

For my size the price was a little rough, more suitable to enterprise level businesses.

Being able to tweak campaigns based on performance on all social networks.

Simply Measured review by Philip K.
Philip K.

"A great tool to save time and provide consistency across multiple channels"

What do you like best?

It is a time-saving tool. It provides one platform to collect metrics from multiple platforms.,

What do you dislike?

The ability to manipulate data (date range) in their excel output

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great if reporting frequently on channels metrics. It is a tool where better setup product better insights

Owned media metrics reporting

Simply Measured review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"Great social analytics tool"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of use and the depth of analytics Simply Measured provides. I also really enjoy the resources and helpful tools Simply Measured provides.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the data isn't 100% complete, but that is because of the backend or the connections with a specific platform.

We are getting better at measuring the value of social media for our marketing activities. We are able to reevaluate certain campaigns and activities based on the data that Simply Measured provides.

Simply Measured review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Simply Measured makes analytics easy."

What do you like best?

Simply Measured allows you to create concise, visually appealing reports with just a few clicks - and also allows you access to more data that you can manipulate if needed. It's a serious time saver.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to tag and categorize posts.

It cuts down on the amount of time I spend trying to curate data. I can spend more time using the data/results, as opposed to manually curating it.

Simply Measured review by Alberto F.
Alberto F.

"Amazing data; Great tool"

What do you like best?

Simply Measured does a great job of pulling data on owned channels for both your brand and its competitors. It is also one of the few tools able to report on multiple social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.

What do you dislike?

The tool charges by the community size of the channels added to the tool (Facebook fans, Twitter followers, etc.). This can make it a bit pricey.

One of the best tools I have ever used for delivering insights on competitors and their owned channels.

Simply Measured review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Fantastic tool with great depth. "

What do you like best?

Simply Measured is a great tool that's easy to learn. It covers great depth in terms of measuring social media content, reach and amplification.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure is rigid and expensive. Though a strong tool, it gets expensive quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Radian 6. Your own bootstrap solution with tools like Tableau and Excel.

Measuring message reach, benchmarking, market research.

Simply Measured review by Tamir E.
Tamir E.

"Started using it a month ago"

What do you like best?

Beautiful graphs. Presentation friendly. Solid analytics.

What do you dislike?

Having limits placed on how many client accounts you can add, the audience volume, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Negotiate the limits they have for your account, you'll most likely be able to increase them if you are serious about signing up with them.

Started providing clients with great monthly updates on our social media efforts.

Simply Measured review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Best platform to pull all social analytics to one dashboard."

What do you like best?

The ability to pull all information into one report and then download into an easy to modify excel file or powerpoint.

What do you dislike?

My one complaint would be the limitations brought on by LinkedIn, however, that isn't Simplymeasured's fault.

Tracking our social media activities.

Simply Measured review by Ruban K.
Ruban K.

"Free Social Media report"

What do you like best?

While I haven't tried their enterprise offerings, their Free reports for startups looks cool. You can integrate your twitter, fb, youtube, G analytics and lot of other mediums. As the name suggests, it's very simply measured.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this stage

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try their Free report and go for the trial.

Simply Measured review by Travis B.
Travis B.

"Best product on the market"

What do you like best?

From top to bottom, this is the best offering on the market. The graphs are beautiful, and the data is easy to understand, The product competitively priced, and is much less than a product like Radian6 or Buddy Media. The customer service is also incredible.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to complain about for this product. I enjoy everything about it. They could use some improvements to the YouTube reporting, but that's about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Simply Measured review by User in Internet

"Excellent All-Encompassing Social Tool"

What do you like best?

Listens to all major social media tools that businesses use and pulls all necessary metrics for easy to view consumption.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I really dislike about the tool.

Pulling metrics for reporting to clients and makes easy to view graphs.

Simply Measured review by Katya C.
Katya C.

"Great tool for Social Media management and traffic analytics"

What do you like best?

Visualization of data and ease of you. This tool makes it very easy to identify the effectiveness of your social channels and how it relates to your overall traffic patterns

What do you dislike?

Refreshing some of the reports sometimes takes time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A highly effective traffic analytics tool for social media

Simply Measured review by User in Wine and Spirits
User in Wine and Spirits

"Great measurement of individual platforms"

What do you like best?

This tool is focused on making the best use of whatever data is available from social platforms. It is marketing driven, and custom reports (available for direct export) are a fantastic plus. Added bonus: covers instagram use.

What do you dislike?

Data is segmented by platform, and pricing structure is based on fan base monitored.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a plan in mind and review their free exports before you commit to a paid plan.

Learning about Simply Measured?

* We monitor all Simply Measured reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.