Simulink

Simulink is a tool for block diagrams, electrical mechanical systems and machines from MathWorks.

Work for Simulink?

Learning about Simulink?

Simulink Reviews

Showing 53 Simulink reviews
Simulink review by <span>Lucas R.</span>
Lucas R.

Review for Simulink

What do you like best?

Simulink is the perfect tool for control system design. It is very intuitive and easy to use. The user interface is very user friendly. It is easy to model the dynamics of any system, tune control algorithms and quickly analyze the stability and performance of the designed systems. Root loci and Nyquist plots are generated automatically and they're very easy to manipulate.

What do you dislike?

The computations can be pretty slow. If you have long simulations to run, this might not be the best tool to use. There is no easy way to debug your system/code when you encounter a problem, it is hard to introduce breaking points. You also need to buy quite a few toolboxes (controls/aerospace on my end) to get the full experience and it can get pretty expensive very quickly.

I am designing control systems for the aerospace industry. Simulink allows me to design, analyze the performance and test my algorithms and systems. It is a good way to start on control system designs and get good results and performance quickly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Simulink
Simulink review by <span>Ruhan P.</span>
Ruhan P.

Simulink the Protector

What do you like best?

I like this software because this software helps me to simulate any engineering related things.

What do you dislike?

As I am an engineering I have no dislikes about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As this software is very wast and all the features are not used by our company I would as that the price is comparably very very high and the use is somewhat less. Otherwise the software is Best. Thank you

I am an Electrical Enigneer and I am working in the De thok company. Our company has many meets with this software as this software simulates and tells about the working condition of any model we make. I think this software will touch many heights of success as I know uptill now I have seen the only software which simulates. As the software which is very very expensive approximately 15 lakhs. But it is very compatible and frequently used by our company. This software is used by our company to simulate the circuits, as the circuits in real life are very hard to implement as it can have a blast or explosion. So like this it helps us to scope the waves and to multiplex all the equipments and helps us to simulate that the PCB or our products will be easy and compatible to use for the longer and better use. Mainly the Power electronics parts are the best as our company uses that part frequently as the PCBs are direct in connection with the PCBs. So from my side this software is very good and easy to use.

What Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) solution do you use?

Simulink review by <span>Varun S.</span>
Varun S.

Good tool for Control system design and Modelling

What do you like best?

Drag and drop option is the best I would say. Also use of built-in libraries for signal processing is a child's play!

What do you dislike?

The interface could have been a little better as sometimes it is buggy in a way that when your design gets big it's difficult to make it modular like one can do in LabVIEW.

I used this tool as a Master's student at New York University to design and simulate a laser based circuit for my Nano-electronics devices course.

Simulink review by <span>Shanu M.</span>
Shanu M.

Best for Implementing Continuous Models

What do you like best?

Simulink has in built logical and mathematical operators which we can drag and drop and implement any mathematical circuit.

It also has S function blocks in which we can place the code and test it.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike in Simulink.

I have implemented rate transition filters,PID controllers and Gauge movement algorithms using matlab and I realized that we can very easily implement continuous algorithm models in Simulink which cannot be done using a flowchart or a statechart.

Simulink review by <span>Angad R.</span>
Angad R.

Does Great For Prototype Design

What do you like best?

Versatile and easy to use. Simulation modelling was easy to work on and produced sound results. Because MATLAB and Simulink toolboxes have been trusted by the global science community for over 30 years, researchers and educators have created a large and diverse collection of domain-specific tools written in MATLAB usable across.

What do you dislike?

The interface is slightly buggy and not easily navigable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The learning curve is slightly steep but it's a great product.

Model and simulate biological systems with an intuitive graphical interface.

Simulink review by <span>John D.</span>
John D.

Real time based simulation

What do you like best?

Simulink's graphical analysis gives a multi mode simulation through which the results are up against several parameters, making it even more precise.

What do you dislike?

There are so many sub programs in the library, it is not at all easy to find what we want in the first go.

Simulink accurately models a forced vibration with a damper and the effect of a bumpy road on a shock absorber. The resultant simulation was key to optimize the pitch of the spring for a smooth ride.

Learning about Simulink?

* We monitor all Simulink reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.