SingleHop

Learning about SingleHop?

SingleHop Reviews

Ask SingleHop a Question
Showing 30 SingleHop reviews
SingleHop review by Evan L.
Evan L.

"SingleHop is a flexible, fair, and overall really great hosting company."

What do you like best?

I really appreciate SingleHop's flexibility when it comes to solutions. We can get a variety of scale and change our service level pretty quickly. They strive for happy customers! And overall the people there are quite friendly and professional. They are small enough that I talk to the same people all the time, but big enough to have some serious hardware and hosting capabilities!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have an issue with the separation of duties and responsibilities between me and the SingleHop staff. Sometimes I feel that because I'm very active managing my equipment, they aren't quite hands-on enough. But it's tough to navigate the line between overbearing and not hands-on enough. Overall they try hard to keep us running.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to evaluate their SAN storage. For us, we have had headaches with the shared SAN storage. But to their credit, they've tried to keep us happy.

We solve our hosting requirements and keep our business running. We have used SingleHop for a few years and they are lightyears ahead of our previous hosting provider.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SingleHop
SingleHop review by Elliot M.
Elliot M.

"** Updated Review** - Dedicated Servers - A compelling option from SingleHop "

What do you like best?

SingleHop support is unmatched on nearly every level.

Timely, well structured, not missing any detail or relevant questions. Their responses are outstanding.

Their network is one of the best we've used. What we pay for is exactly what we receive and nothing less.

SingleHop Shield Plus is currently our protection method of choice.

Since activating Shield Plus across our account we have seen downtime from network related attacks reduce dramatically. Critical to any business.

What do you dislike?

** Update **

With the acquisition of SingleHOP by INAP it feels like the quality of service has been slipping.

The one and only complain we have with SingleHop resides to the handling of abuse complaints.

Most complains are legitimate and are resolved without a problem.

However rouge complaints will come through where the claims are false, simply not a valid complaint or missing relevant data in order for us to resolve the complaint.

Some more attention on verifying legitimacy of complains would resolve this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to explore proposed options by SingleHop.

You are more than welcome to simply tell them what you want they will be able to build you better recommendations the more information you provide them.

Showing willingness to commit will also get you a far better price over month to month terms.

SingleHop has provided us the benefit of a tailored solution to match our needs.

What Managed Hosting solution do you use?

SingleHop review by James R.
James R.

"SingleHop vastly improves the way we manage and deploy company infrastructure"

What do you like best?

SingleHop's network is unparalled in its performance, stability, and uptime. After migrating the majority of our infrastructure to within their network, we have seen almost zero downtime or network related issues that plagued us before with other providers.

SingleHop Shield Plus is our DDoS protection method of choice, and we have seen any attack-related downtime or issues be reduced significantly since utilising it across our network.

What do you dislike?

Communication with their team can sometimes be a little convoluted. Despite having an account manager, knowing who to speak to for the right information can be a little unknown.

SingleHop's network has allowed us to deploy some innovative and complicated setups that provide our customers with way more flexibility than was ever offered before. Being able to discuss and perfect these setups with SingleHop's team directly has been invaluable to the growth of our business.

SingleHop review by Paolo G.
Paolo G.

"Great Value for Money "

What do you like best?

SingleHop service is in line with our expectations. We get a really good support from sales team and they are always available to discuss what is going fine and what is not.

What do you dislike?

Ticket response time for network activities. Probably network team is based in US and since we are hosted in Europe we have to wait sometime too much

Recommendations to others considering the product

SingleHop Team is always available to discuss your needs and they are ready to support you also in the architecture design trying to find the right balance for your needs, not stressing to oversell.

We have to develop a custom solution for our customer and with them we were able to setup exactly what we needed at the right pricing. We moved our solution from a big cloud vendor to SingleHop so we could get better assisted and considered.

SingleHop review by Steven D.
Steven D.

"Great service and value"

What do you like best?

SingleHop has been a great provider for our dedicated server. We have used them for over a decade with few issues, and whenever something has happened they always quickly remedy the situation and setup everything for the migration in a very timely fashion.

What do you dislike?

We haven't had any issues that we would complain about.

We needed a remote dedicated server. We wanted to maintain the control on the SysAdmin and all software aspects, without worrying about the network or hardware. That is EXACTLY what we get. They are hands-off unless we ask, ideal for a business like ours. From my interactions with their tech support I am certain they would be a good fit for a company that needed more assistance as well.

SingleHop review by Daniel H.
Daniel H.

"SingleHop Is A Great Company!"

What do you like best?

We have used SingleHop for the last 10 years to host many of our websites. Their servers are super fast. The staff is very helpful and always goes out of the way to resolve any issues we have had. Very accessible by phone too, which is a huge plus compared to other companies. Would definitely recommend them.

What do you dislike?

They are a little bit more expensive compared to other companies, but their service and speed more than makes up for the slightly higher prices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend SingleHop very highly. They have plans for every budget and have great customer service and support. That is very, very important to us.

The servers are very fast. Up time is almost always 100%.

SingleHop review by Vinnie M.
Vinnie M.

"Great servers... Great Service!"

What do you like best?

I am most impressed with SingleHop for the quality of their technology and their ability to manage it, as well as their customer service and support. The only thing more important than a reliable platform is a great staff to support it when assistance is needed.

What do you dislike?

I actually can't say that I've experienced any "I really wish they would...." moments with SingleHop.

It's critical that my server maintains maximal uptime for my customers. SingleHop's technology reliably provides that. Their excellent and responsive technical support allows me to be more responsive with my customers when a server issue does arise (which has been rare to date).

SingleHop review by George S.
George S.

"Two Hosting Providers"

What do you like best?

1. Reliability of SingleHop's network (100% uptime for 3 years).

2. Prompt response by technical support staff.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I have found to dislike about SIngleHop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend SingleHop if reliability is a concern. Something I like is that SingleHop sends emails alerting of any maintenance of equipment, connections, or software that they schedule. They say if they anticipate it impacting any service we have with them.

We have had 100% uptime hosting customer accounts with faster connection speed than in our office. We were able to upgrade one of our hosted servers with considerable ease thanks to SingleHop technical support cooperation.

SingleHop review by Steven D.
Steven D.

"My Review of SingleHop"

What do you like best?

SingleHop’s uptime and dedicated support.

What do you dislike?

Tech support personnel often make careless mistakes. I have never encountered so many problems with small careless mistakes from any other hosting company as I have from SingleHop. It is my #1 hestancy when suggesting SingleHop to my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great service, amazing uptimes, but support can make numerous “small” careless mistakes. If you already have your own IT working for you, then I suggest SingleHop. Not for the inexperienced with server management, even if you purchase full management.

I have all of my email and important business/client websites hosted at SingleHop.

SingleHop review by Jonathan Y.
Jonathan Y.

"Best in the industry!"

What do you like best?

Their customer support is unlike any other provide we've ever used. Their network is beyond reliable. If or when problems ever arise I can count on their team to resolve the issue quickly.

What do you dislike?

They cost a little more than your typical dedicated provider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You get what you pay for with SingleHop. Their customer support is unbeatable and network stability is unlike anything we've ever used before.

We're a software company that relies on using quality hardware providers. We heavily depend on Singlehop's network and staffing expertise to keep our datacenters online.

SingleHop review by Vik K.
Vik K.

"Amazing Support and Service"

What do you like best?

SingleHop has great support and service. Been with them for many years now and have had no problems. Would highly recommend them! A++ Sales, Support and Billing staff.

What do you dislike?

Would like better server configurations at competitive price. More offshore data centers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend SIngleHop for anyone looking for servers or cloud hosting solutions. They have very good support and competitive pricing.

They provide our hosting infrastructure. Due to their great support and reliability, we have been able to grow our business. They truly are an asset to our business.

SingleHop review by Andy L.
Andy L.

"Simply the best dedicated server hosting available"

What do you like best?

Exceptional pricing, performance, and support

What do you dislike?

Nothing, though we currently only use dedicated server hosting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the perfect host for a client needing one or more dedicated servers (which has been our only experience with them). We have yet to do a cloud implementation with them. We strongly recommend this solution for ALL high volume WordPress websites!

We needed to locate a vendor that could provide multiple servers and CDN services. We were able to get everything in one place and satisfy a huge range of clients.

SingleHop review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"The best Tech Team and all round support in Web Hosting"

What do you like best?

Single Hop have the best tech support team I've ever experienced. It doesn't matter who I get when I log a ticket or call, they all know what they are doing and resolve every issue I have quickly and without any hassle. I'm on a managed server so they do everything for me. I log a ticket and normally within 10 to 20 minutes it is resolved. If I call whoever answers the phone resolves the issue immediately. It really is the best service I've ever experienced and completely stress free unlike some of the other services I've used in the past. I'm not one to write reviews but I have no hesitations when it comes to Single Hop. They provide an outstanding service and I highly recommend them.

What do you dislike?

Before I switched to Single Hop I had been with many other providers, switching again and again because of poor service, lack of tech knowledge and very long and frustrating phone calls. Never again have I experienced that since switching to Single Hop. I can honestly say in the 10 years I've been with them I can't think of a single negative. They are reliable, know what they're talking about and deliver the best service in the industry compared to the many other providers I've tried before them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will be the best decision you ever made in this area of your business.

I have a complex website that requires a managed dedicated server. I don't know alot about the server side of things in a business so it's been great to have the tech team there to support me from start up through to the growth of my business.

SingleHop review by Miles B.
Miles B.

"Great onboarding experience"

What do you like best?

Cash Practice Systems has been with SingleHop for over 10 years. Recently we migrated to new servers and the engineers who worked with us during the transition made it so easy. They were with us every step of the way.

What do you dislike?

In the past, there was no assistance with migrating to new servers. However, as I stated above, they are now providing that service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you work with their engineers in getting your servers setup.

Website hosting.

SingleHop review by Doug B.
Doug B.

"Managed Servers - It's a no brainer"

What do you like best?

Having a dedicated team of pro-active support personnel

What do you dislike?

No being able to respond to Support emails unless you log into Leap3. Not the best option when you are NOT at your desk and only have your phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow users to respond to Support ticket emails outside of Leap3

Leap3 should contain a little bit more detailed support FAQs so that the server owner can perhaps scale back his reliance on Leap3 support

SingleHop review by rafael m.
rafael m.

"the most reliable and professional hosting provider"

What do you like best?

reliable. professional team. fast support. reasonable costs. various of setup options.

What do you dislike?

few years ago, my account had some finance mistakes. but all of the mistakes were sorted out.

customer satisfaction is at the top of their priorities.

quick setup of new servers. we have created our own scalable system.

simple payment options and excellent support.

SingleHop review by Jim B.
Jim B.

"Fast-Reliable Service"

What do you like best?

We improved speeds by over 80%, in some instances, from our previous vendor. On-boarding was a breeze and the SingleHop support was excellent! We have less cores, faster speeds and the ability to manage for the future. Alert Logic is a great protector. We are very pleased.

The few connectivity issues we have had have been resolved with great alacrity.

What do you dislike?

We pretty much like everything. It would be better to get everything at less money. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reliability, speed, support are all things they excel in.

We are hosting client and our environments. The cloud has been a great way to manage our training. We are training multiple classes simultaneously. This has been a way for us to increase revenue too.

SingleHop review by Vandana T.
Vandana T.

"Personal, Prompt and Professional "

What do you like best?

I love having a person on the line immediately, ready to help, each time I call.No matter what day, what time. It is such a pleasure working with the Singlehop team.

What do you dislike?

Not Applicable. I have not had any negative experience with Singlehop yet.

Hosting services. Singlehop is providing a Secure Virtual Private Cloud with a pool of dedicated resources for our HIPAA compliant solution. Also included is in this is Disaster recovery and alert logic.

SingleHop review by Ken C.
Ken C.

"Exceptional and timely support"

What do you like best?

The support staff is always quick to respond and fix. I can be somewhat demanding and they always respond with patience.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I do not like about them

Server issues and mail issues

SingleHop review by Steven J.
Steven J.

"Proven to always be reliable"

What do you like best?

Server performance and technical support;

What do you dislike?

Can't think of any dislikes at all. Very impressed with product..

Recommendations to others considering the product

High level of technical support

Perfect environment for development and production sites. Essential to my business.

SingleHop review by Consultant

"Outstanding"

What do you like best?

Support and Sales are just the best. Nothing else to say here.

What do you dislike?

Pricing even after so many years you keep servers I have at a price that should be way lower. You do not review prices and provide automatic lower price range for old servers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Me personally will not use any other Cloud or Dedicated server provider.

None

SingleHop review by Akram Hasan S.
Akram Hasan S.

"Mentionable cloud infrastructure"

What do you like best?

Shield security and Lead control panel need to be highlighted. Automate bare metal server with amazing customer support actually the key point I am with them. Very easy to deploy and run servers using their unique leap control panel access able from any device made IT management easier then ever. Shield security also an amazing feature offered by them. Easy to configure firewall and keep server secure. With dedicated customer manager you don't have to think about technical problems. Overall very satisfying service.

What do you dislike?

I know when the product is better, price also high. Just think their server price a little bit expansive.

SingleHop review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Single Hop they do the work so we can focus on other IT challenges - like what's next?"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about Single Hop is their reliability and uptime.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that we dislike about Single Hop as a company.

Previously we did not have a disaster recovery solution. By moving our servers and services to the Single Hop environment, we quickly implemented a backup and disaster recovery solution to our network.

SingleHop review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Director of Quality Management"

What do you like best?

Very quick feedback on any question. Very knowledgeable staff. SingleHop is my favorite vendor.

What do you dislike?

If I had to say something, I'd say that I wish they would host email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a reliable, efficient, capable vendor to host your dedicated or virtual servers, SingleHop is one of the best.

Hosting dedicated servers and backups.

SingleHop review by Administrator

"Wide range of skills and technologies available to support our business"

What do you like best?

Availability and range of physical servers that can be deployed on an ad-hoc month to month basis

What do you dislike?

Limited locations globally, when dealing with physical servers, abilities to migrate between locations is limited.

Delivery of web application to end users. Reduced cost and risk of commitment to resources that are needed on an ad-hoc basis

SingleHop review by Administrator

"Quite satisfied with Singlehop service."

What do you like best?

The service is rock solid, no any interruption in more than 5 years. DC engineers are highly qualified and managers are friendly.

What do you dislike?

The only thing we miss is ipv6, hope they will be able to provide ipv6 soon.

We are running web sites and subscription service for our products.

SingleHop review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Customer Support and Service"

What do you like best?

The customer support I receive is second to none. Not to mention, the uptime and speeds have been positive. :)

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything I dislike about SingleHop services.

SingleHop hosts more than 100 professional client websites. The dedicated server I lease is fast.

SingleHop review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Excellent service and support"

What do you like best?

The way they take care of the customers.

What do you dislike?

Until now, I didn't dislike anything because they have what any customer need. They have great products and an amazing customer services.

The cloud integration with Veeam for our company.

SingleHop review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Great customer support and easy to implement"

What do you like best?

Getting our backups offsite quickly and the integration with Veeam. Makes our DR planning much easier.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the merge times on backups are slow. No rhyme or reason to this, and we've had support look multiple times.

Having multiple copies of our backups and getting them offsite quickly. Integration with Veeam is simple and easy. Only have to manage our backups from the Veeam console, and the CloudConnect takes care of everything else.

SingleHop review by Alla F.
Alla F.

"infrastructure from one centralized location"

What do you like best?

LEAP carries over 400 fully automated features so you can manage your infrastructure faster and with less errors.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to get started, need more help and examples

transparency in the infrastructure

Learning about SingleHop?

* We monitor all SingleHop reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.