Sisense

Sisense is an end-to-end business analytics software that enables users to easily prepare and analyze complex data, covering the full scope of analysis from data integration to visualization.

Work for Sisense?

Learning about Sisense?

Sisense Reviews

Ask Sisense a Question
Showing 128 Sisense reviews
Sisense review by <span>Brian T.</span>
Brian T.

Implementation Was Great, And Support Continues To Be Great. We Enjoy Pushing The Limits

What do you like best?

Great experience. We use Sisense both internally and resell (OEM) to our clients. Sisense implementation team did a great job helping us to complete our first use cases, which was a great source of hands-on education. We've been running with Sisense for more than a year and have seen useful new features, design updates, and bug fixes. Their support people are efficient, professional, knowledgable, and just nice people. There have been challenges as we push the limits of functionality, but support from both the sisense community and the Sisense support people has allowed us to push through those challenges. Sisense has a incredibly useful and valuable product today, and I look forward to seeing the product roadmap come to reality.

What do you dislike?

The mobile experience isn't nearly as rich as we'd like. They've grown quite a bit there in the last year, but still needs more capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to dedicate time and resources to the implementation stage. We learned so much during implementation and really improved our knowledge of the product. Don't slack here.

Real-time Internal visibility to operations for account and executive management, also providing similar visibility directly to clients through OEM license of Sisense. We've become dependent on the operational analytics from Sisense for both assessing the success of recent feature updates and prioritizing new features.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sisense
Sisense review by <span>Doug S.</span>
Doug S.
Invitation from the software vendor

We needed a BI solution we could integrate, implement and embed quickly and easily. Sisense did it.

What do you like best?

The Elasticube manager makes creating datasets easy and fast. I built a large, complex dataset and was designing dashboards within 30 minutes.The ability to extend the capabilities using plugins is essential to getting good results. The user community is very active and knowledgeable. I find most of my questions are answered with a quick search.

What do you dislike?

The ease of use of the designer is great, but it sometimes limits the capabilities I've had in other platforms. There's usually a way to get it done with a plugin or a clever work around. The Elasticube Manager is great too, but the ability to do transformations should be easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the on-boarding process. The consultant assigned to us was very helpful in getting us up and running quickly and designing compelling dashboards.

We needed a solution for our customer portal that supported a high level of data security, was easily embedded and could produce compelling dashboards. Our customers love it and we've been able to make it intuitive so most can pick it up right away.

What Market Intelligence solution do you use?

Sisense review by <span>Wicus V.</span>
Wicus V.
Invitation from the software vendor

Democratising your data: a BI tool that gives colleagues access and freedom to explore

What do you like best?

Easy to use and intuitive data interface: the Elasticube builder's graphical user interface makes for very easy setup from a data perspective.

Intuitive dashboard creation process: with barely any tweaking, your dashboards and widgets look great.

Finely tunable access control: with cube-level and row-level access restrictions, you can ensure that the right colleagues have access to the right information.

Sundry things: the ease of replicating and downloading dashboards, the ease of downloading the data behind a widget (especially helpful for winning over colleagues from an Excel background), the intuitive nature of setting filters' impact to exactly what you want.

What do you dislike?

Currently no Elasticube manager for Mac (I understand that this is changing in upcoming releases).

SiSense is used to give users access to the company's data asset in a compliant way.

The dashboards ability to show information from a very high level, down to row-level detail *AND* give selected users the ability to download the underlying data goes a long way in building user confidence in the product.

Sisense review by <span>Xavier D.</span>
Xavier D.

Sisense Provides Great Data Visualization Tools

What do you like best?

I've used Sisense for several years and I really like some of the new features they've added to this latest version. My new favorite features:

1.) data security by user group- allows scoping of data based on the group to which a user is assigned

2.) table views of data that are easily exported to CSV for Excel

3.) One button print to PDF for all users

My favorite features since our initial launch:

1.) Response times for large data sets - It's amazing how much faster Sisense Elasticubes are at filtering large datasets than an MS SQL query

2.) Ease of importing multiple data sources on any sort of recurring schedule

3.) Ability to create formula based data tables and columns in an Elasticube using other imported tables

4.) Ease of installation on our own hosted cloud platform

5.) Number of official and third party plug-ins

What do you dislike?

There are a few areas I'd like to see some improvement in for the Sisense platform. Personally I'd like to see some flexibility of join types within an Elasticube to something other than just "inner". I'd also like to see more granularity with the built-in map widgets. For the United States, the maps only go as far down as state level. I'd love to see county and zip code maps become an integrated widget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SIsense is currently a WYSIWYG implementation for designing and building dashboards. So if you're used to more of a studio environment where you design and then publish to the web, this will take some getting used to. The WYSIWYG development does have a few short comings in terms of customization.

We currently use Sisense to track key performance indicators of state organizations related to probation and parole. These KPIs are now easily tracked across date ranges and states with ease. In addition to KPIs, Sisense allows us to get a high level view of the demographic breakdown of our data sets that wasn't easily possible before.

Sisense review by <span>Sajid A.</span>
Sajid A.

Easy to Use

What do you like best?

Ease of use and seamless integration between data sources. The ease of use of the front end is another great benefit of this tool. There are built-in connectors for almost all mainstream data sources, including, redshift, big hive, facebook, google adwords, google analytics. The web-based dashboards can be accessed from anywhere and are very easy to create. The visualizations and widgets supported by the dashboards are above par as well. Mapping solutions on sisense are still relatively limited but I see Sisense making good progress on that front as well. Overall, it is a great full stack Business intelligence solution that would be very easy to adapt.

What do you dislike?

Limitations in the elasticube environment to apply DAX functions

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an easy to use product that provides an excellent platform for integrated data analytics.

Laying the framework of descriptive analytics. Real-time analysis of data.

Sisense review by <span>Jonathan M.</span>
Jonathan M.
Invitation from the software vendor

Powerful BI with incredible ease of use

What do you like best?

Sisense offers incredible flexibility when accessing not only multiple data sources but multiple types of data sources. I have easily connected MySQL databases, Google Sheets, and Zendesk. Particularly, the ability to create a custom query when building the Elasticube as well as further SQL customization in the Elasticube schema affords me the opportunity to make sure I have exactly the right data for my dashboard designers.

The dashboard creation is impressively featured, including the addition of plugins to implement additional functionality. The visualization is nice and most data presentations I need are included.

Installation and upgrade are almost effortless and I have never run into implementation issues.

What do you dislike?

I would the ability to include other types of joins other than INNER in the Elasticube but I have been made aware that that functionality is on Sisense's roadmap. This will make things much easier for my implementation. It would also be nice if it ran on a Linux platform (something else I hear is on the roadmap).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have worked with many other products including Birst, Jaspersoft, and Cognos and this is by far the best I have used.

We are using it in many departments. We use it to track platform feature adoption over time to give us an idea of what areas are partners are using and what areas require more messaging and focus. We also use it for attrition data analysis to bring together multiple data sources to identify trends and key indicators.

Learn more about Sisense

Sisense Videos

Learning about Sisense?

* We monitor all Sisense reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.