Site5

3.7

Site5 provides shared, reseller & VPS hosting with a range of service plans and server locations.

Work for Site5?

Learning about Site5?

Site5 Reviews

Ask Site5 a Question
Showing 13 Site5 reviews
Site5 review by V. Matthew K.
V. Matthew K.

"On-par web hosting company with confusing backend"

What do you like best?

What I liked best about this is that if you're putting up a WordPress site, they give you what you need and stand out of your way. Putting up a basic website and a fully developed Wordpress site with e-commerce features can be done with this service.

What do you dislike?

The service and customer support can at times be... less than filling. There also have billing issues, where you are paying with a PayPal account, but the address you're paying to seem to not match the site's brand at all, which is my biggest issue with them. My other issue is that if you have a high traffic WordPress site, they have some rather expensive features and they don't fully explain the differences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for basic website up for your clients, this can be helpful. The service offerings are reasonable. However, if you are looking for deeper integrations, you might try your luck elsewhere.

I put up few basic websites under their reseller packages. I also created a website with e-commerce functions. Managed to pull it off without issues.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Site5
Site5 review by JoAnna C.
JoAnna C.

"Reseller hosting that's full featured, and fairly priced"

What do you like best?

Many features for resellers at a good price. Includes WHM and domain reseller account for free. Closest thing to VPS without the vps lol. Very good amount of control. They offer almost the latest PHP and sql versions. Upgrades are regular. Fairly stable servers. Decent tech support. server backups!

What do you dislike?

Not the most secure of hosts. Attempted hacks this years: 2. They do resolve it pretty quickly though. unstated limits hidden within "unlimited" data clause. run out of bandwidth pretty quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend their super duper reseller package. Don't cheap out. Also, go for the enom account they offer. You'll be happy you did.

Hosting and webdesign services for clients. Competitive to godaddy pricing. I can customize cpanels to match my business' logo so everything looks professional. white labeling hosting.

What Web Hosting solution do you use?

Site5 review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Service is decaying rapidly..."

What do you like best?

Been a customer of Site5 for a while. Initially the support experience was what the others have stated. Over and above - willing to help out in anyway they could, etc. However, as they have shifted away from all phone support in favor of chat only service has really declined dramatically.

What do you dislike?

Scripted replies that don't align with the questions on chat queues. No way to talk to anyone regardless of the severity of the problem. Chat agents are focused on scripting you answers I think until you give up... most interactions of late have gone through several chat sessions before they will even initiate a ticket, let alone escalate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have critical solutions you are hosting and will need immediate and escalated support look elsewhere - escalated support takes days not hours.

The hosting has been pretty reliable for the most part. Went through a rough spot with a lot of short outages for a while. Upgrades shut off permissions to things that have been previously set... but overall seeking new hosting solution due to the above - the above is costing me far more than any benefit i am receiving from Site5

Site5 review by Winston D.
Winston D.

"A decent product with a troubled past"

What do you like best?

Site5 makes it very easy to get started. Due to the container structure, it is incredibly simple to get started with, rather than needing to configure a whole server on your own.

What do you dislike?

As a Rails developer, Site5 used to be amazing. They were one of the few companies that offered the whole package of easy deployment and simple domain setup. Those days have long passed though. Ever since their fiasco about the ruby 1.8.7 upgrade. Even after that version had been retired mid-2013, they still lacked any attempt at a fix until later in November. By this point, the switch was over to Ruby 2.0, and more importantly, newer versions of Rails which had compatibility issues with the dated version of Ruby being run. Eventually, the sites I had hosted failed all together, and I still have as of yet to move them over to a better hosting provider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Site5 can be great, but they have been going downhill recently. If you are looking for something to get your feet wet with customizing the software for webhosting, this could be for you. As it stands, Site5 has made major errors, such as taking multiple years to make the upgrade to any version of Ruby 2, citing that it would "break things", even when it could be a simple opt-in. While they might get better, be weary of the past and make sure that you are not stuck with Site5.

Needed to get started hosting Rails, and I wasn't disappointed at the time. As time wore on, nothing changed.

Site5 review by Yuliya R.
Yuliya R.

"Fantastic hosting provider"

What do you like best?

I've been a customer of Site5 for over a year and a half. I am someone who is savvy enough to use wordpress and dabble on the backend of site management but not to a developer degree. I did very thorough research before I decided to go with them, eliminating giants like GoDaddy and HostGator in the process. Site5 has 24 hour customer service and their live chat feature is a life saver for a small business owner. Their ticketing software and customer service reps are very quick and efficient. If they can't fix my problem, they will tell me who can. I never experienced any service interruptions, my site loads quickly and even the email system works quite well.

What do you dislike?

There were several times when an issue took multiple nudges to resolve - someone would tell me they couldn't fix it when I knew for a fact they could. After contacting a few different customer reps, my issue was resolved in the end but it took an unnecessarily long time. However, this is certainly an exception to the rule rather than the norm.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a person that is not terribly tech savvy, I would absolutely recommend hiring a web developer to help set up things on the back end and with general site maintenance.

I am a small business owner who relies on clients and income that comes from my website. Therefore it is paramount to me that a hosting provider has top notch customer service and support and understands my needs. Site5 has certainly delivered on all the areas I needed help/assurance with.

Site5 review by Administrator

"Site5 Response Time & Assitance"

What do you like best?

When we initially registered with Site5 we were utilizing a web developer that acted as the middle man when we ran into issues. With budgetary constraints we had to eventually take this over ourselves. We rarely experienced issues until more recently when one of our sites was hacked.

What do you dislike?

The response time and their willingness to help was awful. One of our websites that was being hosted on their site was hacked. When we approached them for help and guidance we were shocked at how little they did to help us and even more in shock at how much we got passed around from one technician to the next. None of which seemed to know anything. We eventually reached out to our previous web developer to help us get the site back up and running.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their customer service is severely lacking and if you have an issue you are lucky to get a hold of someone let alone someone who may know what is going on and even less likely to get a solid answer as to how to fix it.

We are learning that just because a company may look the part the true test is how they do when issues arise. Granted no one wants to experience issues at all but that's not realistic. Now we are in the midst of potentially looking for a new hosting site where it is more user friendly and suited to our companies needs.

Site5 review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Best Host for VPS"

What do you like best?

Site 5 has excellent support reps who are willing to go above and beyond the expected level of support and they are great about communicating when there are changes or maintenance schedules. The site is easy to navigate and my account was very simple to set up and manage using their online tools.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really run into any major issues with site5.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Site 5 is perfect for either managed or un-managed VPS services. If you need something more flexible and a lower cost, and you have server admin experience, go for the un-managed plans.

We needed a better hosting solution for some of our websites that were getting a considerable amount of traffic and Site5 turned out to be a great option. I am able to manage my own server and have the flexibility to configure it based on the web applications that we choose to run.

Site5 review by Marycruz H.
Marycruz H.

"Easy to use interface"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use for those of us who aren't very tech savvy and they have guides that will show you how to set up a domain or other web services. They also have customer service support 24/7 via phone, email or chat. I have gotten support through chat and they were able to walk me step-by-step and answered all of my questions.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly nothing that I don't dislike. All of my questions have been answered to my satisfaction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Site5 allows you to pay monthly. 6 month or yearly. Their support staff is amazing so if you're up at 1am trying to figure out your website, they are able to assist you.

Site5 review by Umesh C.
Umesh C.

"Superb Customer Service"

What do you like best?

My review is for superb customer service provided by site5. Everyone provides basis cpanel and other things but after sales service is superb with site5

What do you dislike?

Nothing, to be disliked till now. Everything is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing from my side.

Web Hosting

Site5 review by Harris S.
Harris S.

"Easy to use web hosting with great customer service support."

What do you like best?

Although we have just started hosting our website to a shared hosting package I was impressed with their customer support. Different server locations and CloudFlare integration can help you optimize website performance to fit your needs.

Another big advantage is MultiAdmin. This allows you to host unlimited full-featured domains giving each their own control panel.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. I will try to update my review after some time when I will be more confident about their web hosting reliability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Benchmark each server location to find the best performance for your site visitors.

Site5 review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Fast, simple to manage and economical hosting"

What do you like best?

I have hosted several small websites on Site5 and all have been fast, stable and inexpensive. Language support is great (code) and things are kept up to date. Great communication too if ever something does go wrong or they are expecting downtime.

What do you dislike?

Only one thing was that sometimes you had to log in twice when moving from their control panel into CPanel on the server. But this is really the only problem I encountered!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support is fast. Use their live chat feature and things get sorted really quickly. They also have a status page you can check out to see if there are problems/ETAs for fixes before you get in touch

Site5 helped us get projects off the ground quickly and easily. And inexpensivly!

Site5 review by User in Design
User in Design

"Easy and cheap"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use, the plans are cheap and affordable, that there is someone to actually help if needed. The sites run smooth and fast.

What do you dislike?

It's not very easy to design as other websites are more customizable if designing and coding isn't your strong suit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it a bit easier to design and more customizable. Definitely not for someone that is not familiar with hosting websites.

Providing a fast web site for a lower cost to sell products. The unlimited bandwidth is beneficial for a low price.

Site5 review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"Reliable web site hosting"

What do you like best?

Their servers are responsive. There's no indication that they overload. They have a number of datacenters, including one in Chicago. Customer service is excellent. They answer the question you should have asked!

What do you dislike?

Shared hosting is shared hosting

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good platform for small to medium usage websites. They have an ecosystem in which you can grow, should your traffic grow. For 5.95/month, you get a lot more than you get with other services.

Learning about Site5?

* We monitor all Site5 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.