SiteGround

Web hosting is their craft. Latest speed technologies are their passion. Unique security solutions are their specialty. Amazing technical support is their pride.

Work for SiteGround?

Learning about SiteGround?

SiteGround Reviews

Ask SiteGround a Question
Showing 43 SiteGround reviews
SiteGround review by <span>Kevin S.</span>
Kevin S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I really like everything that they offer to the individual as well as all of the tools they offer to businesses that manage, build and maintain websites. 2 things that I absolutely love about SiteGround is that they do not limit the things that designers and developers need to succeed AND they have some of the best customer support that I have ever received from ANY business EVER.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I did not like from the beginning at SiteGround was the backend panel. I think the design and user experience could get better than it is now and I also think that the ability to have a Live Chat link in the support area of the backend (when already logged in) would be amazing. I always have to open a new tab and get to the SiteGround homepage to then click and get live chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with SiteGround in a heartbeat! They have all the necessities and way more. Features that very few would even use... they have it all!

Amazing hosting for all our clients with the ability to have integrated FREE SSL's through Let's Encrypt as well as all the best and leading functionalities of a successful hosting solution.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SiteGround
SiteGround review by <span>Bakari C.</span>
Bakari C.

Excellent online support

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I don’t have a lot of knowledge and expertise about Internet service providers, but I have been using SiteGround for nearly 5 years now, and any time that I have technical issues with my three websites, SiteGround provides 24/7 online support. Their support staff is patient, and in many times immediately response to service side problems. I use the basic server features, but SiteGround includes advanced plans and features like the ability to mirror your website(s) so that you can try out various layouts and major changes. If I can remember correctly, the installation process for setting up a website using SiteGround was relatively easy, and any questions I had during the setup process were immediately answered.

What do you dislike?

There is not too much to dislike about SiteGround. I can’t compare it to other Internet service providers because it is the only one I have used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There may be some video of the tutorials on YouTube about how to use and get set up with SiteGround, but I am pretty confident that they will walk you through the process of setting up your website or transferring it from another web hosting service. They usually offer a significant discount for new customers on Black Friday and New Year’s Eve. The basic plan is fairly affordable, but the premium plans are for me a little pricey.

I use SiteGround to run three blog sites (using WordPress platform), which require a considerable amount of my time. So it’s important to have SiteGround provide the type of technical support when my websites run into problems. It is probably about time that I also invest and upgrade my server plan to take advantage of continuous backup of my websites, and the website mirroring feature.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Website Hosting solution do you use?

SiteGround review by <span>Govind R.</span>
Govind R.

Site hosting

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The support is the best. Very helpful.

Turn around time if you are in queue.

Often they go over and above their call of duty to help customers.

What do you dislike?

I have recently upgraded to cloud hosting. The transition process wasn't smooth at all it took a week to fix problems. When you purchase the hosting they will not explain which server location should you choose and why. For a first time buyer, which I was back then in 2012 when I bought the service, I had no idea which location to chose and why. They create a CDN account with cloudflare without asking you which email address would you want for the cloudflare account. I had to face a lot of issues because of it as the initial email address that I had was of the website that I closed ages ago. The new email address I registered with the siteground wasn't automatically updated with the cloudflare. I had to get in touch with irritating support of cloudflare and had to contact multiple times with siteground. This was an issue that also exposed lack of product knowledge within the staff of siteground specific to this issue. It was resolved but took a week and hours of communication.

Reliable hosting.

SiteGround review by <span>J Lee H.</span>
J Lee H.

Good hosting service

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I've always been able to get support easily via chat when I needed it. I have an iWeb site and a WordPress site hosted at SiteGround and haven't had any problems.

What do you dislike?

I haven't experienced anything negative at this point.

I use SiteGround for a simple business website built on iWeb and a WordPress site. I was previously hosting the iWeb site at MacHighway but when everything went bad at MacHighway in 2013-2014, I looked for a new place to host and chose SiteGround. I was impressed by their instant support via chat (or nearly so), and the people have always been so friendly. The WordPress site I've only hosted at SiteGround.

When deciding where to take my MacHighway business, I was a little leery of SiteGround because they are incorporated in Panama yet their offices are in Bulgaria, but I read many, many reviews and didn't see anything to cause concern, so I went ahead and signed up. Everything since I've signed up has worked well.

SiteGround review by <span>Daniel B.</span>
Daniel B.
Validated Review

Started as a dream, ended as a nightmare

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The only thing we liked about SiteGround is their entry level pricing. But if you plan to build a business— do not use SiteGround. We are tremendously disappointed with the service we received and their support team is experts in wasting their clients time and stalling issues.

What do you dislike?

Their support staff is trained on upselling you. They have no interest or intention in selling you what you need, or being helpful. Their servers are slow and if you upgrade, like we did, they lock you in and hold your data hostage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering SiteGround, I strongly suggest you look elsewhere. If your business is successful, you will encounter the same issues we did and will end up paying thousands to a company you dislike.

We had a small website we wanted to host on their servers. They persuaded us to upgrade our servers so that they could scale faster with the promise that the cost would scale based on how many users were accessing the website. The result was that we ended up spending several thousand more than we needed, and when we tried downgrading the account, we were not able to. They essentially held us hostage for over a year, causing us to incur several thousand in fees.

SiteGround review by <span>obai s.</span>
obai s.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The Speed of my website has improved after migrating to site-ground.

Due to the fact that they have server locations in Europe, my website is now responding at much higher level to users from Africa and middle east.

I also love the fact the they provide advanced caching tools for the middle package of their shared hosting plan. Other hosting companies from the same class restrict the advanced caching features to the expensive high package plans only.

What do you dislike?

an important features like wordpress staging require an account upgrade. While the same feature was included in my previous hosting plan from the same class.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would honestly recommend them specially if you are using WordPress. You would enjoy a fast website with advanced caching technologies for the price of the moderate shared hosting.

I was looking for a hosting company that had a data-center in gamester, to provide a faster website for my users in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. But i found that site ground even have a data center in Milan along side the Amsterdam one. Milan Data centers are closer to my area and thus provided better server response time.

Learning about SiteGround?

* We monitor all SiteGround reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.