SiteGround

Web hosting is their craft. Latest speed technologies are their passion. Unique security solutions are their specialty. Amazing technical support is their pride.

Work for SiteGround?

Learning about SiteGround?

SiteGround Reviews

Ask SiteGround a Question
Showing 53 SiteGround reviews
SiteGround review by Chad F.
Chad F.
View Original

"A fantastic, reliable host with extra bells and whistles for WordPress"

What do you like best?

I have been using Siteground for many years now, and they have always impressed me. Top notch customer support that isn't outsourced overseas and not helpful. They always answer right away and you get to speak with experienced technical staff who understand WordPress and how to fix problems.

Also, SiteGround includes very advanced additional tools for WordPress sites. Fast caching, site boosters, one-click staging sites, backups, and more. I really like their WordPress tools and I use them for all of my main WordPress sites, as well as high traffic sites. Performance has never been an issue with their servers, especially on their cloud plans and dedicated server plans.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about this hosting company so far. I have only had a few instances where there has been minimal downtime, and I've been with them for many years. They also don't have discounts on some of their plans if you offer to pay upfront for a year or longer. Currently my cloud account is capped at 6-month renewal terms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Siteground to anyone looking for quality hosting, and willing to pay a higher price for better service and performance.

I heard about Siteground through a hosting review site as well as a trusted colleague of mine. I was currently using a competitor's service and was having issue with a large forum site that I ran that was very resource intensive (lots of mySQL queries, complex PHP scripts, etc). I needed cloud hosting with a reliable provider that has WordPress features without being a fully managed service because I prefer having full control over my server environment rather than getting a 'locked down' server with the managed hosting competitors out there. Also, I needed to run a non-WordPress PHP-based service. With SiteGround you get managed level support but with full control and CPanel control panel. They migrated my big non-WordPress forum site, as well as all my WordPress sites over to my new SiteGround account free of charge, and the transition was flawless. I can't recommend them enough!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SiteGround
SiteGround review by Luciano Gabriel G.
Luciano Gabriel G.

"Siteground for Newbies"

What do you like best?

This is actually the first time I hire a Hosting service, and I did it because a recommendation of a friend who really knows about this. And all I have to say is that it completely work out for me.

I'm not an expert on this Hosting world, but I can say that with SiteGround it all got easier, support is so good and fast, the interface is so user-friendly, and it works perfect!

What do you dislike?

Tutorials are not really the best when you trying to create a website, you have to do a lot of searchs on google after you find a really good tutorial with all the steps you need. It would be nice to have this on SiteGround and of course, well organizated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to host only one website, the "StartUp" program is not really the best, but if you are looking to Host several websites, Siteground is the hosting provider for you!

During the past 6 months I have hosted several websites, and created them using wordpress. As I work as a Freelancer it's so nice to always have support 24/7 (live chat), so that's what I love the most about SiteGround.

What Web Hosting solution do you use?

SiteGround review by Kevin S.
Kevin S.

"Absolutely LOVE SiteGround. I will use them as the hosting provider for years to come!"

What do you like best?

I really like everything that they offer to the individual as well as all of the tools they offer to businesses that manage, build and maintain websites. 2 things that I absolutely love about SiteGround is that they do not limit the things that designers and developers need to succeed AND they have some of the best customer support that I have ever received from ANY business EVER.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I did not like from the beginning at SiteGround was the backend panel. I think the design and user experience could get better than it is now and I also think that the ability to have a Live Chat link in the support area of the backend (when already logged in) would be amazing. I always have to open a new tab and get to the SiteGround homepage to then click and get live chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with SiteGround in a heartbeat! They have all the necessities and way more. Features that very few would even use... they have it all!

Amazing hosting for all our clients with the ability to have integrated FREE SSL's through Let's Encrypt as well as all the best and leading functionalities of a successful hosting solution.

SiteGround review by Bakari C.
Bakari C.

"Excellent online support"

What do you like best?

I don’t have a lot of knowledge and expertise about Internet service providers, but I have been using SiteGround for nearly 5 years now, and any time that I have technical issues with my three websites, SiteGround provides 24/7 online support. Their support staff is patient, and in many times immediately response to service side problems. I use the basic server features, but SiteGround includes advanced plans and features like the ability to mirror your website(s) so that you can try out various layouts and major changes. If I can remember correctly, the installation process for setting up a website using SiteGround was relatively easy, and any questions I had during the setup process were immediately answered.

What do you dislike?

There is not too much to dislike about SiteGround. I can’t compare it to other Internet service providers because it is the only one I have used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There may be some video of the tutorials on YouTube about how to use and get set up with SiteGround, but I am pretty confident that they will walk you through the process of setting up your website or transferring it from another web hosting service. They usually offer a significant discount for new customers on Black Friday and New Year’s Eve. The basic plan is fairly affordable, but the premium plans are for me a little pricey.

I use SiteGround to run three blog sites (using WordPress platform), which require a considerable amount of my time. So it’s important to have SiteGround provide the type of technical support when my websites run into problems. It is probably about time that I also invest and upgrade my server plan to take advantage of continuous backup of my websites, and the website mirroring feature.

SiteGround review by Govind R.
Govind R.

"Site hosting"

What do you like best?

The support is the best. Very helpful.

Turn around time if you are in queue.

Often they go over and above their call of duty to help customers.

What do you dislike?

I have recently upgraded to cloud hosting. The transition process wasn't smooth at all it took a week to fix problems. When you purchase the hosting they will not explain which server location should you choose and why. For a first time buyer, which I was back then in 2012 when I bought the service, I had no idea which location to chose and why. They create a CDN account with cloudflare without asking you which email address would you want for the cloudflare account. I had to face a lot of issues because of it as the initial email address that I had was of the website that I closed ages ago. The new email address I registered with the siteground wasn't automatically updated with the cloudflare. I had to get in touch with irritating support of cloudflare and had to contact multiple times with siteground. This was an issue that also exposed lack of product knowledge within the staff of siteground specific to this issue. It was resolved but took a week and hours of communication.

Reliable hosting.

SiteGround review by Hussain S.
Hussain S.

"It was the first hosting I have ever used"

What do you like best?

It has a few number of benefits.

1- it provides very fast WordPress processing speed.

2- sub_domains can be created in a very few steps.

3- email management system is very efficient.

4- they provide services in a very reasonable price.

What do you dislike?

There is a small list of things I didn't like about siteground.

1- it wastes a lot of time in making ticket and then getting to the support. However, hostinger is only a click away to talk to the experts.

2- I have a MacBook and a windows operating computer as well, it won't allow me to stay logged in on the both devices at the same time.

It was the first paid hosting I have ever used.

1- I was able to finish my website in less time because of it's fast speed.

2- I also had unlimited sub-domains and email for the very first time.

SiteGround review by J Lee H.
J Lee H.

"Good hosting service"

What do you like best?

I've always been able to get support easily via chat when I needed it. I have an iWeb site and a WordPress site hosted at SiteGround and haven't had any problems.

What do you dislike?

I haven't experienced anything negative at this point.

I use SiteGround for a simple business website built on iWeb and a WordPress site. I was previously hosting the iWeb site at MacHighway but when everything went bad at MacHighway in 2013-2014, I looked for a new place to host and chose SiteGround. I was impressed by their instant support via chat (or nearly so), and the people have always been so friendly. The WordPress site I've only hosted at SiteGround.

When deciding where to take my MacHighway business, I was a little leery of SiteGround because they are incorporated in Panama yet their offices are in Bulgaria, but I read many, many reviews and didn't see anything to cause concern, so I went ahead and signed up. Everything since I've signed up has worked well.

SiteGround review by Shawn T.
Shawn T.

"Great Quality Web Hosting Platform"

What do you like best?

SiteGround is my favorite hosting service. First of all, they are super intuitive in how their services are set up. Anything you need to do, you can figure it out pretty fast, by how they set up their systems and layout. And if you are unable to do what you need to get done, SiteGround's customer service will pick up the phone faster than any other hosting service and they will help you out quickly and teach you how it's done!

What do you dislike?

I don't like how when my year is up, my price is much greater than what the discount price was for when i was signing up. I really do appreciate the beginning price and i'm thankful for that, but the price increases a lot after my first term is up. I'm sure a lot of people sign up because of the very cheap starting price but it can increase as much as 400% after your term (1 to 3 years) is up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Site ground is an amazing service and you will not be disappointed when choosing them to take control of your website backend needs.

SiteGround is helping my business stay running in the background 24/7. I've never had a problem with how my sites have performed, and they have NEVER gone offline. I am able to guide all my clients that desire their own hosting account, to a service that i know will not let them down.

SiteGround review by Daniel B.
Daniel B.

"Started as a dream, ended as a nightmare"

What do you like best?

The only thing we liked about SiteGround is their entry level pricing. But if you plan to build a business— do not use SiteGround. We are tremendously disappointed with the service we received and their support team is experts in wasting their clients time and stalling issues.

What do you dislike?

Their support staff is trained on upselling you. They have no interest or intention in selling you what you need, or being helpful. Their servers are slow and if you upgrade, like we did, they lock you in and hold your data hostage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering SiteGround, I strongly suggest you look elsewhere. If your business is successful, you will encounter the same issues we did and will end up paying thousands to a company you dislike.

We had a small website we wanted to host on their servers. They persuaded us to upgrade our servers so that they could scale faster with the promise that the cost would scale based on how many users were accessing the website. The result was that we ended up spending several thousand more than we needed, and when we tried downgrading the account, we were not able to. They essentially held us hostage for over a year, causing us to incur several thousand in fees.

SiteGround review by obai s.
obai s.

"A shared hosting loaded with advanced tools .. on a global server network"

What do you like best?

The Speed of my website has improved after migrating to site-ground.

Due to the fact that they have server locations in Europe, my website is now responding at much higher level to users from Africa and middle east.

I also love the fact the they provide advanced caching tools for the middle package of their shared hosting plan. Other hosting companies from the same class restrict the advanced caching features to the expensive high package plans only.

What do you dislike?

an important features like wordpress staging require an account upgrade. While the same feature was included in my previous hosting plan from the same class.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would honestly recommend them specially if you are using WordPress. You would enjoy a fast website with advanced caching technologies for the price of the moderate shared hosting.

I was looking for a hosting company that had a data-center in gamester, to provide a faster website for my users in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. But i found that site ground even have a data center in Milan along side the Amsterdam one. Milan Data centers are closer to my area and thus provided better server response time.

SiteGround review by Emanuele P.
Emanuele P.

"Incredible Support, at a cost"

What do you like best?

I really like SiteGround ease of use, and the ability to create working website with custom Wordpress installations in no time. Support is live and great.

What do you dislike?

Price is high, especially after the first year promo. Also i had problems with the daily number of inode usage where they cut off the website, and had to buy a higher price tier to keep it up and running.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it for small medium business that wants to launch a website or a need a hosting space.

Siteground helped us having a website up and running in zero time.

SiteGround review by Mario U.
Mario U.

"Professional Hosting Provider that becomes your business partner"

What do you like best?

Quality and Excellence in Customer Service, Top level technology with clear principles, Advance actions for threats, overall a solid infraestructure to relay on

What do you dislike?

Reseller Plans are only for basic accounts, if you want to scale it does not have mid options

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you value quality and real awesome customer technical service you give them a try, it´s always worth to have a serious and reliable provider in order to manage important and changing value like web items.

Providing hosting for my current clients in a safe an reliable space

SiteGround review by Derek L.
Derek L.

"Powerful hosting features with a few annoying quirks"

What do you like best?

SiteGround provides a fast and reliable space on the web for my clients, who rely heavily on web traffic to drive their business growth. Thanks to SiteGround, my clients can expect reliable hosting with minimal if any downtime, fast loading of their website to aid in retaining prospective clients' attention and boost SEO, and a fully-functional cPanel with plenty of tools to aid us.

What do you dislike?

I've had a couple frustrating experiences with customer support in trying to solve any potential issues that come up. There are a few hard-coded security measures like inherently blocking SMTP ports, which prevents sending authenticated emails from the website unless you specifically ask for the ports to be unblocked. It is sometimes difficult to get a support representative who will try to work with you rather than quickly clearing their ticket queues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize their support system to migrate your websites, databases, and more. If you're migrating from one cPanel website to SiteGround's cPanel, it's very easy to use cPanel's backup and restore to migrate all your information.

I was the lead on a project to move the website of a local business from inadequate shared hosting to one of SiteGround's virtual private servers, and the results are night and day. Frequent downtimes and server errors that we saw previously on the old web host are nonexistent with SiteGround, and my clients have nothing but good things to say about how much the improved web hosting performance helped drive client growth.

SiteGround review by lynh t.
lynh t.

"Exceptional Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

I've used multiple hosting services in the past; including HostGator. They have absolutely terrible customer service, and I couldn't seem to get any of the right answers after talking to several technicians. Thus, I moved over to SiteGround and my life has been made so much easier!

What do you dislike?

Nothing, so far. I've had a great experience using Siteground for my hosting service.

Efficiency. They have great chat support that's 24hrs. Anytime I have an issue, I contact them and the issue is resolved in minutes!

SiteGround review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Siteground user for almost 2+ years"

What do you like best?

I loved their support and ease of use. I also liked that they've used CPANEL which is an easy way to manage my websites. I can easily add new domains, subdomains, redirects, CRON jobs, emails, and the one click installer is a great way to save time and money in installing websites.

What do you dislike?

Expensive for hosting plans. One of my sites got a lot of traffic from the search engines in just a few months. After reaching about 50,000 - 100,000 visitors per month, my siteground hosting account was notified because of this shared CPU resource hog. I needed to upgrade my hosting plan if I want to keep this website inside my siteground account. What I did was I had to move this high traffic website to a more practical website hosting plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth to try, but there are also tons of other options out there. Read more reviews and reach out to this hosting providers and see a feel of their customer support.

I needed to host a high traffic website, moving from a standard shared hosting plan to Siteground's Geek plan helped solved the issue until I got more traffic to my site again. Iniitally siteground was able to help me scale resources but the high traffic needed more server resources. And this is when they've wanted me to upgrade on a higher hosting plan which was also more expensive.

SiteGround review by Christina W.
Christina W.

"A little complicated, but works perfectly"

What do you like best?

The support is amazing. There is never a wait longer than five minutes.

What do you dislike?

I would like a slightly more detailed support section, but their actually support crew is amazing and makes up for the lack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to ask Support for help. They are amazing.

We host our websites on the site. It helps us have a personalized site that sets us apart from the other Property Managers in the area.

SiteGround review by Melissa K.
Melissa K.

"I recommend SiteGround to everyone who asks me about hosting!"

What do you like best?

When I moved from another host, SiteGround transferred everything over for me. Talk about peace of mind! I have never experienced downtime with SiteGround, and any time I've had a question, I've received a response and support so quickly I was almost shocked! I also like that they update WordPress for me after a certain period of time if I haven't done it manually on my sites.

What do you dislike?

I have found absolutely nothing to dislike about SiteGround. I have never regretted my decision to switch my hosting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have no hesitation in recommending SiteGround to anyone considering it. The uptime and support are outstanding, and I have found the cPanel easy to use.

I have two websites related to two different aspects of my business, and I wanted a reliable host so that I wouldn't have to worry about my site being down. I have received exactly that in SiteGround. I recommend them regularly!

SiteGround review by User in Computer Software

"Quality hosting"

What do you like best?

The price is great. SSL certificate included. The process of purchasing was easy. Good tutorial for getting started. Great reviews from users. Haven't used it quite long enough to know which features are my favorites!

What do you dislike?

The layout of the cpanel/admin is a bit confusing, and clunky. It's not especially intuitive. For instance, when you go to the cpanel, it's super utilitarian, but not necessarily straightforward. I don't care about the visual aspect of the site, but it reminds me of something from the 90s.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was deciding between bluehost and siteground specifically. Personally, I was turned off by Bluehosts marketing, which has claimed you can get started for only 2.99 a month. When you sign up, you find out that you have to pay for two full years up front plus a bunch of extras which ends up being over $180 upfront. Siteground doesn't seem to use these tactics to get your business. I also read a couple of reviews comparing bluehost and siteground. apparently, siteground has better uptime as well as customer service.

the need for quality hosting with good uptime, customer service, fast servers. I'm using siteground to begin an ecommerce business.

SiteGround review by Robb F.
Robb F.

"Amazing Customer Support and Features"

What do you like best?

The customer service is unbelievable. They are available 24/7 and have the answers for all of your problems. If you do not like the service you are getting, you can even escalate to a senior representative. There has never been an instance in which I had a question or a problem and it has not been answered or solved. The people are very friendly, understanding, and easy to work with. Each representative is given a rating and the entire process is streamlined.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. There really has not been a single downside to using SiteGround. Their features are top notch and with the service to boot, it's a no brainer. We switched from GoDaddy and the difference is night and day. SiteGround puts their money into supporting their customers and giving them the resources they need, unlike GoDaddy that spends all of their money on huge marketing and advertising campaigns to trick the general consumer. We like to call GoDaddy, NoDaddy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It is the best decision you will make when it come to choosing a hosting platform. I cannot say enough how thrilled I am with everything SiteGround has to offer.

We are building websites for customers and we have realized that SiteGround has all the tools we need and the service to answer questions about tools we are not familiar with or want to have.

SiteGround review by Louisa N.
Louisa N.

"Great experience for the cost"

What do you like best?

The services provided at the cost is terrific. They are the best low-cost hosting provider out there! Their uptime is great, customer service is always knowledgeable, available, and helpful, and their service is what I would expect with no surprises.

What do you dislike?

Their pricing structure sometimes has hidden fees or things you might miss. So double check everything after you've ordered to make sure everything is in order. Contact service to remove any features you didn't sign up for, they're very quick in responding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For small to medium websites, SiteGround is perfect. For anything massive, ecommerce, large-scale... try something else. Their servers might not cut it for big operations.

I used SiteGround for multiple businesses and hosting situations. It was always reliable and easy to use, have no complaints about the service itself.

SiteGround review by Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

"Reliable Hosting and Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

SiteGround has exceptional customer service and shines in situations where there's a client that's inexperienced with the technical side of running and maintaining a website. Simply put, they'll hold your hand and fix things for you. Support tickets are answered in minutes and the tone is always polite and professional.

The hosting itself is reliable. I've hosted websites through SiteGround since 2007 and rarely experience any downtime on any of my sites or my clients'. Slowdowns are also rare.

What do you dislike?

The script execution limits are low with SiteGround's hosting. If your site starts getting real traffic, you'll have to upgrade to a more expensive plan. That may seem like a no-brainer, and I would never expect a simple shared hosting plan to handle a million visitors a month, but the limits are surprisingly low.

I also dislike the payment options. You can pay every three months on the GoGeek plan, but the lower plans only allow for yearly payments. There is no PayPal option, either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering SiteGround, evaluate your needs. They're an excellent option for many users, but if you anticipate a lot of site traffic and you have a tight budget, they may not be the best fit for you.

I've never had to hire outside technical support when using SiteGround. If I have a phpBB install that's throwing errors, a support ticket is all that's needed. They also have a useful knowledge base/FAQ that's well written. Those two combined have saved me a lot of time over the years.

SiteGround review by Navid V.
Navid V.

"Their price is worth just for their support alone!"

What do you like best?

Their offering tech wise are pretty much industry standard but with a few "cherries" on top - such as their bug/patch fix before the script developers.

But one thing that separates them from the rest is their support. Unlike other services whom send you links to their guides or on a goose chase to solve the problem, they do it for you and make sure it never occurs again.

What do you dislike?

There's always room to dislike a services price but nothing I regret.

Another sacrifice I had to make switching, being a user in Sweden, nearest server is Amsterdam, but just recently they added London as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think of it like leasing a car - the price is worth it for the unlimited service and repairs you have at your disposal.

I switched to Siteground from previous host because of their backup solutions, wordpress dedicated service and of course their support whom helped me move my sites to their service.

SiteGround review by Brianna D.
Brianna D.

"Extremely reliable, moderately priced host with fast servers!"

What do you like best?

I've used plenty of other hosts before, and I usually went with the big name companies and their affordable plans. Since I was using the accounts for side projects and not to make money, I couldn't justify spending a lot of money on a hosting account I wouldn't use all that frequently. When I did work on my side projects using those servers, it was a nightmare. Between the hosts going down and the sites loading slowly, I wasn't productive at all. My own personal website was hosted there as well, and it was constantly loading slowly or not at all. I couldn't have that happen, so I decided to research other hosting companies. I got referred by a good friend of mine to SiteGround, and I'm never going to another host again. After over two years, my site hasn't gone down once. It always loads extremely fast, and I don't have any issues working on side projects on the server either. They aren't THAT expensive, but compared to the extremely cheap (and crappy) hosts out there and the account not being a money maker for me, anything more than free is expensive.

What do you dislike?

I've only been with SiteGround for around 2 years, and honestly there really hasn't been anything that I haven't liked about them. As I stated before, it is a bit more expensive than other companies, but it's well worth the few extra bucks a month. Not having my personal website go down frequently is a huge plus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a highly reliable server for a moderate price, I would highly recommend SiteGround.

SiteGround review by Administrator

"Solid Shared Hosting"

What do you like best?

I have found the customer service to be exceptional, whether from setting up my domain and site to troubleshooting any issues that have come up.

What do you dislike?

A redesign has made it harder to find where you click through to customer support

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a good balance between cost and quality of shared hosting I highly recommend siteground. I see this recommendation echoed in other web development forums that I frequent and people often have the same reasons for switching as I.

Siteground provides me with shared hosting on SSD servers and with shared SSL certs.

SiteGround review by Hamza B.
Hamza B.

"Good customer service and hosting for small websites"

What do you like best?

Live chat : favorite feature, every time we needed help, it was instant, even if it was something complicated they would scale it to a senior technician.

Wordpress Staging: Deploy Wordpress websites with 1-click.

What do you dislike?

CPU Abuse by other accounts on the same server, i wish Siteground to limit CPU usage per account .. but for many times we had a 503 service unavailable error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall services provided by Siteground are good comparing to other shared or VPS hosting providers we tried.

Siteground provides kick ass customer support.

If your website require high availability, you might reconsider using a VPS instead of a shared plan.

We're using Siteground to host multiple small websites with no need to worry about managing our own servers.

Siteground is a cost effective hosting service with excellent customer support ..

SiteGround review by Amir M.
Amir M.

"Simple site hosting with great service"

What do you like best?

They make wordpress hosting really simple and help you out with whatever you need 24/7.

It's a basic/advanced service, more economical that hosting our own server and a small team of WordPress experts. They have lot's features - but none are "pro" level for developers. But their support makes up for all rest. It's really great and pleasure to work with them.

What do you dislike?

They offer many features like 'staging' and 'git' but they are sometimes less than you'd expect.

Some advanced security features cannot be achieved, like whitelisting administration panel due to the nature of multi tenancy. I also don't really like the SSL features, but I can do without it. for now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great price for simple wordpress hosting.

WordPress hosting for marketing website

SiteGround review by Brad N.
Brad N.

"Great support if you need it, but pricing not competitive with VPS providers"

What do you like best?

Great support. Fast, clear, easy, and knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is too high, but also understand support costs involved. They get you in with big first year discounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They get you in with great first year pricing and support is excellent. if you need help on the tech side, then stay with and use Siteground. I would have stayed if their vps pricing was competitive.

Solutions to problems when needed. Have used for quite awhile.

SiteGround review by User

"Perfect host for Wordpress sites!"

What do you like best?

Set up is easy, but the absolute best part is their customer service. Someone is ALWAYS available by phone or chat and they are fast friendly and quite a pleasure to do business with. Ive been with Siteground for 3 years and I have had maybe one instance of downtime that lasted about an hour or so.

What do you dislike?

My bank always flags the transaction when I pay my bill since they are an overseas company.

I am able to host my full customized woo commerce site via Wordpress here with excellent functionality and up time.

SiteGround review by Administrator in Cosmetics
Administrator in Cosmetics

"Semi-reliable service provider"

What do you like best?

That I can speak to an English speaking human in Europe within a few minutes. This was a big improvement from my previous host which required me to contact India and then have the language/lifestyle/humour barrier ontop of my non-tech abilities. The customer facing staff are very polite, friendly, knowledegable and... PATIENT.

What do you dislike?

I was moved to a new server, without being told what I'd need to change/check/fix prior and during. It was assumed I was tech savvy to do this. So my site was unavailable for 2 days. The ball gets dropped between selling me add-on and activating it. I would like an occasional check by a tech person to say whether I have paid servcies that I have no switched on/activated correctly, or tips to increase speed of site.

I sell handmade artisanal products through the site so it needs to be online 24/7 - this has not been the case.

SiteGround review by Armando R.
Armando R.

"My go to for wordpress hosting"

What do you like best?

My favourite feature is the auto updates in the WordPress managed hosting. I feel that i don't really need to worry about performing regular updates in my clients websites. When you have a lot of websites developed it can be a pain to update them all one by one. With my siteground hosting i feel much less overwhelmed by this tasking, which can be boring and time consuming.

Another great feature is the daily auto backups. When working with WordPress this is a must and i feel much safer when installing new tools. It also saves me a lot time and money in a subscription fee to an auto backup plugin.

What do you dislike?

There is not really anything that i dislike but it would be nice to have phone support outside the US. Anyway, the support works good enough for me.

I also wish that in their startup plan we could have the abilty to install more than one websites hosted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work with Wordpress you should definitely use their WordPress hosting.

It will save you a lot of time and give a feeling of control.

A 50% discount for the first year is definitly a good incentive to try them out.

Losing less time in maintenance updates in all my clients websites.

Feel safer with the daily auto backups and less worried when making changes or installing new plugins.

SiteGround review by Thomas H.
Thomas H.

"Support and Service I Would Expect"

What do you like best?

SiteGround actually has support and communications with clients.

What do you dislike?

If there is any intrusion, your only option is 3rd party vendors.

Hosting personal websites. The benefit is that they provider no hassle moves over to their service and they actually support their services.

SiteGround review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Siteground is the best!"

What do you like best?

I run a web design company at brainybeaver.com, and my site and all the websites my company has designed are on Siteground. I've used 1&1, GoDaddy, BlueHost, Register.com, and dot five before Siteground and I would never go back. I use exclusively WordPress and they have an incredible price for their value and fantastic 24 support that has gone above and beyond any time I've contacted them. I would change professions before I changed hosts again. Thanks Siteground!

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't change a thing. Hosting was a source of stress before I find siteground.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! :)

I'm not sure what this question means, exactly, but I've encountered a wide range of technical issues on many many sites over the last few years and Siteground had always had my back, fixing things that weren't even related to hosting. My websites are never down, never infected and always fast. Can't praise these guys enough for what they do.

SiteGround review by Brittany H.
Brittany H.

"Moved from WP Engine to Siteground"

What do you like best?

Pricing tiers are very reasonable. Sites seem to be very stable as well.

What do you dislike?

It's a lot less user friendly than previous hosting companies that I have used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're very familiar with hosting, it's great. I struggle with it because it's not as user friendly as what I'm used to but I'm sure I'll get he hang of it.

We needed somewhere to host our sites, and as we acquired new clients, the pricing for our previous provider became too much. Siteground provides affordable hosting that is reliable.

SiteGround review by Edward C.
Edward C.

"One of the fastest web shared hosts I've ever used!"

What do you like best?

Siteground is a great company offering great hosting services to their clients. The best thing I like about Siteground is how fast their web hosting service is - the average response time of the shared server that I was hosting my website was under 200ms - and they always seem to keep their hardware up-to-date and upgraded from time-to-time.

Another thing that caught my attention for Siteground was their offering of advanced caching features - which you don't see many hosting providers have. Coming from a technical background and doing freelance work with clients, this is crucial to any large site that has to go live. They offer memcached, the option to enable Google's PageSpeed module, and provides notices to make sure that your website is up to par with the latest speed guidelines.

Since I am a developer who works a lot with large and complex CMSs like WordPress and Drupal, Siteground is a great option because they have specific directions on hosting these systems. The lowest plan that they have is $6.95/month, which is hard to beat!

I am definitely going to continue using Siteground for all my needs.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike about Siteground is that their plans don't offer a lot of storage or bandwidth. There is no month-to-month shared hosting plans and if you are a Windows server user, you're out of luck.

I am solving the problem of finding the right hosting provider to host my clients' websites. Benefits are ease of use, cheap pricing, and the best hardware out there of any provider.

SiteGround review by User in Internet

"Cornerstone of my business: Siteground"

What do you like best?

Siteground is reliable, easy to use, and the support is fantastic. Everything I need help or have a question, their support team is there to answer directly and quickly. I haven't waited longer than 10 minutes to get an answer from them and I think this is phenomenal. The up-time for siteground has been as expected and overall they provide a quality product.

What do you dislike?

Would love to see a staging area (a la WP engine), but other than that I haven't encountered many complaints.

We host our own websites and client websites on Siteground. I've hosted sites that are heavy in media, corporate business websites, eCommerce, and membership. Each have performed beautifully and the support is great.

SiteGround review by Madeline L.
Madeline L.

"Good speed, great service."

What do you like best?

The SiteGround technical support is out of this world. They are so responsive, helpful and knowledgeable. There has not been an issue they couldn't solve or challenge they couldn't explain in clear, actionable terms.

What do you dislike?

Every so often my Page Speed Insights will indicate that server time is an issue. But in the grand scheme of things this is not our main problem.

We host our corporate website with SiteGround.

SiteGround review by Nicoleta S.
Nicoleta S.

"Reliable For Hosting"

What do you like best?

I chose siteground after reading reviews about similar hosting sites crashing or downtime. Siteground has been incredibly easy to use and zero down time.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any dislikes so far. Everything was easy and straight forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! They are reliable!

I needed to be able to have more control of my site and siteground gave me that ability. With other hosting it seemed complicated to transfer old sites and integrate with Wordpress. Site press makes it hassle free and is extremely user friendly.

SiteGround review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Best Web Host I've Ever Used"

What do you like best?

The list of features and plans is too long to list, but you won't be left unsatisfied. The costs are great, starting at just over $5 a month. They also host hundreds of thousands of websites, so you know they are reliable. Maybe their best quality: the up-time. I've been with them for over a year and not once have I experienced a downtime.

What do you dislike?

I've had a few coding errors pop up for no reason, causing blank screens. With that said, the customer support was incredible and the issue was resolved within an hour or so of opening a ticket. That's really the only issue I've had.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want your website to be up 100% of the time for a fraction of the cost, SiteGround is exactly what you need. I honestly struggle with bad things to say about them as I'm 100% satisfied.

Getting my website hosted reliably for a cheap price. I'm not only saving money by avoiding some of the bigger hosting companies, but I'm improving efficiency and maintaining a strong presence on the internet all the time with their incredible up-times.

SiteGround review by Jade C.
Jade C.

"Nice Customer Service, Not Very Intuitive"

What do you like best?

I chose SiteGround as a host because of their 60% off start-up special. It was an affordable option that offered what I needed. When I had a billing issue, the staff was friendly and resolved it within reasonable time. It was pretty easy to set up with my domains and easy auto WP installer.

What do you dislike?

Navigating around my admin area isn't very intuitive and some of the tutorials are outdated.

Site hosting multiple websites.

SiteGround review by Muhammad Imran N.
Muhammad Imran N.

"SiteGround is the Best Hosting Provider in My Experience"

What do you like best?

Along with advanced hosting features, It's in-house made cache system is the best on, and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Well hosting is great, features are also awesome, I am disappointed with per month page views limitation. They have to increase it just like others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While choosing hosting from SG, everyone should consider monthly visitors limitation. And the rest features are awesome. :)

You don't have to worry anything about hosting problems. their support team will help you when you have any issue. And its the best thing they provide at affordable prices.

SiteGround review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Great managed hosting with terrific customer suppport"

What do you like best?

Customer support; I'm an experienced user and the few times I've needed their support they have been timely and helpful.

What do you dislike?

The control panel; I'm not a big fan of cPanel despite it being used as a hosting standard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a reliable shared hosting environment with outstanding customer support, you can't do much better than SiteGround.

I host several websites that don't require a lot of resources and where the clients aren't willing to pay much. With SiteGround, I get reliable hosting at a reasonable price.

SiteGround review by Gaurav J.
Gaurav J.

"Not much satisfied"

What do you like best?

Their Support and Turnaround Time is good, they sometimes help you in live chat itself

What do you dislike?

Siteground servers are not much effective, if you are having little big ecommerce website,

Caching issue worst then any other servers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are having small site you can go with siteground hosting

Siteground was having really nice hosting but within few months whatever the reason, their server went worst.

No doubt Siteground support is good, but we were having lot of issues with it.

We are afiliate partner of siteground, and we have recommanded this hotsing to lot of our customers, but within few months, they started complaining. The major issue we were facing due to their caching system. Its really worst.

SiteGround review by Harpreet P.
Harpreet P.

"Great for high performance websites"

What do you like best?

Offer the latest web hosting technologies vs other big web hosting companies.

SSD server drives

PHP 7

Caching

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislike at the moment. However, I did note slightly average higher prices and high renewal prices.

web hosting for high-performance websites

SiteGround review by Conrad K.
Conrad K.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It is a simple hosting site and they made it very easy for me to transfer my account

What do you dislike?

I don't like have to pay extra for support

Hosting my website

SiteGround review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great value, service, support & speed"

What do you like best?

Level 2 tech support is superb (via support ticket). Goes above and beyond to assist. Knowledge senior support resources. Great control panel.

What do you dislike?

Level 1 tech support is poor (the ones I come across via Chat) and does not appear knowledgeable. Very entry level resources that gives candid answers. It didn't use to be like this. In the past Level 1 & 2 were equally excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for Magento sites. Although shared hosting is a bit limited in database size, memory, job scheduling frequencies, etc. etc. Level 1 Chat support is very entry level but Level 2 Support Ticket resources are excellent. I love the people there. They go above and beyond to help me out, even when an issue may be out of their scope.

provides faster speed for my Magento store compare to other hosting providers. Ability to receive Magento related technical assistance and resources. Where the problem is out of their scope, they will provide me links to helpful articles to point me in the right direction.

SiteGround review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Excellent support, excellent hosting"

What do you like best?

Fast and Excellent support! SiteGround support expert always response to support request very quickly. If can't resolve straight away, they will raise the ticket to get higher level support in a very short time.

What do you dislike?

Backups for Cloud Hosting is too short. Currently it is only 7 days backups, not quite enough. Better to have backups like shared hosting, e.g. monthly, daily, + 7 days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best hosting provider. I have tried many different web hosting companies and products as a web developer, SiteGroupd is the best.

SiteGround provides fast and excellent support, both hosting and web application.

SiteGround review by User

"Affordable and scalable service "

What do you like best?

Clear pricing structure and no constant push for upsells.

What do you dislike?

Thus far I don't have any complaints about them. I suppose their admin interfaces are on the ugly side but that has zero act on performance.

I needed a more secure solution to provide cpanel hosting for clients once I outgrew shared hosting. My client and testing sites are now stable and safe from one another.

SiteGround review by Administrator

"Excellent Customer Service and great set of support products"

What do you like best?

I first chose Siteground for our new business on cost but the thing that sets them apart is their customer service. On numerous occasions I've need help and very quickly I've been able to chat with a knowledgeable support persons.

What do you dislike?

As our company grows I'm conscience that there are limits placed on usage - but they represent an excellent choice for 90% of websites

We need a reliable hosting company for our wordpress site. As we have no professional developers, we found Sitegrounds staging sites an excellent way of developing our site in a 'sandbox' before going live.

SiteGround review by Kaustubh V.
Kaustubh V.

"Had difficulties setting up site ground"

What do you like best?

Payment plans are flexible. Month to month

What do you dislike?

Their technical support is less knowledgeable. They don't have expertise with major content management systems.

Building site up, Maintenance and theming..

SiteGround review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"easy to use, awesome fast support"

What do you like best?

great support, had a small website in siteground and the installation was a breeze. if you need bigger traffic solutions, maybe you would have to switch

What do you dislike?

speed for south american locations is not perfect as there are no servers there. one might need to use cloudflare or similar services for optimization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great support, for small websites this is perfect

web hosting

SiteGround review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"The best of the best company in the word :)"

What do you like best?

all they are the best in the word, the service are amazing and super professional with fast customers service,

What do you dislike?

the are 100% professional and don't have any problem with 2yrs with Siteground.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't go anywhere this company are the best :)

Yes those people from site ground are the best and professional :)

SiteGround review by Agency in Mining & Metals
Agency in Mining & Metals

"I wouldn't reccomend"

What do you like best?

My team was held hostage by Siteground when they oversold us on products and didn't release our data when we asked to downsize our subscription.

What do you dislike?

Service, does not have customers best interest in mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about your clients first.

No benefits, only headaches.

SiteGround review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Easy to use, good customer service"

What do you like best?

Hosting was easy to set up and it's been easy to add additional domains. Customer service have been fast and helpful.

What do you dislike?

I can't really say I have any complaints so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are the first hosting company I've worked with, but so far, I've been impressed with their customer service. I would recommend giving them a shot.

Learning about SiteGround?

* We monitor all SiteGround reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.