Siteimprove

Siteimprove is a web governance software that helps you better manage and maintain your website through quality assurance, accessibility, web analytics, SEO, and response - all in one tool.

Work for Siteimprove?

Learning about Siteimprove?

Siteimprove Reviews

Ask Siteimprove a Question
Showing 17 Siteimprove reviews
Siteimprove review by <span>Chelsea T.</span>
Chelsea T.

Overall, it's a wonderful tool.

What do you like best?

I love the quality assurance and accessibility tools the most, they are SO user-friendly and make my job so much easier. I don't have to "dig" for bad information because SiteImprove does it for me. More recently we've begun to dive more into the analytics offerings, and I appreciate the specificity I can get with SiteImprove versus something like Google Analytics.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes feel that SiteImprove pushes functionality out to users before it's fully polished; we had a really rough time integrating their Sitecore plugin due to slow development on SiteImprove's end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SiteImprove is a must have for website teams who need to perform routine maintenance, but also can be crucial for a new website or a transition period.

Drinker has been using SiteImprove since 2015 (perhaps earlier) and it was extremely beneficial when we transitioned our website backend from Darwin to Sitecore--broken links up the wazoo. SiteImprove allowed us to stay on top of these issues as we transitioned so that when we launched our new website, everything was functional. We still use it to regulate our websites, and have since started tracking an additional domain.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Siteimprove
Siteimprove review by <span>Scott M.</span>
Scott M.

CMS integration invaluable fixing content issues

What do you like best?

The ability to deep link directly into our CMS in edit mode to fix issues with blog posts or web pages and then SiteImprove automatically rechecks the page so I can track which issues have been addressed and see how they improve our QA, SEO or Accessibilty scores.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, however the SEO and keyword analytic improvements are one of the modules that SiteImprove said they will be beefing up in 2018 as some of the tools don’t seem as robust as the rest of their platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After using SiteImprove, I can’t imagine not having the site wide insight and visibility it provides me as a webmaster across our three sites.

The ability to see issues with structure, spelling and meta data across our entire website and suppport community in one view and quickly prioritize what changes can have the biggest impact. The ability to see our Google Analytic data inside and alongside our web content has improved ability to make informed decisions about where to spend my time.

What Content Analytics solution do you use?

Siteimprove review by <span>Sandra B.</span>
Sandra B.

Couldn't Do My Job Without Siteimprove!

What do you like best?

I love a lot of things about Siteimprove, but it was especially helpful when we did our website redesign and I was able to export all of our site pages. I was then able to map those pages to the new site architecture, identify gaps, and have a great starting place for the list of 301 redirects. Siteimprove has incredibly responsive customer service, and they are continually pushing out product improvements.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have much that I don't like. The only thing that is sort of frustrating is that the analytics don't match up with Google Analytics, but that's just the difference between how two different products measure things. I don't fault Siteimprove for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth it to invest in all of the modules, even if you use another product for some of them, such as Google Analytics..

I use all modules on almost a daily basis. However, I've especially relied upon the Accessibility module lately to help ensure our ever-changing site meets WCAG 2.0 AA.

Siteimprove review by <span>Amanda H.</span>
Amanda H.

A Powerful Tool That Ticks All the Boxes

What do you like best?

Siteimprove is a complex site evaluation and monitoring tool that allows me to see multiple issues with my site in real-time. It allows me to fix issues quickly, create rules to catch future issues before they live on my site for too long and to repair ADA compliance issues that could cost my district major dollars far into the future.

What do you dislike?

As I said, it is a very powerful tool. I feel that it will be best utilized in a larger format than my own school district of 4,300 students and 700+ teachers. I do not have the breadth of website administrators used at a college or larger countywide school district setting, so once I have used the site to get my website in order it may not be necessary to have a constant subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The training was a quick birds-eye view of the product. It would be helpful for my school district officials such as myself to have a more in-depth training specifically as to what the specific ADA compliance alerts mean and how to quickly repair those issues. Many school communications officials are overwhelmed by the compliance issues as it is, so it would be helpful to target a training for the most specific needs.

The site is helping me to find broken links, misspellings and also repair ADA compliance issues that school districts are now required to fulfill. It allows me to create a more professional site that will not have technical glitches such as 404s and misspellings lower my district's credibility.

Siteimprove review by <span>Keith P.</span>
Keith P.

Siteimprove makes web site QA very easy for multiple sites

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is the dashboard which allows you to quickly access the various QA sections (broken links, misspells, etc.) for multiple sites. We have eight sites being monitored, so it is nice to have a one-stop-shop entry point.

What do you dislike?

Still getting used to the new interface and statistics dials. The new UI certainly looks better than the old one, but I feel like I need to click a bit more than I used to in order to get to where I want to go. Perhaps, it is just a matter of getting used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support team is great and fast, so definitely use them if and when you need help. Along with solving problems, they also help you discover other parts of the platform that might be of additional help/use. When addressing the Section 508 errors, the platform does a nice job of separating the A/AA/AAA issues so that you can focus on the most critical issues first. Last bit of advice is set things up so that the individual site owners get reports so that they can self-serve fix as much of their problems as they can, saving you (the admin) some time!

In the world of international development, sites are going down and/or changing content all of the time which results in broken links. The members of my company that contribute content to their project web sites do not always spell-check their work, so Siteimprove is great in that it provides a periodic report on what is broken so that it can be quickly fixed so that we look professional.

Siteimprove review by <span>Andy G.</span>
Andy G.

You only know what you know, until you get SiteImprove

What do you like best?

From simple broken links and misspellings to more complicated accessibility issues and SEO shortcomings, I've relied on SiteImprove at three different organizations. Every organization thought their site was in good shape, until the results of the first scan came back.

Now, I look forward to my weekly reports and, for a property which hovers around 10,000 pages with hundreds of updates per week from a small web team, there's never a lack of items to address each and every week that we would never know were issues otherwise.

What do you dislike?

From top to bottom, there honestly isn't anything I dislike about the product. It perfectly suits our QA needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're on the fence, be sure to ask for a test scan of your site. The results will likely be eye-opening.

SiteImprove is at the core of our quality assurance efforts. Our properties now have few, if any, broken links or misspellings and we're getting closer to full WCAG 2.0 compliance with each passing code deploy.

Learning about Siteimprove?

* We monitor all Siteimprove reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.