Siteimprove

Siteimprove

Siteimprove offers the world's most comprehensive cloud-based Digital Presence Optimization (DPO) software. With the Siteimprove Intelligence Platform (SIP), you gain visibility to eye-opening insights that empower you and your team to understand, prioritize, and optimize the performance of your website and beyond.

Work for Siteimprove?

Learning about Siteimprove?

Siteimprove Reviews

Ask Siteimprove a Question
Showing 133 Siteimprove reviews
Siteimprove review by Theresa (Terri) E.
Theresa (Terri) E.

"Siteimprove is great"

What do you like best?

I love Siteimprove's user interface. It's easy to understand and navigate around. I love the you can switch between different roles (developer, content editor, etc.). That way a user doesn't have to see issues that they can't solve.

Another great thing about Siteimprove is their customer service. When I submit a ticket, I usually hear back within the hour. If that person can't solve my problem, they will refer me to the next person.

What do you dislike?

I have a lot of nit-picky things that could make the UI better, but specifically, the reports section is the hardest thing for me to figure out. It's not user-friendly because it is still using the old UI. Figuring out how to set up a report and what the difference between that and the automatic emails that come out is confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Siteimprove is a great tool to use! The interface is very easy to use. It's especially helpful for content editors who don't work in code.

We use Siteimprove on our main website and all our blogs. The web contributors mostly use it to find broken links and update alt text on their images. I, as the developer, use it to fix accessibility issues in the code, I help contributors fix broken links, and use the inventory to track documents, pages, and links. We're just getting into using the SEO part of Siteimprove, so I'm working on understanding how it can help me.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Siteimprove
Siteimprove review by Thomas A.
Thomas A.

"SiteImprove could be better."

What do you like best?

I love that it scores everything, and shows you right where your problems are. The help is pretty good. I also appreciate the HTML and CSS validation. I like that is scores the whole website, and the groups have also proved to be helpful. The PDF scanning is a great help to our school districts.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the false positives. I have many pages that report issues on the issues page, and yet are clean when you click on them - very frustrating. Even more frustrating are all the approvals required. I change a template, I have to go approve that change on hundreds of pages? Really? There's got to be a better way.

Also, you never know if your changed you've just made are reflected in the scoring. And when you make changes, the issues page doesn't update, the icons just spin until you refresh the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Siteimprove is the best product I've seen, but can be very frustrating at times. It sometime gives false readings, and sometimes isn't very current with the changes you've made.

We're in education, and parents with children with problems want the websites accessible for their children. Parent will complain, or even sue our customers, so we really needed something to show best effort, and help us improve our accessibility. The PDF scanning will prove to be a great help to our school districts as well, for the reasons mentioned above.

What Digital Governance solution do you use?

Siteimprove review by Brad R.
Brad R.

"My Site Really Has Improved!"

What do you like best?

We primarily use SiteImprove to monitor our compliance with accessibility guidelines. As a public school district, we want our content to be available to as many people as possible. SiteImprove's automated accessibility checking is outstanding. Where I used to check each of my site's 300+ pages individually, it now happens in the background and I can check our accessibility compliance on my schedule. In addition, the thoroughness of SiteImprove's checking has shown us many areas where improvement was needed. Finally, the product is well designed and very easy to use and understand.

What do you dislike?

There are a few items that seem to be more "manual" than necessary, like marking the same image acceptable when it appears on every page of your site. But that's a minor quibble compared to the benefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their regular webinars on accessibility issues are highly educational. They also offer free training on accessibility, SEO, and more.

We started down the Web Accessibility road because many other school districts were being sued and penalized for non-compliance. Through the use of SiteImprove, we were not only able to dramatically increase our compliance, but we were able to turn the corner from "what have to do this" to "this is the right thing to do." We've learned that accessible design is good design.

Siteimprove review by Christopher F.
Christopher F.

"A huge help in ongoing accessibility and QA work"

What do you like best?

Siteimprove offers very straightforward and actionable advice and was by far the fastest way for us to improve accessibility on our site. While their "scores" are somewhat subjective, we found there was real value in just seeing the numbers tick up as you complete certain tasks and improve the overall experience of your site.

What do you dislike?

While I like the new features added when SEO was broken off into a separate module, I was only able to demo these. I dislike that those basic features are no longer available for basic subscribers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are certainly cheaper options for accessibility tools, but if your organization can afford it, Siteimprove has greatly helped streamline our accessibility efforts. The cheaper options might give you the raw information, but Siteimprove will help you treat that info as an actionable to-do list.

We signed onto Siteimprove initially just to help with bringing our website up to WCAG 2.0 levels of accessibility. However, we've continued to use it for basic QA purposes.

Siteimprove review by April H.
April H.

"Siteimprove - a helpful tool for quality assurance"

What do you like best?

Siteimprove offers tools to improve the accessibility and quality of your website, including broken links and misspellings, as well as analytics and SEO information. The dashboard is easy to use and provides you with scoring that helps you track and continuously improve your website. Additionally, Siteimprove customer support is very helpful and responsive. Their help documentation and academy courses are great. The accessibility community with Siteimprove has been very helpful too - connecting me with other university web managers and professionals in the field.

What do you dislike?

There are not many things I don't like about Siteimprove. It is very comprehensive which means there is more information there than I can process and manage.

#1 is accessibility - as a public university, that's a critical point. #2 is quality assurance - spelling, accuracy, links that work, being able to use the policy tool to scan for information. #3 is analytics - the more you understand how visitors use your site, the better you can make that experience.

Siteimprove review by Corey K.
Corey K.

"Siteimprove has improved our web presence ten fold"

What do you like best?

Siteimprove allows me to easily find broken links and spelling instead of randomly catching them or waiting on the community to find it. It saves the embarrassment of users thinking your company is incompetent. We also purchased Siteimprove once we realized the need for ADA compliance and it not only saved time finding items out of compliance, it also teaches you very clearly what is and isn't compliant.

What do you dislike?

Trying to refresh fixes you've made seems a little glitchy and doesn't always work the first time. It makes it difficult to know if you actually fixed the problem or not. The main scanning process seems to work great but not the individual page refresh.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. If they don't know the answer, they will find someone who does. Use them when you need help because they won't give you the run around like some other companies.

Mostly ADA compliance and ways to improve our CMS so staff cannot break pages. We were able to fix a lot of issues involving relative and absolute URL's within the CMS. I have been gradually bringing other staff members on board along with other internal and external websites we own.

Siteimprove review by Jaye H.
Jaye H.

"Web Governance Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Setting up Siteimprove to work on our site was fairly simple and straightforward. The staff at Siteimprove were fantastic and were available when needed to assist us and helped to provide best practices to make the experience as painless as possible.

Siteimprove has many excellent features. Some reports we use daily, other weekly or monthly.

I appreciate the fact that Siteiprove stays on top of the challenges that I and my peers face as we manage enterprise-level websites. For example, they have made a rather robust set of tools for reviewing accessibility standards. Having a small team with limited resources, tools like this help us to identify and prioritize issues.

Site improve also offers webinars and training on all aspects of their services. These have proven to be a tremendous resource for us.

What do you dislike?

Overall I love Siteimprove, so it is tough to come up with dislikes. The only thing I can think of is we seem to come across false-positives on links that appear broken. This may be less an issue with Siteimprove but more to do with the myriad of external sites we link to that may be unstable. It is usually easy to force Siteimprove to rescan the page and clear the error. Other times, we get an error, but nothing is highlighted within the tool to show where it is coming from. This is VERY infrequent.

Too much work and not enough resources. Sound familiar? Siteimprove enables our small web team to assist a large population of content editors. As issues are identified, we can work with editors in a quick and efficient way to resolve them. There are great automated tools to send reports to editors responsible for their section of the site. We don't have to become involved unless the issue is outside the skill set of the editor. Siteimprove is a great first line defense against common web issues. It can help stop small issues from becoming big problems. It's like an honorary web team member who watches our back!

We benefit by reclaiming some of our already limited time. We benefit by having a site that is constantly being reviewed for issues and measured against the latest standards. This proactive approach helps us maintain a site with a high level of content integrity and usability.

Siteimprove review by Eryn Y.
Eryn Y.

"Couldn't be happier"

What do you like best?

As a small, liberal arts college with an even smaller marketing team, I rely heavily on Siteimprove to help maintain the integrity of the content on our entire website. It's hard for me to pick one thing that I like best about the system but one thing that is invaluable is the ability to set up policies to catch things like name changes, empty alt text, or violations of our style guide that may not be considered misspellings. I set up new policies almost weekly at this point.

What do you dislike?

There is very little that I dislike about the system. There are a couple things I wish it did differently or that were added features, but it's possible that I just don't know how to do them. One thing in particular that I've found myself wanting to be able to do is to assign a particular instance of a violation to a specific user. I also wish that I could better customize the scan reports that get sent to users. There are some specific accessibility violations that I want to include in the email template, but can't seem to figure that out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I actually cannot imagine running our site without Siteimprove at this point. We've used the service for probably around 7-8 years and it continues to improve and provide value for so much of what I do on a day to day basis. One caveat is that I personally don't know how much we spend to have the system. However, my boss knows that I would put up a fight if we ever tried to use something else!

The most important business problem we solve with Siteimprove is quality control. The system helps streamline the feedback that our dozens of content contributors receive and ensures the quality of their work. I've also recently been relying on the Accessibility module heavily to bring our site closer in alignment with those best practices.

Siteimprove review by Stephanie T.
Stephanie T.

"SiteImprove is Necessary for a Great Website! "

What do you like best?

I legitimately LOVE SiteImprove. I really only use a few of the modules: 1) Quality Assurance, 2) Policy, and 3) Response—primarily QA though. The QA module helps us find all of the spelling errors, broken links, etc. which are hard to find if you’re not studying the website 24/7. Additionally, they have great customer service and are extremely responsive to questions and needs that arise. Lastly, the fact that you get smiley faces in the interface when you're doing well on some particular issue, is super fun!

What do you dislike?

The fact that I don't have time to use all of its capabilities. There's some really powerful tools in there, but unfortunately, I just cant' use them to their greatest extent.

Primarily misspellings, broken links, and policy items, e.g. when organizations change names, it's easy to find all pages that that organization is listed on to rename it, to find specific URLs throughout the site that need updated, etc.

Siteimprove review by Tiffany S.
Tiffany S.

"Great tool for website review"

What do you like best?

I love the easy to understand dashboards both with quality assurance and analytics. The score we receive for certain features makes it fun to try to improve our site. I've contacted support a few times for help and they've been amazing to work with every time. My most used features are the broken link and spell-check tools, but that is only the surface of quality assurance. Policies can be customized to find certain things like phone number and email formats or commonly misspelled words that are technically spelled correctly.

What do you dislike?

There has been some downtime and slowness in the past, but when the site is up it's great. One thing I would like is more training and resources. The webinars I've attended have been useful though.

Siteimprove helped us when transitioning websites. They allow you to temporarily add dev sites so we were able to run some quality assurance checks before going live. Other than that it helps our higher education institution keep up appearances because a misspelled word is especially detrimental to our reputation.

Siteimprove review by John Wesley B.
John Wesley B.

"For a small school division, Siteimprove provides giant benefits"

What do you like best?

Siteimprove is a game changer for our small communications shop trying to wrangle more than a dozen websites. From immediately spotting broken links and misspelled words to highlighting issues regarding Accessibility, Siteimprove is the sharpest tool in our toolbox. The Dashboard is powerful. At a glance you can see where you need to devote resources to fix a problem immediately - problems with Siteimprove also Ranks for you concerning importance.

What do you dislike?

The interface is great for seeing where the issues are in your website, however, it doesn't automatically update the dashboard as you fix those issues. You have to refresh the problems manually. There have been significant improvements in connected with CMSs so you can correct the problem within Siteimprove, but it still is a little clunky. Sometimes it fails, and we have to go into the website proper to fix the issue. Again, this is a powerful tool that keeps getting better month after month. With the improvements I've seen made to the product over the last year, I have no doubt it will continue to grow stronger.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Siteimprove is very good about letting you test-drive their services before purchase. I have never had a support question go unanswered with most responses arriving the same day.

Before Siteimprove our websites were a mess regarding Accessibility. We also migrated our entire portfolio of digital properties to a new platform, and Siteimprove helped make sure we made all the reconnections necessary.

Siteimprove review by Jill O.
Jill O.

"Invaluable Tool for our Website"

What do you like best?

Siteimprove allows us to find errors on our site in a timely manner before they get out to the public too much. With the regular scans, we've found that we can catch any user-generated errors/issues quickly and usually before too many people have stumbled upon them.

What do you dislike?

Our scans do seem to take a lot longer since we included the GDPR module, which is frustrating. I had come to count on the 3-day frequency and it's been taking longer to complete now that we have included that.

We have corrected a lot of accessibility issues on our site. The quality assurance is great because it helps us find the seemingly "simple" mistakes, but the ones that can cost you in terms of credibility. The analytics tools allow us to implement event tracking and behavior analysis in a quick and easy to understand and implement way.

Siteimprove review by Kalena P.
Kalena P.

"Siteimprove is Essential and Invaluable"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Siteimprove is the quality of the platform, the quick responses from the support team, and a desire as a company to constantly innovate and make accessibility a priority.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more instance/occurrence management capabilities within the system to make approving en-mass easier, but other than that it works well!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a solution that can help you monitor and demonstrate progress towards accessibility compliance, on top of improving other aspects of your sites, then Siteimprove is the right tool for you. Not only is the Siteimprove Platform top-notch, but their support team is second to none. Anytime I have a question or concern, they respond quickly, professionally and always with a great attitude.

Our primary goal is demonstrating progress towards, and ultimately achieving, accessibility compliance for all of our sites. Siteimprove helps us do that.

Siteimprove review by Melissa K.
Melissa K.

"Super Helpful Services"

What do you like best?

I like how SiteImprove is consistently monitoring my account and has information at the ready if we need to research issues. The reps are great and attentive. They are always willing to assist or find the info that you need.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I am currently having an issue with the plugin for Wordpress and we cannot figure out what is wrong. That is the only frustration I currently have. The reps have been great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have WCAG concerns, SiteImprove can help you become compliant and understand what the issues with your site are.

Making sure that our website is accessible to people of all abilities. I realized that there is an abundance of information on the platform and that others are going through the same issues so I can get information on most topics, if I need.

Siteimprove review by Chelsea T.
Chelsea T.

"Overall, it's a wonderful tool."

What do you like best?

I love the quality assurance and accessibility tools the most, they are SO user-friendly and make my job so much easier. I don't have to "dig" for bad information because SiteImprove does it for me. More recently we've begun to dive more into the analytics offerings, and I appreciate the specificity I can get with SiteImprove versus something like Google Analytics.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes feel that SiteImprove pushes functionality out to users before it's fully polished; we had a really rough time integrating their Sitecore plugin due to slow development on SiteImprove's end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SiteImprove is a must have for website teams who need to perform routine maintenance, but also can be crucial for a new website or a transition period.

Drinker has been using SiteImprove since 2015 (perhaps earlier) and it was extremely beneficial when we transitioned our website backend from Darwin to Sitecore--broken links up the wazoo. SiteImprove allowed us to stay on top of these issues as we transitioned so that when we launched our new website, everything was functional. We still use it to regulate our websites, and have since started tracking an additional domain.

Siteimprove review by Scott M.
Scott M.

"CMS integration invaluable fixing content issues"

What do you like best?

The ability to deep link directly into our CMS in edit mode to fix issues with blog posts or web pages and then SiteImprove automatically rechecks the page so I can track which issues have been addressed and see how they improve our QA, SEO or Accessibilty scores.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, however the SEO and keyword analytic improvements are one of the modules that SiteImprove said they will be beefing up in 2018 as some of the tools don’t seem as robust as the rest of their platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After using SiteImprove, I can’t imagine not having the site wide insight and visibility it provides me as a webmaster across our three sites.

The ability to see issues with structure, spelling and meta data across our entire website and suppport community in one view and quickly prioritize what changes can have the biggest impact. The ability to see our Google Analytic data inside and alongside our web content has improved ability to make informed decisions about where to spend my time.

Siteimprove review by Sandra B.
Sandra B.

"Couldn't Do My Job Without Siteimprove!"

What do you like best?

I love a lot of things about Siteimprove, but it was especially helpful when we did our website redesign and I was able to export all of our site pages. I was then able to map those pages to the new site architecture, identify gaps, and have a great starting place for the list of 301 redirects. Siteimprove has incredibly responsive customer service, and they are continually pushing out product improvements.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have much that I don't like. The only thing that is sort of frustrating is that the analytics don't match up with Google Analytics, but that's just the difference between how two different products measure things. I don't fault Siteimprove for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth it to invest in all of the modules, even if you use another product for some of them, such as Google Analytics..

I use all modules on almost a daily basis. However, I've especially relied upon the Accessibility module lately to help ensure our ever-changing site meets WCAG 2.0 AA.

Siteimprove review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"A Powerful Tool That Ticks All the Boxes"

What do you like best?

Siteimprove is a complex site evaluation and monitoring tool that allows me to see multiple issues with my site in real-time. It allows me to fix issues quickly, create rules to catch future issues before they live on my site for too long and to repair ADA compliance issues that could cost my district major dollars far into the future.

What do you dislike?

As I said, it is a very powerful tool. I feel that it will be best utilized in a larger format than my own school district of 4,300 students and 700+ teachers. I do not have the breadth of website administrators used at a college or larger countywide school district setting, so once I have used the site to get my website in order it may not be necessary to have a constant subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The training was a quick birds-eye view of the product. It would be helpful for my school district officials such as myself to have a more in-depth training specifically as to what the specific ADA compliance alerts mean and how to quickly repair those issues. Many school communications officials are overwhelmed by the compliance issues as it is, so it would be helpful to target a training for the most specific needs.

The site is helping me to find broken links, misspellings and also repair ADA compliance issues that school districts are now required to fulfill. It allows me to create a more professional site that will not have technical glitches such as 404s and misspellings lower my district's credibility.

Siteimprove review by Keith P.
Keith P.

"Siteimprove makes web site QA very easy for multiple sites"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is the dashboard which allows you to quickly access the various QA sections (broken links, misspells, etc.) for multiple sites. We have eight sites being monitored, so it is nice to have a one-stop-shop entry point.

What do you dislike?

Still getting used to the new interface and statistics dials. The new UI certainly looks better than the old one, but I feel like I need to click a bit more than I used to in order to get to where I want to go. Perhaps, it is just a matter of getting used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support team is great and fast, so definitely use them if and when you need help. Along with solving problems, they also help you discover other parts of the platform that might be of additional help/use. When addressing the Section 508 errors, the platform does a nice job of separating the A/AA/AAA issues so that you can focus on the most critical issues first. Last bit of advice is set things up so that the individual site owners get reports so that they can self-serve fix as much of their problems as they can, saving you (the admin) some time!

In the world of international development, sites are going down and/or changing content all of the time which results in broken links. The members of my company that contribute content to their project web sites do not always spell-check their work, so Siteimprove is great in that it provides a periodic report on what is broken so that it can be quickly fixed so that we look professional.

Siteimprove review by Vanessa S.
Vanessa S.

"Siteimprove helped perfect the company's website with a breeze!"

What do you like best?

The Quality Assurance feature is what I found most useful in cleaning out broken links, improving readability, and overall polishing our website. I also found the SEO layout is very easy to use in comparison to other layouts.

What do you dislike?

It takes a few minutes for reports and sweeps to load. However this is understandable as we had many pages to cover and check. There's not much bad I would say really! Site improve is a great expense for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advatage of ALL of their features! They have so much to offer that is all easy to use, and in one place!

People are able to access useful information on the website much quicker than before. It takes less clicks for them to get where they need to be!

Siteimprove review by Ally H.
Ally H.

"Helpful & Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

I really love the Siteimprove Chrome plugin. I'm able to run a simple ADA compliance scan quickly. But what we use most are the weekly reporters we're able to pull from our Siteimprove profile. We're able to monitor all 15 of our sites easily and see what needs to be updated.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I'd change! I have been able to do everything I need to do with the system thus far.

As a state law, our public schools need to be ADA accessible for our consumers. Siteimprove tells us what, exactly, needs to be changed our sites to be in compliance. It allows us to go in and see the compliance levels (A, AA, AAA) and where our site currently ranks!

Siteimprove review by Ben M.
Ben M.

"Great service, awesome UI, but can get pricey"

What do you like best?

The service works great. We used it mostly for WCAG compliance testing and recommendations, and it is by far the best and most helpful service we found. The service will scan your entire site in one go and produce a report of every accessibility issue present, and what it recommends for fixing.

What do you dislike?

The cost is prohibitive, many people won't be able to afford SiteImprove. Trying to re-run a scan of a site after making some fixes can be a slow process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can afford it, and if accessibility (or accessibility compliance) is important for your site, then SiteImprove might just be the best option around.

We have used SiteImprove on multiple websites to guide our path toward WCAG compliance.

Siteimprove review by John G.
John G.

"Not the cheapest, but it's the best"

What do you like best?

Put simply, the UX for the this product is spot on. While there are excellent videos for training, the training I give users goes something like this. Click hear on quality assurance to see broken links, and mis-spellings. Click on Accessibility to see if you're in compliance with WCAG, and if you need to search for something on the site content or code wise we can talk about policies.

What do you dislike?

It's an amazing product, and customer service has been great, however those advantages come with a clear cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are some competitors that come close to matching the feature-set of this product at a considerably cheaper price. If you're starting from scratch from a product standpoint you should consider those, however once you've used this interface it's a clear step back in UX to use a different product. If you have users that will need a lot of training, try to factor in that this product will save you a lot of training time.

From a content editor standpoint, it improves the user experience of the site. From a compliance standpoint we've minimized our risk by working towards better WCAG / 508 compliance. From a web manger standpoint we've gained the ability to maintain cleaner code by scanning the site for depreciated HTML / CSS. And from a marketing standpoint we're starting to dive more into the SEO aspects but haven't quite had the time.

Siteimprove review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"Simple Interface, New features added periodically"

What do you like best?

This tool has a future. Siteimprove thinks what a customer need. We had an old IBM Policy Tester and replaced with this tool. This tool does way more than old tool. Digital Certainty Index, Broken links, misspellings, policies, SEO, Accessibility (missing header, alt tag)... OMG !! way more features. Best part I like, this tool tells you website's Readability like a student of what grade can read your site. How cool is that !! Customer support is great. Immediate response. Business partner is great. Frequently touch-base and seek improvements. Recently added GDPR module and exploring more.

What do you dislike?

We are using a module called 'Response' that pings website based on the frequency we set up. That is something not as matured as other products in the market. It does not have monitoring from different regions of the world. Seems always pings out of EU region. So when my US server goes down, no alerts, but as soon as EU server goes down I see alerts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely headed in right direction.

Even though website is live, up and running I see alerts when our EU server goes down. Tried contacting customer support couple times regarding false alerts on EU server but no luck. As a work around I pause monitoring while we restart EU server. Apart from this no other feature I have problem with.

Siteimprove review by Jeff H.
Jeff H.

"Full Featured Product for All Your Web Sites"

What do you like best?

There are a number of features that I really like about the software:

1) ADA accessibility check - The software compares your site against the latest specs outlined in the W3C guidelines. It will point out areas where you're strong and areas where you need improvement. In the end, the software will give you a score that you can work to improve. One of the really nice things is that the software gives you recommendations about what changes to make to improve your score fastest.

2) Content checks - The software scans your site and will report on everything from possible typos to the readability of every page.

3) Asset inventory - The software tells you how many assets you have on a page or in the overall site. It's great to find orphan files.

4) Policies - You can tell the software to check for any string you'd like. For instance, if you want all phone numbers to follow a certain structure, the software will flag phone numbers that don't follow the structure. We recently removed the word "company" from our branding. We had Siteimprove flag every use of "company" in the context of our name. Then we were able to go through and correct each use.

I could go on, it's definitely full featured.

What do you dislike?

The application has recently gone through a redesign. The new design is much better than the old one, but it's still not phenomenal. They could cut down on the number of clicks and make the interface better. Also, in some areas, you go between the new user interface and the old user interface. That really annoying.

Ensure that we take ADA accessibility in account whenever we update the content on our site. Then it's also key to ensure our content reads well and is free of errors.

Siteimprove review by Susan C.
Susan C.

"Siteimprove will help you do it ALL!"

What do you like best?

Before Siteimprove, I had to rely on faculty, staff, and students to assist me in the spelling corrections and bad links on our pages and PDF's. Now all I do is check out my reports. The problems are given to me in an easily accessible format for easy correction. I can easily correct spelling errors and quickly resolve broken urls without spending a lot of wasted time looking for the problems. The analytics are awesome. Always more then I asked for. The support staff is always gives me above average support with a quick turnaround. This software is a no brainer. If you are handling your website alone, this software will brighten your days. If you aren't handling your website alone you'll still be amazed at the customer interface, ease of problem solving, and good looking analytics available for use in solving traffic issues and charts for your next board meeting. I love it! Thanks Sitemason! Your Rock!!!

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I'm very pleased with this product. I would not change anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll love it!

I use it to correct all mis-spelled words on our site, correct broken links, even in PDFs, recognize unused pages for removal. Know exactly where our traffic is coming from and where they are spending most of their time. What our bounce rates are. Plus more.

"Web Content Editor"

What do you like best?

The modules that we use are easy to navigate and the information easy to interpret, which makes it our go-to tool for quality assurance. The policy tools have been a great benefit.

What do you dislike?

From time to time, the policies don't seem to refresh after the site is re-crawled, whether the weekly or upon demand re-crawling. The results are questionable in this case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Siteimprove continues to grow and improve. It offers so much in function, easy of use and the support team is fabulous. It's amazing and a true time-saver.

I use it for many different functions: branding updates, SEO optimization, web accessibility, quality assurance, especially link and spell checking.,It is very easy to update registration changes and implement site-wide. SEO is always an ongoing challenge and we've used it to identity areas for improvement. Web accessibility is one of our 2018 initiatives and we've used the tool to benchmark our success.,

Siteimprove review by Administrator

"Siteimprove at UHV has been a learning and completely worthwhile experience."

What do you like best?

I love the dashboards, reports, and monitoring. I've used the monitoring reporting to leverage moving to the cloud. I use the accessibility dashboard to get our website in better shape to meet state and federal requirements. We use all of the technical reports to help keep our content fresh.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was more affordable for higher ed. Although this solution is cheaper than having a dedicated staff member on each of these dashboards, $20,000 is a lot to pay for higher education solutions when so many things are free. I still have yet to leverage GDPR or SEO because of costs, but reallllllly want to, I just cannot afford it. I would love if Siteimprove could also talk to Blackboard to help me with accessibility in course content. As it stands now, I'm going to have to buy another 3rd party application that works with Blackboard, and I'd love NOT to have to do that.

We are solving accessibility across campus. Although all of the other dashboards are really required in the world of websites, accessibility has seen a ton of traction with the passing of updated laws. We've been able to showcase Siteimprove across campus to also help with website accessibility. I use Siteimprove to really help get new web editors understanding the rules and reasons why we do things with relation to web governance.

Siteimprove review by Administrator

"Our site is truly improved"

What do you like best?

What don't I love about Siteimprove? My colleagues joke I should be on staff but it has seriously improved the quality and usability of our site, as well as our SEO and ability to address accessibility issues. The interface is intuitive and there are a number of tools to help you prioritize which work should be done first and/or would have the largest impact. There are also an unlimited number of seats so it's easy to assign work to teams.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I'd like to improve is being able to add a first found on the possible misspellings. Otherwise, it's just about perfect for our needs!

The biggest issue for us was site quality - addressing 404 errors and misspellings - because our site has more than 200 editors. We're also enjoying the ability to set policy and it has made addressing SEO and accessibility concerns easier - it's not just our word on the way the site should work, we have Siteimprove to back us up when users ask why we are doing or changing something.

Siteimprove review by Administrator

"Easy to use tool to get lots of information"

What do you like best?

The accessibility portion of the tool clearly outlines who can fix what issue, and how to fix it. It's like a "dummy guide" to improving your website accessibility. Like that SIteimprove shows history to show how much work you've done in the tool and what your progress is. Really helpful after releases to see if something in the release negatively affected the accessibility score - so we know to fix it right away.

Also really appreciate Siteimprove technical support team, when we have specific questions they are quick to reply and assist. Siteimprove also offeres a few training materials which helps the team understand and utilize the tool better.

What do you dislike?

If you run multiple crawls at once it can slow down the whole crawling process. would like to run on multiple language versions of the same website, but since you pay per page this would drastically increase the cost to use the tool

We are using Siteimprove to improve the accessibility of our websites. It's a good guide on where the issues occur and gives helpful hints on how to fix the issue. Other benefits are under the SEO module - we typically don't use it but it's a nice to have.

Siteimprove review by Melissa S.
Melissa S.

"Site Improve offers in depth data at your fingertips"

What do you like best?

Siteimprove is very intuitive. It's easy to begin using and not intimidating to dig around in. The amount of reports and data available to help drive business decisions is, in my opinion, a good deal for the price. I have been using Site Improve for over two years and the changes I have made as a result of the tool have created tangible results.

What do you dislike?

There are times that my web developer's analytics tools (not Site Improve) do not match up with the analytics that Siteimprove provides to me. I then become stuck in the middle trying to determine whose data to use. However, the information from Siteimprove is robust enough that I fully trust it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out and ask to see their training materials. They are very robust and the team is helpful anytime I have a questions.

Our mail goal is to be available in search when potential clients are seeking out legal services. The dashboard and tools that Siteimprove provides helps me to make adjustments on a weekly basis to ensure our goals are being met. During the time I have used Siteimprove my website's overall quality assurance score has increased and is currently 15 points higher than our industry standard.

Siteimprove review by Hayley H.
Hayley H.

"User-friendly and rich data"

What do you like best?

Siteimprove is really easy to use and provides us with meaningful insights about our website. I also love that there are new releases to the product regularly (perhaps once a quarter?), so the technology is always up-to-date. Their team makes improvements and provides useful new tools. Whenever I've needed help, someone is always there to answer a question or fix a problem. Overall, it's been a great experience.

What do you dislike?

That I don't have enough time to use the tool fully. Honestly, there is so much information you can access in Siteimprove and I really feel like we've only scratched the surface. I'd love to have enough time to really dive in and see how much more we can benefit from Siteimprove's insights.

We mainly use Siteimprove for web analytics and website accessibility. Without Siteimprove, we wouldn't know if our digital marketing efforts are working or if changes to copy/content make a difference. We really use Siteimprove as a tool to make informed decisions about how to improve our website. It's been extremely valuable for us. On the ADA side, we'd honestly be lost without Siteimprove. We are not ADA experts and this tool completely breaks everything down for you.

Siteimprove review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Multifunction Governance Tool"

What do you like best?

Siteimprove offers more than just broken link checking, I've used it to also monitor up/down time, mentions of client names and watch words, set content policies, track file downloads and track specific interactions with my site.

What do you dislike?

Siteimprove charges per traffic/page count which can be cumbersome to calculate at budget time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool can be great for content policy management as well as for link checking.

We are tracking things that Google Analytics cannot track like downloads, we are tracking event triggers easier than with Google Analytics, we are watching for use of prohibited words in content, we are catching broken links in our link strategy and we are looking at other analytics as well. This has really helped us to manage a very large site across all our content to be sure we don't have objectionable content or miss out on any tracking that is complex or missing with Google Analytics.

Siteimprove review by Maggie B.
Maggie B.

"User Friendly!!"

What do you like best?

The program is super easy to use, as a non-computer person. It's as easy as clicking a few buttons to improve my score, and it becomes almost like a game. "Oh, my score went up!" is something I say at my desk quite often. My coworkers don't appreciate it.

I especially like that it rates task on a difficulty scale-- that way I'll know if I should try my hand at a fix or just send it off to IT (usually it's the latter).

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a few days for SiteImprove to catch up with what I've done to improve my page. For example, I fixed a bunch of links about a week back and they still show as "broken" on SiteImprove, for whatever reason. This could just be user error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love it! Highly Recommend.

We've fixed a ton of broken links with this software. It also has improved my computer and web service knowledge in general.

Siteimprove review by Jared S.
Jared S.

"Great For Site Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of use in getting setup, and the quick access to multiple dashboards helps get a quick overview of the site performance without having to spend much time in the platform (which is great when you're short-handed).

What do you dislike?

I wish it tied in to our CMS (expression engine and/or CraftCMS). The SEO addon could be a bit more robust. A bit more insight in the ADA tool would be helpful as well (in terms of exactly how to make certain fixes... in a PDF, for instance).

We've improved our SEO rankings, as well as our ADA standings, found typos, deployed uniform data (phone numbers, etc) using SiteImprove.

Siteimprove review by Dave G.
Dave G.

"Excellent tool for quality control on large website"

What do you like best?

Thoroughness of the tool, ability to create custom rules and criteria, and the ability to segment sections of the site for certain folks to work on. The A.D.A. checker tool is excellent and helped us majorly improve the accessibility of our website.

What do you dislike?

We did not find the analytics package as useful as we originally expected. After a year of using the analytics portion we went back to a more basic subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a worthwhile investment if you have the time to implement the suggested improvements/fixes.

Quality control and brand compliance on a large website. Identifying and reducing the risks from content that doesn't meet A.D.A. guidelines.

Siteimprove review by Monta M.
Monta M.

"How my life changed after SiteImprove"

What do you like best?

There's so much to love... we got it to check for broken links and misspelled words (how many ways can the word university be spelled?). Then we discovered Accessibility and SEO. Our boss now uses the SiteImprove analytics, and doesn't even go to Google anymore!

What do you dislike?

It's very costly. We couldn't afford the SEO beyond what is available as part of the standard options.

One of the biggest problems that SiteImprove helps with is our distributed content model. We let SMEs (subject matter experts) create content. With SiteImprove we can keep an eye on their content (using link checker, spell checker, policies, SEO and accessibility).

The Accessibility tools are also a huge thing for us. As a university, we have to be accessible or risk loosing federal funding -- and a university without financial aid options isn't a university for very long!

Siteimprove review by Andy G.
Andy G.

"You only know what you know, until you get SiteImprove "

What do you like best?

From simple broken links and misspellings to more complicated accessibility issues and SEO shortcomings, I've relied on SiteImprove at three different organizations. Every organization thought their site was in good shape, until the results of the first scan came back.

Now, I look forward to my weekly reports and, for a property which hovers around 10,000 pages with hundreds of updates per week from a small web team, there's never a lack of items to address each and every week that we would never know were issues otherwise.

What do you dislike?

From top to bottom, there honestly isn't anything I dislike about the product. It perfectly suits our QA needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're on the fence, be sure to ask for a test scan of your site. The results will likely be eye-opening.

SiteImprove is at the core of our quality assurance efforts. Our properties now have few, if any, broken links or misspellings and we're getting closer to full WCAG 2.0 compliance with each passing code deploy.

Siteimprove review by Kathleen R.
Kathleen R.

"Our School District is new to Site Improve but so far I have been very happy with it!"

What do you like best?

Maybe I just don't know what I don't know, but so far the learning curve has been pretty easy. The dashboard is easy to navigate so you don't have to spend a lot of time (and frustration) looking for things. When I do get stumped our Customer Success Manager has been very helpful and responsive in answering my questions and getting me back on track.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not found anything that I dislike or has been problematic for us.

I have cleaned up a lot of misspellings and typos and have just started working on broken links.

We also plan to use the service for website accessibility.

As a "newbie" I am still figuring out a lot of the features and functionality, so I think there may be additional applications that I have yet to discover.

Siteimprove review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Accessibility made easy!"

What do you like best?

The ability to pinpoint an accessibility issue and either act immediately within our CMS, or assign the issue to either of our vendors that assist with maintaining our multiple websites.

What do you dislike?

Really haven't found anything to dislike about the product. Sometimes annoyed at the time it does take Siteimprove to resolve our updates, but we can manage with that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to ask questions about from partners about giving Siteimprove access to your CMS admin.

We begin using Siteimprove to help us manage accessibility. Our score when we began the process was at 69%. Today we are at 87.4 and can still improve once our vendors complete updates. Don't believe we can ever achieve 100% but we will try.

We also utilize the Quality Assurance piece. Really helps with keeping up with misspelled words and broken links.

Siteimprove review by Komal P.
Komal P.

"Great tool for Accessibility"

What do you like best?

I like the way it shows accessibility issue in details. It gives all the issue & solution of the issue in details that helps to resolved issue quickly. Once the issue is fixed on any page, you can recheck the page easily.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is sometimes the issue have been fixed and still it shows an issue and when you actually go in the page it says "no more occurrence" has found.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Siteimprove is great tool to improve SEO, Quality Assurance, Accessibility.

Accessibility issue, broken links, SEO improvement

Siteimprove review by User

"Siteimprove is Very helpful, fun and engaging!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Siteimprove makes it to keep our website up to date and running smoothly!

I like how it feels like a game that I have to keep up with. They make it fun to work with.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the way support refers all questions to an article on their site, instead of interacting with their customers. Also, that there are mysterious broken links that show up on each report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best tool for improving the way your customers view your website. This tool has helped us so much and they will do the same for your company!

We are improving all of our scores and learning more about technical issues. It is a great tool to use when making slight changes to our website.

Siteimprove review by Donna D.
Donna D.

"SiteImprove saves us time and energy keeping our site in the best shape"

What do you like best?

Quality assurance (broken links, misspellings, etc.) and accessibility checks

What do you dislike?

Assigning groups and access is confusing so I'm always having to explain it.

Keeping our site in shape on the detailed levels -- links, spelling, correct office names, etc.

We have a lot of people in charge of pages on our sites. Having third party reports makes it easy for people to take the issues seriously, they aren't getting nattered at by a person, they can help fix problems themselves, and it encourages them to regularly review their pages.

Siteimprove review by Jessica B.
Jessica B.

"Siteimprove saved our district"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use through the dashboard. The customer service is fantastic also!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when talking about how to resolve an issue it is beyond a basic secretary running a website skill, and requires IT service to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For thorough website data tracking and accessibility checking, this is the product to use!

We have been working diligently with correcting our accessibility issues. We love the features of site improve taking the guessing game out of where they are located and how to fix the issues.

Siteimprove review by Steve C.
Steve C.

"Great product. Great support."

What do you like best?

Product specifics of what is being analyzed is very good. Application well planned and developed. Siteimprove gives you specifics when explaining what is an issue and how to fix it.

What do you dislike?

At times, refreshing or revisiting a single page for certain issues requires a wait time for results to return, after you have manually made changes and want to see if issues resolve or not. Mostly due to server cache content availability, but still means a wait to scan at another day.

Web site Accessibility, SEO, Quality Assurance.

"We can do this!"

What do you like best?

Siteimprove has made a first transition into accessibility do-able and not nervous-breakdown frightening! It breaks everything into categories and lists that show us things we never would have known about otherwise. They are always there to support me and never make me feel stupid for being a beginner!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am so new to this that I don't understand a lot of the terminology which makes it difficult for me to know what I can fix and what is our Website developer's responsibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

We are resolving possible legal accessibility issues as well as functional issues with Siteimprove. Our Website has become more usable as we can identify a variety of issues we may have not been aware of without it.

Siteimprove review by Chase C.
Chase C.

"Better than Google Analytics"

What do you like best?

Siteimprove is easy to use, easy to understand, and allows me to improve my agency's website to perform as best it can.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I wish it had Social Media analytics and such and you could link those to the website to give a full digital picture, but other than that I love the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it - it is WAY better than Google Analytics!

We've leveraged it to improve our website performance, content, eliminate mistakes, automate reporting, and improve our overall digital user experience.

Siteimprove review by Julie S.
Julie S.

"Great product and great reps"

What do you like best?

This is solid software. We don't have enough hands in our Comm dept (who does?) and this takes things off my plate and makes my life easier. Highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to see a discount for non-profits, but I understand their model. It's a wonderful product and I haven't found anything else on the market that does what it does so effectively.

Lots of people upload to our website. This spell-checks, link checks, and reports outages. The SEO stuff is great, as is the analytics module.

Siteimprove review by Devin H.
Devin H.

"Good but expensive"

What do you like best?

Intuitive UI. Ability to segment by groups.

What do you dislike?

Lack of functionality re: campaign traffic. More robust way of grouping by source or medium would be a good start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We need more segmenting/filtering abilities by traffic acquisition source. More dynamic way of going through internal search data. Word cloud? Potential for Siteimprove to provuide insight for what pages need to be built and optimized based on user behavior.

Easy reporting. However, Google Analytics have stepped up their game and they are free.

Siteimprove review by Fred D.
Fred D.

"Great product, always improving"

What do you like best?

Siteimprove offers multiple measurement "platforms" into one convenient easy to use system.

What do you dislike?

Some of the measurements available are a bit complicated, useful nonetheless once you are used to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Regular updates and additional tools make Siteimprove more valuable over time. We started using it for quality control but primarily use it for Analytics and Accessibility now.

Accessibility of websites, GDPR, response time, quality of content. Great to see historical views so that you can determine progress based on action.

Siteimprove review by Alissa G.
Alissa G.

"We love Siteimprove!"

What do you like best?

Siteimprove has been an amazing tool for us, specifically to track Accessibility issues and analytics. We use Siteimprove daily and it has been a huge tool for us to bring our website up to speed! Their customer service team is also top notch!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike about Siteimprove.

We've been able to correct countless Accessibility issues, have found a few typos, links that have gone bad as well as track our site analytics using Siteimprove.

Siteimprove review by Lauren S.
Lauren S.

"Makes your life easy"

What do you like best?

It helps automate processes that would be quite time consuming otherwise. The Accessibility section is incredibly helpful in making sure the site is ADA compliant and the Policy section has been a lifesaver when we changed our domain.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike right now!

We primarily use Siteimprove to help with ADA compliance, but have found it extremely helpful to not only maintain our website, but also to help improve it via the behavioral map features.

Siteimprove review by Administrator

"An excellent service with good usability"

What do you like best?

I've been with SiteImprove for long enough to see their evolution from scrappy early player to a leader in the business. They've responded to feedback and made everything right when they needed to. Their service, both their product and customer service, are great and worth every penny.

What do you dislike?

While their usability has come a LONG way from when I started with them, some of the newer products like the accessibility are as usable as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many cheaper options, but the money you save on their product will cost you time in acting upon the recommendations.

Mainly removing broken links and misspellings, but I've also used their accessibility and site monitoring services

Siteimprove review by Agency
Agency

"Great tool to help with Accessibility! Very robust software."

What do you like best?

Once I really got into it and learned how to use it I enjoyed the process. Seeing our score go up and knowing we were helping our users was a great feeling. I’ve learned so much about accessibility for my other projects now too. I also like having it linked to the cms so I can click a link make the edit or adjustment and then see if that fixed it right then and there. It gives me confidence and validation so I can show the client that we are doing what we say we are doing.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to apply decisions to a lot of individual instances at once instead of doing them one at a time. I understand why it works on a case by case basis though. There was a learning curve getting started with it.

Accessibility is the key problem we are addressing with the tool. It helped us address accessibility but it also helped educate our client on things to look out for and what makes something accessible so we can deal with that in the planning stages on future projects.

Siteimprove review by Kimbley S.
Kimbley S.

"Great product and excellent customer support"

What do you like best?

The tool is very intuitive and the reports were very easy to read. The ability to drill down inside the website to locate the issue. The assistance we received to add new Site Administrators around campus.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found a down-side yet to the product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Follow their advice on setting up this service. They are the experts.

Finding a tool that would work well on our enterprise system outside of our web content management system

Siteimprove review by User

"Site Improve is a great platform to check and ensure the the essentials of Digital Communications."

What do you like best?

I liked how Site Improve's automated platform is able to crawl the web pages and is able to detect the associated problems with those pages. It makes it easy for editors as well as developers to make the required changes in the web pages.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, Site Improve shows some page elements as problems that are not really the problems.

For example, while I worked with the i-Frames, there were some pages in the reports that were said to have problems. However, there was not. I simply had to re-check about a 100 pages simply to remove them from the reports.

I am helping to bring down our College's website under the ADA compliance. Site Improve has helped a lot to make it easy to keep track of the accessibility as well as other imperative issues associated with our website.

Thanks to SiteImprove - it has helped us a lot to save time and effort.

Siteimprove review by Robert C.
Robert C.

"Great digital marketing platform that goes way beyond SEO recommendations!"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is that the recommendations are given difficulty grades and also have an estimated benefit to your site.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to setup the Response alerts. Also, the text alerts didn't work at first and Support had to make a change on their end to fix it.

It's great to see the site problems not only listed out, but also prioritized based on their benefit to the site.

Siteimprove review by Wesley H.
Wesley H.

"Its a solid product that we have been using now for about a year. Good way to deal with WCAG issues"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and lets you recheck a page once you fix an issue. Everything is very clear and concise.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a little bit clunky and it takes hours to rescan a site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just understand that when you rescan a bunch of pages its going to take a while otherwise its a good product.

Our overall Accessibility and SEO practices have been greatly improved through the use of Site Improve.

Siteimprove review by Dawn P.
Dawn P.

"A vital part of my daily website maintenance"

What do you like best?

SiteImprove provides very detailed information on the website problems, where they are located, and how to fix them.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike so why are you making me type letters?

Recommendations to others considering the product

SiteImprove will give you deep understanding and control of your website if it is very large and otherwise a challenge to manage.

Number one issue is website accessibility. But I also like being able to check broken links, reading difficulty and syntax consistency.

Siteimprove review by Dave C.
Dave C.

"Helps keep our site compliant"

What do you like best?

We are a large district and it is difficult to see all the new pages added by our schools. Siteimprove scans our site and shows the errors so they may be fixed in a timely manor. Also it lets me point to the specific reasons things need to be done, or not need done.

What do you dislike?

We are getting several false positives on our pages. When I go there to fix an error that shows up, many times I receive an indication that there are no errors.

We are solving ADA Compliance. We have been able to keep our pages compliant and check our pages for issues before they become a problem

Administrator in Higher Education

"Most useful for Accessibility"

What do you like best?

The Accessibility issues flagging that Siteimprove has is unique and very helpful.

What do you dislike?

It seems the platform is a bit newer and that there are still some bugs being worked out. Users reflect this in their forum. Also, the SEO issues are not a major selling point for the price, as there are other software that track these like Moz, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prepare to train your users for successful adoption.

Preparing for a web redesign, so we are really diving in, across all our web teams. It has been useful allowing them to see the breadth and depth of issues, but the UI is a bit complex for your run-of-the-mill content editors.

Siteimprove review by Valerie K.
Valerie K.

"Makes managing our website easy"

What do you like best?

I like the regular reports which show any errors, misspellings, or broken links. I particularly like when the reports indicate there are ZERO of those errors! I like that it integrates with our website software.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything. I look forward to continued improvements with integration with our website provider.

Providing a professional website to our constituents. Reducing errors. Reduced time to correct errors because it integrates with our website.

Siteimprove review by Karie T.
Karie T.

"Siteimprove"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and gives me all the data I need to understand my website analytics.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's a bit overwhelming. There is a lot of data and I only use a small amount of it. However, I'm glad it's there if I need it.

I use Siteimprove to find out which pages and content are most popular and also, to assist in finding typos and grammar issues.

Siteimprove review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Siteimprove for Accessibility and Quality Assurance"

What do you like best?

Due to the large number of content contributors that we have, Siteimprove is critical to our quality and accessibility efforts. I know of no other tool that provides the features we require that is designed to work so well with the distributed team that we have.

What do you dislike?

I don't appreciate the in-dashboard menu items for products that we haven't purchased such as Analytics, and SEO. This is confusing for our end users. I would also like to see more transparency in the product roadmap.

Originally purchased for QA and broken link reporting, however Siteimprove has been invaluable in helping us understand, address and report on accessibility efforts.

Siteimprove review by Jennifer N. S.
Jennifer N. S.

"Best for Website Audits"

What do you like best?

508 and readability statistics are easy to understand and easy to identify with errors; I love that when I can’t get the training videos to work or have technical issues, I call their number and get a person directly with no wait time, I love their email response timeline too! A great business with great and useful visitor tracking analytics as well as international capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Filters are difficult to navigate, sometimes the training videos don’t work or don’t cover the question, had to google to find phone number.

One phone call to SI answers my question; quick fixes to our site; easily identifies issues.

Siteimprove review by Ken S.
Ken S.

"Excellent Choice for Higher Education Websites"

What do you like best?

I like the weekly status reports, the ability to segment the site into groups and delegate tasks to other users.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface is clunky and non-intuitive. Sometimes it is difficult to change user permissions and roles.

It really frees me up for other tasks. I can assign Quality Assurance tasks to my content managers to make sure the site is running as optimally as possible.

Siteimprove review by Jeff S.
Jeff S.

"Invaluable Website Tool"

What do you like best?

Very good organization and functionality. Good UI all around. A ton of features that are continually being added to and improved upon.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes accessibility issues will still show up even after you've fixed them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can be pricey for larger sites, but we've found the price tag to be worth it.

We've eliminated misspellings and broken links and the tool has been instrumental in addressing accessibility issues.

Siteimprove review by Administrator

"Helps maintain a professional impression"

What do you like best?

I like the spell check and the link check the best. It helps us stay on top of embarrassing mistakes that can easily and quickly be fixed so that our website always appears professional.

What do you dislike?

It is not easy to understand what I (a non-tech person) can do to maintain accessibility for visually impaired readers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a simple and easy way to make sure your website is in compliance with regulations.

We are trying to communicate with parents and community members in a professional way. There used to be complaints about teachers misspelling words, but now the criticisms have stopped.

Siteimprove review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"Our weekly insurance plan"

What do you like best?

Siteimprove allows us to monitor the status of RISD's most important websites from a single, convenient Quality Assurance dashboard. Our weekly review of Siteimprove has become a critical part of our governance process and ensures that our content is standardized and free of typos and broken links.

What do you dislike?

We tend not to take the scoring too seriously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with one site and go deep before adding other sites

General weekly QA is big — the small details matter! Lately we've been taking more advantage of the accessibility tools. These help us optimize less immediately visible aspects of our content structure.

Siteimprove review by Alissa G.
Alissa G.

"Please customer still learning about the product"

What do you like best?

The in depth journey, behaviors and analytic information I can gather.

What do you dislike?

The user experience with report set-up and management

We are able to re-prioritize things based off of the information we know about our website. Where we need to spend the most time, make improvements, etc. vs. areas that we have spent a great deal of time on in the past.

Siteimprove review by Administrator

"Siteimprove has improved our sites from day one."

What do you like best?

The QA dashboard enables me to drill-down to the quick fixes that are most noticeable to our site visitors - broken links, misspellings, bad phone numbers and email addresses. These are things which stick out when not working correctly.

What do you dislike?

Having to wait 5 days between routine scans. I know I can manually run a scan, but I like coming in and seeing the report in my inbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have them run a demo on your site - it was eye-opening for us.

Has increased our SEO rankings and accessibility awareness. Has also helped in the governance of our site.

Siteimprove review by Jacqueline M.
Jacqueline M.

"Necessary for large sites"

What do you like best?

I had no say in the decision making process, nor have I used another similar product.

What do you dislike?

UI can be cumbersome at times, often items are repeated in a list causing some confusions upon fast glances

I realize that there is no way someone can keep up with misspellings, broken links, and accessibility issues on a 6K+ site network

Siteimprove review by Carly F.
Carly F.

"Love it, makes life easier"

What do you like best?

It takes a lot of the manual work out of the day-to-day web management.

What do you dislike?

Some of the things I don't know I can do, or am unaware of how to do it the most simply. I know it's possible, but not sure how to do it best.

Quality assurance, and best practices for the web

Siteimprove review by Administrator

"Where have you been all my life?"

What do you like best?

One tool to check all the things, plus great support

What do you dislike?

All the things can be kind of a lot. What I mean is that the volume of information you'll discover in your reports will need to be organized and prioritized, and you'll want to prepare your team so they don't get overwhelmed.

The draw was a having a tool that could check accessibility on large, complex sites. We've been able to better organize our accessibility checks. The broken links and spell checks are a huge asset. Siteimprove is a very rich, aptly-named resource.

Siteimprove review by Daniel W.
Daniel W.

"Great tool!"

What do you like best?

It allows you to drill down and see individual issues on a specific page. We have used the spelling and broken links features in particular and really like how those provide "quick wins" for the team!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that we really dislike, maybe the crawler could give us more features to see and review.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its an extremely useful tool and has helped us in significant ways aside from Accessibility, which is the reason we purchased the product.

Accessibility, we've found the SEO and QA tools to be extremely helpful as well.

"Siteimprove Review"

What do you like best?

It really saves me time reviewing the broken links that come up either from changes in other websites or simply mistakes of my own. I also can check the spelling and other important issues for my website. When you are a one person operation, time is valuable.

What do you dislike?

Some of the false positives on broken links are sometimes which can take some of my time.

Needed additional help in discovering and correcting website issues. Specifically the time it takes to check for broken links when changes are made to the site.

Siteimprove review by Terry K.
Terry K.

"Siteimprove is awesome"

What do you like best?

Siteimprove is very good at identifying opportunities to improve our website quality. From broken links to misspellings, it not only improves our site quality but also our SEO performance.

What do you dislike?

No compliants. Compared to other services we use, they perform very well

Overall website quality, search engine optimization and improving out website accessibility compliance.

Siteimprove review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"The Name Says it All"

What do you like best?

Detailed reporting of accessibility errors, spelling errors and broken links.

What do you dislike?

The Academy section, which contains training components has changed frequently, and while we appreciate the improvements, each time it has disrupted our own training efforts since we have become dependent on these tools. We need to keep our own tracking data as the three different times we have seen overhauls it has meant new classes, new certificates and usually it not especially clear how to log-in and access your classes in the academy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out free solutions like http://www.webaim.org for accessibility tools to see the benefits of a larger enterprise software like SiteImprove.

We are using SiteImprove primarily for website accessibility compliance and testing and secondarily for quality assurance, such as spelling errors, broken links, etc.

Siteimprove review by Administrator

"Site Improve's Great Service"

What do you like best?

Site Improve offered great support for the product they have. They worked with my schedule for phone calls and web meetings, in addition to prompt responses via emails. Great customer service.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike, sometimes the web interface for the tools can be a little confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Site Improve offers great tools and tests for checking a website for faults, errors, and accessibility issues.

Site Improve was great at helping us improve our website, address the faults and issues we had, and helped us become more accessible.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Find and fix issues with website accesibility, usability"

What do you like best?

SiteImprove has an extremely intuitive interface that makes it easy to understand the problems reported and fix them directly in the CMS. It's also quite easy to setup custom filters to find and address issues related specifically to your organization.

What do you dislike?

Price is a little steep, but very much worth it for the maturity of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer support team makes training available and is quick to respond to questions and requests. During implementation, the service rep took the entire list of sites and added to the system. When we had a second batch of sites to upload, he did the same. Sites typically take a few days to integrate into the system and produce a report, but it is all handled by the service representative.

The system will also identify issues and produce easy to use reports that show progress over time, which is possibly one of the most helpful features of all, particularly when it relates to accessibility issues.

Website usability, accessibility, misspelled words and outdated terms

Siteimprove review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"ADA Website Auditor"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite things to use is the page report view. I like that I can keep viewing the same site and it's Quality Assurance, Accessibility, and Policy without losing the page I’m on

What do you dislike?

At times I have a feeling that there's way too many ways to digest data and I get overwhelmed

Our company's driving motives for purchasing Siteimprove was accessibly. I feel like the tool has been able to direct me better as to what and how to go about tackling issues.

"Actionable insights fast"

What do you like best?

The QA module is where we find the most value. I like the process of being able to define a set of web pages by Group, seeing which pages have errors, easily linking to them in our CMS for correction.

What do you dislike?

I have not found any aspect of the system I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial the product and see if it meets your needs. It is simple enough to get started.

We are able to keep our website more highly accessible, with fewer broken links and misspellings.

Siteimprove review by Howard S.
Howard S.

"Siteimprove's guidance to accessibility compliance. "

What do you like best?

The breadth of Siteimprove's testing and reporting capabilities, and how fixes are suggested based on the tests.

What do you dislike?

There are some fixed issues Siteimprove doesn't seem to see during the site-crawl.

We are becoming more and more accessible, as well as increasing our quality assurance.

Siteimprove review by Administrator

"Excellent tool for keeping on top of site maintenance"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to find and fix broken links and misspellings using Siteimprove. If you know a page url is going to change, you can find any other pages on your site that link to the current url so that you know where you need to make your updates *before* broken internal links happen.

What do you dislike?

I wish when you are looking at the Accessibility "Issues" list, that you could rank the listings within the individual issues from the date first detected in the same way that you can do for broken links.

We have improved our site accessibility greatly with the product, and are creating an overall friendlier interactive experience for all our users.

Siteimprove review by Jamie H.
Jamie H.

"A great tool for website management"

What do you like best?

User-friendly interface, progress tracking, good customer service

What do you dislike?

Hard to say anything I don't like...cost is a bit high but I think it's worth it!

Website accessibility, website redesign, website errors. SiteImprove has been useful in all these endeavors, providing easy-to-understand data.

Siteimprove review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"My experience with Sitemprove has been amazing."

What do you like best?

The website and tools work as I would expect, it all makes sense. The site is designed wonderfully making it easy to use and to train others on. The support staff is very responsive and has a great ticketing system. I seriously wish more software applications that I use were carefully thought out and presented like the Siteimprove tool. When I have run into what I thought would be a limitation of their tool, their support team had an answer and built in a policy for us. I was blown away.

What do you dislike?

I have not come across something I dislike about Siteimprove. This survey is very hard to read as i type in a chrome browser. Does that count? I do not like this form that I am typing into.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it!

The business problem we initially set out to solve was broken links on our site. The benefits of this product have gone above and beyond broken links. I have been able to easily pull reports for all of our documents when I needed to do a logo swap. This came in handy for a checklist to make sure we replaced the logo. Setting up Policies has been extremely valuable when building a new site in a dev environment. I had set up over 30 policies to check for things such as phone number format, content that should not be on our site, incorrect direct URL's, time formats, proper naming convention for our locations and much more.

Siteimprove review by Administrator

"Using Siteimprove for quality assurance purposes"

What do you like best?

The best is that I can easily use Siteimprove features to maintain high quality of websites. This would not be possible at all without the system quality assurance functionality.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to track down where some broken links are located and some false positive instances can occur.

Main business problem is to keep websites at high quality and reliability. Checking links manually is not feasible so automated quality assurance feature is very useful and necessary.

Siteimprove review by Charlena D.
Charlena D.

"Q and A"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the team is fast and friendly when responding to client issues.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are not many option to fix Google Sites website issues.

SEO and Accessibility issues with organizational websites.

Siteimprove review by Mathew U.
Mathew U.

"Siteimprove is a clear choice for distributed web management models."

What do you like best?

Siteimprove has allowed us to put the control and accountability for web quality assurance, accessibility compliance and general relevance management back into the hands of our distributed web management community. Minimal training (as little as half an hour over the phones) is required to get immediate value from the tool, but there's more than enough depth of functionality to keep an interested web manager delving and discovering for days.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to dislike here - sure it doesn't do everything that 5 other, separate, top-of-the-line analytics packages can do if all used together....but Siteimprove delivers the majority of what you need in the most user-friendly package we have yet seen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Folks, it's cheap enough that you ccan run it as a single year pilot, and get as many people exposed as you can. After a year, each and every one of those users will be a vocal advocate for it's continued use in your organisation. Trust me.

We had a large (300+) distributed web management and authorship community, but only a tiny web analytics team to support them. Our site was suffering from a multitude of broken links, grammatical/spelling errors, and an increasing number of out-dated or irrelevant pages. We needed a way to give visibility of these issues to the people responsible for fixing them. We also needed a way for them to 'fence off' their own areas of accountability during reporting, so they could accurately get a picture of the current state, and visible signs of progress to the goal state. Siteimprove allowed us to do that.

Siteimprove review by User

"Siteimprove for Higher Education"

What do you like best?

I like that you can categorize your issues. Everything is able to be put into folders to separate different parts of the website.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it does not tell you what you just completed. The wait period disrupts the flow of work at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend having check mark boxes available to check when completed specific task.

We are solving many business problems across the board. One of the main issues is accessibility.

Siteimprove review by Executive Sponsor in Financial Services
Executive Sponsor in Financial Services

"Good value"

What do you like best?

Siteimprove is consistently scanning site - providing feedback on errors and suggestions to improve. Also enjoy seeing the industry benchmark scores so I know which particular areas need work.

What do you dislike?

Not too much to dislike, I guess if I had to pick something - seems sometimes that the "ignore" error feature doesn't always stick.

Biggest benefit has been capturing errors - right sizing content for our site and generally improving sites quality across the board.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Site Improve is ESSENTIAL for anyone with a site that has more than 20 pages"

What do you like best?

I can make sure that the quality of work being done by multiple content editors is free from errors.

What do you dislike?

Not much, this is one of the very best tools I have ever used. #NoJoke!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It provides an invaluable piece of mind for anyone responsible for the content of a website of any significant size.

We can make sure we are ADA compliant, we can help our SEO efforts, we can Q/A our content editors.

Siteimprove review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Great tool, but a lot of work "

What do you like best?

Analytics tools. Siteimprove make analytics easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

The number of manual reviews you have to do. They should make this easier and a consultant should go through one page of ADA reviews to make it understandable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although you could make a full-time job out of this product alone it is worth it, just fix a little every day, and it can track your progress.

SEO, ADA compliance, And Tracking.

Siteimprove review by Chris W.
Chris W.

"An essential tool for website accessibility, link checking and more"

What do you like best?

The accessibility features are second to none. Siteimprove helped us to actually exceed requirements on the University of Ontario Institute of Technology websites. They have very helpful staff who are quick to answer questions and provide support when needed. The tool extends well beyond accessibility and also does website monitoring, link checking, Search Engine Optimization and even checks the language on your site for content governance.

What do you dislike?

The only negative aspect of Siteimprove is the inability to add or remove your own websites from the scans. You have to email support for that. This also gives them the opportunity to help with issues, but I would prefer to do it myself.

University websites in Ontario are required to meet the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), which is currently WCAG A. We are happily meeting WCAG AA requirements thanks to Siteimprove.

Siteimprove review by Administrator

"High Value website compliance solution"

What do you like best?

I love the automation of finding issues such as broken links, spelling and compliance problems.

What do you dislike?

Support is not always the most responsive and it sometimes takes a while to get things resolved. However, the value of the tool is worth it in spite of the frustration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you allocate administrative resources to the setup and on-going administration

Automating administration of website best practices and WCAG compliance

Siteimprove review by Sheryl C.
Sheryl C.

"Resource for analytics and content quality checks"

What do you like best?

The ability to integrate with our content management system in one easy click. Currently we use OmniUpdate and the integration is helpful.

What do you dislike?

Lack of real-time refresh to see content improvement and score recalculations. It is difficult to wait days to determine if your fix resolved and issue.

Meeting accessibility needs and improving SEO through systematic manageable content providing visibility to errors through success tools.