Do you work for Sizmek?

1-50 of 259 total Sizmek reviews

Sizmek Reviews

1-50 of 259 total Sizmek reviews
Sizmek review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"An efficient way to track your ads"

What do you like best?

Sizmek has easy to use reporting that allows you to track how your ads are performing. Multiple campaign managers that I have worked with have no problem working with them, even if they are new to the platform. We also love using the reach frequency tool when we run with multiple digital partners, helping us get valuable insight into how well we diversified our partners and targeting. They also have a team of very helpful service reps who are more than happy to answer our phone calls and help when something goes awry.

What do you dislike?

Sizmek does not track in real time and that sometimes effects how we are able to hold partners accountable who are running our ads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sizmek has a great team of very responsive individuals who have helped us in a time crunch. They also have a big team so even if it is after hours in one office, they will pass along a project to an overnight team to ensure that you can get done what you need to for your campaign.

Sizmek helps us hold all partners accountable for delivering on the number of impressions promised and allow us to bill off of these 3rd party numbers.

Sizmek review by Agency

"Company without direction and poor execution in product"

What do you like best?

Sizmeks DSP was known for it's performance as the legacy Rocketfuel DSP. More information has recently come out that shows that Sizmek was pooling user data across different clients in order to improve performance. While the DSP performance is undeniable, the algorithms being used by the company are suspect and a complete blackbox.

What do you dislike?

The company stresses transparency but fails to actually provide that to their clients. Since the DSP was widely known as set it and forget it you're completely relying on the algorithms to drive performance. The customer support team offers very little besides offshore support and it feels like dollars spend doesn't matter to the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

there are infinitely other companies that provide better solutions than Sizmek with the same product set.

Sizmek's Ad server and DSP can be combined to compete with google in theory, but the lack of support from their teams makes it questionable as to what competitive advantage they have over a bigger and more reliable company like google.

Sizmek review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Might Be a Good DSP, But Search Integration is Bad"

What do you like best?

I like that Sizmek has a feature called Search Connect to link Google and Bing accounts in order to gain Sizmek conversion reports for Search, but it is far from perfect.

What do you dislike?

Support took MONTHS to respond to my questions about Sizmek Search Connect's compatibility with Google's new parallel tracking and it took weeks after that to diagnose why their click trackers were getting our Google keywords disapproved. I even tried to ask them if my Google Display campaigns were tracked at all, and they couldn't answer the question. I finally gave up on trying to re-word the question for them and no one ever followed up with me on the support ticket.

Lastly, they don't care to find a work around for Safari's ITP 2.0 so they do not accurately tracking conversions from users using Safari (about 20% of searches). Meanwhile, other platforms like Google, have created work arounds to help improve conversion accuracy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Sizmek or are planning on it, don't integrate your search campaigns. It's not worth the hassle and there are much better platforms out their like Google Search Ads 360 (formerly DoubleClick Search).

None for me, but I don't use the DSP size of the platform.

Sizmek review by Dustin F.
Media Buyer

"Sizmek Review"

What do you like best?

I can upload very large amounts of OTA creative assets in bulk. Sizmek really cuts down on my trafficking time!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes their are glitches in Sizmek, or delays when I add line items to Placements, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to cut down on your time spent trafficking OTA assets, billing, and reporting, I HIGHLY recommend Sizmek!

Trafficking large amounts of banners to multiple OTA services. It saves a huge amount of time, and we are able to speed up billing, reporting, and analytics. Many departments at our agency benefit from it, not just media.

Sizmek review by User in Entertainment

"Good Ad Server, but Needs some Major Fixes"

What do you like best?

We love the scale of Sizmek. For our agency, we need a workhorse to run hundreds of ads across clients throughout the week. Sizmek lets us do that at scale. In addition, we like the ability to quickly generate retargeting and conversion pixels for clients who need their direct response campaigns fast.

What do you dislike?

I have two complaints, the constant "drops" in access and the customer service. Often (as in at least once per week) we can't access Sizmek because it's down. This stops all of our work in its tracks. Secondly, their customer management teams are little better than a help site. More often than not our questions are met with "maybe" or "not sure".

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation for others considering Sizmek is to truly consider if they need the scale Sizmek provides. If scale is not a major need, than I would recommend another ad server provider. With their constantly down system and poor customer service, I can't recommend them strongly.

We use Sizmek to ad serve our campaigns at a large scale. In addition, we use Sizmek to track conversions, conversion revenue and basic metrics include clicks, impressions, CTR etc. for our campaigns. Our clients are predominantly direct response based, sales driven organizations so being able to generate and place pixels and track results with confidence is very important to us.

Sizmek review by Ashwin M.
Marketing Co-op
Management Consulting

"Useful tool for strategy development and marketing analytics"

What do you like best?

I like how the application integrates many streams of customer interaction into one software and presents it in a logical way where the analytics can be interpreted for future planning.

What do you dislike?

Don't like how complicated some of the features can be and the lack of a tutorial/ lack of support from the team. Extremely hard to work with sometimes. Additionally, some of the information requested from our campaigns were missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you need the services which they specialize in (mobile/video advertising is their specialty I think)

It helps identify the customer and provides data on certain aspects of your service/ product offered.

Sizmek review by Amanda M.
Digital Campaign Manager

"Good Platform That Needs Some Work"

What do you like best?

I like that there are so many different platforms and vendors you can choose from

What do you dislike?

It is not as user friendly as it should be. There are many areas where it takes a bit of extra work to do something that would easily enough be done with the click of a button.

Although I no longer use Sizmek, I found that it really helped that you were able to get all of your information in the same place, rather than having to request it back from so many different vendors who have their own schedules of sending things back your way.

Sizmek review by Jeremy W.
Trading Manager

"Sizmek Multichannel Setup"

What do you like best?

It's ability to link up smoothly and effectively cross platforms, regardless of the platform type and produce and last touch attribution model to improve our cost efficiency

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a little heavy, feel it is in need of an update to provide a more user friendly, visually pleasing experience

Little problems, if anything, slow consolidation of data but benefits far outweigh cons - ad serving brain that serves and analyses multiple channels in one centralised location

Sizmek review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"User-Friendly Display/Video Tracking, Analytics and Trafficking Platform"

What do you like best?

Sizmek is fairly intuitive and the platform itself contains a lot of prompts to explain each element/lever you can interact with. The analytics platform is easy to understand and makes automating reporting for both internal and external parties simple. The trafficking and campaign management section of the platform is also streamlined and allows for a lot of granularity in how you set up your campaigns without overcomplicating the process.

What do you dislike?

The interface look is outdated and you aren't able to do a of the execution online (i.e. instead you are pulling exports of plans, editing then reuploading instead of changing/editing within the platform).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend learning how to use Sizmek on the newest release of the platform vs. Sizmek MDX. Our team learned on MDX and have found it hard to switch all of our campaigns over to the new platform simply because we typically run engagements with clients that run for years rather than one-off projects or campaigns. I also recommend meeting in person with your sales rep - we get a great level of support from both the Online Team and our rep.

We use Sizmek for trafficking ads, analyzing campaigns and tracking conversions for our clients. We've been able to pitch and run big campaigns with a relatively small team because of the easy of use of the platform and support from the Sizmek team.

Sizmek review by Connie H.
Media Buying & Planning Associate

"Intuitive platform, good customer service"

What do you like best?

it's pretty easy to use from an ad serving standpoint, with functionality being intuitive, a lot of great reporting features, and i can always rely on our customer success rep to get back to me with help/answers in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

it can be a little tedious to set up campaigns

i use sizmek as an ad server, and it's saved a lot of time and avoided confusion with trafficking and flighting ad creative because i can do it all in the platform and send tags off to partners instead of having to constantly monitoring several different partners at once.

Sizmek review by Jose M.
Senior Interface Developer

"Sizmek, reacting late to the HTML5 panic"

What do you like best?

I'm a software developer that builds ads for HTML5.

I like the ide that you can upload independent HTML5 projects you optimize and maintain on your own (beside the hacks and workarounds, my team of Developers has had to upload working assets to the platform, this is issued in the dislikes with detail).

I like your CDNs, I'm happy you offer updated Javascript libraries for ads, including Adobe edge, Neat, is great to take those 100k off your ads.. There should be a page in the platform or in your docs with the URLs and versions.

What do you dislike?

I strongly dislike the HTML5 creator abilities to manage files and locate creative assets precisely where you want them, it makes asset directory management painful and annoying, and discourages usage of the platform built in creator.

Creator custom controls are quite stiff for customization.

All platform features lots of 1990s web techniques like opening dialog windows, and actually I think the whole platform needs overhauling to even make it available in mobile platforms. (considering we can abandon Flash).

But some steps towards a compliant HTML5 Layout could be done so even in desktop all things look less like a Flex RIA (so 2000s) :)

GoogleWebDesigner and Adobe Edge support is niceIt supports GWD and Adobe Edge Creatives, and has notoriously outdated Documentation to implement EB classes on both.

1. PDFs? Really? Host a web page so is easier to update to current application version and platform standards!

2. Links to EB loader downloaded an old version of EBLoader.js and GWD directions state this: do not publish, how would you recommend that? If you don't publish your CSS will only have -webkit vendor prefixes, and the add would only work in webkit.. Absurd!

3. Adobe Edge Is a great animation tool, but your documentation points to old EBLoader.js in the PDF had to be updated with the Loader on Showcase Templates.

Creative Asset Manager.

I dislike the arbitrary requirements to upload assets, like a script call to EBLoader, or sniffing JS for EB.clickthrough action length (it has bugs and rejects completely functional minified javascript), discouraging code optimizations (minification) for ads is obscurantist, when it would decrease the load on server requests, These type of blocking controls obstruct a flow where you only want to upload assets.

The platform should not be checking for Javascript compliance in a more discrete way, within the ad preview iframe and the inspect panels the platform already provides and should not let you publish the ad (that's the blocker) until problems are addressed.Asset manager works great in some scenarios; remembers where you left of, lets you replace folders with zip files; but looks a bit antiquated for a file manager of this decade. The window options panels: familiar windows XP chrome.Documentation is scattered all over the and full of vestiges.

Platform home screen is unhelpful for HTML5 ad creation should have a more clear and visible way to instruct developers their options. A starter Kit, sort of documentation, as in other common web API documentations, including all the possible scenarios (Custom Built ads, Adobe Edge, GWD and Platform HTML5 Creator, etc).

Showcase Standard and Rich Media templates could be an open sourced github group set of repositories that include all scaffolding to deploy optimized assets directories. I build one for our team using gulp, gulp build task creates zip files ready for deployment in seconds. You can use either Browserify, gulp or webpack, whatever the masses like the most.

Search should remember what users search the most and show it, as developers, my team searches for ads most of the time. Other users (campaign managers) will search for campaigns mostly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They need to work towards, as much as other competing platforms, making this a modern way to do advertisement.

Either by improving the WYSIWYG, and renewing platform UX and workflow for custom ad units.

Is full of arbitrary and rather antiquated functionality, when things could be a lot simpler.

Other than having to work with something that makes me feel like a productive part of the process.

This platform needs a lot of overhauling to make things work like they are in this decade (or century?).

Sizmek review by Alanna C.
Senior Campaign Process Management Exec.

"Most efficient UI I've worked on; slightly slow processing speed though"

What do you like best?

The UI is generally more efficient than other ad-servers I have experience with. You can accomplish most trafficking tasks with very few clicks. I think the best feature is being able to edit things like placement, site and click-through url in-line, which speeds up the process a lot in comparison with Google software, where you have to click into each placement/ad to make most amendments. Being able to change the site after the placement has been created is great, as is being able to delete placements rather than just archive them.

The Testing Mode feature in Conversion tagging is great - if you visit a url with a conversion tag on you get a pop-up telling you the name of the tag. This saves SO much time, I don't know any other adserver with this function.

What do you dislike?

The adserver has an unusually slow processing speed; however I'm told this will be improved once the new UI is rolled out. Un-assigning ads is a laborious process because you have to make sure all live placements have at least one published ad assigned to them at all times; so you have to swap in a new ad, publish it, and then go back to un-assign the original.

Tag auditing client's websites is made much easier with the testing mode pop-up function for conversion tags

Sizmek review by Tyran D.
Media Specialist

"Sizmek and their unbelievable service"

What do you like best?

The efficiency - that time of day when its after hours and you need advice and need to launch a campaign the staff are always there to support and are friendly and highly efficient (Lauren Rossouw and Kerryn Kiely), this also covers the time lag to get campaigns up less work on nitty gritty admin and more focus on optimisation.

Also transparency and tools that help measure campaign performance best.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to say here... however I could highlight that perhaps some training and understanding the platform may help most media buyers using the platform. Training sessions and more frequent visits may help (not that this isn't already being done... Go Sizmek)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great platform to use but ensure you understand the granular details first... over-deliveries don't occur with a 3rd-party ad server but with publishers using the tags and its things like this that need to be understood (we over accommodate tracking cost in our media schedules to ensure that when over-serves occur we have sufficient tracking budget).

Viewability and transparent tracking has allowed us to align our marketing objectives with our campaign performance best. This helps us explain how effective our media is to client and assists us in attaining and proposing for more budgets.

Sizmek review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"easy to use, good customer service"

What do you like best?

our sizmek reps are the best. they can easily communicate how to resolve any issues, and are always quick to respond

What do you dislike?

can be a little overwhelming when you first log into the platform. there are a lot of different features, and without proper training it can be difficult to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

great tool to use to view quantitative KPIs

we can easily pull reporting on our campaigns and can view data as frequently as we like. we benefit from sizmek by being able to send daily reports to our partners, as well as being able to view our performance.

Sizmek review by Yvonne O.
Digital Producer

"Great customer service"

What do you like best?

Great tech support team. We can rely on them to problem solve any issues we have in uploading ads. The system is very intricate which means we can get down to the tiniest details for each placement.

What do you dislike?

The system is a bit slow to respond at times. The Sizmek showcase is good, but sometimes the templates are not always accurate. The other thing is when we got the Sizmek HTML5 Siffy conversion guide, there were errors in it, which caused issues with ads serving ads with non-SSL compliant code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The system can be a little slow to react, move between placements, ads etc. There is alot of clicking and publishing throughout that makes the process slower than the process used by doubleclick. Also though the delivery groups are helpful, it can also be very annoying.

We use Sizmek on a daily basis to create campaigns, and adserve our creative to various publishers. Its a very intricate system, that allows for multiple creatives, multiple rotations, and multiple URLS. It also creates detailed reporting for our Media team.

Sizmek review by Jessica E.
Sr. Integrated Media Supervisor

"Intuitive adserving"

What do you like best?

As someone who has used both Sizmek and DoubleClick, I can say that the Sizmek product is more intuitive. It does not require a high level of technical skill to use. It's easy to set up a campaign, media placements, creative delivery groups, attach the ads, update the ad urls, and send out tags to your media partners.

Customer service is really good, too, depending on who your rep is. I've had one excellent rep and one not-so-much. You can also email support@sizmek.com for whatever issues arise.

I like the ability to bulk upload creative.

What do you dislike?

The system is a bit slow. When you save anything, it takes a few seconds before you're able to move on to the next step. I recall this being the case with DoubleClick, too, but I'm not sure if they have corrected for that.

The Export/Import media plan feature is usually helpful with a large number of placements, but this function didn't work when I used packages for my placements (when multiple placements share impressions and budget).

We use Sizmek for ad-serving, conversion tracking, optimization decisions for our media partners. This helps us keep our display reporting all in one place and dedupe conversions so that we're attributing credit properly to each partner.

We haven't really utilized the creative services that Sizmek offers, but I've looked at these tools and they seem relatively intuitive.

Sizmek review by Matthew C.
Senior Digital Operations

"Sizmek Platform review"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Sizmek is that its open-source. I can plug into anything and works well alongside any Client specific tech. I find it reliable and robust. the creative showcase is a good portal for resources and tools when it comes to HTML5 build.

What do you dislike?

I feel its a bit slow and outdated. Although it works well it doesn't have the processing speed of some of the other platforms we use. I know there is a new release due out soon so Im hoping that will resolve the latency and a few other tech issues.

Since moving to HTML5 the platform is unable to duplicate multiple creative assets, which is understandable due to the differing nature in the structure of the code but this would greatly speed up some campaigns where clients have specific requirements. Again I have been advised that this should be available in the next release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good solid platform with a new UI coming shortly it is a bit step forward.

Helping to move creative agencies forward with the switch to HTML5 has been helped greatly by the support guys at Sizmek. they have held a lot of sessions to educate their clients and partners.

Sizmek review by Franco M.
Chief Technology Officer

"Sizmek experience"

What do you like best?

Actually I think that the most important differentiating aspect of Sizmek when compared to their direct competitors is the level of support in local markets.

We’re using their technology for our EMEA clients in all the region and their ability to support our local teams is outstanding.

Another very positive point is their flexibility. They are very open to accept request of customizations and they listen to what we're saying as an agency.

The last important advantage of using Sizmek is that it's an open platfom and we can plug many different third party technologies like Bid Management tools, Attribution Modelling tools, etc.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes they are a bit too optimistic about integration with third party technologies. At the end of the day everything works as expected but is not always as easy as they said.

The UI is not the best today but in Q1 2016 they are supposed to deploy the new UI that should speed-up many tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Sizmek is a good choice if you need one open ad-serving technology that can fit in a complex tech stack and you need outstanding support.

If you're working with a full-stack provider probably is not the best option.

The biggest problem that we solved using Sizmek has been an EMEA ad serving consolidation for a multinational client.

Now we have one single source of truth for digital reporting. This is an huge achievement and success for our agency. Today we have "near real time" reporting for more than 12 markets.

Sizmek review by Bruno G.
(10,001+ employees)

"Powerful tool, great reporting, not performance-friendly"

What do you like best?

The off-the-shelf reports and versatag make tactical, result-oriented business intelligence a breeze, and considerably speed up reliable, meaningful reporting.

What do you dislike?

The peer 39 verification tools makes no sense whatsoever (at least in a non anglo-saxon language and localization), though pre-bidding and inventory negativation tools compensate a bit.

The biggest downside, which turns out to be a nightmare really in practice, is the redirecting service, which is not compatible with Facebook and Google/DoubleClick performance tools, requiring our placements to either take place 100% outside the Ad Server (thus fracturing monitoring and reporting between multiple sources) or worse, that we create one placement with one exclusive redircect URL for each site/channel/format/content/segment combo. This latter alternatice in practise means HOURS of pointless labour, increased chances of human error, and depending on the vehicle may mean we'll bid against ourselves because of the necessary split in placements.

We use Sizmek as a centralized data silo (except for performance tools which don't integrate with it well), as a media analytics and reporting tool (quite successfully), as a validation/verification/accountability tool (with varying success and lots of room to improve) and of course as an Ad Server / DSP (pretty good at that).

Sizmek review by Jacquie A.
Digital Media, Strategy & Technology

"Great Ad Server"

What do you like best?

I've found the Sizmek platform to be very intuitive when learning. The system makes sense and allows me to group things the way I want.

What do you dislike?

I don't like when I'm setting up a campaign, the tag publish and creation tab is before the billing tab because technically I can't deliver my tags to vendors without generating an IO first...but then why does the option to generate an IO come after the option to generate tags? Sometimes the reporting is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for control over your adserving, the self serve platform for Sizmek is one of the better tools I've looked at.

There are a few reasons I use a third party ad server. 1. it helps me keep all my reporting in one place. 2. it ensures my vendors are held accountable to their results. 3. it helps me with negotiations with vendors who don't want to host larger/rich files.

Sizmek review by Gaetano F.
Media Planner

"Effective but slow"

What do you like best?

The range of services it offers. I am able to successfully send third party tags and pull comprehensive reports.

What do you dislike?

Page loading times. Every single step of the process takes 5-10 seconds which slows down my workflow considerably.

It helps us keep track of the delivery of our online banners, so we don't have to rely solely on the data provided by vendors.

Sizmek review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Happy to to have Sizmek as our primary ad server. "

What do you like best?

Sizmek is easy to use and very proficient in delivering the desired data we need to have for reporting. At this time we are not utilizing Sizmek's conversion tracking but from a general delivery standpoint, they are very proficient.

What do you dislike?

Sizmek's numbers have been known to skew from other third-party reporting vendors, this requires us to have to utilize other third-party reporting companies for certain campaigns.

We use Sizmek as our third party ad server where we use it to track all of our impression delivery and geo delivery for nearly all of our campaigns.

Sizmek review by Stephanie O.
Senior Manager Client Services

"Sizmek is not as user friendly from a vendor perspective as a third party ad server "

What do you like best?

The reporting generated is clear & easy to interpret

What do you dislike?

The dashboard & interface is less user friendly than DCM

A minority of clients use Sizmek as their 3rd party ad serving vendor but when they do, we rely on Sizmek for independent verification of clicks & impressions

Sizmek review by Julie M.
Ad Operations Manager

"Sizmek Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of user interface. The campaign management module is set up in a tab like format making it easy to navigate. There are multiple ways to perform the same actions/make updates (via excel export or via the platform directly). User can customize each tab view to include and order the necessary columns.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's slow to update especially with larger campaigns. The dynamic XML feed takes a couple hours to update.

Consolidated all our ad servers (primary, rich media, video, mobile) into a single platform (Sizmek). We've had no issues with publisher/ad server discrepancies and spend less time on billing since we only manage one vendor vs four. Our reporting has also been consolidated and we've been able to gain richer insights due to the ability to integrate with Omniture and other 3rd party platforms.

Sizmek review by Leiya K.
Automotive Specialist, Southwest Region

"Easy once you learn"

What do you like best?

Different tabs for different functions from campaign set-up through to billing. I also like the fact that you are able to adjust billing/pacing based upon delivery.

What do you dislike?

As a new assistant planner, I found it very not intuitive to learn. In addition, the help functions were sub-par, and I ended up learning how to fix many problems on my own when things went wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool and fairly intuitive once you get past the initial learning curve

Placing orders to communicate goals and expectations with various vendors.

Sizmek review by Tural K.
Head of Digital Media

"Quite good platform for adserving"

What do you like best?

- The better UI/UX, everything is intuitive on the dashboard.

- smart adserving, targeting and reporting options.

- good and fast technical support

What do you dislike?

Cost for adserving is too expensive? therefore in developing countries it is not possible to use Sizmek for most of advertisers.

Especially for rich-media ads CPM is high and even sometimes adserving becomes more expensive than media placement itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sizmek is good choice for big advertisers (FMCG, auto, pharmaceuticals etc.). For advertisers with little budget it needs to clarify business needs and think again.

I use Sizmek mainly for adserving functions. All functions are available.

Functions for creative and development (banner design, programming for interstitial ads etc.) are not used, but in upcoming years we plan to start use Sizmek for these purposes too.

Sizmek review by Agency

"Inconsistent Service"

What do you like best?

The ease of using the platform for self-serve campaigns, the reliability of the QA process and the granularity of reporting.

What do you dislike?

The support teams response time and expertise. Our account manager is very hands off and often very hard to get a hold of. In addition you can get multiple answers to the same question from the generic support team.

Advertising for multiple clients, it is very easy to create a centralized process across publishers and clients.

Sizmek review by Makenna F.
Field Marketing Manager
Food & Beverages

"Easy and and well organized software. "

What do you like best?

The advanced filters to understand how our ads were performing online. It was great to see the click-through rate at 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% to fully understand how our ads were being watched.

What do you dislike?

Once the information was exported to Excel, it was a little harder to understand. A more organized Excel export would be beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software to use to track online advertising campaigns!

I was using Sizmek to track advertising campaigns on online Discovery Channel shows.

Sizmek review by Agency in Entertainment

"Planner who tracks digital campaigns and analyzes delivery data via Sizmek"

What do you like best?

What I like best about the Sizmek MDX platform, in particular, is the ease of use with the new Analytics dashboard. The various visual graphs and data displays are intuitive to the user and easy to understand, which makes digesting large amount of data simple. It is also nice that they kept Analytics Classic as a view option. The Report Builder function provides simple customization, and is compatible with many other vendors' data sets. Sizmek is currently working with other vendors that we work with to join forces and make the Sizmek platform the virtual one-stop-shop to fit our needs.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be a lot of steps that need to be made in setting up secure HTML5 campaigns. Each step is a chance for a potential mishap to occur, which can cause a problem later when serving ads. When these problems have occurred we do not find out until after the fact, usually through a vendor we have placed with. It would be beneficial to have a dialogue box that catches the error right away while setting up the campaign. This usually occurs when trying to deliver secure HTML5 ads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Sizmek MDX platform continues to improve, and from what I understand they are rolling out an even better product in the coming weeks. Highly suggest Sizmek.

We are able to track multiple campaigns for multiple clients in a single, easy to use place in Sizmek. We derive analytics and create custom reports directly from Sizmek's platform.

Sizmek review by Ryan A.
Network Manager

"Sizmek review by a dev"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and quick to learn, makes the process of managing ads and assists very simple which is a huge time save when you are building hundreds of ads. Also allows for batch uploading and creation which is a MASSIVE time saver. HTML5 API is reasonably robust, has what you need and their in-house HTML5 builder app has its place for basic ads.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit slow from time to time. Currently no simple way to batch create HTML5 banners but are working on it. Would be great if had more detailed support for things like API.

Trafficking digital ads in bulk with a number of publishers. Returns have been a huge time save and quick fixes when we do fun into issues.

Sizmek review by Agency in Financial Services

"Like Stepping Back in Time"

What do you like best?

The list of things we like about that platform is short - namely that it serves ads.

What do you dislike?

This list is a bit longer, but some of the most important items:

- Reporting (especially building reports) is overly complicated, and not very modular

- Workflow for building & trafficking campaigns takes many steps / is slow due to lag time

- It feels like you're working in DoubleClick from 2008

Sizmek has been used when specific clients could not work with other platforms (DoubleClick) for a variety of reasons

Sizmek review by Jeremy L.
Associate Digital Media Specialist

"The onSize product that saves that day."

What do you like best?

Sizmek is very easy to use. It is all all inclusive platform and can handle the workload of a large agency like ours. Everyone is the company uses and values this platform. It helps us get day to day needs and operations taken care of. Overall. We have nothing but good things to say about Sizmek. We are highly satisfied and would recommend the software to anyone and everyone in the marketing field.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have is that Sizmek can be slow at points. They are currently looking to rectify the situation and make it run smoother. I wish there wasn't a time limit of being logged in. It is nice to have, but at the same time it can be frustrating logging in so often. Overall. none of these issues affect the reliability and the usability of this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take use of the software support. Everyone working for Sizmek is great and they're very knowledgeable about their products. They go above and beyond to make sure we are satisfied with it,

We are solving third party tracking. We can also address impressions and cost discrepancies between vendors and our agency. This helps in pulling cost information. There are many uses for the products they offer, such as creative tracking and cost effectiveness. Overall, it is a great product and I would definitely recommend it! The benefits of this program are endless, and we are looking forward to continuing our use!

Sizmek review by User

"easy to use ad-server and great customer service"

What do you like best?

Sizmek allowed us to properly attribute conversions to correct channels and prevented us from double counting those conversions.

What do you dislike?

Ability to reformat a placement, it doesn't allow you to change from in-banner to tracking only

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Sizmek is a great option for companies in need of an ad server but not a great option for a trading desk.

Sizmel provides insightful analytics tools with customizable graphs to leverage for reporting presentations. The reporting interface is very user friendly and can pull whatever is needed. The export is easily made into a pivot table. It made our analytics timeline more client-appeasing

Sizmek review by Erik L.
Senior Data Strategist

"Great distribution and Support"

What do you like best?

As a data analyst I like the way Sizmek collects data in a way that allows me to slice and dice it in as many was as I can think of.

What do you dislike?

I wish the API was easier to integrate into independent systems. I've tried to create an automated integration system and it was quite difficult and I had to use some janky workarounds.

I've been analyzing how our clients are performing in the marketplace and recommending insights based on my findings. Sizmek has allowed me to get a clear picture of what's happening with our clients and where their areas of improvement lie.

Sizmek review by Rory Erin K.
Product Manager

"Easy to use and reliable software for Advertising! "

What do you like best?

It was easy to build and send tags to clients, operations & sales. They were some of the only tags i've ever used with little to no issues.

What do you dislike?

If building from scratch, it can be a lengthy process, however with further knowledge of how the system works, it's easily overcome.

Able to create and use Ad Tags for various campaigns. Making it simple and easy to generate previews and placement tags in a hurry.

Sizmek review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Has Pros & Cons Like Other Ad Servers"

What do you like best?

Depending on what you are using Sizmek for the ease of use and large variety of tokens (macros) available are the best features. The ad (creative) set up with the delivery groups (ads), settings that can be applied and creative platform overall with AMAZING support are added benefits. The platform for action tags/floodlights/ pixels is a little different but having a support team QA these has helped catch problems before campaigns went live.

What do you dislike?

Biggest draw back for me is not being able to assign more than one click through URL to a placement and having to assign each URL to every placement instead of bulk applying.

Other areas for improvement that I would like to see include having sections that span across all publishers/sites instead of having to add each new section for each new site. Being able to publish the tags from the media plan instead of sending a code package each time if you are downloading certain tags would be great. Also, keeping the filtering settings would be helpful when assigning ads to a huge campaign and having to reset the filters each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sizmek is a great tool for clients using a lot of rich media creative and with various takens/macros for analytics purposes. The platform overall has great ease of use and the customer support is excellent.

I work within Ad Ops on the agency side and how I use Sizmek is different from my predecessors on the same account but one of the biggest benefits has been the excellent support over creative, trafficking and management as well as the creative tools and platform.

"Daily User of Platform"

What do you like best?

Sizmek is open to working with an agency that has small to medium/large clients. The interface is simple, clean and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

The largest disadvantage to the platform is the poor customer service. Our agency is mid-sized so while we understand our investment doesn't allow for a dedicated support team, the service we do receive is often slow (it just took 2 weeks to complete QA of a container tag/mapping rules).

Sizmek helps us solve the baseline needs of the ad serving space - keeping partners honest and ensuring our client messages are served in viewable/non fraudulent places.

Sizmek review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Using product on daily basis to pull reporting; upload campaigns etc. "

What do you like best?

Ease of dashboard. Easy to navigate and pull reporting, campaign set-up etc. The platform is intuitive and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Product roll-outs can be slow and communication from the Sizmek team can be confusing. In general, we would love to use Sizmek as a sequential messaging and cross-device solution for our clients.

A nitpicky thing, I don't like how the new analytics dashboard is separate from the old one. It would be easier and more seamless if these lived within the same space.

There are a number of hot topics in the industry that we are trying to solve for our clients, ranging from fraud and viewability to cross-device attribution solutions. We are utilizing Sizmek for pre-bid viewability and fraud. This is a huge benefit to our clients. Although they are not asking for this information, we are reporting and optimizing in the background as a best practice. It is helpful to have this live within our ad serving platform.

As an agency, we are looking to utilize Sizmek for weather-based targeting for a few of our clients where it makes sense.

Sizmek review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Dynamic Banner Ads -multiple versions"

What do you like best?

the ability to swap out images and text on the fly.

What do you dislike?

The difficulty in learning a new platform and having to set everything up from scratch. Training has been minimal and when I ask questions I seem to not always get answers. The Sizmek team seems to have too many silos and each person can only speak to their tasks so it feels as if we are getting passed around when we have questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find out exactly what the roles on the customer is vs. what services Sizmek provides.

We were looking for a vendor who could provide banner ads in multiple sizes, with multiple versions and for multiple properties. We were under the impression it would be easy to version everything out and track it all uniquely, but the amount of front end work to get this done did not outweigh the time it was supposed to save on the back end.

Sizmek review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Sizmek Review - it's about the people we work with and not the product"

What do you like best?

- Malaysia team is very responsive and understands urgency of our requests. Team player and works hard for the account's demands. We look forward in working with her more next year.

What do you dislike?

- Unsure who is handling the account now since the previous person left and there was no one introduced since. We only see people in the loop but unsure their roles in the business

- Some media owners pay for our ad tracking fees but the same rates are not extended to them even if it's for the same client. This is disappointing as we wanted to use media owner's budget to cover production fees.

- Moving forward, we wanted to work with an account servicing person who will "work with us". In the end, this is about team work and we are all in the same team. However, I did not find this quality in the previous account servicing person. We don't like to work with people "who act like clients" but sincere people who can work with us in delivering expertise for our clients

- Training is not very hands-on (it's very generic and we don't find any practical application to it).

- The platform is not user friendly. There are too many tabs. It's very slow. Sometimes we are lost in what we are doing. Digital is supposed to make marketing campaigns launch faster and easier. But Sizmek doesn't contribute to these digital benefits

- Not easy to determine where the reports section are specially in pulling out raw files

- There's a confusion on how to test if campaigns are live specially when there are revisions

- Cross devices via log-ins to determine unique reach and apply frequency cap on a campaign basis and not media basis. So far, we know that the competitor can do this without a cost. Unsure if Sizmek has this kind of service.

- Versatag in 2015 was applied to some of the brands but after a few months there is now the introduction of universal tag. Unsure how frequent new products and updates will be but we have just paid for a versatag so this is really inefficient

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Get the account servicing person to sit with you on your first campaign and every time there is something new you are doing to your campaign. It helps ease the pain of setting up. However, I'm not sure if this is allowed as this didn't happen to me.

- Unbiased reporting and trust that data will not be misused.

- Cost efficient rates extended to client

- Operations people are hardworking and a team player

Sizmek review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Sizmek opens opportunities for more successful digital campaigns"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Sizmek is the level of control I have over my ads. If I need to change something I can do it immediately and not have to wait for someone at the site to have time to do it. I can also rotate however I want, and manage very complicated schedules with ease. I also like that the creative can be better serving through Sizmek. Most places have file size limits of around 40k, and with Sizmek, that file size limitation is never an issue.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if I could detach a delivery group and attach a different delivery group to a publication without having to send them a new tag. Or if I could geotarget by site. Sometimes we have ads set to run a specific way because of product registration laws. If situations change while ads are still running, I can't change the delivery group and this can complicate things.

Agriculture can be a difficult audience to reach with digital. Some of the websites we use are very small and low tech sites, however it has been easy to get them set up and using Sizmek, often as their first experience with an ad server. Many of these smaller sites have a lot of limitations as far as file sizes and rotation abilities. Once we get them on Sizmek, we can serve as we wish. We have been able to increase our effectiveness reaching the agriculture audience.

"Sizmek"

What do you like best?

Being able to run and receive domain reports quickly. The bulk edit and upload feature works better and faster than other platforms. Very helpful when making changes to extensive campaigns.

What do you dislike?

The platform is slow. Moving quickly between the screens is not an option. This increases the total process time to traffic campaigns. The bulk edit feature helps but it is only useful for the Media Plan Tab.

Having to sign an IO for every campaign is a step that should be eliminated - it takes too long and this step is not in other platforms. Not all the information is entered before the IO has to be signed to get the first set of tags out. Therefore, the original signing is usually null and void since many times the campaign is adjusted before during and after the IO is signed on the billing tab.

The multiple steps to save creatives, upload to the campaign, publish them, change creative rotations - all of which take place on different tabs can be tedious process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sizmek can be a good platform to use, however, currently the platform has some obstacles for efficient implementation. This is supposed to be changing, the question is how soon.

AdServing at an inexpensive cost. However, this increased the time it took to traffic one campaign.

Recommend speeding up the time it takes to move within the platform. Also, reducing some of the tabs or making the overall UI cleaner and user friendly.