Sketchbook

SketchBook drawing app and painting software helps digital artists and illustrators design with professional-grade perspective tools and an intuitive user interface.

Work for Sketchbook?

Learning about Sketchbook?

Sketchbook Reviews

Showing 87 Sketchbook reviews
User in Graphic Design

"El programa perfecto para ilustración digital"

What do you like best?

Si eres diseñador o ilustrador este programa es imprescindible. Es un programa muy bueno para la ilustración digital y tiene muchas cosas positivas.

- una interface muy cuidada.

- el programa no ocupa mucho espació en la memoria de tu ordenador.

- Existe tanto para mac, pc y tabletas digitales donde se aprovecha al máximo gracias a que dibujas sobre la pantalla tactil. La versión de escritorio es casi identica a las versiones de ordenador.

- Este programa cuenta con mas de 190 pinceles incluyendo varios con texturas de todo tipo, ideal para hacer todo tipo de ilustraciones y texturas a la hora de dibujar.

- Es compatible con formatos JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, y PSD.

- Ahora es gratuito cosa que se agradece mucho ya que no has de pagar la cuota mensual.

En definitiva como he dicho un programa imprescindible para diseñadores y ilustradores.

What do you dislike?

Lo unico malo es que si lo usas en mac y pc necesitas una tableta gráfica para aprovechar al máximo el programa.

Y tambìén has de tener un poco de idea en dibujo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Para profresionales y no tan profesionales, ilustradores y diseñadores considero un programa imprescindible, ya que es gratuito, tiene gran cantidad de pinceles y texturas y existe en multiples plataformas lo que permite usarlo en todos sitios.

Este programa me ha resuelto muchos problemas a la hora de crear dibujos ya que su gran cantidad y tipos de pinceles són ideales para crear cualquier textura que desees y cualquier tipo de ilustración. A diferencia de photoshop que has de comprar tipos de pinceles a parte o descargartelos.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sketchbook
Sketchbook review by chris b.
chris b.

"Creativity Unleashed "

What do you like best?

I've had Sketchbook for a couple of months and I'm still tip-toeing around. There are some amazing features with the software, enhancements which free up a lot of time without sacrificing your creativity. The interface is very clean, brushes and palettes are easy to access, and the 'mirroring' feature is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Some quick how-to demos within the program would be helpful - there are options available online (YouTube), but it'd be good to have assistance without having to go 'off the reservation'.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might take a little while to get used to, but I think Sketchbook for Enterprise has some amazing potential. I'm barely scratching the surface of its potential and find it very useful - someone with greater artistic or creative skills than I have will really enjoy exploring this program!

Sketchbook is a very good companion piece to Pixlr and Canva....Sketchbook can provide that little bit of a 'bump' to make a marketing piece really pop.

What Drawing solution do you use?

Sketchbook review by Ed H.
Ed H.

"Useful for conceptual work in a retail environment"

What do you like best?

Sketchbook is the most intuitive drafting software application that I've used. I can use it to quickly render a conceptual idea for, for example, a new display fixture in our showroom and work out the design digitally in a way that's easy to modify and share. This is my starting point before a 3D model in Sketchup.

What do you dislike?

I actually don't have anything that I dislike about Sketchbook Pro. It is a fantastic drafting application. If there's anything Autodesk could do better for this program it would be some better (by better I mean visual/video) help resources describing some of the specific tools. But there are lots of 3rd party videos and tutorials that the user cna track down if they have time to do it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sketchbook will not replace programs like Photoshop or SketchUp, but is rather an additional tool that makes workflows including these other programs more efficient.

I use Sketchbook to create drafts of display fixtures in a flooring showroom environment when we're looking to set up a new area or design. I use it for a variety of other sketching purposes rather than paper and pencil since it enables me to skip the extra steps of multiple sketches and then scanning and organizing images.

Sketchbook review by Brooke R.
Brooke R.

"It's like Photoshop but for drawing!"

What do you like best?

I love the different texture brushes that make it easier for me to add texture and effects to my art in an instant rather than drawing it all out on my own. It has all the things I would use on Photoshop for my art work, but with so much more. The copic color option, is amazing! I use copics for my traditional drawings and now I can enhance my already colored drawings that I scan onto my computer with the same copic colors to make it into a digital piece of art.

What do you dislike?

I dislike very little about the app, but if I had to choose, there is sometimes a glitch where it forces me to pick a color on my drawing when I am in the middle of swiping some color onto the drawing. Other than that, I have no problems. This program is really just an amazing product that I am proud to be a subscriber to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try the free version out first! Try the premium trial, you won't regret it. If you are an aspiring artist, this is a must have program!

As being an artist for my second job, I am able to easily organize and actually do my commissions in a digital format very easily.

Sketchbook review by Robert R.
Robert R.

"An Illustrator's companion"

What do you like best?

The charismatic name (Yes, the name!) Sketchbook Pro, with its the clean, welcoming-to-art, no-nonsense interface with all the tools you need in the right places for instant access. All the drawing and painting tools with an intuitive learning curve. The very fast way of moving in and out of your artwork with handy shortcuts. The overall look and feel without copying others, that matches an illustrator's work environment whether digital or traditional. Its integration with tablets and phones with its own apps. I use it with my wacom tablet as this is, of course, the minimum necessary to harness its main drawing features such as pressure sensitivity and the lines you draw, but you can do a lot with a mouse too if you must. It is also great for black and white art, line art, comics, inking, the works!, which you can begin or finish your work in CorelDRAW/PhotoPaint, Krita or PhotoShop too, if you like.

What do you dislike?

The recent move in which you can no longer own the software, but only use it via "subscriptions" that must be renewed every year as Adobe and others are doing. I'm an "old timer" and like to own the things I use and not be bugged further. There should be an option for those who want to "work in the cloud" and those who do not, to purchase what they want and update when they want, with advantages for longtime users. That would be an honest and professional way of doing things, in my opinion, and that is why I have regretfully ceased using it fulltime, having declined from the offered subscription mode after a disappointing and bothersome experience to have it completed from my country (Brazil). It might be different for other users, of course.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it as an artist, though friendly, it is not intended for the curious to just dabble and solve some momentary or frivolous art need. Perhaps the subscription mode discourages those who would not use it seriously. However, If you're like me and happen to come accross the last legit standalone version, (I think it is 7.0.1 of 2015), purchase it, install and be happy!

I like to have it around as one of my professional tools of the trade. In this sense, I can illustrate whatever I want with it, though admittedly I have not explored everything that could be done, keeping mostly to my line of work, but I intend to learn more as I have more time to spare.

Sketchbook review by Julio Alberto A.
Julio Alberto A.

"very useful application for specific jobs."

What do you like best?

It does not require to be an experienced in drawing applications to know how to use it efficiently, it works in different devices which is very useful for urgent work in which a sketch is vital to express an idea.

In the branch of architecture, applications like this one are really useful for designing quickly and forming an idea or explaining a specific aspect of a project.

What do you dislike?

You must have an intermediate or high domain over drawing to get a result away, otherwise the application will not be useful to you, the tools are still very limited, they could have more functions and options that allow you to improve the appearance of the voices as well as not has more formal tools that allow you to measure distances or depths, so you must have a very good drawing technique.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is advisable to have a pencil for devices since it will make the work much easier to have a better result, depending on the work you want to do you must consider the device you plan to work on, the most advisable is a large tablet since the work will be more easy, if you want to get great results very professional with this application is possible but you must spend a lot of time to have the technique and experience to perform an impeccable job.

Although it is an application of informal drawing is very useful to get a quick result when correcting or explaining something in an architectural project, the possibility of having it in different devices makes it easy even to solve a problem at a distance and very fast, to draw About a photo is a great tool, it is the most used because it is used to indicate and indicate that and how to correct something in the project.

Sketchbook review by Rocelin C.
Rocelin C.

"Portable illustrators"

What do you like best?

The Android versions allow the artist or draftsman to draw drawings, sketches wherever he is. The variety of brushes, that the canvas is digital and that you can draw lines as you wish, is great. It keeps its color palette quite varied and has different options to add layers.

Las versiones para Android permite al artista o dibujante trazar dibujos, bosquejos en donde quiera que este. La variedad de pinceles, que el lienzo sea digital y que puedas trazar lineas como lo desees, es genial. Mantiene su paleta de colores bastante variada y tiene distintas opciones para añadir capas, ademas de tener versiones mobile y para ordenadores.

What do you dislike?

You can not add external images or drawings, you can not export the strokes to other design programs because they look pixelated.

No se pueden añadir imagenes o dibujos externos, no se pueden exportar los trazos a otros programas de diseño porque se ven pixelados.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A more extensive test version, in the mobile version, decrease the size of the icons and allow to add content and external images.

Una version de prueba mas amplia, en la version mobile disminuir el tamaño de los iconos y permitir añadir contenido e imagenes externos.

The versatility that I need when designing or making a free drawing, I have ample space for drawing.

La versatilidad que necesito al momento de diseñar o hacer un dibujo libre, cuento con amplio espacio para el dibujo.

Sketchbook review by Gabriel H.
Gabriel H.

"Friendly alternative to Photoshop "

What do you like best?

- Brush presets

- Steady Sketch control

- Simple interface

- Symmetry sketching

- Opacity/ hardness/ size tool for brush

Very friendly to new users, and it can be used both by professionals and amateurs.

If you are a Photoshop user, there are big chances you will get used to this software very easy and also the compatibility between PS and Sketchbook is great.

What do you dislike?

May be will be useful some similar tools like levels/ hue saturation/ mask, but I think the main idea behind the software was to keep it as simple, so may be should not be overloaded with many tools, because their target is not to be a Photoshop competitor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to express your ideas. It has very good implementation also on Android and iOS, that's why i recommend it to be used on o portable device, as a designer or architect being an essential tool when you need to put some ideas on paper and you don't have to carry a lot of stuff with you, only a tablet will do the job.

I find quite useful sometimes Steady and Predictive stroke tools, as they can help you to generate a clean sketch.

Having the option to export as .PSD with all the layers created in the software , I think it's an amazing thing and one of the strongest advantages!

Deliver 2d sketches / renderings .

Fast tool to communicate quick sketching ideas on a portable device.

Sketchbook review by User

"Easy to use, very userfriendly. "

What do you like best?

I have the upgrade version and I use it to make ton of my art. I like it because you can get it on your phone and tablet as well and draw where ever you feel like so. It's easy and simple, you can download tons of brushes, I've never had an issue with this software.

What do you dislike?

I use a Wacom tablet and whenever I start the software and it opens on my tablet, it won't let me zoom out for some reason. I need to move the window to my computer screen, close the program, and re-open it, and then move it to my Wacom screen.

I used to use another paid software and I felt very limited. When I tried Sketchbook for the first time, I was surprised that I had so many choises, they also give you tutorials on how to do certain things.

Sketchbook review by User in Higher Education

"Ideal Sketch App for Digital"

What do you like best?

Used on Ipad and Mac, this software is very easy and pleasant to use for sketching. Multiple layers, easy to manipulate the canvas and great options of brushes make Sketchbook the software to go to sketch and render. Most used on the iPad for sketching, this version offers decent performance and high accuracy with Apple Pen. I mac, I prefer to render and painting in integration with Photoshop or Illustrator. Small size of the app and files is also another good value, specially when the project need multiple variation of the same sketch.

What do you dislike?

Could be more compatible with other Adobe products, such Photoshop and Illustrator. Rules options must be improve, very limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With so many options for digital sketching, Sketchbook is a safe and better option for its support and community. Adobe offers it in multiple platforms, such iPad and Mac that makes file's transfer very easy.

Quick sketch and ideation for design.

Sketchbook review by Santiago Augusto P.
Santiago Augusto P.

"Designing worlds trough creativity"

What do you like best?

Sketchbook has a huge integrity in the world of illustration. This software has provided me multiple times ways to develop my creative thinking. Creating and drawing it's becoming simpler with its well designed UI. Also, It connects to your iPad or your mobile device, so you can work on the go. More the less, this software has a huge library of tutorials in which the user can also find different technics of how to approach specific illustration task. Recently, they also add different brushes to helps the artist and designers improve their artist's work.

What do you dislike?

One of the thinks that I mostly disagree it's the annual fee. I consider that the software does not change that much drastically every year. It is important to understand that having the sketches everywhere it's a nice feature that can improve process times greatly. There are some features that can be improved in the UI and UX in the mobile devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware of the cost of the application. Nowadays some small software companies are making good applications for illustration. If you are able to work on all your devices to keep your productivity up this is your Software.

Working with this apple facilitates the personalization of products. Moreover, when I show a sketch or a concept it is indispensable to evolve my initial ideas. Also, I used to face the necessity of developing concept sketches all the time, so working with all my devices has eased my workflow greatly.

Sketchbook review by Cynthia C.
Cynthia C.

"Cool SketchBook for STEM & STEAM Program "

What do you like best?

I have been using this program for 3 years and I love it! I have it for my MacBook Air and my iPad Pro. It's not very hard to navigate and I find this easier than using photoshop.

On my iPad Pro and Apple Pencil this works like a dream!

What do you dislike?

Well like all products, they take time to master. Take your time to play with app. I don't really have any bad feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/a

I think the benefits to owning this app is.. I am able to do more with it than most other drawing apps. Some apps or programs aren't affordable; so when you are running a STEM & STEAM program you have to work things in your budget.

User in Design

"Great for people who like to draw for fun or professionally "

What do you like best?

I like the amount of tools that you can use

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you have to pay for pro tools

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sketchbook is a pretty amazing program, you can do digital art from anywhere. This product not only works on your computer but is also works on IOS and Android. Not only does this product have a ton of features its pretty easy to use. There are tons of tools such as fountain pen, vintage marker, Watercolor brushes and much more. You can also control the size, opacity and pressure of these pens and brushes. You can also add images and text to your artwork. The color wheel has tons of colors you can customize at the touch of a finger. You dont have to pay for this service but i do recommend buying the pro brushes which only cost $4.99 so your not breaking the bank. You can even add on layers. if your using a cell phone or tablet i would suggest that you use a stylus for better precision, your finger does work too but definitely not as well. Great product for any artist.

None

"Fun and quick to use"

What do you like best?

What I love about this program is how intuitive and easy to use is. First time I opened it I was able to do a concept sketch for a Mudbox sculpt in just an hour in my tablet! When I'm bored I just play around with the brushes and effects and usually interesting stuff comes out of it. With a minimalist interface you feel like a child, un restricted and confident.

What do you dislike?

It is not a dislike more like a suggestion: Maybe the color palettes could be more complex or varied in terms of mixing colors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the app for the tablet. Very comfortable to use. Just buy a pen for it.

It helps me with concept sketches in bed before going to sleep to solve or create models next day at work.

Sketchbook review by julien f.
julien f.

"Sketch book revue"

What do you like best?

For me the best point for sketch book is the feeling , lines are very natural and you can play eazily with the pressure , for me this pont is better than photoshop. the menu seems simple and clear (but not realy ..) an other adventage is that is possible to put sketch book on an I-pad etc to sketch everywhere because the softwear is light ! so its very practical whene you just want to sketch something quickly like with paper, dont need to use the computer.

What do you dislike?

the principal problem for me is the menu , is visualy simple but i any time search my tools ^^ i work on photoshop globaly and when i whant to work on sketch book i'm a bit lost because i dont have my usualy tools , so i think could be more complet or more intuitive. other negative point but can be a positive point also , is that is impossible to put colors in overlay for exemple so its realy like a paint .

Recommendations to others considering the product

maybe to be a bite more intuitive.

the principale adventage in my work (car designer) its i can take the I-pad and directly sketching near to models , takes photos and quickly modified thing direcly on the pad i dont need to back to my desk, its the same when i'm in meeting , permet me to modified things in live , so for me the real adventage its the possibility to put sketch book on a mobile support ! when i 'm on my desck i prefere to use photoshop.

Sketchbook review by Arianna C.
Arianna C.

"Awesome user friendly art software"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to use, more so than Photoshop. The user interface is very appealing and easy to understand at a glance for me, something I look for in painting software.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can point out that I dislike really, don't expect much photo manipulation, as this is more tailored towards painting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you'd like a program that's simple for beginners to pick up on and yet still useful for the more advanced bunch, look no further than Autodesk Sketchbook. Even the pricing is reasonable in comparison to its competitor, Photoshop.

I have created quick design mockups (using the phone application) and full fledged concept paintings in Sketchbook.

Sketchbook review by Danielle H.
Danielle H.

"Easy-to-use software"

What do you like best?

I like the complete control allowed for every stroke of the pen tool. Th program is easy to understand and quick to leaner, but is very powerful when mastered.

What do you dislike?

Some tools will turn on, such as the symmetry tool, while using the product. This can mess up the piece that I am working on, but it is easy to fix. One of the biggest issues I have is when the program crashes. The recovery of lost files is not up to par and I have lost important work this way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very easy program to learn and use in the workplace. I have used it mostly for schooling purposes and enjoyed learning the new tools and enhancing my own digital drawing skills with the program. Sketchbook Pro is the easiest way to draw digitally.

The benefits of Sketchbook Pro are to be able to communicate your ideas more clearly through drawings and graphics for presentations. The program is a very helpful tool for communication.

Sketchbook review by Glen F.
Glen F.

"A great product that feels like real traditional sketching."

What do you like best?

I like its simplicity with very few obstacles on screen and how good it feels to draw in it since it's so close to the real media feel.

The pencil is great and I like the copic color choices (being a copic user myself) and how they translated the pigments from the real counterparts is really great.

And a special mention goes to the rulers, I simply love them, the latest versions also have perspective tools which are really great as well as a quick dynamic color and opasity setting.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the copic fine point markers, they tend to be too soft or watered down and it's not the same as the real multiliners which is a shame since it's hard to use them for inking or line work as I do with the real markers.

Overall there is a lack of inking tools as well, you can get away with it by creating a custom brush, but it's not exactly an ideal solution since you can't just install the program and start inking without creating a custom brush for it first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are loking for a program that feels like real sketches or pencil work, then this is the top of the line for this kind of work.

Sketchbook pro helps in the design or sketching stage, I use it mostly for comic book penciling as well as the base drawings I later paint since I love the feel i get from the application.

And is my go to application when I just want to warm up or doodle something since I can't get the same feel with any other rool.

Sketchbook review by João A.
João A.

"Best pencil simulation"

What do you like best?

Well, like my title for this review what i like most in sketchbook is the pencil simulation, when i started working with illustration i also started looking for a software who can make me feel like i was drawing on paper and sketchbook was the best i found. Export formats are really great too, also the animation new features are really cool and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the some features like clipping mask would be great to be added, but no further complains to mention.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion this is the best option for those who are familiar with pencil and paper and have to start to illustrate digitally, this is what happened to me. The layer and export options makes the experience even better if you work with photoshop too and later needs to make some changes in color or some detail of your illustration. Thats why Sketchbook is the best illustration software for me.

I am a illustrator and designer, i use the software for every project that needs a illustration, i was having trouble to illustrate in other softwares because the simulation of the pencil wasnt realistic, and having problems to find brushes like the copic there is already avaible to use. Now illustrate and colorize became so easier.

Sketchbook review by Alex G.
Alex G.

"Used extensively as an industrial design student and industrial design intern."

What do you like best?

The smooth stroke tool. Next up, the line, perspective and symmetry tools are invaluable and I can't believe other softwares don't feature them.

What do you dislike?

There are certain things it lacks which makes me resort to Photoshop more often than I should. The biggest problem is the lack of non-destructive editing tools such as (in order) layer masks, clipping masks and adjustment layers. Such basic fundamental tools that are completely missing.

The smooth stroke tool is amazing, but can be difficult to get perfect sometimes. Being able to create a path, adjust the path and then draw over it with a tablet similar to the line tool would be incredible.

Keyboard commands can't seem to be adjusted. Why? Comon.

If those changes were made, I'd never use Adobe Photoshop for rendering/sketching again. And that's coming from someone with 16+ years of experience with Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not a substitute for Adobe Photoshop, yet. Make sure you still have ample Photoshop experience.

Concept visualization and rendering. Being able to convincingly render forms before spending time in CAD or 3d modeling.

Sketchbook review by Scott D.
Scott D.

"Nearly Perfect"

What do you like best?

The quality of line is really nice in Autodesk Sketchbook Pro. There are lots of different brushes and options to edit how it draws. The zooming is so awesome, I can create large works on the subway on my phone. I love it more than traditional drawing now.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish it was vector. Sometimes the interface is annoying. But it is still the best drawing application by far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other products might be great for one specific thing, and then they should be used in conjunction with Autodesk Sketchbook because it both excels in many necessary categories but it is also very well rounded. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a mid-professional standard drawing program. What makes this program so incredible is that you have on a mobile device. I really fight with the idea of buying a Cintiq drawing tablet for $2000 when I have such an incredible product on my phone.

I can draw anywhere. I can sketch ideas with complexity easily. I can export the file out to another mobile account and have it on my computer when I get home. The flexibility it allows me on the go is unparalleled.

Sketchbook review by Leonardo B.
Leonardo B.

"Incredibly intuitive and overall a fun experience with digital artistry"

What do you like best?

I love how friendly the program is to both beginners and advanced users alike. It gives you the tools upfront and allows you complete customizable freedom with them. The responsiveness of the brushes are awesome, depending on your device that younger using. The program is a smorgasbord of features from traditional drawing to professional painting.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I have at the moment of this review is the compatibility issue I'm having with my copy of Sketchbook Pro 7 on my Surface Pro 4. I'm sure Autodesk is working in a solution at the moment because I would LOVE to use the desktop version on my Surface Pro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When I jest got my hands on this program, I felt that this was a gem that had a lot of potential in what they could squeeze out of it. So far, they haven't disappointed. Get your hands on this program and let your hand fly on that tablet.

Currently I am working as a freelance artist, and this program has helped me expand my digital scope of art in an accessible, friendly way.

Sketchbook review by Yannick R.
Yannick R.

"An essential for my illustration workflow"

What do you like best?

I really like that sketchbook really feels like I'm using real materials on real paper. I love how each tool has been designed to work just like the real life reflection. I really appreciated the ease of use in the application, and the learning curve is very low. Learning more about the application with practice is very rewarding and Sketchbook has been designed so that the usage is flexible- it allows me to freely do a small sketch if I want, or even doing a full piece inside the application feels just as comfortable. The product is also very fast

What do you dislike?

Despite the low learning curve, learning some niche techniques to get exactly what you want out of the program can prove tricky sometimes. Like the tool settings to tweak how some instruments work. I'm not to fond of the non-drawing tools; specifically how they function. such as the move tool, the select tool and scale tool- they tend to feel a bit cumbersome at times, probably due to my adobe background, its a bit hard for me to remember the use method for these

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sketchbook, even if you don't involve yourself in a lot design, even if you lightly sketch, it's still a very rewarding application and fun!

Business Problems seems a bit complex as I am a freelance designer, but sketchbook definitely helps the workflow I use for logo design- especially with clients. I tend to sketch preliminaries in sketchbook, and I find it fast productive and easy to do this. The sketches are small in size and easy to send to clients while we work in the development stage, and take a small amount of time to tweak or change which makes the finishing product a much smaller headache.

Sketchbook review by Alex T.
Alex T.

"Sketchbook: the skeching app"

What do you like best?

As a hand sketch lover the most important feature I can highlight is natural painting as a real sketch, but also digital with layers and huge kind of tools for explode your creativity.

If you don't know too much real techniques, this program allows you to experiment with them (airbrush or high end markers). And also you have full Copic colour palette so you're learning it!

What do you dislike?

Interaction with Adobe Photoshop file (with layers) must be improved.

Maybe another thing to improve is watercolor simulation, maybe could be interact with background paper.

Sometimes airbrush is not effective as I would.

I miss some Pantone palette.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sketchbook is a program who balance perfectly value for money.

Think: for any person, team or company who need to sketch with a medium quality fits perfect.

This software it a native self-seller, because when you try it you don't want to return back. You can design a lot of ideas, select one and develop. Imagine, all of this in one layer! Crazy!

With sketchbook I use less (much less) paper and optimice time and resources. Now I do not need too much tools in my table. Only my tablet and my mind.

This software allows you to be quick with designs, so to do a research concept fits perfectly. In addition you could achieve a very good presentation with this hand made sketches, that give you this professional point and a show your hard work in the office.

Sketchbook review by Brad C.
Brad C.

"Great for Graphic Designers"

What do you like best?

My favorite Sketchbook feature is symmetry; I use this a lot for creating shapes for logos and for balanced lettering. Unfortunately, on the iPad I can’t enable both x and y symmetry (simultaneously), a feature available on desktop. I create a lot of concept sketches in Sketchbook and finish with Illustrator.

What do you dislike?

On the iPad, Sketchbook is not as good for painting as Procreate. Also, the older version and new version don’t automatically share libraries and sketches. Sketchbook would be perfect if it had vector options like Mischief -- I probably wouldn’t need to use much else other than Adobe Illustrator for some work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take it for a test drive! If you do a lot of sketch work, this may be the best option. If you’re working with sketches but want vectors, try Mischief. Sketchbook is great for conceptual design but can also be used start to finish.

Sketchbook allows me to create concepts quickly and get ideas down on my iPad, to be finished up on my MacBook. A lot of my best work started as a Sketchbook file. Sketchbook for desktop and iPad is a cost-effective way for me to create logos and graphics.

Sketchbook review by Sasank G.
Sasank G.

"absolute fun!"

What do you like best?

i LOVE the pencil. it is probably the main reason i recommend sketchbook pro to my friends. the symmetry tools are great too, and the simplicity of the interface is what makes the software great fun to use! the ability to rotate the canvas, flip canvas, simple use of multiple layers, eazy zooming, and the ability to quickly clear each layer with the touch of a button are in my view great features.

What do you dislike?

the advantage of its simplicity comes at a cost of not being able to perform any major advanced processing functions, but i don't see it as a major disadvantage. in my view i think it does what it's intended to do.... be a sketchbook.

i am a designer. i use sketchbook to create quick ideations so as to come up with an effective solution to design issues. I make simple sketches to get the point across to clients, and this software provides me with that ability.

Sketchbook review by William B.
William B.

"A valuable asset for industrial designer tool bag!"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the flexibility and ability to customize each brush, marker, pen or pencil to my specific need. Once you dial each one in, your work flow become much more natural and fluent. As a whole, I enjoy the simplicity of the tools and the incorporation of Copic Marker color tools to get the "paper and marker sketch" feel even in digital work.

What do you dislike?

There used to be a Sketchbook Designer version that allowed vector drawing. I wish they wouldn't have abandoned this feature!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely browse the internet for tutorials to see how other users set up the brushes and work flow. This is the one aspect of sketchbook that can improve your results. Sketchbook does not do a great job within the application of prompting or assisting with this.

As an industrial designer I use Sketchbook as a tool when developing concepts. I find that working digitally offers quick turn around and edits when dealing with clients. Design problems can often times be solved by a quick sketch and Sketchbook allows me to do just that.

Sketchbook review by Bobby F.
Bobby F.

"Subpar Out of the Box, Can Be AMAZING!"

What do you like best?

Page flipping/sketchbook files. Color/opacity/brush size pucks. General interface. Rulers/guides.

What do you dislike?

Brush settings. Canvas manipulation options (i.e. size/rotation/etc). Interface can get pretty confusing sometimes, i.e. too hard to figure out how to carry out a certain command.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. If you have problems with it, try reaching out to other Sketchbook users for their recommendation. I don't know many people who have LOVED Sketchbook right out of the box - but I do know many who have come to love it, and even create full on pieces in it.

Check out Kyle T Websters brushes for an improved experience. (This applies to anything that Kyle has made brushes for)

Sketchbook helps a lot for on-the-go digital sketching, especially for industrial design or other things that require symmetry and guides. It's very quick to create concepts for production.

If going into full on digital art/painting, I'd recommend only using this for sketching and maybe value studies or quick color tests, as it takes a very long time to get the software to work for you.

Sketchbook review by User in Animation
User in Animation

"Digital Sketching at a minimal, but intuitive level."

What do you like best?

I enjoy the most about AutoDesk Sketchbook Pro is it really feels like you are sketching traditionally like in a paper sketchbook. Even if you are not able to get Sketchbook Pro (which, for the price, I strongly recommend cause it is a great price) you are still able to use the program pretty well. I enjoy using this program to warm up and to just free sketch because there is a lot of room to sketch because the UI is not taking up a lot of space, so if you are using this on a Cintiq 13" or a Microsoft Surface Pro, then you will have ample room to sketch away.

What do you dislike?

The tool menu for the program is very hard to understand at first, but once you get the hang of it, it isn't too bad. Also, the width tool for the brush can be tricky, especially if you have a huge screen, like a Cintiq 27" or an iMac screen, because you have to move slowly to get the size you want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price of this program, I highly recommend this product. It is fun to use and also intuitive on a basic level. Also, the amount of space you get to use to sketch is amazing. I also know of other artists that use this program just like Adobe Photoshop, so there is mass potential to make this you overall digital drawing and rendering tool.

This software makes it easy for me to sketch out concepts and plans easily without having to open Adobe Photoshop. Also, I enjoy doing fast sketches and color comps in this program because of how intuitive the drawing and painting tools are.

User in Graphic Design

"Excellent for sketching Character or Product Designs "

What do you like best?

This software is an excellent tool for sketching and painting. I use it mainly for drawing characters and designs for games. The workflow and UI is fairly simple to get up and running with. A wide range of brush shapes and sizes. Works best when using a tablet. Can use it to create Raster or Vector art.

What do you dislike?

For those used to the Adobe UI, they might have more difficulty breaking old habits in regards to the placement of things in Sketchbook. It might take some getting used to. Gradients don't seem as diverse as with a program like Photoshop. Vector drawing isn't quite the same as using Illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You get the most out of Sketchbook when using a graphics tablet or cintiq. The feel of drawing as if on paper is the main lure of this software.

For R & D of graphics projects, this is a quick option for developing ideas and concepts.

Sketchbook review by Arron D.
Arron D.

"My Skecthbook Experience"

What do you like best?

The program is fluid and responsive to all of your sketching needs. I use a drawing tablet with this program and I have got to say this program has made me a better artist because of the ease of doing things, such as symmetry, copy, zooming in to detailed areas, coloring, and one of my favorites, the distortions. I totally recommend using this as one of your sketching programs.

What do you dislike?

There is not to much to really dislike. It gives you most of your basic needs to do your sketching.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, Its clean, easy and simple to use.

I mostly use sketchbook on my own time but every once in a while I would use it for work and drawing perspectives for city renderings or space.

Sketchbook review by Jorge José G.
Jorge José G.

"Sketchbook Pro is an amazing tool for the creative workflow"

What do you like best?

I love it's simplicity, there is a bit of a learning curve, but once you get the interface it all makes sense: it's intuitive and easy!

It's my weapon of choice for drafting quick ideas and boarding, it feels natural with a tablet and just makes the process of putting down to (digital) paper the ideas i've got in my mind, super easy.

What do you dislike?

I'd love for it to include a bit of more advanced effects or more blending modes, but then again, you can export your compositions to photoshop and give there the final touches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, specially if you want to try digital illustration or come from a drawing background and feel photoshop too stiff.

Mostly boarding for TVCs and for Key Visuals.

Sketchbook review by David B.
David B.

"Great for Ideas, Concept Art, and Technical Sketches"

What do you like best?

The symmetry tool is one of my favourite features. It's simple and comprehensive enough to achieve professional result quickly. This tool is unlike any other drawing apps I've used, particularly on iOS. I'm also a big fan of the airbrush, and pencil brushes. They're a joy to use and feel close to the real thing.

What do you dislike?

I think I'd like to see more guide / perspective grid systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autodesk Sketchbook works really well on iPad Pro with Apple Pencil. I've used other styli but Apple Pencil is a real rival of Wacom styli and used in conjunction with Sketchbook.

It's possible to realise ideas quickly. For scamps or detailed sketches the results are suitable for professional presentations / visualisations.

Sketchbook review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Great sketch tool for iPad Pro "

What do you like best?

It is similiar to photoshop and easy to use. It has lots of pen choices and brushes.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally when you rest your hand while drawing on the iPad the color of the pen changes to white without you intending to. I don’t know why it does this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an easy to use sketching tool that works well with the IPad Pro Pen, this is a great too. You can download and try it free and its only 29.99 per year.

Just a quick way to sketch ideas anywhere and save them.

Sketchbook review by Maxime P.
Maxime P.

"Get the feeling of a pen and paper"

What do you like best?

I think that what get me the most into sketchbook was the easy handling. It is quite fast to get into the software and directly get the most of it. It is a very natural feeling of drawing and for me really gave me the sensation of having a pen and paper, makes you totally forget the digital aspect. In addition I would like to mention the direct symmetry tool. It is reall useful to do plan views and directly catch the stance and the proportions of the sketch. It is very fast, saving time and improve the process.

What do you dislike?

Even if it is easy to get it, it is limited in its aspects. It is really made to draw and way less to render. After getting the sketches you will have to switch on another software

Recommendations to others considering the product

For using this software I would recommand to let flow your hand over the tablet/cintiq. It is really easy to use and the brushes have a nice flow. It is really fluid and natural and so you can have a really nice experience and good surprises along your design process. It is made to experiment, and I would recommand to experiment the mix between the use of curves and the hand sketching. It would permit to get the feeling you want in your sketch and then adjust, correct and precise it.

Maybe one of the thing that make it interesting is obviously its digital aspect. No need of scanning, saving space make the process and workflow faster. It is also permitting to quickly do overlays and switching between softwares.

Sketchbook review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Sketchbook pro vs adobe photoshop"

What do you like best?

I Enjoyed how sketchbook was attempting to be the more paperlike and analog alternative to Photoshop or other drawing programs. Their tools all have a basis in real life artists tools and often work quite how you would expect their real counterparts to work

The symmetry tool is wonderful.

What do you dislike?

I feel that the use of layers could work more smoothly much like how it works in Photoshop. I also prefer Photoshop because of its more generally advanced capabilities, such as filters, color levels, layer properties etc.

I think I can generally tell when a drawing was done and sketchbook whereas with Photoshop it is much easier to vary your style and to create more advanced work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try see how you like it I know some people who use it on a daily basis however at the most professional levels of industrial/automotive design I find that everyone uses Photoshop

I use drawing programs to sketch and design vehicles for major automotive companies. I enjoy programs that help me to draw in a different way that might lead me to creatively invent new forms and shapes. For example the free software 'magics' is good at creating bold, semi random shapes and forms that inspire me and can be turned into an automotive form.

User in Design

"Great way to explore digital sketching and rendering in an intuitive way. "

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the controls you have with toggling and adjustments. These make sketching so much faster and have a great flow to it. There is a lot of room for customization and really exploring different brushes and settings.

What do you dislike?

I do wish I could save out TIFF files sometimes. The program does tend to crash on me time to time when I have larger file setups, but that doesn't stress me too much as it let's me save when this happens, and recovers when the program opens again. I do notice it gets very slow if it has been opened for awhile, but that's expected.

My general process with my illustration work is to draw in sketchbook, then take the lines into Illustrator and vectorize them so that I can have cleaner lines that are scalable for various print sizes or specific commission needs. I can also mess around with different colors in Illustrator or Photoshop.

Sketchbook review by James S.
James S.

"Excellent tool for digital sketching."

What do you like best?

I have tried a great number of sketching applications and this is truly one of the best. Excellent options and tools to improve your digital drawing experience

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if they offered a free/lite version rather than just a 30 day trial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend having a drawing tablet and that you are comfortable with using it. Learning the tablet AND this software at the same time could be a bit daunting.

In the course of designing, when it's necessary to have an authentic drawn feel this bridges the gap between and actual paper drawing that is scanned into the computer and cleaned up.

Sketchbook review by Zachary B.
Zachary B.

"Sketchbook pro"

What do you like best?

Autodesk programs are usually hard to get the hang of, but sketchbook is extremely intuitive and has exellent hot keys!

What do you dislike?

Starting up a new document can be difficult because when you open the program, the page size is set to a random standard. You have to go in separately and adjust it along with the resolution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sketchbook is a great tool for any designer with a drawing tablet of any kind. The versatility of brushes and tools makes it feel like you are drawing on actual paper.

I use this program daily at home and at work to quickly brainstorm and form storm ideas.

User in Design

"A good program for idea generation and quick sketching"

What do you like best?

The pre programmed tools are true to their real life counterparts and the mobile version has all the same bells and whistles for a good price.

What do you dislike?

Using the menus to switch between tools and layers in the mobile version can be a hassle sometimes. For desktop the programs reach does not extendnas far as other programs in terms of power and application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're doing simple design sketching then you probably already know the desktop version of the software is good for that. If you need to do more than just sketch on a desktop go with a more powerful program like photoshop. For mobile use this program is the best one I have found for Android phones for quick sketching and rendering.

The main benefit is really just having a relatively lite program with the ability to sketch quickly digitally with familiar analog tools.

Sketchbook review by Jim T.
Jim T.

"great for quick concept development"

What do you like best?

The line quality and pen accuracy are far superior to Photoshop. The tools (pen, brush ect.) feel very lifelike. This is by far Sketchbooks greatest benefit. The line quality closely resembles using analog drawing tools.

Great for quick sketching but for higher levels of detail I tend to use Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

No layer masks

Layer organization and structure is poor (folders similar to Photoshop may be nice)

Sometimes I will sketch out multiple iterations of a product so being able to separate them out and easily sort through them within one file would be helpful.

Print settings. More flexibility with page size, orientation and scaling would be helpful.

Mirror/Symmetry tool only works at center of screen. This feature needs to be movable.

Pucks and windows sometimes get lost on dual display. A way to re-center the pucks on the canvas would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sketchbook is a wonderful digital sketching tool, but that is the extent of the software. Literally it is a digital equivalent to a pen and paper (plus some additional functionality). I primarily use Photoshop for sketching and rendering however if Sketchbook had a few additional features such as layer masking, layer management, I could use it more as a primary design tool.

Our organization uses this as a conceptualization tool. Some designers use it as a primary sketch tool. Most including myself, treat it as a secondary tool to Photoshop. Ideally it would be more of a hybrid between Photoshop and Sketchbook as it is today. (Photoshop is a bit complex and Sketchbook is a bit basic...somewhere in between would be perfect).

Adding a feature for group brainstorming would be a great business tool.

Sketchbook review by Yohanes H.
Yohanes H.

"Great program for creating quick sketches and final designs. "

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the program. Tools such as the french curves and perspective tools help me quickly come up with designs for logo and tattoo designs.

What do you dislike?

Compared to photoshop and manga studio, it lacks a couple of powerful features such as filters and 3D tools. I would love for the program to introduce a 3D tool to help designers and artists create simple models for game assets. It could increase it's potential highly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a simple and effective program for everyone. I would highly recommend beginners and anyone who would love to get into digital painting to give this program a try. It's less intimidating than photoshop and manga studios.

To illustrate comps and storyboards in as little as 5 minutes during creative meetings with coworkers, art directors and project managers. I can quickly communicate my visuals with coworkers and this makes production work go a lot smoother.

Sketchbook review by Mark Allan K.
Mark Allan K.

"Wonderful digital Sketchbook with layered interface for both novice and pro"

What do you like best?

I love the interface. It is simple on the surface for the novice and just under the surface there is a wealth of professional capacities.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Sketchbook is the choice of canvas size and shape could be a little more graceful and intuitive.

The benefits of Sketchbook are numerous but for me the biggest benefit is to have a digital sketchbook that does not get in the way of the creative process through its layered interface, from a clean and simple basic canvas to more complex tools under the hood that are easy and intuitive to get to and use.

Sketchbook review by laura c.
laura c.

"I am a designer and all-round creative. Figure the project out trough the sketch is essential"

What do you like best?

It is a very ummediate and intuitive tool. It makes you to have a complete range of sketching tools, without an invasive interface: your canvas is very wide if compared with other softwares,and the tool using is very intuitive (thickness,color and other tool properties). Not least i think also the beginner users can have inmediatly the perception of the software's potential. You have at once the feeling that the levels can really help in your work, as if you draw on transparent stacked sheets.

What do you dislike?

I think that the secondary tool view can be even more improved

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful sketching tool.Rely on your instinct and you will use it properly!

It allow you to see separate levels,as if they began to different steps of production (for product designers). Furthermore there are infinite possibility to play with shades and it becomes easy

Sketchbook review by Agency in Graphic Design
Agency in Graphic Design

"Great for just quick concepts"

What do you like best?

I like that sketchbook makes separate apps that are tablet friendly. Pencils and inks are pretty good in the latest version, but I still think that it is difficult to achieve a higher level of Illustration in little time with the other bushes.

What do you dislike?

Watercolor and oils are not as good as Photoshop or Corel.

I also wish that sketchbook can some how apply the same room in engine the way made with mischief does.

Infinite canvas is one of my wish list for this app.

Sketchook is clean when it comes to UI and it embraces the fact that we are moving to digital illustration with the rise of tablet computers coming in to the market.

"Okay Sketching App"

What do you like best?

Sketchbook is easy, intuitive and has a great interface. It's a light and fast program as well. For quick sketches, it's awesome.

What do you dislike?

The variety of brushes and customization options are not as impressive as other apps. My main tool in my office is Photoshop and the Procreate app is what comes closest to Photoshop, so Procreate is my main go-to when I can't work on Photoshop. I haven't found Sketchbook to have the tools I need to produce finished art.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want something light and easy to use for sketching, use Sketchbook. If you want something to be able to produce sketches all the way through to final art, use Procreate.

Sketchbook solves the problem when a quick sketch is needed. It's quick and intuitive, those are its main benefits.

Sketchbook review by Jim Ryan Z.
Jim Ryan Z.

"Autodesk Sketchbook: A Good Mobile Experience"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Autodesk Sketchbook is the Pen Pressure Sensitivity it has when sketching stuff on the application. It helps in making the experience better through this providing a realistic experience like drawing on a piece of paper.

What do you dislike?

It's currently lacking in features right now. Some products, offers features Autodesk makes you pay for free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good product and for the price to pay, it is worth it

It solved the problem of having to buy a real graphics tablet for me to use. What I have now on my tablet using Autodesk is enough for me right now. It allowed me to make the best of the tablet I bought, the Galaxy Note 2014 Edition and it helped me earn a living through using the product.

User in Graphic Design

"The best basic Sketch program I've found. LOVE."

What do you like best?

I love the ease that the illustrator can work among numbers of layers. Layers can be intimidating at first - Sketchbook makes it understandable. I also am addicted to coloring in sketchbook. Sometimes I use it as a stopgap before tossing more intricate projects up on AI or Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

The ONLY thing Idislike is that it does not render in CMYK color. lot of publishing houses will not work with RGB coloring. That's where supplementing with Photoshop is handy.

When my Adobe Illustrator proved a huge learning curve and I had little time, I fell back on Sketchbook and Photoshop. They are more user-friendly and rookie-friendly.

Sketchbook review by Mekeisha M.
Mekeisha M.

"Essential software for designers"

What do you like best?

Uncluttered interface makes it uncomplicated and allows you to dive straight in with creative work. It's great for concept work- you can begin sketches and paintings and then import it into a more powerful software tool. It also supports layers.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have differ types of canvases such as textured paper and needs more adjustment layers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's best to use when coming up with ideas or digital painting on the go. It's uncluttered so you don't get bogged down with loads of tools and brushes and it gives lots of room for experimentation. It's great for jumping straight in and creating without having to think too much. You can also import reference images.

It's great for simple paintings and design work.

Sketchbook review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Awesome mobile sketching platform"

What do you like best?

While not as profound as apps like Procreate on Ipad - Sketch proves to be a great tool for sketching out ideas and working on multilayered pieces.

What do you dislike?

Could use a more user-friendly UI. I find at times that I'm hampered in process by having to navigate to the gallery in a janky manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price! Give it a try!

As a filmmaker, I'm involved in the process from start to finish. Working on concept art is crucial in pre-production in order to establish the aesthetic of the project. Sketchbook acts as just that. When I'm out an about - I have a comprehensive tool in which to develop ideas as the inspiration comes.

"Awesome product"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to do AMAZING illustrations. Super professional and easy to use.

I love this way more after using psd before.

What do you dislike?

I get lazy and sometimes I wish there's pre created sketches for me to color on

Recommendations to others considering the product

Illustrators would love this product

Usually side gigs for decorations/ print purposes and just for fun!

Sketchbook review by Syafiq M.
Syafiq M.

"Fast, easy and amazing sketching tool."

What do you like best?

The smooth and sensitivity of the stroke line, almost as real as using pencil to sketch.

What do you dislike?

Color blending, its not good as other painting software. It doesn't blending correctly between two color when it intersect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You better use it, its way more faster than using conventional technique. Its produce almost same effect as conventional technique using pen or color markers. Moreover, its paper free.

Well, its help me sketching faster then before.

Sketchbook review by Vanessa V.
Vanessa V.

"Designing with sketchbook"

What do you like best?

Is awesome how much it resembles, when you draw with a paper and pencil, you get that real sketch-feel.

What do you dislike?

Lags too much, ocasionally the canvas flips without you doing it, I would appreciate it if the brushes you recently used were saved in the toolbar

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will 100% recommend this if you want that mix between digital&hand drawing. Very friendly to use!

I've been using this for all my illustration projects,

Sketchbook review by Kyle G.
Kyle G.

"A Wonderful Basic Sketch Program"

What do you like best?

I love the templates the best. Being able to use ellipses, angles and rulers to achieve exact lines. Other programs could use these tools.

What do you dislike?

The lines which are supposed to be ink lines never come out as crisp as you'd hope they would for character/comic inking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play with it and experiment as much as possible before using on client projects. Make sure you know the ins and outs as much as you can for ease of use.

Fast production value for quick turn around projects. I have a fast pace job when character design clients come in and sketchbook pro helps me realize my deadlines with quality.

Sketchbook review by Christopher T.
Christopher T.

"I've liked every moment of using Sketchbook"

What do you like best?

I like how responsive the program is to my Wacom tablet and stylus.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the mobile app isn't closer to the PC program. I would really like to use the Flip Book function on my tablet.

I started to use Sketchbook to cut back on my usage of drawing notebook and to increase my output speed on illustrations.

Sketchbook review by Gabriel D.
Gabriel D.

"I always use it for creation of characters, drawing comics and other sketches"

What do you like best?

The interface its really intutitive and it works really fast.

What do you dislike?

maybe the brushes menu, Im not a big fan of it, I suppose it can be better if its easier to change betwen brushes.

I made illustrations using the sofware, always use it because its faster than others, also its simplier.

Sketchbook review by Mary L.
Mary L.

"Functional but basic"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for new user of wacom android drawing tablet.

What do you dislike?

Not enough features. As A photoshop user, I find myself wishing for more expandability on the android version of this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The android version of this software leaves much to be desired. Few features & little to no ability to find support via Autodesk or forums.

Concept sketching. Some presentation work.

Sketchbook review by George B.
George B.

"Sketchbook by George Bloise Pro Digital Illustrator "

What do you like best?

The best program for concept design. I like rules and symmetric

What do you dislike?

I would like more ways to save & esxport my work .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sketchbook It is the best program to work with concepts design and architectural design.

Sketchbook on my iPad Pro is very important for my business.

Sketchbook review by Ludmar R.
Ludmar R.

"Good and simple just like a real Sketchbook"

What do you like best?

Easy to use

Really gives the look and feel of paper and Pen/pencil to your art

Totally compatible to Wacom tablets

What do you dislike?

It gets a kind heavy when you activate Canvas rotation feature

Training drawing and painting skills

Producing digital art with classic and handmade appearence

"Great Program!"

What do you like best?

The interface is really intuitive and you learn your way around very quickly. The sensitivity and line width you get is really natural and the feeling of moving from paper to Sketchbook is seamless.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything, even being nit picky. It works great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a good tablet so that you can really appreciate the great feel of the Sketchbook tools

I'm a freelance illustrator so being able to make changes to sketches on the fly is super important. When working with new clients it's always nice to dress up the initial sketches a little more until they're familiar with how you work and Sketchbook is a huge help for pulling that off quickly.

Sketchbook review by Erica H.
Erica H.

"Great for drawing. Needs improvements"

What do you like best?

The symmetry tool is excellent for fashion design

What do you dislike?

The fact that you can't free transform an object you drew

I use it to draw fashion designs. I love the symmetry tool that allows me to draw a perfectly symmetrical garment

Sketchbook review by User in Sporting Goods
User in Sporting Goods

"Efficient Sketching Program"

What do you like best?

The quickness and ease you are able to generate sketches.

What do you dislike?

The difficulty to export high quality files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sketchbook Pro is a much better software. The ability to work in vector and export at a much higher quality is a huge advantage over just regular sketchbook.

Rapid concept generation for various projects and purposes. The use of layers in a sketching program allows you to lay down a nice base sketch and then work concepts over it very quickly.

"Autodesk Sketchbook Pro"

What do you like best?

It's the program that gets the closest paper to pen line work and feel natural. Also the interface is easy to understand fast unlike other programs and the tools are simple to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints really so far my experience has been positive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its an easy program to pick up why not give it a try

The benefits are i am able to offer a style to clients now that seems like traditional sketching

Sketchbook review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Quickly sketch concepts"

What do you like best?

Lots of features to quickly sketch things out. Has a lot of pretty advanced drawing capabilities compared to other sketching software

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot that I don't like about it - works as intended.

Quickly sketch presentable concepts

Sketchbook review by Marco S.
Marco S.

"a sketch for everything"

What do you like best?

It is a easy way to sketch using computer to obtain professional sketches to use dor you project presentations

What do you dislike?

It's not well organized and explained on the first opening

Recommendations to others considering the product

watch some tutorial before to start to use it

User in Graphic Design

"Great tool for sketching"

What do you like best?

Sketchbook is easy to use and it works great with stylus (I have Samsung Galaxy tab pro). It is handy when it comes to quickly sketch an idea, but I have completed entire paintings with it too.

What do you dislike?

It really does what it says. Some tools are a bit clumsy, but with a little practice it works fine.

I am not solving any business problems. I'm not sure I understand the question

Sketchbook review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"Sketchbook for iPad. "

What do you like best?

The amount of tools available of the app. There’s not too much to be overwhelming, but just enough for most project needs.

What do you dislike?

The color tool is sometimes difficult to use. It’s not as intuitive as it could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The basic app comes with a large variety of tools. Additional tools can be cheaply bought. You can buy as much or as little as you may need.

Sketching ideas for larger works.

Sketchbook review by User in Higher Education

"Very nice, easy to use, and mobile friendly"

What do you like best?

Lots of tools, sketching layers, support for pressure sensitive pen

What do you dislike?

There're no option for blending such smudge. Need it for future update

Recommendations to others considering the product

The pencil features are enough already for quick sketch. If detailed sketch are needed other tools support it as well.

Usually needs to do a quick concept sketch for product concept and with sketchbook i can do it quickly in front of customers

"Intuitive but restraining"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn and use. it look me only a few minutes to navigate the interface and get up to speed on all settin s and controls.

What do you dislike?

It does not emulate analog drawing well. Rulers must be used for clean lines which require dragging and repositioning for each sketch stroke and it's placement.

Complex design problems surrounding first response safety and developing technology.

Sketchbook review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Sketchbook pro review"

What do you like best?

Usage of the interface is comfortable. I also like to use steady stroke took for inking and drawing smooth lines.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have enough brushes to paint. And you can't make comfy and intended selections with selection tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use just for sketching. The software has more potential. And could be more.

I am using sketchbook for my line art.

Sketchbook review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"A great tool for replicating 2D effects and a powerful mobile tool"

What do you like best?

Flexibility in tools, brushes and pens. Great interface, syncs up perfectly with drawing tablet or stylus

What do you dislike?

The Artboard can feel disorganized without a grid or edge of drawing surface. File management tools are not strong and are a bit lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the free trial to test out before purchasing!

Quick sketches can be easily shared with clients. Great for more time-intensive renders if necessary.

Sketchbook review by Nathanial H.
Nathanial H.

"Great resourse when inspiration strikes!"

What do you like best?

the number of tools the app has available

What do you dislike?

Im not really sure there is anythin. It does everything I need it to do.

The app is great for sketching out ideas and sharing them easily. I have used it a lot for shooting small film projects and sketching out shots quickly when there is a change that needs made on the fly.

Sketchbook review by Arian N.
Arian N.

"Good for starters"

What do you like best?

- Ease of use

- Intuitive

- Optimal tactile use

What do you dislike?

- No high quality export

- Number of layers

- Not enough tools

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool with limitations.

It was for personal use, my touch pad tests.

I was looking primarily a software to replace Photoshop on a touch pad, but I could not satisfy my needs.

Sketchbook review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

"It's decent, but can get better!"

What do you like best?

I like the options it gives for layers, brushes, and color palates.

What do you dislike?

The UI interface is a bit busy and outdated looking, and not as intuitive as I like. Being able to find brushes, brush sizes, and fixing their opacity will be better.

The benefit is in having the app for work or for personal time.

Sketchbook review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Best freehand sketch software "

What do you like best?

What I like the best is the real feeling of being drawing on a paper added to having several tools to make every draw very precise and accurate.

What do you dislike?

Something that I dislike because its only avaliable in the Sketchbook Designer software is the inability of transform drawings into vectors, when you are sketching this can be a huge help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get Sketchbook if you are looking for a quick sketching-high responsive software, the variety of tools and brushes will save you time and money.

Industrial and graphic design problems, quick sketching problems, etc.

Sketchbook review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"Sketchbook is the Very Best!"

What do you like best?

Easy to create and develop the foundation work for digital art images. Being profficient at AutoCAD for years....I felt at home with Sketchbook Pro.

What do you dislike?

There is no dislikes got this software. Oh maybe one thing...how about offering version 7 pro for a good price instead of offering it as a subscription.

Selling my artwork with real people and not selling on internet where people all day long stole my images instead of paying fot them. Benefits is I am now a profficient and above average artist because of autodesk Sketchbook Pro.

Sketchbook review by User

"Great for the quick creation of graphics for our news site"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, available as a monthly subscription and its flexibility.

What do you dislike?

Great for basic use but if you want to do advance graphics - additional brushes etc can mean the costs add up

We were looking a simple piece of software that allows us to create simple graphic on the fly, with out going out to a designer. Sketchbook really solves that problem - don't know how we would have solved it otherwise.

Sketchbook review by Internal Consultant in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Internal Consultant in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Fantastic Interface, some shortcomings"

What do you like best?

The layout is intuitive and fairly easy to pick up. The brush options have ease of adjustment and flow well.

What do you dislike?

The brushes should be customizable, it would be great to be able to add to the program's repertoire.

Design problems, custom illustration, etc.

This program is great for illustration.

Sketchbook review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"good software for quick designs"

What do you like best?

ease of use with this software. not hard to learn at all

What do you dislike?

does not always import into other software perfectly

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is a good product for quick work that is not super detailed.

this is a perfect tool for quick napkin sketches that will have a ton more informaiton than those old napkins did

User in Design

"very handy, user friendly!"

What do you like best?

easy to use, easy accessible and dumb proof

What do you dislike?

button of the icon might be too small to interact with ease.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you want to do digital sketching and save the environment from global warming. choose this :)

I was able to do up a quick sketch and show it to client within minutes. My client was very impressed with my productivity and spontaneous.

Sketchbook review by Administrator

"Great for sketching"

What do you like best?

Sketch strokes... Ability to make ellipses and curves using templates

What do you dislike?

No shortcut to flip canvas horizontal.. Big fault.. Consumes a lot of time to manually flip images

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/a

Sketching before rendering on photoshop

Sketchbook review by Zain N.
Zain N.

"Your digital sketchbook on the go. Must have!"

What do you like best?

Fluid workflow, intuitive UI/UX, Fluid.

What do you dislike?

Harder for newcomers to switch from Ps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More intuitive experience design.

Very easy to use on the go, the primary sketching app on mobile and tablet.

Sketchbook review by User in Arts and Crafts
User in Arts and Crafts

"Sketchbook"

What do you like best?

It's great is for warming up with a tablet.

What do you dislike?

Sketchbook doesn't seem to be very useful for anything other than practice or fooling around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would do some serious research into Sketchbook in order to determine whether or not this product will meet your needs.

I would love to utilize Sketchbook for illustrations, but I haven't figured out a true use for it yet.

Sketchbook review by User in Arts and Crafts
User in Arts and Crafts

"Soft shades"

What do you like best?

Sketchbook is a great program, its best feature is the copics pallete.

What do you dislike?

I think the lack of size of painting change possibility, because just being able to work in one size sucks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great ptogram to have in mobile devices and for learning users.

The best benefit is the copics pallete.

Sketchbook review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Design student "

What do you like best?

Quick easy switching between tools. Symmetry. Easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it doesn't look like a real pencil sketch. Needs to look more like a real sketch. Maybe texture is not convincing enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy. I would highly recommend.

Creating designs. It's is very to easy to work quick.

User in Design

"Amazing products, a one in all software that helps in every way and gets the job done"

What do you like best?

The versatility of choice of its brush and pencils and most importantly the Copic marker effect is the best

What do you dislike?

Ui not that colorful.. Can become more attractive

Easy to use and quick to render

Sketchbook review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"easy to use"

What do you like best?

it can look like watercolor or sketch or anything

What do you dislike?

not enough features in the free version

n/a

Learning about Sketchbook?

* We monitor all Sketchbook reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.