Skillshare

3.8

Skillshare is a learning community for creators. Enroll in classes and complete projects that unlock your creativity.

Work for Skillshare?

Learning about Skillshare?

Skillshare Reviews

Showing 18 Skillshare reviews
Skillshare review by Michaela P.
Michaela P.

"Great website to learn anything!"

What do you like best?

I love Skillshare for it's variety of classes they offer. You can learn anything from knitting, to cooking, writing, logo design, analytics, photography, and so on. The platform has thousands of classes on any topic you can think of. The classes are taught by business owners, freelancers, and people loving what they teach about which is a nice change when you compare it to classes at your school where some teachers seem like they don't really care about the topic they teach.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see the bad classes removed, but there are not too many of these. Most people make quite good classes. I'd say that most of them are even above average. You can't really go wrong for the money you pay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't find a cheaper solution with the amount of classes Skillshare offers. They run promotions all the time and you can get 3 months for free or $0.99 and after that pay around $10/month - it's even cheaper when you prepay for the whole year. Most of the classes are taught very well by professionals in the industry. The classes are short and tackle particular skills. You can't go wrong with trying out Skillshare.

Skillshare is a platform that provides very inexpensive education. The classes are usually short and you learn specific skills. Every class should include a project where you immediately put your new skills to work. You can get feedback from your classmates and the teacher as well. You can even win prizes sometimes. It's a great community that offers help from others in addition to the skills you learn by watching the videos.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Skillshare
Skillshare review by Kate P.
Kate P.

"Massive Streaming Issues"

What do you like best?

I love the concept and have found a few classes I like.

What do you dislike?

The platform seems to have streaming issues. Both the website and the Android app take forever to load and frequently stall. I've tried on several devices, so it's not a device or browser issue, and I can watch Netflix and YouTube with no issues or stall at all, so it isn't my internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's marvelous if they'd fix their user experience, but as it is, I most certainly will not be buying a full membership when my trial period is up.

I am so excited to learn new skills to use at work and in hobbies.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

Skillshare review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Skills for creatives"

What do you like best?

I like the wide variety of courses that are available in many different areas that support creatives in business. The fact that you can take courses on digitizing watercolor painting alongside how to structure your business is really handy!

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to know what the course actually entails - the syllabus doesn't seem to be very detailed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend doing a free month/signing up for a monthly plan until you know that you'll get value out of an annual membership. There are a lot of courses to sift through, which can be great, but it's helpful to have a good understanding of what you actually need to learn before jumping in.

It's a fun way to see things that are popular that you may not have thought "I need to know this" and shows you what people are interested in. This helps to tailor other content and ideas.

Skillshare review by Amanda D.
Amanda D.

"A terrific tool for self-educating!"

What do you like best?

There is SUCH a wide array of skills and topics covered in some form or another. And the team does a great job of maintaining high-quality content from the instructors and their presentations. I also really like the class suggestions - I've found many that I'm very interested in simply because they've been suggested based on my interests. Awesome!

What do you dislike?

I have not yet come across anything that I do not like yet. I guess I'd like to see more in-person classes/workshops in the Denver area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for self-education tools, this is a great one! The class/workshop selection is robust and the ability to tune in when you have the time is super convenient.

The need for continued education in this digital age is tremendous. Skillshare makes it easy to learn new skills by providing classes and workshops in an on-demand setting for busy professionals.

Skillshare review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Skillshare is a solid way to teach and learn on an e-platform"

What do you like best?

Whether you're using Skillshare as a platform to teach or as a learner, it is a easy to navigate and utilize tool. It offers a variety of classes that can be used in the classroom or to learn yourself. It also offers the ability for you to upload your own classes.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little tricky to navigate all the classes that are offered. There could be a better set up for organizing/categorizing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to create a flipped classroom type course, this can be a really effective tool, but only users can access your classes.

This allows for flipping the classroom in a very effective way. It let me create individualized learning and allowed me to continue learning skills to share within my own classroom.

Skillshare review by Anand C.
Anand C.

"Easy to use learning platform"

What do you like best?

I've enrolled in multiple classes on Skillshare and I've found the platform pretty easy to use and reliable. I was also able to communicate with the instructors via the platform, which is a plus.

What do you dislike?

I don't see a way to communicate with other students who have taken the same classes that I have. That would have been useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth a shot. Check their built-in tools to see if they have got everything you need for your specific use case.

The business problem this platform solves is the need for continuous learning and improvement. All of our team members, senior leadership included, need to learn new skills every few months. The main benefit of Skillshare is that it provides this continuous improvement/learning in bite-sized chunks of 15 minutes each.

Skillshare review by Michael A.
Michael A.

"Lots of great ideas "

What do you like best?

I love the multiple different categories and options for learning new skills, refreshing old ones, trying different challenges, and the student project galleries. Whenever I'm just looking for a new idea or a fresh take on an old one, skillshare is definitely one of the stops that I take to get the creative juices flowing.

What do you dislike?

I would like more options for advance/expert level tutorials and workshops, as well as more ... just many many more classes. In the design world there are always the "basic" tutorials out there but skillshare has really proven itself in finding either new tutorials or new ways to present older information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From beginner to advanced tutorials, skillshare finds top notch "teachers" in a plethora of fields to get you going on your next project.

I primarily use skillshare to spark a different take toward a new project and sometimes often find answers to questions that I didn't even know that I had. Some of the classes are a bit basic when it comes to design but the more advanced stuff is definitely worth the time and effort.

Skillshare review by Yolande Christelle D.
Yolande Christelle D.

"Skillshare is a scam. "

What do you like best?

I though I was going to have access to high quality instructional videos, which they offer pretty good teases of but the actual content was below satisfactory.

What do you dislike?

They have predatory billing practices and have just stolen $100 for a service I did not request. They also are not responsive. At all. It really has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't sign up for this service. They will charge you and subscribe you to services you did not request. They are taking advantage of your credit card information.

None. I have more problems now that I'm a $100 poorer!

Skillshare review by User in Higher Education

"Great website to build your skills"

What do you like best?

I love the teachers who have put their experience/expertise in a specific subject into a video format. I also love how the lessons are broken up so you can jump back to rewatch a video for references or come back and complete the lesson later on. I also enjoyed how there were emails that showed recommended courses!

What do you dislike?

Being a student I was not a fan of the pricing of the product. It does cost $100 for the subscription up front, but I think it would be better to have a type of monthly subscription plan to help ease the financial burden of a student.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the different types of videos. You never know if some of those skills can come in handy later on. I definitely loved the photography video lectures!

There are a lot of videos that are introductory, which can help build a foundation for a specific area. As well as multiple other videos to help build up your soft skills, such as leadership and organizational. I find that it's sometimes hard to really pinpoint what you need help with when it comes to soft skills and having video references are great for people who don't know exactly how to start to improve those skills or who don't have the opportunity to work on them.

Skillshare review by User

"Great for Creative Minds"

What do you like best?

I like the rating system. This helps me determine the usefulness of a video set. I also like how Skillshare is constantly expanding it's catalogue and categories of interest. It's definitely not just for artists -- this is for creative learners. I like the user-contributed project galleries because I find it inspiring to see what other people have done after taking a course. I also like how they have an app so that I can continue videos on the go.

What do you dislike?

Some of the courses are not well-vetted. That's why the reviews are helpful. Some of the courses do not have high-quality presenters or they are poorly made and edited. While I know Skillshare is trying to get more content, I do believe they should have some threshold for quality of courses. Although, there are PLENTY of courses that have excellent, interesting presenters with great quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for inspirational ideas for creatives.

It's helpful for me to learn new skills on an individual level.

Skillshare review by Amber E.
Amber E.

"I use these classes for growth marketing, random DIY projects and art and writing classes."

What do you like best?

The diversity of courses offered. You can find something about anything. You can also play the classes at 2x speed so you can take an hour long class is 30 minutes which can be super helpful if it is something you just want to get the bullet points from.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to enroll in the course to see all of the videos. Some of the teachers are not legitimate, and you can mostly sort through that with the reviews, but its nice to not have to enroll in a course to find out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a great free trial : three months for .99 cents. It allows you to get a feel for what classes are offered and the kind of teachers on the site. Three months is enough time for even the busiest of people to find some time to take a few classes: Again, using the 1.5x or 2x speed to go through them a little faster when crunched for time. More people should search for consistent self improvement.

I have learned a lot about growth, especially in terms of social media. What kind of content to share and how to manage it.

Skillshare review by User in Higher Education

"Pricey, but quality on-the-go learning"

What do you like best?

Skillshare has done an amazing job providing a very wide variety of tech and non-tech centered courses. The quality and range of content is exactly what I was looking for. They also run very good marketing campaigns, allowing new users to use a one month free trial before subscribing.

What do you dislike?

There is no discount for students, and there is no structure that allows you to subscribe at different price points. If you don't want to pay $99 for the unlimited plan, there is no cheaper option (although they do offer some free abbreviated courses).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial to try before you commit to the full price.

Skillshare has allowed me to learn how to better my illustration skills, and helped me learn new skills in Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects.

Skillshare review by Stephanie N.
Stephanie N.

"Learning with Skillshare"

What do you like best?

I like the price and many of the courses

What do you dislike?

More free courses should be available on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to see more free versions so that anyone who can afford the site can still learn from the site.

Skillshare gives you access to many courses at a great price. I also like that skillshare also gives professionals or experts the option of making money off there own course. I also like the price and the video formats because it's easy to use.

Skillshare review by Joseph D.
Joseph D.

"Descent Leanring Platform"

What do you like best?

There are some interesting classes in a variety of different areas.

What do you dislike?

I had a problematic charge dispute with the company. Fortunately I was given a full refund thanks to the customer service at SkillShare. Make sure you follow up with the company if you feel as though you were charged unfairly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reconsider

It allows for a bit of crowd-sourced education in a number of areas, with some good classes here and there.

Skillshare review by Melissa D.
Melissa D.

"Limited Use / Fairly Helpful"

What do you like best?

Affordable and easy to use with a wide variety of topics.

What do you dislike?

Not as in-depth as you can get with training you pay more for... which makes sense.

Trying to learn to use the InDesign tool. It's not very intuitive for me since I've always been a Microsoft Office user rather than an Adobe suite user. The course I took gave a good high-level overview, which I then used as the basis for more in-depth training later.

Skillshare review by User in Higher Education

"I love the wide variety"

What do you like best?

I love Skillshare because there are such a wide variety of lessons and videos to learn from and really helped me hone my skills.

What do you dislike?

It got a little pricey for me and unfortunately I had to stop using it.

I am running a greeting card business and it helped to hone my skills of hand lettering, digitizing my work, and illustration.

Skillshare review by User

"Liked Skillshare"

What do you like best?

I liked that I could communicate with instructors though email.

What do you dislike?

I heard that all of the instructors are not licensed, or even involved in their profession for a long period of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would focus on hiring teachers with more experience.

I question the quality a bit. I was hoping for more personalized one-on-one contact.

Skillshare review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great tool for learning with many options"

What do you like best?

The variety of offerings and easy to follow videos.

What do you dislike?

Not much to complain about but one of the classes I wanted to sign up for was no longer available. Would love to be able to access archived material.

Used outside of work for personal development and skill building.

Learning about Skillshare?

* We monitor all Skillshare reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.