Skillshare

Skillshare is a learning community for creators. Enroll in classes and complete projects that unlock your creativity.

Work for Skillshare?

Learning about Skillshare?

Skillshare Reviews

Showing 18 Skillshare reviews
Skillshare review by <span>Michaela P.</span>
Michaela P.

"Great website to learn anything!"

What do you like best?

I love Skillshare for it's variety of classes they offer. You can learn anything from knitting, to cooking, writing, logo design, analytics, photography, and so on. The platform has thousands of classes on any topic you can think of. The classes are taught by business owners, freelancers, and people loving what they teach about which is a nice change when you compare it to classes at your school where some teachers seem like they don't really care about the topic they teach.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see the bad classes removed, but there are not too many of these. Most people make quite good classes. I'd say that most of them are even above average. You can't really go wrong for the money you pay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't find a cheaper solution with the amount of classes Skillshare offers. They run promotions all the time and you can get 3 months for free or $0.99 and after that pay around $10/month - it's even cheaper when you prepay for the whole year. Most of the classes are taught very well by professionals in the industry. The classes are short and tackle particular skills. You can't go wrong with trying out Skillshare.

Skillshare is a platform that provides very inexpensive education. The classes are usually short and you learn specific skills. Every class should include a project where you immediately put your new skills to work. You can get feedback from your classmates and the teacher as well. You can even win prizes sometimes. It's a great community that offers help from others in addition to the skills you learn by watching the videos.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Skillshare
Skillshare review by <span>Kate P.</span>
Kate P.

"Massive Streaming Issues"

What do you like best?

I love the concept and have found a few classes I like.

What do you dislike?

The platform seems to have streaming issues. Both the website and the Android app take forever to load and frequently stall. I've tried on several devices, so it's not a device or browser issue, and I can watch Netflix and YouTube with no issues or stall at all, so it isn't my internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's marvelous if they'd fix their user experience, but as it is, I most certainly will not be buying a full membership when my trial period is up.

I am so excited to learn new skills to use at work and in hobbies.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

Skillshare review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Skills for creatives"

What do you like best?

I like the wide variety of courses that are available in many different areas that support creatives in business. The fact that you can take courses on digitizing watercolor painting alongside how to structure your business is really handy!

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to know what the course actually entails - the syllabus doesn't seem to be very detailed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend doing a free month/signing up for a monthly plan until you know that you'll get value out of an annual membership. There are a lot of courses to sift through, which can be great, but it's helpful to have a good understanding of what you actually need to learn before jumping in.

It's a fun way to see things that are popular that you may not have thought "I need to know this" and shows you what people are interested in. This helps to tailor other content and ideas.

Skillshare review by <span>Amanda D.</span>
Amanda D.

"A terrific tool for self-educating!"

What do you like best?

There is SUCH a wide array of skills and topics covered in some form or another. And the team does a great job of maintaining high-quality content from the instructors and their presentations. I also really like the class suggestions - I've found many that I'm very interested in simply because they've been suggested based on my interests. Awesome!

What do you dislike?

I have not yet come across anything that I do not like yet. I guess I'd like to see more in-person classes/workshops in the Denver area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for self-education tools, this is a great one! The class/workshop selection is robust and the ability to tune in when you have the time is super convenient.

The need for continued education in this digital age is tremendous. Skillshare makes it easy to learn new skills by providing classes and workshops in an on-demand setting for busy professionals.

Skillshare review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Skillshare is a solid way to teach and learn on an e-platform"

What do you like best?

Whether you're using Skillshare as a platform to teach or as a learner, it is a easy to navigate and utilize tool. It offers a variety of classes that can be used in the classroom or to learn yourself. It also offers the ability for you to upload your own classes.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little tricky to navigate all the classes that are offered. There could be a better set up for organizing/categorizing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to create a flipped classroom type course, this can be a really effective tool, but only users can access your classes.

This allows for flipping the classroom in a very effective way. It let me create individualized learning and allowed me to continue learning skills to share within my own classroom.

Skillshare review by <span>Anand C.</span>
Anand C.

"Easy to use learning platform"

What do you like best?

I've enrolled in multiple classes on Skillshare and I've found the platform pretty easy to use and reliable. I was also able to communicate with the instructors via the platform, which is a plus.

What do you dislike?

I don't see a way to communicate with other students who have taken the same classes that I have. That would have been useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth a shot. Check their built-in tools to see if they have got everything you need for your specific use case.

The business problem this platform solves is the need for continuous learning and improvement. All of our team members, senior leadership included, need to learn new skills every few months. The main benefit of Skillshare is that it provides this continuous improvement/learning in bite-sized chunks of 15 minutes each.

Learning about Skillshare?

* We monitor all Skillshare reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.