SkillSurvey

SkillSurvey

SkillSurvey excels in online reference checking, sourcing and credentialing, providing immediately useful insights to help employers make better hiring decisions. Its cloud-based solutions answer vital questions that help organizations hire the right people for every role. SkillSurvey makes the referencing, sourcing and credentialing process more efficient and effective — helping employers save time and money, grow revenues, and bring employees onboard faster.

Work for SkillSurvey?

Learning about SkillSurvey?

SkillSurvey Reviews

Ask SkillSurvey a Question
Showing 93 SkillSurvey reviews
SkillSurvey review by <span>JT B.</span>
JT B.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Great product if you can break old habits

What do you like best?

saves time by putting responsibility on the applicant and the reference to complete... well... the reference.

What do you dislike?

it is hard to break old habits of people. this process requires a decent amount of consistency to be truly effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will get so much out of SkillSurvey if you establish consistent processes to daily work the system. Uploading information of applicants to invite to fulfill the reference information in the system. Sending reminders to applicants as well as reminders to references. Followup with references, thanking and especially addressing those who wish to know more about your business as a potential lead for more business. Also, "filing"... closing out the records so it cleans up the database will make it much easier to maintain. If you establish this as a requirement, with followup phone calls to those who perform references thanking them for their time and assuring them that their contributions remain anonymous... this can turn into a gold mine of new business leads... As a lead generation tool, what more could you hope for than warm leads provided to you while you "sleep"... This product provides that kind of flexibility allowing the references to answer and respond, while commuting, while at home watching football, while lying awake in bed. Anytime day or night from anywhere. And without the regular business day distractions, I believe it provides more useful information.

It does provide reference information more quickly, and i believe more completely.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SkillSurvey
SkillSurvey review by <span>Ashley Y.</span>
Ashley Y.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Easy and convinient access to relevent questions

What do you like best?

That we can really drill down on proficiency in specific skill sets and areas that are vital to the position.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I struggle to find a set of questions that fits the position perfectly and the process to create my own survey is not as simple as I wish it were - it is possible though so that is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use this service in place of calling personal/professional references on a new hire. It allows us to get a great grasp on the employees strengths and weaknesses. It is certainly worth checking out if you are considering streamlining your processes.

This saves us a lot of time in reaching out to references - references also tend to be more forthcoming when they realize that the questions are in an electronic format and that it is anonymous.

What Reference Check solution do you use?

SkillSurvey review by <span>Len B.</span>
Len B.

Exceeded expectations

What do you like best?

Skill survey really delivers in ease of setting up references and receiving reports back on a timely basis. Most importantly, it has highlighted red flags in candidate behaviors that traditional phone references do not. SkillSurvey claims that references are more open with their ratings and I have found this to be true. The one time a manager rationalized a candidate received less than stellar reference, we had to let the employee go within their first three months. Employees weak behavior was consistent with the references

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The program is very easy to use and one is able to validate IP addresses to ensure a candidate is not writing the references his/herself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not an either/or proposition. There is nothing that prevents you from following up by phone with references after you receive a report. There is choice.

We want to hire the right talent and have found this to be a great aid. We find we are able to hire the right candidates quicker and avoid potentially costly mistakes.

SkillSurvey review by <span>Thom K.</span>
Thom K.

Efficient and effective

What do you like best?

The quality of feedback is great; we love having quantitative data to compare candidates and comments that seem to be more insightful than what we get from a typical reference phone call. It is also easy to use - administration is a breeze, and I've received feedback from a few folks who completed the survey that it was quick and simple, which is evident by the response rate and speed.

What do you dislike?

The report has a few elements that have caused confusion with hiring managers until we could sit down and really explain how to use it (i.e. percentiles).

Recommendations to others considering the product

We did a 3 month trial at the beginning, and I highly recommend it as a low cost way to prove the concept and get used to the process. It was an easy decision at the end - we could not go back to the old way of doing things.

SkillSurvey saves time compared to our recruiters or hiring managers having to make calls, and provides better information. We have learned to trust it as a valuable input into our decision making process.

SkillSurvey review by <span>Paul L.</span>
Paul L.

Comprehensive reference-checking system!

What do you like best?

The anti-falsification abilities coupled with a multiple-perspective evaluation of a candidate. Also, being able to re-finalize and save a report after an initial report has been generated comes in handy for a more rounded picture, or if a hiring manger is looking for additional information. The SkillSurvey dashboard is also a plus, as it saves all information if I need to look back on it. I enjoy being able to preview questionnaires before committing a candidate population to them as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes if an applicant's references are within a system's email they show up as falsified through a similar IP address. When this happens I typically go back through "old" steps to verify that the red IP address is not in fact indicative of a falsified attempt. This is not usually the case but a good thing to document for compliance and documentation purposes. A lot of candidates automatically email me and let me know they have completed the request, even though I have received a notification already; this adds to junk email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better than any manual process of calling or emailing that existed (for me) prior to this product.

Thorough evaluation based on multiple references, as opposed to normal calls or emailed sheets to fill out. Also, saving storage by being able to download and save a compiled 360 report, as opposed to several single-person emails, call summaries, or word documents. Consolidating storage and eliminating the need for paper is always a plus. My managers like the rounded view of applicants. Download capabilities are big for me and my organization as we can save the compiled 360 report in multiple location for documentation purposes.

SkillSurvey review by <span>April C.</span>
April C.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Easy to use for staff, candidates, & references

What do you like best?

Skill Survey is easy to use for our staff, candidates, and references. I can log into the site and add a candidate quickly. I find it easy to select the best survey for the position. When I am not sure which survey I want the little pop up windows within the screen help me select easily without leaving the page.

I love that it immediately emails the candidate. I love the dashboard! It makes it very easy to see the status of all of the reference checks I have in process, file completed checks, print them, and make any adjustments needed. I like how I can simply click one button to send emails to references who have not completed the process or candidates who have not entered references.

The site is easy for candidates to use from entering their references to checking the status to adding additional references. References find it quick and easy to use the site in addition to answering the survey questions.

A big bonus for me is being able to enter references myself for candidates who may not be able to .

What do you dislike?

I do not have any major dislikes. I think Skill Survey offers enough options to adjust things I dislike.

I would like a simple explanation of reference check results that we could send to hiring managers to assist them in reviewing the results. The recruitment team at my company use Skill Survey everyday, but hiring managers do not. It is a bit confusing to them with the bars and percentages.

I created my own write up to explain the results to managers based on information I have learned on webinars and documents available in Survey Library and Customer Support area.

Skill Survey eliminates the need for the recruitment or managers to conduct reference checks via phone or email. I find that references are more honest since they are not answering to a person, but rather a survey.

I also like that the references can select to hear about our employment opportunities. Our company loves employee referrals and I find this is an additional way to gather qualified candidates.

Learn more about SkillSurvey

SkillSurvey Videos

Learning about SkillSurvey?

* We monitor all SkillSurvey reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.