SkillSurvey

SkillSurvey excels in online reference checking, sourcing and credentialing, providing immediately useful insights to help employers make better hiring decisions. Its cloud-based solutions answer vital questions that help organizations hire the right people for every role. SkillSurvey makes the referencing, sourcing and credentialing process more efficient and effective — helping employers save time and money, grow revenues, and bring employees onboard faster.

Work for SkillSurvey?

Learning about SkillSurvey?

Compare SkillSurvey to Similar Solutions

SkillSurvey Reviews

Ask SkillSurvey a Question
Showing 115 SkillSurvey reviews
SkillSurvey review by JT B.
JT B.

"Great product if you can break old habits"

What do you like best?

saves time by putting responsibility on the applicant and the reference to complete... well... the reference.

What do you dislike?

it is hard to break old habits of people. this process requires a decent amount of consistency to be truly effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will get so much out of SkillSurvey if you establish consistent processes to daily work the system. Uploading information of applicants to invite to fulfill the reference information in the system. Sending reminders to applicants as well as reminders to references. Followup with references, thanking and especially addressing those who wish to know more about your business as a potential lead for more business. Also, "filing"... closing out the records so it cleans up the database will make it much easier to maintain. If you establish this as a requirement, with followup phone calls to those who perform references thanking them for their time and assuring them that their contributions remain anonymous... this can turn into a gold mine of new business leads... As a lead generation tool, what more could you hope for than warm leads provided to you while you "sleep"... This product provides that kind of flexibility allowing the references to answer and respond, while commuting, while at home watching football, while lying awake in bed. Anytime day or night from anywhere. And without the regular business day distractions, I believe it provides more useful information.

It does provide reference information more quickly, and i believe more completely.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SkillSurvey
SkillSurvey review by Ashley Y.
Ashley Y.

"Easy and convinient access to relevent questions"

What do you like best?

That we can really drill down on proficiency in specific skill sets and areas that are vital to the position.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I struggle to find a set of questions that fits the position perfectly and the process to create my own survey is not as simple as I wish it were - it is possible though so that is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use this service in place of calling personal/professional references on a new hire. It allows us to get a great grasp on the employees strengths and weaknesses. It is certainly worth checking out if you are considering streamlining your processes.

This saves us a lot of time in reaching out to references - references also tend to be more forthcoming when they realize that the questions are in an electronic format and that it is anonymous.

What Reference Check solution do you use?

SkillSurvey review by Becky M.
Becky M.

"More than satisfied with the overall services of SkillSurvey!"

What do you like best?

The questions asked cover every area you'd need to know about to make a solid decision on bringing a person on to join your team. Questions included are about the person's personality, work relationships, how they handle criticism/correction, punctuality, integrity, and more.

What do you dislike?

I understand the reasoning behind it (anonymity) but it's a little frustrating at times waiting for a certain number of people to respond before I'm able to see the report. Sometimes I don't get to see every reference's responses due to this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know their lingo ahead of time to save confusion while trying to get to certain reports. ie. 'finalize report'. SkillSurvey is a great tool for reference checking, it does ALL the work for you! I was amazed at how easy it was to set up. Once the candidate enters in their references, SkillSurvey takes over and sends all reminders and collects all data - you don't have to worry about a thing! When all the information is gathered and surveys are completed, they'll notify you. Then all you do is sign in to your dashboard, looks at all the reports, and make a decision - that easy!

SkillSurvey uses questions I wouldn't have thought about asking a reference, but so important to know about a potential candidate. And then they categorize them so they're easy to flow through. I also love the charts they use to present it the results - it makes it so easy to comprehend them.

SkillSurvey review by Len B.
Len B.

"Exceeded expectations"

What do you like best?

Skill survey really delivers in ease of setting up references and receiving reports back on a timely basis. Most importantly, it has highlighted red flags in candidate behaviors that traditional phone references do not. SkillSurvey claims that references are more open with their ratings and I have found this to be true. The one time a manager rationalized a candidate received less than stellar reference, we had to let the employee go within their first three months. Employees weak behavior was consistent with the references

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The program is very easy to use and one is able to validate IP addresses to ensure a candidate is not writing the references his/herself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not an either/or proposition. There is nothing that prevents you from following up by phone with references after you receive a report. There is choice.

We want to hire the right talent and have found this to be a great aid. We find we are able to hire the right candidates quicker and avoid potentially costly mistakes.

SkillSurvey review by Thom K.
Thom K.

"Efficient and effective "

What do you like best?

The quality of feedback is great; we love having quantitative data to compare candidates and comments that seem to be more insightful than what we get from a typical reference phone call. It is also easy to use - administration is a breeze, and I've received feedback from a few folks who completed the survey that it was quick and simple, which is evident by the response rate and speed.

What do you dislike?

The report has a few elements that have caused confusion with hiring managers until we could sit down and really explain how to use it (i.e. percentiles).

Recommendations to others considering the product

We did a 3 month trial at the beginning, and I highly recommend it as a low cost way to prove the concept and get used to the process. It was an easy decision at the end - we could not go back to the old way of doing things.

SkillSurvey saves time compared to our recruiters or hiring managers having to make calls, and provides better information. We have learned to trust it as a valuable input into our decision making process.

SkillSurvey review by Paul L.
Paul L.

"Comprehensive reference-checking system!"

What do you like best?

The anti-falsification abilities coupled with a multiple-perspective evaluation of a candidate. Also, being able to re-finalize and save a report after an initial report has been generated comes in handy for a more rounded picture, or if a hiring manger is looking for additional information. The SkillSurvey dashboard is also a plus, as it saves all information if I need to look back on it. I enjoy being able to preview questionnaires before committing a candidate population to them as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes if an applicant's references are within a system's email they show up as falsified through a similar IP address. When this happens I typically go back through "old" steps to verify that the red IP address is not in fact indicative of a falsified attempt. This is not usually the case but a good thing to document for compliance and documentation purposes. A lot of candidates automatically email me and let me know they have completed the request, even though I have received a notification already; this adds to junk email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better than any manual process of calling or emailing that existed (for me) prior to this product.

Thorough evaluation based on multiple references, as opposed to normal calls or emailed sheets to fill out. Also, saving storage by being able to download and save a compiled 360 report, as opposed to several single-person emails, call summaries, or word documents. Consolidating storage and eliminating the need for paper is always a plus. My managers like the rounded view of applicants. Download capabilities are big for me and my organization as we can save the compiled 360 report in multiple location for documentation purposes.

SkillSurvey review by April C.
April C.

"Easy to use for staff, candidates, & references"

What do you like best?

Skill Survey is easy to use for our staff, candidates, and references. I can log into the site and add a candidate quickly. I find it easy to select the best survey for the position. When I am not sure which survey I want the little pop up windows within the screen help me select easily without leaving the page.

I love that it immediately emails the candidate. I love the dashboard! It makes it very easy to see the status of all of the reference checks I have in process, file completed checks, print them, and make any adjustments needed. I like how I can simply click one button to send emails to references who have not completed the process or candidates who have not entered references.

The site is easy for candidates to use from entering their references to checking the status to adding additional references. References find it quick and easy to use the site in addition to answering the survey questions.

A big bonus for me is being able to enter references myself for candidates who may not be able to .

What do you dislike?

I do not have any major dislikes. I think Skill Survey offers enough options to adjust things I dislike.

I would like a simple explanation of reference check results that we could send to hiring managers to assist them in reviewing the results. The recruitment team at my company use Skill Survey everyday, but hiring managers do not. It is a bit confusing to them with the bars and percentages.

I created my own write up to explain the results to managers based on information I have learned on webinars and documents available in Survey Library and Customer Support area.

Skill Survey eliminates the need for the recruitment or managers to conduct reference checks via phone or email. I find that references are more honest since they are not answering to a person, but rather a survey.

I also like that the references can select to hear about our employment opportunities. Our company loves employee referrals and I find this is an additional way to gather qualified candidates.

SkillSurvey review by Brianna U.
Brianna U.

"User Friendly Product That Improves Quality of Hire "

What do you like best?

Not only does SkilSurvey save our recruitment team time, but it provides a detailed, all-encompassing report that helps us learn more about our candidates. The survey templates provided by SkillSurvey are thorough and fit well with our needs. We feel the confidentiality aspect of the reporting allows for each reference to give a more open and honest answer, whether positive or negative. The turnaround time really is incredible. Each survey can be done easily on a mobile device, which allows references more flexibility in completing the survey in a timely manner. T email automation reminders help with the timing as well, it makes it even easier to manage the process and stay on top of each report. All the while the SkillSurvey Support Team is prompt and does a great job understanding and answering questions.

What do you dislike?

We have yet to find a feature we dislike about SkillSurvey. In the beginning it can seem somewhat overwhelming due to all of the features, but as soon as you go through the motions of each it gets easier to organize and understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although the reporting is all done electronically and you aren't speaking to each reference, I encourage you to at least complete the trial to get a feel for how thorough the reporting is. We felt the same way when initially considering the product; however, due to the confidentiality of each response, we feel that references take great deal of time expressing their opinions about the candidates in the free text fields.

We have been able to increase the number of completed reference checks on our candidates because it saves us so much time. The ability to complete the process electronically obviously helps, but being able to utilize several already crafted surveys saves a great deal of time spent creating our own surveys. A big benefit is then being able to file the reports in candidate files should they be needed at a later date.

SkillSurvey review by Rebecca K.
Rebecca K.

"Efficient, user-friendly reference checking software"

What do you like best?

SkillSurvey is very easy to use and provides helpful insight from references to make an informed decision about hiring a candidate. It keeps an organized list of both past and present candidates so I can refer to their files as needed. I also like that I am notified immediately when a report is ready to be finalized.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of any improvements needed at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SkillSurvey is a highly valuable tool for the recruiting industry, and I would strongly recommend others to consider using it if they are looking to streamline their hiring process and increase the likelihood of bringing quality candidates onboard with their organization.

SkillSurvey allows me to gather useful feedback on candidates our organization is interested in hiring. It has provided valuable information that we may not have received using "traditional" reference-checking methods, such as a phone call, which does not offer the same anonymity as the SkillSurvey method.

SkillSurvey review by Amanda G.
Amanda G.

"A great and through way to collect references!"

What do you like best?

I like that the system is easy to use and a great time saver. It sends out reminder emails to candidates when they haven't put in their information or to the references that haven't completed the survey. It took out a lot of the administrative work that I was having to do to follow up on references that were not complete.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the you have to search to find where it says if they would work with them again and also would like an area for additional information if the answer is no to working with them again.

Trying to find the best candidates possible for each of the roles. I have realized that you can learn a lot from references and how responsive the candidate is at each step of the process.

"Changing Application Completion"

What do you like best?

All data collected is organized in an easy to read and understand layout. The questions that are asked are easy to understand and help the manager to give response, although it seems sometimes they are too easy (see below).

What do you dislike?

It seems there is an easy way for responses to be "lazy" from managers, sometimes I feel like they don't engage enough to provide useful feedback. If there was a way to force the answers into a better grade it might help with short answers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great company to use, SkillSurvey has upped our serious applicant intake quite a bit.

SkillSurvey has changed the way we do references. Where we used to get incomplete answers or non sufficient references, we now get an incredible response from applicants. It has really weeded out candidates that were not seriously interested in our company.

SkillSurvey review by Liz V.
Liz V.

"Great tool for Recruiters"

What do you like best?

Comments from reviewers, ability to source candidates from data base

What do you dislike?

sometimes the comments and the bar graph don't match

Recommendations to others considering the product

great tool for also Sourcing, having access to Contributors who are interested in knowing more about us and ability to reach out to them for other positions.

Hiring the best candidates for our positions. This is one tool we use to do so.

SkillSurvey review by John P.
John P.

"Great Product - Quick & Easy"

What do you like best?

SkillSurvey is quick easy and efficient method to check candidate references! In a fast paced world of healthcare recruitment the ability to expedite a thorough and sound reference check process is crucial for moving forward with offers in a timely manor.

What do you dislike?

Reliant on candidate and references ability to respond in a timely manor. Unfortunately there are uncontrollable circumstances with references being out of town or not checking their email which can delay the process at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! Utilize before, during, and after interview process to supplement the full cycle recruitment spectrum.

We always have completed references checks on file if anyone comes asking for them. This ensures we've done our due diligence as and employer.

SkillSurvey review by Aviva J.
Aviva J.

"Work Review "

What do you like best?

Skill Survey makes it simple to start the reference checks for candidates, it let's you see what type of employee the candidate was prior to hire so that If you don't like what you see you can move forward with other options.

What do you dislike?

nothing I dislike, I think that Skill Survey is helpful within its own, I do think it could be more in depth with questions for the references so we can learn more about the candidates but that is just something that can be worked with and bulit upon in upcoming times and years within the role.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't tried it yet you should

Candidates who don't meet qualifications are taken out with this

SkillSurvey review by Administrator

"A great reference platform"

What do you like best?

Skill survey provides references with comparable data for like positions which helps the employer select from the highest scored candidates. It has helped us find better candidates and has decreased the amount of time we were spending interviewing candidates that did not have the qualifications we were looking for.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about this product that we do not like

Recommendations to others considering the product

This platform is easy to use and has really helped us find better qualified candidates. By getting the very detailed reference reports prior to scheduling interviews

We are spending a lot less time interviewing candidates that do not qualify. We have hired better candidates/employees

SkillSurvey review by Executive Sponsor in Staffing and Recruiting
Executive Sponsor in Staffing and Recruiting

"Have been using for 3.5 months and am very happy with the product and support "

What do you like best?

We like the speed at which the references are returned. We like that the specific reference questions tied to the job function. We like the visual rating system and comparative ranking tool. We like how quickly we were able to get up and running. We like how quick we receive a response on what reference survey we should send for a role we have in our organization that is not listed specifically as a job title.

What do you dislike?

Most of the training is done in a very short phone call. We would like at least 3 follow-up calls over the period of the first six months to takes us deeper into the "power" of this tool and how we use it in a more custom way to get the results we are looking for and also how to share the data with hiring managers, and incorporate our learning into the interview process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this tool - best-in-class.

Reduced cycle time to hire. More qualitative data on who is the "best fix" and "qualified candidate" for a specific position.

SkillSurvey review by Administrator in Airlines/Aviation
Administrator in Airlines/Aviation

"Overall a decent product but needs some feature updates"

What do you like best?

I like that SkillSurvey has wide varieties of surveys available. Also, the questions asked on many surveys are very nicely tailored to the job/industry selected.

Customer Service response time is fast as well (but this doesn't necessarily mean that our problem/questions were resolved)

I also like that they will automatically send reminders for the recipients (candidates) if they have not completed the SkillSurvey in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

As I stated earlier, I believe SkillSurvey still has room for improvements. It would be more convenient if it allowed us to send a survey to multiple recipients (candidates) at once, rather than having to send out the same survey to 50 different candidates separately. When we have huge recruitment classes, it always takes unnecessarily long time to have to re-enter the information for each candidate.

Also, there should be a way where we can update the amount of responses needed before finalizing (after the survey has been sent out)

Our company use SkillSurvey for reference verification during the recruitment process.

SkillSurvey review by Erin Y.
Erin Y.

"I love Skill Survey. It saves me tons of time!"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Skill Survey is that most of the work is put onto the candidate. They need to reach out to their references, they need to enter the references and their information, they need to do the following up when the references don't respond. All I need to do is send the request and wait. If they don't respond, I send reminders right through Skill Survey. I also love that the finalized reports are easy to read and so straight forward. My favorite question is "Would you work with this person again". That question and answer alone tells you a LOT about a potential employee.

What do you dislike?

There not much that I dislike about Skill Survey. My biggest issue is people putting in fake email addresses or not responding to the requests and reminders. When this happens though, I simply reach out to them myself with an email telling then know that their offer of employment is still contingent on these positive references coming back and being on file and the fake emails will not suffice. I usually get a response within an hour or two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to look around. Click on things, search names, check everything out. It takes about 15 minutes to become comfortable with Skill Survey and I promise you will love it and how organized everything is.

Calling and talking over the phone with references can only provide so much information. The calls are usually short, you forgot to ask some important questions or you aren't able to write down and report answers quickly or clearly enough. Skill Survey asks ALL the questions and then some. It takes references 5 minutes to complete and allows me to really get a comprehensive picture of the person we are interested in bringing on board.

SkillSurvey review by Kelly A. J.
Kelly A. J.

"Reliable feddback"

What do you like best?

The ease of selecting a survey and sending it to the applicant. The confidentiality it provides the candidate's reference.

What do you dislike?

I'd like more customizable questions and the ability to delete certain questions that are not applicable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SkillSurvey gives you valuable insight into applicants and allows for references to feel more comfortable sharing feedback.

Lack of staff hours to call references.

We can have the applicant responsible for asking their references to respond to the email.

SkillSurvey review by Maria C.
Maria C.

"Payroll Associate"

What do you like best?

I can get accurate references easy, the program is very friendly to all users. Saves time in hiring process.

What do you dislike?

I don't see anything bad on this program. I get notifications every time a need report is ready for review. Saves times in hir

Improving the hiring process. At the same time, this program help me to choose the right fit for the position we are looking for.

SkillSurvey review by Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.

"SkillSurvey Credential 360 has greatly improved our peer reference turnaround time."

What do you like best?

Everything about the product is user friendly. It helps create efficiency throughout the peer reference process. The physician feedback has been positive as well.

What do you dislike?

At this time we are pleased with the functionality of SkillSurvey. We originally began using this product to im-prove our turnaround times with peer references and it has definitely accomplished that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product will definitely make obtaining peer references easier. Every single applicant that has been processed through SkillSurvey has been a smooth process.

We have greatly improved our turnaround time for our peer references. Definitely a win for everyone. Anytime you can get providers credentialed in a timely matter is a good thing!

SkillSurvey review by Urbanozo, S.
Urbanozo, S.

"Shorten the time for your reference check process"

What do you like best?

Skillsurvey is so easy to use and takes minimal time entering the candidates into their system. I like that the process is candidate driven and our process time has been cut dramatically. I also like that the surveys are built for different jobs that cover specific competencies that the candidates would be expected to perform.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the change to the rating system.

Before using Skillsurvey, we used to call each reference to get feedback on the candidate. This took up a lot of time for all of the staff and in turn, slowed down the hiring process. Since using Skillsurvey, our reference checks are completed within a day or two and we receive so much more information about the candidates. By having the responses be anonymous, we have seen that respondents are more comfortable in answering the questions truthfully and being more open.

"Skillsurvey"

What do you like best?

Ease of access and ability to edit candidate profile based on unique circumstances. Ex. re-sending reference emails and requesting additional references.

What do you dislike?

Limited survey choices. Sometimes I cannot find job title surveys that I need.

Hiring poor candidates based on reference insecurity to offer their most honest opinion. Since they get to be behind a keyboard instead of over a phone, I feel they offer a more honest opinion.

Benefits I have realized is the ability to quickly get reference info back since I do not have to coordinate schedules.

SkillSurvey review by Allison T.
Allison T.

"Great Recruiting Tool"

What do you like best?

I like that it's very comprehensive and has multiple surveys to choose from to best fit your position.

What do you dislike?

Wording not specific regarding the amount of references you need. (Example: Best that we have 5 references, minimum of 2 for manager and minimum of 3 for peer...many candidates only think they need 3 references which doesn't allow for best results).

In having skill survey, it's allowed for individual roles to have specific questions framed around that role and allows for feedback that specifically pertains to role. There's also an area around type in feedback (strengths, areas to work on, etc.) that I like as well.

"Applicant Stack Review"

What do you like best?

Applicant Stack allows you to 'set stage' for each applicant and easily organize each applicants stage within the hiring process.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything at this time.

As an organization, we are able to be better organized with Skill Survey. We have 17 sites and all of our hiring managers are able to submit feedback for their interviews and communicate with their candidates within the system. This helps our supervisors to be able to read through their information an dbe on the same page when hiring.

SkillSurvey review by Lauren W.
Lauren W.

"Great customer service! Easy to use and has decreased response time!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, more data on employees, better able to make hiring decisions.

What do you dislike?

That we cannot rerun a report unless there are at least 2 more responses. End up doing a manual reference check.

Decreased time to hire, increased information about the candidates, which equates to better hiring decisions.

SkillSurvey review by Misty P.
Misty P.

"SkillSurvey is a fabulous tool to quantify references."

What do you like best?

Love that the information is quantifiable and that the response time and process are so easy. This tool allows for an easy review of others' feedback that usually confirms hunches/knowledge gained in the interview process.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything I'd change. I appreciate this tool tremendously.

Cuts down the time for getting references to nearly zero and the reference information is solid.

SkillSurvey review by Administrator

"Very Efficient and User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Using Skill Survey has significantly decreased our time spent on reference checking, and is very easy for our candidates, external references, and internal administrators to use. It provides easy to read reports to compare candidate references, and provides great position-specific surveys to gather meaningful reference information.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it has been wonderful! It has be very user friendly and our hiring managers have appreciated the comparison reports

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement! It's great!

Skill Survey allows us to ensure that reference questions are position-specific and job-related.

SkillSurvey review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Great product of reference checks and sourcing!"

What do you like best?

I love the detailed info provided in the multiple categories of ratings and the ability of the references to provide honest feedback in the comments sections. I also really appreciate the system's ability to track the IP address of the contacts to ensure that nothing is falsified.

What do you dislike?

Nothing honestly - I feel like this is a great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, you won't regret it!

This product allows to bring in the highest quality candidates. It also has assisted in our resume/candidate sourcing.

SkillSurvey review by Jon Jenks-Bauer, S.
Jon Jenks-Bauer, S.

"SkillSurvey reference review"

What do you like best?

-Duplicate IP address flagging: Allows us to identify when candidates may be falsifying references

-Quantitative reference scoring

-Competency/skill-based reference questions

-Allows you to broadly select by job type

-Ability to integrate into ATS

What do you dislike?

-Many job types unavailable in system; makes it difficult to select reference report

-Concern over clarity of rating scale depending on platform; no transparency to end user on how the reference tool is used by reference--have had situations where it was fairly clear the reference responded by inverting the scoring scale

-Would like to see better candidate management and potential engagement tools of references--potentially being able to import their contact info into a CRM tool (those who opt-in)

-solves for inconsistent, qualitative verbal/written reference checking

-adds a quantitative element to the reference process

-helps identify potential fraud

SkillSurvey review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Skill Survey References"

What do you like best?

The ease of system and variety of surveys

What do you dislike?

Color scheme. It looks like a holiday!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This goes along with Behavioral interviewing which is very helpful. Surveys are great with questions and number to choose from. Reports are easy to read with lots of great information and will capture information that you would not be able to get otherwise. And it will affect your hiring decision.

Hiring more qualified applicants and being able to better tailor their on-boarding based on information we know regarding areas of strengths and areas of improvement

SkillSurvey review by Administrator

"Help us make hiring decisions a lot faster!!! "

What do you like best?

Skill Survey provides us valuable feedback to make hiring decision a lot faster and eliminates that time consuming phone tag process of reference checking. I find that references are a lot more candid when receiving a survey versus a phone call. Skill Survey has changed the way we recruit!

What do you dislike?

I think that skill survey should be able to be linked to Ultipro so that we can eliminate a step to input the emails. I would also like the option to edit the reports to share certain things depending on the level of the hiring manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

Saving Time. In more value added in reference feedback to make better hiring decisions.

SkillSurvey review by Neil M.
Neil M.

"An essential tool for reference checking in a decentralized environment"

What do you like best?

SkillSurvey is fast and easy to use. In just a few minutes you can initiate a reference and have a response back in 1 or 2 short days.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is not anything not to like about SkillSuvey. It is a great tool and the customer support is excellent.

I am able to ensure that references are being checked at a high level in my decentralized environment. Not all hiring managers are able to conduct strong reference checks. Using SkillSurvey ensures that quality and consistency is maintained.

SkillSurvey review by Madeson S.
Madeson S.

"Better results than reference calls"

What do you like best?

This allows referrals to be anonymous, which seems to make them more honest.

What do you dislike?

The templates aren't perfect. I wish there was a way to create our own template.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to save time on reference checks!

Great system for referrals.

SkillSurvey review by Adam G.
Adam G.

"Exactly as promised to automate references"

What do you like best?

Skillsurvey is useful to us as it helps automate a part of hiring processes that can be time consuming and manual.

What do you dislike?

We don't always use all SkillSurvey's features such as sourcing, but that's mostly on our end.

Automation of reference process in pre-hire processes or candidate evaluation

SkillSurvey review by Administrator in International Trade and Development
Administrator in International Trade and Development

"Thorough and provides consistency across candidates"

What do you like best?

I like that references are asked the same question about a candidate. References' responses are anonymous so feedback seems to be more open and honest.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the ratings are based on others in a similar role, but there isn't the ability to narrow down by industry. For instance, a Manager for a high tech company wouldn't, in my opinion, equate with a manager for a retail company. They also removed the ratings scales and left it to the hiring company to establish their own rating scales(s). On the surface this sounds like a good idea, but very little guidance aside from a webinar was provided in determining what those scales should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The company needs to provide more guidance as it pertains to rating scales. The recent elimination of the rating scales and leaving it up to the company to decide seemed like a cop out. We have eliminated the use of the rating scales altogether because they seemed misleading and didn't allow us to specify the industries for which positions were being compared. For instance, as mentioned earlier, a Manager at a high tech company does not equate with a Manager at a retail store.

Hiring top talent. SkillSurvey does a very good job of obtaining information based on consistent questions.

SkillSurvey review by Consultant in Human Resources
Consultant in Human Resources

"Skill Survey has been a quality product thus far."

What do you like best?

I like the automation of it and the fact that it's linked to our hiring system. It's nice for potential employees to be able to fill out their reference information and to have it automatically generated into a report upon reference completion. The reports are very thorough and detailed, which has allowed managers to get great information about potential candidates.

What do you dislike?

The turnaround time is a little bit longer than expected. Although the reports are very thorough and detailed, I wish we could know which reference said what. I know this goes against confidentiality, but it would be nice to the working relationship. I also noticed that a lot of friends give references rather than previous or current supervisors, so it would be nice to make that a requirement since friends typically would not say a lot of negative things about their friends.

It's nice to have all of our references saved in one central location, so recruiters can all log into skills survey and have the detailed reports at our disposal. The automation is really nice as well, so all we have to do is click a button to get the report started. My assistant starts the reference process for me, and then sends me the finalized reports when it's complete. This saves me a great deal of time.

Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Skill Survey #1 tool used in our business to determine if a candidate a fit for our group."

What do you like best?

We like how easy the platform is to use, the response time from references, and ability to compare candidate when we have multiple candidate for one opening.

What do you dislike?

The lead submissions you receive for references that completed Skill Survey could compile more effectively. Maybe regionalize where they are coming for of what field of work they are in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Increase the level of talent working with your company by using Skill Survey to find quality candidates. Make use of the custom 3 fill in the blank questions. It's here that you will find the diamond in the inquiry on the candidate.

We resolved the timeliness of responses from references and uniforming the responses for comparison. We have been able to make decline, approve, and offer candidates must faster than in years past. The delay and minimal information acquired with paper references slowed down the process. Also, we get a much greater details overview of the candidate with Skill Survey than we did with paper full in the blanks.

SkillSurvey review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Checking references with SkillSurvey helped us decide who to hire"

What do you like best?

I really like the structured view into job-specific skills and behaviors for the short list of candidates we were evaluating. The reference report provides a view of our candidates that we couldn't get any other way. Having some reliable data also helped us build consensus among the hiring team.

What do you dislike?

The set-up is still a bit old-school... it requires filling out a spreadsheet of user names and emails. But it went quickly so not a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a try. The references really work early in the process, while you are still deciding among a short list of candidates.

We're trying to make good hiring decisions. It's a challenge. We don't hire all that often for this part of our business. We're to the point in our growth that we don't hire from our networks as much. We need to evaluate candidates who are not known to us.

SkillSurvey review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"SkillSurvey is Awesome!"

What do you like best?

We have used SkillSurvey for all of our reference surveys for over 4 years. We love the ease of use, the "candidate-driven" option and the quick turnaround time which saves on labor hours and results in reference reports that can actually be used for coaching after a candidate is hired and on-boarded.

What do you dislike?

SkillSurvey is very proactive - each new release results in a better, more user friendly platform.

Checking candidate references can be a real time consumer and the information obtained over the phone is often shallow and guarded (not very helpful). The unique focus and design of each survey, as well as the assured confidentiality for responders, results in reference reports and metrics that are actually useful.

SkillSurvey review by Justin  Z.
Justin Z.

"Great for sourcing Passive Candidates "

What do you like best?

The software is really great for reaching out and engaging with passive candidates and targeting passive referrals.

What do you dislike?

The system looks dated and hard to navigate at times.

Sourcing for quality hires in a high volume.

SkillSurvey review by Stephanie F.
Stephanie F.

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

We did not have time to do reference checks on all our new hires. Skill Survey allows us to check references on every person in a minimal amount of time. The rating system and comments give you great insight into the candidate.

What do you dislike?

I need to understand the ratings better and how the % is calculated.

Better hiring in hopes to reduce turnover.

SkillSurvey review by Julie S.
Julie S.

"Skill Survey is very easy to use for both our recruitment team and our candidates."

What do you like best?

The ease of use is great, as well as the comparison reports.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the delay in waiting for candidates to submit their reference contact information.

More comprehensive and reliable vetting of candidates before we make our hiring decisions.

SkillSurvey review by Administrator

"My experience with Skill Survey has been very good"

What do you like best?

I like the various categories the applicants are rated on and the behavioral based questions that help to determine the fit for the employee with the organization and the job role. I like the return rate on these reviews. I like the questions it provides to managers for the interview

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can say I dislike about the process

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend, it has proven to be very valuable tool

Better caliber of new hires for the organization, reduction of turnover in the first 90 days of employment. Skill and attitudes of the new hires is better.

SkillSurvey review by Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.

"Expedite references!"

What do you like best?

I like the on-demand platform which expedites the process of collecting reference information

What do you dislike?

Not differentiating whether a peer or manager commented on strengths and areas of improvement.

Traditional phone-tag reference checking is time-consuming and SkillSurvey expedites this process and we are able to get to offer stage quicker. The insight that SkillSurvey gathers has added value back into professional references

SkillSurvey review by Tyler P.
Tyler P.

"SkillSurvey is great!"

What do you like best?

I like how quick and easy it is to set up.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to see references before I receive and finalize the report. Sometimes I just need one or two.

We are making the reference checking process so much quicker and more efficient. We have gotten great feedback from our hiring managers in how comprehensive and complete the reference check process is.

Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"SkillSurvey helps reduce "bad hires""

What do you like best?

We have found that SkillSurvey has truly helped our organization to increase the quality of hires and therefore reduce the number of poor hires. The reference reports are incredibly accurate and validate our feelings that the candidate is competent and will be a successful member or our team.

What do you dislike?

We would benefit from SkillSurvey being integrated with our ATS, PMv11.

We have reduced our organization's first year turnover through the use of SkillSurvey.

"Convenient reference tool!"

What do you like best?

So quick and easy to send out references. The email notifications are great as they inform me when candidate's have completed references. The summary of the references is also a great tool for getting an overall glance at the candidate.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally it is hard to find a survey that matches exactly what we're looking for. In addition, it would be nice to be able to request only 3 references if needed!

Efficiency and consistency of reference checking. It's a great way to ensure that all questions asked to all references are the same and are questions we can ask!

SkillSurvey review by Omar A.
Omar A.

"it's great "

What do you like best?

simple, easy use and notifies me on the process.

What do you dislike?

If there was like a reminder to check on candidates that didn't complete it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

a reminder to follow up with uncompleted surveys

recruiting for 4 hospitals and making sure we get our reference checked in a timely manner.

I realized that it makes my job easier with it's easy use.

SkillSurvey review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Skill Survey Review"

What do you like best?

I love how automate it is. Saves lots of time. more honest response from references with it.

What do you dislike?

A little too stringent with rules. For example, it requires a minimum amount of references for every position. I wish we could modify a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use it. it is a great product that has saved us time and money

Our time to hire has been reduced by skill survey by automating the process. Additionally, it saves our recruiter the time and effort of returning calls. We also feel we get more honest feedback than by calling directly

"Great new tool!"

What do you like best?

Giv s our Ops folks more time to recruit while still getting the detailed references we need to make hiring and placement decisions.

What do you dislike?

Just recently adopted this tool and we have inconsistent success with it depending on skill set of candidates. Wondering if more Time and experience will change that.

Taking this task off of our operations team, new lead sourc e and differentiator.

SkillSurvey review by Eileen S.
Eileen S.

"Skillsurvey User for 4 years"

What do you like best?

Recipients take the survey seriously, and provide detailed comments on both areas of strength and areas for development.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, we like the instrument a lot. Don't really have any complaints at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely a worthwhile investment.

It saves us time spent on "telephone tag" and gives us more complete information than phone-based reference checks. It allows provides us with a vehicle to connect with other potential candidates.

"Quality Responses"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that individuals are able to be honest with their responses so that we can collect accurate feedback. I love the fact that the process is easy, simple and it allows me to collect a response without having to make phone calls, collect letters, etc.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't say that I dislike anything. I use Skill Survey almost daily. I love the fact that they alert me when reports are ready for finalizing.

quick turnaround time with collection of references. prospects are able to contact tech support with any issues.

"Skill Survey"

What do you like best?

Skill Survey is a great tool to use for references. I love that you can enter the candidates information and Skill Survey takes care of the rest.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about Skills Survey. There is nothing that I dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to give Skill Survey a try. You won't be disappointed!

It saves time and money for your company.

It is helping with time management, the benefits are having more time to focus on other HR tasks.

I am certain if you choose to use this product you wont be disappointed.

SkillSurvey review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Corporate Recruiter"

What do you like best?

Anonymous - I think the references are more inclined to be honest and forthright in sharing information that may be on the negative side than they would be on a phone call

What do you dislike?

it sometimes can take a long time for references to respond - which delays our offer process

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a great product and it will standardize your reference experience for all applicants. If you want, you can still make a call to dig deeper, as all the contact information is provided as well for any follow up. We have done then on rare occasions for clarification.

We now have a consistent business process for all applicants. It is easier, and the management can get a nice report which we attach to the candidates' talent record.

SkillSurvey review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"A Great Product That Improves Quality of Hire "

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and provides a detailed report that helps us learn more about our candidates. I like that it keeps an organized list of both past and present candidates so I can refer to their files as needed. It's easy to complete on a mobile phone. And it's a great time saver. Overall, it's a great product.

What do you dislike?

It took a bit getting used to with all of the features, but with repetition if became much easier and now I have no problem navigating through it.

We've been able to increase the number of completed reference checks on our candidates because it saves us a lot of time. And those candidates who don't meet qualifications are taken out with this program which saves us a lot of time.

SkillSurvey review by Debbie M.
Debbie M.

"I was an early adoptor of this tool and have implented this in more than one company."

What do you like best?

The tool is easy to use, allows the reviewer autonomy. This usually gives us a balanced review of the individuals credentials and personality.

What do you dislike?

There are times when we have a very unique profile and we have to pick a survey that is close vs. one that is dead on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and the reference reports are valuable

We want our references for our candidates to be real and true. Plus we wanted to eliminate the added work on our back office team, who use to do phone reference checks.

SkillSurvey review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Great System"

What do you like best?

It's anonymous and gives references the opportunity to be honest about their experiences with the person.

What do you dislike?

I find the percentile to be deceptive. For anyone who scores less than perfect 7/7, their percentile drops significantly. Someone with a 6.3 out of 7 ranks somewhere in the 30s percentile-wise. The percentile gives the impression that they did not receive great references, while in reality a 6.3 out of 7 is excellent. I think many references just give 7/7 on all categories to people that they like, and the reference checks would be more accurate without the percentile.

Many companies have a policy that they do not give references. This system makes it easier to get actual references from people.

SkillSurvey review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"Skillsurvey"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Our company uses it for in coming candidates.

What do you dislike?

Don't have any complaints. They are easy to work with and happy to help whenever it is needed. I've had no issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does what it is intended to do

It does what it's intended to do.

SkillSurvey review by Joylenn A.
Joylenn A.

"SkillSurvey has been helpful "

What do you like best?

It helps with time management. It also helps hiring Manager get an idea of what the company is looking for in an employee.

What do you dislike?

When first learning the program it was a little confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other companies with a high turn over of employees or hiring a bunch of people at one time.

It helps you get all your applicants in the system with out having to call them for information needed for the hiring process.

SkillSurvey review by Nick H.
Nick H.

"Great- very helpful"

What do you like best?

It's very easy, quick, and gives me good information.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything I dislike. Maybe allow us to add questions as we please.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its great- keep it up. Make it more compatible. I would like the ability to add my own questions. I love the feedback reports- again, they make my life a lot easier.

We are trying to better qualify are candidates. It makes my job a lot easier.

SkillSurvey review by Internal Consultant in Hospital & Health Care
Internal Consultant in Hospital & Health Care

"Skill Survey is a great product I use for reference checks"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that it's an automated system and puts the candidate in the driver seat. References are inputted electronically and can be done after COB.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the variety of reference the system has. I sometimes have to resort to using generic reference templates when there isn't one available.

Time-to-fille as well as first year turn over. With thorough reference checks, we ensure we are making the right hire.

SkillSurvey review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Skill Survey Review"

What do you like best?

Great easy to use, simple product. Give employers the ability to electronically get references for all new candidates and allows the referee to give more in-depth reviews as opposed to your standard over the phone yes/no answers.

What do you dislike?

The only issue is that sometimes people who do not have direct access to a computer or if their referral does not have an email address it can cause major delays in the process.

The problem is a delayed hiring process. Skill Survey allows us to speed the process up and receive better, factual data about potential new hires. The benefit is being able to make better, and faster, hiring decisions.

SkillSurvey review by LeighAnn Z.
LeighAnn Z.

"Skill Survey"

What do you like best?

The completeness of the information including graphs of how the candidate rated and written feedback about strengths and weaknesses

What do you dislike?

Not always knowing which employer replied. Candidates will share stories about issues that occurred with an employer and this could match well with how a former employer has rated a candidate but it's hard to tell when you don't know who owns the comments in the report.

Hiring talent

SkillSurvey review by Executive Sponsor in Medical Practice
Executive Sponsor in Medical Practice

"Makes reference checking valuable"

What do you like best?

Minimal time investment for valuable reference checking.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, we don't have anything we dislike. The product and go-live went well.

We are saving time on reference checks, and making better hiring decisions. It also helps us adapt onboarding based on coworker feedback.

SkillSurvey review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Makes the Reference Checking process Easier! "

What do you like best?

The site is easy to use and takes a lot of time and energy off our hands.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if it was easier to create new surveys.

Checking references for dozens of applicants every year. Cuts down on our time and energy.

SkillSurvey review by User in Higher Education

"Recruiter"

What do you like best?

Organized, sufficient, efficient, quick turn around

What do you dislike?

What I can think SkillSurvey can improve on is to add/implement more working titles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Less time spending on the phone checking references. Everything is just a click away

SkillSurvey review by Jake J.
Jake J.

"Time saving"

What do you like best?

I like that it is tailored to the position and that it takes the additional work out of my busy day. It's easy and efficient.

What do you dislike?

I don't like waiting for people to complete their reviews. But that's not your fault.

When management requests for feedback from references, I have it readily available. This saves time and gives them the added information to make decisions.

SkillSurvey review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Excellent Resource"

What do you like best?

Ability to quickly gain tangible info on candidates

What do you dislike?

nothing at this time-very pleased with SkillSurvey

Time to complete reference screens has significantly decreased with SkillSurvey and the quality of our hires is much improved based on the feedback we get on the candidates

SkillSurvey review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Great for automated reviews"

What do you like best?

It automates the referral process saving me time to focus on recruiting. The Skill Survey and Manager 360 feedback reports are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Limited on Job Titles and questions for the job titles. Although that may be a customization thing. There are sometimes too many different types of reports that relay the same information. This can make things very complicated.

It has helped the referral process move along quickly and automate the process. The first time I used it, it really freed up referral time for me. As a recruiter it really allows me to focus on recruiting.

SkillSurvey review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great reference tool but search results needs improvement and there is limited customizing ability. "

What do you like best?

Great reference tool for managers when considering applicants.

What do you dislike?

Search results needs improvement and there is limited customizing ability. When you search a name, that name will not necessarily show as the first search result, and any candidate with a variation of that name shows up in the results.

There was the ability to set an expiration for the surveys but now we are limited to the preset options.

Emailing, saving, and/or printing the reports can be cumbersome and a lengthy process.

Reference tool helps the managers to find better candidates and reduce the number of bad hires.

SkillSurvey review by Anna G.
Anna G.

"Fantastic Tool"

What do you like best?

The detail of the reports, the automation and convenience both for myself as a recruitment professional and for my candidates and their references.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing negative I can say about Skill Survey - it's awesome!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you won't go back!

Man-hours, we used to check references via phone. It took roughly 15-20 hours/week for our Coordinator.

Administrator in Higher Education

"I am the HR person who requests reports for departments to review."

What do you like best?

The anonymous reports that make it more likely that the person giving the review will be more honest

What do you dislike?

Even though the reports are very informative, they can be a bit lengthy and confusing for some supervisors

We require that references are checked on all interviewees. SkillSurvey insures that they are done and the same questions are asked of everyone.

SkillSurvey review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use product. Manages itself so I don't have to do anything other than pull a report. I like that there are a variety of different reports to choose from.

What do you dislike?

Limited number of surveys to choose from.

Sometimes I do not get notifications when responses have been completed.

Sometimes it is difficult to choose a relevant survey.

"HR Manager"

What do you like best?

user friendly and very easy to navigate

What do you dislike?

none. This is a great product. great feedback from the other users

getting the best qualified candidate. benefits include quick turnaround time

SkillSurvey review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Better than we do"

What do you like best?

The responses are definitely more candid than we were getting over the phone.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing we don't like. Continuously being improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it

Save time and get better reference results that our clients love.

Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"SkillSurvey has its ups and downs"

What do you like best?

Using SkillSurvey has cut the HR's manual work of completing reference checks and saves time. I also love that the results can be printed out or emailed in a report to hiring managers. It's really easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Since the last update, the ratings have confused our hiring managers. Before the report would say "Good" or "Excellent" for each question and now it shows a score of 0-8.0 - It's not easily understandable like before.

SkillSurvey's email questionnaire saves us from calling each individual reference manually - This saves SO much time!

SkillSurvey review by Administrator

"Great Expeirence using SkillSurvey"

What do you like best?

SkillSurvey is easy to use and provides valuable information.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes about SkillSurvey.

We are able to more efficiently screen our candidates and make informed hiring decisions.

SkillSurvey review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Skill survey has made reference checking easier and provided leads for sourcing. "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, puts ownership on the candidate to make sure they've contacted references.

What do you dislike?

Removes the personal touch/rapport building that came with reference checking previously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only use it for entry to mid level positions, do not use for higher level roles...still need that personal touch with those references.

Huge time saver!

SkillSurvey review by Jamie W.
Jamie W.

"Very User Friendly "

What do you like best?

The quickness with which people tend to respond, and the comparison reports

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is a challenge to find the right survey based on the title of the job

It has definitely helped us weed out some candidates when we were at tie with who we liked better for a role

SkillSurvey review by User

"Positive experience--time saver."

What do you like best?

SkillSurvey has saved valuable time that used to be sent calling references.

What do you dislike?

There are still applicants who struggle technically with electronic references.

better quality references in less time.

SkillSurvey review by Autumn R.
Autumn R.

"It is helpful and much easier than calling references"

What do you like best?

It just takes a minute to send for references.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing that I would change.

I find that it saves time so that we do not have to call references and leave voicemails, play phone tag. The person can complete it when they have time.

SkillSurvey review by Lori B B.
Lori B B.

"Senior Talent Acquisition Team Lead"

What do you like best?

The detailed 360 report that is generated.....awesome details can be gathered on a candidate.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time....easy to read and the report provides clarity and any red flags that may come up during the phone interview.

This reports aids in making sound hiring decision for staff.

SkillSurvey review by Thomas J. C.
Thomas J. C.

"Pre-hire insight at a very reasonable cost"

What do you like best?

The folks at SkillSurvey have addressed a problem that just about any business, big or small, deals with. How can you gain more confidence that the candidate you're interested in hiring is as strong as you think? By providing a easy-to-use online tool, you can get detailed information backed up by scientific studies before pulling the trigger and extending that offer.

What do you dislike?

I know it sounds foolish but I really can't think of anything critical to say about the products SkillSurvey offer. The cost is very reasonable, and the insight that their surveys/references provide just can't be provided any other way. I honestly thought that online reference checks would be a terrible idea, but I was able to see firsthand that many of the people completing the surveys were actually more honest than they likely would have had we used the more traditional reference check process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's hard to imagine a situation where the SkillSurvey would not be a value-add to any HR Department.

The use of the SkillSurvey system directly led to my previous employer making better hiring decisions. To be able to narrow a search down to one or two candidates and then use the SkillSurvey product was a great and powerful tool. We had multiple instances where we in HR were very much on the fence about a candidate that a hiring manager loved, but had the reference's results back up our hesitations. Even if we still moved forward with an offer, the candidate's weaknesses that came through during the reference process could immediately be known by the hiring manager and addressed nearly from day one.

SkillSurvey review by Emily H.
Emily H.

"I use it for employee referrals."

What do you like best?

Easy to understand charts of results. easy to read

What do you dislike?

Difficult for candidates to understand the relationship, options and then not able to change the relationship later if they thought of it backwards (ie., they were my direct report vs. I was their direct report).

n/a

SkillSurvey review by Tammy Morgan B.
Tammy Morgan B.

"Fantastic tool and simple to use. Customer service very attentive "

What do you like best?

The honesty that the references use compared to telephone calls. Reports on IP addresses have saved us several times. Usually completed in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

Original email to candidates go to spam and andidate misses it

Avoided some hireswhich would have gone through without skillsurvey

Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Checking References is Easier and Faster"

What do you like best?

References can be downloaded into a PDF and sent to multiple hiring managers

What do you dislike?

the amount of references needed to move forward

Most times there are multiple hiring managers who are looking for different things., Skill survey covers most, if not all of them.

SkillSurvey review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Skill Survey Provides best information for new hires "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Skill Survey has many different surveys for every candidate. You are able to use multiple surveys for the same position depending on the individual you are trying to hire.

What do you dislike?

It it sometimes time consuming and messages to to candidates junk email boxes

We have noticed that people are much more willing to be fully honest when they realize the survey is confidential and that the candidate will never hear/see what they have said about them.

"RN Recruiter"

What do you like best?

I love that you get real feedback from Peers and Management. I love that it is email generated and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I can think of at this time

Benefit of having candidates strengths and weakness to review

Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Great resource for building interview guides personalized to the candidate"

What do you like best?

Easy, interfaces with our Applicant Tracking System as well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, it's user friendly and has all the info I need.

I think by it being personal to the applicant, it helps gain buy-in to using behavioral interviewing questions.

SkillSurvey review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Major process improvement piece for recruitment coordination"

What do you like best?

SkillSurvey is a huge resource and time saver for my projects. The new source enhancements and passive candidate reports are also a big value add.

What do you dislike?

Originally thhe dashboard was not as intuitive as it could have been but the recent changes have greatly improved it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's kind of a no-brainer.

Turn around time for reference checks has been completely reduced.

SkillSurvey review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Very helpful tool!"

What do you like best?

You are able to obtain candid feedback from individuals who have worked closely with the candidate in consideration.

What do you dislike?

It often delays the process and there is no guarantee the references are providing true feedback.

No comment

SkillSurvey review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"One of the best investments our company has made "

What do you like best?

The system is easy for references to use and because the reference survey is anonymous it produces honest results.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced anything that I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend!

This product has helped us weed out candidates that would not be a good fit for us. A candidate can make it to the final steps and we have received honest feedback from references that have removed them from the process and saved us from hiring a bad hire. This saves us time and money.

SkillSurvey review by Kathleen M.
Kathleen M.

"Recuiter"

What do you like best?

ease of use and accurate information in a short time

What do you dislike?

actually I like the product- it is fast and user friendly

hiring best quality people and learning about their background.

"Amazing solution!"

What do you like best?

SkillSurvey automates the reference checking process and provides insightful data!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about using SkillSurvey.

Utilizing SkillSurvey allows our recruiters to focus on what's important: finding good people. The best part about it is that we find we are getting more truthful responses and therefore, better data on potential new hires.

SkillSurvey review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"SkillSurvey has saved a lot of time and ensures honest feedback!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about SkillSurvey is that it frees up a lot of my time!

What do you dislike?

Some emails that are valid do get bounced back

Benefits are that it's a time saver, we get honest feedback from references, we get potential candidates out of these references as well.

"Talent Acquisituin Specialist"

What do you like best?

Skill Survey is very detailed and dependable

What do you dislike?

So far so good! I do not have any thing I dislike .

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best way to get results effectively and fast.

It provide fast responses that helps my hiring managers make final hiring decision.

SkillSurvey review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Automates my process"

What do you like best?

I like that surveys are predetermined and easily searchable. the results come back in a readable format that I can give our hiring managers.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything, but I do wish you could help customize a survey.

We are cutting down the time it takes to run references and freeing up our recruiters to focus on recruiting items, not HR.

SkillSurvey review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Mobile Accessibility Is Fantastic"

What do you like best?

The fact that people can access it any where on their mobile phones.

What do you dislike?

For recruiters - being able to tag multiple recruiters so that notifications go to more than one person.

Being able to contact references faster with email access instead of having to wait until they are in their offices to reply to a phone call manually.

SkillSurvey review by Daniel B.
Daniel B.

"Reliable feedback with somewhat limited options of surveys"

What do you like best?

Ease of access for references to complete the surveys

What do you dislike?

no details on which reference gave which answers

Recruitment process

Learn more about SkillSurvey

SkillSurvey Videos

Learning about SkillSurvey?

* We monitor all SkillSurvey reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare SkillSurvey to Similar Solutions