Skuid

Skuid helps design a scalable, customizable user experience for any app on the Salesforce Platform.

Work for Skuid?

Learning about Skuid?

Skuid Reviews

Ask Skuid a Question
Showing 19 Skuid reviews
Skuid review by Meredith M.
Meredith M.

"My favorite vendor"

What do you like best?

Attention to detail, whether it's their developers thinking through all of the different ways that the product can be used and not forgetting the little details that differentiate between a great and superior app or their support staff doing the extra research to provide a comprehensive response/ solution to questions or issues.

What do you dislike?

For a company that is now calling itself a platform, a clear roadmap and dedicated way for customers to provide suggestions for upcoming features is lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best vendors I have worked with, and I've been both customer and consultant in IT for 17 years.

We needed to find a better way to display Salesforce data. The Lightning interface, though years in the making, is still lacking in key features such as the ability to display data from multiple objects on a single page, and is also too sales-oriented for a non-profit like ours to take advantage of the improved UI. We needed a solution where we could build applications on the Salesforce platform for internal and external users on the that could be developed and maintained in-house, without dedicating months of developer time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Skuid
Skuid review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Skuid helps me say yes to enhanced automation requests"

What do you like best?

I like that I can fully customize a list view and page layout, making them super functional. The ability to control rendering at the field or table or button level are super empowering. Using the "actions framework" I can make just about anything happen without code (and without consuming Salesforce workflow or flow). The best part is I can do so much on a single screen so the user does not have to navigate multiple objects or workflow screens in order to accomplish a complex task. With drawers and pop-up windows I can keep the user where they need to be, and only redirect when necessary.

What do you dislike?

If you make a mistake, Skuid may not tell you. There are some instances where you can create something with a defect and it can be difficult to identify where you went wrong. The best practice is to continuously save and test while developing to ensure each feature you add is working and doesn't result in a no error failure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get help or training with your initial set up. Mine took a bit long because I did not have training or professional services assist with my deployment. However, the user community is very strong, and there are plenty of resources available. Please note, many of the older posts refer to using Java Script to accomplish complex tasks, but I have found the Actions Framework allows you to avoid Java Script in almost every case.

I am making cleaner list views and page layouts. I can deploy fewer of these to my business, but each has more functionality. I can build short cuts that reduce clicks and save staff time. I have greatly simplified the user experience, hiding the complexity of our Salesforce org behind simple and easy to use list views and detail layouts.

What No-Code Development Platforms solution do you use?

Skuid review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="83a940fa-1027-4d64-b61d-3e5867be32f9">Pete B.</span>
Pete B.
" itemprop="name" />

"Skuid for Salesforce"

What do you like best?

How much you can customize the UI and UX for users. The conditional rendering feature is a must have if you have customers that interact with your Community directly. It allows for a completely customized experience and definitely is a valuable tool to have when doing customer facing deployments.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve. Skuid does releases and it is very difficult to regression test every bug that might be contained in doing an app upgrade. Don’t get me wrong, if you manage to field the right version that meets your needs, then Skuid is a fabulous tool. But finding the right version and getting it into your production org definitely can be challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skuid is such a powerful tool for admins! It allows you to completely build custom pages that your internal or external users can interact with. You have the ability to control the experience which is so nice. I would recommend Skuid!

Getting customer information directly and managing data security so certain objects become visible but others do not. Skuid allows us to deliver the force.com platform to the end user directly, but with a customized view and feel so we don’t need to rely on native page layouts for Salesforce.

Skuid review by Shmuel K.
Shmuel K.

"This application has changed my Salesforce life forever!"

What do you like best?

I highly recommend this application to anyone using Salesforce. Skuid is a tremendously powerful UI tool that lets you display your data in ways only limited by your imagination.

The strongest Skuid feature is Skuid's unstopping devotion to add more out of the box functionality that provides an admin or developer with the ability to quickly create interactive Salesforce pages or reports that would have taken orders longer to create with Visualforce.

But it doesn't stop there. With Javascript snippets you can do almost anything. A web service or Apex call is a couple of lines away, and Skuid's Javascript version of records and record collections is easy to understand, even for a newbie.

What do you dislike?

A weak point of Skuid's page building is the ability to organize and document your JavaScript code and out of the box models. When building complex pages it can get difficult to remember why you added particular action at a point in the page flow. Usually, it's to get around a Salesforce limit, or to save yourself some JavaScript coding.

It would be hugely helpful to be able to add comments to any part of your page including, but not limited to, models, UI-only fields, actions, and tables.

In terms of code organization, Skuid isn't an IDE, although it has become one for me. This makes it hard to understand what a page is doing when there are dozens of JavaScript snippets without any way of categorizing or organizing them (say into folders).

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to try this out. Think of a need you need to meet, and ask Skuid (or me) how easy it is to meet that need. Then, try it out in a developer environment. You will be blown away for weeks on end.

One of the biggest business problems I've encountered over the years with Salesforce is the problem of data visualization.

Salesforce allows you to create a structured relational database, but lacks the tools to take advantage of those relationships.

With standard reporting, one-to-many relationships are difficult to report on and many-to-many relationships are impossible to report on. With Skuid, I've created reports that can properly aggregate and display as many levels of relationships that I want in Salesforce. And it takes me a couple hours.

On the subject of normalization, another benefit I've realized is page interactivity. Skuid's modern speed and look aside, bringing all of your relational data to one page is enormously beneficial to the user and the developers. The user, for the sake of convenience, and the developer for data control.

Skuid review by Tyler N.
Tyler N.

"Great UI Builder with Tons of Flexibility"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, I can quickly prototype something for a co worker to show how it would work, then finish it within minutes or hours depending on the complexity.

Speed is great, with the reduction in page loads to access data, my users are able to access what they need very quickly.

What do you dislike?

Requires knowledge of Skuid specific programming/methods if you need to write custom code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial it first to ensure it will meet your needs, but more than likely it will.

We are solving for opening new stores quicker and easier than before, we work diligently in Salesforce to track the stores through the opening process, Skuid makes it dead simple to visualize data and keep track of things in an automated fashion.

Skuid review by Jared J.
Jared J.

"Don't want to go back to Salesforce without Skuid"

What do you like best?

Delivering a dynamic, friendly interface without visualforce and custom controllers. Taking 50 standard Salesforce reports and replacing them with a single Skuid dashboard using real-time filters.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see more chart types supported in the composer interface (gauges, for example).

Using Skuid, it's easier than ever to create an intuitive user experience, with simplified workflow, combining several related objects together into one page. We use it to make dynamic dashboards, object views with inline edit capability, and calendars for custom objects. During our initial implementation of Salesforce, we were constantly having to reject minor feature requests due to the level of effort involved. Now with Skuid, I can happily say yes almost all of the time. We're looking forward to "skuidifying" our entire Salesforce experience.

Skuid review by Paul M.
Paul M.

"Agile tool for an Agile environment"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is a database centric view, going to a user centered view requires a lot of custom code to load all the different data tables... unless you're using Skuid! Fast development of user centered apps and even faster incorporation of feedback. Sprints with Skuid tasks actually deliver functionality in a single sprint.

What do you dislike?

When a page becomes complicated, it can be hard to find dependencies. Such as, what are all the conditional renders on field x? It is a lot of searching xml, especially when things are buried in pop-ups or wizards.

Guided experiences and actionable reports are the two most common patterns for us.

Skuid review by Rich S.
Rich S.

"Game Changing Empowering Software"

What do you like best?

Simple enough for a beginner powerful enough to change the face of your whole company.

What do you dislike?

There are very few things I dislike about the software. It works and it continues to get even better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Open a free developer org in Salesforce and plug the FREE trial version into the ORG and then use some Skuid tutorials to build your first custom pages. Then sit back and laugh when you realize how empowered you have just become!

Thanks to Skuid we have built our whole business on Salesforce. We track patients, medications, appointments, doctors, housing facilities, leases, utility bills, contracts, billing, caseloads, tasks, vehicles, vehicle maintenance etc. etc. Without Skuid the prospect of building customer wizards, custom pages that are visually appealing is possible but cost and expertise prohibitive.

This is how cool this software is. I got bids from companies to build out our custom UI for us and the bids came back at over $500,000. I hired a team of developers to develop a custom UI and portal on a different platform and after a year they did not have a working prototype.

I found SKUID, plugged it into Salesforce and within days I had a working prototype. I terminated the relationship with the developers and built out my custom platform. I can put any field anywhere I want. I can have tabs, calendars, images, wizards that all are created declaratively. Yesterday, we had to enter a bunch of data by hand into the system company wide. Realizing it would take a lot of time to click through all the pages to add the information I created a button on a page that loaded a data entry page where all the patients where listed and they could quickly tab through and enter all the data at once. Tomorrow I will remove the button and we will be back to normal. Had I needed this quick tool it would have cost me thousands and taken too long to implement.

If your brain can think it Skuid can typically get you there in short order. It is amazing. Salesforce is just a relational database. Skuid let's you tap into all that data and display it however you want. You want a pop up with data in it, you got it. What about a table of information with a button that opens up subdetail in that row, no problem. Need graphs and charts, easy peasy. You have to see it to believe it.

It has totally changed my company and my usefulness at my company. We saved over $500k in development costs AND I have over 100 new requests to improve the software and over 90% are implemented already. . .I am a sole admin developer with over 500 licenses.

I sound over the top. . . And I am, this software empowered me to totally change my company. It is amazing!

Skuid review by Administrator

"Awesome customer service, high quality product"

What do you like best?

I like Skuid's response rate to my support needs - makes me feel valued as a customer. Their Essential Support service provides high-quality support!

What do you dislike?

I really have nothing to dislike - my experience has been positive and I recommend this product!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider certification in salesforce, recommend Skuid 101 course

Skuid on salesforce gives our organization's partners an easy to use UI to upload data on the training they complete and targets achieved. Beyond using it to monitor and track partner activities, our organization also uses it for quality control and accounting purposes.

Skuid review by David R.
David R.

"The Answer to App Development"

What do you like best?

Skuid is truly a platform to build quickly and keep costs down. We're able to iterate during the development process and react to changes as they come up.

What do you dislike?

There are very few challenges we come across.

We've been able to utilize Skuid for custom app development for so many different use-cases.

Skuid review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Phenomenal Tool Backed By A Great Team"

What do you like best?

The feature set is robust and the development team at Skuid seems to be dedicated to pushing the envelope of Salesforce UI.

What do you dislike?

It requires a lot of time to get used to what works and what doesn't. It isn't as intuitive as other tools, but that is partially due to how complete the feature set is. The help articles are useful, but they should continue to grow them moving forward, as there are a number of use cases that still require a lot of trial and error to achieve perfection on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the plunge! But be prepared to devote several weeks to learning how to use the tool (otherwise, find a Skuid certified partner to implement and guide you).

Reskinning the standard Salesforce UI without code and creating a more user friendly UX have both been achieved by implementing Skuid for our clients.

Skuid review by Greg J.
Greg J.

"Completely overhauled our salesforce user experience"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to build an interface that 'appears' easy to users, but actually has some pretty sophisticated stuff going on behind it. It also reduced the volume of apex code (and test coverage) we needed to write by around 70%, and delivered a better experience to end users.

What do you dislike?

Still can't do declarative 'by distance' filters as we like to render (and interact with) data geographically, although I'm fairly confident the skuid tech team will get to this in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, and run the numbers on paying for Skuid vs paying for Apex development (either in-house or outsourced) and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Its also much more maintainable by Administrators when you want to do upgrades in future.

It allowed us to build the procurement module so that salesforce wasn't just a CRM anymore - meaning we could quickly identify and reach out to the right suppliers for a particular opportunity.

Skuid review by Glenn E.
Glenn E.

"The best UI toolkit for Salesforce you'll ever see"

What do you like best?

Incredibly powerful, flexible, extensible

What do you dislike?

It'd be churlish to complain. Skuid's awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a game changer. Try it.

Skuid allows us to create incredible user experiences on Salesforce without code, without developers and at a fraction of the time and cost we've ever seen before. The speed we've been able to move with it is incredible.

Skuid review by Pat V.
Pat V.

"Salesforce App Building in no Time"

What do you like best?

Create complex apps from scratch in under 100 hours!!! Typically around 50 hours.

What do you dislike?

What's not yet available: Lightning App components.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The time to completion when customizing Salesforce can't be beat when using Skuid. There are other tools available, but the maturity of Skuid is way beyond the other tools. It'll be years before other options can hold a candle to Skuid.

Managing projects, financial management, managing Salesforce customizations by multiple contractors, managing payroll hours, managing product order, etc.

No other tool allows you to optimize business processes so easily without needing to write any code.

Skuid review by James M.
James M.

"SKUID vs SFDC"

What do you like best?

Multi-edit function as well as creating and building reports/DBs.

What do you dislike?

A bit cumbersome at times. Transition from SFDC to SKUID hasn't been the easiest. Several reports are missing data and don't seem to be pulling in all metrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time. Use training manuals but work hands on.

Multi-edit function.

Skuid review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"UI Dream"

What do you like best?

Skuid is incredible for UI Design! It's so easy to generate new screens with dynamic data in quicker time than you think.

What do you dislike?

The design/style is far from what we were used to with Salesforce. It takes a while to get acquainted to the feature set. We hit a few snags in regards to data filters, but everything has been resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool!

Ability to generate custom UIs without much coding.

Skuid review by Harneet G.
Harneet G.

"Salesforce takes you 0-60! Skuid is 60-80!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use/configurability is extremely high. Great dashboards, charts. Users love the new layouts as they are much more powerful than std SF layouts with advanced filters, etc.

What do you dislike?

Styling is very different from Salesforce

Drag and drop functionality on list views!!

Skuid review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"How Skuid Changed Everything"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize your interface in real time - and do it quickly and deploy quickly

What do you dislike?

Would be great if they had more ways to pull in external data

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great team of people at Skuid!

We have made our salesforce platform more accessible and user friendly for our end users - which has made them more productive and has helped our user adoption significantly

Skuid review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Skuid Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly create new screens in Salesforce for a better user experience that crosses over objects. Skuid lets us make screens that have meaning to our end users

What do you dislike?

I haven't used it long enough to figure out what I dislike

Ability to create custom UI without knowing how to code

Learning about Skuid?

* We monitor all Skuid reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.