Skuid

Skuid helps design a scalable, customizable user experience for any app on the Salesforce Platform.

Work for Skuid?

Showing 18 Skuid reviews
Skuid review by <span>Meredith M.</span>
Meredith M.

My favorite vendor

What do you like best?

Attention to detail, whether it's their developers thinking through all of the different ways that the product can be used and not forgetting the little details that differentiate between a great and superior app or their support staff doing the extra research to provide a comprehensive response/ solution to questions or issues.

What do you dislike?

For a company that is now calling itself a platform, a clear roadmap and dedicated way for customers to provide suggestions for upcoming features is lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best vendors I have worked with, and I've been both customer and consultant in IT for 17 years.

We needed to find a better way to display Salesforce data. The Lightning interface, though years in the making, is still lacking in key features such as the ability to display data from multiple objects on a single page, and is also too sales-oriented for a non-profit like ours to take advantage of the improved UI. We needed a solution where we could build applications on the Salesforce platform for internal and external users on the that could be developed and maintained in-house, without dedicating months of developer time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Skuid
Skuid review by <span>Michael B.</span>
Michael B.

Skuid helps me say yes to enhanced automation requests

What do you like best?

I like that I can fully customize a list view and page layout, making them super functional. The ability to control rendering at the field or table or button level are super empowering. Using the "actions framework" I can make just about anything happen without code (and without consuming Salesforce workflow or flow). The best part is I can do so much on a single screen so the user does not have to navigate multiple objects or workflow screens in order to accomplish a complex task. With drawers and pop-up windows I can keep the user where they need to be, and only redirect when necessary.

What do you dislike?

If you make a mistake, Skuid may not tell you. There are some instances where you can create something with a defect and it can be difficult to identify where you went wrong. The best practice is to continuously save and test while developing to ensure each feature you add is working and doesn't result in a no error failure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get help or training with your initial set up. Mine took a bit long because I did not have training or professional services assist with my deployment. However, the user community is very strong, and there are plenty of resources available. Please note, many of the older posts refer to using Java Script to accomplish complex tasks, but I have found the Actions Framework allows you to avoid Java Script in almost every case.

I am making cleaner list views and page layouts. I can deploy fewer of these to my business, but each has more functionality. I can build short cuts that reduce clicks and save staff time. I have greatly simplified the user experience, hiding the complexity of our Salesforce org behind simple and easy to use list views and detail layouts.

What No-Code Development Platforms solution do you use?

Skuid review by <span>Pete B.</span>
Pete B.

Skuid for Salesforce

What do you like best?

How much you can customize the UI and UX for users. The conditional rendering feature is a must have if you have customers that interact with your Community directly. It allows for a completely customized experience and definitely is a valuable tool to have when doing customer facing deployments.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve. Skuid does releases and it is very difficult to regression test every bug that might be contained in doing an app upgrade. Don’t get me wrong, if you manage to field the right version that meets your needs, then Skuid is a fabulous tool. But finding the right version and getting it into your production org definitely can be challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skuid is such a powerful tool for admins! It allows you to completely build custom pages that your internal or external users can interact with. You have the ability to control the experience which is so nice. I would recommend Skuid!

Getting customer information directly and managing data security so certain objects become visible but others do not. Skuid allows us to deliver the force.com platform to the end user directly, but with a customized view and feel so we don’t need to rely on native page layouts for Salesforce.

Skuid review by <span>Shmuel K.</span>
Shmuel K.

This application has changed my Salesforce life forever!

What do you like best?

I highly recommend this application to anyone using Salesforce. Skuid is a tremendously powerful UI tool that lets you display your data in ways only limited by your imagination.

The strongest Skuid feature is Skuid's unstopping devotion to add more out of the box functionality that provides an admin or developer with the ability to quickly create interactive Salesforce pages or reports that would have taken orders longer to create with Visualforce.

But it doesn't stop there. With Javascript snippets you can do almost anything. A web service or Apex call is a couple of lines away, and Skuid's Javascript version of records and record collections is easy to understand, even for a newbie.

What do you dislike?

A weak point of Skuid's page building is the ability to organize and document your JavaScript code and out of the box models. When building complex pages it can get difficult to remember why you added particular action at a point in the page flow. Usually, it's to get around a Salesforce limit, or to save yourself some JavaScript coding.

It would be hugely helpful to be able to add comments to any part of your page including, but not limited to, models, UI-only fields, actions, and tables.

In terms of code organization, Skuid isn't an IDE, although it has become one for me. This makes it hard to understand what a page is doing when there are dozens of JavaScript snippets without any way of categorizing or organizing them (say into folders).

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to try this out. Think of a need you need to meet, and ask Skuid (or me) how easy it is to meet that need. Then, try it out in a developer environment. You will be blown away for weeks on end.

One of the biggest business problems I've encountered over the years with Salesforce is the problem of data visualization.

Salesforce allows you to create a structured relational database, but lacks the tools to take advantage of those relationships.

With standard reporting, one-to-many relationships are difficult to report on and many-to-many relationships are impossible to report on. With Skuid, I've created reports that can properly aggregate and display as many levels of relationships that I want in Salesforce. And it takes me a couple hours.

On the subject of normalization, another benefit I've realized is page interactivity. Skuid's modern speed and look aside, bringing all of your relational data to one page is enormously beneficial to the user and the developers. The user, for the sake of convenience, and the developer for data control.

Skuid review by <span>Tyler N.</span>
Tyler N.

Great UI Builder with Tons of Flexibility

What do you like best?

The ease of use, I can quickly prototype something for a co worker to show how it would work, then finish it within minutes or hours depending on the complexity.

Speed is great, with the reduction in page loads to access data, my users are able to access what they need very quickly.

What do you dislike?

Requires knowledge of Skuid specific programming/methods if you need to write custom code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial it first to ensure it will meet your needs, but more than likely it will.

We are solving for opening new stores quicker and easier than before, we work diligently in Salesforce to track the stores through the opening process, Skuid makes it dead simple to visualize data and keep track of things in an automated fashion.

Skuid review by <span>Jared J.</span>
Jared J.

Don't want to go back to Salesforce without Skuid

What do you like best?

Delivering a dynamic, friendly interface without visualforce and custom controllers. Taking 50 standard Salesforce reports and replacing them with a single Skuid dashboard using real-time filters.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see more chart types supported in the composer interface (gauges, for example).

Using Skuid, it's easier than ever to create an intuitive user experience, with simplified workflow, combining several related objects together into one page. We use it to make dynamic dashboards, object views with inline edit capability, and calendars for custom objects. During our initial implementation of Salesforce, we were constantly having to reject minor feature requests due to the level of effort involved. Now with Skuid, I can happily say yes almost all of the time. We're looking forward to "skuidifying" our entire Salesforce experience.

Learning about Skuid?

* We monitor all Skuid reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.