SkyCiv Structural 3D

4.7

SkyCiv Structural 3D is a cloud-based Structural Analysis program that allows users to model and solve complex 3D structures. It is completely online; requiring no installation to use.

Work for SkyCiv Structural 3D?

Learning about SkyCiv?

Compare SkyCiv Structural 3D to Similar Solutions

SkyCiv Structural 3D Reviews

Showing 11 SkyCiv reviews
SkyCiv review by Juan Alejandro C.
Juan Alejandro C.

"From the modeling of structures to the innovation of vessels and processes"

What do you like best?

What I like the most is the quick and easy for creating a model and modify it. I like I can access from any device to my models and I can run it very easily. The libraries of the materials and structural elements are enought to model any physical structure.

The way of payment and the accessible prices seems very good to me. I am in Mexico and this product makes my services competitive using genuine software.

The online response time makes me feel safe when modeling any structure, I repeat, I am a Chemical Engineer and I learned to model in third dimension and to perform FEM analysis with this software.

What do you dislike?

Actually I do not dislike anything of the software, I've used it for about 2 years and they always surprised me with new complements and features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Este software lo he comparado con otros softwares en la nube, no hay duda que SKYCIV es el que ofrece mayor facilidad para realizar tus analisis de estructuras. Lo recomiendo ampliamente, incluso si no eres Ingeniero Civil Estructural.

I started using it to model the structure of a vacuum chamber door to be used as an innovation in a process, none of the traditional pressure vessel calculation software helped me calculate that structure. I did not know anything about modeling with finite elements at the time and SKYCIV helped me to model the structure quickly and easily. In 2 days of use with SKYCIV I was able to solve my problem and build my equipment. The customers could not believe in what way I solved the problem.

Since then SKYCIV helps me solve complex structural problems and where there is pressure or vacuum involved too, I am a Chemical Engineer.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SkyCiv Structural 3D
SkyCiv review by Avi B.
Avi B.

"Structural Analysis Made Easy"

What do you like best?

For a once-in-a-while user like me, SkyCiv combine ease of use with affordable pay-per-use. Ten minutes learning, ten minutes test model and you get your first results, clearly presented with color code on 3D rendered visualization. Amazing.

Company is young and support is fast and willing both to help and get feedback. They did returned and asked about my feedback, looking to implement what's appropriate. Being cloud based software, you do not need to maintain the software, always working with the latest version.

What do you dislike?

When things gets more complex, you have limited set of modeling tools. However, the SW is evolving and the team responsive to feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. You'll love it. So easy to start with, you have nothing to loose. Even if you are using other tools, this one is very useful to quickly verify concepts before starting the full model.

Designing single-axis sun tracking for my solar roof. Fast iterations let me optimize my design for minimal weight and build effort before I get to cutting and welding steel. That really works, and now I do have much lighter yet stronger design then the initial attempts.

What Civil Engineering Design solution do you use?

SkyCiv review by Richard G.
Richard G.

"SkyCiv is a great program for structural analysis!"

What do you like best?

I like SkyCiv's simplicity the best. It's easy for anyone with the basics of matrix stiffness method or modal analysis methods to simply step in, create the structures they want to analyze statically, and run the analysis. It's much easier to use than RISA.

Additionally, their feedback and customer service is some of the best I've seen. Their response time is so fast t's almost like they're on call to answer questions. You talk with a person about your specific problem. They don't feed you a copy-paste FAQ answer that's "close" to your question, they address it directly and you get solutions.

What do you dislike?

The only issues I've had aren't issues with SkyCiv, but rather, issues with browsers running SkyCiv. Because it's browser-based, there can be some headaches if you (or your office) have old versions of browsers that aren't as compatible with SkyCiv as others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free options display the ease of use very well. What you get with the determinant beam analyzer is exactly what you'd get with the other features - just in more dimensions.

I typically use SkyCiv to check my indeterminate beam calculations for classes. I am a structural engineering graduate student, so I often have to check my work with SkyCiv. Additionally, use of SkyCiv during my term project in Advanced Structural Analysis (5 story, 3 bay x 3 bay building) was indispensable.

I would love if we had this software at work, but that's not my decision to make.

SkyCiv review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"User Friendly Internet Based Engineering Software"

What do you like best?

I have been a SkyCiv member since the beginning, when they offered a simple beam calculator. This has given me the opportunity to watch this company continue to grow over the years and become what it is now.

The SkyCiv team seems to be always improving existing features, while working on developing their newest feature. The software is easy to use and anyone with an engineering background can easily create an account and get to work. Lastly, SkyCiv has great customer service. I have emailed them a number of times with questions and I would get a response back in an hour or two, likely from Sam the founder

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that they do not offer a connection calculator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for someone who needs to design on occasion, not full time.

I work for a large global company, who only offers design software to designers at their major offices. I work at a more local level and this software helps me design and/or check structures effectively and efficiently on the rare occasion I need to. Plus, being that it's web based, I don't need to jump through any IT hurdles to use the software.

SkyCiv review by Kai F.
Kai F.

"Works well"

What do you like best?

I like that I can save load cases and create custom beams with specific section properties.

The workflow is fast. I use this software for quick checks to load cases on existing beams.

What do you dislike?

I wish this were available in an iPhone / iPad app. The web based software works well on a laptop, but it is a bit difficult to use on your phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I only use the beam software.

It works really well.

I haven't tried the rest of the modules, but based on the performance of the beams software, I would guess that they work well too.

I use this software to quickly check frame strength.

SkyCiv review by VINAY J.
VINAY J.

"Simple and user friendly cloud based engineering software "

What do you like best?

1.The concept of cloud based engineering software makes the same files available to our colleagues instantly, and no time is wasted in sharing through hard disks or pen drives.

2.The software is pretty user friendly. The user interface is pretty good.

What do you dislike?

1.There are no preset models. If they incorporate preset models like that of scissor lifts, etc.., then it will be able to reach out to a large audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you to use this software and provide feedback to their makers. These guyz do take feedback seriously and they make sure the feedback is worked on as soon as possible.

1.We are currently developing a product which involves a lot of structural analysis work. Skyciv being a easy to use and a cloud based software helps us to manage the analyses much better.

SkyCiv review by Consultant

"Great software"

What do you like best?

I am using the software to investigate the behavior of a construction given various elements to build it with. It is really easy to learn and you can use the built-in templates or make your own. It also allows the use of plates that can be meshed giving you a glimpse of FEA. The one thing that is outstanding is their service. Extremely helpful and going far beyond what you would expect in this day and age. I actually had one of the developers assist me, even making some drawings for me. I never had that happen with any software support and I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

What do you dislike?

Density should be in ISO units, i.e. g/cm3 or ton/m3 not kg/m3

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and very flexible to understand the forces and resulting stresses in a structure. Highly recommended

Deciding which structure to use for a given application

SkyCiv review by Myles D.
Myles D.

"Best Damn Software Ever!"

What do you like best?

The incredible ease of use and striking intellect of the entire staff and their associates world wide.

What do you dislike?

That the software is so easy to use that I regret all of the massively expensive software I've ever bought.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't stop.

I am solving beam and structural member issues. I have saved thousands of dollars and potentially hundreds of hours of hand calcs

SkyCiv review by Jacob R.
Jacob R.

"Great Software Easy to Use and Exceptional Support"

What do you like best?

Pricing is straightforward, software is easy to navigate and the customer support is great. It's clear the Skyciv is continually improving their product.

What do you dislike?

Some Tools still in BETA , other that that I have no other dislikes yet still fairly new to the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking for simple effective structural software with great customer support look no further.

Structural Skids and Containers, Ease of use simple and effective

SkyCiv review by Robert A.
Robert A.

"Fast tool with complete results"

What do you like best?

Nothing beats this for quick analysis. I use the beam product for machine structure. I can quickly get answers to beam problems and document my answers. If I need to do more for PE reasons, it gives me the equations used for the model.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had a lookup for standard structural sections (I-beams, Channels, and Tubing)

Solving structural problems in machine design. It is a real time saver over looking up the beam calculations and performing them the hard way.

SkyCiv review by Matthew N.
Matthew N.

"SkyCiv"

What do you like best?

Good economical way of performing 3D modelling without having to purchase expensive software. Simple to use.

What do you dislike?

Some of the data entry for load cases is buggy. Data is lost. Requires a separate model to be put together for each load case.

We are verifying the design of Racking Systems.

Learning about SkyCiv Structural 3D?

* We monitor all SkyCiv Structural 3D reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare SkyCiv Structural 3D to Similar Solutions