Skype for Business (formerly Lync)

(6,088)

LyncProfessional meetings and collaboration—all integrated with your Office apps

Work for Skype for Business (formerly Lync)?

Learning about Skype Business?

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Reviews

Showing 6,094 Skype Business reviews
Skype Business review by Gabriel G.
Gabriel G.

"High quality videoconferences with Skype for business"

What do you like best?

From my point of view, I think that is a great tool for business communication, especially in situations of long distance communication, I believe that the fact that Skype for Business allows to create conference rooms through video call and in said inclusion People who belong to the work area as well as to third parties in order that everyone perceives the same presentation seems fantastic to me. It has a feature that pleased me personally and that it also allows me to make use of 365 office tools such Excel, Word or PowerPoint while running a video conference, that means that it offers multiple possibilities when it comes to getting involved with the program from my point of view, these characteristics make this a unique and essential tool for the working world.

What do you dislike?

Being a tool that offers a very good long-distance communication and Office tools, it also requires a high-performance PC to cover such demand for resources, therefore, in low budget pcs, or rather, low-end, They may not obtain an optimal experience because they can not prevail in the face of this demand for resources. Another feature of this software that I have been experiencing is that sometimes there are often problems with fluency regarding calls on video calls, sometimes due to internet connection but sometimes not. It usually works well and I like the program but I can not help but feel discomfort when these problems arise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recomended, it's a excellent program, it offers you the best comunication through videocalls. Good quality videoconferences wherever you stay.

In general, it has allowed me to establish communications with multiple companies in different parts of the world, facilitating business, and so, facilitating day to day work. It has allowed me even better communication in the company even with my own business and my partners, has made my responsibilities something easier and practical to cope with and less stressful.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Skype for Business (formerly Lync)
Skype Business review by Brady B.
Brady B.

"Skype is great for our business"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how organized and well set up the program is. It is easy to find any feature you may need and they are easy to use once you find what you need. Every feature that i require at my business helps tremendously in my day to day work. It allows me to get ahold of fellow employees without the need to yell across the room or have to get up to let them know something. It is also very useful in obtaining email address or phone numbers of coworkers that you do not know right off hand, which makes working much easier. The feature where you can see if someone is available to talk or busy also makes life much easier.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes has some little bugs where it will not show a notification that you get a message and you will just keep working not aware that you received that message. The screen share option can also be a little finicky at times where it is just confusing to get going.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get this program if you have several employees that are not in close proximity or if you work in a quite environment then this is perfect for you.

We are able to better communicate between the separate floors of our clinic so we can relay information immediately instead of having to go up or down a floor to get information across. Also, it makes tech support very easy as they are able to control your computer through the program.

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Skype Business review by william f.
william f.

"EASY Simple and helpful"

What do you like best?

Right when I sign on to my Workstation it automatically logs me into skype which is very convenient and efficient for my workstation when I need help or if I ned to make a conference call.

What do you dislike?

It does not close unless I manually close the application it remains open and does not go away so I have to manually close the application for it to not appear on the workstation it becomes quiet annoying when I log in every day to my work station and I have to manually close the application from within the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a simple and easy to use interface and will enhance and better your business if you need to reach out for help or guidance from a supervisor or a support team make sure if you want to sign out you click on it within the app or else the interface will stay open.

If needed I can conference call my support/technical team for questions and or assistance itdts a nicce tools to have if I need to talk or have a meeting with a supervisor.

Skype Business review by Aurélien L.
Aurélien L.

"Easy to use and high performing solutions with lack of customizations"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business is really efficient in its core functionalities : communication is simple, fast and easy. For main usage, it does not require specific training for users (including for users in factories for instance). In my opinion, it is a excellent tool to use in combination with email program; it indeed reduces (more or less, but it can be significant) the amount of emails, as simple and quick communication is now directly handled with Skype for Business. Eventually, it is also - by far from what I know - one of few tools perfectly serviceable on many various devices, without difficulties ; and this is a great point for this kind of communication software.

What do you dislike?

I think Skype for Business may be a better software if it includes more customization for each user. It should be great for instance to allow each user to customize the homepage, as the software is normally always launched on PC and on mobiles phones (in our organization, Skype is automatically launched at Windows start for all users). There is also improvement to make in the files sharing directly from Skype for Business; for the moment, it is really basic, and even sharing a screenshot is not that efficient (because thumbnail is undersize) and can be problematic in calling conversation with many users. For several users, it is now usual to share only links (dropbox links for instance) instead of documents directly on Skype for Business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to launch it when Windows start for all users.

We simply increased total amount of communication; benefits can also be done because users are no longer interrupted by phone calls when only a simple piece of information need to be done. It is now done with Skype for Business.

Skype Business review by Tom M.
Tom M.

"Outdated solution that needs a lot of TLC"

What do you like best?

One feature I like is that it saves all of your communications (texts) in to Outlook. Another feature I like is the integration with Outlook allowing me to create a new Skype meeting when I create a calendar entry.

One final feature I like is that I can see who is online, who is in a meeting etc.

What do you dislike?

Skype for Business is an ok communications platform and when it was under the Lync banner worked well. Unfortunately when it was acquired by Microsoft , it seems to have been forgotten from a development perspective.

It crashes on a semi regular basis. Every time I disconnect/connect from my laptop dock is loses the appropriate audio settings meaning I have to change them to the right one before I make or receive a call - really frustrating.

If you make your details public you'll get inundated with spammers etc who have no relationship with you (though some will try to get one if you accept their connection request).

The internet connectivity required is quite intensive compared to other solutions meaning. This means that if I am in a country where the internet connectivity is not that good, I can't use the solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrate the solution with Microsoft Office and make sure your profile is not publicly viewable.

The main benefit we realised is a cheaper and more efficient way to communicate with our customers and prospects.

The ability to see who is online and, more importantly, who is available is a great benefit as I can quickly and easily see if someone is free for a quick chat etc.

Skype Business review by Aimee E.
Aimee E.

"Essential tool for dispersed teams!"

What do you like best?

we have tried a number of different software products to host meetings with our geographically dispersed team. Many of them were clunky or difficult to use, and our meeting were spent troubleshooting.Skype for business makes it easy to connect the right people to the meetings, allow everyone to fully communicate, and share screens, documents and presentations. It also is the best intra-office messaging tool we have used It works very seamlessly with Outlook and all our other tools..

What do you dislike?

I found the process of setting up distinct groups to be a bit more cumbersome than I expected. I also wish it had a Slack-like feature to have different conversational "channels" going at once. It is great for instant communications but is sometimes difficult to pull up info from previous conversations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a geographically dispersed team, this product will make it much easier to collaborate, hold meetings, and share documents and presentations.

Previously we used a separate tool for interoffice communications, and relied on WebEx or other tools for conferencing, which required downloading separate software, lots of troubleshooting, etc. with Skype for business we can have meetings with our remote teams, quickly share screens and presentations when needed, and quickly communicate via the messaging feature.

Skype Business review by Maria Francia G.
Maria Francia G.

"Skype for Business, the key to successful communication in your work. "

What do you like best?

Personally I think that most of Microsoft's software are very productive and Skype for Business does not escape from it. I find it to be an application that is very easy to use, organized and accessible to anyone, since it is available for multiple devices. Their calls are one of the features that I use the most, I can talk with my work group and carry out online meetings through videoconferences. It is a fantastic application, it facilitates interaction and closeness with my co-workers.

Thanks to the fact that it is integrated with Office applications such as Excel or Word, I can share and transfer my files to my companions in an easier way and without interruptions.

What do you dislike?

In some cases the notifications do not arrive at the precise moment what is harmful at the time of receiving some order or important information in my work. Other times it has happened to me that when making calls, they do not have good quality or resolution, I think that should improve this because the communication can be affected by this detail, since it is a little uncomfortable.

With Skype for Business, my ties of instant communication with my colleagues in the company have narrowed. Wherever I go I'm always aware of what happens in my work, just enough to take my phone or my computer to make a call, send a document and say how I want to visualize and take control. Any form of communication is safe with this software.

Skype Business review by Raul Lorenzo G.
Raul Lorenzo G.

"The business communication platform is called Skype. "

What do you like best?

What I like about Skype for companies, is that it allows me to be in constant communication, through it I can talk, chat, allow me to see the co-worker to whom I give precise instructions of the business, creating in me a feeling of closeness with whom I am doing the feedback. I love being able to access Skype for companies both on my phone and on my PC, I just have to have Android for the phone and the Windows operating system, Linux, etc. In the same way, I like Skype for companies, because during the time I make the call, I can divide the screen in two and share presentations, photos, etc., and I can make video calls with HD quality.

What do you dislike?

Among the things I do not like about Skype for companies is that it does not allow me to make emergency calls in case I need them to solve a setback, however, I will have to use the cell phone or landline, in addition to this, Everyone can access which is very easy to have unwanted contacts. Sometimes audio and video fails when I am communicating with other companies, and with ours as well. It is very susceptible to be a victim of catching a virus when downloading the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it for being an easy and quick tool to install, both in the mobile, as in another device, works with almost all computers, with Windows, Linux, etc. In addition, so that you can access other Skype users in part of the world, because it works with all firewalls, it has nothing more to configure. It is very economical to use

With Skype for companies I make national and international calls from my house or in a record time, although the call is not free, it is worth it, since it is super economic, I can also access it from the PC, tablet, mobile, usable, Xbox, etc. I have seen the need to communicate with my relatives who are in other countries, and with Skype we have been able to maintain family closeness, as well as conversations of an employment nature, to obtain an agricultural product, the tool has been very useful.

Skype Business review by Alaa H.
Alaa H.

"Skype makes work environments easier"

What do you like best?

Skype's calling quality is the reason why our company chose it, it allowed us to communicate with our 3rd party vendors across the country in ease and to host video calls and share our screens with quality and efficiency.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

this product will serve your work environment needs,so i highly recommend you to use it

Skype for Business goes with you wherever you go.

Nowadays mobility is fundamental to keep pace and have the work done. Skype for Business is a communication tool for businesses available wherever there is Internet and mobile access, which drastically reduces the cost of IT by supporting home-based workers and mobile workers

Skype Business review by Erue D.
Erue D.

"With Skype conference calls bring people more together!"

What do you like best?

It makes a big difference to be able to see other people in a conference call meeting. Before conducting our meeting with Skype, it was difficult to hear what the members said, who was talking and what could be happening, as visual aids.

the conferences and meetings are much more efficient using video chat, we can connect from a phone with android or iphone or a pc be window or linux.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally we have issues with calls being dropped or the video image is a little jerky causing a lapse in communication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

skype helps connect the world, adapts to the technological reality of our times, companies like individuals should use skype, we gain time and we improve communication, if you are looking for a technological help to communicate in an effective way skype busisnes in the option.

fast installation on all your devices, microsoft security, you can install it and take it everywhere

Skype for Business goes with you wherever you go.

Skype Business review by Alyson D.
Alyson D.

"User friendly and good tool"

What do you like best?

This product is pretty user friendly. I like that you can add favorite contacts for quick find. It is a helpful quick chat and conferencing tool and useful when working with remote or global teams. Skype for Business is a life-saver for fast feedback and communication. I like that you can view if someone is available, busy, out of office, etc.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app does not work well at all. It is really hit or miss if you can log in and connect to a meeting and sometimes it kicks you out. I would really like to see this improved so I can use Skype for Business "on the go" without having to use my computer. Also, sometimes document share does not work. It is a nice feature when it does work, but it is hit or miss.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product overall. Have only had a few minor technical issues in several years of using it.

Overall the tool is very useful for fast feedback and communication. It is nice to see if people are currently available or have an Out of Office message up. Although many of my colleagues do not update their status currently, I can see this being very useful as we move to an open work environment without assigned workstations. Skype for Business also provides the ability to easily engage with global and remote team members. This is my company's primary tool for conferences and can be used globally.

Skype Business review by Stever Jose G.
Stever Jose G.

"Effective communication and with cost savings for the company"

What do you like best?

The possibility of having internal and external contacts to the company that use Skype For Business

To be able to include my personal Skype contacts in a single tool

The meeting rooms and their capacity to add 250 people in a room

To join a meeting is not necessary a desktop application and can be added by a plugin or direct dialing a local number and accessing the pin of the room.

When I travel and use Skype for business to make calls to my country, the cost for the company is a local call because the head office is in my country despite using it outside of it.

the multiple facilities to share files, documents, screens and edit file in collaboration in a meeting.

the integration of skype for business with Office 365 and the applications of Ofimatica desktops that you can contact any partner who has edited a document or sent you an email with a single click.

to be able to organize my most used contacts with favorites and group them by states.

to be able to hold meetings and presentations and be able to record them and then use it as training material for those who did not participate in the original meeting.

the file transfer is very good and you always have the files available locally.

The ability to leave a voice message on the answering machine.

how instuitive is the application

from a single window to be able to access certain actions and not have to move from

the functionalities of managing the audience and being a moderator, presenter or participant.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to send attachments in a chat meeting.

the identification of several people talking at once is difficult if they are more than 10 identify the speaker, so I think the last point mentioned in favor that you can regulate who presents.

the conversations you make from the mobile device are not registered in the chat history with outlook

locate the function of chat in the integration with office 365 on the web owa is not so easy you have to explain it to the users

Recommendations to others considering the product

That they try the solution in the cloud if they have doubts so that they validate their potential and in this way they can make the final decision to acquire the onpremise or a hybrid

779/5000

Solve problems of communicating with customers and suppliers with cost savings because the calls are at local cost or assumed in the O365 license package.

It also solves a problem of availability of the support team in areas or foreign branches, avoiding the transfer of them and ensuring customer service from the office with shared desktop functions.

Moving for meetings or training, that mobilization of personnel is a cost that was benefited when implementing the implementation of skype for busines

Benefits

Increase in productivity

Availability of the work team.

Teamwork is facilitated.

Reduction of costs in personnel transfers and long distance telephone calls.

Skype Business review by Tyler M.
Tyler M.

"Incredibly useful... when it works."

What do you like best?

Love the instant communication, ability to screenshare seamlessly, send documents and images without email, conversation tracking, contact grouping, and constant online status for contacts (online, away, out of office, do not disturb, etc.)

What do you dislike?

Mobile integration could be significantly better. Mobile and desktop almost work like separate products - I cannot continue a conversation across both. For instance, if I start a conversation at my desk I can't pick it up on my phone once I leave. Screen sharing works great when it doesn't crash the program, which I've found is 10-15% of the time. When I need to present something that absolutely cannot crash, I opt for another program that's less convenient but much more stable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for quick communication and instant messaging, integration with Outlook, and sharing screens. Would fully recommend if integration with mobile were more seamless and if program stability issues were completely worked out. I have not tried similar messaging programs like Slack, but I imagine it would offer similar features. Since I am an end user and not involved in procurement, I'm not sure how pricing compares.

Instant communication across teams, group chats where multiple teams/locations are involved.

Skype Business review by Stefan T.
Stefan T.

"Name says it, it's Skype but for Business."

What do you like best?

I love the organizational tools from Skype for business, meaning you can create different groups, and you can create multiple chats which you can either have combined in one window or detached separately. I love the DND option where no one can reach to you if you are doing something important you don't want to be distracted.

What do you dislike?

I use Skype for presentational purposes mostly, and Presentation mode works very well as well as remote connection feature. However I have to admit that I miss Annotation options a lot like the ones where you can highlight something around it or write a text on the screen, those options are really crucial for anyone that uses Skype as their main presentational tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone should check Skype for Business if that is an option for them.

At my company, we use Skype for written communication and occasionally we use it for Spoken conversations.

Skype Business review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Skype for Business Works Great in Consulting Firm Environment"

What do you like best?

I use Microsoft Outlook, and something I perhaps like best about Skype for Business is how easily its conferencing ability meshes with that email software in particular (Skype is owned by Microsoft). It is super easy to send out phone/video conference invitations and edit setting whenever you need. In general, Skype for Business is an awesome multi functional chat/call solution for the office.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say there is anything I dislike, but certainly a feature I wish was available (or maybe is but I just don't know about it) is an ability to 'page all' as in send a voice message or chat to everyone in the office at once. This could be useful if one person isn't at their desk and they might still be able to hear the page from somewhere else in the office. I have seen this on IP Phone systems, where it would come out on everyone's speakerphone, but if there was a way to do that on Skype it would be icing on the cake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I certainly would recommend Skype for Business in an office setting over some of the other call and conferencing software that is available (especially for anyone who already uses Microsoft Office and/or Outlook).

Skype for Business helps with multiple capacities in an office setting. It provides IP phone numbers for everyone, simple call and chat functions, video and voice conferencing capabilities, and seamlessly integrates with other Microsoft software such as Outlook.

Skype Business review by Craig R.
Craig R.

"Good app for instant messaging & workable for meetings"

What do you like best?

I like the instant messaging feature. It also shows who's online or offline & for how many days. The mobile app is also really good if you have a strong internet. The ability to connect it to a desk IP phone is great & with a wired connection its the most economical out there. The support is great as well.

What do you dislike?

The calling feature is not that great. It requires really good internet to make calls without it dropping. The mobile app doesn't work well when it runs in the back ground and doesn't show when people actually message you. There are some limitations in terms of joining meetings while using the app on your phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should go for the app as it is very user friendly & works well. If you are using it as the only calling app then make sure the internet is great especially for mobile phones. It works great on all your devices. If you have a Cisco softphone or any other IP based calling client then this the platform you can use & see the calling as a backup. Incorporating it into a IP based handset then it works like a charm & can become your desk phone easily.

The problem of having an IP calling feature active on the cellphone. So far the benefits have been good for calling using the dialing feature. If your internet is good, its a great app.

Skype Business review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.

"Works Great, only a few glitches over the past year."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to connect with individuals around my university. Is a great way to get a hold of people fast when I know they are going to be at their computers.

What do you dislike?

The search feature is cumbersome in a large organization. Sometimes, I have some technical issues sending messages when I find who I believe is the correct contact

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have this platform at your organization, please be sure to create a culture on campus that uses the platform and that remembers to stay logged on. If this culture is not established, it will take users a long time to answer their messages which defeats the purpose of this instant messenger system.

Please do not use this platform for email like messages. It is much better for sending quick messages back and forth.

Skype for Business connects the employees at the University allowing for smoother hand-offs when students are visiting campus, quick solutions to questions, and convenient campus wide messaging systen

Skype Business review by Stanislava P.
Stanislava P.

"IM for business"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is set up from the start, there is no need for you to enter your details, everything is already pre-configured and you can just start using Skype for Business with your office 365 account, and you can easily get in touch with anyone from your company. I love the option where you can schedule meetings and synchronize them with your outlook calendar which is super useful if you don't want anyone to interrupt you while you are on an important meeting.

What do you dislike?

Skype for business sometimes crash or gets nonresponsive, which can be a big problem especially if you had many chats open and many conversations started.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Skype for business to anyone that wants to stay productive throughout the working day.

I use Skype to get in touch with my colleagues, that are not at the same location as me. We can cover any hot topic, or we can have the discussion about an email thread rather than emailing and waiting for a response.

Skype Business review by Samantha T.
Samantha T.

"Skype for Business"

What do you like best?

I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication

What do you dislike?

I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication vI like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication vI like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication

Skype Business review by Ayan H.
Ayan H.

"Perfect platform for business meetings with remote clients"

What do you like best?

The absolutely perfect and clean interface for voice and video calls; not to mention the other options to share files and multi-person meetings. I like the mobile app more than the desktop version due to the cleaner look and ease of use, but I won't complain for the desktop version as well. You can share a presentation, annotate things to highlight, and share access control to others who want to present.

What do you dislike?

The difficulty in connecting with users outside my company. It's damn difficult to search for a user with their email address even when I have selected "Skype Directory". Often results and redundant and non-leading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Skype for Business because it's feature rich, works pretty well during network congestions and serves the true purpose of facilitating a perfect business meeting.

Client and team meetings. It solves the real pain of connecting with clients and peer working out of a different location.

Skype Business review by Rakesh  A.
Rakesh A.

"Using skype for business from past 3 yrs"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business is a secure and reliable enterprise edition of the globally adopted consumer version Skype; the most popular voice communication service in the world. Skype for Business brings together all of the typically disparate ways to communicate into one platform, so employees can access and use multiple communication applications through a single interface, using any device and from any location.

What do you dislike?

it’s important to state the obvious; you must have your computer or cell phone on in order to receive Skype calls. The good news is if you subscribe to the voicemail feature you won’t miss the call.

Another obvious disadvantage is because Skype is a voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) provider, your video or audio connection will only be as good as your Internet connectivity. If your connection is slow or intermittent, you might have trouble placing or staying connected to a call.

One great Skype feature is its instant messaging tool, which is perfect for collaboration on documents. For example, if you’re working on a document in the office, you could IM a co-worker to get their input and attach a copy of the document. Starting a dialogue in real-time helps keep teams connected and offices productive.

Skype Business review by Derek S.
Derek S.

"Great communication tool for Scheduling Online Meetings and Collaboration"

What do you like best?

Sharing screens feature which enables efficient cross-collaboration among colleagues.

File sharing is also very seamless and easy to do

Appreciate the integration of Outlook into Lync, where it makes scheduling of meetings very easy

Love the different kinds of emojis available, enhances the use of expressions for communication

purposes

What do you dislike?

Audio may be choppy at times through lync

sometimes screen sharing can be very slow, depending on connection of user

There's a minor glitch in terms of how much text you can copy and paste into Chat Window

From time-to-time, there will always be sign-in issues, where it is constantly asking for my login, where login credentials pop-up window is showing up randomly

Wish there were more emjois to use, such as the "shake my head" emoji"

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the BEST communication/video conferencing tools on the market, great for cross-collaboration and presentations

Great for presentation purposes when audience is located from different countries.

File sharing is very easy as well with no issues majority of the time

Main purpose of this is to Improve the way colleagues communicate with one another, whether that is sharing screens to collaborate, share files seamlessly without requiring emails, or create polls to vote on a particular selection

Skype Business review by Victor F.
Victor F.

"Excellent communication for business environments"

What do you like best?

1.- Variety of ways of communication: IM messages, voice calls and video calls.

2.- Ability to perform desktop presentation (or specific applications) and allow viewers to take control.

3.- The variety of available status for selection allowing other people to identify if you are able to attend calls and meetings or if you are busy or unable to respond (when making a desktop presentation).

4.- Integration with other Microsoft tools, for example Outlook. Allowing scheduling meetings in the Outlook with links to access Skype meeting rooms. If you have the Skype for Business application you can access the meetings without problems, if you do not have it, the option to access via web will be offered, excellent for those users who are not members of the organization and who do not work with this tool.

5.- Excellent way to organize contacts, groups, relationships and status.

6.- Accessible from the PC and smartphone

What do you dislike?

1.- When you work from PC and Smartphone, synchronization problems are generated. In some occasions you can lose messages or calls.

2.- When you present problems of Internet access as intermittent, in some occasions you can be connected to the application but the messages that you receive from other users will not be able to reach you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent tool to optimize the communication of members of an organization, without any doubt, of the best options of the market.

I constantly work with multiple teams based in different countries. I participate in multiple meetings with this application to solve faults associated with services provided by the company to which I provide my services. Among the benefits is the easy organization of meetings and rapid execution of calls, allowing the attention of urgent events can be managed as soon as possible.

Skype Business review by Richard G.
Richard G.

"Skype the best option to communicate."

What do you like best?

I like skype since I can communicate with my colleagues from any place where I am for any reason, I can share images referring to the activity that is developing for the company and ask for opinions by Skype I can also make video conferences with several colleagues at At the same time, I also like skype because I can use it from my computer in the office or on the house screen, even from my cell phone.

What do you dislike?

the truth, I do not dislike anything of Skype, it is a quite complete tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the most of Skype as it is a free application and very easy to use.

On one occasion I was from a remote station far from the office and I needed to validate several information regarding a service with my colleagues who were in the office and I was able to solve all the maneuver through eskype with the help of my colleagues. Obtaining satisfactory answers.

Skype Business review by Virginia P.
Virginia P.

"Perfect way to communicate with the team"

What do you like best?

Some of my favorite features are

1. If I have a question for someone but they are not showing as active in Skype I can set a "Tag for Status Change" so when the become available I can be notified and ask my question at that time without feeling like I'm interrupting them.

2. Other favorite features include that I can choose to record or not record the message exchange.

3. Ability to pin my favorite (or most frequently contacts) at the top

4. Great that I can write a quick note in the "what's happening today" banner. For example, since I work virtually I don't have office mates to say "hey, I'm running out for a quick errand, I'll be back in 90 min" and so I can just use the "What's happening" to tell people when I will be back and if they can reach me on my cell, etc.

5. ability to quickly call someone via the application if the Instant Messaging isn't working

6. Ability to actually cut and paste in charts, images, graphics, etc

There is a mobile option which some of my co-workers have used.

What do you dislike?

I guess in some ways it can be a bit "big brotherish" in that even when I log on from home in the evening, if I have the application open my co-workers will see it. I can override and "appear away" or simply just exit out - so this isn't really a major issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our company, which is a mixture of virtual as well as teams in the same building has increased our ability to communicate.

Being able to quickly talk with team members without having to exchange a bunch of emails.

Being able to see if someone is working or not working.

Being able to call someone via the applicaiton, or start a screen share, etc.

Skype Business review by Harneet S.
Harneet S.

"Skype for Business - Great choice"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Skype for Business, is that it makes it really easy for me to talk to my colleagues and acquaintances I work with that I do not know. It provides a good ID Card system that allows me to see what other colleagues do in the company that I haven't met yet. It provides seamless integration between sending attachments and pictures and emojis for our ease.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Skype for Business is not much since I haven't had many problems with the product, but one thing I do dislike is that it could be more accurate in terms of when people have been signed off etc., or away from their desks as that becomes an issue when I am trying to get in contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I fully recommend this product for people planning to use an internal network for employees to contact one another. The ease it provides to send emails, attachments, messages etc., allows for really effective and efficient work procedures I believe.

Business problems I am solving with this product I think happen to be that it provides ease of access inside the internal network of employees and giving them a platform to do presentations, share desktops with other employees when screen control is required for issues. It provides good quality sound quality that allows for easy to follow through during important meetings. It allows the internal network of employees to see activity levels easily and brightly which helps a lot especially for interns like me who have many day to day questions.

Skype Business review by Josie K.
Josie K.

"Easy communication for in office chats"

What do you like best?

The ease of communicating with employees in the office without having to pick up the phone or draft an email. Communication is quicker when a question needs to be handled immediately. Within our law office we often have various clients coming in at a moments notice and being able to contact another attorney immediately helps the clients experience operate much more smoothly and helps the office appear much more professional.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes if I've locked my computer my profile appears as away or busy and other employees are unable to reach me, which can be frustrating. Various employees have complained that they can never send me messages because I appear unavailable. I'm not quite sure why this happens seeing as how I'm always logged in and set as "Available" unless I've stepped away from my desk or I'm truly out of the office. Something quite puzzling to me about that, but aside from that the system works great and truly helps our office function in a better way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would certainly recommend the database as a way to chat with other individuals that work in the same environment as you. The interface alerts you when someone has sent you a chat and has easy tools to change your visibility settings in terms of who can send you a message when.

Certainly solving the issue that is quickly corresponding with different members of our business. The faster employees can communicate the better our office works. Sometimes questions need to be answered immediately thus the chat based system helps our office work a bit more efficiently. Also, employees seem to be less frustrated in general when questions don't get bogged down in hundreds of emails.

Skype Business review by Darwin F.
Darwin F.

"A collaboration tool, modern and easy to use"

What do you like best?

It is part of the office365 block and allows you to make confessions and share files quickly and easily, very easy to use and integrate people even if they do not have the system, just entering a page can be part of the conversation, this makes it very easy to prepare meetings, Screen sharing allows me to even make remote assistance services to users

What do you dislike?

if you want to change users keeping the same account, it does not synchronize correctly with outllok, you have to do it manually , should synchronize between the applications of the phone and the pc, when I read the messages in one, the other does not show them, the integration with skype is not as easy as they say, you always have to make several orders until you can achieve synchronization, the list of saved addresses is not dynamic, in many cases you have to update it

Recommendations to others considering the product

use different accounts each time a new user arrives,

Business meetings with clients and suppliers, which are around the world, use the application of the phone is very versatile, activate the storage in the cloud of the old emails, remote assistance services to users

Skype Business review by Leidy E.
Leidy E.

"Excellent online communication tool"

What do you like best?

I love that this is an application that allows you to send instant messaging, or a telephone conversation if there is a person available, conferences, meetings where you can add up to 250 people to your meetings online, it keeps a history of conversations and the best is that offers you an enterprise level security, and is integrated in your Office applications. that is to say, it gives you a complete communication which allows you to carry out your work quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

The business skype does not allow me to send or receive files causing this way that you must have other applications to send this information, it is important to unify this. I understand that when this happens it is because the company in its role of administrator blocks this option which I consider should be eliminated from the policies and not allow the company to block this option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If I recommend this application because at the business level it facilitates international communication, it is excellent for work meetings, no matter where you are.

find in this way speeding up the response times to the organization and especially to the client.

The main problem that solves us is the communication because as indicated above allows us to hold a conference with up to 250 people no matter where you are, thus achieving improved response times.

Skype Business review by Angel Alberto G.
Angel Alberto G.

"Excellent tool to establish communication and / or share information"

What do you like best?

Permiet effective communications and you can have several conversations at the same time and even have a video conference and / or transfer of files as well as allowing remote control of the equipment involved

What do you dislike?

The tool tends to hang sometimes which prevents it from closing all conversations and having to open them one by one, or restart the application to be able to use it again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very powerful and versatile tool that is easy to use and has a group of functions that any user within a company requires as a total or partial control of another desk and even share the applications, especially for people who help in support areas, the suso de las vidoes conferences is very recurrent in my company so this is the most used and the best.

It has allowed solving problems with the customers or suppliers almost immediately helping to improve productivity / sales because it allows to establish communication with customers and / or suppliers, allowing a more effective communication and promoting person-to-person communications.

Skype Business review by Stefan T.
Stefan T.

"Skype that we all know, but now just for business."

What do you like best?

Skype is very powerful tool, it has remote control, presentation mode, Video audio calls, and you can share files as well. I love the concept where you can create separate conversations with multiple people within your organization and that you can save your conversation automatically.

What do you dislike?

I dont like that Skype has tendencies of crashing, whenever someone pings you on the side, if you have more conversations/chats open. In my daily usage, i have around 20 chats open, and when Skype crashes, i need to start and open them all over again, which is very frustrating and time consuming.

Skype lacks Annotations in presentation mode, which is very bad and there for i use Webex for that purpose. If it had Annotations it would be best software for presentation currently on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype can boost your company's performance in daily usage. It can help you get to the important answers quicker then writing emails, or using any of the other IM business applications, as Skype for business is synchronized with Quick look IDs of Office 365 package that your company should have set up before using Skype for business.

In my company we are using Skype to solve current problems that we are facing, to give people ETA on some projects and to share project files, as well to answer frequent questions to our colleagues . You should see my attached picture of my daily usage of Skype for business and as you can see there is a lot of things that you can done in Skype for business with no hassle and without any trouble. Main problem is when it crashes.

Skype Business review by Marcus W.
Marcus W.

"Works fine for staying in contact with staff members"

What do you like best?

Skype works great for seeing who in the organization is currently available. Also having my phone through Skype for Business allows me to immediately call staff or outside of the company. Having the ability to forward calls and get messages through Outlook is also a benefit.

What do you dislike?

Notices when I am receiving a message are easy to miss. Moving from Skype personal to Skype for business was a challenge as you could not import contacts from one to the other. When selecting a phone prefix, we were not able to select the city we were located in, so calls to people outside the organization show we are calling from a different city, which can cause confusion.

Skype for business has allowed us to get rid of a 3rd party phone system, and instead has phone, email, and instant messaging all tied to Microsoft products, which talk nicely together.

Skype Business review by Joon Y.
Joon Y.

"Great added features - commonly used across businesses"

What do you like best?

I love skype for business, because it's so basic and has all the necessary components to communicate across your business. It's private, simple, and clear. Before, we used to not be able to send images or files, but with that feature now, it seems almost complete to me. I use all the functions such as screen share, files transferring, and just basic chats.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if I can change this feature, but I definitely don't like how it shows a bit of your message when you are about to click on the person trying to ping you. Especially when we are sharing or presenting our screen to an audience. I know it most cases it does switch to "do not disturb" but for cases when that doesn't happen, I wish it never showed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Skype for Business, because it's a great tool to communicate with one another. Sometimes emails are just too much back and forth and take longer to communicate. If it is just a quick message, using Skype is a lot better. Also, with features such as sending quick shots or screenshots, it is just a lot easier to chat.

Communicating with one another, sharing information with team that is across the globe but it's too small or need more back and forth than an email, and

Skype Business review by Napoleon G.
Napoleon G.

"Best application for video conferences and screen sharing"

What do you like best?

Easy to use.

Ability to join meeting online or over the phone

Capability to work in different platforms or OS

Multilingual

Integration with outlook calendar.

Real time person status

What do you dislike?

it is not easy to join online meetings without an account

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Skype for Business if you already have a Microsoft Office for business subscription. It integrates nicely with Outlook, and allows you to send meeting invites easily. You can invite up to 250 people. people can call in, or join the meeting on any device as a register user o as a guest. you can share screens or make other people presenters as well. it is a great tool for online presentations or video conferences. the chat feature is very handy as well to contact co-workers internally.

Communicate with people in other part of the state or country.

Share online presentations, files.

Long distance phone calls.

Conference calls.

Skype Business review by Kate A.
Kate A.

"Skype is the most multi dynamics visual communication software in the market. "

What do you like best?

The autonomous process of making the individual as well as conference calls makes it suitable for our business processes. With the ease and processing of video calls it have transformed our system of how we interact with our clients and employees. It also offers the most best pricing plans for the most adequate packages and plans as per monthly or yearly basis.

What do you dislike?

The skype has multiple choices for different users. So it might be suitable for one while doesn't necessarily befits the requirements of other user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is very suitable for all kind of devices and any forms of communications. Its pricing plans are also pocket friendly as well.

Have been making conference calls with the employee team to effectively communicate over new research projects. Also setting up a meeting at a remote place is also been very easy to use.

Skype Business review by Jill S.
Jill S.

"Great tool for businesses"

What do you like best?

Easily see if my coworkers are available or not. Easily able to message them for things that are quick questions or if we are not near by each other and working at separate locations.

I also like that you are able to sort and organize my coworkers so that I can see them in the order that I want. I keep people I IM frequently along with my team on top.

I also like the feature of tagging someone for status alerts so you know when they are away or in a meeting and they become available. It is helpful to remind me to contact that person and then I can know when they are available.

We also use skype for screen shares and our company will be moving to video conferencing as well in the next few months. Excited to see all it has to offer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the statuses showing in the window doesn't update fast enough, so someone might show as available, but then when you click to message them, their status is different.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is very easy to use and it has lots of features that can be used to improve communication at your company.

This is a great tool that allows employees to quick ask each other questions. It gives a quick glance for who is available and you can tag people so you know when they become available. Lots of great benefits including increased communication.

Skype Business review by Gustavo M.
Gustavo M.

"One of the best Business tool "

What do you like best?

I like it because it lets you keep in touch with your colleagues and some other people in your company.

It is very useful to discuss some important issues faster.

It is possible tp invite your colleagues quickly and to stablish a conference in few minutes.

It is possible to send pictures, files applications or some other digital data quickly.

It has some tools that make your communications more friendly.

What do you dislike?

It is not so easy to add contacts.

Skype for business needs to improve the contact list arrangement.

It is necessary to improve the browser, when you are trying to find some one, the browser shows you a lot of possible names. So I think it should have more features to grant a quick and successful search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether you need a fast and easy to use application to enrich your communications skills and make your team members closer, do not hesitate and start using Skype for business as a tool.

It is very fast to deploy remote troubleshooting.

It is very fast to invite people to join a conference or video-conference.

Arranging meetings is faster and easy.

You can add some interesting features to your meetings .

It is possible to contact main customers by this means and star chatting with them to discuss or solve any trouble faster.

It shows whether team members are available or not, it lets you know whether your workers are on his site when you need them.

Skype Business review by Ajaykumar M.
Ajaykumar M.

"Collaborate with Skype for Business"

What do you like best?

In my year long experience with Skype for Business, i personally feel it to be the best tool to collaborate remotely with clients and coworkers through messaging, video calls and screen sharing. The overall experience with Skype for Business has been positive. Whether it is setting up the conference call or presenting the screen, it has been very simple and extremely useful. The Skype for Business app also works super fine in smart phones which makes life easier and one can easily collaborate with anyone on the go.

What do you dislike?

Very rarely i notice that calls quality are bad, may be it is attributed to other reasons and the person without license cannot host a meeting. I also noticed that it is bit quirky to resize the window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend Skype for Business for its nominal price, remarkable features and ease of use.

There are several benefits and business problems that have been resolved such as -

1) Scheduling a virtual meeting.

2) Instant Messaging.

3) Document Sharing

4) Video and audio recordings

5) Group HD Video Calls

6) Desktop and application sharing

and many more.....

Skype Business review by Jeremiah K.
Jeremiah K.

"I've been transitioning out of Skype.. "

What do you like best?

I like how everyone knows what skype is. I run an cloud based company, and it's nice to be able to refer to skype and my clients know exactly what I'm talking about. Basically all of my clients have a skype account, so it can be an easy way to meet up with people online. Also, all of my team memebers know what Skype is and it's easy to meet up with them.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how Skype has a good bit of gliches. Sometimes the app doesn't work well, and I lose the people that I was in a meeting with. Can be very frustrating, especially when there is a time crunch. Another frustrating thing is that you have to find contacts on the skype database before meeting up with them. It's like you have to become "friends" with them before you can have an online conversation with them. In a cloud based company, the hard it is to connect with people online the more difficult it is for you business to succeed. I've primarily swapped to using Zoom for business meetings, because I can easily send a client a link to the chat room, and they just hop on, and we can start the meeting with little to no "fuss."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is an online communication tool that everyone knows about. It can be very useful for you business but sometimes there are gliches.

It's solving long distance communication problems. My company is all cloud based, so without a way to connect with people online via video chats, communication would be a lot more impersonal. It provides face to face conversation that is important in building a client relationship.

Skype Business review by Vignesh S.
Vignesh S.

"Skype is making business simple!! "

What do you like best?

I, my colleagues and the leadership team leverage the Skype for instant messaging and saving time by avoiding lots of emails. It keeps us stay connected with many business needs where it gives the ability to share documents, web links, smileys etc. Skype for business also saves the chats and emails to the business email to keep us stay connected. Skype's video call, audio call and screen sharing have made my effortless and to the perfection. The group chats during long business discussion had kept us stay in the same tab. The grouping of my team members, status availability of my team and lot more have made my work simple.

What do you dislike?

The active chat list always stays in one window and switching between chats is sluggish. Screen sharing is not up to the mark.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely you should go for Skype to stay connected and provide the full grade support.

Working with my colleagues on screen sharing to give live support to the clients and keeping everyone updated on quick meetings.

Skype Business review by Steve R.
Steve R.

"Full featured Business Communication tool"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about Skype for Business is its integration with the Office 365 suite. It integrates at all levels and makes it easy to collaborate across Word, Excel, Powerpoint or any of the other office 365 apps. I also love the ease of Meeting setup.

What do you dislike?

Skype is a heavy client. Coming from a Google Hangouts world where everything is "lite" it has taken some adjustments to acclimate to the heavy Skype Windows Desktop client, which you need to get all the features of the Skype that truly make it shine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an Office 365 user then I highly recommend Skype for Business. It truly brings out the full features of Office365 and allows it to compete with things like Google Docs and its tight integration.

Skype allows our company to communicate across all departments efficiently and quickly. It also makes collaborating on projects a breeze. We can share, work, call and chat at the same time we are working with the document because of its tight integration with office 365.

Skype Business review by Rachel R.
Rachel R.

"Great formal & informal communication medium"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business is very intuitive to use and makes connecting with colleagues nearly effortless. I like being able to sort my contacts into groups and seeing whether someone is available to chat. I've also joined several Skype calls from my phone, and the app makes it extremely easy to connect to the meeting.

What do you dislike?

Remembering my PIN (although depending on how I join a meeting, this isn't always an issue)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Teach people how to turn status alerts on & off - great feature, but can be a little bothersome after a while. Also, I regularly use the Conversation History tab in my Outlook to look back through Skype conversations if I can't quite remember the outcome of a question/issue - it's great to be able to search for keywords to find things easily.

Skype has made it extremely easy to connect both formally and informally with colleagues right around the corner to across the country.

Skype Business review by Reginald  B.
Reginald B.

"Love It"

What do you like best?

I have been using skype for many years, but more recently for Business. It is very helpful in situations where picking up a phone is too obvious. Our department has used it as an emergency system. In situations where we needed help or assistance from a co-worker and they immediately get the message.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it says I am offline or online when I am not. Just a minor issue but can be annoying at times because if it is doing it to me I am sure it is doing it to other people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would advise to use it for emergency situations or circumstances when pickign up a phone is too notcieable. We now have panic buttons but even that takes time. I know from personal expereience this has helped get me out of situations.

Being able to instant message is great! Sometimes a phone call is not needed and an email can be unnecessary . So a quick instant message solves that problem!

Skype Business review by Satishkumar G.
Satishkumar G.

"An official service that is good - Not excellent"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup and availability to add users from other companies too.

Ability to sort and get those that we need to at the start

Having different groups really help to see who is online at a glance.

Skype touch gets us to use it as an unofficial program than an officially recognized one.

When the other user is not there, the message is sent as an email. We also know that the message is not read at that time

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it does NOT setup.

And all of a sudden it takes too much of system resources.

Opening a chat session sometimes takes forever.

How tough is it to retrieve my prior chat session? Everytime I open, it takes me a separate session. I am not sure it that is called Security.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can get it installed and using it, it is fine.

If there is issue with installation, then I am sorry.

In name of security, the speed and ease of use is greatly compromised.

Don't expect the speed and ease of use as Skype. But it will resemble Skype and make you feel comfortable.

The biggest problem that I face is mostly when I do not see my prior conversation.

A ready to use connectivity tool for the company.

Secure connection to those within the company.

Fast and trustworthy screen sharing and file sharing.

Skype Business review by Guillermo V.
Guillermo V.

"Good software for communication in the company"

What do you like best?

The integration with the active directory is pretty good, and the audio codecs have improved a lot since the product was know as Lync. You can set your status in the main window so your colleagues know is you are available, busy, away, in a conference call or in a meeting. If it's configured in your company, you can also call numbers outside the company and even in countries different that the one you are dialing from.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the connection could be something really frustrating, the other end can't hear you, and you have to re-enter the meeting so the problem with the audio can be fixed. Although the audio codecs have been greatly improved since the product was known as Lync, personally I think the audio is still better with the regular version of skype, but the Business version offers other features than only chatting and calling your skype contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The integration with the active directory is a great advantage as you do not have to manage users separately for the software, so a single management point for users greatly reduce the work you do in case you are the system admin.

We have multiple companies in different countries across America and Europe. With this software, the capabilities of communicating with anyone across the company has expanded and even with people on-the-go because they can use the mobile app to stay in touch with their co workers.

Skype Business review by Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.

"Okay Software, Never Reliable"

What do you like best?

That I am able to see if my coworkers are available or not. I like that I can also download the software onto my phone. It really makes working from home a better experience as it helps with communication. I also enjoy that I can go back and search what was in past conversations. That feature has helped me many times in going back and checking my notes.

What do you dislike?

When signed in on a browser, even when I am active, it tells coworkers 70% of the time that I am "away" even though I am there and active. It is affecting how I perform at work because when working from home, my manager HAS to see that I am active. I am not allowed to download the app on my computer, so this makes using the app in the browser extremely upsetting. Also, I get an email whenever I have conversations with coworkers about an hour later that has a subject line "missed convo while you were away" even though I was active in the conversation. I hate these emails and don't know how to turn it off! I am also confused on whether it is Lync or Skype. There was never really any warning to users about this branding/name change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let your coworkers know to be aware of your Lync software may automatically say youre "away" even when you are active.

It is easy to answer quick questions and less lengthy email chains. I am not having to yell across my cubicle to ask coworkers questions.

Skype Business review by Stewart A.
Stewart A.

"Great tool for internal business communication"

What do you like best?

I really like being able to see who is online and if they are in a call or a meeting. Allows for collaboration with people who are not in the office or in a different office. Phone calls are easy to answer and very clear.

You are able to share your screen for easy collaboration during meetings.

What do you dislike?

Because of it's connection to Outlook, sometimes it will lock open the Outlook file and I will have to quit the app and open outlook first.

Depending on where the other user is, sometimes pasting or copying a file for file sharing does not work. I then revert back to email to get the file to the correct person.

When adding a non-skype user to a meeting, it does not allow you to press the keypad for menu options like an extension.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using Lync, then the Skype for Business upgrade is a must!

This tool can be your phone, chat, screen share, and presentation software all in one. Does a great job.

Having it integrated into email and calendar is a great addition. It allows for quick creation of a Skype Meeting in the calendar.

We use Skype for Business as an internal messenger, internal phone system and external phone system. It allows me to take my desk phone with me anywhere and easy communication from colleagues.

Meetings are easier when we have people in different locations with screen sharing and allows for remote control as well.

Skype Business review by Abdiel L.
Abdiel L.

"Excelente chat para compañias"

What do you like best?

Es una herramienta muy practica para mantener el contacto con los compañeros del trabajo, tiene un excelente video chat incluido que permite ver el escritorio, así como el compartirlo. Es muy fácil compartir documentos, videos y archivos en general

What do you dislike?

Tiene un problema con el volumen de las llamadas que no es el mismo por default que el del equipo por lo que puede ser necesario tener que ajustarlo manualmente

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es una excelente herramienta

Me permite mantener el contacto con un equipo de desarrollo que se encuentra en otro estado. Puedo revisar rápidamente y de forma efectiva el avance de los desarrollos. Recomiendo ampliamante esta herramienta para cualquier compañia que necesite poder mantenerse en contacto rapido y eficiente con sus compañeros, asi como con clientes, la opcion de poder realizar conferencias en linea con personas que no tienen esta aplicacion es una opcion muy viable y muy practica para poder llevar el control reuniones donde se requiera poder compartir pantalla.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Skype Business review by Keerthi Abinesh R.
Keerthi Abinesh R.

"Best tool for communication"

What do you like best?

The ease with which I can use the software and the features it provides are of utmost useful to any employee or user who uses it. Multiple chats, conference calls, present your desktop and sharing your desktop and giving control to other users are the features which I think are the best I like about Skype for Business. It also provides the user to add favorite contacts and segregate them into different groups.

What do you dislike?

The most annoying thing about Skype for business is that the calendar sync is something we can't edit. The calendar feature is something it needs to be worked upon to make it work more smoothly than ever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one of the best conversational applications I have ever used. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to increase their productivity without wasting much time by visiting the person each time when we need some help.

The business problems which I solve through skype for business are connecting to other developers, QA's and customers or clients from other locations through a common platform and it also helps a user to share and ask doubts within a small amount of time without getting interrupted. These features have helped me as a user to work very smoothly to cross functional teams and get in touch with anyone from whom I can get help and easy to reach others. For example, I need to type their Id number to get the person's contact along with all their information if they work in same organisation.

Skype Business review by Mannat  N.
Mannat N.

"Very convenient and easy to use "

What do you like best?

The ease of screen share, instant calling and getting to know if someone is available.

What do you dislike?

The part I like is quite similar to part I dislike: Our availability is known to others.

Not a full-fledged VoIP platform. No integrated dial-in audio conference features. Online plans don't work with hardware phones.

If you find yourself cobbling together web conferencing tools, chat clients, and Skype to handle all your communication needs, then consider Microsoft Skype for Business to simplify your setup. Just don't expect a full-fledged VoIP servic

Recommendations to others considering the product

They can improve the features where I person who is currently offline can be messaged too! It will make life easy and better to connect.

I used Skype for Business ( formerly Lync) to instantly connect with my remote colleagues

Share ideas through screen share . Connecting large number of people : Allows contact of Skype users, phone numbers, and all employees within the organization. Video and audio recording in calls. Supports up to 250 attendees in a meeting.

When it comes to online communications, Skype is the de facto method. The service makes it effortlessly easy to call other users and video chat. Despite its advantages, however, Skype is very much a consumer video conferencing and Voice-over-IP (VoIP) service, and not a business one. With Microsoft Skype for Business (which begins at $2 per user per month, with additional fees), Microsoft is closing the gap.

Skype Business review by Kurtis W.
Kurtis W.

"Skype is Efficient"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business allows me to both chat and communicate with my colleagues in both a fun and professional manner that will document my conversations and chats.

What do you dislike?

Skype, as an overall company, has been faltering for years and has not caught-on with any sort of younger crowd than the Millennials. Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and other forms of communication that have been around for approximately the same amount of time have been winning over more users for years. Even the Millennial generation would rather use Facebook to communicate with somebody via "face to face" rather than Skype. This has translated into the business world where I would much rather send a Facebook message than Skype somebody. I cannot put a finger on when this happened, but I was almost surprised when our school district had a partnership with Skype Business 2016. I like Skype, but my first thought was, "Skype? Didn't I use that to communicate with my wife back in 2010 when we were dating long-distance for a time period?" I hope the company can continue to thrive as I'm sure they have in various sectors of the business world. I write this review not knowing where they stand internationally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype for Business is an easy and interactive way for colleagues to communicate with each other effectively during the day.

Usually, I am contacting teachers in chat format for quick answers that e-mail will not suffice.

Skype Business review by Mimi F.
Mimi F.

"Overall easy to use for messaging and calling"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up conference calls, and link them through email. It makes the whole service much easier. I am often speaking to people around the world, and having an easy link to call into makes things much better and easier to communicate.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that skype for business autosaves conversation history, and then deletes it periodically from the chat. It makes it difficult to scroll back through a conversation. Often, I'll value looking back to a conversation to see what was said, or collect information from a co-worker. It's frustrating that conversations from earlier in the day are automatically archived and can only be searchable via email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue working on the system more user friendly. I think that it has a nice interface but the chat functionality is not the most pleasant to work on, especially considering other messaging apps such as iMessage or Slack. I would be happier working on this if the interface was a bit more modern.

Multi-site meetings, conference calls, sharing screens and trouble shooting issues. Often, my colleagues and I will conduct presentations where we share our screens and analyze data together. it's much easier to look at this information when seeing someone else's presentation, even if they are across the world. I've really valued that.

Skype Business review by Diego V.
Diego V.

"Useful, but has lot of room for improvement"

What do you like best?

It is a great improvement from the previous communication tool that was used, but it is by no means perfect. I like that it also has a mobile application for when you're not quickly available at your desk, and that it also allows for both calls and file transfers.

What do you dislike?

It is very unreliable - at least on my company - I -am completely unable to log in using the desktop application at times. I have to rely on the mobile application, which is also far from perfect; I rarely get the notifications and usually check the app whenever I get the "offline message" email in Outlook.

Skype's contact search functionality is also extremely annoying - you would assume it would be used to search for contacts in your current contact book or Skype groups, but it searches throughout the entire directory without any prioritizing - so, unless you know the full name of the user you're looking for, you'll have a hard time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to set up your contacts in groups properly - in my company, looking for a user through the search functionality looks up at the entire contact book, without prioritizing your contacts themselves, which is extremely annoying.

Team communication that's not formal enough to warrant an e-mail.

Skype Business review by Aida Josefina G.
Aida Josefina G.

"Skype Para Negocios"

What do you like best?

La interfaz de usuario es muy intuitiva, lo que hace que el software sea muy fácil de usar. Skype for Business es el mejor software de comunicación para su trabajo diario. Literalmente me permite trabajar desde casa, mientras viajo o en la oficina.

Resulta muy fácil comunicarte con tus colegas y empleados de confianza cuándo no te encuentras en la oficina.

Su fusión con Microsoft Outlook, hace un paseo poder enviar invitaciones a mis colegas y por supuesto, a mis clientes.

What do you dislike?

Los pocos problemas que he tenido con el software se deben a problemas de conectividad, pero eso se debe principalmente a problemas de WiFi en el área en la que estoy trabajando en ese momento. Skype se ha convertido en una herramienta de trabajo muy importante, más allá de ampliar mi red comunicacional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype For Business, es la mejor opción para mentenerte conectado con tus empleados y con tus clientes en todo el mundo.! Recomendado 100%

Reduce el costo de las llamadas de negocios, reduce los costos de viajes de negocios, manténgase en contacto con los clientes, fácil de usar, movilidad, seguridad centralizada

Skype Business review by Andrés Felipe G.
Andrés Felipe G.

"Work from anywhere!"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very intuitive, making the software very easy to use. Skype for Business (Lync) is by far the best communication software for your daily work. It literally allows me to work from home, while traveling or at the office.

Skype for Business makes it easy to get a hold of your colleagues, either by chat or by calling them directly. It shows who is online, who is in a meeting, who is presenting. It´s amazing!

It´s integration with Microsoft Outlook is flawless, making it very easy to send invitations to my colleagues and customers alike without any issues.

What do you dislike?

I rated it a 10 because there´s not much I would change about it. The few issues I´ve faced with the sofware are due to connectivity issues but that is mainly due to wifi problems in the area that I´m working from at that instant.

The one thing I think they could improve is the process to connect to Skype for Business session from a telephone. The process can be a little confusing for a few of my customers who are not Tech Savy, but appart from that the application is brilliant!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It´s the best communications solution for Business. To keep in touch with customers and colleagues, for meetings and so that you can work from anywhere. This is the best software avaliable.

Work from anywhere! Home, Airports, Hotels, Office. It doesn´t matter, my laptop/cellphone has everything I need when I have Skype for Business installed.

Easily communicate with colleagues

Send meeting for customers and colleagues to easily attend to

Skype Business review by Zhifeng K.
Zhifeng K.

"Doesn't get the job done"

What do you like best?

It's directly integrated into the Office 365 suite, and automatically inserts convenience actions - for example, you can directly initiate a meeting invite with the Skype dial-in details from Outlook.

What do you dislike?

Practically everything else.

As an IM client, it's abysmal. I have the mobile app on my iPhone 7, but the conversation histories on my desktop client and my iOS app don't sync. Even the real-time conversation doesn't sync. This means I can have a conversation with the same person on both devices AT THE SAME TIME and they will have partially sync'ed message histories, but never fully synced. How is it possible this can happen? Thus, the only way to retrieve the full conversation history is to browse to the Conversations folder IN OUTLOOK, where it's stored the moment you go idle for more than 2 minutes in a session.

You can't send files through Skype for Business. Don't even think about sending images either. This makes collaboration a complete inconvenience, because you have to rely on Outlook to send media or documents. And if you work in an industry that is very particular about IT security, like banking, then I feel sorry for you because you can't even rely on other, better, file sharing and collaboration platforms like Slack, Box, or Dropbox.

The application crashes at least once a week, usually more.

The web conferencing features are similarly abysmal. There are a few major problems with its web conferencing capabilities, I'll go through the ones I can remember here.

A) Are you meeting someone from outside your organization? Good luck. No one uses Skype for Business in the rest of the world. What will happen is that you'll spend 15 minutes at the beginning of your conference call figuring out that your external party can't dial in, and everyone will get all stressed and frustrated in the process of quickly jumping onto another conferencing platform, and you will be late, and your meeting time will be reduced, and the outcome is just negative all around.

Actually, external users can dial in to your Skype for Business meeting... IF your company's IT team has enabled this feature. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-an-external-contact-in-Skype-for-Business-b42d26d0-82d5-4aa6-901f-aeab00b15650

And if they also have Skype for Business, they might be on the wrong version, or their IT team might have configured the federation policy differently, and you'll still spend 15 minutes figuring out that you can't both dial in to the same service. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/allowing-external-users-join-your-skype-business-meetings-saad-/

B) No webinar features. Are you trying to brief your management or team leads on the latest X or Y, or have that quarterly town hall? Guess what, Skype for Business has no dedicated webinar functionality. This means that:

i) You have no attendance analytics.

ii) You have to MANUALLY mute all audience members, and you have to remember to do this otherwise that one person playing music in the background or using that extremely loud keyboard will disrupt the entire webinar. And anyway, they can just unmute themselves.

iii) No organized way of handling questions, or "hand raising" functionality.

C) I already said this, but it isn't stable. It regularly crashes, or the presenter will suddenly mute.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't bother, even if your company installs it on your machine by default. Use Slack and Zoom instead.

Instant messaging

Group chat

Collaborative work (requiring media/document/file exchange, sharing of screenshots, etc.)

Conference calls and meetings

Webinars

Skype Business review by Katie B.
Katie B.

"Pretty good for most purposes"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to join meetings and collaborate with others via the screen sharing mechanism.

What do you dislike?

I have a Mac, and I have consistently had issues with not being able to see what other people are sharing when they are sharing their screens. Moreover, when I first tried to install the plug-in for it, it took 2 or 3 tries before it actually worked and took to my computer. Have also had issues with getting audio once, but not after the first time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is better for people on the Windows operating system. If your company has a lot of Mac users, this might not work as well as expected or wanted.

We are using it to collaborate with each other for planning meetings and present our research findings to people they may concern.

Skype Business review by Luca V.
Luca V.

"Online communicaton at a higher level"

What do you like best?

- Easy to Use

- Fast

- Provide an easily method for connect all the employee within the organization

- Video and Call quality is really good (except some delay and low quality in certain situation)

- Meetings can take place between a very large number of people

What do you dislike?

- It consumes high internet bandwidth

- No integrated dial-in audio conference features

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can define Skype for Business a de facto method in online communication.

It have a familiar GUI, its easy to use and to configure. Video and voice quality overall it's more than good. It's a bit expensive for big company but the expense is fully justified from the quality of the software.

With it we solved our communication problems with clients / vendors / and in general it allow us to be more efficient when talking about client support or conference meeting.

For us it's definitive solution!

Skype Business review by Matthew K.
Matthew K.

"Skype For Business"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business (and lync in general) is a very stable product. As an administrator, I don't have to worry much about the product as I know it's going to work from day to day.

What do you dislike?

When something does in fact break, logging on your report server isn't the most accurate. The user-activity report is pretty useless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With lync/Skype for Business, depending on the size of the company, you might want to look at Office 365. The costs of the per user is around $2 per person right now but you wouldn't have to worry about upgrading the servers anymore. So depending on your budget and the size of your company you may want to look into that. For everyone else, there is an on-premise solution and there should be at least one more iteration of on-premise Skype For business out in 2019.

VoIP communications, its ease of access to our end users, screen sharing, all of these are solid benefits to the system.

Skype Business review by raj c.
raj c.

"the sound quality of Microsoft Skype for Business (formerly Lync)"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Skype for Business also provides other advanced features, such as:

Unlimited Number of Meetings

It helps in free online meetings for up to 10 participants, whether they have the subscription or not.

2. Built-In IM

Instant messages can be shared during business meetings for discussing new ideas.

3. URL Invites

Users can send invitation to every participant with a personalized link.

4. PowerPoint Upload

PowerPoint upload is possible with interactive tools along with highlighting, annotation and laser pointer.

5. Whiteboarding

Participants can draft, edit and brainstorm together with the help of the whiteboarding feature.

6. Custom Built Accessories

Meetings can be simplified with features like HD cameras, USB speakerphones and headset.

Skype is awesome if you've a good computer and a good video card to encode/decode, like that it's really fluid, without it, it bugs.Skype is a consumer brand.,High level security. End-to-end security with minimum impact on application performance. The system implements a multi-layer security data transport.

What do you dislike?

you would need a Windows OS if you chose Skype for Business an important communication tool in your workplace. This is how Microsoft strategically does on other competitive platforms. Bad performance, high price and limited features on Mac are what you have heard the most.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As of this writing Microsoft Lync, a suite of unified communication products for the workplace, is now part of Microsoft's Skype business unit.

Reduces the cost of business calls,Reduce your business travel costs,Stay in touch with customers,User-friendly,Mobility,Centralized security,

Skype Business review by Tom C.
Tom C.

"Review of Skype for Business"

What do you like best?

The most applicable and best part of Skype for Business is the conversation/chat function. In a fast paced environment, it is much more casual and easy to use compared to email or picking up the phone. It is also nice to see the status of my colleagues and whether they are at their desk, in a meeting, or available to call or chat with. The interface is easy to use and I like the size of the window as it automatically uploads. There is no need for the window to be full screen, but its not too small so that it interferes with other windows open on my screens.

What do you dislike?

At first, it was very frustrating that Skype would open every time I started up my computer. This setting that they have implemented should need to be turned on first, rather than Skype assuming I want this application to open every time my computer turns on. I think this same setting needs to be applied to the availability feature. Rather than Skype assuming I'm available because I'm active on my computer, I'd like to turn on the available setting whenever I actually am available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out some of the features that Skype for Business offers with a close friend or coworker in your office first so that you can experience the ease of use. It will open the door to more fluid conversation.

Skype for Business has helped me easily contact and talk with colleagues as I need to throughout my work day. It has opened the door to more fluid and rapid conversation that ultimately leads to more productivity and work being done. The benefits speak for themselves in terms of more production, but I also think that it has led to a more conversant environment in my office and employees that interact more openly with each other than before.

Skype Business review by Kimberly B.
Kimberly B.

"Skype Review"

What do you like best?

Skype's greatest feature is that it allows you to easily connect and converse with people that are both inside and outside of your department, or even to get in touch with individuals across the world. Some additional favorable features are speed, price (free), its instant message capabilities, as well as its flexibility. Lastly, it is also consistent across many businesses, and thus, can easily translate across many different industries.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike about Skype at work is that it constantly notifies you when someone is trying to reach out to you. This can be a huge distraction at work. Other disadvantages tied to this product include: the need for fast and reliable internet service, limited customer service availability when issues arise, and call quality sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommendations for others considering Skype would be to set it up immediately for any clients working remotely, since this platform's greatest feature is that it can be used across the entire company, even if your employees work across the globe. It is truly the best way to connect with employees inside and outside your department.

Benefits include: opens up conversation with colleagues when you cannot physically get in touch with them. Another problem solved via skype: screen sharing.

Skype Business review by Vaishnavi R.
Vaishnavi R.

"Review on Skype for business"

What do you like best?

I like the feature of finding the organization details of the employee through contact cards

What do you dislike?

During conference calls, I often face difficulty with connectivity issues.

I also dislike the fact that we cannot have a permanent group within Skype.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a good tool for collaboration within employees. It integrates with Outlook easily and gives reminders on pending meeting. You can add contacts and categorize them as favorites, work, friends etc. You can also tag for status alert change. Suppose one of your contacts is offline or away and you want to ping them once you are online, you don't have to constantly monitor them. You can tag the contact and you will be alerted on the change of status. The audio calls in skype are decent. The screen share facility works perfectly well.You can also record meetings and they are stored in skype for business recording manager,which helps to organize recording.You can attend meeting from skype directly. The tab at the end lists the meetings of the day and helps the user in scheduling their day.The statues like "do not disturb","busy"."appear away" keeps your productivity throughout the day.

The mobile version of skype for business runs continuously and drains the battery. It doesn't pop messages real time as well.Hence,its a lot down.

Otherwise,its a good collaboration tool.

It helps communicate amongst employees of a company. It s a great tool to reach out to employes if they are online.

Skype Business review by Mark B.
Mark B.

"Too many issues to put in one review"

What do you like best?

Compared to WebEx, nothing. Compared to not having anything, perhaps the integration with Office 365 (although that's been problematic as well).

What do you dislike?

1. A number of our clients get a black screen when we try to share a screen or a desktop.

2. Outlook crashes regularly when trying to schedule a meeting using the "New Skype Meeting" button in Outlook.

3. Clients that operate in a Citrix environment can't join the audio or the video conferencing.

4. For the few clients we have that can see our screen sharing, there is often a latency of several minutes on screen updates. The presenter may be moving around or changing screens but the attendees are still seeing the previous screen.

5. The audio quality when going through computer microphones and speakers has been really poor. Headsets help if you have them. But, if you don't, I recommend doing the audio through some other means if you have it.

6. There are other minor issues. Generally speaking, it's been terribly unreliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, my recommendation would be to use WebEx instead. We used WebEx for many years without any issues. We have had issues with Skype since day one.

We switched to Skype for business because of its integration with Office 365, which will save us several thousand dollars a month. But, it's been such a black eye for us with our clients that the long-term cost (in lost business) will likely outweigh the savings.

Skype Business review by Sharath S.
Sharath S.

"Its so helpful in staying intouch with my collegues that i can't think of any other app without it."

What do you like best?

The instant chat is very impressive that I can contact my colleagues in a jiffy.I recommend strongly for internal communication to all business were the teams are large in number and people work from remote location and By skype all the team members can be connected seamlessly.

Conference calls and presentations are very easy to make. At times file sharing and downloading is very easy and very fast.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes takes a long time to log in and hangs in between on slow connections. At times audio quality is very poor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Instant communication and remote presentation are very helpful especially for sales professionals.

Skype Business review by Nellie S.
Nellie S.

"Skype is awesome"

What do you like best?

Love the ease of use for the software. Easy to communicate and collaborate with your team members, no matter where you are. Send IM's, start voice or video calls and schedule meetings. Get messages across desktop, cell phone or email. Integrates with other Microsoft apps. Video conferencing is great when team members are not in the same location (across the country or world) and reduces the call expense. Skype offers unified communications system with multiple formats including video conferencing, telephone, im's and email, all available in a single platform. Receiving missed messages in email also allows nothing to be missed. It has increased in value for revenue and opportunities throughout the enterprise. Authentication allows for complete security in an enterprise environment. Usage on phones is amazing feature.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it drops connections for sharing. Initial sign in (if you dont know right credentials) can be a hassle. Sometimes more than a certain amount of people cannot login. Sometimes the deployment process is complicated from an IT stand point. Using skype from computer microphone is not the best noise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a great software that is easy to use. it helps team members immensely communicating without having to travel, keep walking to each others offices, etc. Super easy to schedule meetings from office365 outlook application.

Having a single platform where business users can send instant messages, schedule meeting, video conference and collaborate. Its a great tool and relatively easy to use.

Skype Business review by Joe H.
Joe H.

"Great VOIP/Messaging/Collaboration Tool"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to stay connected with team members - we rely on this tool almost exclusively for VOIP, messaging and screen sharing. Being tied into Outlook, you can easily see at a glace people's statuses (Online, Away, Off Work, etc). In general, it's just very well thought-out software.

What do you dislike?

Really the only thing I can think of is that it's heavily dependent on the network quality. While I can't blame Skype for Business for any network latencies, it can be really frustrating when calls lag or drop out. Not sure if there's better ways of handling inconsistent network quality.

In extreme cases (or sometimes when meeting with offshore resources) we still rely on WebEx.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Being a Microsoft shop, Skype for Business just integrates well with everything we use. I really enjoy the functionality of the software.

- Ease of communication between co-workers (everything from quick "text" messages to VOIP calls)

- Ease of sharing screens for presentations, troubleshooting and testing

Skype Business review by Elizabeth S.
Elizabeth S.

"Great Internal Communication Tool"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see whether or not colleagues are in their offices. It is helpful to quickly message them and receive an instant reply, while still being able to have access to my email and phone. Overall, it has been a good tool to help with our internal communications between the departments. It is helpful to be able to hop on at any time of the day and message a co-worker.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how it is integrated with the phone system. Sometimes, they disconnect and it causes issues. It is helpful to remember to turn the sound on your computer or somtimes you get messages without knowing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend considering this tool. It is a helpful business solution. Makes sure it syncs well with the phones and other technology.

We are easily able to communicate across campus and offices. We can ask quick questions to colleagues, if we need an answer while we are on the phone or answering an email. It is very helpful for getting information and also viewing availability of co-workers or messaging multiple co-workers. I also like having pictures of each person on my screen when I am using the software. It is helpful because sometimes we interact infrequently with each other and I can't place a face and a name and an occupation all together. It is also very simple to use. There is not special knowledge required. Very user friendly.

Skype Business review by Sara P.
Sara P.

"Excellent connection tool for an office"

What do you like best?

The app associated with the Skype for Business software is a huge draw, because it keeps the user connected to colleagues whether on the computer in the office or out at lunch or in a meeting. The quick chat function allows easy access for short conversations, and the call and video call functions give the user the ability to discuss and display more detailed situations.

What do you dislike?

This may be the way my company has set it up, but I don't like how the app always pushes my status to other users. Sometimes this is beneficial for colleagues to know whether you are available or in a meeting, but often it feels much too much like a "big brother".

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product gives your company a wide range of assets. The ability to chat quickly helps employees stay connected over little things, the call and video call feature is crucial for collaborative projects, and the synchronization with Outlook adds extra info as you use both applications.

With our entire department having the capability to work from home, Skype for Business allows us to stay connected even when we are in different places. The integration with Outlook has been wonderful, because it gives more contact detail and status indications as I write an email.

Skype Business review by Rachael C.
Rachael C.

"Great tool for staying connected to co-workers"

What do you like best?

I like that I can quickly see if a co-worker is at their computer, on the phone or in a meeting. I use the screen sharing feature a lot when I need to take control of an end-user's computer in order to resolve an IT support issue. Most often, I can resolve the issue remotely in less than time than it would take for me to walk to their desk.

What do you dislike?

The call quality of the Skype for Business calls can be an issue at times. Our company runs into a lot of issues with headsets not working at all times when connected to Skype calls.

My entire team resides in another state. The video conferencing feature allows us to get to know each others mannerisms and personalities in a way that would not be possible via email, chat and phone calls. It is nice to see the faces of the folks that you work with.

Skype Business review by Susan R.
Susan R.

"Worked Great before Microsoft got it"

What do you like best?

I've been using it so long that I know it well. It's an application almost everyone has, and the free version works just fine. Good list of

What do you dislike?

Never sure if I'm going to accidentally start calling someone--the UI is confusing and there's no confirmation for making a call. I've clicked a button trying to chat or just look at a transcript and ended up initiating a call. This causes social anxiety.

Also, not sure if people who show up on my list of contacts are actual Skype contacts or were mined from my contacts list. I don't like how nosey the application is.

The camera is also problematic. Several times I thought I had it turned off, but it was on. It shouldn't automatically assume you want to make a video call. Allow us to proactively turn the camera on if we want a camera. That being said, the times I did want the camera, it was hard to find the way to turn it on. The whole UI is non-intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

do some user testing to make the UI much more intuitive. Find out how your users are actually using this product and design for that.

I use it to make any conference calls or international calls, to run team meetings.

Skype Business review by Ralfs G.
Ralfs G.

"A convenient tool for communication between colleagues and customers"

What do you like best?

Previously, we used the usual Skype in our work, but we came to the conclusion that its functionality is not enough for full-fledged work. Having signed up for Skype for Business, we realized that we can communicate with customers with ordinary Skype and at the same time got the opportunity to use the program on any devices, organize communication in groups, discuss problems directly from letters. Equally important for us was the ability to distribute roles among employees, as well as integration with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Exchange Server. Great application! Check it out! Bearly any issues with it!

What do you dislike?

Can be quirky when it comes to setting up video and audio. Sometimes even an update to the audio or video components can cause us to have to reconfigure the settings. Sometimes the application can make your device laggy, and that could be very obnoxious sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is easy to use. The pricing on it is inexpensive. The features are many. Aside from video chat, desktop sharing is my favorite tool.

The ability to message & get information quickly as well as set-up quick meetings with other users. Many times I have been on the phone and needed an answer from an employee in the office, and messaging them through SKYPE allowed me to get the information quick instead of having to put the person on hold or have to call them back. Very great application, would insist to use. Doesn't have many problems with it so it's fine.

Skype Business review by Jhonatan A.
Jhonatan A.

"Lync is the defacto messanging tool for business"

What do you like best?

I think Lync is a great take on the original msn messenger that this is clearly based on. Along with the emoticons, status updates, friend lists with pictures it reminds me a lot of MSN but with more seriousness. Lync is definitely a tool that is beneficial for business communications and something i use every day. It is sometimes a better and faster alternative than sending out an email, which the person may or may not see in time. With Lync I can ping the person I need to talk to and they get a notification right away. You can even change the subject of the instant message you are about to send which is a nifty feature that comes in handy when messaging someone you are not familiar with.

What do you dislike?

While Lync is great for what it does, it does have some small things I dislike. For example, if you set your status as away, it will immediately say you have been away for 5 minutes even if you just set it. This can be annoying, especially if you are someone working on the clock and every minute you take counts. The emoticons could also use a bit of an update, with some that don't make any sense or don't have any purpose in the business world (I'm looking at you sheep emoticon). Overall it is perfect for what it is, a business messenger, but it can use a few improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you set your automatic away to more than 5 minutes, if you have to run somewhere that will be quick and don't want to be seen as away, then definitely change the timer as Lync will not only show you as away, but will show you as away more than 5 minutes even if you just left.

The business problems that Lync solved was speeding up communications with other people/departments. Sending an email is still the go-to tool for communication, but it is not the fastest tool. Sometimes you need an answer right away and using Lync you can contact the point person for your trouble and get it resolved. It also helps that you can share your desktop and even let the other person control it, which is great for troubleshooting and IT issues.

Skype Business review by Philip K.
Philip K.

"Skype for business works on Corp level"

What do you like best?

in our large company with multiple locations, staying in touch is a challenge. Different business groups use different tools, so I like to be able to communicate easily with them using Skype for Business Skype also works seamlessly with our Exchange Org to keep employees linked together.

What do you dislike?

It's not always easy to login to Skype. The newer versions have improved this issue, so I'd say it's getting better

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your Microsoft Admins know Exchange and how Skype works within that org.

We have multiple business units that work together, but are not physically located together. Skype helps us stay in touch within a few keystrokes, and also allows us to cut our communication lag down to minutes rather than hours or days. We have also found that Skype helps us use our existing Microsoft Exchange hierarchy to assist in login issues, and automatically associate individuals in the Corporate organization.

Skype Business review by Christopher K.
Christopher K.

"Great tool for inter-office communication and Video Conferencing"

What do you like best?

It is included with your Office 365 Subscriptions in most cases, it is easy to setup and has a wide variety of features that come with it. The ability to do a video conference off any device (iPhone, PC, MAC, Android) and the video quality is great. It also does not use a lot of bandwidth unlike other collaboration tools. This is an all-one tool that meets most if not all our collaboration needs.

What do you dislike?

Not every organization uses it or knows how to use it so that can cause some issues when trying to do a video conference with that party. Thats really my biggest complaint. I wish Microsoft would push it a little more and make it easier for small/medium businesses to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When looking at other IM and collaboration tools be sure to look at a tool that gives you an all in one package. Skype for Business gives you IM, video Conferencing, etc. all in one application.

We needed a tool to collaborate instantly with fellow co-workers at different locations throughout our city. We also needed a cost efficient video conferencing system that didn't require a separate fee or extra fees. Being a government organization money is a little hard to come by. Also with our project teams we now have instant messaging so we can multitask while collaborating with project steak-holders and sponsors.

Skype Business review by Megan Z.
Megan Z.

"Works well for quick office communication"

What do you like best?

I like that I can talk to my co-workers while I am in a meeting or can't make it to their office without having to call or email them. The instant messaging helps to get quick answers that you otherwise may have had to wait for a response.

What do you dislike?

If you don't already have it open and then you get a message, it pops up on your screen. I have been in presentations from my computer and then the message pops up for all to see, so it can be tricky for privacy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This works great for a quick commuication method. If you have staff that need to connect but informally, this is a great route to go. Instead of running to my co-workers office or calling them all of the time, I can get a quick reply without much interruption to them.

Faster communication has been a problem we are solving. It has been very helpful to do a quick chat during meetings when you normally wouldn't have been able to talk across the room or from a different site.

Skype Business review by Michelle K.
Michelle K.

"Easy to use and great for supervisory work!"

What do you like best?

I love how simple skype is to use with my team of agents. I have a persistent chat that allows them to each join the chat once they get into work. I like that regardless if I am off, I can log in and am able to see all of the previous conversations. My favorite part is that they are capable of sharing their screen through the application and provide me full control. This allows me to assist them from my desk and is great to use for training.

What do you dislike?

One thing that can be quite annoying is unexpected outages which occasionally prevent me from submitting text into the chat. Another thing I dislike is that I am not always able to track previous conversations unless it is a persistent chat. I am able to retrieve some but not all of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent tool to use with businesses and I highly recommend it for call centers.

The main benefit is the screen sharing capabilities. I love that I am capable of saving time by providing visual training to agents (singularly or groups) without walking away from my office. I have also learned the benefits of a persistent chat. I am able to view previous conversations easily and track my teams online chat behaviors.

Skype Business review by Oliver G.
Oliver G.

"Great way to communicate "

What do you like best?

I mostly like using Skype to talk with my coworkers and ask questions.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it glitches but aside from that, no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Connect a headset to your computer so you can do meetings and receive calls via Skype.

Previous to using Skype we would have to walk across the office to ask something to a coworker, now we can simply chat or call using Skype. Another great feature is the screen sharing, this allows us to show our screen to better explain a situation or show a problem and also allow some one to have control over your screen to assist in trouble shooting issues. Third problem we solved with Skype is to know the status of a coworker, if he or she is available, in a meeting or out of the office.

Skype Business review by Ankush P.
Ankush P.

"Better than MS Lync but crashes ta lot"

What do you like best?

UI is cool. Navigation is easy. Integration with Outlook calendar is good.

What do you dislike?

-- The Phone app is a big failure crashes so frequently.

-- File sharing was much better on Lync and pathetic on skype.

-- Call quality is poor too. Person goes on automatic mute at random times so something wrong with the software

-- In order to view meetings, one has to sign in again via exchange credentials.

-- Search for names is slow in Skype. Lync was quite responsive

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Phone app is total nuisance and doesnt work most of the times and crashes randomly but it enables screen sharing which is a plus point. One can view presenters screen even via phone app.

-- It was an auto upgrade from Lync to Skype

-- Avaya Desk phones have been completely replaced with skype. Thats a big benefit. It made free another ethernet port that was being used for Avaya VOIP desk phones

-- Joining conferences is much easier.

Skype Business review by Pauline W.
Pauline W.

"Worst application I’m forced to use everyday "

What do you like best?

I like that it integrates seemlessly with outlook. It's really easy to send out an invite and add the Skype video/call link. You just have to press a button (assuming you're signed in and it hasn't kicked you offline out of nowhere).

What do you dislike?

It signs me out constantly but gives not indication that I’m signed out. I only realize that I’m not connected when people tell me they’ve been trying to message me. To reconnect I’m forced to close the app and reopen and re-sign in. I do this countless times throughout the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Huge pain points. The entire company hates it. I've heard it can work perfectly for small organizations, but our huge company is definitely taxing its abilities to provide good reliable services. If your entire team is using Windows software and you're looking for a cheap way to handle messaging, then I understand why you would consider this software. BUT I know there are better applications out there.

Messaging and video conferencing

Skype Business review by Pablo L.
Pablo L.

"Good qualitys to be the best "

What do you like best?

In my way of think , this program has very good caracteristics to be the best communication tool . Is so simple , has all the tool for comunicate with a client , a co-worker or even to keep in touch with your friends.

The web conference is a good feature to integrate teamworks for a call. The queality of the audio conference is pretty good and don't get stock. Using it in all my device i really helpfull , in my phone , my computer , is a cool way to don't miss importarn calls.

What do you dislike?

This tool works fine in other windows but windows 10 , in fact i have this in my computer an allways gets freeze while updating the conversation.The video conference calls has to improve because , the image qualitty is pretty defficent and a waste of time to do it , is better call. Other feature that i think is a litle bit of trouble is that yo can't use it with other skype acounts , just can have as a contact bussines skype contact., regular skype contact don't work on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What i recommed is that use it under windows 7 platform , even windows 8 or windows 8.1 is going to be a litle bit of trouble to work with.

Reach out to all the menbers of the team and make better contact with all of them at he same time.To use it as a education tool for a customer , maybe runing a demo is excellent.

Skype Business review by Charles S.
Charles S.

"Skype for Business"

What do you like best?

Skype for business is simply a wonderful chat client. It is used across our whole organization (7 different locations). With this program all employees can communicate and see the current status of each employee showing them away, available, in a meeting, etc. This allows for efficiency within the company.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything negative to say about Skype for Business. It's just great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your organization is currently using another solution or simply does not have a chat client, please have a look at Skype for business. Your manager won't be disappointed!

Skype for business has made our whole company more productive, and saved us countless hours. Not having to stand up and walk to someone's desk is wonderful. The video conferencing features are extensive. We use the video portion heavily but the whiteboard and IM features work great too for better collaboration. Screen sharing is also a very useful feature.

Skype Business review by Jason A.
Jason A.

"Skype is grown up!"

What do you like best?

Skype for business is a very versatile tool which, when paired with a Microsoft Active Directory environment, helps to connect each member of a company in a unique way. This helps companies and teams collaborate where their teams do not all work together or live in the same area.

For users who have Skype for home, this is definitely not the same tool Lots of great integration for business users and functionality which really makes the application much more useable for business.

What do you dislike?

In our company's rollout, it is a bit shaky, in that some of our meetings do not always connect the way you'd expect them to. The audio hook up is good, but you need to understand a little bit about how your computer handles headsets and microphones. There is also a stigma about using Skype since there's a consumer product. While this isn't the same tool, the pro

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a Microsoft based office, Skype will serve to enhance the tools they have already. Skype brings presence, and instant communication to your users in SharePoint, Outlook, etc. Lots of great connections for Microsoft houses.

Presence, connection in and out of the office, a new easy method for scheduled or impromptu meetings. Being able to work with each other to look at documents, or screens, and get quick help and feedback on tools and projects. Its integration with Microsoft applications really is a game changer.

Skype Business review by Román P.
Román P.

"Excellent enterprise IM software"

What do you like best?

It's a really complete IM software. Really intuitive and stable.

It provides a lot of features really important in every kind of company. You can make video-conference, screen sharing, schedule meeting, etc.

The software has a very good integration with Office and Windows. For example, if you lock your PC, Lync detects that and set automatically your status to away. That maybe sound trivial, but it's really useful.

What do you dislike?

One thing I would like to change, is the possibility of integration with regular Skype. Maybe that is something that no everyone wants, but it would be nice to have the option to enable it.

In addition, it's kind of annoying to share a file in a multi-people conference. Because it is managed as an attachment, and sometimes the participants don't notice they receive a file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a Microsoft Office user, this is the best choice for sure.

The company which I work for, have used this software for several years. Since then, the communication between offices and countries has really improved. When you enroll in the company, you already have the complete list of coworkers in your contact list.

With Skype for Business, you can rest easy to block the rest of distracting IM software. It's very common to have the coworkers wasting the time with personal chats. If you use Skype for Business, you will no longer need allow the use of others IM software.

Skype Business review by Carson B.
Carson B.

"Skype for Business: A Great Tool"

What do you like best?

I love that with Skype Business, you can search for anyone within the company and immediately identify if they are available, busy, or not in the office. Rather than having to send an email, this allows you to send a quick message and receive and even quicker response.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I think Skype works well. A few times there are glitches and it shuts down unexpectedly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product for business users. It is a great tool that is easy to use, quick and efficient.

Skype for Business allows the issue of distance to become void. I can send a quick message to someone in a different plant quicker than it would take to write an email or phone call. Often associates cannot answer a phone call but can respond quickly with short skype message.

Skype Business review by Austin L.
Austin L.

"Skype for Business makes non face-to-face meeting easy!"

What do you like best?

Easy to connect with your co-workers for both short questions using the chat/text like component and complex ones using the window or desktop sharing functionality. Having statuses allows you to know if and when you can communicate with your colleagues and provides information to tell your colleagues when you are available or why you might not be able to respond quickly. Sharing material like presentation an electronic document files is actually much more practical then going to someone's desk and hovering over their shoulder or trying to crowding multiple people around one monitor. And last, but not least there is a web app!

What do you dislike?

It seems like a very strong internet connection is required to consistently use voice and sharing. I find it easier to call on a cell phone and share the material vs doing both.