Skype for Business (formerly Lync)

(6,494)

LyncProfessional meetings and collaboration—all integrated with your Office apps

Work for Skype for Business (formerly Lync)?

Learning about Skype Business?

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Reviews

Showing 6,649 Skype Business reviews
Skype Business review by Elise B.
Elise B.

"Skype as an amazing office tool"

What do you like best?

I LOVE using this product for the office. I'd only used Skype for personal reasons prior to this job, and was amazed by all of the features that I'd never used. Video conferencing is so simple and barely has any lag. The easy muting feature helps keep conference calls smooth and without interruptions. Skype is essential for us to stay in communication with clients and remote staff and so far has not failed me in any case.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of many things I dislike about Skype, honestly. It has not failed me yet and have super user-friendly features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering a simple, cost effective tool for staying in contact with your remote staff and simply streamlining communication within your company -- this tool is amazing! Don't let it's reputation as a social communication tool prevent you from entertaining it as a business tool.

Really, really helps with remote staff. I don't think having as many remote staff as we have would be possible without Skype. The amount of clear, in-time conversations we are able to have using chat as well as video calling is awesome.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Skype for Business (formerly Lync)
Skype Business review by Sam P.
Sam P.

"Skype for Business"

What do you like best?

Skype for business is a great tool to use in the office. we used to have a group for our IT team that would solve problems within hours or minutes of the problem happening. If you need a quick answer from someone that doesn't require an email this program is fantastic. you can set up groups to collaborate and video call for meetings you might not be able to make.

What do you dislike?

There is not much i dislike about this product. We have just recently swapped over to it and we have not encountered any problems thus far. The interface could be a little more friendly but that is just me looking for a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say pull the trigger on it. The benefits of using this program are huge. It saves the time of having to run around, avoid unnecessary phone calls and emails that require an immediate answer. Nothing will replace face to face conversation but in the meantime this tool I would highly recommend.

as previously mentioned we had an IT group that would solve all our problems and we would be able to communicate quickly and effectively. When you need an answer from someone on a different floor or deparment it makes life simple in the fact you can just reach out. being able to video call is also a major plus if you are out of office.

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Skype Business review by Zenab B.
Zenab B.

"Skype For Business - Tool for Remote Meetings "

What do you like best?

- We can solve every queries and question on quick meetings. we dont need to create long trail and need to wait for confirmations on email so answer can be avail quickly on call.

- you can know persons availability by seeing status on Skype for Business.

- There are few emojis are available and we can change font color too, so i find that is fun and mood changing in long boring working days.

- it is very easy to use.

- It allows us to share our screen and document which is very helpful for remote meetings.

- It is cheaper than other products available in market for same purpose.

What do you dislike?

- You need to have strong internet connections every single time to perfectly use Skype for business otherwise you will not be able to communicate properly.

- constant pings can may disturb you but you can change status to DND or Busy to ignore those while working on something important.

- some times not very often it happened that i receive some popup of chat but dont receive any massage at all so that is kind of bug.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes i recommend Skype for Business 100% for every formal conversation and professional use.

- In my profession Skype for business is like super friend to me because i can frequently arrange meetings with client and my team members to solve queries and have weekly and monthly remote meetings.

Skype Business review by Miriam Betsave O.
Miriam Betsave O.

"Skype for Business is the right platform to promote communication in your work."

What do you like best?

I use Skype for Business in my work, and it has worked very well for me. I always use the personal skype but the business one easily adapts to my needs in the office. My favorite thing is to make video conferences because it is very easy and they have almost no delay.

I can integrate it with my outlook account and decide how to set up a skype meeting with just one click, plus it is easy to add up to 800 contacts. With this software communication with my work team is becoming more effective.

One thing that is remarkable is that we can synchronize with other Microsoft software simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

The truth is I do not have something that totally displeases me, I just have to say that the audio is sometimes not so good, I've had conversations that are not heard well or the audio is lost in a certain way of the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

How not to recommend it? With this marvel of sosftware the communication in your work is fast and efficient, with few failures and without interruptions. The perfect option for any user and much more for business. You can share a desktop, make a videoconference and share a screen, share images, files, links, create groups, add your contacts ... I recommend it because it is very complete and it has worked very well in my work.

Working remotely with Skype for Business is a success. You can solve any inconvenience of work so you do not find yourself in the office. The fact of sharing images, files, links, etc. saves me a lot of time since everything I do in this same social network.

You can communicate from anywhere with any device.

Skype Business review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Used heavily within Biotech/Pharma companies"

What do you like best?

Seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook makes setting up a "Skype Meeting" as easy as pushing a button. When the actual meeting starts, simply click on the link and join. A headset with computer audio will work or, Skype for Business can be integrated with an 800 number and gives users an additional way to participate. Interactions between meeting participants include chat, sharing desktops and seeing who joined as well as "face time" interaction. This is a very nice product, and when set up correctly, makes meetings much less painful and enables remote workers. Here's the kicker most people don't realize - it works from your mobile phone using the Skype for Business Mobile app - very convenient if you're mobile. It will also integrate with your Outlook meetings calendar, even over the cloud and off VPN.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the audio is a bit glitchy; there are some issues to work out as the product is still growing. But this product is much easier to use than gotomeeting and is more crisp and simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it's properly integrated with an 800 number.

remote work is a dream using this tool.

Skype Business review by sydney h.
sydney h.

"Makes things easy and seamless"

What do you like best?

I like that it is so instant and fast to contact someone, whether it is a quick question or an actual video conference. Sometimes you have to wait on a person to see an email or call you back, but this is instant.

What do you dislike?

In the time that I've been hooked up to Skype, there isn't anything that I don't like. Every time is painless and I have not run into any problems yet with the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say go for it, it will be a huge convenience for you and your team especially if you have team members who physically work out of different locations or are out of town and need to have a call or meeting.

I am saving time by not having to sit on the phone with people or send emails back and forth, when I can simply use this pop up on my computer to instant message with someone in my office, or many states away from here.

Skype Business review by Mathieu G.
Mathieu G.

"Microsoft has come a long way. Skype for Business really hits the target"

What do you like best?

I like the collaboration functionalities such as screen share and calls. Having a pretty fast and reliable network, the sound quality is great and we barely get calls dropped at all. The integration of Skype with other microsoft product is also very nice.

What do you dislike?

It might just be a setting put in place by admins but we can't copy-paste images in the chat. We have to send emails instead. I really wish we could use only Skype for pretty much every communication. Only non-urgent matters should be communicated by emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use and reliability shouldn't be questioned when looking for such a product.

Microsoft has a robust and reliable product.

A lot of workers are working in open areas with no fixed desk. Skype for business allowed that change by getting people to use their laptops as phones basically. Also, we now have the capacity to schedule skype meetings. That was also needed in order to be able to allow people to work from home every once in a while.

Skype Business review by Waweru M.
Waweru M.

"Skype for Business is the most vital communication tool"

What do you like best?

I like Skype for Business since it is simple to download, install, and setup with no basic knowledge. Hence, to become a pro, you do not need to get complex training. Again, Skype for Business has a simple interface and smooth design, which makes it straightforward to use. Finally, I love Skype for Business since it enable me to save time and effort while communicating.

What do you dislike?

So far, I do not have much issue with Skype for Business, but it would be the best communication tool on the market if they improve interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, with no hesitation, mainly to all those that are looking for a communication tool that can help them to save time and energy while chatting.

We have relished a lot with Skype for Business. To begin with, it is now easy to share files, links, images, and screenshots with Skype for Business in the entire agency. Additionally, we are able to carry out video conferencing with Skype for Business.

Skype Business review by Jeremiah M.
Jeremiah M.

"You need something that works easily with MS Office"

What do you like best?

Most people in most companies use MS office. You need something that easily integrates with your existing business world. I love that it integrates into an outlook calendar. I also love that its available for Mac. In my experience- you can't ask people to implement something well into their day-to-day unless it easily slips into things they already do. The phone number intergration is great when you work with gov employees like we do.

What do you dislike?

I think it could be a bit cleaner looking. Some features aren't available on mac like a recording. The recording quality could be better as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't skimp on paying for good support. This thing will be the way you communicate in your company and you need to make the investment worth it.

We work with government and many times they cant download plugins or software due to firewall blockages. Having the ability to easily access a phone number helps solve this problem.

Skype Business review by Ariel C.
Ariel C.

"I would use other communication software if it was my choice"

What do you like best?

- Good quality in voice communications.

- Integration with Outlook could be handy, like meetings reminder and chat history.

What do you dislike?

- It doesn't save the chat history when you open a new chat window.

- Sometimes I end up opening multiple windows to chat with the same person, and that is really annoying.

- Without realizing it, you may end up writing from right to left, in bold. And you wont know how to go back to normal writing. You will probably close the windows as I usually do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Probably, Skype for Business is the right choice for most users. I think the experience depends on the user profile. I´m a Software developer in the company, and sometimes this app feels small and annoying.

It is the official communication software we use to keep all the teams in touch. (besides outlook).

From development team, infrastructure to HR are connected to skype all the time.

Skype Business review by Keeton H.
Keeton H.

"I love Skype for Business"

What do you like best?

Something that I really like about Skype for Business is that it's so easy to get a hold of other people in your company thanks to this. There are just some things where people don't need to email about it, but you don't want to text them to disrupt their work flow...hence, Skype for Business!

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I dislike is how our calendars are synced with it. It's a good thing sometimes, but there are also times when I wish people couldn't see that I am actively online because then I feel like I need to respond immediately if I get a message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd definitely recommend! I don't see a reason to not use it. Seems to me like there is no negative. Easy way to talk with your friends and coworkers during your time at work.

I touched upon this earlier, but for the issues that aren't important enough for an email, Skype for Business is perfect. Everyone in my company uses it. I also like how you have your pictures up there next to it, because in my company, I don't always know everyone so it helps make it a little more personal having pictures up there.

Skype Business review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"Skype for Business - not the greatest, not the worst"

What do you like best?

It easily connects everyone on staff at our large organization. When I need quick answers to questions but don't want to send an email, this product is perfect. The search feature works well, and I like how I can add my frequent contacts to "favorites" to easily access them in the future.

What do you dislike?

It's not the most user-friendly. It took me awhile to figure out, and I'm still figuring it out. I've used this product for over a year -- it's not as easy to navigate as Google's chat software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product certainly gets the job done, and integrates well with Microsoft Outlook. However, it's fairly challenging to figure out -- this product is not the most user-friendly. I'm used to the Google suite of applications which are incredibly user-friendly and easy to navigate; this product doesn't match up.

Quickly connecting with other colleagues for immediate responses to questions. It's easier and quicker than sending email.

Skype Business review by Sonia S.
Sonia S.

"Skype Empresarial, el mejor aliado para tu empresa"

What do you like best?

Lo que más me gusta es haber dejado de usar el teléfono gracias al Skype empresarial. Es lo más cómodo que he visto a nivel empresarial. Puedes llamar con los cascos, compartir la pantalla y chatear, lo tiene todo.

Además lo puedes abrir desde cualquier sitio, incluso móvil.

What do you dislike?

Lo que menos me gusta del Skype Empresarial es que a veces no llegan los mensajes al destinatario y los devuelve y no te enteras si no miras la ventana que el receptor no los ha recibido.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Os recomiendo este programa empresarial, toda la empresa nos comunicamos con él y estamos encantados.

En nuestro día a día lo usamos constantemente, antes teníamos que estar llamando para buscar a la gente, que descolgaran, que es ese momento no tuvieran lio, etc, ahora le dejas un mensaje en el Skype y cuando pueda lo lee y te atiende. Si tienes que resolverle algo en su ordenador te comparte la pantalla y se lo puedes mostrar de una manera muy fácil. Si quieres llamar por voz te pones los cascos y contactas desde la misma ventana de chat de manera muy cómoda. También se puede hacer conferencia entre varios usuarios que es mucho más rápido que estar buscando una sala para reunirte, y además te pueden hacer una presentación en Power Point y cosas así. También es útil el envío de ficheros con lo que te ahorras de tener que estar enviando correos. Me encanta este programa.

Skype Business review by Daniel G.
Daniel G.

"Lync un programa muy completo"

What do you like best?

La interfaz, la compatibilidad con skype, la colidad de audio/video, organización de usuario, facilidad de manejo, estabilidad, videoconferencia, compartir escritorio

What do you dislike?

La aplicación para movil es muy mala, le faltan notifiaciones más llamativas y más emojis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

La recomiendo porque es una aplicación muy buena para comunicarte con tus compañeros del trabajo, es eficaz, tiene muchas características como por ejemplo compartir tu escritorio con los demás o incluso cederles el control, lo cual es muy útil en el ámbito de la informático para solucionar incidencias en remoto. La videoconferencia funciona bien siempre y cuando tengas un buen equipo, no molesta ya que se minimiza, te permite crear grupos para poder hablarles a todo a la vez en más de una ocasión, se integra muy bien con outook para reuniones en linea o simplemente para que te ponga en estado de reunión, registra todas las conversiones en un historia que tambien es almacenado en tu cuenta de outlook, puedes usarlo con la aplicación android o ios aunque tiene mucho que mejorar.

Comunicación directa e inmediata con todos mis compañeros de trabajo, saber si están o no ausentes de su puesto.

Skype Business review by Ángel Adrián M.
Ángel Adrián M.

"Sigue resistiendo"

What do you like best?

Es bastante robusto y liviano, consume poca RAM y siempre avisa de chats entrantes, por lo que no te pierdes ninguna conversacion.

la facilidad para entrar en una conversación grupal

los estilos de fuentes personalizables

el audio en las conversaciones es cristalino y no consume nada de ancho de banda

rapidez de acceso a la aplicacion en frío

el historial de conversaciones es muy comodo cuando te olvidas de que hablaste hace una semana, siempre estan ahí para consulta. y si está en lazado con el correo, las conversaciones tambien las guarda ahi .

la aplicacion de movil se actualiza constantemente por lo que siempre hay novedaes y no deja atrás ningun sistema operativo movil popular.

capacidad de enlazar las llamadas de skype a un telefono movil particular.

sincronizacion entre las conversaciones de la aplicacion movil y la version de escritorio

What do you dislike?

un poco anticuado, sistema de emoticonos muy antiguo estilo messenger de los años 2000, la interfaz es algo anticuada y no permite enviar screenshots ni archivos sin dar fallo el 80% de las veces.

en conversaciones grupales a veces es dificil seguir a quien esta exponiendo en el instante en el que expone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

cerrar de vez en cuando el programa, cada 2 dias por ejemplo, para que vaya mas fluido. no intentar hacer envíos de archivos muy grandes, puede estropearse y dar a fallos indeseados.

todo tipo de incidencias y comunicaciones con las personas de mi entorno.

Skype Business review by Sergio S.
Sergio S.

"Lync no puede faltar en tu empresa"

What do you like best?

Para mi lo mejor de lync es la comodidad que ofrece a la hora de contactar con la gente y la posibilidad que te compartan la pantalla si tienes que solucionarles algún problema técnico. En general el audio y el vídeo son bastante buenos, incluso mejor que por teléfono, con la comodidad añadida de poder usar cascos y tener las manos libres para operar. Es muy cómodo también el sistema de búsqueda de usuarios en el directorio de la empresa.

What do you dislike?

Lo que menos me gusta quizá es la compartición de archivos, por lo menos en nuestra empresa no funciona muy allá, ya no sé si es culpa de nuestra configuración o de lync en general. Tampoco nos funciona bien alguna vez la compartición de pantalla ya que a veces no sale, pero son las menos de las veces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trabajo a diario con Lync y no concibo el trabajo sin el, si te estas planteando usarlo no lo dudes

Lync lo uso a diario, es el medio principal que usamos para comunicarnos en la empresa, tanto con mis compañeros como cuando tengo que resolver una incidencia y ponerme en contacto con algún usuario. Antes usábamos el teléfono, ahora prácticamente nunca, nos ponemos en contacto por lync para hablar, incluso si hay que tocarle algo de su ordenador nos comparten pantalla y nos dan el control para tocar lo que necesitemos. También usamos mucho las multiconferencias entre varios usuarios y hacer presentaciones. Ya no concibo trabajar sin lync.

Skype Business review by Eugenia P.
Eugenia P.

"Buena aplicación de mensajería instantánea, pero las llamadas algo caras."

What do you like best?

Hablamos de una aplicación de mensajería instantánea con años de recorrido en el mercado. En este caso, tratamos su versión Profesional para empresas.

Aprueba, con creces, en las versiones de aplicación de mensajería, en transferencia de archivos y compartir pantalla con compañeros. Igualmente, las conferencias-multiconferencias que se pueden hacer con Skype Empresarial (Antiguo Microsoft Link), remiten una gran calidad tanto en voz como en vídeo, por lo que tenemos delante una aplicación muy completa. Para las conferencias sólo voz, también encontramos grandísima calidad de audio y, en relación a las llamadas telefónicas por su sistema de VoIP, igualmente la calidad es 5/5.

What do you dislike?

Lo único negativo que recalcaría sobre esta aplicación es el precio de las llamadas emitidas desde la aplicación. En tarifa nacional son precios aceptables, pero extremadamente caras las llamadas a teléfonos móviles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si se revisaran los precios de las llamadas, así como los planes mensuales y por minutos que ofertan, sería una aplicación perfecta. Igualmente, intentaría suplementar la seguridad en los accesos, tanto a la aplicación en sí como a las videollamadas y conferencias. En relación a esto último, sería interesante proponer algún tipo de seguridad extra, ya que muchas veces se tratan temas muy confidenciales en las reuniones y, pese a confiar en Microsoft, no podemos asegurar la integridad de la comunicación.

No tuvimos ningún tipo de problema al desplegar Skype for Business en los 189 ordenadores que tenemos en la empresa. Se realizó un paquete de actualización y se instalaron sin ningún error reportado a este departamento.

Skype Business review by Felipe G.
Felipe G.

"Gran aplicación para la mensajería interna de la empresa."

What do you like best?

Nos encontramos con una aplicación excelente para la mensajería interna de la empresa, permitiendo compartir escritorio entre compañeros, así como videollamadas para las reuniones de la dirección y Junta de la empresa.

What do you dislike?

Para según qué momentos y sesiones, plantearía implantar una verificación en dos pasos, bien a través de SMS a un número reconocido o bien a través de algún tipo de certificado digital.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Para videosesiones, implementaría algún paso más de verificación, además del correo electrónico y la contraseña, con la finalidad de poder ampliar la seguridad. No obstante, nosotros hemos instalado la cabecera en servidor interno, por lo que hay que estar en red local o conectado a través de la VPN para poder acceder. Aun así, ratifico la solicitud de verificación en, al menos, dos pasos para video.

Problemas como tal, no hemos tenido ninguno. Simplemente la sugerencia que he puesto en el punto anterior de la Review.

Skype Business review by Augustus M.
Augustus M.

"Skype for Business is the most advanced communication tool so far"

What do you like best?

I like everything about Skype for Business from design to interface. I like how it is simple to download, install, and start using this tool with no basic knowledge. Also, it is easy to use Skype for Business since it has a slick design and simple interface. Skype for Business has all the tools that help me to save time and energy while communicating via it. For instance, with emoticons and mojis, it is easy to express the feelings with just a click.

What do you dislike?

I hate the sound produced by this tool while making audio call from a place with poor cloud computing. However, we do not face this issue since we outsourced the best and reliable cloud service early this year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Skype for Business for capabilities like video and audio conferencing.

Skype for Business has allowed us to come up with a forum that involves all the teams in our agency, ie Skype Group. That way, it is easy to pass any information that may encompass all or few members.

Skype Business review by Gabriel G.
Gabriel G.

"High quality videoconferences with Skype for business"

What do you like best?

From my point of view, I think that is a great tool for business communication, especially in situations of long distance communication, I believe that the fact that Skype for Business allows to create conference rooms through video call and in said inclusion People who belong to the work area as well as to third parties in order that everyone perceives the same presentation seems fantastic to me. It has a feature that pleased me personally and that it also allows me to make use of 365 office tools such Excel, Word or PowerPoint while running a video conference, that means that it offers multiple possibilities when it comes to getting involved with the program from my point of view, these characteristics make this a unique and essential tool for the working world.

What do you dislike?

Being a tool that offers a very good long-distance communication and Office tools, it also requires a high-performance PC to cover such demand for resources, therefore, in low budget pcs, or rather, low-end, They may not obtain an optimal experience because they can not prevail in the face of this demand for resources. Another feature of this software that I have been experiencing is that sometimes there are often problems with fluency regarding calls on video calls, sometimes due to internet connection but sometimes not. It usually works well and I like the program but I can not help but feel discomfort when these problems arise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recomended, it's a excellent program, it offers you the best comunication through videocalls. Good quality videoconferences wherever you stay.

In general, it has allowed me to establish communications with multiple companies in different parts of the world, facilitating business, and so, facilitating day to day work. It has allowed me even better communication in the company even with my own business and my partners, has made my responsibilities something easier and practical to cope with and less stressful.

Skype Business review by Shivani S.
Shivani S.

"Skype for business is fundamental for any type of business dealing. "

What do you like best?

There is a portable form that enables you to been associated while not in your work area, and on the off chance that you miss a message you get an email demonstrating that you have pending correspondences with some person.

There is additionally usefulness for making room amass visits and moment gatherings.

What do you dislike?

The most clear challenges are in the control of the program, typically individuals don't dig into the applications that this adaptation of Skype has, since it is particularly connected with the rendition utilized for informal organizations, the other thing is in the help dependability is required in the web access supplier so the involvement with the program is of the most astounding quality as far as sound and video.

I utilize Skype in conjunction with a couple of other specialized instruments for reaching individuals from my specialization, spread all through country and worldwide.

Skype Business review by Brady B.
Brady B.

"Skype is great for our business"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how organized and well set up the program is. It is easy to find any feature you may need and they are easy to use once you find what you need. Every feature that i require at my business helps tremendously in my day to day work. It allows me to get ahold of fellow employees without the need to yell across the room or have to get up to let them know something. It is also very useful in obtaining email address or phone numbers of coworkers that you do not know right off hand, which makes working much easier. The feature where you can see if someone is available to talk or busy also makes life much easier.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes has some little bugs where it will not show a notification that you get a message and you will just keep working not aware that you received that message. The screen share option can also be a little finicky at times where it is just confusing to get going.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get this program if you have several employees that are not in close proximity or if you work in a quite environment then this is perfect for you.

We are able to better communicate between the separate floors of our clinic so we can relay information immediately instead of having to go up or down a floor to get information across. Also, it makes tech support very easy as they are able to control your computer through the program.

Skype Business review by william f.
william f.

"EASY Simple and helpful"

What do you like best?

Right when I sign on to my Workstation it automatically logs me into skype which is very convenient and efficient for my workstation when I need help or if I ned to make a conference call.

What do you dislike?

It does not close unless I manually close the application it remains open and does not go away so I have to manually close the application for it to not appear on the workstation it becomes quiet annoying when I log in every day to my work station and I have to manually close the application from within the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a simple and easy to use interface and will enhance and better your business if you need to reach out for help or guidance from a supervisor or a support team make sure if you want to sign out you click on it within the app or else the interface will stay open.

If needed I can conference call my support/technical team for questions and or assistance itdts a nicce tools to have if I need to talk or have a meeting with a supervisor.

Skype Business review by Aurélien L.
Aurélien L.

"Easy to use and high performing solutions with lack of customizations"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business is really efficient in its core functionalities : communication is simple, fast and easy. For main usage, it does not require specific training for users (including for users in factories for instance). In my opinion, it is a excellent tool to use in combination with email program; it indeed reduces (more or less, but it can be significant) the amount of emails, as simple and quick communication is now directly handled with Skype for Business. Eventually, it is also - by far from what I know - one of few tools perfectly serviceable on many various devices, without difficulties ; and this is a great point for this kind of communication software.

What do you dislike?

I think Skype for Business may be a better software if it includes more customization for each user. It should be great for instance to allow each user to customize the homepage, as the software is normally always launched on PC and on mobiles phones (in our organization, Skype is automatically launched at Windows start for all users). There is also improvement to make in the files sharing directly from Skype for Business; for the moment, it is really basic, and even sharing a screenshot is not that efficient (because thumbnail is undersize) and can be problematic in calling conversation with many users. For several users, it is now usual to share only links (dropbox links for instance) instead of documents directly on Skype for Business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to launch it when Windows start for all users.

We simply increased total amount of communication; benefits can also be done because users are no longer interrupted by phone calls when only a simple piece of information need to be done. It is now done with Skype for Business.

Skype Business review by Tom M.
Tom M.

"Outdated solution that needs a lot of TLC"

What do you like best?

One feature I like is that it saves all of your communications (texts) in to Outlook. Another feature I like is the integration with Outlook allowing me to create a new Skype meeting when I create a calendar entry.

One final feature I like is that I can see who is online, who is in a meeting etc.

What do you dislike?

Skype for Business is an ok communications platform and when it was under the Lync banner worked well. Unfortunately when it was acquired by Microsoft , it seems to have been forgotten from a development perspective.

It crashes on a semi regular basis. Every time I disconnect/connect from my laptop dock is loses the appropriate audio settings meaning I have to change them to the right one before I make or receive a call - really frustrating.

If you make your details public you'll get inundated with spammers etc who have no relationship with you (though some will try to get one if you accept their connection request).

The internet connectivity required is quite intensive compared to other solutions meaning. This means that if I am in a country where the internet connectivity is not that good, I can't use the solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrate the solution with Microsoft Office and make sure your profile is not publicly viewable.

The main benefit we realised is a cheaper and more efficient way to communicate with our customers and prospects.

The ability to see who is online and, more importantly, who is available is a great benefit as I can quickly and easily see if someone is free for a quick chat etc.

Skype Business review by Aimee E.
Aimee E.

"Essential tool for dispersed teams!"

What do you like best?

we have tried a number of different software products to host meetings with our geographically dispersed team. Many of them were clunky or difficult to use, and our meeting were spent troubleshooting.Skype for business makes it easy to connect the right people to the meetings, allow everyone to fully communicate, and share screens, documents and presentations. It also is the best intra-office messaging tool we have used It works very seamlessly with Outlook and all our other tools..

What do you dislike?

I found the process of setting up distinct groups to be a bit more cumbersome than I expected. I also wish it had a Slack-like feature to have different conversational "channels" going at once. It is great for instant communications but is sometimes difficult to pull up info from previous conversations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a geographically dispersed team, this product will make it much easier to collaborate, hold meetings, and share documents and presentations.

Previously we used a separate tool for interoffice communications, and relied on WebEx or other tools for conferencing, which required downloading separate software, lots of troubleshooting, etc. with Skype for business we can have meetings with our remote teams, quickly share screens and presentations when needed, and quickly communicate via the messaging feature.

Skype Business review by Maria Francia G.
Maria Francia G.

"Skype for Business, the key to successful communication in your work. "

What do you like best?

Personally I think that most of Microsoft's software are very productive and Skype for Business does not escape from it. I find it to be an application that is very easy to use, organized and accessible to anyone, since it is available for multiple devices. Their calls are one of the features that I use the most, I can talk with my work group and carry out online meetings through videoconferences. It is a fantastic application, it facilitates interaction and closeness with my co-workers.

Thanks to the fact that it is integrated with Office applications such as Excel or Word, I can share and transfer my files to my companions in an easier way and without interruptions.

What do you dislike?

In some cases the notifications do not arrive at the precise moment what is harmful at the time of receiving some order or important information in my work. Other times it has happened to me that when making calls, they do not have good quality or resolution, I think that should improve this because the communication can be affected by this detail, since it is a little uncomfortable.

With Skype for Business, my ties of instant communication with my colleagues in the company have narrowed. Wherever I go I'm always aware of what happens in my work, just enough to take my phone or my computer to make a call, send a document and say how I want to visualize and take control. Any form of communication is safe with this software.

Skype Business review by Raul Lorenzo G.
Raul Lorenzo G.

"The business communication platform is called Skype. "

What do you like best?

What I like about Skype for companies, is that it allows me to be in constant communication, through it I can talk, chat, allow me to see the co-worker to whom I give precise instructions of the business, creating in me a feeling of closeness with whom I am doing the feedback. I love being able to access Skype for companies both on my phone and on my PC, I just have to have Android for the phone and the Windows operating system, Linux, etc. In the same way, I like Skype for companies, because during the time I make the call, I can divide the screen in two and share presentations, photos, etc., and I can make video calls with HD quality.

What do you dislike?

Among the things I do not like about Skype for companies is that it does not allow me to make emergency calls in case I need them to solve a setback, however, I will have to use the cell phone or landline, in addition to this, Everyone can access which is very easy to have unwanted contacts. Sometimes audio and video fails when I am communicating with other companies, and with ours as well. It is very susceptible to be a victim of catching a virus when downloading the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it for being an easy and quick tool to install, both in the mobile, as in another device, works with almost all computers, with Windows, Linux, etc. In addition, so that you can access other Skype users in part of the world, because it works with all firewalls, it has nothing more to configure. It is very economical to use

With Skype for companies I make national and international calls from my house or in a record time, although the call is not free, it is worth it, since it is super economic, I can also access it from the PC, tablet, mobile, usable, Xbox, etc. I have seen the need to communicate with my relatives who are in other countries, and with Skype we have been able to maintain family closeness, as well as conversations of an employment nature, to obtain an agricultural product, the tool has been very useful.

Skype Business review by Alaa H.
Alaa H.

"Skype makes work environments easier"

What do you like best?

Skype's calling quality is the reason why our company chose it, it allowed us to communicate with our 3rd party vendors across the country in ease and to host video calls and share our screens with quality and efficiency.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

this product will serve your work environment needs,so i highly recommend you to use it

Skype for Business goes with you wherever you go.

Nowadays mobility is fundamental to keep pace and have the work done. Skype for Business is a communication tool for businesses available wherever there is Internet and mobile access, which drastically reduces the cost of IT by supporting home-based workers and mobile workers

Skype Business review by Erue D.
Erue D.

"With Skype conference calls bring people more together!"

What do you like best?

It makes a big difference to be able to see other people in a conference call meeting. Before conducting our meeting with Skype, it was difficult to hear what the members said, who was talking and what could be happening, as visual aids.

the conferences and meetings are much more efficient using video chat, we can connect from a phone with android or iphone or a pc be window or linux.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally we have issues with calls being dropped or the video image is a little jerky causing a lapse in communication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

skype helps connect the world, adapts to the technological reality of our times, companies like individuals should use skype, we gain time and we improve communication, if you are looking for a technological help to communicate in an effective way skype busisnes in the option.

fast installation on all your devices, microsoft security, you can install it and take it everywhere

Skype for Business goes with you wherever you go.

Skype Business review by Alyson D.
Alyson D.

"User friendly and good tool"

What do you like best?

This product is pretty user friendly. I like that you can add favorite contacts for quick find. It is a helpful quick chat and conferencing tool and useful when working with remote or global teams. Skype for Business is a life-saver for fast feedback and communication. I like that you can view if someone is available, busy, out of office, etc.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app does not work well at all. It is really hit or miss if you can log in and connect to a meeting and sometimes it kicks you out. I would really like to see this improved so I can use Skype for Business "on the go" without having to use my computer. Also, sometimes document share does not work. It is a nice feature when it does work, but it is hit or miss.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product overall. Have only had a few minor technical issues in several years of using it.

Overall the tool is very useful for fast feedback and communication. It is nice to see if people are currently available or have an Out of Office message up. Although many of my colleagues do not update their status currently, I can see this being very useful as we move to an open work environment without assigned workstations. Skype for Business also provides the ability to easily engage with global and remote team members. This is my company's primary tool for conferences and can be used globally.

Skype Business review by Stever Jose G.
Stever Jose G.

"Effective communication and with cost savings for the company"

What do you like best?

The possibility of having internal and external contacts to the company that use Skype For Business

To be able to include my personal Skype contacts in a single tool

The meeting rooms and their capacity to add 250 people in a room

To join a meeting is not necessary a desktop application and can be added by a plugin or direct dialing a local number and accessing the pin of the room.

When I travel and use Skype for business to make calls to my country, the cost for the company is a local call because the head office is in my country despite using it outside of it.

the multiple facilities to share files, documents, screens and edit file in collaboration in a meeting.

the integration of skype for business with Office 365 and the applications of Ofimatica desktops that you can contact any partner who has edited a document or sent you an email with a single click.

to be able to organize my most used contacts with favorites and group them by states.

to be able to hold meetings and presentations and be able to record them and then use it as training material for those who did not participate in the original meeting.

the file transfer is very good and you always have the files available locally.

The ability to leave a voice message on the answering machine.

how instuitive is the application

from a single window to be able to access certain actions and not have to move from

the functionalities of managing the audience and being a moderator, presenter or participant.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to send attachments in a chat meeting.

the identification of several people talking at once is difficult if they are more than 10 identify the speaker, so I think the last point mentioned in favor that you can regulate who presents.

the conversations you make from the mobile device are not registered in the chat history with outlook

locate the function of chat in the integration with office 365 on the web owa is not so easy you have to explain it to the users

Recommendations to others considering the product

That they try the solution in the cloud if they have doubts so that they validate their potential and in this way they can make the final decision to acquire the onpremise or a hybrid

779/5000

Solve problems of communicating with customers and suppliers with cost savings because the calls are at local cost or assumed in the O365 license package.

It also solves a problem of availability of the support team in areas or foreign branches, avoiding the transfer of them and ensuring customer service from the office with shared desktop functions.

Moving for meetings or training, that mobilization of personnel is a cost that was benefited when implementing the implementation of skype for busines

Benefits

Increase in productivity

Availability of the work team.

Teamwork is facilitated.

Reduction of costs in personnel transfers and long distance telephone calls.

Skype Business review by Tyler M.
Tyler M.

"Incredibly useful... when it works."

What do you like best?

Love the instant communication, ability to screenshare seamlessly, send documents and images without email, conversation tracking, contact grouping, and constant online status for contacts (online, away, out of office, do not disturb, etc.)

What do you dislike?

Mobile integration could be significantly better. Mobile and desktop almost work like separate products - I cannot continue a conversation across both. For instance, if I start a conversation at my desk I can't pick it up on my phone once I leave. Screen sharing works great when it doesn't crash the program, which I've found is 10-15% of the time. When I need to present something that absolutely cannot crash, I opt for another program that's less convenient but much more stable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for quick communication and instant messaging, integration with Outlook, and sharing screens. Would fully recommend if integration with mobile were more seamless and if program stability issues were completely worked out. I have not tried similar messaging programs like Slack, but I imagine it would offer similar features. Since I am an end user and not involved in procurement, I'm not sure how pricing compares.

Instant communication across teams, group chats where multiple teams/locations are involved.

Skype Business review by Stefan T.
Stefan T.

"Name says it, it's Skype but for Business."

What do you like best?

I love the organizational tools from Skype for business, meaning you can create different groups, and you can create multiple chats which you can either have combined in one window or detached separately. I love the DND option where no one can reach to you if you are doing something important you don't want to be distracted.

What do you dislike?

I use Skype for presentational purposes mostly, and Presentation mode works very well as well as remote connection feature. However I have to admit that I miss Annotation options a lot like the ones where you can highlight something around it or write a text on the screen, those options are really crucial for anyone that uses Skype as their main presentational tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone should check Skype for Business if that is an option for them.

At my company, we use Skype for written communication and occasionally we use it for Spoken conversations.

Skype Business review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Skype for Business Works Great in Consulting Firm Environment"

What do you like best?

I use Microsoft Outlook, and something I perhaps like best about Skype for Business is how easily its conferencing ability meshes with that email software in particular (Skype is owned by Microsoft). It is super easy to send out phone/video conference invitations and edit setting whenever you need. In general, Skype for Business is an awesome multi functional chat/call solution for the office.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say there is anything I dislike, but certainly a feature I wish was available (or maybe is but I just don't know about it) is an ability to 'page all' as in send a voice message or chat to everyone in the office at once. This could be useful if one person isn't at their desk and they might still be able to hear the page from somewhere else in the office. I have seen this on IP Phone systems, where it would come out on everyone's speakerphone, but if there was a way to do that on Skype it would be icing on the cake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I certainly would recommend Skype for Business in an office setting over some of the other call and conferencing software that is available (especially for anyone who already uses Microsoft Office and/or Outlook).

Skype for Business helps with multiple capacities in an office setting. It provides IP phone numbers for everyone, simple call and chat functions, video and voice conferencing capabilities, and seamlessly integrates with other Microsoft software such as Outlook.

Skype Business review by Craig R.
Craig R.

"Good app for instant messaging & workable for meetings"

What do you like best?

I like the instant messaging feature. It also shows who's online or offline & for how many days. The mobile app is also really good if you have a strong internet. The ability to connect it to a desk IP phone is great & with a wired connection its the most economical out there. The support is great as well.

What do you dislike?

The calling feature is not that great. It requires really good internet to make calls without it dropping. The mobile app doesn't work well when it runs in the back ground and doesn't show when people actually message you. There are some limitations in terms of joining meetings while using the app on your phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should go for the app as it is very user friendly & works well. If you are using it as the only calling app then make sure the internet is great especially for mobile phones. It works great on all your devices. If you have a Cisco softphone or any other IP based calling client then this the platform you can use & see the calling as a backup. Incorporating it into a IP based handset then it works like a charm & can become your desk phone easily.

The problem of having an IP calling feature active on the cellphone. So far the benefits have been good for calling using the dialing feature. If your internet is good, its a great app.

Skype Business review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.

"Works Great, only a few glitches over the past year."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to connect with individuals around my university. Is a great way to get a hold of people fast when I know they are going to be at their computers.

What do you dislike?

The search feature is cumbersome in a large organization. Sometimes, I have some technical issues sending messages when I find who I believe is the correct contact

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have this platform at your organization, please be sure to create a culture on campus that uses the platform and that remembers to stay logged on. If this culture is not established, it will take users a long time to answer their messages which defeats the purpose of this instant messenger system.

Please do not use this platform for email like messages. It is much better for sending quick messages back and forth.

Skype for Business connects the employees at the University allowing for smoother hand-offs when students are visiting campus, quick solutions to questions, and convenient campus wide messaging systen

Skype Business review by Stanislava P.
Stanislava P.

"IM for business"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is set up from the start, there is no need for you to enter your details, everything is already pre-configured and you can just start using Skype for Business with your office 365 account, and you can easily get in touch with anyone from your company. I love the option where you can schedule meetings and synchronize them with your outlook calendar which is super useful if you don't want anyone to interrupt you while you are on an important meeting.

What do you dislike?

Skype for business sometimes crash or gets nonresponsive, which can be a big problem especially if you had many chats open and many conversations started.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Skype for business to anyone that wants to stay productive throughout the working day.

I use Skype to get in touch with my colleagues, that are not at the same location as me. We can cover any hot topic, or we can have the discussion about an email thread rather than emailing and waiting for a response.

Skype Business review by Samantha T.
Samantha T.

"Skype for Business"

What do you like best?

I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication

What do you dislike?

I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication vI like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication vI like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication I like best is that its reliable for communication

Skype Business review by Ayan H.
Ayan H.

"Perfect platform for business meetings with remote clients"

What do you like best?

The absolutely perfect and clean interface for voice and video calls; not to mention the other options to share files and multi-person meetings. I like the mobile app more than the desktop version due to the cleaner look and ease of use, but I won't complain for the desktop version as well. You can share a presentation, annotate things to highlight, and share access control to others who want to present.

What do you dislike?

The difficulty in connecting with users outside my company. It's damn difficult to search for a user with their email address even when I have selected "Skype Directory". Often results and redundant and non-leading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Skype for Business because it's feature rich, works pretty well during network congestions and serves the true purpose of facilitating a perfect business meeting.

Client and team meetings. It solves the real pain of connecting with clients and peer working out of a different location.

Skype Business review by Rakesh  A.
Rakesh A.

"Using skype for business from past 3 yrs"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business is a secure and reliable enterprise edition of the globally adopted consumer version Skype; the most popular voice communication service in the world. Skype for Business brings together all of the typically disparate ways to communicate into one platform, so employees can access and use multiple communication applications through a single interface, using any device and from any location.

What do you dislike?

it’s important to state the obvious; you must have your computer or cell phone on in order to receive Skype calls. The good news is if you subscribe to the voicemail feature you won’t miss the call.

Another obvious disadvantage is because Skype is a voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) provider, your video or audio connection will only be as good as your Internet connectivity. If your connection is slow or intermittent, you might have trouble placing or staying connected to a call.

One great Skype feature is its instant messaging tool, which is perfect for collaboration on documents. For example, if you’re working on a document in the office, you could IM a co-worker to get their input and attach a copy of the document. Starting a dialogue in real-time helps keep teams connected and offices productive.

Skype Business review by Derek S.
Derek S.

"Great communication tool for Scheduling Online Meetings and Collaboration"

What do you like best?

Sharing screens feature which enables efficient cross-collaboration among colleagues.

File sharing is also very seamless and easy to do

Appreciate the integration of Outlook into Lync, where it makes scheduling of meetings very easy

Love the different kinds of emojis available, enhances the use of expressions for communication

purposes

What do you dislike?

Audio may be choppy at times through lync

sometimes screen sharing can be very slow, depending on connection of user

There's a minor glitch in terms of how much text you can copy and paste into Chat Window

From time-to-time, there will always be sign-in issues, where it is constantly asking for my login, where login credentials pop-up window is showing up randomly

Wish there were more emjois to use, such as the "shake my head" emoji"

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the BEST communication/video conferencing tools on the market, great for cross-collaboration and presentations

Great for presentation purposes when audience is located from different countries.

File sharing is very easy as well with no issues majority of the time

Main purpose of this is to Improve the way colleagues communicate with one another, whether that is sharing screens to collaborate, share files seamlessly without requiring emails, or create polls to vote on a particular selection

Skype Business review by Victor F.
Victor F.

"Excellent communication for business environments"

What do you like best?

1.- Variety of ways of communication: IM messages, voice calls and video calls.

2.- Ability to perform desktop presentation (or specific applications) and allow viewers to take control.

3.- The variety of available status for selection allowing other people to identify if you are able to attend calls and meetings or if you are busy or unable to respond (when making a desktop presentation).

4.- Integration with other Microsoft tools, for example Outlook. Allowing scheduling meetings in the Outlook with links to access Skype meeting rooms. If you have the Skype for Business application you can access the meetings without problems, if you do not have it, the option to access via web will be offered, excellent for those users who are not members of the organization and who do not work with this tool.

5.- Excellent way to organize contacts, groups, relationships and status.

6.- Accessible from the PC and smartphone

What do you dislike?

1.- When you work from PC and Smartphone, synchronization problems are generated. In some occasions you can lose messages or calls.

2.- When you present problems of Internet access as intermittent, in some occasions you can be connected to the application but the messages that you receive from other users will not be able to reach you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent tool to optimize the communication of members of an organization, without any doubt, of the best options of the market.

I constantly work with multiple teams based in different countries. I participate in multiple meetings with this application to solve faults associated with services provided by the company to which I provide my services. Among the benefits is the easy organization of meetings and rapid execution of calls, allowing the attention of urgent events can be managed as soon as possible.

Skype Business review by Richard G.
Richard G.

"Skype the best option to communicate."

What do you like best?

I like skype since I can communicate with my colleagues from any place where I am for any reason, I can share images referring to the activity that is developing for the company and ask for opinions by Skype I can also make video conferences with several colleagues at At the same time, I also like skype because I can use it from my computer in the office or on the house screen, even from my cell phone.

What do you dislike?

the truth, I do not dislike anything of Skype, it is a quite complete tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the most of Skype as it is a free application and very easy to use.

On one occasion I was from a remote station far from the office and I needed to validate several information regarding a service with my colleagues who were in the office and I was able to solve all the maneuver through eskype with the help of my colleagues. Obtaining satisfactory answers.

Skype Business review by Virginia P.
Virginia P.

"Perfect way to communicate with the team"

What do you like best?

Some of my favorite features are

1. If I have a question for someone but they are not showing as active in Skype I can set a "Tag for Status Change" so when the become available I can be notified and ask my question at that time without feeling like I'm interrupting them.

2. Other favorite features include that I can choose to record or not record the message exchange.

3. Ability to pin my favorite (or most frequently contacts) at the top

4. Great that I can write a quick note in the "what's happening today" banner. For example, since I work virtually I don't have office mates to say "hey, I'm running out for a quick errand, I'll be back in 90 min" and so I can just use the "What's happening" to tell people when I will be back and if they can reach me on my cell, etc.

5. ability to quickly call someone via the application if the Instant Messaging isn't working

6. Ability to actually cut and paste in charts, images, graphics, etc

There is a mobile option which some of my co-workers have used.

What do you dislike?

I guess in some ways it can be a bit "big brotherish" in that even when I log on from home in the evening, if I have the application open my co-workers will see it. I can override and "appear away" or simply just exit out - so this isn't really a major issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our company, which is a mixture of virtual as well as teams in the same building has increased our ability to communicate.

Being able to quickly talk with team members without having to exchange a bunch of emails.

Being able to see if someone is working or not working.

Being able to call someone via the applicaiton, or start a screen share, etc.

Skype Business review by Harneet S.
Harneet S.

"Skype for Business - Great choice"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Skype for Business, is that it makes it really easy for me to talk to my colleagues and acquaintances I work with that I do not know. It provides a good ID Card system that allows me to see what other colleagues do in the company that I haven't met yet. It provides seamless integration between sending attachments and pictures and emojis for our ease.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Skype for Business is not much since I haven't had many problems with the product, but one thing I do dislike is that it could be more accurate in terms of when people have been signed off etc., or away from their desks as that becomes an issue when I am trying to get in contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I fully recommend this product for people planning to use an internal network for employees to contact one another. The ease it provides to send emails, attachments, messages etc., allows for really effective and efficient work procedures I believe.

Business problems I am solving with this product I think happen to be that it provides ease of access inside the internal network of employees and giving them a platform to do presentations, share desktops with other employees when screen control is required for issues. It provides good quality sound quality that allows for easy to follow through during important meetings. It allows the internal network of employees to see activity levels easily and brightly which helps a lot especially for interns like me who have many day to day questions.

Skype Business review by Josie K.
Josie K.

"Easy communication for in office chats"

What do you like best?

The ease of communicating with employees in the office without having to pick up the phone or draft an email. Communication is quicker when a question needs to be handled immediately. Within our law office we often have various clients coming in at a moments notice and being able to contact another attorney immediately helps the clients experience operate much more smoothly and helps the office appear much more professional.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes if I've locked my computer my profile appears as away or busy and other employees are unable to reach me, which can be frustrating. Various employees have complained that they can never send me messages because I appear unavailable. I'm not quite sure why this happens seeing as how I'm always logged in and set as "Available" unless I've stepped away from my desk or I'm truly out of the office. Something quite puzzling to me about that, but aside from that the system works great and truly helps our office function in a better way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would certainly recommend the database as a way to chat with other individuals that work in the same environment as you. The interface alerts you when someone has sent you a chat and has easy tools to change your visibility settings in terms of who can send you a message when.

Certainly solving the issue that is quickly corresponding with different members of our business. The faster employees can communicate the better our office works. Sometimes questions need to be answered immediately thus the chat based system helps our office work a bit more efficiently. Also, employees seem to be less frustrated in general when questions don't get bogged down in hundreds of emails.

Skype Business review by Darwin F.
Darwin F.

"A collaboration tool, modern and easy to use"

What do you like best?

It is part of the office365 block and allows you to make confessions and share files quickly and easily, very easy to use and integrate people even if they do not have the system, just entering a page can be part of the conversation, this makes it very easy to prepare meetings, Screen sharing allows me to even make remote assistance services to users

What do you dislike?

if you want to change users keeping the same account, it does not synchronize correctly with outllok, you have to do it manually , should synchronize between the applications of the phone and the pc, when I read the messages in one, the other does not show them, the integration with skype is not as easy as they say, you always have to make several orders until you can achieve synchronization, the list of saved addresses is not dynamic, in many cases you have to update it

Recommendations to others considering the product

use different accounts each time a new user arrives,

Business meetings with clients and suppliers, which are around the world, use the application of the phone is very versatile, activate the storage in the cloud of the old emails, remote assistance services to users

Skype Business review by Leidy E.
Leidy E.

"Excellent online communication tool"

What do you like best?

I love that this is an application that allows you to send instant messaging, or a telephone conversation if there is a person available, conferences, meetings where you can add up to 250 people to your meetings online, it keeps a history of conversations and the best is that offers you an enterprise level security, and is integrated in your Office applications. that is to say, it gives you a complete communication which allows you to carry out your work quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

The business skype does not allow me to send or receive files causing this way that you must have other applications to send this information, it is important to unify this. I understand that when this happens it is because the company in its role of administrator blocks this option which I consider should be eliminated from the policies and not allow the company to block this option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If I recommend this application because at the business level it facilitates international communication, it is excellent for work meetings, no matter where you are.

find in this way speeding up the response times to the organization and especially to the client.

The main problem that solves us is the communication because as indicated above allows us to hold a conference with up to 250 people no matter where you are, thus achieving improved response times.

Skype Business review by Angel Alberto G.
Angel Alberto G.

"Excellent tool to establish communication and / or share information"

What do you like best?

Permiet effective communications and you can have several conversations at the same time and even have a video conference and / or transfer of files as well as allowing remote control of the equipment involved

What do you dislike?

The tool tends to hang sometimes which prevents it from closing all conversations and having to open them one by one, or restart the application to be able to use it again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very powerful and versatile tool that is easy to use and has a group of functions that any user within a company requires as a total or partial control of another desk and even share the applications, especially for people who help in support areas, the suso de las vidoes conferences is very recurrent in my company so this is the most used and the best.

It has allowed solving problems with the customers or suppliers almost immediately helping to improve productivity / sales because it allows to establish communication with customers and / or suppliers, allowing a more effective communication and promoting person-to-person communications.

Learning about Skype for Business (formerly Lync)?

* We monitor all Skype for Business (formerly Lync) reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.