Do you work for Skype Business?

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Reviews & Product Details

What is Skype for Business (formerly Lync)?

LyncProfessional meetings and collaboration—all integrated with your Office apps

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Screenshots

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Profile Details

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Profile Details

Microsoft
Description
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.
1975

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Reviews

1-50 of 7740 total Skype Business reviews

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Reviews

1-50 of 7740 total Skype Business reviews
Skype Business review by Pavithra R.
RPA UiPath

""Skype for Business is the very good IM and collaborative Software tool""

What do you like best?

I Like the Skype for Business because it is very user friendly application to use for Client calls, Screen sharing, Instant messaging Meeting view etc..

Allows sharing files

A number of client types are available for Microsoft Lync, including mobile clients.

Offers support for TLS and SRTP to encrypt and secure signaling and media traffic

Polling lists, where Presenters can organize polls and all participants can vote and see results.

Availability of contacts based on Microsoft Outlook contacts stored in a Microsoft Exchange Server

Users can retrieve contact lists from a local directory service such as Microsoft Exchange Server

What do you dislike?

Voice will Become ‘Always On’

Skype for Business migration could mean investing in new hardware in order to take advantage of all the applications available, such as IP telephone handsets and new laptops and tablet devices with built-in webcams, speakers and microphones.

The data used across local area, wide area and mobile networks is increasing rapidly, as bandwidth-hungry applications and content such as high definition video become more prevalent. Skype for Business implementations must consider the impact that features like videoconferencing may have on the network’s performance and the ability to provide mission critical services alongside this.

Skype for Business involves a cultural change in the way users communicate and collaborate. You will be asking staff to change the way they work, so you must give them clear reasoning why they should. It also brings a range of new features and functionality that users are unfamiliar with. It comes down to the old adage ‘what’s in it for me?’ Freedom’s approach to a Skype for Business project ensures every user, no matter what their role, understands the benefits as much as you do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Skype for Business since it is more user friendly software when compare to other tools.

It useful in as we are using to for the internal communication of our organisation.

And also it is helping to have client meetings,Screen sharing etc.

Skype Business review by S. Kyle D.
Global Manager of Marketing Communications
(10,001+ employees)

"Excellent, well-integrated product for all-in Microsoft shops"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business (or whatever they are calling it this week) is well done overall. By itself, it isn't the best UC tool on the market, but, like so many of Microsoft's products, is good enough. The real benefit is the way it integrates with other tools. We have no company phones. Only S4B. It actually works quite well, becuase all of it works together.

What do you dislike?

Skype for Business can sometimes be unreliable, particularly for those outside the organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is definitely a "good enough" product. It satisfies what you want from UC. The cloud-based platform is quite robust and performs very well. I have found the cloud-based version to be superior to server-based versions that I've used at other organizations.

We use S4B to essentially replace our phone system, while also providing integrated chat and video conferencing. I'm not sure why everyone is so keen on the video portion, because actually users rarely use it.

Skype Business review by Sofia L.
Order Management Specialist II
Telecommunications
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Great chat tool for a large organization that can sync up with conference calls setup via outlook"

What do you like best?

This tool is really easy and allows great communication method for our offices. This holds especially satisfactory since we have offices throughout this city and through many other states. We can easily dial into conference meetings setup via Outlook on it and share documents/files.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. I am aware that come 2020 Microsoft will decommission this tool to convert all chat/calls to Microsoft Teams. So I would discourage moving your team to use this tool since it will be obsolete in a year or so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not convert to using this product, it's going away in 2020 per Microsoft. They are moving this entirely to the Microsoft Team tool. So I HIGHLY encourage you just move to Microsoft Team if you need new platform and want to use Microsoft.

We've been using Skype (formerly Lync) for so long I'm unaware what we used for chat solutions before.

Skype Business review by Rebekah S.
Senior Student Finance Counselor

"Student Finance Counselor"

What do you like best?

I like the ease in communicating with fellow co-workers and the ability to group chat. I also like that you can choose to have notifications flash on the screen as a banner or simply flash at the bottom so as not to disrupt when you are speaking with a customer.

What do you dislike?

The most recent update shows all people "offline" unless you are "friends" with them. While that is an easy issue to resolve within my immediate office, I work for a larger company and it is impossible to be "friends" with everyone on campus. This creates an uncertainty as to whether or not the person is actually able to read your message or is even available or at work. This essentially removes the need to have Skype, since instead I pick up the phone to call the co-worker. It creates more hassle than ease and I am not able to work as efficiently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

System lags with most recent updates. Allow people to show available, unavailable, etc without having to be "friends" with them.

We are able to solve students needs more efficiently when we can message various people, or group chat with multiple departments on campus all at one time. This eliminates the need to make multiple phone calls or conference calls and helps complete tasks more efficiently.

Skype Business review by Janice C.
Student Employment Coordinator

"Skype for Business Review"

What do you like best?

What I like best about about Skype for business is that it is a great tool to use at work because you can talk to people in different departments on campus in a fast manner. It is also nice to talk to other coworkers about certain matters because our work set up is an open suite concept and its nice to just message someone if other people are talking in the office. I also like the ease of use, it is very simple to use this product.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that i can't see if a person is online if they do not add me as a contact. That seems like a new feature and I do not like it very much.I also wish that skype for business also did not add my other contacts from my other email or from my phone. I also don't like that sometimes skype sends my conversations to another work email that is attached with my coworkers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product because of its ease of use and the fact that multiple people in an organization can use it no matter where they are located.

I like that I can talk to different departments on campus without having to call them. It is sometimes more convenient to just write them a quick question. It is also nice when I need to talk to someone quickly because it is a fast instant messenger.

Skype Business review by benson k.
Senior Analyst

"Easy Integrated product, mostly simple to use"

What do you like best?

There are not many limitations to this product and its abilities. It is very straightforward and does allow you to add people outside of your internal network so you can collaborate with outside parties. Most people already use it so its easy to connect with others, which also means its not going to be very creative or unique because they dont try hard to set themselves apart.

What do you dislike?

There are limitations on the file sizes and what you can send through messages which other software is capable of doing. GIFs for example dont work within skype, which can be important when you want to break the ice or ease tension. Its also fairly basic and doesnt have any cool features that sets it apart from any other competition.

We use it to communicate both formally and informally. For the most part, it helps to use to discuss issues in detail since an email would require back and forth conversations. You can also use it to setup calls and video conferencing which can help if you like being 'face to face' when meeting with others or if you have satellite offices.

Skype Business review by Sarah S.
Development Engineer, Process Controls & Instrumentation Group

"Honeywell UOP Skype for Business Review "

What do you like best?

Skype for Business integrates well with Microsoft Outlook, allowing email contacts to be imported to Skype contacts and vice versa. The interface is simple, and allows for a chat to go from a video call instantly. Useful for both one on one conversations, and broadcasting to over 40 people on an online audience.

What do you dislike?

Skype recording can be a hassle. I have run training seminars at work that we record to evaluate the content for future presentations. The audio is often difficult to set up, and has significantly delayed presentations. Sometimes it is difficult for online presenters to see a shared screen. Either audio or visual issues impair a meeting from starting on time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If setting up larger in person and online meetings, give yourself at least 30min before the meeting start time to get all of the technology configured. Make use of your local IT in your company if needed. For most day to day uses of Skype, basic functions are intuitive.

I can speak across companies if they have Skype for Business, such as Honeywell Aerospace or GE. This allows for inter-company collaboration. Recording sessions is very useful, and having chats synced up to email contacts is great, I like that Outlook records any missed Skype messages.

Skype Business review by Malkeet Singh C.
Sr. Technical Recruiter

"Skype - Pocket Friendly application to connect People"

What do you like best?

Skype is great for conference calls with large groups. It does well with sharing presentations. Video communication with Skype is very easy and clear .It is an Excellent application for remote meetings. it is of great use in recruitment Industry as it helps in quick screening of the candidates . Skype does well with sharing presentations.

What do you dislike?

Many a times it becomes very difficult to hear person on other end . Quality of Skype needs to be improved. They need to make it easy to copy/paste images/gifs/videos in chats. The image paste that exists now is bad. Sometimes you are kicked out from meetings, without any notice or apparent reason. When sharing your desktop screen, there is lag. I would like to see a smoother quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Skype to other users in recruiting Industry

It helps in good screening of the candidates

Skype is great and easy app to set up group chats. It has thus helped me to connect with clients and candidates which is of great help in recruitment industry

Skype Business review by zuber k.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Outsourcing/Offshoring

""Skype is the best for Video & Audio calls""

What do you like best?

It is very easy to communicate with the candidates and our friends. I can directly make Audio & video calls anywhere in the world just need to take the Skype Id. Skype for business solve great purpose of mine. We can attach documents resumes through Skype as well. I love this software because it can be accessible from desktop, laptop or from the cellphone as well.

What do you dislike?

There are not much dislikes but sometimes it stuck a lot. The system gets hung up so that is a challenge, otherwise in all it is very good software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is an outstanding tools for Audio & Video calls. You can easily check whether the person is online or offline. Staffing & Recruiting with Skype is a great help. I love Skype because we can easily connect with people around the globe in fraction of seconds.

We update our daily attendance, daily requirements and daily breaks on the Skype. I call the candidates for taking any Interview on an specific skill before sending it to the client. I can easily make any Skype group categorizing on the requirement we are working. I can be in touch with the candidates regarding their Interviews schedule

Skype Business review by srihari g.
Associate Consultant | RPA Developer

"Skype Review"

What do you like best?

It's very friendly and business purpose Application. We can share screen. And we can record the session. And we can also give the controls to other persons easily.To interact with clients where we understand the business process successfully. Because the clients in on site and developers in off-site.

What do you dislike?

Some times server issue problem is coming. And when sending the large files it is very difficult. Bandwidth is little bit high. So internet speed is mandatory to use Skype for Business. The mobile application is fine but some times the connectivity issue with the Server is problem. And when you are connecting with mobile I am unable to see the screen from shared user. So please improve the quality of mobile application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very use full to use skype. We can call moderatelly to talk with all the team members and client together on voice call and Video Conferance call. We can able to record the video and it saved in the default location called lync.

To interact with clients where we understand the business process successfully. Because the clients in on site and developers in off-site. We directly interact with clients anytime. So it is very good to continue the communication gap between developers and high authority's. So the main Advantage of the process is to be share the screen and slides with the clients when presenting to the clients. So I will prefer skype for business.

Skype Business review by Justin D.
EDI Specialist

"Great tool for company communications"

What do you like best?

It is simple, easy to use, and integrates with our Office365 environment seamlessly. We use an on site AD and actively sync with Azure AD. All company employees, titles, locations, etc show up in Skype For Business without us needing to do much else than assign a license.

What do you dislike?

Some bugs sometimes with presence unknown status, but those are few and far between and likely due to errors on our side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy solution that integrates with your active windows environment.

Work collaboration that is quick and goes beyond email. Often times we don't want to type out and send a lengthy email for a quick solution, nor do we want to make a phone call as we might be in the middle of something else. Having a solution like Skype For Business gives us another option to circumvent these issues and keep workflow going as quickly as it needs to be.

Skype Business review by Jonathan E.
Financial Controller
Accounting
(5001-10,000 employees)

"I am a fan of the switch to Skype for Business."

What do you like best?

The integration with my other Microsoft apps is key. Using Outlook and Teams regularly, it is very important that Skype is able to integrate with these. I have been pleased with the functionality.

What do you dislike?

I can not get the "Call me" feature to work. When on a meeting, if I want to add someone who is external from the company I have had a hard time. I end up having to send an invite via email, rather than be able to just add someone right from the meeting hub.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Training company wide on the features and benefits, otherwise some advantages may not be utilized fully by employees.

Working in a team across the globe. I work in a global environment, with regular meetings with people all over the US, in Germany, Sweden etc. A great meeting software is required for my job, and Skype solves most of what I need for efficient and effective meetings.

Skype Business review by Joani W.
Executive Assistant

"Skype Me"

What do you like best?

The ease of communicating with colleagues is very easy with Skype for Business. I can see if the person is available, teleworking, busy, etc. I can also make calls directly from Skype for Business. Big help.

What do you dislike?

Not the fault of Skype for business, but of course when someone is offline I can't communicate via Skype. It slows down the process. Also, the product is only as good as the person using it. If someone is teleworking, but they don't indicate the availability, the tool isn't as effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is an amazing tool for making quick connections with colleagues. You can see if the person is online, whether they are teleworking, on a call, away from their office - but will be right back, in a meeting, off work, etc. This is an amazing help.

The immediate problem thats solved is immediate contact with a colleague. If someone is needed immediately, or if a meeting needs to be pushed back, Skype for business is a definite asset. The benefit is that I could send an email but it might not be seen for a while. With Skype, if the person is at thier desk, they see my message immediately

Skype Business review by Hari H.
Assistant System Engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"Skype For Business User Ex"

What do you like best?

In Skype I like the most how fast it works. Most importantly It was integrated with out look it makes easier for person to schedule a meeting bases upon his/her free time. It allows you to send GIFS, pictures and videos just in case things are getting too stale in the office. I also like that at the end of the day or on a monthly bases it can send you a recap of the conversations you've had at the end of the day. The sending and receiving of documents such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and PDF's.

What do you dislike?

Even the network speed is good sometimes it will allow to share the screen and offline to online transition takes Tech support at Microsoft is not that great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

no recommendations

Skype is helpful to understand people are available, busy or not available . Skype is doing great job in setting meetings and sharing any type of content. It can Share photos, messages, emoticons and stickers in real-time. Whether we are planning our next big task with the whole group or just catching up with our family. We can Use our screen sharing feature with anyone else on Skype and collaborate on projects, plans, and more. With group screen sharing feature, me and my audience, can view my screen during a live conference call, making it easy to show off my great ideas and my presentation skills.

Skype Business review by Wilfred P.
Team Lead

"Skype for Business: A Corporate Communication"

What do you like best?

For the last 7 years with Microsoft, we've been using Lync, Skype for Business now, as our primary means of online communication. I can mention a lot things that I like with Skype for Business but let me just focus on the important things that would benefit not just the individual user but also the whole team. First is its notification features. Skype for Business has 3 notification alert; sound, pop up message, and a color status. This is to make sure that no messages would be missed. Second thing that i liked about. Skype for Business is its capability to setup a conference call thru Outlook. And the last thing that I like is its video presentation capability. As a presenter, you will have the option to flash your desktop screen to everyone who’s included on the conference call. This is very useful for me since I do a lot of demos when it comes to technical troubleshooting on a Windows operating system.

What do you dislike?

To be honest there's nothing that I dislike about Skype for Business. Though it could need more added features which I know Microsoft is going to do since Microsoft really knows how to listen to its consumer's voice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Lync or Skype for Business especially if you are a company that has people all over different places. The program is also very useful when it comes to Skype meetings and presentation. Imagine being able to host presentation where your audiences are in different place.

Communication is very important in an account that is situated in different cities and regions. E-mail communication does have some downside on it especially on the response time of the recipient. In Lync or Skype for Business, users would be able to notice right away if there's a private message that you need to read and respond to.

Skype Business review by Kugan K.
Administrative Assistant
Consumer Services

"Connecting business people"

What do you like best?

It is make the employees network ease. The officials can easily discuss and make their decision without leaving their desk even they are anywhere in the World. It is save the time and money. Further we able to communicate with other sub ordinates and high rank officials as per their convenient time. Because, there is an option to denote the status of their busy schedule.

What do you dislike?

It is almost is fine with me. Even though, as per my knowledge, better make the video conference for more than a person. Because, when we do the Webinars, we could not find that, whether all participants are available or not. It will be a small problem in this platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you wish to make save money and the time to take quick decision and the correct decision, you can reliable on Skype for Business. And you may living anywhere and anytime zone, you able to contact for business related topics with your cub ordinates or your superiors, you can able to do it. Almost it is a great software for running the business without any doubt.

It is a time saving software and also money saving software. And after it introduce, we able to reduce overseas cost. Because, our company is a multinational company, we are finishing most of the training programs via Skype for Business. And it is able to make quick and accurate decision without wasting time and the money.

Skype Business review by Alfredo C.
Executive Assistant/Market Manager

"Best Instant Communication for Business"

What do you like best?

I really like Skype because of how fast it works. I like that it integrates very well with sending and receiving documents such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and PDF's. I like that you can be sometimes silly and it allows you to send GIFS, pictures and videos just in case things are getting too stale in the office. I also like that at the end of the day or on a monthly bases it can send you a recap of the conversations you've had at the end of the day.

What do you dislike?

I dont like the fact that you cannot use Skype for business unless you purchase Office 365 for business or PRO or a subscription. I also dont like that you need a company email in order to use Skype for Business since some people may be self-employed and they use their personal email such as Gmail or Free Outlook as their one and only email address. Lastly, I don't the lack of customization that skype for business has in comparison to regular consumer Skype. They both have something they are good at and something they both lack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's as good as being able to text or email but with faster results. I recommend this method of communication overwriting an email every single time and even for just sending documents it becomes easy.

We are primarily using Skype for business to communicate with Clients and office staff. We also use it to share documents instead of writing an email every single time.

Skype Business review by Suraj P.
Software engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"Skype for Business review"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, it is reliable and very responsive. Skype for Business is perfect application for businesses. It sound amazing, look great. It is also veery easy to setup. It gives free voice and video calls on Skype and some of the many features to help you stay connected with the people we care about. It give ability to hue that fits us best to make your Skype experience your own. Bring our conversations to life by reacting to any message and expressing yourself with GIFs, stickers, and Mojis. We can go from emailing and chatting to making video and voice calls, right from our inbox. All we need is the handy Skype plugin.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes offline to online transition takesTech support at Microsoft is not that great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is doing a great job

Skype Business review by Kristen W.
Technology Consultant
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Skype for business is really good"

What do you like best?

Skype for business is one of the best company communication tools I have used. I have previously used outlook, google hangouts, Cisco connect and out of all of these Skype remains my favourite. The title says formerly lync, however my client still uses lync and it is gets the job done but is not as user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes the audio and visual does not work properly on the mobile app. The chat also does not work properly on the mobile app. Even though the desktop application works perfectly the fact that the mobile version does not work almost to the point it is not functional really takes away from the Skype for business experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider factors like price, how many people will be using it, as well as what the primary purpose for it is. Sometimes other cheaper options will suffice but Skype is headed in the right direction in terms of helping companies eliminate physical phones and reduce costs in that way. Also there is free calling between Skype lines so it is great for cost reduction.

Skype solves the problem of company wide communication and external communications. We use it for video conferencing or audio conferencing with external parties. It solves the problem of eliminating the need for desktop phones, which are pretty obsolete. Instead everyone has their own line and phone on their computer/ laptop.

Skype Business review by Raolis M.
passionate about technology

"Good tool"

What do you like best?

All your communications through Skype for Business, especially mobile, are safe. Skype for Business has the advantage of offering a variety of technologies and services to maintain secure owner data.

Enterprise Voice users can call co-workers in their VoIP or organizational PBX network, and they can also call any phone number even if it's outside their organization.

El contenido se puede compartir fácilmente en cualquier reunión o conversación. Cuando se ve el contenido compartido, usted puede tener el control de cómo se visualiza en la ventana tu reunión. Si alguien más tiene cargado y empezado a compartir una presentación de PowerPoint, puede avanzar o retroceder para ver las diapositivas de forma privada, o tomar el control de la presentación.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it suffers disconnection problems and then it does not start automatically.

Video errors when making video calls and trying to get in touch with Microsoft

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this tool because it greatly facilitates the method of making meetings without having to be in person in a site, in addition to the function of sharing documents, which makes it easier to make a meeting more real and show progress with respect to a product without needing of being in front of a projector

In the company currently has this product and is very useful when making video calls and group conferences and its easy integration with office applications helps to be more proactive with the management of documents

Skype Business review by Adriana R.
Analista de Servicio al Cliente

"To call and communicate in the office"

What do you like best?

This Skype application is one of the best things that exist to communicate, it allows you to make calls, video calls, messaging and others.

The option to send your screen to another contact is fabulous. With Skype we can schedule meetings without problems and the connection works perfectly. It offers very good image and sound.

The access to the application from the smartphone is very useful and great because many times one is not at the desk to answer a call. Skype for companies has significantly improved the old business telephone networks.

What do you dislike?

I still have not got something to disguise the truth about this tool, I guess the price is not so attractive but really for all it offers is considerably fair.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trust Skype fully for your business network, everything is great and also very safe. The stability offered by Microsoft is complete and the connection never falls. I recommend completely for any type of company, whether small, medium or large.

Another recommendation would be to review the packages offered in detail to choose the one that best suits your budg

The facility to communicate with all team members with this software is the greatest benefit that is obtained. Scheduling meetings is also very useful for the company because videoconferencing can be done quickly and without problems. Absolutely great all the flexibility it offers and the ease of use for new users not used to Skype.

Skype Business review by Simone A.
Senior Project Manager & Operations Advisor

"An average video chat platform with some integration with other Microsoft Products"

What do you like best?

Integration with Microsoft Outlook and Active Directory. It's easy to find colleagues and organize meetings with them.

What do you dislike?

Almost everything else. User interface is a little bit old style, features are the same as Skype core features.

So it appears as a downsized, downgraded clone of Skype. The only good feature is the the meetings invitation through Outlook: a Skype for Business link is sent with the invitation email, so participants can join easily. There is also a web client so external participants don't have to install the client software, which could be a little bit tricky expecially for users that are not administrators of their computers.

However, in my experience, meeting that involve people outside the organization can't be accessed unless you use the web version (which is a mere duplicate of the client version - so why maintain both?)

Conclusions:

There are many many free alternatives to do the same thing, such as appear.in, Cisco WebEx, join.me, Google Hangouts... and the classic Skype of course!

Skype for Business seems not to have anything special to offer, but it comes together with the Office 365 Suite, so why not give it a try if your company already own it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It comes with Microsoft Office 365 suite. So, if in your organization you use Outlook, Word, OneDrive, etc. it's a simple, out of the box, solution to company video meetings.

In other cases, there are many products that do the same thing.

Easily organize video meetings with colleagues and clients.

Skype Business review by Akhil G.
Data Science Analyst
Financial Services
(10,001+ employees)

"Skype for Business gets your work done"

What do you like best?

You can make calls, share screens and get on group calls without facing any issues. Additionally, you can chat and get your issues resolved

What do you dislike?

Have some features missing for the mac. For example, you can not record sessions, also I get problems with the headphones. Also, some times it does not load easily and you have to log in multiple times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great product if you are on a windows system. Not so much for Mac users though. You can easily communicate with your colleagues, share your files , have audio conversations, video conference, record sessions, screen sharing, etc. Definitely faster than outlook and sitting there expecting replies when you can instantly get replies.

Conference calls, reaching out for help has not been easier. There are more tools like this in market and they are doing good, but skype has perfect integration with your web and phone which is the best feature for me.

Skype Business review by Madison G.
CS Escalations Specialist

"Great Software Overall"

What do you like best?

As someone who personally uses Skype for business and personal communication purposes, Skype For Business is honestly just as good as personal skype, if not better! Having the ability to contact other Schlumberger employees all over the world with ease is a blessing to getting information faster and getting tasks done quicker.

What do you dislike?

I wish it would save records of all my conversations, but sometimes it absolutely struggles with that, in part or in whole. It's not like outlook where it constantly saves drafts/messages, it throws out about 15% of them. I also wish that it had similar features to Slack in terms of ease of group chatting. That I'd enjoy a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product over most others. However, if you're looking for large group chats, Slack is definitely preferable.

I use Skype for business to contact people who need to approve invoices for our customers.

Skype Business review by irene N.
Adminstration

"Easy Communication"

What do you like best?

Skype for business has helped us to schedule meetings,calls at the convenience of everyone's comfort.One doesn't have to be there physically since one can video call from anywhere.

Skype for business has an easy way to share information since one can share their screen.

The programs are easy to use. One is able to answer calls from the computer while away from the desk.

Voice to text captures phone numbers for future referencing.

What do you dislike?

Other than having good network readily available at any time, Skype for business has not given me a reason not to like it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype to business is easy to set up, easy to use, saves time and effort and contacts easily.

Skype for business has helped our company in effective communication among ourselves and our collaborators. It has made our work easy. Face to face communication through Video conferencing has helped both internally and externally hence becoming easy and understandable.

Skype Business review by Amol T.
Analyst

"SKYPE for business : Awesome corporate level communication tool."

What do you like best?

What I like most in this tool is its simplicity and easy to understand & operate functionality. It has some great features like file sharing, scheduling meetings, video conferencing & chat of course. It unites the recognizable experience and client love of Skype with the undertaking security, consistency, and control from Lync. Skype for Business gives you a chance to interface with colleagues in your organization or around the globe. Begin discussions with IM, voice, or video calls. See when your contacts are accessible on the web, in a gathering, or displaying.

What do you dislike?

The tool is able to satisfy most of the need but then always there be some scope of improvements. It has limited space for file share (up to certain MB's). Also, the sharing speed is a bit slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to others for regular use. One can make most of it as it has easy to use and understand functionality.

The tool is a proven asset for corporate level communication as well as data/file sharing to either colleagues or clients. It helps in running the day to day business communications smoothly with high impact.

Skype Business review by Jenifa S.
Enrollment Advisor
Education Management

"Low consumption Sky called Skype"

What do you like best?

Best thing is , one can get Mobile accessibility with basic and additional features to share files and calls

Consumes less data over voice or video call across the globe with our customers.Can find my customer with the location and Email address linked with the Skype contact. Notifications will be pop-up for the reactions made to our communications.

What do you dislike?

At times Audio settings will be disabled , which will mesh up with our usual work

Skype is lagging due to Server & Network problem

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Skype because of its Less consumption of data with high quality support & Features with Chat , share files , Video and audio calls.

Low Cost, Flexibility

>Audio and Video call Internally and externally with our colleagues and our customers.

>Conference calls which ease our work with Managers.

>Chats and sharing Educational study materials with our students.

>Track of your expenditures,Broadcast online to a large audience.

Skype Business review by Courtney C.
Staff Writer, TheBoot.com
Public Relations and Communications

"Instant Messaging at Work"

What do you like best?

I use our Skype for Business account to instant message my colleagues and see what phone calls I have missed. Not having to walk down the hall every time I have a simple questions is great, I just open my Skype account and type away. It is also handy if I have someone in my office and we need a question answered quickly by someone else in the office. We don't have to wait for an email back and forth.

Our version of Skype for Business also logs our phone calls. I like that I have a digital log of who called my desk phone when I am away. It is great for after lunch and makes it so that I don't have to check my phone to see what I missed.

Notification sounds are easy to notice and recognize without being annoying or unprofessional.

What do you dislike?

Skype for Business serves the purpose that I need it to, no complaints or issues! Pretty user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good option for offices that need an instant message system.

I really like the ease of use that comes along with Skype for Business, it is a great tool when I am trying to get things done fast and don't have time to track people down. It also simplifies checking my call log.

Skype Business review by Mary H.
Senior Administrative Assistant
Higher Education

"Center use "

What do you like best?

One of the faculty members I work with has a federally funded center in which he works with others from across the nation. Skype allows him to have business meetings, brainstorming sessions or even to share theories with his constituents in a more personal way than just a phone call or an email. Being able to see the people you are collaborating with I believe aids in the thought process when trying to bounce ideas off of one another.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is an issue with the sound and video lagging and not necessarily syncing. Also the quality of the video could be improved but it works well enough to have a good meeting. Lastly, there have been instances where calls have been dropped and some members of the team will get disconnected and miss out on important conversations before it is realized they are no longer there.

One of the studies the center is working on is up north while we are located down south, but instead of the center director having to make what could be bi-weekly or monthly trips to the study area, he is able to communicate with the schools we are working with through skype and save the center a lot in travel and lodging expenses.

Skype Business review by Germán R.
Coordinador de Informática

" Skype is Communication"

What do you like best?

The best of Skype for business is, although it is true that today there are many tools to establish communications via the Internet, Skype for business facilitates the same in corporate environments, thanks to its integration with the office suite and the diversity of forms of communication , either by app, by browser, by the client installed on the computer, likewise it is remarkable, at least in our experience, the ease of creating meetings online and the quality of video and sound according to the possibilities of the hardware and connections of the participants. We are quite satisfied with the possibilities that Skype has given us for business

What do you dislike?

The drawbacks we have had with Skype for business and therefore are elements to consider in our experience, is that we have sometimes had difficulties to collect contacts outside the Skype network for business, ie commercial Skype users, Similarly the client sometimes, for some reason in our environment the facilities have lasted a lot of time despite being a fairly simple installation and being the customer quite light, another inconvenience that has been presented to us, is that it is quite sensitive as far as to the operating system updates, if there is any skype update for business that does not have the equipment, it does not open and does not indicate the reason for it, it would be convenient for the client to identify the fault and indicate what the problem is

Recommendations to others considering the product

As for our experience, I recommend it, it has been an excellent solution for managing meetings and online communications, it is easy to use, has a good integration with outlook and has the versatility of being able to use it from different forms, via apps, browser, and is multiplatform

The main problem that Skype has solved for business in our company, is the ease and availability in terms of communication that has given us the same, with the workforce outside our main location, as well as with the members of the board outside the country and with our main General Electric provider, the possibility of creating and managing multidisciplinary meetings, via online with diverse people worldwide, to coordinate and manage projects has been a very important solution for our company

Skype Business review by Nick L.
Web administrator

"Great product - but only as good as the network you are hosting on."

What do you like best?

I cannot fault the core functionality of this product. As a person that spends a good time on conference calls with both internal and external parties I am using a number of similar platforms and this one does seem to be the most stable and intuitive that I have worked with.

What do you dislike?

I think that they have covered the simple needs quite well in their UI but, given it is an Enterprise business tool, they should open it up more to be made more user specific.

i.e let the account holder modify those buttons that they would use on a more regular basis on the dashboard (maybe they don;t use webcam but they do share screen more and therefore need to record it - allow for these icons to be selected).

Other than that, for general comms I cannot fault it. However, as my title alludes to, the product is only as good as the network you are going to be hosting it on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one for your IT team to spearhead. As a business user of MS O365 it makes sense to look at the whole package.

Face to face comms both internally and externally is easy to cover and the core UI is easy to understand.

Skype Business review by Christopher C.
software engineer

"Effective communication at work"

What do you like best?

Of the things that I like most about this application Skype for Business (formerly Lync) is the fact that I can share information quickly with all the employees of my company.

So also thanks to this application we have been able to streamline enough processes since we can all handle the same information, communicating through Skype for Business (formerly Lync).

A part that helps us to schedule meetings, calls, video flames among many more features offered by this application

What do you dislike?

Of the things that I do not like I can say that it is the way in which the application Skype for Business (formerly Lync) is presented

to the users, that is to say: the colors, the fonts and some characteristics or designs that the truth is a bit old.

In addition, sometimes you can not send large files through it, so sometimes we must add a third application to ensure good service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this application to all companies that like to increase the good communication among their collaborators since this point is very important in large and small companies.

As for the solutions provided thanks to this application, I can say that one of the main ones is the fact that we can have and carry out an effective communication among the collaborators making our work easier and easier to do.

Skype Business review by Andrea S.
HR Generalist

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The program is very easy to use. Our phone systems use thy Skype VOIP and we love it. I have the ability to answer phone calls from my computer when I am away from my desk or working from home. The call quality is very clear- better than with a landline! The voice to text voicemail feature is really nice. The translation is not always correct but provides a good summary. The voice to text also captures phone numbers for easy reference in the future!

What do you dislike?

There is a delay when calling in to check my voicemails but other than that minor inconvenience I have been very pleased. There are very few drawbacks to using Skype for Business. The hardest part is learning to work the actual phone itself! :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

In today's fast-paced world it's nice to be able to cut the cord and still get work done. Having the mobile, work anywhere capability is amazingly freeing. You can work no your terms.

We love not being tied to a desk. My laptop and earbuds can become my phone when the need arises.

Skype Business review by Celeste B.
Documentation Manager

"Recommending Skype for Business"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business has been a convenient way to quickly contact my colleagues anytime. I can easily use Skype for Business on my computer or my mobile phone. I like using this software on my mobile phone because I can use it anywhere without having a microphone or camera to have to turn on.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a negative opinion on this software at this time. It has been very satisfying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am recommending Skype for Business for all businesses that have the need to be able to contact your other colleagues at any time. Skype for Business lets you know their availability, either they are available, or on a call, or on vacation, or out of the office, etc. Knowing their availability can really save time and effort on your part and everyone else you work with.

Not having to have my camera and microphone always hooked up to my computer has been a convenience for me since these accessories are not always available. Being able to know whom is available at any time has saved me time and effort. Knowing that I can contact our IT Department when needed is a great comfort.