Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Skype for Business (formerly Lync)

(6,858 reviews)

LyncProfessional meetings and collaboration—all integrated with your Office apps

Work for Skype for Business (formerly Lync)?

Learning about Skype Business?

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Reviews

Showing 7,031 Skype Business reviews
Skype Business review by Courtney C.
Courtney C.

"Instant Messaging at Work"

What do you like best?

I use our Skype for Business account to instant message my colleagues and see what phone calls I have missed. Not having to walk down the hall every time I have a simple questions is great, I just open my Skype account and type away. It is also handy if I have someone in my office and we need a question answered quickly by someone else in the office. We don't have to wait for an email back and forth.

Our version of Skype for Business also logs our phone calls. I like that I have a digital log of who called my desk phone when I am away. It is great for after lunch and makes it so that I don't have to check my phone to see what I missed.

Notification sounds are easy to notice and recognize without being annoying or unprofessional.

What do you dislike?

Skype for Business serves the purpose that I need it to, no complaints or issues! Pretty user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good option for offices that need an instant message system.

I really like the ease of use that comes along with Skype for Business, it is a great tool when I am trying to get things done fast and don't have time to track people down. It also simplifies checking my call log.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Skype for Business (formerly Lync)
Skype Business review by Mary H.
Mary H.

"Center use "

What do you like best?

One of the faculty members I work with has a federally funded center in which he works with others from across the nation. Skype allows him to have business meetings, brainstorming sessions or even to share theories with his constituents in a more personal way than just a phone call or an email. Being able to see the people you are collaborating with I believe aids in the thought process when trying to bounce ideas off of one another.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is an issue with the sound and video lagging and not necessarily syncing. Also the quality of the video could be improved but it works well enough to have a good meeting. Lastly, there have been instances where calls have been dropped and some members of the team will get disconnected and miss out on important conversations before it is realized they are no longer there.

One of the studies the center is working on is up north while we are located down south, but instead of the center director having to make what could be bi-weekly or monthly trips to the study area, he is able to communicate with the schools we are working with through skype and save the center a lot in travel and lodging expenses.

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Skype Business review by Germán R.
Germán R.

" Skype is Communication"

What do you like best?

The best of Skype for business is, although it is true that today there are many tools to establish communications via the Internet, Skype for business facilitates the same in corporate environments, thanks to its integration with the office suite and the diversity of forms of communication , either by app, by browser, by the client installed on the computer, likewise it is remarkable, at least in our experience, the ease of creating meetings online and the quality of video and sound according to the possibilities of the hardware and connections of the participants. We are quite satisfied with the possibilities that Skype has given us for business

What do you dislike?

The drawbacks we have had with Skype for business and therefore are elements to consider in our experience, is that we have sometimes had difficulties to collect contacts outside the Skype network for business, ie commercial Skype users, Similarly the client sometimes, for some reason in our environment the facilities have lasted a lot of time despite being a fairly simple installation and being the customer quite light, another inconvenience that has been presented to us, is that it is quite sensitive as far as to the operating system updates, if there is any skype update for business that does not have the equipment, it does not open and does not indicate the reason for it, it would be convenient for the client to identify the fault and indicate what the problem is

Recommendations to others considering the product

As for our experience, I recommend it, it has been an excellent solution for managing meetings and online communications, it is easy to use, has a good integration with outlook and has the versatility of being able to use it from different forms, via apps, browser, and is multiplatform

The main problem that Skype has solved for business in our company, is the ease and availability in terms of communication that has given us the same, with the workforce outside our main location, as well as with the members of the board outside the country and with our main General Electric provider, the possibility of creating and managing multidisciplinary meetings, via online with diverse people worldwide, to coordinate and manage projects has been a very important solution for our company

Skype Business review by Nick L.
Nick L.

"Great product - but only as good as the network you are hosting on."

What do you like best?

I cannot fault the core functionality of this product. As a person that spends a good time on conference calls with both internal and external parties I am using a number of similar platforms and this one does seem to be the most stable and intuitive that I have worked with.

What do you dislike?

I think that they have covered the simple needs quite well in their UI but, given it is an Enterprise business tool, they should open it up more to be made more user specific.

i.e let the account holder modify those buttons that they would use on a more regular basis on the dashboard (maybe they don;t use webcam but they do share screen more and therefore need to record it - allow for these icons to be selected).

Other than that, for general comms I cannot fault it. However, as my title alludes to, the product is only as good as the network you are going to be hosting it on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one for your IT team to spearhead. As a business user of MS O365 it makes sense to look at the whole package.

Face to face comms both internally and externally is easy to cover and the core UI is easy to understand.

Skype Business review by Christopher C.
Christopher C.

"Effective communication at work"

What do you like best?

Of the things that I like most about this application Skype for Business (formerly Lync) is the fact that I can share information quickly with all the employees of my company.

So also thanks to this application we have been able to streamline enough processes since we can all handle the same information, communicating through Skype for Business (formerly Lync).

A part that helps us to schedule meetings, calls, video flames among many more features offered by this application

What do you dislike?

Of the things that I do not like I can say that it is the way in which the application Skype for Business (formerly Lync) is presented

to the users, that is to say: the colors, the fonts and some characteristics or designs that the truth is a bit old.

In addition, sometimes you can not send large files through it, so sometimes we must add a third application to ensure good service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this application to all companies that like to increase the good communication among their collaborators since this point is very important in large and small companies.

As for the solutions provided thanks to this application, I can say that one of the main ones is the fact that we can have and carry out an effective communication among the collaborators making our work easier and easier to do.

Skype Business review by Andrea S.
Andrea S.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The program is very easy to use. Our phone systems use thy Skype VOIP and we love it. I have the ability to answer phone calls from my computer when I am away from my desk or working from home. The call quality is very clear- better than with a landline! The voice to text voicemail feature is really nice. The translation is not always correct but provides a good summary. The voice to text also captures phone numbers for easy reference in the future!

What do you dislike?

There is a delay when calling in to check my voicemails but other than that minor inconvenience I have been very pleased. There are very few drawbacks to using Skype for Business. The hardest part is learning to work the actual phone itself! :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

In today's fast-paced world it's nice to be able to cut the cord and still get work done. Having the mobile, work anywhere capability is amazingly freeing. You can work no your terms.

We love not being tied to a desk. My laptop and earbuds can become my phone when the need arises.

Skype Business review by Celeste B.
Celeste B.

"Recommending Skype for Business"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business has been a convenient way to quickly contact my colleagues anytime. I can easily use Skype for Business on my computer or my mobile phone. I like using this software on my mobile phone because I can use it anywhere without having a microphone or camera to have to turn on.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a negative opinion on this software at this time. It has been very satisfying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am recommending Skype for Business for all businesses that have the need to be able to contact your other colleagues at any time. Skype for Business lets you know their availability, either they are available, or on a call, or on vacation, or out of the office, etc. Knowing their availability can really save time and effort on your part and everyone else you work with.

Not having to have my camera and microphone always hooked up to my computer has been a convenience for me since these accessories are not always available. Being able to know whom is available at any time has saved me time and effort. Knowing that I can contact our IT Department when needed is a great comfort.

Skype Business review by Elise B.
Elise B.

"Skype as an amazing office tool"

What do you like best?

I LOVE using this product for the office. I'd only used Skype for personal reasons prior to this job, and was amazed by all of the features that I'd never used. Video conferencing is so simple and barely has any lag. The easy muting feature helps keep conference calls smooth and without interruptions. Skype is essential for us to stay in communication with clients and remote staff and so far has not failed me in any case.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of many things I dislike about Skype, honestly. It has not failed me yet and have super user-friendly features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering a simple, cost effective tool for staying in contact with your remote staff and simply streamlining communication within your company -- this tool is amazing! Don't let it's reputation as a social communication tool prevent you from entertaining it as a business tool.

Really, really helps with remote staff. I don't think having as many remote staff as we have would be possible without Skype. The amount of clear, in-time conversations we are able to have using chat as well as video calling is awesome.

Skype Business review by Drew B.
Drew B.

"Easy To Use, Few Functions"

What do you like best?

The ability to have company contacts at your fingertips is a large positive. With being such a large company, we have employees all over the country and this makes it easy to have everyone connected on one platform. There are many features that help with this - the ability to have someone connect via chat, video, or even screen share makes this product a must have for companies looking to ensure that their teams throughout the country are connected.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features, mainly the sound on video calls, is not easy to manage. These features do not include intuitive design on how to solve simple issues like no audio during a video call. I would like to see something that more strongly points out where these types of system settings are located. Something as simple as a clearly defined systems button would go a long ways towards solving this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype for Business is a very quality resource when looking for a way to communication between employees. Be sure to check all the features to make sure it works for all employees and that there won't be issues that come up later.

Solving the business problem of location. With today's workforce, you have members of the teams all over the country. Skype for Business makes it easy to connect with those working remotely. Specifically, the ability to share screens with those who cannot attend meetings in-person presents a solution to the problem with having such a high number of remote workers.

Skype Business review by 타샤 렌 .
타샤 렌 .

"Mainly for business but sometimes for just chatting"

What do you like best?

You can reach a person instantly and know whether or not they are online before sending your message. It can also deter people from disturbing you when the red Busy is shown.

What do you dislike?

If the red Busy is showing, people will still send you a message. There are times when you can be doing a presentation and/or are in a meeting and the window will pop up for all to see a message from another within in the office. If the message is personal it could cause problems or prove to be embarrassing depending on the subject of the message. I wish there was a way that if you are shown as busy that the app would stop the message from showing and/or give a warning to the sender that the user they are messaging is shown as busy and to refrain from sending a message if it is not business related.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool to have in office for quick communications over traditional email outlets.

The only benefit I see is a quicker way in determining if a person is available for a question you may have.

Skype Business review by Harleigh  L.
Harleigh L.

"Skype for Business"

What do you like best?

I like how Skype allows employees to interact without the effort of having to type a full email which can be distracting. It is also great when on the telephone to customers / prospects to be able to message a member of the team quickly to gain a response. Another benefit is also to see if people are in office or away from their desk or on the phone to be able to contact them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the chat pops up at the side as this can be distracting when working and also if you are splitting the screen throughout meetings and conferences.It can freeze quite a bit depending on how many conversations are running at one time but this does not happen often. I cannot think of any other negatives about this software product as my time as a user has been very successful in communicating effectively with employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this product

We are solving the problem of being efficient in our response and to have the most relevant information available to our customes / prospects and fellow employees. It allows us to effectively communicate without having to formally write emails and distract employees from their work.Video conferencing is another additional benefit of Skype for Business as it gives employees the ability to face to face conference locally with ease. It can be stored in your tool bar and when I log in each morning it automatically signs me in.

Skype Business review by Jorge S.
Jorge S.

"Superb video and audio quality... but nothing else."

What do you like best?

Skype has been in my heart as it was first released by its Sweedish parents. It was the first decent video/audio conference tool out there for the internet public. When Microsoft took over, they certainly inherited a great platform and the quality for teleconferencing has only grown better and better. I deal with a lot of vendors and business partners so I've been exposed to all the web conferencing platforms out there in the market: I've haven't experienced a better quality than the one I get form Skype for Business, including A/V, and screen-sharing. Even in the harshest connectivity conditions, the quality is great: My commute is quite long so I frequently need to take meetings while riding the train directly from by SfB app for iOS just using LTE. Quality is sustained, and whenever I get disconnected (e.g. crossing a tunnel) I get hooked up again really seamlessly. Also, the platform is ideal when dealing with big attendance conferences: I've joined 100+ attendees video conferences using the SfB A/V platform also with great performance.

One more big perk: Virtual PBX. This is major for me. Having your work phone number integrated with the Skype for Business platform will save you big bucks in telephony infrastructure and desktop equipment. You just need to invest in a good headset for each of your employees and you'll be killing multiple birds with a single stone.

What do you dislike?

The chat portion is really way behind the rest of the market. When using it, I feel like I'm using a chat tool from the early 2000s. I believe Microsoft is focusing on Teams in order to compete with Slack on this market, so my prediction would be that Skype A/V capabilities will be merged into Teams and they'll unify both product lines. Finding an old chat on SfB is a hit and miss, you're forced to look for your "Conversations History" at Outlook, not on Skype directly; and you'll likely be unable to retrieve a previous conversation as the persistence and retention policies are really annoying unpredictable.

Collaboration features are also very limited. Other platforms like Webex, Zoom, and BlueJeans have a better edge on this.

Finally, what I really DISKLIKE is: The mobile app version for chatting. Seriously, it really works big-time badly. New messages notifications pop-up randomly, and you'll only be sure to get new chats if you open the app. But even having the mobile app opened all the time will not guarantee the delivery of all the chats sent to you. Use it only if you're expecting/needing to have a continuous synchronous chat (which is preposterous nowadays).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your options carefully:

- Do you have a Microsoft productivity stack investment?

- Would you rather have Skype for Business on-premise or on the cloud?

- How much do you need to have a PBX solution?

Telephony, communications, conferencing, collaboration, infrastructure.

Skype Business review by Christine W.
Christine W.

"Super Useful Communication Tool"

What do you like best?

Skype for business makes communication in our organisation easy - we have many staff based all over the UK and Ireland, with some based remotely, and it is good to be able to instant message colleagues for a quick response.

It is also useful to group colleagues together for a group chat where a speedy response is needed, and it is much more practical and convenient than emailing.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes sets my status to something other than 'active' seemingly without reason. I can be sitting with a blank calendar and it has me set as being 'in a meeting' - not a big issue just a minor irritation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Useful communication tool for businesses with staff based in multiple locations

In a fast paced environment, a quick response can be crucial - sometimes it's not practical to place a phonecall, or a response from multiple people is needed, and for this, sending an instant message via Skype is a very efficient method for communicating.

Video conferencing is also valuable to communicate 'face to face' with colleagues located remotely.

Skype Business review by Rhoda w.
Rhoda w.

"Using skype as a communication tool on business organisations"

What do you like best?

Skype is easy to use.You do not need any specific training to use it.It enables communication among people in organisation even if they are not near the offices.It saves time and money since you do not have to travel all the way.Employees in an organisations use skype to get training from somebody else who is far from the organisation through teleconferencing.Managers in an organisation use skype when conducting interviews for people who are far from the organisation.

What do you dislike?

Skype needs internet connection for it to function.It basically relys on internet therefore when there is loss of internet communication stops.The user also needs a gadget eg phone or computer in order to use skype.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is the utmost convinient communicatiin tool due to its user friendliness and ability to save time and resources in a company

It saves time and money in a business since people dont have to travel to relay information to employees.People get connected easily with each other eithout waste of resources.

Skype Business review by Allan M.
Allan M.

"Professional IM "

What do you like best?

I like that with SKYPE for Business I am able to effectively communicate with co-workers and in a easy way, I can search by name within the company directory and start a chat conversation, a voice call, a video conference call and even share screen and record the interaction. It also provides info since it is synchronized with your calendar from Microsoft Outlook and that way your peers and co-workers will know when you are available or not.

What do you dislike?

I really haven't found something that I dislike so far, maybe the Graphical User Interface could improve a bit, but I don't consider it bad either, still a great tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend, this product will make your employees communication intraday much easier and effective, while still being secure and professional, all features are great and its all built in.

Well, basically the communication peer to peer, instead of walking to someone's desk or always scheduling a call, just look for someone in the company directory and ping them via chat, if the conversation requires it then just start a call and resolve whatever you need, this turns into more effectiveness and company savings as part of ROI

Skype Business review by Jacob G.
Jacob G.

"such a great tool to use for instant messaging internal employees and our customers "

What do you like best?

I like that it's integrated with outlook and the meeting calendar so that it alerts you when a meeting is about to start. Also, i like how i can join in the meeting directly from Skype without having to go to outlook.It's a good way to get in contact with your supervisor or manager because you can see their online status and they can also see your online status to monitor that you are working.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when I manually change my online status, the next day it will stay at the same manual setting, I don't like how it doesn't reset, because if I'm not careful people will think I'm offline when I'm really online. Another issue I don't like is that we have communication errors where the call gets dropped or one side can hear or be heard.

The business problems that Skype addresses are that it helps complete business projects with teammates from long distance areas. Also, I love how easy and professional this tool is.

Skype Business review by Lindsey W.
Lindsey W.

"Skype is an easy way to connect with employees and teams together."

What do you like best?

You can see when someone is available to talk or when they are away or in a meeting. Its nice to share screens or files and to also chat or voice call other employees that may not work at the same location or internationally. I also like the fact that you can personalize your profile and settings to work best for you and your team.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't automatically log you in when you get to your desk you have to log in every time. Some times the screen sharing feature can lag or be a bit slow to use at times. Overall a good product to use for a company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a good way to keep employees connected.

We are currently using Skype to keep all team members on the same page and keep an open line of communication. It also allows us to see when someone is available or not when it comes to meetings.

Skype Business review by Megan M.
Megan M.

"Skype for business, takes business to a higher level"

What do you like best?

I have been using Skype for many years, once they came out with skype for business, it changed a lot of everything. It is nice to be able to contact other businesses and see the face behind the voice, at times it makes it easier to get across what you need to, or better understand what the other person is telling you

What do you dislike?

Once again, here we are with the dislike section, that I honestly dont like at all. Because why does there have to be anything that I dont like? The only think I dislike, is that other businesses dont have skype for their business

At times it is easier to get across my needs and wants, also i can continue with my business, and using my laptop to handle other things as I have my much needed conversation with the person on the other line

Skype Business review by Sam P.
Sam P.

"Skype for Business"

What do you like best?

Skype for business is a great tool to use in the office. we used to have a group for our IT team that would solve problems within hours or minutes of the problem happening. If you need a quick answer from someone that doesn't require an email this program is fantastic. you can set up groups to collaborate and video call for meetings you might not be able to make.

What do you dislike?

There is not much i dislike about this product. We have just recently swapped over to it and we have not encountered any problems thus far. The interface could be a little more friendly but that is just me looking for a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say pull the trigger on it. The benefits of using this program are huge. It saves the time of having to run around, avoid unnecessary phone calls and emails that require an immediate answer. Nothing will replace face to face conversation but in the meantime this tool I would highly recommend.

as previously mentioned we had an IT group that would solve all our problems and we would be able to communicate quickly and effectively. When you need an answer from someone on a different floor or deparment it makes life simple in the fact you can just reach out. being able to video call is also a major plus if you are out of office.

Skype Business review by Zenab B.
Zenab B.

"Skype For Business - Tool for Remote Meetings "

What do you like best?

- We can solve every queries and question on quick meetings. we dont need to create long trail and need to wait for confirmations on email so answer can be avail quickly on call.

- you can know persons availability by seeing status on Skype for Business.

- There are few emojis are available and we can change font color too, so i find that is fun and mood changing in long boring working days.

- it is very easy to use.

- It allows us to share our screen and document which is very helpful for remote meetings.

- It is cheaper than other products available in market for same purpose.

What do you dislike?

- You need to have strong internet connections every single time to perfectly use Skype for business otherwise you will not be able to communicate properly.

- constant pings can may disturb you but you can change status to DND or Busy to ignore those while working on something important.

- some times not very often it happened that i receive some popup of chat but dont receive any massage at all so that is kind of bug.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes i recommend Skype for Business 100% for every formal conversation and professional use.

- In my profession Skype for business is like super friend to me because i can frequently arrange meetings with client and my team members to solve queries and have weekly and monthly remote meetings.

Skype Business review by Miriam Betsave O.
Miriam Betsave O.

"Skype for Business is the right platform to promote communication in your work."

What do you like best?

I use Skype for Business in my work, and it has worked very well for me. I always use the personal skype but the business one easily adapts to my needs in the office. My favorite thing is to make video conferences because it is very easy and they have almost no delay.

I can integrate it with my outlook account and decide how to set up a skype meeting with just one click, plus it is easy to add up to 800 contacts. With this software communication with my work team is becoming more effective.

One thing that is remarkable is that we can synchronize with other Microsoft software simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

The truth is I do not have something that totally displeases me, I just have to say that the audio is sometimes not so good, I've had conversations that are not heard well or the audio is lost in a certain way of the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

How not to recommend it? With this marvel of sosftware the communication in your work is fast and efficient, with few failures and without interruptions. The perfect option for any user and much more for business. You can share a desktop, make a videoconference and share a screen, share images, files, links, create groups, add your contacts ... I recommend it because it is very complete and it has worked very well in my work.

Working remotely with Skype for Business is a success. You can solve any inconvenience of work so you do not find yourself in the office. The fact of sharing images, files, links, etc. saves me a lot of time since everything I do in this same social network.

You can communicate from anywhere with any device.

Skype Business review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Used heavily within Biotech/Pharma companies"

What do you like best?

Seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook makes setting up a "Skype Meeting" as easy as pushing a button. When the actual meeting starts, simply click on the link and join. A headset with computer audio will work or, Skype for Business can be integrated with an 800 number and gives users an additional way to participate. Interactions between meeting participants include chat, sharing desktops and seeing who joined as well as "face time" interaction. This is a very nice product, and when set up correctly, makes meetings much less painful and enables remote workers. Here's the kicker most people don't realize - it works from your mobile phone using the Skype for Business Mobile app - very convenient if you're mobile. It will also integrate with your Outlook meetings calendar, even over the cloud and off VPN.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the audio is a bit glitchy; there are some issues to work out as the product is still growing. But this product is much easier to use than gotomeeting and is more crisp and simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it's properly integrated with an 800 number.

remote work is a dream using this tool.

Skype Business review by Mathieu G.
Mathieu G.

"Microsoft has come a long way. Skype for Business really hits the target"

What do you like best?

I like the collaboration functionalities such as screen share and calls. Having a pretty fast and reliable network, the sound quality is great and we barely get calls dropped at all. The integration of Skype with other microsoft product is also very nice.

What do you dislike?

It might just be a setting put in place by admins but we can't copy-paste images in the chat. We have to send emails instead. I really wish we could use only Skype for pretty much every communication. Only non-urgent matters should be communicated by emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use and reliability shouldn't be questioned when looking for such a product.

Microsoft has a robust and reliable product.

A lot of workers are working in open areas with no fixed desk. Skype for business allowed that change by getting people to use their laptops as phones basically. Also, we now have the capacity to schedule skype meetings. That was also needed in order to be able to allow people to work from home every once in a while.

Skype Business review by Waweru M.
Waweru M.

"Skype for Business is the most vital communication tool"

What do you like best?

I like Skype for Business since it is simple to download, install, and setup with no basic knowledge. Hence, to become a pro, you do not need to get complex training. Again, Skype for Business has a simple interface and smooth design, which makes it straightforward to use. Finally, I love Skype for Business since it enable me to save time and effort while communicating.

What do you dislike?

So far, I do not have much issue with Skype for Business, but it would be the best communication tool on the market if they improve interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, with no hesitation, mainly to all those that are looking for a communication tool that can help them to save time and energy while chatting.

We have relished a lot with Skype for Business. To begin with, it is now easy to share files, links, images, and screenshots with Skype for Business in the entire agency. Additionally, we are able to carry out video conferencing with Skype for Business.

Skype Business review by Jeremiah M.
Jeremiah M.

"You need something that works easily with MS Office"

What do you like best?

Most people in most companies use MS office. You need something that easily integrates with your existing business world. I love that it integrates into an outlook calendar. I also love that its available for Mac. In my experience- you can't ask people to implement something well into their day-to-day unless it easily slips into things they already do. The phone number intergration is great when you work with gov employees like we do.

What do you dislike?

I think it could be a bit cleaner looking. Some features aren't available on mac like a recording. The recording quality could be better as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't skimp on paying for good support. This thing will be the way you communicate in your company and you need to make the investment worth it.

We work with government and many times they cant download plugins or software due to firewall blockages. Having the ability to easily access a phone number helps solve this problem.

Skype Business review by Ariel C.
Ariel C.

"I would use other communication software if it was my choice"

What do you like best?

- Good quality in voice communications.

- Integration with Outlook could be handy, like meetings reminder and chat history.

What do you dislike?

- It doesn't save the chat history when you open a new chat window.

- Sometimes I end up opening multiple windows to chat with the same person, and that is really annoying.

- Without realizing it, you may end up writing from right to left, in bold. And you wont know how to go back to normal writing. You will probably close the windows as I usually do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Probably, Skype for Business is the right choice for most users. I think the experience depends on the user profile. I´m a Software developer in the company, and sometimes this app feels small and annoying.

It is the official communication software we use to keep all the teams in touch. (besides outlook).

From development team, infrastructure to HR are connected to skype all the time.

Skype Business review by Keeton H.
Keeton H.

"I love Skype for Business"

What do you like best?

Something that I really like about Skype for Business is that it's so easy to get a hold of other people in your company thanks to this. There are just some things where people don't need to email about it, but you don't want to text them to disrupt their work flow...hence, Skype for Business!

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I dislike is how our calendars are synced with it. It's a good thing sometimes, but there are also times when I wish people couldn't see that I am actively online because then I feel like I need to respond immediately if I get a message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd definitely recommend! I don't see a reason to not use it. Seems to me like there is no negative. Easy way to talk with your friends and coworkers during your time at work.

I touched upon this earlier, but for the issues that aren't important enough for an email, Skype for Business is perfect. Everyone in my company uses it. I also like how you have your pictures up there next to it, because in my company, I don't always know everyone so it helps make it a little more personal having pictures up there.

Skype Business review by Barry B.
Barry B.

"Excelent Chat and Phone software"

What do you like best?

This program is very easy to use. Paired with the correct phone call management service it make for an excellent business phone solution. My previous employer user Skype for Business paired with Clarity and it was great. The chat, both individual and group work really well and it easy to use and the conference calling is also easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have no complaints other than aesthetics. I really do not like the way the program looks. Needs a better interface. Maybe a dark mode. It just have not really changed in forever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its an excellent program and it works better that any of the alternatives. I feel tat even Microsoft Teams is an inferior product than this.

At my current employer we used it for internal chat and communications. At my previous employer, which was a call center, we used it for our primary phone system.

Skype Business review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"Skype for Business - not the greatest, not the worst"

What do you like best?

It easily connects everyone on staff at our large organization. When I need quick answers to questions but don't want to send an email, this product is perfect. The search feature works well, and I like how I can add my frequent contacts to "favorites" to easily access them in the future.

What do you dislike?

It's not the most user-friendly. It took me awhile to figure out, and I'm still figuring it out. I've used this product for over a year -- it's not as easy to navigate as Google's chat software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product certainly gets the job done, and integrates well with Microsoft Outlook. However, it's fairly challenging to figure out -- this product is not the most user-friendly. I'm used to the Google suite of applications which are incredibly user-friendly and easy to navigate; this product doesn't match up.

Quickly connecting with other colleagues for immediate responses to questions. It's easier and quicker than sending email.

Skype Business review by Sonia S.
Sonia S.

"Skype Empresarial, el mejor aliado para tu empresa"

What do you like best?

Lo que más me gusta es haber dejado de usar el teléfono gracias al Skype empresarial. Es lo más cómodo que he visto a nivel empresarial. Puedes llamar con los cascos, compartir la pantalla y chatear, lo tiene todo.

Además lo puedes abrir desde cualquier sitio, incluso móvil.

What do you dislike?

Lo que menos me gusta del Skype Empresarial es que a veces no llegan los mensajes al destinatario y los devuelve y no te enteras si no miras la ventana que el receptor no los ha recibido.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Os recomiendo este programa empresarial, toda la empresa nos comunicamos con él y estamos encantados.

En nuestro día a día lo usamos constantemente, antes teníamos que estar llamando para buscar a la gente, que descolgaran, que es ese momento no tuvieran lio, etc, ahora le dejas un mensaje en el Skype y cuando pueda lo lee y te atiende. Si tienes que resolverle algo en su ordenador te comparte la pantalla y se lo puedes mostrar de una manera muy fácil. Si quieres llamar por voz te pones los cascos y contactas desde la misma ventana de chat de manera muy cómoda. También se puede hacer conferencia entre varios usuarios que es mucho más rápido que estar buscando una sala para reunirte, y además te pueden hacer una presentación en Power Point y cosas así. También es útil el envío de ficheros con lo que te ahorras de tener que estar enviando correos. Me encanta este programa.

Skype Business review by Daniel G.
Daniel G.

"Lync un programa muy completo"

What do you like best?

La interfaz, la compatibilidad con skype, la colidad de audio/video, organización de usuario, facilidad de manejo, estabilidad, videoconferencia, compartir escritorio

What do you dislike?

La aplicación para movil es muy mala, le faltan notifiaciones más llamativas y más emojis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

La recomiendo porque es una aplicación muy buena para comunicarte con tus compañeros del trabajo, es eficaz, tiene muchas características como por ejemplo compartir tu escritorio con los demás o incluso cederles el control, lo cual es muy útil en el ámbito de la informático para solucionar incidencias en remoto. La videoconferencia funciona bien siempre y cuando tengas un buen equipo, no molesta ya que se minimiza, te permite crear grupos para poder hablarles a todo a la vez en más de una ocasión, se integra muy bien con outook para reuniones en linea o simplemente para que te ponga en estado de reunión, registra todas las conversiones en un historia que tambien es almacenado en tu cuenta de outlook, puedes usarlo con la aplicación android o ios aunque tiene mucho que mejorar.

Comunicación directa e inmediata con todos mis compañeros de trabajo, saber si están o no ausentes de su puesto.

Skype Business review by Ángel Adrián M.
Ángel Adrián M.

"Sigue resistiendo"

What do you like best?

Es bastante robusto y liviano, consume poca RAM y siempre avisa de chats entrantes, por lo que no te pierdes ninguna conversacion.

la facilidad para entrar en una conversación grupal

los estilos de fuentes personalizables

el audio en las conversaciones es cristalino y no consume nada de ancho de banda

rapidez de acceso a la aplicacion en frío

el historial de conversaciones es muy comodo cuando te olvidas de que hablaste hace una semana, siempre estan ahí para consulta. y si está en lazado con el correo, las conversaciones tambien las guarda ahi .

la aplicacion de movil se actualiza constantemente por lo que siempre hay novedaes y no deja atrás ningun sistema operativo movil popular.

capacidad de enlazar las llamadas de skype a un telefono movil particular.

sincronizacion entre las conversaciones de la aplicacion movil y la version de escritorio

What do you dislike?

un poco anticuado, sistema de emoticonos muy antiguo estilo messenger de los años 2000, la interfaz es algo anticuada y no permite enviar screenshots ni archivos sin dar fallo el 80% de las veces.

en conversaciones grupales a veces es dificil seguir a quien esta exponiendo en el instante en el que expone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

cerrar de vez en cuando el programa, cada 2 dias por ejemplo, para que vaya mas fluido. no intentar hacer envíos de archivos muy grandes, puede estropearse y dar a fallos indeseados.

todo tipo de incidencias y comunicaciones con las personas de mi entorno.

Skype Business review by Sergio S.
Sergio S.

"Lync no puede faltar en tu empresa"

What do you like best?

Para mi lo mejor de lync es la comodidad que ofrece a la hora de contactar con la gente y la posibilidad que te compartan la pantalla si tienes que solucionarles algún problema técnico. En general el audio y el vídeo son bastante buenos, incluso mejor que por teléfono, con la comodidad añadida de poder usar cascos y tener las manos libres para operar. Es muy cómodo también el sistema de búsqueda de usuarios en el directorio de la empresa.

What do you dislike?

Lo que menos me gusta quizá es la compartición de archivos, por lo menos en nuestra empresa no funciona muy allá, ya no sé si es culpa de nuestra configuración o de lync en general. Tampoco nos funciona bien alguna vez la compartición de pantalla ya que a veces no sale, pero son las menos de las veces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trabajo a diario con Lync y no concibo el trabajo sin el, si te estas planteando usarlo no lo dudes

Lync lo uso a diario, es el medio principal que usamos para comunicarnos en la empresa, tanto con mis compañeros como cuando tengo que resolver una incidencia y ponerme en contacto con algún usuario. Antes usábamos el teléfono, ahora prácticamente nunca, nos ponemos en contacto por lync para hablar, incluso si hay que tocarle algo de su ordenador nos comparten pantalla y nos dan el control para tocar lo que necesitemos. También usamos mucho las multiconferencias entre varios usuarios y hacer presentaciones. Ya no concibo trabajar sin lync.

Skype Business review by Eugenia P.
Eugenia P.

"Buena aplicación de mensajería instantánea, pero las llamadas algo caras."

What do you like best?

Hablamos de una aplicación de mensajería instantánea con años de recorrido en el mercado. En este caso, tratamos su versión Profesional para empresas.

Aprueba, con creces, en las versiones de aplicación de mensajería, en transferencia de archivos y compartir pantalla con compañeros. Igualmente, las conferencias-multiconferencias que se pueden hacer con Skype Empresarial (Antiguo Microsoft Link), remiten una gran calidad tanto en voz como en vídeo, por lo que tenemos delante una aplicación muy completa. Para las conferencias sólo voz, también encontramos grandísima calidad de audio y, en relación a las llamadas telefónicas por su sistema de VoIP, igualmente la calidad es 5/5.

What do you dislike?

Lo único negativo que recalcaría sobre esta aplicación es el precio de las llamadas emitidas desde la aplicación. En tarifa nacional son precios aceptables, pero extremadamente caras las llamadas a teléfonos móviles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si se revisaran los precios de las llamadas, así como los planes mensuales y por minutos que ofertan, sería una aplicación perfecta. Igualmente, intentaría suplementar la seguridad en los accesos, tanto a la aplicación en sí como a las videollamadas y conferencias. En relación a esto último, sería interesante proponer algún tipo de seguridad extra, ya que muchas veces se tratan temas muy confidenciales en las reuniones y, pese a confiar en Microsoft, no podemos asegurar la integridad de la comunicación.

No tuvimos ningún tipo de problema al desplegar Skype for Business en los 189 ordenadores que tenemos en la empresa. Se realizó un paquete de actualización y se instalaron sin ningún error reportado a este departamento.

Skype Business review by Felipe G.
Felipe G.

"Gran aplicación para la mensajería interna de la empresa."

What do you like best?

Nos encontramos con una aplicación excelente para la mensajería interna de la empresa, permitiendo compartir escritorio entre compañeros, así como videollamadas para las reuniones de la dirección y Junta de la empresa.

What do you dislike?

Para según qué momentos y sesiones, plantearía implantar una verificación en dos pasos, bien a través de SMS a un número reconocido o bien a través de algún tipo de certificado digital.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Para videosesiones, implementaría algún paso más de verificación, además del correo electrónico y la contraseña, con la finalidad de poder ampliar la seguridad. No obstante, nosotros hemos instalado la cabecera en servidor interno, por lo que hay que estar en red local o conectado a través de la VPN para poder acceder. Aun así, ratifico la solicitud de verificación en, al menos, dos pasos para video.

Problemas como tal, no hemos tenido ninguno. Simplemente la sugerencia que he puesto en el punto anterior de la Review.

Skype Business review by Augustus M.
Augustus M.

"Skype for Business is the most advanced communication tool so far"

What do you like best?

I like everything about Skype for Business from design to interface. I like how it is simple to download, install, and start using this tool with no basic knowledge. Also, it is easy to use Skype for Business since it has a slick design and simple interface. Skype for Business has all the tools that help me to save time and energy while communicating via it. For instance, with emoticons and mojis, it is easy to express the feelings with just a click.

What do you dislike?

I hate the sound produced by this tool while making audio call from a place with poor cloud computing. However, we do not face this issue since we outsourced the best and reliable cloud service early this year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Skype for Business for capabilities like video and audio conferencing.

Skype for Business has allowed us to come up with a forum that involves all the teams in our agency, ie Skype Group. That way, it is easy to pass any information that may encompass all or few members.

Skype Business review by Lorraine R.
Lorraine R.

"Skype for Business (formerly Lync)"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business is used across our enterprise, from HR, Accounting and Finance, IT, Security and Facilities Management. We use Skype to keep connectivity fluid and through all channels up and down the business lines. We often used the video platform when connecting with customers and staff who are remote.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, there is nothing about Skype that we dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd Recommend other to use Skype for Business Skype for Business for use across their enterprise, from HR, Accounting and Finance, IT, Security and Facilities Management. We use Skype to keep connectivity fluid and through all channels up and down the business lines. We often used the video platform when connecting with customers and staff who are remote.

We've realized that with technology, staff can work remotely and still be included with the use of technology that Skype provides.

Skype Business review by Gabriel G.
Gabriel G.

"High quality videoconferences with Skype for business"

What do you like best?

From my point of view, I think that is a great tool for business communication, especially in situations of long distance communication, I believe that the fact that Skype for Business allows to create conference rooms through video call and in said inclusion People who belong to the work area as well as to third parties in order that everyone perceives the same presentation seems fantastic to me. It has a feature that pleased me personally and that it also allows me to make use of 365 office tools such Excel, Word or PowerPoint while running a video conference, that means that it offers multiple possibilities when it comes to getting involved with the program from my point of view, these characteristics make this a unique and essential tool for the working world.

What do you dislike?

Being a tool that offers a very good long-distance communication and Office tools, it also requires a high-performance PC to cover such demand for resources, therefore, in low budget pcs, or rather, low-end, They may not obtain an optimal experience because they can not prevail in the face of this demand for resources. Another feature of this software that I have been experiencing is that sometimes there are often problems with fluency regarding calls on video calls, sometimes due to internet connection but sometimes not. It usually works well and I like the program but I can not help but feel discomfort when these problems arise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recomended, it's a excellent program, it offers you the best comunication through videocalls. Good quality videoconferences wherever you stay.

In general, it has allowed me to establish communications with multiple companies in different parts of the world, facilitating business, and so, facilitating day to day work. It has allowed me even better communication in the company even with my own business and my partners, has made my responsibilities something easier and practical to cope with and less stressful.

Skype Business review by Shivani S.
Shivani S.

"Skype for business is fundamental for any type of business dealing. "

What do you like best?

There is a portable form that enables you to been associated while not in your work area, and on the off chance that you miss a message you get an email demonstrating that you have pending correspondences with some person.

There is additionally usefulness for making room amass visits and moment gatherings.

What do you dislike?

The most clear challenges are in the control of the program, typically individuals don't dig into the applications that this adaptation of Skype has, since it is particularly connected with the rendition utilized for informal organizations, the other thing is in the help dependability is required in the web access supplier so the involvement with the program is of the most astounding quality as far as sound and video.

I utilize Skype in conjunction with a couple of other specialized instruments for reaching individuals from my specialization, spread all through country and worldwide.

Skype Business review by Brady B.
Brady B.

"Skype is great for our business"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how organized and well set up the program is. It is easy to find any feature you may need and they are easy to use once you find what you need. Every feature that i require at my business helps tremendously in my day to day work. It allows me to get ahold of fellow employees without the need to yell across the room or have to get up to let them know something. It is also very useful in obtaining email address or phone numbers of coworkers that you do not know right off hand, which makes working much easier. The feature where you can see if someone is available to talk or busy also makes life much easier.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes has some little bugs where it will not show a notification that you get a message and you will just keep working not aware that you received that message. The screen share option can also be a little finicky at times where it is just confusing to get going.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get this program if you have several employees that are not in close proximity or if you work in a quite environment then this is perfect for you.

We are able to better communicate between the separate floors of our clinic so we can relay information immediately instead of having to go up or down a floor to get information across. Also, it makes tech support very easy as they are able to control your computer through the program.

Skype Business review by william f.
william f.

"EASY Simple and helpful"

What do you like best?

Right when I sign on to my Workstation it automatically logs me into skype which is very convenient and efficient for my workstation when I need help or if I ned to make a conference call.

What do you dislike?

It does not close unless I manually close the application it remains open and does not go away so I have to manually close the application for it to not appear on the workstation it becomes quiet annoying when I log in every day to my work station and I have to manually close the application from within the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a simple and easy to use interface and will enhance and better your business if you need to reach out for help or guidance from a supervisor or a support team make sure if you want to sign out you click on it within the app or else the interface will stay open.

If needed I can conference call my support/technical team for questions and or assistance itdts a nicce tools to have if I need to talk or have a meeting with a supervisor.

Skype Business review by Aurélien L.
Aurélien L.

"Easy to use and high performing solutions with lack of customizations"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business is really efficient in its core functionalities : communication is simple, fast and easy. For main usage, it does not require specific training for users (including for users in factories for instance). In my opinion, it is a excellent tool to use in combination with email program; it indeed reduces (more or less, but it can be significant) the amount of emails, as simple and quick communication is now directly handled with Skype for Business. Eventually, it is also - by far from what I know - one of few tools perfectly serviceable on many various devices, without difficulties ; and this is a great point for this kind of communication software.

What do you dislike?

I think Skype for Business may be a better software if it includes more customization for each user. It should be great for instance to allow each user to customize the homepage, as the software is normally always launched on PC and on mobiles phones (in our organization, Skype is automatically launched at Windows start for all users). There is also improvement to make in the files sharing directly from Skype for Business; for the moment, it is really basic, and even sharing a screenshot is not that efficient (because thumbnail is undersize) and can be problematic in calling conversation with many users. For several users, it is now usual to share only links (dropbox links for instance) instead of documents directly on Skype for Business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to launch it when Windows start for all users.

We simply increased total amount of communication; benefits can also be done because users are no longer interrupted by phone calls when only a simple piece of information need to be done. It is now done with Skype for Business.

Skype Business review by Tom M.
Tom M.

"Outdated solution that needs a lot of TLC"

What do you like best?

One feature I like is that it saves all of your communications (texts) in to Outlook. Another feature I like is the integration with Outlook allowing me to create a new Skype meeting when I create a calendar entry.

One final feature I like is that I can see who is online, who is in a meeting etc.

What do you dislike?

Skype for Business is an ok communications platform and when it was under the Lync banner worked well. Unfortunately when it was acquired by Microsoft , it seems to have been forgotten from a development perspective.

It crashes on a semi regular basis. Every time I disconnect/connect from my laptop dock is loses the appropriate audio settings meaning I have to change them to the right one before I make or receive a call - really frustrating.

If you make your details public you'll get inundated with spammers etc who have no relationship with you (though some will try to get one if you accept their connection request).

The internet connectivity required is quite intensive compared to other solutions meaning. This means that if I am in a country where the internet connectivity is not that good, I can't use the solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrate the solution with Microsoft Office and make sure your profile is not publicly viewable.

The main benefit we realised is a cheaper and more efficient way to communicate with our customers and prospects.

The ability to see who is online and, more importantly, who is available is a great benefit as I can quickly and easily see if someone is free for a quick chat etc.

Skype Business review by Aimee E.
Aimee E.

"Essential tool for dispersed teams!"

What do you like best?

we have tried a number of different software products to host meetings with our geographically dispersed team. Many of them were clunky or difficult to use, and our meeting were spent troubleshooting.Skype for business makes it easy to connect the right people to the meetings, allow everyone to fully communicate, and share screens, documents and presentations. It also is the best intra-office messaging tool we have used It works very seamlessly with Outlook and all our other tools..

What do you dislike?

I found the process of setting up distinct groups to be a bit more cumbersome than I expected. I also wish it had a Slack-like feature to have different conversational "channels" going at once. It is great for instant communications but is sometimes difficult to pull up info from previous conversations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a geographically dispersed team, this product will make it much easier to collaborate, hold meetings, and share documents and presentations.

Previously we used a separate tool for interoffice communications, and relied on WebEx or other tools for conferencing, which required downloading separate software, lots of troubleshooting, etc. with Skype for business we can have meetings with our remote teams, quickly share screens and presentations when needed, and quickly communicate via the messaging feature.

Skype Business review by Maria Francia G.
Maria Francia G.

"Skype for Business, the key to successful communication in your work. "

What do you like best?

Personally I think that most of Microsoft's software are very productive and Skype for Business does not escape from it. I find it to be an application that is very easy to use, organized and accessible to anyone, since it is available for multiple devices. Their calls are one of the features that I use the most, I can talk with my work group and carry out online meetings through videoconferences. It is a fantastic application, it facilitates interaction and closeness with my co-workers.

Thanks to the fact that it is integrated with Office applications such as Excel or Word, I can share and transfer my files to my companions in an easier way and without interruptions.

What do you dislike?

In some cases the notifications do not arrive at the precise moment what is harmful at the time of receiving some order or important information in my work. Other times it has happened to me that when making calls, they do not have good quality or resolution, I think that should improve this because the communication can be affected by this detail, since it is a little uncomfortable.

With Skype for Business, my ties of instant communication with my colleagues in the company have narrowed. Wherever I go I'm always aware of what happens in my work, just enough to take my phone or my computer to make a call, send a document and say how I want to visualize and take control. Any form of communication is safe with this software.

Skype Business review by Raul Lorenzo G.
Raul Lorenzo G.

"The business communication platform is called Skype. "

What do you like best?

What I like about Skype for companies, is that it allows me to be in constant communication, through it I can talk, chat, allow me to see the co-worker to whom I give precise instructions of the business, creating in me a feeling of closeness with whom I am doing the feedback. I love being able to access Skype for companies both on my phone and on my PC, I just have to have Android for the phone and the Windows operating system, Linux, etc. In the same way, I like Skype for companies, because during the time I make the call, I can divide the screen in two and share presentations, photos, etc., and I can make video calls with HD quality.

What do you dislike?

Among the things I do not like about Skype for companies is that it does not allow me to make emergency calls in case I need them to solve a setback, however, I will have to use the cell phone or landline, in addition to this, Everyone can access which is very easy to have unwanted contacts. Sometimes audio and video fails when I am communicating with other companies, and with ours as well. It is very susceptible to be a victim of catching a virus when downloading the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it for being an easy and quick tool to install, both in the mobile, as in another device, works with almost all computers, with Windows, Linux, etc. In addition, so that you can access other Skype users in part of the world, because it works with all firewalls, it has nothing more to configure. It is very economical to use

With Skype for companies I make national and international calls from my house or in a record time, although the call is not free, it is worth it, since it is super economic, I can also access it from the PC, tablet, mobile, usable, Xbox, etc. I have seen the need to communicate with my relatives who are in other countries, and with Skype we have been able to maintain family closeness, as well as conversations of an employment nature, to obtain an agricultural product, the tool has been very useful.

Skype Business review by Alaa H.
Alaa H.

"Skype makes work environments easier"

What do you like best?

Skype's calling quality is the reason why our company chose it, it allowed us to communicate with our 3rd party vendors across the country in ease and to host video calls and share our screens with quality and efficiency.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

this product will serve your work environment needs,so i highly recommend you to use it

Skype for Business goes with you wherever you go.

Nowadays mobility is fundamental to keep pace and have the work done. Skype for Business is a communication tool for businesses available wherever there is Internet and mobile access, which drastically reduces the cost of IT by supporting home-based workers and mobile workers

Skype Business review by Erue D.
Erue D.

"With Skype conference calls bring people more together!"

What do you like best?

It makes a big difference to be able to see other people in a conference call meeting. Before conducting our meeting with Skype, it was difficult to hear what the members said, who was talking and what could be happening, as visual aids.

the conferences and meetings are much more efficient using video chat, we can connect from a phone with android or iphone or a pc be window or linux.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally we have issues with calls being dropped or the video image is a little jerky causing a lapse in communication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

skype helps connect the world, adapts to the technological reality of our times, companies like individuals should use skype, we gain time and we improve communication, if you are looking for a technological help to communicate in an effective way skype busisnes in the option.

fast installation on all your devices, microsoft security, you can install it and take it everywhere

Skype for Business goes with you wherever you go.

Skype Business review by Alyson D.
Alyson D.

"User friendly and good tool"

What do you like best?

This product is pretty user friendly. I like that you can add favorite contacts for quick find. It is a helpful quick chat and conferencing tool and useful when working with remote or global teams. Skype for Business is a life-saver for fast feedback and communication. I like that you can view if someone is available, busy, out of office, etc.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app does not work well at all. It is really hit or miss if you can log in and connect to a meeting and sometimes it kicks you out. I would really like to see this improved so I can use Skype for Business "on the go" without having to use my computer. Also, sometimes document share does not work. It is a nice feature when it does work, but it is hit or miss.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product overall. Have only had a few minor technical issues in several years of using it.

Overall the tool is very useful for fast feedback and communication. It is nice to see if people are currently available or have an Out of Office message up. Although many of my colleagues do not update their status currently, I can see this being very useful as we move to an open work environment without assigned workstations. Skype for Business also provides the ability to easily engage with global and remote team members. This is my company's primary tool for conferences and can be used globally.

Skype Business review by Stever Jose G.
Stever Jose G.

"Effective communication and with cost savings for the company"

What do you like best?

The possibility of having internal and external contacts to the company that use Skype For Business

To be able to include my personal Skype contacts in a single tool

The meeting rooms and their capacity to add 250 people in a room

To join a meeting is not necessary a desktop application and can be added by a plugin or direct dialing a local number and accessing the pin of the room.

When I travel and use Skype for business to make calls to my country, the cost for the company is a local call because the head office is in my country despite using it outside of it.

the multiple facilities to share files, documents, screens and edit file in collaboration in a meeting.

the integration of skype for business with Office 365 and the applications of Ofimatica desktops that you can contact any partner who has edited a document or sent you an email with a single click.

to be able to organize my most used contacts with favorites and group them by states.

to be able to hold meetings and presentations and be able to record them and then use it as training material for those who did not participate in the original meeting.

the file transfer is very good and you always have the files available locally.

The ability to leave a voice message on the answering machine.

how instuitive is the application

from a single window to be able to access certain actions and not have to move from

the functionalities of managing the audience and being a moderator, presenter or participant.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to send attachments in a chat meeting.

the identification of several people talking at once is difficult if they are more than 10 identify the speaker, so I think the last point mentioned in favor that you can regulate who presents.

the conversations you make from the mobile device are not registered in the chat history with outlook

locate the function of chat in the integration with office 365 on the web owa is not so easy you have to explain it to the users

Recommendations to others considering the product

That they try the solution in the cloud if they have doubts so that they validate their potential and in this way they can make the final decision to acquire the onpremise or a hybrid

779/5000

Solve problems of communicating with customers and suppliers with cost savings because the calls are at local cost or assumed in the O365 license package.

It also solves a problem of availability of the support team in areas or foreign branches, avoiding the transfer of them and ensuring customer service from the office with shared desktop functions.

Moving for meetings or training, that mobilization of personnel is a cost that was benefited when implementing the implementation of skype for busines

Benefits

Increase in productivity

Availability of the work team.

Teamwork is facilitated.

Reduction of costs in personnel transfers and long distance telephone calls.

Learning about Skype for Business (formerly Lync)?

* We monitor all Skype for Business (formerly Lync) reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.