Skype for Business (formerly Lync)

LyncProfessional meetings and collaboration—all integrated with your Office apps

Work for Skype for Business (formerly Lync)?

Learning about Skype Business?

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Reviews

Showing 5515 Skype Business reviews
Skype Business review by <span>Brady B.</span>
Brady B.

"Skype is great for our business"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how organized and well set up the program is. It is easy to find any feature you may need and they are easy to use once you find what you need. Every feature that i require at my business helps tremendously in my day to day work. It allows me to get ahold of fellow employees without the need to yell across the room or have to get up to let them know something. It is also very useful in obtaining email address or phone numbers of coworkers that you do not know right off hand, which makes working much easier. The feature where you can see if someone is available to talk or busy also makes life much easier.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes has some little bugs where it will not show a notification that you get a message and you will just keep working not aware that you received that message. The screen share option can also be a little finicky at times where it is just confusing to get going.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get this program if you have several employees that are not in close proximity or if you work in a quite environment then this is perfect for you.

We are able to better communicate between the separate floors of our clinic so we can relay information immediately instead of having to go up or down a floor to get information across. Also, it makes tech support very easy as they are able to control your computer through the program.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Skype for Business (formerly Lync)
Skype Business review by <span>Virginia P.</span>
Virginia P.

"Perfect way to communicate with the team"

What do you like best?

Some of my favorite features are

1. If I have a question for someone but they are not showing as active in Skype I can set a "Tag for Status Change" so when the become available I can be notified and ask my question at that time without feeling like I'm interrupting them.

2. Other favorite features include that I can choose to record or not record the message exchange.

3. Ability to pin my favorite (or most frequently contacts) at the top

4. Great that I can write a quick note in the "what's happening today" banner. For example, since I work virtually I don't have office mates to say "hey, I'm running out for a quick errand, I'll be back in 90 min" and so I can just use the "What's happening" to tell people when I will be back and if they can reach me on my cell, etc.

5. ability to quickly call someone via the application if the Instant Messaging isn't working

6. Ability to actually cut and paste in charts, images, graphics, etc

There is a mobile option which some of my co-workers have used.

What do you dislike?

I guess in some ways it can be a bit "big brotherish" in that even when I log on from home in the evening, if I have the application open my co-workers will see it. I can override and "appear away" or simply just exit out - so this isn't really a major issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our company, which is a mixture of virtual as well as teams in the same building has increased our ability to communicate.

Being able to quickly talk with team members without having to exchange a bunch of emails.

Being able to see if someone is working or not working.

Being able to call someone via the applicaiton, or start a screen share, etc.

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Skype Business review by <span>Harneet S.</span>
Harneet S.

"Skype for Business - Great choice"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Skype for Business, is that it makes it really easy for me to talk to my colleagues and acquaintances I work with that I do not know. It provides a good ID Card system that allows me to see what other colleagues do in the company that I haven't met yet. It provides seamless integration between sending attachments and pictures and emojis for our ease.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Skype for Business is not much since I haven't had many problems with the product, but one thing I do dislike is that it could be more accurate in terms of when people have been signed off etc., or away from their desks as that becomes an issue when I am trying to get in contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I fully recommend this product for people planning to use an internal network for employees to contact one another. The ease it provides to send emails, attachments, messages etc., allows for really effective and efficient work procedures I believe.

Business problems I am solving with this product I think happen to be that it provides ease of access inside the internal network of employees and giving them a platform to do presentations, share desktops with other employees when screen control is required for issues. It provides good quality sound quality that allows for easy to follow through during important meetings. It allows the internal network of employees to see activity levels easily and brightly which helps a lot especially for interns like me who have many day to day questions.

Skype Business review by <span>Jose Alejandro  C.</span>
Jose Alejandro C.

"Skype for business is more and more used for many kind of company in latin america"

What do you like best?

This is an excelent software, i use it almost everyday on my day to day work, you can manage and create meetings with many people of your company, it does get on calendar, and its fully integrated with many kinf of dispositives, from tablets, laptops, desktops and cellphones.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is very hard to make it work, the link for the meeting fails, or it keeps asking for password to get in, i've noticed that is has some fauls with the chrome extension, it becomes slow and has some bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company is trying to have an proffesional meeting software, this is working great, it does have also many integration with third party software so and it has good speed on web conferences and voice sound is totally clear, you do not have to miss any conference anymore because you can also use it on android cellphones, so you can be good and always connected.

I use mainly the deskptop version and the android version, with it i can send an message directly to anyone just typing the email on search bar, and in a meeting, you can get in with native sound, or a phone call, so it gives you many options to be in the meeting. If you are the master of the meeting, can also delegate the master option to anyone else so he can show the screen and do any of the activities.

Skype Business review by <span>Josie K.</span>
Josie K.

"Easy communication for in office chats"

What do you like best?

The ease of communicating with employees in the office without having to pick up the phone or draft an email. Communication is quicker when a question needs to be handled immediately. Within our law office we often have various clients coming in at a moments notice and being able to contact another attorney immediately helps the clients experience operate much more smoothly and helps the office appear much more professional.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes if I've locked my computer my profile appears as away or busy and other employees are unable to reach me, which can be frustrating. Various employees have complained that they can never send me messages because I appear unavailable. I'm not quite sure why this happens seeing as how I'm always logged in and set as "Available" unless I've stepped away from my desk or I'm truly out of the office. Something quite puzzling to me about that, but aside from that the system works great and truly helps our office function in a better way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would certainly recommend the database as a way to chat with other individuals that work in the same environment as you. The interface alerts you when someone has sent you a chat and has easy tools to change your visibility settings in terms of who can send you a message when.

Certainly solving the issue that is quickly corresponding with different members of our business. The faster employees can communicate the better our office works. Sometimes questions need to be answered immediately thus the chat based system helps our office work a bit more efficiently. Also, employees seem to be less frustrated in general when questions don't get bogged down in hundreds of emails.

Skype Business review by <span>Leidy E.</span>
Leidy E.

"Excellent online communication tool"

What do you like best?

I love that this is an application that allows you to send instant messaging, or a telephone conversation if there is a person available, conferences, meetings where you can add up to 250 people to your meetings online, it keeps a history of conversations and the best is that offers you an enterprise level security, and is integrated in your Office applications. that is to say, it gives you a complete communication which allows you to carry out your work quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

The business skype does not allow me to send or receive files causing this way that you must have other applications to send this information, it is important to unify this. I understand that when this happens it is because the company in its role of administrator blocks this option which I consider should be eliminated from the policies and not allow the company to block this option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If I recommend this application because at the business level it facilitates international communication, it is excellent for work meetings, no matter where you are.

find in this way speeding up the response times to the organization and especially to the client.

The main problem that solves us is the communication because as indicated above allows us to hold a conference with up to 250 people no matter where you are, thus achieving improved response times.

Skype Business review by <span>Stefan T.</span>
Stefan T.

"Skype that we all know, but now just for business."

What do you like best?

Skype is very powerful tool, it has remote control, presentation mode, Video audio calls, and you can share files as well. I love the concept where you can create separate conversations with multiple people within your organization and that you can save your conversation automatically.

What do you dislike?

I dont like that Skype has tendencies of crashing, whenever someone pings you on the side, if you have more conversations/chats open. In my daily usage, i have around 20 chats open, and when Skype crashes, i need to start and open them all over again, which is very frustrating and time consuming.

Skype lacks Annotations in presentation mode, which is very bad and there for i use Webex for that purpose. If it had Annotations it would be best software for presentation currently on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype can boost your company's performance in daily usage. It can help you get to the important answers quicker then writing emails, or using any of the other IM business applications, as Skype for business is synchronized with Quick look IDs of Office 365 package that your company should have set up before using Skype for business.

In my company we are using Skype to solve current problems that we are facing, to give people ETA on some projects and to share project files, as well to answer frequent questions to our colleagues . You should see my attached picture of my daily usage of Skype for business and as you can see there is a lot of things that you can done in Skype for business with no hassle and without any trouble. Main problem is when it crashes.

Skype Business review by <span>Marcus W.</span>
Marcus W.

"Works fine for staying in contact with staff members"

What do you like best?

Skype works great for seeing who in the organization is currently available. Also having my phone through Skype for Business allows me to immediately call staff or outside of the company. Having the ability to forward calls and get messages through Outlook is also a benefit.

What do you dislike?

Notices when I am receiving a message are easy to miss. Moving from Skype personal to Skype for business was a challenge as you could not import contacts from one to the other. When selecting a phone prefix, we were not able to select the city we were located in, so calls to people outside the organization show we are calling from a different city, which can cause confusion.

Skype for business has allowed us to get rid of a 3rd party phone system, and instead has phone, email, and instant messaging all tied to Microsoft products, which talk nicely together.

Skype Business review by <span>Joon Y.</span>
Joon Y.

"Great added features - commonly used across businesses"

What do you like best?

I love skype for business, because it's so basic and has all the necessary components to communicate across your business. It's private, simple, and clear. Before, we used to not be able to send images or files, but with that feature now, it seems almost complete to me. I use all the functions such as screen share, files transferring, and just basic chats.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if I can change this feature, but I definitely don't like how it shows a bit of your message when you are about to click on the person trying to ping you. Especially when we are sharing or presenting our screen to an audience. I know it most cases it does switch to "do not disturb" but for cases when that doesn't happen, I wish it never showed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Skype for Business, because it's a great tool to communicate with one another. Sometimes emails are just too much back and forth and take longer to communicate. If it is just a quick message, using Skype is a lot better. Also, with features such as sending quick shots or screenshots, it is just a lot easier to chat.

Communicating with one another, sharing information with team that is across the globe but it's too small or need more back and forth than an email, and

Skype Business review by <span>Napoleon G.</span>
Napoleon G.

"Best application for video conferences and screen sharing"

What do you like best?

Easy to use.

Ability to join meeting online or over the phone

Capability to work in different platforms or OS

Multilingual

Integration with outlook calendar.

Real time person status

What do you dislike?

it is not easy to join online meetings without an account

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Skype for Business if you already have a Microsoft Office for business subscription. It integrates nicely with Outlook, and allows you to send meeting invites easily. You can invite up to 250 people. people can call in, or join the meeting on any device as a register user o as a guest. you can share screens or make other people presenters as well. it is a great tool for online presentations or video conferences. the chat feature is very handy as well to contact co-workers internally.

Communicate with people in other part of the state or country.

Share online presentations, files.

Long distance phone calls.

Conference calls.

Skype Business review by <span>Jill S.</span>
Jill S.

"Great tool for businesses"

What do you like best?

Easily see if my coworkers are available or not. Easily able to message them for things that are quick questions or if we are not near by each other and working at separate locations.

I also like that you are able to sort and organize my coworkers so that I can see them in the order that I want. I keep people I IM frequently along with my team on top.

I also like the feature of tagging someone for status alerts so you know when they are away or in a meeting and they become available. It is helpful to remind me to contact that person and then I can know when they are available.

We also use skype for screen shares and our company will be moving to video conferencing as well in the next few months. Excited to see all it has to offer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the statuses showing in the window doesn't update fast enough, so someone might show as available, but then when you click to message them, their status is different.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is very easy to use and it has lots of features that can be used to improve communication at your company.

This is a great tool that allows employees to quick ask each other questions. It gives a quick glance for who is available and you can tag people so you know when they become available. Lots of great benefits including increased communication.

Skype Business review by <span>Gustavo M.</span>
Gustavo M.

"One of the best Business tool "

What do you like best?

I like it because it lets you keep in touch with your colleagues and some other people in your company.

It is very useful to discuss some important issues faster.

It is possible tp invite your colleagues quickly and to stablish a conference in few minutes.

It is possible to send pictures, files applications or some other digital data quickly.

It has some tools that make your communications more friendly.

What do you dislike?

It is not so easy to add contacts.

Skype for business needs to improve the contact list arrangement.

It is necessary to improve the browser, when you are trying to find some one, the browser shows you a lot of possible names. So I think it should have more features to grant a quick and successful search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether you need a fast and easy to use application to enrich your communications skills and make your team members closer, do not hesitate and start using Skype for business as a tool.

It is very fast to deploy remote troubleshooting.

It is very fast to invite people to join a conference or video-conference.

Arranging meetings is faster and easy.

You can add some interesting features to your meetings .

It is possible to contact main customers by this means and star chatting with them to discuss or solve any trouble faster.

It shows whether team members are available or not, it lets you know whether your workers are on his site when you need them.

Skype Business review by <span>Ajaykumar M.</span>
Ajaykumar M.

"Collaborate with Skype for Business"

What do you like best?

In my year long experience with Skype for Business, i personally feel it to be the best tool to collaborate remotely with clients and coworkers through messaging, video calls and screen sharing. The overall experience with Skype for Business has been positive. Whether it is setting up the conference call or presenting the screen, it has been very simple and extremely useful. The Skype for Business app also works super fine in smart phones which makes life easier and one can easily collaborate with anyone on the go.

What do you dislike?

Very rarely i notice that calls quality are bad, may be it is attributed to other reasons and the person without license cannot host a meeting. I also noticed that it is bit quirky to resize the window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend Skype for Business for its nominal price, remarkable features and ease of use.

There are several benefits and business problems that have been resolved such as -

1) Scheduling a virtual meeting.

2) Instant Messaging.

3) Document Sharing

4) Video and audio recordings

5) Group HD Video Calls

6) Desktop and application sharing

and many more.....

Skype Business review by <span>Jeremiah K.</span>
Jeremiah K.

"I've been transitioning out of Skype.. "

What do you like best?

I like how everyone knows what skype is. I run an cloud based company, and it's nice to be able to refer to skype and my clients know exactly what I'm talking about. Basically all of my clients have a skype account, so it can be an easy way to meet up with people online. Also, all of my team memebers know what Skype is and it's easy to meet up with them.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how Skype has a good bit of gliches. Sometimes the app doesn't work well, and I lose the people that I was in a meeting with. Can be very frustrating, especially when there is a time crunch. Another frustrating thing is that you have to find contacts on the skype database before meeting up with them. It's like you have to become "friends" with them before you can have an online conversation with them. In a cloud based company, the hard it is to connect with people online the more difficult it is for you business to succeed. I've primarily swapped to using Zoom for business meetings, because I can easily send a client a link to the chat room, and they just hop on, and we can start the meeting with little to no "fuss."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is an online communication tool that everyone knows about. It can be very useful for you business but sometimes there are gliches.

It's solving long distance communication problems. My company is all cloud based, so without a way to connect with people online via video chats, communication would be a lot more impersonal. It provides face to face conversation that is important in building a client relationship.

Skype Business review by <span>Vignesh S.</span>
Vignesh S.

"Skype is making business simple!! "

What do you like best?

I, my colleagues and the leadership team leverage the Skype for instant messaging and saving time by avoiding lots of emails. It keeps us stay connected with many business needs where it gives the ability to share documents, web links, smileys etc. Skype for business also saves the chats and emails to the business email to keep us stay connected. Skype's video call, audio call and screen sharing have made my effortless and to the perfection. The group chats during long business discussion had kept us stay in the same tab. The grouping of my team members, status availability of my team and lot more have made my work simple.

What do you dislike?

The active chat list always stays in one window and switching between chats is sluggish. Screen sharing is not up to the mark.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely you should go for Skype to stay connected and provide the full grade support.

Working with my colleagues on screen sharing to give live support to the clients and keeping everyone updated on quick meetings.

Skype Business review by <span>Steve R.</span>
Steve R.

"Full featured Business Communication tool"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about Skype for Business is its integration with the Office 365 suite. It integrates at all levels and makes it easy to collaborate across Word, Excel, Powerpoint or any of the other office 365 apps. I also love the ease of Meeting setup.

What do you dislike?

Skype is a heavy client. Coming from a Google Hangouts world where everything is "lite" it has taken some adjustments to acclimate to the heavy Skype Windows Desktop client, which you need to get all the features of the Skype that truly make it shine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an Office 365 user then I highly recommend Skype for Business. It truly brings out the full features of Office365 and allows it to compete with things like Google Docs and its tight integration.

Skype allows our company to communicate across all departments efficiently and quickly. It also makes collaborating on projects a breeze. We can share, work, call and chat at the same time we are working with the document because of its tight integration with office 365.

Skype Business review by <span>Rachel R.</span>
Rachel R.

"Great formal & informal communication medium"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business is very intuitive to use and makes connecting with colleagues nearly effortless. I like being able to sort my contacts into groups and seeing whether someone is available to chat. I've also joined several Skype calls from my phone, and the app makes it extremely easy to connect to the meeting.

What do you dislike?

Remembering my PIN (although depending on how I join a meeting, this isn't always an issue)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Teach people how to turn status alerts on & off - great feature, but can be a little bothersome after a while. Also, I regularly use the Conversation History tab in my Outlook to look back through Skype conversations if I can't quite remember the outcome of a question/issue - it's great to be able to search for keywords to find things easily.

Skype has made it extremely easy to connect both formally and informally with colleagues right around the corner to across the country.

Skype Business review by <span>Reginald  B.</span>
Reginald B.

"Love It"

What do you like best?

I have been using skype for many years, but more recently for Business. It is very helpful in situations where picking up a phone is too obvious. Our department has used it as an emergency system. In situations where we needed help or assistance from a co-worker and they immediately get the message.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it says I am offline or online when I am not. Just a minor issue but can be annoying at times because if it is doing it to me I am sure it is doing it to other people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would advise to use it for emergency situations or circumstances when pickign up a phone is too notcieable. We now have panic buttons but even that takes time. I know from personal expereience this has helped get me out of situations.

Being able to instant message is great! Sometimes a phone call is not needed and an email can be unnecessary . So a quick instant message solves that problem!

Skype Business review by <span>Satishkumar G.</span>
Satishkumar G.

"An official service that is good - Not excellent"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup and availability to add users from other companies too.

Ability to sort and get those that we need to at the start

Having different groups really help to see who is online at a glance.

Skype touch gets us to use it as an unofficial program than an officially recognized one.

When the other user is not there, the message is sent as an email. We also know that the message is not read at that time

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it does NOT setup.

And all of a sudden it takes too much of system resources.

Opening a chat session sometimes takes forever.

How tough is it to retrieve my prior chat session? Everytime I open, it takes me a separate session. I am not sure it that is called Security.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can get it installed and using it, it is fine.

If there is issue with installation, then I am sorry.

In name of security, the speed and ease of use is greatly compromised.

Don't expect the speed and ease of use as Skype. But it will resemble Skype and make you feel comfortable.

The biggest problem that I face is mostly when I do not see my prior conversation.

A ready to use connectivity tool for the company.

Secure connection to those within the company.

Fast and trustworthy screen sharing and file sharing.

Skype Business review by <span>Guillermo V.</span>
Guillermo V.

"Good software for communication in the company"

What do you like best?

The integration with the active directory is pretty good, and the audio codecs have improved a lot since the product was know as Lync. You can set your status in the main window so your colleagues know is you are available, busy, away, in a conference call or in a meeting. If it's configured in your company, you can also call numbers outside the company and even in countries different that the one you are dialing from.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the connection could be something really frustrating, the other end can't hear you, and you have to re-enter the meeting so the problem with the audio can be fixed. Although the audio codecs have been greatly improved since the product was known as Lync, personally I think the audio is still better with the regular version of skype, but the Business version offers other features than only chatting and calling your skype contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The integration with the active directory is a great advantage as you do not have to manage users separately for the software, so a single management point for users greatly reduce the work you do in case you are the system admin.

We have multiple companies in different countries across America and Europe. With this software, the capabilities of communicating with anyone across the company has expanded and even with people on-the-go because they can use the mobile app to stay in touch with their co workers.

Skype Business review by <span>Kelsey M.</span>
Kelsey M.

"Okay Software, Never Reliable"

What do you like best?

That I am able to see if my coworkers are available or not. I like that I can also download the software onto my phone. It really makes working from home a better experience as it helps with communication. I also enjoy that I can go back and search what was in past conversations. That feature has helped me many times in going back and checking my notes.

What do you dislike?

When signed in on a browser, even when I am active, it tells coworkers 70% of the time that I am "away" even though I am there and active. It is affecting how I perform at work because when working from home, my manager HAS to see that I am active. I am not allowed to download the app on my computer, so this makes using the app in the browser extremely upsetting. Also, I get an email whenever I have conversations with coworkers about an hour later that has a subject line "missed convo while you were away" even though I was active in the conversation. I hate these emails and don't know how to turn it off! I am also confused on whether it is Lync or Skype. There was never really any warning to users about this branding/name change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let your coworkers know to be aware of your Lync software may automatically say youre "away" even when you are active.

It is easy to answer quick questions and less lengthy email chains. I am not having to yell across my cubicle to ask coworkers questions.

Skype Business review by <span>Stewart A.</span>
Stewart A.

"Great tool for internal business communication"

What do you like best?

I really like being able to see who is online and if they are in a call or a meeting. Allows for collaboration with people who are not in the office or in a different office. Phone calls are easy to answer and very clear.

You are able to share your screen for easy collaboration during meetings.

What do you dislike?

Because of it's connection to Outlook, sometimes it will lock open the Outlook file and I will have to quit the app and open outlook first.

Depending on where the other user is, sometimes pasting or copying a file for file sharing does not work. I then revert back to email to get the file to the correct person.

When adding a non-skype user to a meeting, it does not allow you to press the keypad for menu options like an extension.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using Lync, then the Skype for Business upgrade is a must!

This tool can be your phone, chat, screen share, and presentation software all in one. Does a great job.

Having it integrated into email and calendar is a great addition. It allows for quick creation of a Skype Meeting in the calendar.

We use Skype for Business as an internal messenger, internal phone system and external phone system. It allows me to take my desk phone with me anywhere and easy communication from colleagues.

Meetings are easier when we have people in different locations with screen sharing and allows for remote control as well.

Skype Business review by <span>Abdiel L.</span>
Abdiel L.

"Excelente chat para compañias"

What do you like best?

Es una herramienta muy practica para mantener el contacto con los compañeros del trabajo, tiene un excelente video chat incluido que permite ver el escritorio, así como el compartirlo. Es muy fácil compartir documentos, videos y archivos en general

What do you dislike?

Tiene un problema con el volumen de las llamadas que no es el mismo por default que el del equipo por lo que puede ser necesario tener que ajustarlo manualmente

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es una excelente herramienta

Me permite mantener el contacto con un equipo de desarrollo que se encuentra en otro estado. Puedo revisar rápidamente y de forma efectiva el avance de los desarrollos. Recomiendo ampliamante esta herramienta para cualquier compañia que necesite poder mantenerse en contacto rapido y eficiente con sus compañeros, asi como con clientes, la opcion de poder realizar conferencias en linea con personas que no tienen esta aplicacion es una opcion muy viable y muy practica para poder llevar el control reuniones donde se requiera poder compartir pantalla.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Skype Business review by <span>Keerthi Abinesh R.</span>
Keerthi Abinesh R.

"Best tool for communication"

What do you like best?

The ease with which I can use the software and the features it provides are of utmost useful to any employee or user who uses it. Multiple chats, conference calls, present your desktop and sharing your desktop and giving control to other users are the features which I think are the best I like about Skype for Business. It also provides the user to add favorite contacts and segregate them into different groups.

What do you dislike?

The most annoying thing about Skype for business is that the calendar sync is something we can't edit. The calendar feature is something it needs to be worked upon to make it work more smoothly than ever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one of the best conversational applications I have ever used. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to increase their productivity without wasting much time by visiting the person each time when we need some help.

The business problems which I solve through skype for business are connecting to other developers, QA's and customers or clients from other locations through a common platform and it also helps a user to share and ask doubts within a small amount of time without getting interrupted. These features have helped me as a user to work very smoothly to cross functional teams and get in touch with anyone from whom I can get help and easy to reach others. For example, I need to type their Id number to get the person's contact along with all their information if they work in same organisation.

Skype Business review by <span>Mannat  N.</span>
Mannat N.

"Very convenient and easy to use "

What do you like best?

The ease of screen share, instant calling and getting to know if someone is available.

What do you dislike?

The part I like is quite similar to part I dislike: Our availability is known to others.

Not a full-fledged VoIP platform. No integrated dial-in audio conference features. Online plans don't work with hardware phones.

If you find yourself cobbling together web conferencing tools, chat clients, and Skype to handle all your communication needs, then consider Microsoft Skype for Business to simplify your setup. Just don't expect a full-fledged VoIP servic

Recommendations to others considering the product

They can improve the features where I person who is currently offline can be messaged too! It will make life easy and better to connect.

I used Skype for Business ( formerly Lync) to instantly connect with my remote colleagues

Share ideas through screen share . Connecting large number of people : Allows contact of Skype users, phone numbers, and all employees within the organization. Video and audio recording in calls. Supports up to 250 attendees in a meeting.

When it comes to online communications, Skype is the de facto method. The service makes it effortlessly easy to call other users and video chat. Despite its advantages, however, Skype is very much a consumer video conferencing and Voice-over-IP (VoIP) service, and not a business one. With Microsoft Skype for Business (which begins at $2 per user per month, with additional fees), Microsoft is closing the gap.

Skype Business review by <span>Kurtis W.</span>
Kurtis W.

"Skype is Efficient"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business allows me to both chat and communicate with my colleagues in both a fun and professional manner that will document my conversations and chats.

What do you dislike?

Skype, as an overall company, has been faltering for years and has not caught-on with any sort of younger crowd than the Millennials. Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and other forms of communication that have been around for approximately the same amount of time have been winning over more users for years. Even the Millennial generation would rather use Facebook to communicate with somebody via "face to face" rather than Skype. This has translated into the business world where I would much rather send a Facebook message than Skype somebody. I cannot put a finger on when this happened, but I was almost surprised when our school district had a partnership with Skype Business 2016. I like Skype, but my first thought was, "Skype? Didn't I use that to communicate with my wife back in 2010 when we were dating long-distance for a time period?" I hope the company can continue to thrive as I'm sure they have in various sectors of the business world. I write this review not knowing where they stand internationally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype for Business is an easy and interactive way for colleagues to communicate with each other effectively during the day.

Usually, I am contacting teachers in chat format for quick answers that e-mail will not suffice.

Skype Business review by <span>Mimi F.</span>
Mimi F.

"Overall easy to use for messaging and calling"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up conference calls, and link them through email. It makes the whole service much easier. I am often speaking to people around the world, and having an easy link to call into makes things much better and easier to communicate.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that skype for business autosaves conversation history, and then deletes it periodically from the chat. It makes it difficult to scroll back through a conversation. Often, I'll value looking back to a conversation to see what was said, or collect information from a co-worker. It's frustrating that conversations from earlier in the day are automatically archived and can only be searchable via email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue working on the system more user friendly. I think that it has a nice interface but the chat functionality is not the most pleasant to work on, especially considering other messaging apps such as iMessage or Slack. I would be happier working on this if the interface was a bit more modern.

Multi-site meetings, conference calls, sharing screens and trouble shooting issues. Often, my colleagues and I will conduct presentations where we share our screens and analyze data together. it's much easier to look at this information when seeing someone else's presentation, even if they are across the world. I've really valued that.

Skype Business review by <span>Diego V.</span>
Diego V.

"Useful, but has lot of room for improvement"

What do you like best?

It is a great improvement from the previous communication tool that was used, but it is by no means perfect. I like that it also has a mobile application for when you're not quickly available at your desk, and that it also allows for both calls and file transfers.

What do you dislike?

It is very unreliable - at least on my company - I -am completely unable to log in using the desktop application at times. I have to rely on the mobile application, which is also far from perfect; I rarely get the notifications and usually check the app whenever I get the "offline message" email in Outlook.

Skype's contact search functionality is also extremely annoying - you would assume it would be used to search for contacts in your current contact book or Skype groups, but it searches throughout the entire directory without any prioritizing - so, unless you know the full name of the user you're looking for, you'll have a hard time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to set up your contacts in groups properly - in my company, looking for a user through the search functionality looks up at the entire contact book, without prioritizing your contacts themselves, which is extremely annoying.

Team communication that's not formal enough to warrant an e-mail.

Skype Business review by <span>Aida Josefina G.</span>
Aida Josefina G.

"Skype Para Negocios"

What do you like best?

La interfaz de usuario es muy intuitiva, lo que hace que el software sea muy fácil de usar. Skype for Business es el mejor software de comunicación para su trabajo diario. Literalmente me permite trabajar desde casa, mientras viajo o en la oficina.

Resulta muy fácil comunicarte con tus colegas y empleados de confianza cuándo no te encuentras en la oficina.

Su fusión con Microsoft Outlook, hace un paseo poder enviar invitaciones a mis colegas y por supuesto, a mis clientes.

What do you dislike?

Los pocos problemas que he tenido con el software se deben a problemas de conectividad, pero eso se debe principalmente a problemas de WiFi en el área en la que estoy trabajando en ese momento. Skype se ha convertido en una herramienta de trabajo muy importante, más allá de ampliar mi red comunicacional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype For Business, es la mejor opción para mentenerte conectado con tus empleados y con tus clientes en todo el mundo.! Recomendado 100%

Reduce el costo de las llamadas de negocios, reduce los costos de viajes de negocios, manténgase en contacto con los clientes, fácil de usar, movilidad, seguridad centralizada

Skype Business review by <span>Andrés Felipe G.</span>
Andrés Felipe G.

"Work from anywhere!"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very intuitive, making the software very easy to use. Skype for Business (Lync) is by far the best communication software for your daily work. It literally allows me to work from home, while traveling or at the office.

Skype for Business makes it easy to get a hold of your colleagues, either by chat or by calling them directly. It shows who is online, who is in a meeting, who is presenting. It´s amazing!

It´s integration with Microsoft Outlook is flawless, making it very easy to send invitations to my colleagues and customers alike without any issues.

What do you dislike?

I rated it a 10 because there´s not much I would change about it. The few issues I´ve faced with the sofware are due to connectivity issues but that is mainly due to wifi problems in the area that I´m working from at that instant.

The one thing I think they could improve is the process to connect to Skype for Business session from a telephone. The process can be a little confusing for a few of my customers who are not Tech Savy, but appart from that the application is brilliant!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It´s the best communications solution for Business. To keep in touch with customers and colleagues, for meetings and so that you can work from anywhere. This is the best software avaliable.

Work from anywhere! Home, Airports, Hotels, Office. It doesn´t matter, my laptop/cellphone has everything I need when I have Skype for Business installed.

Easily communicate with colleagues

Send meeting for customers and colleagues to easily attend to

Skype Business review by <span>Zhifeng K.</span>
Zhifeng K.

"Doesn't get the job done"

What do you like best?

It's directly integrated into the Office 365 suite, and automatically inserts convenience actions - for example, you can directly initiate a meeting invite with the Skype dial-in details from Outlook.

What do you dislike?

Practically everything else.

As an IM client, it's abysmal. I have the mobile app on my iPhone 7, but the conversation histories on my desktop client and my iOS app don't sync. Even the real-time conversation doesn't sync. This means I can have a conversation with the same person on both devices AT THE SAME TIME and they will have partially sync'ed message histories, but never fully synced. How is it possible this can happen? Thus, the only way to retrieve the full conversation history is to browse to the Conversations folder IN OUTLOOK, where it's stored the moment you go idle for more than 2 minutes in a session.

You can't send files through Skype for Business. Don't even think about sending images either. This makes collaboration a complete inconvenience, because you have to rely on Outlook to send media or documents. And if you work in an industry that is very particular about IT security, like banking, then I feel sorry for you because you can't even rely on other, better, file sharing and collaboration platforms like Slack, Box, or Dropbox.

The application crashes at least once a week, usually more.

The web conferencing features are similarly abysmal. There are a few major problems with its web conferencing capabilities, I'll go through the ones I can remember here.

A) Are you meeting someone from outside your organization? Good luck. No one uses Skype for Business in the rest of the world. What will happen is that you'll spend 15 minutes at the beginning of your conference call figuring out that your external party can't dial in, and everyone will get all stressed and frustrated in the process of quickly jumping onto another conferencing platform, and you will be late, and your meeting time will be reduced, and the outcome is just negative all around.

Actually, external users can dial in to your Skype for Business meeting... IF your company's IT team has enabled this feature. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-an-external-contact-in-Skype-for-Business-b42d26d0-82d5-4aa6-901f-aeab00b15650

And if they also have Skype for Business, they might be on the wrong version, or their IT team might have configured the federation policy differently, and you'll still spend 15 minutes figuring out that you can't both dial in to the same service. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/allowing-external-users-join-your-skype-business-meetings-saad-/

B) No webinar features. Are you trying to brief your management or team leads on the latest X or Y, or have that quarterly town hall? Guess what, Skype for Business has no dedicated webinar functionality. This means that:

i) You have no attendance analytics.

ii) You have to MANUALLY mute all audience members, and you have to remember to do this otherwise that one person playing music in the background or using that extremely loud keyboard will disrupt the entire webinar. And anyway, they can just unmute themselves.

iii) No organized way of handling questions, or "hand raising" functionality.

C) I already said this, but it isn't stable. It regularly crashes, or the presenter will suddenly mute.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't bother, even if your company installs it on your machine by default. Use Slack and Zoom instead.

Instant messaging

Group chat

Collaborative work (requiring media/document/file exchange, sharing of screenshots, etc.)

Conference calls and meetings

Webinars

Skype Business review by <span>Luca V.</span>
Luca V.

"Online communicaton at a higher level"

What do you like best?

- Easy to Use

- Fast

- Provide an easily method for connect all the employee within the organization

- Video and Call quality is really good (except some delay and low quality in certain situation)

- Meetings can take place between a very large number of people

What do you dislike?

- It consumes high internet bandwidth

- No integrated dial-in audio conference features

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can define Skype for Business a de facto method in online communication.

It have a familiar GUI, its easy to use and to configure. Video and voice quality overall it's more than good. It's a bit expensive for big company but the expense is fully justified from the quality of the software.

With it we solved our communication problems with clients / vendors / and in general it allow us to be more efficient when talking about client support or conference meeting.

For us it's definitive solution!

Skype Business review by <span>raj c.</span>
raj c.

"the sound quality of Microsoft Skype for Business (formerly Lync)"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Skype for Business also provides other advanced features, such as:

Unlimited Number of Meetings

It helps in free online meetings for up to 10 participants, whether they have the subscription or not.

2. Built-In IM

Instant messages can be shared during business meetings for discussing new ideas.

3. URL Invites

Users can send invitation to every participant with a personalized link.

4. PowerPoint Upload

PowerPoint upload is possible with interactive tools along with highlighting, annotation and laser pointer.

5. Whiteboarding

Participants can draft, edit and brainstorm together with the help of the whiteboarding feature.

6. Custom Built Accessories

Meetings can be simplified with features like HD cameras, USB speakerphones and headset.

Skype is awesome if you've a good computer and a good video card to encode/decode, like that it's really fluid, without it, it bugs.Skype is a consumer brand.,High level security. End-to-end security with minimum impact on application performance. The system implements a multi-layer security data transport.

What do you dislike?

you would need a Windows OS if you chose Skype for Business an important communication tool in your workplace. This is how Microsoft strategically does on other competitive platforms. Bad performance, high price and limited features on Mac are what you have heard the most.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As of this writing Microsoft Lync, a suite of unified communication products for the workplace, is now part of Microsoft's Skype business unit.

Reduces the cost of business calls,Reduce your business travel costs,Stay in touch with customers,User-friendly,Mobility,Centralized security,

Skype Business review by <span>Tom C.</span>
Tom C.

"Review of Skype for Business"

What do you like best?

The most applicable and best part of Skype for Business is the conversation/chat function. In a fast paced environment, it is much more casual and easy to use compared to email or picking up the phone. It is also nice to see the status of my colleagues and whether they are at their desk, in a meeting, or available to call or chat with. The interface is easy to use and I like the size of the window as it automatically uploads. There is no need for the window to be full screen, but its not too small so that it interferes with other windows open on my screens.

What do you dislike?

At first, it was very frustrating that Skype would open every time I started up my computer. This setting that they have implemented should need to be turned on first, rather than Skype assuming I want this application to open every time my computer turns on. I think this same setting needs to be applied to the availability feature. Rather than Skype assuming I'm available because I'm active on my computer, I'd like to turn on the available setting whenever I actually am available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out some of the features that Skype for Business offers with a close friend or coworker in your office first so that you can experience the ease of use. It will open the door to more fluid conversation.

Skype for Business has helped me easily contact and talk with colleagues as I need to throughout my work day. It has opened the door to more fluid and rapid conversation that ultimately leads to more productivity and work being done. The benefits speak for themselves in terms of more production, but I also think that it has led to a more conversant environment in my office and employees that interact more openly with each other than before.

Skype Business review by <span>Kimberly B.</span>
Kimberly B.

"Skype Review"

What do you like best?

Skype's greatest feature is that it allows you to easily connect and converse with people that are both inside and outside of your department, or even to get in touch with individuals across the world. Some additional favorable features are speed, price (free), its instant message capabilities, as well as its flexibility. Lastly, it is also consistent across many businesses, and thus, can easily translate across many different industries.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike about Skype at work is that it constantly notifies you when someone is trying to reach out to you. This can be a huge distraction at work. Other disadvantages tied to this product include: the need for fast and reliable internet service, limited customer service availability when issues arise, and call quality sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommendations for others considering Skype would be to set it up immediately for any clients working remotely, since this platform's greatest feature is that it can be used across the entire company, even if your employees work across the globe. It is truly the best way to connect with employees inside and outside your department.

Benefits include: opens up conversation with colleagues when you cannot physically get in touch with them. Another problem solved via skype: screen sharing.

Skype Business review by <span>Vaishnavi R.</span>
Vaishnavi R.

"Review on Skype for business"

What do you like best?

I like the feature of finding the organization details of the employee through contact cards

What do you dislike?

During conference calls, I often face difficulty with connectivity issues.

I also dislike the fact that we cannot have a permanent group within Skype.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a good tool for collaboration within employees. It integrates with Outlook easily and gives reminders on pending meeting. You can add contacts and categorize them as favorites, work, friends etc. You can also tag for status alert change. Suppose one of your contacts is offline or away and you want to ping them once you are online, you don't have to constantly monitor them. You can tag the contact and you will be alerted on the change of status. The audio calls in skype are decent. The screen share facility works perfectly well.You can also record meetings and they are stored in skype for business recording manager,which helps to organize recording.You can attend meeting from skype directly. The tab at the end lists the meetings of the day and helps the user in scheduling their day.The statues like "do not disturb","busy"."appear away" keeps your productivity throughout the day.

The mobile version of skype for business runs continuously and drains the battery. It doesn't pop messages real time as well.Hence,its a lot down.

Otherwise,its a good collaboration tool.

It helps communicate amongst employees of a company. It s a great tool to reach out to employes if they are online.

Skype Business review by <span>Mark B.</span>
Mark B.

"Too many issues to put in one review"

What do you like best?

Compared to WebEx, nothing. Compared to not having anything, perhaps the integration with Office 365 (although that's been problematic as well).

What do you dislike?

1. A number of our clients get a black screen when we try to share a screen or a desktop.

2. Outlook crashes regularly when trying to schedule a meeting using the "New Skype Meeting" button in Outlook.

3. Clients that operate in a Citrix environment can't join the audio or the video conferencing.

4. For the few clients we have that can see our screen sharing, there is often a latency of several minutes on screen updates. The presenter may be moving around or changing screens but the attendees are still seeing the previous screen.

5. The audio quality when going through computer microphones and speakers has been really poor. Headsets help if you have them. But, if you don't, I recommend doing the audio through some other means if you have it.

6. There are other minor issues. Generally speaking, it's been terribly unreliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, my recommendation would be to use WebEx instead. We used WebEx for many years without any issues. We have had issues with Skype since day one.

We switched to Skype for business because of its integration with Office 365, which will save us several thousand dollars a month. But, it's been such a black eye for us with our clients that the long-term cost (in lost business) will likely outweigh the savings.

Skype Business review by <span>Sharath S.</span>
Sharath S.

"Its so helpful in staying intouch with my collegues that i can't think of any other app without it."

What do you like best?

The instant chat is very impressive that I can contact my colleagues in a jiffy.I recommend strongly for internal communication to all business were the teams are large in number and people work from remote location and By skype all the team members can be connected seamlessly.

Conference calls and presentations are very easy to make. At times file sharing and downloading is very easy and very fast.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes takes a long time to log in and hangs in between on slow connections. At times audio quality is very poor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Instant communication and remote presentation are very helpful especially for sales professionals.

Skype Business review by <span>Nellie S.</span>
Nellie S.

"Skype is awesome"

What do you like best?

Love the ease of use for the software. Easy to communicate and collaborate with your team members, no matter where you are. Send IM's, start voice or video calls and schedule meetings. Get messages across desktop, cell phone or email. Integrates with other Microsoft apps. Video conferencing is great when team members are not in the same location (across the country or world) and reduces the call expense. Skype offers unified communications system with multiple formats including video conferencing, telephone, im's and email, all available in a single platform. Receiving missed messages in email also allows nothing to be missed. It has increased in value for revenue and opportunities throughout the enterprise. Authentication allows for complete security in an enterprise environment. Usage on phones is amazing feature.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it drops connections for sharing. Initial sign in (if you dont know right credentials) can be a hassle. Sometimes more than a certain amount of people cannot login. Sometimes the deployment process is complicated from an IT stand point. Using skype from computer microphone is not the best noise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a great software that is easy to use. it helps team members immensely communicating without having to travel, keep walking to each others offices, etc. Super easy to schedule meetings from office365 outlook application.

Having a single platform where business users can send instant messages, schedule meeting, video conference and collaborate. Its a great tool and relatively easy to use.

Skype Business review by <span>Brian C.</span>
Brian C.

"Skype - The Gateway to your Team"

What do you like best?

I like the ease at which Skype for Business interacts with other applications especially the Microsoft suite of applications. I love how easy it is to post a file, picture to the team that I am talking with.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike with Skype for Business application. If I was to pic one thing it would be on initially setting up your settings and then the ease at which these can be updated as they change. This is a relatively small thing but if I had to pick this would be it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow for easier mobile application on phones

The problems that we are trying to solve with Skype for Business is in increasing the ability for team members across sites and indeed within sites to communicate to each other. Email is not always the best form of communication and having the ability to chat or use the video conferencing at will helps with the communication between team mates.

Skype Business review by <span>Joe H.</span>
Joe H.

"Great VOIP/Messaging/Collaboration Tool"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to stay connected with team members - we rely on this tool almost exclusively for VOIP, messaging and screen sharing. Being tied into Outlook, you can easily see at a glace people's statuses (Online, Away, Off Work, etc). In general, it's just very well thought-out software.

What do you dislike?

Really the only thing I can think of is that it's heavily dependent on the network quality. While I can't blame Skype for Business for any network latencies, it can be really frustrating when calls lag or drop out. Not sure if there's better ways of handling inconsistent network quality.

In extreme cases (or sometimes when meeting with offshore resources) we still rely on WebEx.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Being a Microsoft shop, Skype for Business just integrates well with everything we use. I really enjoy the functionality of the software.

- Ease of communication between co-workers (everything from quick "text" messages to VOIP calls)

- Ease of sharing screens for presentations, troubleshooting and testing

Skype Business review by <span>Elizabeth S.</span>
Elizabeth S.

"Great Internal Communication Tool"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see whether or not colleagues are in their offices. It is helpful to quickly message them and receive an instant reply, while still being able to have access to my email and phone. Overall, it has been a good tool to help with our internal communications between the departments. It is helpful to be able to hop on at any time of the day and message a co-worker.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how it is integrated with the phone system. Sometimes, they disconnect and it causes issues. It is helpful to remember to turn the sound on your computer or somtimes you get messages without knowing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend considering this tool. It is a helpful business solution. Makes sure it syncs well with the phones and other technology.

We are easily able to communicate across campus and offices. We can ask quick questions to colleagues, if we need an answer while we are on the phone or answering an email. It is very helpful for getting information and also viewing availability of co-workers or messaging multiple co-workers. I also like having pictures of each person on my screen when I am using the software. It is helpful because sometimes we interact infrequently with each other and I can't place a face and a name and an occupation all together. It is also very simple to use. There is not special knowledge required. Very user friendly.

Skype Business review by <span>Sara P.</span>
Sara P.

"Excellent connection tool for an office"

What do you like best?

The app associated with the Skype for Business software is a huge draw, because it keeps the user connected to colleagues whether on the computer in the office or out at lunch or in a meeting. The quick chat function allows easy access for short conversations, and the call and video call functions give the user the ability to discuss and display more detailed situations.

What do you dislike?

This may be the way my company has set it up, but I don't like how the app always pushes my status to other users. Sometimes this is beneficial for colleagues to know whether you are available or in a meeting, but often it feels much too much like a "big brother".

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product gives your company a wide range of assets. The ability to chat quickly helps employees stay connected over little things, the call and video call feature is crucial for collaborative projects, and the synchronization with Outlook adds extra info as you use both applications.

With our entire department having the capability to work from home, Skype for Business allows us to stay connected even when we are in different places. The integration with Outlook has been wonderful, because it gives more contact detail and status indications as I write an email.

Skype Business review by <span>Rachael C.</span>
Rachael C.

"Great tool for staying connected to co-workers"

What do you like best?

I like that I can quickly see if a co-worker is at their computer, on the phone or in a meeting. I use the screen sharing feature a lot when I need to take control of an end-user's computer in order to resolve an IT support issue. Most often, I can resolve the issue remotely in less than time than it would take for me to walk to their desk.

What do you dislike?

The call quality of the Skype for Business calls can be an issue at times. Our company runs into a lot of issues with headsets not working at all times when connected to Skype calls.

My entire team resides in another state. The video conferencing feature allows us to get to know each others mannerisms and personalities in a way that would not be possible via email, chat and phone calls. It is nice to see the faces of the folks that you work with.

Skype Business review by <span>Susan R.</span>
Susan R.

"Worked Great before Microsoft got it"

What do you like best?

I've been using it so long that I know it well. It's an application almost everyone has, and the free version works just fine. Good list of

What do you dislike?

Never sure if I'm going to accidentally start calling someone--the UI is confusing and there's no confirmation for making a call. I've clicked a button trying to chat or just look at a transcript and ended up initiating a call. This causes social anxiety.

Also, not sure if people who show up on my list of contacts are actual Skype contacts or were mined from my contacts list. I don't like how nosey the application is.

The camera is also problematic. Several times I thought I had it turned off, but it was on. It shouldn't automatically assume you want to make a video call. Allow us to proactively turn the camera on if we want a camera. That being said, the times I did want the camera, it was hard to find the way to turn it on. The whole UI is non-intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

do some user testing to make the UI much more intuitive. Find out how your users are actually using this product and design for that.

I use it to make any conference calls or international calls, to run team meetings.

Skype Business review by <span>Ralfs G.</span>
Ralfs G.

"A convenient tool for communication between colleagues and customers"

What do you like best?

Previously, we used the usual Skype in our work, but we came to the conclusion that its functionality is not enough for full-fledged work. Having signed up for Skype for Business, we realized that we can communicate with customers with ordinary Skype and at the same time got the opportunity to use the program on any devices, organize communication in groups, discuss problems directly from letters. Equally important for us was the ability to distribute roles among employees, as well as integration with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Exchange Server. Great application! Check it out! Bearly any issues with it!

What do you dislike?

Can be quirky when it comes to setting up video and audio. Sometimes even an update to the audio or video components can cause us to have to reconfigure the settings. Sometimes the application can make your device laggy, and that could be very obnoxious sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is easy to use. The pricing on it is inexpensive. The features are many. Aside from video chat, desktop sharing is my favorite tool.

The ability to message & get information quickly as well as set-up quick meetings with other users. Many times I have been on the phone and needed an answer from an employee in the office, and messaging them through SKYPE allowed me to get the information quick instead of having to put the person on hold or have to call them back. Very great application, would insist to use. Doesn't have many problems with it so it's fine.

Skype Business review by <span>Jhonatan A.</span>
Jhonatan A.

"Lync is the defacto messanging tool for business"

What do you like best?

I think Lync is a great take on the original msn messenger that this is clearly based on. Along with the emoticons, status updates, friend lists with pictures it reminds me a lot of MSN but with more seriousness. Lync is definitely a tool that is beneficial for business communications and something i use every day. It is sometimes a better and faster alternative than sending out an email, which the person may or may not see in time. With Lync I can ping the person I need to talk to and they get a notification right away. You can even change the subject of the instant message you are about to send which is a nifty feature that comes in handy when messaging someone you are not familiar with.

What do you dislike?

While Lync is great for what it does, it does have some small things I dislike. For example, if you set your status as away, it will immediately say you have been away for 5 minutes even if you just set it. This can be annoying, especially if you are someone working on the clock and every minute you take counts. The emoticons could also use a bit of an update, with some that don't make any sense or don't have any purpose in the business world (I'm looking at you sheep emoticon). Overall it is perfect for what it is, a business messenger, but it can use a few improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you set your automatic away to more than 5 minutes, if you have to run somewhere that will be quick and don't want to be seen as away, then definitely change the timer as Lync will not only show you as away, but will show you as away more than 5 minutes even if you just left.

The business problems that Lync solved was speeding up communications with other people/departments. Sending an email is still the go-to tool for communication, but it is not the fastest tool. Sometimes you need an answer right away and using Lync you can contact the point person for your trouble and get it resolved. It also helps that you can share your desktop and even let the other person control it, which is great for troubleshooting and IT issues.

Skype Business review by <span>Philip K.</span>
Philip K.

"Skype for business works on Corp level"

What do you like best?

in our large company with multiple locations, staying in touch is a challenge. Different business groups use different tools, so I like to be able to communicate easily with them using Skype for Business Skype also works seamlessly with our Exchange Org to keep employees linked together.

What do you dislike?

It's not always easy to login to Skype. The newer versions have improved this issue, so I'd say it's getting better

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your Microsoft Admins know Exchange and how Skype works within that org.

We have multiple business units that work together, but are not physically located together. Skype helps us stay in touch within a few keystrokes, and also allows us to cut our communication lag down to minutes rather than hours or days. We have also found that Skype helps us use our existing Microsoft Exchange hierarchy to assist in login issues, and automatically associate individuals in the Corporate organization.

Skype Business review by <span>Christopher K.</span>
Christopher K.

"Great tool for inter-office communication and Video Conferencing"

What do you like best?

It is included with your Office 365 Subscriptions in most cases, it is easy to setup and has a wide variety of features that come with it. The ability to do a video conference off any device (iPhone, PC, MAC, Android) and the video quality is great. It also does not use a lot of bandwidth unlike other collaboration tools. This is an all-one tool that meets most if not all our collaboration needs.

What do you dislike?

Not every organization uses it or knows how to use it so that can cause some issues when trying to do a video conference with that party. Thats really my biggest complaint. I wish Microsoft would push it a little more and make it easier for small/medium businesses to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When looking at other IM and collaboration tools be sure to look at a tool that gives you an all in one package. Skype for Business gives you IM, video Conferencing, etc. all in one application.

We needed a tool to collaborate instantly with fellow co-workers at different locations throughout our city. We also needed a cost efficient video conferencing system that didn't require a separate fee or extra fees. Being a government organization money is a little hard to come by. Also with our project teams we now have instant messaging so we can multitask while collaborating with project steak-holders and sponsors.

Skype Business review by <span>Megan Z.</span>
Megan Z.

"Works well for quick office communication"

What do you like best?

I like that I can talk to my co-workers while I am in a meeting or can't make it to their office without having to call or email them. The instant messaging helps to get quick answers that you otherwise may have had to wait for a response.

What do you dislike?

If you don't already have it open and then you get a message, it pops up on your screen. I have been in presentations from my computer and then the message pops up for all to see, so it can be tricky for privacy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This works great for a quick commuication method. If you have staff that need to connect but informally, this is a great route to go. Instead of running to my co-workers office or calling them all of the time, I can get a quick reply without much interruption to them.

Faster communication has been a problem we are solving. It has been very helpful to do a quick chat during meetings when you normally wouldn't have been able to talk across the room or from a different site.

Skype Business review by <span>Michelle K.</span>
Michelle K.

"Easy to use and great for supervisory work!"

What do you like best?

I love how simple skype is to use with my team of agents. I have a persistent chat that allows them to each join the chat once they get into work. I like that regardless if I am off, I can log in and am able to see all of the previous conversations. My favorite part is that they are capable of sharing their screen through the application and provide me full control. This allows me to assist them from my desk and is great to use for training.

What do you dislike?

One thing that can be quite annoying is unexpected outages which occasionally prevent me from submitting text into the chat. Another thing I dislike is that I am not always able to track previous conversations unless it is a persistent chat. I am able to retrieve some but not all of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent tool to use with businesses and I highly recommend it for call centers.

The main benefit is the screen sharing capabilities. I love that I am capable of saving time by providing visual training to agents (singularly or groups) without walking away from my office. I have also learned the benefits of a persistent chat. I am able to view previous conversations easily and track my teams online chat behaviors.

Skype Business review by <span>Ankush P.</span>
Ankush P.

"Better than MS Lync but crashes ta lot"

What do you like best?

UI is cool. Navigation is easy. Integration with Outlook calendar is good.

What do you dislike?

-- The Phone app is a big failure crashes so frequently.

-- File sharing was much better on Lync and pathetic on skype.

-- Call quality is poor too. Person goes on automatic mute at random times so something wrong with the software

-- In order to view meetings, one has to sign in again via exchange credentials.

-- Search for names is slow in Skype. Lync was quite responsive

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Phone app is total nuisance and doesnt work most of the times and crashes randomly but it enables screen sharing which is a plus point. One can view presenters screen even via phone app.

-- It was an auto upgrade from Lync to Skype

-- Avaya Desk phones have been completely replaced with skype. Thats a big benefit. It made free another ethernet port that was being used for Avaya VOIP desk phones

-- Joining conferences is much easier.

Skype Business review by <span>Pauline W.</span>
Pauline W.

"Worst application I’m forced to use everyday "

What do you like best?

I like that it integrates seemlessly with outlook. It's really easy to send out an invite and add the Skype video/call link. You just have to press a button (assuming you're signed in and it hasn't kicked you offline out of nowhere).

What do you dislike?

It signs me out constantly but gives not indication that I’m signed out. I only realize that I’m not connected when people tell me they’ve been trying to message me. To reconnect I’m forced to close the app and reopen and re-sign in. I do this countless times throughout the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Huge pain points. The entire company hates it. I've heard it can work perfectly for small organizations, but our huge company is definitely taxing its abilities to provide good reliable services. If your entire team is using Windows software and you're looking for a cheap way to handle messaging, then I understand why you would consider this software. BUT I know there are better applications out there.

Messaging and video conferencing

Skype Business review by <span>Pablo L.</span>
Pablo L.

"Good qualitys to be the best "

What do you like best?

In my way of think , this program has very good caracteristics to be the best communication tool . Is so simple , has all the tool for comunicate with a client , a co-worker or even to keep in touch with your friends.

The web conference is a good feature to integrate teamworks for a call. The queality of the audio conference is pretty good and don't get stock. Using it in all my device i really helpfull , in my phone , my computer , is a cool way to don't miss importarn calls.

What do you dislike?

This tool works fine in other windows but windows 10 , in fact i have this in my computer an allways gets freeze while updating the conversation.The video conference calls has to improve because , the image qualitty is pretty defficent and a waste of time to do it , is better call. Other feature that i think is a litle bit of trouble is that yo can't use it with other skype acounts , just can have as a contact bussines skype contact., regular skype contact don't work on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What i recommed is that use it under windows 7 platform , even windows 8 or windows 8.1 is going to be a litle bit of trouble to work with.

Reach out to all the menbers of the team and make better contact with all of them at he same time.To use it as a education tool for a customer , maybe runing a demo is excellent.

Skype Business review by <span>Charles S.</span>
Charles S.

"Skype for Business"

What do you like best?

Skype for business is simply a wonderful chat client. It is used across our whole organization (7 different locations). With this program all employees can communicate and see the current status of each employee showing them away, available, in a meeting, etc. This allows for efficiency within the company.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything negative to say about Skype for Business. It's just great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your organization is currently using another solution or simply does not have a chat client, please have a look at Skype for business. Your manager won't be disappointed!

Skype for business has made our whole company more productive, and saved us countless hours. Not having to stand up and walk to someone's desk is wonderful. The video conferencing features are extensive. We use the video portion heavily but the whiteboard and IM features work great too for better collaboration. Screen sharing is also a very useful feature.

Skype Business review by <span>Jason A.</span>
Jason A.

"Skype is grown up!"

What do you like best?

Skype for business is a very versatile tool which, when paired with a Microsoft Active Directory environment, helps to connect each member of a company in a unique way. This helps companies and teams collaborate where their teams do not all work together or live in the same area.

For users who have Skype for home, this is definitely not the same tool Lots of great integration for business users and functionality which really makes the application much more useable for business.

What do you dislike?

In our company's rollout, it is a bit shaky, in that some of our meetings do not always connect the way you'd expect them to. The audio hook up is good, but you need to understand a little bit about how your computer handles headsets and microphones. There is also a stigma about using Skype since there's a consumer product. While this isn't the same tool, the pro

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a Microsoft based office, Skype will serve to enhance the tools they have already. Skype brings presence, and instant communication to your users in SharePoint, Outlook, etc. Lots of great connections for Microsoft houses.

Presence, connection in and out of the office, a new easy method for scheduled or impromptu meetings. Being able to work with each other to look at documents, or screens, and get quick help and feedback on tools and projects. Its integration with Microsoft applications really is a game changer.

Skype Business review by <span>Román P.</span>
Román P.

"Excellent enterprise IM software"

What do you like best?

It's a really complete IM software. Really intuitive and stable.

It provides a lot of features really important in every kind of company. You can make video-conference, screen sharing, schedule meeting, etc.

The software has a very good integration with Office and Windows. For example, if you lock your PC, Lync detects that and set automatically your status to away. That maybe sound trivial, but it's really useful.

What do you dislike?

One thing I would like to change, is the possibility of integration with regular Skype. Maybe that is something that no everyone wants, but it would be nice to have the option to enable it.

In addition, it's kind of annoying to share a file in a multi-people conference. Because it is managed as an attachment, and sometimes the participants don't notice they receive a file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a Microsoft Office user, this is the best choice for sure.

The company which I work for, have used this software for several years. Since then, the communication between offices and countries has really improved. When you enroll in the company, you already have the complete list of coworkers in your contact list.

With Skype for Business, you can rest easy to block the rest of distracting IM software. It's very common to have the coworkers wasting the time with personal chats. If you use Skype for Business, you will no longer need allow the use of others IM software.

Skype Business review by <span>Carson B.</span>
Carson B.

"Skype for Business: A Great Tool"

What do you like best?

I love that with Skype Business, you can search for anyone within the company and immediately identify if they are available, busy, or not in the office. Rather than having to send an email, this allows you to send a quick message and receive and even quicker response.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I think Skype works well. A few times there are glitches and it shuts down unexpectedly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product for business users. It is a great tool that is easy to use, quick and efficient.

Skype for Business allows the issue of distance to become void. I can send a quick message to someone in a different plant quicker than it would take to write an email or phone call. Often associates cannot answer a phone call but can respond quickly with short skype message.

Skype Business review by <span>Austin L.</span>
Austin L.

"Skype for Business makes non face-to-face meeting easy!"

What do you like best?

Easy to connect with your co-workers for both short questions using the chat/text like component and complex ones using the window or desktop sharing functionality. Having statuses allows you to know if and when you can communicate with your colleagues and provides information to tell your colleagues when you are available or why you might not be able to respond quickly. Sharing material like presentation an electronic document files is actually much more practical then going to someone's desk and hovering over their shoulder or trying to crowding multiple people around one monitor. And last, but not least there is a web app!

What do you dislike?

It seems like a very strong internet connection is required to consistently use voice and sharing. I find it easier to call on a cell phone and share the material vs doing both.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works great if you are already using the MS ecosystem especially with Office 365. Much more practical in today's environment where most documents are electronic and do not require or desire printing.

Skype supports remote working and removes the need to print and hovering around one desk. It also works really well with dual monitors as I can have the share on one screen while I simultaneously pull up a related or supporting document on my other screen to follow along or supplement their information.

Skype Business review by <span>Austin T.</span>
Austin T.

"Excellent Office 365 Integration"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Skype for Business is its integration with Office 365. It lets the IT administrator have centralized control over the software and the way it functions. This way it can be rolled out to all users at once. It also functions as a conferencing tool which could replace a solution like GoToMeeting for some companies. For a small fee, you can start a conference with a call-in number that participants can use if they don't use Skype. Administrators also have control over whether their users can communicate with Skype for Business users from other organizations.

What do you dislike?

The core of the product is based off of very old software. Microsoft just re branded it. It can be slow at times, and certainly doesn't seem as modern as the consumer version of Skype. Other issues include messages disappearing and not being notified when someone messages you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe this product will be discontinued in 2018 and merged into Microsoft Teams. I would get started with Teams instead of Skype for Business since it has nearly all the instant messaging functionality but might be missing a couple of minor features.

It serves as a centralized communication tool that is easy to administer. There is some overlap between this and Microsoft Teams. It is useful as a conferencing platform that is comparable to GoToMeeting. Its tight integration into the Office ecosytem means it can pull calendar/availability information from the user's account automatically to display to other users.

Skype Business review by <span>Sarina C.</span>
Sarina C.

"Skype Lync "

What do you like best?

I like the look of skype vs the old lync. The fact that we can use emoticons is funny and adds to the conversation when you are trying to have a professional but friendly conversation with someone. It also allows for your tone to not get lost in the mix with it being an IM versus a phone conversation. also adds a little humor to a conversation.

What do you dislike?

issues logging on when not vpn'd at start. It is frustrating when my computer tries to auto sign onto to Skype when I am not VPN'd in but when I go to actually log in after being VPN'd it will not connect. In this case, I have to completely close the program and then sign-on again so that I am able to get logged into the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is nice that it logs in your conversations to your email, utilize that as a tracking method if you need a quick response. It allows you to ultimately use this as a quick option instead of email and still have a tracking method. If you do not have on sound, be careful that it only lights up rather than pops up (unless it is an initial msg) so you may miss a message if you aren't looking for the blinking light.

Able to get quicker responses from coworkers versus waiting for an email. Allows for quick answers on quick questions

Skype Business review by <span>Robyn B.</span>
Robyn B.

" Staff Communication"

What do you like best?

The emoji's are a cute way to communicate with people. I love the ability to change up the font and colors so you can make it more personable. The screen share ability helps when tech support needs to access my computer to trouble shoot. While in a chat with another person you can click "present" and the other person can accept to access your screen. The options for Video calling and adding multiple people to a chat are also available. This allows quick and easy group conferences.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing that I do not like with it as it is a very streamlined chat and screen sharing system. It does exactly what is needed to keep your team productive.

It is how we communicate with other team members when on a call so we can supply answers quickly. It ha a non intrusive way to keep connected with your team.

Skype Business review by <span>Chrissy I.</span>
Chrissy I.

"Best tool for easily connecting with international colleagues"

What do you like best?

-The Skype for Business VoIP software is great for connecting with overseas colleagues who are within your work network, without having to type in international codes and cross your fingers.

-It enables you to see which of your colleagues are online and available to send a quick message to, or call with one click.

-This software allows you to easily add users to an instant message conversation and share your screen to collaborate remotely (one of my favorite and most frequently-used features)

-You can connect to your Outlook calendar and remotely call in to meetings with one click

What do you dislike?

-This tool is not easy to use when connecting with outside customers or partners who are not familiar with the setup. If I sent a meeting notice to external parties and include Skype call-in information, more often than not, they end up calling or texting my cell phone to tell me they're having trouble connecting. It's just not user-friendly if you're not accustomed to the tool.

-This also has the standard issue that all VoIP phones have of losing your call when you lose internet connection. This is particularly challenging when I'm using my phone to contact an IT Help Desk, and then I have to do a system reboot and it drops my call.

The best way to solve business problems using this tool is through the screen-sharing capabilities. When trying to describe a question or have a colleague walk you through a document, all you have to do is select "share desktop" and you can easily select if you want to share your primary or secondary monitor. Many times, I've worked through presentations and talking points and held complete working meetings using the screen-sharing, alone.

Skype Business review by <span>Raliat O.</span>
Raliat O.

"All in One"

What do you like best?

Very convenient... I like that all my contacts, voicemail, text, and everything else's a all in one place

What do you dislike?

That my phone line is computer based. If my Skype isn't working it's hard to call IT

Recommendations to others considering the product

My company previously used Lync as an add on feature to our communication system while we still had desk phones. When we moved to a new office, we wanted something that fit our new office design, it is an open floor plan with several focus rooms. So we fully merged all communications in Skype for Business. This was great because employees are able pick up there laptops which is now their phone and move freely in the office. I like the convenience of having everything all in one, however if you have computer issues, you lose both access to the internet and to the phone line.

Another great feature is that you can always access your office phone line and if you miss a call, you get an email of the voice message audio.

There are very few things that could be enhanced such as the call history tab, it has a noticeable delay when loading and can sometimes be a bit confusing. Another would be to enhance the group contact list feature and an option to filter a contact search.

Overall, I am happy that we made the switch to Skype for Business.

Convenience, your office is wherever your laptop is. Great for never missing a. Call if you working away from your desk

Skype Business review by <span>Krystine G.</span>
Krystine G.

"Keep the improvements coming"

What do you like best?

I like that it is an Office 365 program which means it can be used directly from the online browser when I am traveling. It automatically pulls in all business e-mails which is nice. Being able to see everyone's location is also a plus since we don't all work in the same location and having a general idea of where everyone is can be useful.

What do you dislike?

The interface isn't as seamless as the standard Skype version. You have to click around a few times to get to some functions. Conversations disappear after a certain time too, although there is a way to dredge them back up. I haven't had a successful screensharing session yet; there is a lot of lag and it kicks the call off sometimes. There are also some issues with audio when video conferencing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a solid option if you are already using Office 365. If you aren't using Office 365, there are other solutions out there with more robust features to consider.

We are able to communicate with each other quickly without having to call all the time which is a bonus considering I am a remote worker. The ability to host a video call is also a plus, although improvements are needed as mentioned above. Our goal is to streamline and become a more technologically advanced place as is the trend with most things. With additional improvements, Skype for Business could be exactly what I'm looking for.

Skype Business review by <span>Dan M.</span>
Dan M.

"Skype for Business is a must have. "

What do you like best?

As part of the O365 set, it is a tool that is used almost all day. It's more than an instant messaging system, it can also be used for conference calls, regular phone calls, and group collaboration. By having this as an all-in-one system, I do not have my desk cluttered with a physical phone. Voicemails are sent to my inbox, where I can save them easily.

What do you dislike?

There are some things that are 'buggy' when using Skype for Mac. I have noted that it does not sync with my calendar like it does with my Windows peers. It is supposed to change you status back and forth when a meeting is scheduled on your calendar. I have to do this manually, which I sometimes forget, then I am getting pinged during a meeting. My status says available, but I am 'busy'.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lync certainly had their share of problems and I feel that things are moving in the right direction with the Skype for Business. There are a lot of advantages that are not listed here, and can really be discovered with a trial or regular use. I also take advantage of having the app on my phone so I can take calls on the road. No logging into a website, entering a conference call code, etc. Simple to use.

Working with remote teams, it is nice to have the video capability at the ready. There is not need to set up a bunch of stuff to get a call arranged, then send something in an email just to get someone on the phone. I can simply find their name, and do an audio/video call, or just audio-only if needed.

Skype Business review by <span>Zach W.</span>
Zach W.

"Easily Communicate Across The Country"

What do you like best?

Skyke for business (and Lync before it) is an excellent, easily understood communication tool that we use on a daily basis. The interface and functionality work very similarly to older products like AIM or Yahoo! messenger; products that many in their late 20's and 30's remember from growing up. This makes the transition to using the product in the business world a seamless transition. It's one of the quickest pieces of software for me to train any of my new users on.

What do you dislike?

There aren't too many dislikes for me with this product. For just surface level back-and-forth communication, it works perfectly. My issues don't usually start until I start digging in to things like a Skype conference line or calendar synchronization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This can be everything you need in terms of an instant communication tool. Even if you're just barely scratching the surface and only using if for P2P IM, it's everything you'll want. The bonus is the amount of evtra features you're going to have access to; conference line, video chat, calendar synchronization, address book integration with Outlook.

Our sales role requires reps to be on the phone constantly. This simple interface and ability to quickly start a conversation make secondary communication a breeze. Some of our larger teams start group conversations first thing in the morning and they stay open all day to keep everyone on the same page. Some reps use it for quick approvals while still being on the phone with potential clients. Possibly the best feature has been the ability for us to communicate across the country with no delay. With 60 offices in 25 states, it can be hard to keep the proper communication channels open. Skype for Business has fixed that issue for us.

Skype Business review by <span>Kavitha N.</span>
Kavitha N.

"Great Software for Office Communication"

What do you like best?

The UI is one most users are familiar with. Integration with Office 365 makes it easy to sync with Outlook and OneNote. It also displays colleagues' statuses i.e if they're online, offline, in a meeting, etc. That helps with timing your communication. It is easy to talk to colleagues by chatting in the app. This software has made it so easy to hold conference calls. Screen sharing options include sharing multiple screens and sharing control among presenters.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I haven't found anything I dislike about this yet. All of my interactions using this software were very smooth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this software for use in a corporate environment. It is very easy to use and would take very little time to get it up and running.

I use Skype for Business for conference calls, both voice and video. I find it easy to communicate with colleagues by chatting with them. My co-developer and I share screens to view each other's code, review code, debug code and the like. Office 365 integration has made it easy to check when a colleague is available to communicate with.

Skype Business review by <span>Ruiqing (Ray) P.</span>
Ruiqing (Ray) P.

"Excellent communication tool for the digital age"

What do you like best?

The greatest benefit to Skype for Business the ease and speed which collaboration can be achieved. Instant screen sharing to troubleshoot problems saves a large amount of time.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about the software is that it sometimes shows people as present when they are not actually there, they will then suddenly turn to away when you click to chat with them. More real time status updates would be beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a fantastic tool that has greatly helped productivity and open collaboration.

The greatest benefit is being able to collaborate clearly and easily with colleagues in other locations without walking to their desks, or trying to describe a problem over e-mail/telephone. Visual real time help/troubleshooting can be done through the software. It's also a tool that younger employees are very familiar and comfortable with, allowing communication during meetings if additional data/analysis needs to be run without disrupting the flow of the meeting.

Skype Business review by <span>Eric W.</span>
Eric W.

"Great collaboration and conferencing tool"

What do you like best?

As a user of Office 365, Skype for Business (SfB) is a no-brainer as it's included in my corporate subscription. The seamless integration between SfB and Outlook allows me to initiate a SfB conversation from within Outlook. As a bonus, default "save my conversation history" feature allows me to save a transcript of my chats so I can always track down old conversations.

The built in conferencing feature allows other users to connect by voice, chat, and do a screen share. It makes working with remote employees a breeze.

My company took advantage of Polycom phones that integrate with Skype for Business / Office 365. Each conference room is an Office 365 user so if users want to present to the monitor connected to the Polycom they do a screen share with the "conference room' Skype for Business user. The integration with the hardware is seamless.

We've turned on external communications so that my users can communicate with other Office 365 or standard Skype users. This gets rid of the need for multiple chat tools across the enterprise.

What do you dislike?

Few "conference bridge" numbers for my European users.

No native support for Android Auto. I often join Skype conference calls while on the road, but there is no native support for Android Auto, so for me to join conferences, i still need to initiate the call from my phone and then use my car Bluetooth to participate. It'd be great if it was a native app.

There is a definitive lag when doing screen shares / presentations. It's fine for PowerPoints / presentations without video but not recommended for video or visually active presentations. I've not been able to get off of GoToMeeting for critical presentations that have a lot of moving content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider leveraging hardware providers (like Polycom) for conference room integration.

Simple collaboration. Integration into conference rooms.

Skype Business review by <span>Shaunda L.</span>
Shaunda L.

"Skype For Business (formerly Lync)"

What do you like best?

I like the screen share feature, I think it enables us to do quick screen shares being that I work in a remote team. I work with a team that spans from the west coast to the east coast so when we need to do a quick meeting it is easy just to hop on Skype for Business. I find it better than other tools we use for screen sharing.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that sometimes it crashes when I am in conversation with some of the employees of my company, however this may be a problem with my PC (I am an avid MAC user). Also, I don't like sometimes it doesn't save my conversation when I am signing on from my browser through Outlook 365. I find it challenging when someone tells me that they reached out to me while I was out of the office and it doesn't have any type of history of a person reaching out to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a great tool to use within your organization.

Being that I work with 29+ offices in my company, it enables me to stay connected. I am able to solve immediate issues on the spot as oppose through email. Also, when I am on the go people can easily get in touch with me as oppose to having to leave a message. When I come back I can immediately respond in a timely fashion.

Skype Business review by <span>Shashikant S.</span>
Shashikant S.

"Best VoIP Enterprise Application"

What do you like best?

It allows Skype users to contact each other within one organization through IM or phone numbers. It also allows users to record audio or video calls. Users can use various smilies for showcasing emotions during their chats. Once integrated with MS Office, it also allows users to store their conversation history for abstracting their chats later whenever needed.

What do you dislike?

Comparatively, it does not quite comfortable with hardware phones. Hence we couldn't expect full-featured VoIP service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, I would say every organization should have a communicator like this. This will really enhance their life instead of struggling with day-to-day obstacles. Puting such communicator in place will help any organization to put everyone in contact with easy access.

The functionality makes ourself effortless and allows easy to call each other users. Also allows us to have a video chat for scheduling business meetings for mitigating critical business issues or risks. It really working seamlessly within one organization and this is one of the key benefits of Skype for Business. It also allows us to form a group so that we can send IM [ instant message ] to the group at once.

Skype Business review by <span>William L.</span>
William L.

"Strong Collaboration Software"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business combines the best communication software with an outstanding collaboration platform. It has transformed the way our Teams work together across various time zones with an easy-to-use interface. The software is feature-packed and has a multitude of options to customize your experience.

What do you dislike?

The roll-out of Skype for Business within our Organization has been slow-going as we maintain a multi-platform set of PCs. With that said, we have made communication between Macs and PCs so much easier within the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype for Business provides any Organization with a stable cross-platform communication tool that allows daily team dialogue between multiple offices in an easy-to-use interface, while eliminating Inbox clutter.

The main goal has been to streamline our internal communication across multiple offices, which has been very successful. One added benefit is we have cleaned-up our Email Inboxes in the process as Skype for Business has taken over our IM and daily team communication. This reduction of Email Overload has increased our overall productivity.

Skype Business review by <span>Zachary K.</span>
Zachary K.

"Works as expected"

What do you like best?

I like the UI for Skype, the ability to see the status of a user (by color) and by a message, it will let me know when the user is busy, on a call, in a meeting or available. The ability to review old conversations between co-workers without having to worry about manually saving it is really nice. When in a conversation you can attach links or files or emoji's. I really like the sending with high importance which will send to the user even if they are on dnd or out of office. You also have the option to screen share and video chat right from Skype

What do you dislike?

For phone calls i would like to have a little easier view of conversation history, such as a separate tab showing all previous phone calls taken along with details of each call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are already paying for Office 365, consider using Skype for business as your all in one system for Meetings, phone system and chat platform. Everything integrates nicely and is supported!

Provides efficiency by using 1 platform for phone calls, meetings and chat.

Skype Business review by <span>Ben O.</span>
Ben O.

"Great communication tool for businesses, especially those that deal overseas"

What do you like best?

I used Skype while dealing with Chinese exporters in a previous position - voice and video calls are at no charge no matter where the users are calling from. Microphone quality is generally stable and does not cut out, the video obviously depends on the connection but if both users have a good connection, you can expect at least 720p 25+ fps and a good picture quality. It's easy to send small files to colleagues or to business partners overseas.

What do you dislike?

The file limit when transferring files - I believe the maximum filesize that can be sent is 300mb so anything over this and you will need to use a different system such as cloud storage, an ftp server, or an online uploading service to send large file types. This is because skype changed from a peer to peer based file sending system to a system where the user uploads to skypes server and then the user on the other end downloads the file from skype. This seems like a pointless addition that only makes file transfers take longer than they should by adding a middle man where it is undeeded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype have made it more difficult to find contacts and their iOS and Android apps are simply terrible to the point of being unusable. If they could improve both of these things (re-introducing "usernames" and improving the user interface of their mobile apps) then they would be perfect. There are alternatives for phoens in Whatsapp, for example, but if you do not have a company phone, it means giving out your personal information.

Skype for Business is used worldwide. Whereas many similar pieces of software are usually concentrated to one continent or language, Skype has managed to become widely used world wide which is a great benefit to those who deal with customers overseas as they will likely already be using Skype for business.

Skype Business review by <span>Lahn B.</span>
Lahn B.

"Skype for Business- Improvements still needed for Mac "

What do you like best?

What I like best is that I can simply see if fellow staff are available- love being able to see if they are away/in active & for how long. I also like that i can search within the chat. And i like having the mobile version as well as the desktop. So if you are a Mac user- they have been working on improvements. Such now if i am in a meeting, it will update my status automatically- this was only available to PC users.

What do you dislike?

For Mac users, people often get a message "We couldn't send this message." Sometimes they go through and sometimes they don't. I often get the same message when sending out messages. It seems sporadic on when it occurs. Mac users often seem to have issues with screen share & calls. Also what about adding users/favorites. This is something I hope to see working for Mac users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for PC users. Getting better for Mac users. Like that there is a mobile version. Its very easy to use.

Skype for Business allows me to quickly contact others in our active directory. It also allows me to quickly see someone's status and helps prevent calling those that are in a meeting.

Skype Business review by <span>Dale H.</span>
Dale H.

"Great messaging tool for work"

What do you like best?

I can see which of my coworkers are online, and what their status is throughout the day. Great for those who work from home 3-4 days each week. Also like the chat room capability to have online meetings to collaborate on projects.

What do you dislike?

I have private reminders set up in my Outlook calendar, usually at 8:00am and 8:30am most days listing my tasks for the day. When those times arrive, my Skype status turns to "Busy", even when I am active on my computer. I have to manually change my status back to "Available".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to keep your status updated so co-workers can contact you if necessary. Also make it mandatory that everyone in the company, or team, uses it. It is not mandatory at my company, so some employees have never logged into the app.

I can be working from home and know which of my co-workers are also working and available. I can ask them questions and know if I am going to get an immediate response or not.

Skype Business review by <span>Milan S.</span>
Milan S.

"Used everyday to communicate with team"

What do you like best?

The easy to use interface. I enjoy seeing all my recent conversations. I enjoy to have the notifications pop up when I get IMs.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to keep the app open in the background. I wish to have the interface more customization. I dislike how I have to Log in a weird way with my group. I had to use my work email twice to log in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bring in more features. I truly enjoy using this program. It is almost a gold standard for any company. Don't stop improving. Any other client can come in and take market share so it's important to keep new features and upgrades coming.

Sometimes It is easy to just shoot an IM to someone in your company. They almost always answers faster then if you would have sent an Email. It's also very beneficial to be able to show your co-workers your screen on the app, It help everyone understand much easier what you are trying yo accomplish when they can hear you and see what you see on your screen. When emails become too much for a day it is always great to use skype as this platform is much more casual. It is great to be able to have your work feel more casual. I also do like to see when each contact is online,. Sometimes you wish you could see this through your email app.

Skype Business review by <span>Richard B.</span>
Richard B.

"Great Communications Tool for Business"

What do you like best?

- Skype for Business has the ability to tie in with Microsoft Outlook. This allows you to be able to see who's available when composing new emails.

- Skype for Business pulls contact information directly from Microsoft Outlook. You also have the ability to organize your contacts by groups, making it easier to see the key personnel, such as your direct reports, quickly.

- Skype for Business allows you to be able to chat via instant message while on a conference call. This provides a "2nd screen" to be able have side conversations during a conference call.

- Response time is nearly instantaneous. With no lag, you are able to keep conversations flowing at a natural pace. It will also show you when the other person is typing, so you know to hold your response until the other person has finished responding.

-Skype for Business has the ability to attach screenshots to the chat message. This makes it easy to quickly share visuals with the other person or group. Paired with an excellent screen shot utility such as Snagit, and you have the maximum ability for taking advantage of this feature.

-Skype for Business has the ability to attach files as well to the chat message. Uploading can sometimes take a while, but the benefits far outweigh the negatives for having this feature.

- Skype for Business has the ability to share your desktop with others. This is an excellent tool to allow for real time presentations to a group. If you have multiple monitors, you have the ability to share either or both monitors at the same time.

What do you dislike?

Skype for Business can be slow at times when adding attachments. However, this is a minor concern as the benefits far outweigh any inconvenience.

- It would be nice to be able to set out of office from directly within Skype For Business. However, it will pull in your out of office notifications from Microsoft Outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

This product increases productivity across multiple teams. It has become an integral tool within our organization to communicate with one another quickly and effectively while being able to multitask, performing additional tasks while communicating with your colleagues.

Skype Business review by <span>Dennis B.</span>
Dennis B.

"Skype for Business Longtime users"

What do you like best?

I like the integration of voice, text, and screen sharing capability into a single client. The voice quality and cross-platform support options have really improved over the past few releases. I like the integration with the rest of office 365.

What do you dislike?

Screen Sharing - I would like cross-platform remote control capability

Quality - Video is very susceptible to network and bandwidth issues. I would like it to be a little more resilient.

Recording - I would like a cross-platform recording solution.

Cloud PBX - I would like to see an option for small business instead of requiring enterprise licensing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Training - provide users with operational training. People tend to pick up Skype for Business quick but it really helps to show them common functionality. Joining meetings tends to be the most difficult area for new users.

Infrastructure - If planning to use the cloud PBX functionality definitely make sure your network and broadband are up to par.

Conference call meetings and chatting with customers. We have replaced solutions such as WebEx and goto meeting. The integration with the other Office 365 components makes Skype for Business a great value for customers.

Skype Business review by <span>Joshua S.</span>
Joshua S.

"Skype is the Lync to communicating with Coworkers. "

What do you like best?

I do like that it reminds me of so many of basic chat programs I used as a kid growing up. But I prefer that it allows for on-demand group chat rooms as well as the one on one chats that are necessary to continue support. I have created groups inside of Skype it allow me the ease of finding colleagues that I need to both chat with in one-on-one chats or in a group message.

What do you dislike?

There is no support for third party add ins and color customization is not present. I really do prefer using slack when communicating with my other technology teams. Personally on our machines when Skype is open it really is a memory hog and really slows down the performance of my computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works well if you use the rest of the Microsoft Office Suite as it is a great collaborator to use with Excel and Word primarily. But it's intergration with Outlook for meetings and notification as well as video conferencing is a great tool.

We used Skype for awhile with our Office suite and still use it as a backup tool but we switched over to Slack for all of our primary Needs.

Skype Business review by <span>Thomas P.</span>
Thomas P.

"Fine for Simple Chat, but Less So for External Presentation"

What do you like best?

Great de facto tool to chat with coworkers. Straightforward with simple capability to organize contacts, set location and availability, etc. Ties to MS Outlook so it recognizes if you are in a meeting.

What do you dislike?

This software is NOT a suitable solution for presentation and/or screen sharing. Although it works fine for simple in-house screen sharing, even that can be problematic as the mechanism to give someone else control of your screen is a bit wonky. Trying to create a "meeting" with outside parties (a la "Go to Meeting") is almost unusable. Every time I tried, the outside party would have a hard time getting the component to work on their end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend using it for chat - but NOT for external presentation. Go to Meeting and other suites do a much better job.

Simple communication with coworkers is made MUCH easier. As a remote employee, it's much easier to quickly communicate with coworkers via chat than phone.

Skype Business review by <span>Billy P.</span>
Billy P.

"Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Review"

What do you like best?

It makes communicating with co-workers very easier either on the computer or your phone through chat or video. The interface is pretty easy to use and it makes meeting up with co-workers super easy. I can chat remotely and have business meetings in my car or in my home miles away from the workplace and my co-workers.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much difference from regular Skype, and at times it can try to block people who you actually want to chat or talk to when it comes to the keep spam away from you. Periodically the connection lags and it ends my call prematurely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More emoji to lighten the mood at times.

We are able to communicate internally very easily, which is the biggest upside to the program. It also allows me to stay connected when I don't have time to make a call. It also makes face to face time a lot easier.

Skype Business review by <span>Brandon G.</span>
Brandon G.

"Best Business Collaboration and Chat Application Available!"

What do you like best?

This app is fantastic for collaborating with others within the same work environment as you. It offers anything from desktop sharing, to the ability to transfer files, video chat, or just chat in general. This is one of the most efficient ways to communicate within a corporate environment and is hands down my favorite application from Microsoft, for the workplace.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Skype for Business is the lack of the ability to have multiple(more than 2) people's cameras showing at once while in a group call. This may just be limited for some users, but it can be very confusing when the "active" user is a phone, instead of a group of people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integration with Avaya phones isn't possible, so I would recommend integration with phone system, because direct dial is a wonderful thing to have in your business unit.

Skype for Business provides the ability to seamlessly communicate with your coworkers in a casual or more formal setting. You're able to set meetings via outlook, and have everyone join a skype for business meeting. It's incredibly intuitive and very useful. One thing that used to be a feature of Lync(before it turned to skype) was direct dialing with our Avaya phone system, which no longer seems possible in Skype for Business.

Skype Business review by <span>Pedro Rubén S.</span>
Pedro Rubén S.

"Using Skype reduces a lot of back and forth emails around the office"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see the availability of my coworkers in real time, depending on their activity or schedule, by doing so I can plan my time better in order to complete projects faster, reducing the cases where a meeting has to be rescheduled because some of the participants had already meetings at the same hour, I also like the ease of use of the videochat platform, it is very stable and I can further explain myself to my coworkers when using a regular chat feels to slow.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be freshened up a little. I believe the interface could be cleaned in order to reduce distractions. the menus could also be optimized, streamlining the selection process, reducing the subtopics where the multiple options reside, giving the user more buttons directly at the front of the interface to select an action without searching around the menus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to implement it in conjuction with the whole office suite, it really improves when you have the full integration of the windows ecosystem.

it has allowed us to reduce a lot of email traffic, keeping the office inbox free of nonrelevant emails, it also allows us to reduce delays by letting teams to comunicate directly without having to personally meet or make an appointment to discuss a subject that will usually only take one or two questions, this also reduces the overall meetings that happen during a day, leaving available the meeting rooms for other purposes.

Skype Business review by <span>Nicole F.</span>
Nicole F.

"Easy, fast communication where ever."

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily look up any fellow employee and message them regarding mutual patients without documenting directly within a chart. This is especially helpful when you need to use language that may not be appropriate for the patients chart or for when you have employees viewing their own record to protect integrity of support staff.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that unless you close out of a conversation, it will not light up when someone has responded. This has ultimately caused me to miss communication with coworkers or no longer have the opportunity to speak with certain people before they're gone for the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only thing I would change is to make it more apparent when people send you messages. It's not always good about lighting up and we often have our sound off due to being in the office and avoiding random noises for our coworkers. Aside from that it's been a fabulous tool.

Skype allows us to bridge communication between telecommuters and our every day office support staff. We have realized we're capable of communicating in ways we didn't realize when the option to physically touch/hand off was not there. We just had to sharpen our written communication styles.

Skype Business review by <span>Swetal P.</span>
Swetal P.

"Finicky, not as robust as several alternative consumer options"

What do you like best?

You are able to see and find contacts from within your organization, readily, and easily. I'm not sure if that is done automatically, or if the network administrators here do it for us.

What do you dislike?

First, the biggest annoyance to this program is it's inability to scale properly on my mix of monitors and resolutions. I normally use dual monitors from a laptop that is docked with the laptop closed. But sometimes when you move between the monitors be detaching the laptop, the resolution becomes either comically small or absurdly large. Second, lack of modern social features such as gifs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out one of the other million chat and messenger options out there including the countless consumer focused and off-the-shelf programs, Slack and Google Hangouts come to mind.

We need to be able to communicate within our organization quickly and easily and see what peoples status is (as in are they away, available, etc).

Skype Business review by <span>Radomir V.</span>