Skype for Business (formerly Lync)

LyncProfessional meetings and collaboration—all integrated with your Office apps

Work for Skype for Business (formerly Lync)?
Ringcentral office  web conferencing  2x

Learning about Skype Business?

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Reviews

Showing 5245 Skype Business reviews
Skype Business review by <span>Joon Y.</span>
Joon Y.

Great added features - commonly used across businesses

What do you like best?

I love skype for business, because it's so basic and has all the necessary components to communicate across your business. It's private, simple, and clear. Before, we used to not be able to send images or files, but with that feature now, it seems almost complete to me. I use all the functions such as screen share, files transferring, and just basic chats.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if I can change this feature, but I definitely don't like how it shows a bit of your message when you are about to click on the person trying to ping you. Especially when we are sharing or presenting our screen to an audience. I know it most cases it does switch to "do not disturb" but for cases when that doesn't happen, I wish it never showed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Skype for Business, because it's a great tool to communicate with one another. Sometimes emails are just too much back and forth and take longer to communicate. If it is just a quick message, using Skype is a lot better. Also, with features such as sending quick shots or screenshots, it is just a lot easier to chat.

Communicating with one another, sharing information with team that is across the globe but it's too small or need more back and forth than an email, and

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Skype for Business (formerly Lync)
Skype Business review by <span>Jeremiah K.</span>
Jeremiah K.

I've been transitioning out of Skype..

What do you like best?

I like how everyone knows what skype is. I run an cloud based company, and it's nice to be able to refer to skype and my clients know exactly what I'm talking about. Basically all of my clients have a skype account, so it can be an easy way to meet up with people online. Also, all of my team memebers know what Skype is and it's easy to meet up with them.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how Skype has a good bit of gliches. Sometimes the app doesn't work well, and I lose the people that I was in a meeting with. Can be very frustrating, especially when there is a time crunch. Another frustrating thing is that you have to find contacts on the skype database before meeting up with them. It's like you have to become "friends" with them before you can have an online conversation with them. In a cloud based company, the hard it is to connect with people online the more difficult it is for you business to succeed. I've primarily swapped to using Zoom for business meetings, because I can easily send a client a link to the chat room, and they just hop on, and we can start the meeting with little to no "fuss."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is an online communication tool that everyone knows about. It can be very useful for you business but sometimes there are gliches.

It's solving long distance communication problems. My company is all cloud based, so without a way to connect with people online via video chats, communication would be a lot more impersonal. It provides face to face conversation that is important in building a client relationship.

What Web Conferencing solution do you use?

Skype Business review by <span>Vignesh S.</span>
Vignesh S.

Skype is making business simple!!

What do you like best?

I, my colleagues and the leadership team leverage the Skype for instant messaging and saving time by avoiding lots of emails. It keeps us stay connected with many business needs where it gives the ability to share documents, web links, smileys etc. Skype for business also saves the chats and emails to the business email to keep us stay connected. Skype's video call, audio call and screen sharing have made my effortless and to the perfection. The group chats during long business discussion had kept us stay in the same tab. The grouping of my team members, status availability of my team and lot more have made my work simple.

What do you dislike?

The active chat list always stays in one window and switching between chats is sluggish. Screen sharing is not up to the mark.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely you should go for Skype to stay connected and provide the full grade support.

Working with my colleagues on screen sharing to give live support to the clients and keeping everyone updated on quick meetings.

Skype Business review by <span>Steve R.</span>
Steve R.

Full featured Business Communication tool

What do you like best?

What I like the best about Skype for Business is its integration with the Office 365 suite. It integrates at all levels and makes it easy to collaborate across Word, Excel, Powerpoint or any of the other office 365 apps. I also love the ease of Meeting setup.

What do you dislike?

Skype is a heavy client. Coming from a Google Hangouts world where everything is "lite" it has taken some adjustments to acclimate to the heavy Skype Windows Desktop client, which you need to get all the features of the Skype that truly make it shine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an Office 365 user then I highly recommend Skype for Business. It truly brings out the full features of Office365 and allows it to compete with things like Google Docs and its tight integration.

Skype allows our company to communicate across all departments efficiently and quickly. It also makes collaborating on projects a breeze. We can share, work, call and chat at the same time we are working with the document because of its tight integration with office 365.

Skype Business review by <span>Rachel R.</span>
Rachel R.
G2 Gives Campaign

Great formal & informal communication medium

What do you like best?

Skype for Business is very intuitive to use and makes connecting with colleagues nearly effortless. I like being able to sort my contacts into groups and seeing whether someone is available to chat. I've also joined several Skype calls from my phone, and the app makes it extremely easy to connect to the meeting.

What do you dislike?

Remembering my PIN (although depending on how I join a meeting, this isn't always an issue)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Teach people how to turn status alerts on & off - great feature, but can be a little bothersome after a while. Also, I regularly use the Conversation History tab in my Outlook to look back through Skype conversations if I can't quite remember the outcome of a question/issue - it's great to be able to search for keywords to find things easily.

Skype has made it extremely easy to connect both formally and informally with colleagues right around the corner to across the country.

Skype Business review by <span>Reginald  B.</span>
Reginald B.

Love It

What do you like best?

I have been using skype for many years, but more recently for Business. It is very helpful in situations where picking up a phone is too obvious. Our department has used it as an emergency system. In situations where we needed help or assistance from a co-worker and they immediately get the message.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it says I am offline or online when I am not. Just a minor issue but can be annoying at times because if it is doing it to me I am sure it is doing it to other people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would advise to use it for emergency situations or circumstances when pickign up a phone is too notcieable. We now have panic buttons but even that takes time. I know from personal expereience this has helped get me out of situations.

Being able to instant message is great! Sometimes a phone call is not needed and an email can be unnecessary . So a quick instant message solves that problem!

Learning about Skype for Business (formerly Lync)?

* We monitor all Skype for Business (formerly Lync) reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.