Skype

Transform the way you work and build your business with one collaborative tool.

Work for Skype?
Ibmsametime webconf  2x

Learning about Skype?

Skype Reviews

Showing 1644 Skype reviews
Skype review by <span>Katherine Adonis G.</span>
Katherine Adonis G.

social network for entrepreneurs

What do you like best?

Skype is an effective social network to have virtual communication with distant people. It is a social network to make video calls and have a more effective communication. Skype is too great to establish effective and powerful communications with distant people, is ideal for online conferences, has everything a person needs to be always in contact and not miss any detail. it is fantastic to share images videos and multimedia files is ideal so that this application does not miss on your cell or computer. skype is a platform of advanced interaction and sophisticated I like too much your option to share call has worked great in my lectures and long distance explanations. Skype is an effective and immediate solution to establish corporate solutions in video calls, conferences and other virtual communication options. There is no better virtual communication tool than Skype, its services are excellent, and as I said before, your screen sharing option is the best and most effective.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the calls are dropped and it takes time to upload the multimedia files. also multimedia files arrive with errors and are slow to load that would have to be arranged to offer a better service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is a highly recommended communication tool for people who want to have direct contact with distant people. is an effective tool that helps make communication easy and simple. I recommend it for companies, meetings, conferences and talks your choice of screen sharing is excellent.

Skype is my favorite social network to make video calls and keep working communication by that means. I always have direct contact with people who have a different location. It is an incredible social network for people who wish to share experiences through video calls, multimedia files or calls, it is an essential tool for long distance communications.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Skype
Skype review by <span>Charles N.</span>
Charles N.

Improving quality

What do you like best?

It's free so it's ideal for anyone with no budget looking to do internet calls, cheap international phone calls or conference calls. You can easily connect to your email and phone contacts and chose to call them for free online or for competitive rates if calling a mobile or landline. Also, you don't need to schedule a conference call you just need to have your audience/colleague saved in your contacts. You can share video or screens very easily.

What do you dislike?

the quality of the calls is unreliable - too unreliable for sales calls. I have the app on my phone and laptop and they often struggle to sync, which means I might pick up a call on my laptop and my phone will still ring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quality, reliability and user experience are improving

All our internal calls are through skype because it's the cheapest and most convenient tool we found to run impromptu calls.

What Web Conferencing solution do you use?

Skype review by <span>Neha C.</span>
Neha C.

My Experience with Skype

What do you like best?

1) Easy method for file sharing and giving presentations on phone.

2) Very good source for video call as well as audio calls. It can connect from any device with stable internet connection, one can make a video call from a phone, tablet or any other device.

3) Easy to use.

4) Online meetings are easily recorded.

5) Secure communication.

6) Online status of Skype contacts can be viewed so that one can communicate across the organization.

What do you dislike?

1) It can take longer time to reconnect if ones disconnected.

2) Sometime call quality is not good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend Skype because it is very useful software. It enables everyone across the world to communicate and collaborate. Wondering if you should use Skype for your buisness meetings.It has various unique features like one can also be used to talk with non-Skype users.

1) Meetings can schedule through Microsoft Outlook.

2) Remotely control others’ desktops.

3) More numbers of people can connect which is very useful for business meetings.

Skype review by <span>Morez K.</span>
Morez K.

Skype handles most of your calling needs by offering high quality audio and video

What do you like best?

Skype has been around for years dominating the video calling market. Before Face-time or other messaging apps with video features, Skype was there connecting people from all over the World. We use Skype on a business level so one account for the entire business. So far, it has worked as we needed. We are able to add people in conversations and mute if needed. This have allow us to save travel time when having meetings and scheduled client intakes at different locations considering city parking these days.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about Skype. However, there are room for additional features and improvements. It will be great to see Skype get more advance with business virtual calling. However, that may be a different software to review. Now of course Skype has not replaced the traditional phone system and with the advance of technology, i'm sure Skype can look at ways to make the software eventually replace traditional phones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider who and where you plan to use Skype. Consider the quality of video and audio you prefer in your software. Skype may be able to provide you with those needs compared to other software.

We have used Skype mainly to do video conference calls. It is widely used and amazing how we are able to do job interviews, client intakes, and meet with partners from the comfort of our office. In addition, more likely, whomever you are video calling will more likely have Skype already.

Skype review by <span>Christina M.</span>
Christina M.

Functional for Work

What do you like best?

I am grateful for the features that make working remotely easier. I am in consulting and only visit my company's home office twice a year. I stay in touch with my boss and colleagues mainly by Skype. My favorite features are conference calling with multiple parties (so we don't have to have two in the same location) and screen sharing. We save a lot of money on travel and phone usage because of Skype.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Skype seems difficult to navigate, especially when looking for specific features. Adding and searching contacts is not intuitive. The program menu can be hard to use. Honestly, this is me being picky about finding something I dislike, because I have to answer the question. I very much like Skype overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paid subscription is not necessary. You get everything you need with a free account--just have your clients sign up, too, so you won't have to pay for Skype-to-phone credits.

As mentioned in what I like about Skype, we save a lot on travel, phone usage, and expenses for our clients by not having to be in a specific location for presentations, etc.

Skype review by <span>Laura G.</span>
Laura G.

With Skype, distance is not a barrier to communicate.

What do you like best?

Skype is very easy to install and use. Where you are you can use it. With this program you can call anywhere in the world for free to other people who have Skype, fixed and mobile phones. With the number assigned by Skype you can receive calls from anywhere and even voice messages. have a great chat by which we can keep in touch, we can also send any type of file (photos, documents of any kind (Excel, Word, Power Point, pdf, etc.). With Skype we can also send text messages to mobile phones.

We can communicate at no cost to anyone who has Skype installed on their devices (PCs, Laptop, Table, Mobile phones, etc).

Perfect to make video calls to our loved ones that are outside the country and we have no way to visit them.

What do you dislike?

The program is not compatible with all operating systems. Calls to numbers that do not have a Skype user are very expensive. When you are in a video call the sound and the image are not synchronized. the computer gets a little slow on a video call and other applications can not be used. The quality of the service depends on the bandwidth you have.

To be able to communicate with the loved ones that are in other countries or in another locality.

Learning about Skype?

* We monitor all Skype reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.