4.3 out of 5
(7,077)
Do you work for Skype?

Skype Reviews & Product Details


What is Skype?

Make internet calls for free with Skype. Call friends and family on any phone with Pay As You Go and Pay Monthly subscriptions, sign up today at Skype.com.

Write a Review

Skype Screenshots


Skype Profile Details

Skype Profile Details

Vendor
Microsoft
Description
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.
Company Website
Year Founded
1975
Total Revenue (USD mm)
110,360
HQ Location
Redmond, WA
Phone
+1 (877) 276-2464
Ownership
NASDAQ: MSFT
LinkedIn® Page
www.linkedin.com
Employees on LinkedIn®
161,068
Twitter
@Microsoft
Twitter Followers
8,522,215
Show moreShow fewer

Customers Using Skype

Microsoft
IBM
General Electric
Adobe
Amazon
Xerox
ADP
LinkedIn
Accenture
Hewlett-Packard
Target
Rackspace

Skype Reviews

Filter Reviews
Filter Reviews
Sort by
Ratings
Company Size
User Role
For Category
All Industries
Review Type
Write a Review
1-50 of 7076 total Skype reviews

Skype Reviews

Write a Review
Filter By
Review Type

Connections
Show reviews that mention
1-50 of 7076 total Skype reviews
Skype review by Suleman A.
Senior Software Developer - NodeJS/Express, Angular, MVC Framework
Computer Software
Small-Business
(11-50 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
Most Recent Skype Video Review
Copy Review URL
Copy Review URL
Skype review by virginia r.
Licenciada administración
Mid-Market
(501-1000 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Conferencias a cualquier parte del mundo."

What do you like best?

Skype es un software sofisticado que se instala en diferentes software y aparatos electronicos desde la computadora o el teléfono móvil. Este software es increíble porque da la oportunidad de comunicarme con otras partes del mundo a través de mensajes instantáneos, llamadas y videoconfesiones que realizo dentro de la empresa. También incluye funcionalidad de asistencia. Se está actualizando constantemente y la versión que tengo 8.41 te permite personalizarlo y colocar fondos de diferentes colores que quiero que posea este programa. Es muy innovador ya que las llamadas VoIP se escuchan fácilmente y no hay problemas de ningún tipo con el audio en comparación con otras aplicaciones que tienen distorsiones. Las videoconferencias son claramente vistas por los interlocutores y el espacio donde la otra persona habla se distingue con gran color. Es rápido y puedes sincronizarlo con correo electrónico y contactos.

What do you dislike?

Al usar Skype no he tenido ningún tipo de problemas con su uso, me he dado cuenta de que también es una herramienta que se utiliza en otras compañías y compañías de todo el mundo para la comunicación, lo que para mí más bien me permite establecer canales de comunicación con mayor facilidad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo a Skype como el centro para la conexión de llamadas y videoconferencias dentro de su empresa. Puede comunicarse a cualquier parte del mundo con una conexión a Internet. Te da mensajes y videoconferencias de una manera segura y confiable. Es gratis con ecepcion a llamadas a números particulares.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Me conecta en tiempo real con otros usuarios mediante llamadas y videoconferencias en reuniones de todos los tíos en el trabajo.

En caso de cualquier consejo, le diré al cliente que estoy brindando un servicio para aclarar algún escenario y brindar una solución más oportuna.

Me ayuda a trabajar en equipo, ya que varios colegas pueden integrarse en una videoconferencia al mismo tiempo.

Se integra con Outlook porque puedo sincronizar contactos más fácilmente.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Joanne P.
Graphic Designer
Design
Mid-Market
(51-200 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Great tool for support via chat or audio"

What do you like best?

What I liked most about Skype is the ease to configure the application once installed, which by default has most of the necessary functions configured except for the phone call function since to enable these calls we need to ask for a phone number through the Skype application and recharge the balance in case you need to make a call.

In addition, its interface seemed very simple and intuitive, especially in the chat since it allows to differentiate very well the messages of each person since it encloses each phrase emitted by the user in a kind of block with colors as background for the message. I also found the Skype mobile application useful, which has the same functions as the desktop version, but here we can use our own phone to make calls or video without a headset.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the audio has interference and annoying sounds are heard that although they do not prevent to continue the conversation if they are unpleasant, luckily they seem to be temporary interference that barely last a few seconds and later you can continue without problems with the conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is a tool that provides not only calls and video but also a very stable chat application that you can use to communicate at no cost, so I recommend you start by trying this part of the application and use the calls only if it is very necessary.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

With Skype I can communicate at any time of day and at any time using the chat even if the other person is disconnected at that time because the messages are waiting until the other party can read them and proceeds to answer us.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Alex Z.
Sales Manager
Mid-Market
(501-1000 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL
Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 Crowd scores.

"My opinion on "Skype""

What do you like best?

Availability. Skype is absolutely free. You can go to the office. website and download the program directly from it. After registration, you can immediately use "Skype" for its intended purpose. It is worth saying that it is possible to call from it so to the phones, BUT only after you replenish the account. (Unlimited calls to fixed-line phones in the direction: Russia - $ 6.99 per month. Unlimited World plan + calls to fixed-line phones in: Russia - $ 13.99 per month)

Nice interface. An experienced PC user will easily understand the interface. It’s easy to find your friend and add him to your contact list. For this is a definite plus. (There is also support for the Russian language. I don’t think it’s worthwhile to put it into a separate plus, since all of my well-known analogues of Skype are similarly localized into Russian)

Functionality. In "Skype" is all that is necessary for the ordinary user. Voice calls, video calls, the ability to share files, create group calls, as well as showing the screen to the other party. This is the standard functionality that "Skype" asked its competitors for several years to come.

What do you dislike?

Bad connection. The main objective of the program is to connect people at a distance so that they can exchange information. But with this "Skype" does not always cope well. There are communication interruptions. Not understandable hangs when the interlocutor becomes a robot. Video calls also suffer from the quality of communication. The picture is divided into many pixels in the resolution of 360p. It happened that the call itself ended. The same program can fly. It is connected, most likely with optimization. I used the program on Windows. I can not say how the program behaves on other operating systems.

Advertising. Yes, the program is free. It would seem, then what to complain about? Developers need to earn something. They have a subscription, the cost of which is beyond the limits. And yes, why there is no advertising in similar applications?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nice interface. An experienced PC user will easily understand the interface. It’s easy to find your friend and add him to your contact list.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

This program helped me to build a relationship with my business partner.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Young M.
Software Developer
Internet
Enterprise
(5001-10,000 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Provides the solution to the communication of a company"

What do you like best?

Skype provides the solution to the communication of a company by offering videoconferences, video calls, chat and even phone calls, is a friendly platform and simple to use, one can contact users from other countries without problems and with image and sound quality.

What do you dislike?

Skype has no problems in its desktop version, however in its mobile version often has problems rde performance, sometimes gets heavy and falls alone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software has long been one of the best in the field of communication for the amount of features it offers and for how easy it is to install and use.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I started using Skype when I arrived at my company 7 years ago and it is the best communication software I have known as it covers a wide variety of features and services, allows meetings with colleagues and share files with rare extensions because they come in code format programming, you can share screen to better show the string that each file has and code libraries.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Larry W.
Manager of Sales
Enterprise
(10,001+ employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"very good program to talk with other people"

What do you like best?

There are many things that I like when I use Skype, but the main one is that I can make video group calls with my friends. It's very fun, it's very easy to do, I like to use this good program.

What do you dislike?

There is something I do not like about Skype, sometimes the program closes without me making it annoying and I do not like it, I do not know if it is a problem of the program or it is my problem or my cell phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

my family friends use skype I use it many years ago and I like it, I recommend people to install skype is a good program and very easy to use.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use skype to communicate with friends at work, my boss always leaves messages to the working group on skype, I think the company benefits a lot with the use of the program, this is an example.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Mario T.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design
Small-Business
(Myself Only)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Great app for worldwide communication"

What do you like best?

As a working tool it is very useful to organize video conferences with several people of the company or clients although the use that I have made of the video conference is only personal, with my family. In the professional field I use Skype to contact clients or perform support tasks through chat and on some occasion that is necessary as a screencast.

Very easy to connect with clients, and the possibility to use the application through multiple devices, I have personally tried Skype web, desktop and mobile in Windows, although it is also possible to use them in MacOS or Linux, so you do not have any limitation in terms of the operating system you use.

What do you dislike?

I had problems with the web version of Skype in my browser (Firefox) from time to time I suffered connection losses that forced me to close the Skype tab and reopen it to start the session again. At first I thought that they were dropped from the Skype server in my region but using the desktop version I have never had this problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to use Skype as a method of contact with your friends, suppliers or customers, the application is well known and you will find that many have an account already created in this application. Also the use of Skype as chat is free, you just have to pay for audio and video and its cost is not very high if you choose the right plan for your needs.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I needed a way to communicate with people for whom I do work and I already had Skype experience because I used it to keep contact with my family, in business I was very useful because it is a very used tool and almost everyone has a Skype account so it was not a problem in this regard. Also the application if used as a chat is very useful to leave warning messages.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Brenda N.
Accountant
Chemicals
Mid-Market
(501-1000 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Skype is a software for videoconferencing"

What do you like best?

I like that this software has videoconferencing, a feature that is very fun to use and it allows me to talk to my friends and family at any place and time that I want.

Skype also is a software that is very easy to download and install. Downloading it is very fast and it requires just a small space in your device.

It is fast. You can send your mesahes to another skype user very fast and receive your feedback as fast too. This facilitates instant messaging through Skype.

This software allows me to make Skype to Skype video and audio calls that are free. This saves me cost that I would have incurred.

It is very simple to use this software. It does not require any education of special skills for you to operate it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Skype does not operate in a place with poor or slow internet connection.

It is also expensive because it requires a subscription to be made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very recommendable for videoconferencing and for making calls as they are free.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Instant messaging.

Videoconferencing.

Saving cost due to free Skype to Skype calls.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Misleh H.
IT Specialist
Enterprise
(10,001+ employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"You can communicate easily and collaborate with other users"

What do you like best?

Skype is a complete work platform, you can communicate easily and collaborate with other users by sending documents and screenshots to make it easier to track the work, offers good quality video calls that we use to interview other people without needing to receive them in the office, also has an integration to Office that greatly facilitates the work with Excel or Word files.

What do you dislike?

When I'm out of the office I need to be communicated without faults and sometimes Skype can't offer me that because of connection errors that make it unusable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When we do dynamic projects we need to meet several times a day and thanks to Skype we can do it without leaving our respective offices.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

When I am in daily work Skype is like my right hand because I can do and receive instantaneous queries wherever I am, I can be in contact with our central to get directives and objectives to be done, I can easily communicate with colleagues to get second opinion on some work I'm doing, it also allows me to go sending images to my office to portray the steps I follow.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Maivi L.
Empleado de soporte
Small-Business
(11-50 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"The best communication tool in the world"

What do you like best?

I love the way in which Skype allows me to keep in touch with my clients, colleagues or my family no matter where they are, it gives you the option not only to make voice calls but also video, which is very satisfying, because you can have a more personal conversation with the person with whom you are communicating, also gives you the option of instant messaging and besides that the sharing of files of various formats (documents, images, videos), in general is a platform for super useful communication and perhaps one of the most widely used by the amount of tools that it offers, is FREE, you only need a PC or your cell phone, download it, configure it and ready, you will have the best communication tool.

What do you dislike?

Really Skype I have not got anything negative, sometimes video calls or voice calls tend to be slow or the image and voice tends to distort but I think it is more a problem of the Internet server than Skype.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a new communication tool for both personal and professional use, I definitely recommend Skype and I am absolutely sure that you will be fascinated, you will be able to make voice and video calls, send messages and files, make video conferences if it is what you need , in short, Skype is a platform designed to improve communication worldwide and is working.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Professionally and personally with Skype I went up to another level of communication, I can be in face-to-face contact with my clients just by clicking on the Skype logo, and also with my colleagues and superiors, in those moments that I can not go to. office or to serve a customer who can not move to where I am, I simply go to Skype and keep a smooth conversation without problems.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Arliss H.
Accounting Assistant
Enterprise
(1001-5000 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"It makes it easy for us to meet without being in the same office"

What do you like best?

Skype is an ideal software to send questions and quick queries without needing to make a call, the chat offered is collaborative, ie it gives you the option to share screen, documents, videos and photos instantly, you can also organize business meetings with access for up to 250 users and an integration to Outlook and other Microsoft tools.

What do you dislike?

Before every time I opened Skype I could see the conversations in the same chat window, now I have to go to Outlook because the conversations are only saved there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is a software well known in the business environment because more and more companies adopt it for its advanced communication features.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It makes it easy for us to meet without being in the same office, it is also excellent for communicating with employees outside of my office, I take it everywhere in case my boss needs to ask me any questions about large customer reports or require any missing invoices.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Charles M.
Sales Representative
Enterprise
(10,001+ employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Keep in touch all day"

What do you like best?

Skype is a software more than anything business but is also used by individuals, owes its success to the features it offers and the quality of communications, offers chat, video calls, online business meetings, video conferences and voice calls.

What do you dislike?

From time to time we suffer communication problems with Skype, calls start to be heard with strange noises and the image is distorted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype works very well for personal use, it allows me to communicate via chat and video calls with friends living in other countries, when I'm travelling it's my best partner.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It's great software, I keep in touch all day with my boss and my co-workers, I'm indispensable in my work because I have to constantly tour offices to check servers and equipment and make repairs if necessary, for this I must go taking photos, documenting everything and send it via Skype to my office to be added to the daily reports, we also hold weekly meetings to finish commenting on the reports and proposing solutions.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Wilsem K.
IT Specialist
Mid-Market
(201-500 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Videoconferences and online meetings for more than 200 people"

What do you like best?

Skype is the best option for business communication, offers great features to meet the needs, instant chat, video with a very good quality of image and sound, videoconferences and online meetings for more than 200 people, integration with Outlook from where you can organize meetings and keeps a record of chats, also adapts very well to Office 365.

What do you dislike?

When I have a lot of conversations at once it starts to fail, uses a lot of ram and sometimes falls on its own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype has a simple interface and very easy to use, no prior training is required.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

When I work I need to be able to share screen, photos and code files instantly, having dynamic projects running I spend a lot of time away from my office, for this Skype has an excellent app that allows me to make video calls when I must show obsolete or defective hardware, send photos and orders to suppliers and communicate easily with my superiors as I work in a sensitive area and I must report every 4 hours.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Augusto C.
HR Manager
Enterprise
(10,001+ employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Works both for large companies and for small companies"

What do you like best?

Skype works both for large companies and for small companies, always at the forefront of business communication offers instant messaging, video calls, VOIP plans, Outlook integration with the possibility of way the agenda of interviews and meetings more easily, allows meetings of up to 250 participants and share documents, photos, videos and links with ease.

What do you dislike?

When we use Skype everything becomes easier but sometimes it becomes unstable and drops for no apparent reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use Skype because it is the most complete platform for business communication and also a great software for personal use.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Skype is a good tool for communication and contact both internal and external, allows me to be constantly connected with the employees in my charge and be able to manage them better, allows me to make online meetings at the beginning of the day without leaving my desk or what I'm doing, my employees use it for collaboration between them and communication with other sectors of the company.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Katherine G.
Auxiliar administrativo
Mid-Market
(501-1000 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Communicate in the best way in the company of Skype "

What do you like best?

What I like most about Skype is that I can communicate with anyone from all over the world, regardless of the distance, I also like that this application is free, since I can make calls or videos calls without having to pay. Something else I like about Skype is that the time to install it on my Android device or Windows does not present any inconvenience because it does not weigh as much as other communication applications.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like about Skype is that sometimes in some calls there is poor image quality, but I do not have any complaints about it, since for me it is a very good application helping me to communicate this way in my work and social life.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this application because it is one of the best applications to communicate from anywhere in the world, through normal calls or video calls. In addition, it is an application easy to use and very easy to install from any device, whether Android or Windows.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Skype has helped a lot in my company because we can communicate or make meetings virtually by video call, also giving us the ease of working through this application with clients who are far away, thus providing better service. This application has helped me a lot because thanks to it I can present myself at any work meeting easily from a distance, without needing to be in the place.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Eddy L.
Accounting Assistant
Enterprise
(5001-10,000 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"A platform quite varied and with good performance"

What do you like best?

I really like Skype because it allows me to connect professionally and personally, offers video calls that with a decent internet look and hear very well, instant chat, emojis acceptable but could have more, integration to your account Outlook and Office products, is a platform quite varied and with good performance.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's impossible to get calls with good audio, lots of static and strange noises.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is a remarkable tool, useful and easy to use, it has an excellent free version and an even better business version.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Skype is a complete software that communicates with my different departments in the company, it is important for my team to be able to communicate in this way because we work with very important documents that sometimes do not reach their destination by internal mail and we must request them to other employees, this can be delivery orders, invoices and other types of documents.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Samantha S.
manager of sales
Enterprise
(10,001+ employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"is the best program to communicate with other people"

What do you like best?

use skype over 4 years ago and I like it is a very good program helps me to have communication with my family friends from work, also with a very good friend who lives in Italy, it is a good program I like to use it.

What do you dislike?

I do not like it is that sometimes I send spawn messages from people that I do not know and that is very annoying, the company should be more careful, avoid that this type of people bother sending spam messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

is a program that I always recommend to my friends and family to use, I recommend people who use skype is very good program helps to have a very good communication with people who are in the United States or outside the country.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

In the shop where we work, we use Skype, my colleagues always have Skype communication, we form groups and we call video calls to communicate, also our area managers call us or leave messages on Skype, to be informed of something related to the company or the work that we do.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Harsh B.
System Engineer
Primary/Secondary Education
Enterprise
(10,001+ employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"skype lover!"

What do you like best?

Skype is the best source to convey the messages chat and video calls. the best part of the skype is the screen sharing option. you can easily chat with persons do your work and share everything on your desktop easily. i love to use skype even its intstalled in all my devices whether it is mobile , laptop etc.

What do you dislike?

the quality is not much good as it requires a very strong internet connection so its difficult to maintainthe high sped net.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use some lite connections so everyone can easily use and download on each and every device. give some new themes so that we can enjoy the User interface while learning the things or the use of this technology. i strongly recommend the new updates with lots of quality and features so that it will others. skype is best in all as it has lots of features already just need to make it little bit compact so it can be helpful. right now skype is widely used among IT industries or personal use also. its good for tool and people.

cool technology.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

i have shared my work screen with my friends to solve the problems like error in coding, some presentatinn skills, live video lectures etch. skype is best for these things like if you stuck between something and you no one around you then you take help from others easily as its worldwide famous.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Gladys C. A.
Human Resources Assistant
Internet
Mid-Market
(501-1000 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Skype one of the first and one of those who is still alive"

What do you like best?

As a basic IM tool, Skype is ok. Microsoft should do more to improve its functionality and make it easier for users to collaborate. Whilst it's no Slack (pun intended), Skype should at least be able to store/recall past conversations with participants to be more intuitive.

What do you dislike?

File/Screen-sharing capabilities should be improved. Can't recall past conversations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Instant Messaging started off with a bang over 20 years ago, with ICQ, Yahoo Messenger, AOL Messenger, etc. taking off in the private space due to instant responses compared to static communications tools like emails. It wasn't long before it caught on in the corporate world, where Skype grows more and more.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Good Instant Messaging (IM) capabilities - Easy to determine if the person you want to engage is available / occupied via a series of traffic lights - Ability to "remember" previous persons you have chatted with, assuming you do not close the window.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Nahil M.
IT Specialist
Mid-Market
(501-1000 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Is the communicational solution that can be recommended to any company"

What do you like best?

Skype is the communicational solution that can be recommended to any company, offers a wide range of features that are essential, offers high quality video calls, collaborative video conferences and business meetings with more than 200 people, also offers a simple integration to Outlook that allows you to have a complete record of my chats.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we suffer loss of connection during important meetings or can not send necessary files, it is not very frequent but when it happens is very annoying and delays other tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is a very important platform because it keeps me in touch all day, at work with my colleagues and personally with friends and family.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

In my job I am in charge of several technicians and technologies with which I must be communicated to guide them as a team, we have periodic meetings to coordinate the branches that have problems and will be visited for repairs and replacements of parts.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Vidia m.
IT Support Technician
Enterprise
(1001-5000 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Offers collaborative chat that allows sharing data and files of any kind instantly"

What do you like best?

Skype accompanies me everywhere and keeps me connected with my company at all times, offers collaborative chat that allows sharing data and files of any kind instantly, an integrates products included in Office 365 and the ability to make video calls, video conferences and business meetings for groups of up to 250 users present.

What do you dislike?

When I'm away from the city, it's hard to get a good signal and it can't be used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is great for personal use because it allows you to make video calls and chat with several people at once.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

While I work in company servers sometimes I must share screen with my colleagues and my boss so they can follow the process, then I must take pictures and send them to add to my department reports, Skype also offers me the ability to chat, make video calls to my colleagues to ask for opinion and help.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Emma S.
Administrator
Enterprise
(1001-5000 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"compatible with any device"

What do you like best?

Skype is an app that is very easy to use and is cheaper than the plans offered by a telephone operator, I use it because it is easier and cheaper to call customers with a special rate offered by Skype

We can communicate several at a time from the device you have no matter what operating system you have each because the only important thing is to have the Skype app installed so we can communicate with each other and I can search the files sent by user so easy without having to move between the conversation to find what I need

with skype is to have like another line on the phone because I can call and send text messages to other cell phone numbers, I like the option of calls skype with alexa because he calls by me alone to talk to him

What do you dislike?

if I do not have a good internet to connect Skype does not work so well because the resolution of sound and video will be affected and not work properly with good quality, the performance of this app is 100% with a good internet connection otherwise, it will not work no way

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

the rates are cheaper to call landlines and mobile phones and I communicate with customers and friends more easily by chat, call or video

the option of recording video calls is an advantage because I record the conversation and then I can see it again to ensure something that was said or remember something that was spoken to the client

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Castro M.
Virtual Assistant
Information Technology and Services
Small-Business
(Myself Only)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Quality Service"

What do you like best?

Skype has been the best since I started using their services. I have done a lot of interviews and training on Skype. Many of my business transactions have been successful due to Skype. I have had my clients do a one on one chat interview and this has always lead to me being hired. I have also being interviewed on video calls by most of my clients. Not only will you be interviewed on video and message but also on audio calls. You can create new groups and add a team if you are working on a project as a team. Skype never disappoints. I would recommend anyone out there to use Skype. Almist forgot this amazing feature, SCREENSHARE. With this feature you can share screens while trying to demonstrate something to someone. The person on the other side will be able to see exactly what you are trying to tell them.

What do you dislike?

It requires a strong internet connection to successfully converse on Skype. Also sometimes you may have indicated that you are offline(away/invisible) and when you come back online you forget to state that you are active. That being the case, people who want to talk with you will start thinking that you are offline; even after coming back online. I think it would have been good for Skype to always notify their users of the state of their profiles. That is whether one is Active, Away, Invisible or Do Not Disturb.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is the best tool for communicating with potential clients, customers, family, friends and any other person you would like to talk to. Their Video Call, Audio call and Chat forums are the best. Skype never disappoints.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am a freelancer and most of my clients communicate with me via Skype.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Sandra J.
Accounting Assistant
Enterprise
(10,001+ employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Multi-platform business communication software"

What do you like best?

Multi-platform business communication software with low-cost VOIP services, video calls with high-definition image if you have a stable Internet, meetings and videoconferences with many attendees and a chat that allows you to enclose and receive not only messages but also documents, videos, photos and links instantly.

What do you dislike?

If your internet is intermittent or has a low signal it is impossible to use it, it is your main fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It solves basic communication problems and allows the use of more advanced features to optimize employee performance.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It is a very interesting tool because it offers high quality communication services for a moderate price, keeps me in contact with different parts of my company and their representatives to whom I must request important papers that may be missing, also allows me to meet with my boss by video calls which is very comfortable because I should not interrupt my activities while talking to him.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Suzanne W.
Finance Manager
Automotive
Mid-Market
(501-1000 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"A software easy to install."

What do you like best?

That you can easily download and install Skype. It only requires a small amount of your internet bundles and a small storage space.

This software supports videoconferencing. This is a feature that you can communicate to your friends through at any time and place that you are in.

Through Skype you can make video and audio calls that are free. These calls which are fr one Skype user to another help to save the cost and time that I would incurred IG I use other softwares.

It is simple to use. It does not have demand that you cannot meet or that are complicated.

It is a fast software. It ensures that messages are sent very fast and feedback arrives on time when needed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that this software requires me to be I a place with a very strong network so that it can operate well.

It also requires me to make a subscription and that makes it very expensive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very recommendable to those who want to enjoy videoconferencing and the free Skype to Skype calls.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Saving time and cost due to free Skype to Skype calls.

Saving device memory due to easy installation.

Videoconferencing.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Harold T. M.
HR Representative
Enterprise
(10,001+ employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Skype is what I use every day for years"

What do you like best?

The potential of Skype for a person or for a company is very big, all the functions that it has are first level, the video calls are very stable even if you have a relatively slow connection, that's great.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that I would like you to pay more attention is in the application for mobile devices, sometimes it hangs a bit, usually appears a bit of lag since it consumes a lot of mobile resources, I hope you can work on making it a little lighter , but without losing all the functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love Skype with all the functions that it already has and every improvement that they have been doing I appreciate it.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I have saved a lot of time managing some things via group chat, all team members are available for chat or file sharing, if we need to coordinate a last minute meeting, we do it via Skype

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Daniel E.
Human Resources Manager
Construction
Enterprise
(10,001+ employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Simple group video meetings"

What do you like best?

One of the most stable for group communication. I like the interface. It has all the I am looking from a communication tool, buttons where they have to be, everything very neat to work every day.

What do you dislike?

The only big minus is that you aren't able to be logged into 2 different accounts at once natively, or even store login info for 2+ accounts and switch between them, which required me to get a 3rd party app, in which it doesn't allow downloads direct 2 computer for certain file types.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our organization has used Skype for several years. What I loved about it is its ease of use. Additionally, a tool like Skype can be a great inter-departmental connector of people/teams.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

One of the most used functions is the group meetings, there are times when we need to talk about topics that can not wait to schedule a meeting in person and with Skype, this is very simple.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Irving M.
Mobile Application Developer
Mid-Market
(51-200 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Skype - Excellent communication service"

What do you like best?

For me it's easy to download, install and use. It gives me a good platform to hold meetings with several people at the same time. Your video call is one of the most powerful and most important features for everyone. It allows us to share our screen with other people to share our data or private information that we do not want to share in a software copy.

What do you dislike?

By far, I haven't encountered any major issue except for those that file sharing is not much reliable in this tool. Either it gets disappear from the chat box or either it is unable to handle large volume files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

exceptional software through which we can organize conferences, meetings through high-quality live video calls and much more.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am at ease to make conference calls to discuss any on-going matter with the employees at the office with continuous sharing of messages and delivering necessary files.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Martin C.
Web Designer
Internet
Small-Business
(Myself Only)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"The most popular application for chat and calls"

What do you like best?

Skype is a very easy tool to use in all its versions for different devices, especially very easy to use Skype mobile. The only difficulty may lie in the scheduled video conferences where you need to be a more advanced user but once you learn how to configure it, everything is very easy.

The Skype interface by default is very simple and functional although it can be modified by other skins that provide the same application and are visually more beautiful. One of the best features of Skype are chat groups that fit many people and are of different themes, these groups do not cost anything to create, they are free as the entire Skype chat system.

What do you dislike?

The international call costs are very high and it is very noticeable if you are a user who works with people from all over the world. It affects me personally since 90% of my calls are from countries other than mine, although I still use Skype with no problem (I can afford it) I think a lower connection price would be very useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Skype application is free if used as a chat messaging application. For audio calls you must top up your Skype account with balance in EUR or USD, even so, I recommend that when you make a call you have in mind the cost per connection and the cost per minute, if you do not control the spending you will lose your balance fast since the calls are somewhat expensive.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am using Skype to contact my clients and keep them informed about the progress of the projects that I am charged with. Normally I only use the chat but sometimes I use the video conference to explain certain things to clients that do not understand how a web server works. The application is very useful because before I knew it, communication was more complicated since it was only done through email, which limited me a lot.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Tom M.
Graphic Designer
Design
Small-Business
(Myself Only)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Skype, Professional support through chat, audio and video"

What do you like best?

Skype is the best application I've tried that allows chat, audio and video conferencing simultaneously in the same application, has a very low learning curve and is almost as simple as installing the application and start chatting with other people in your environment. Through your own mail, Skype will automatically search for possible contacts that you will automatically add upon confirmation by us.

The best thing in my opinion is the possibility of helping other people through the chat since it is possible to share all kinds of files and even screenshots with which to help guide these people.

What do you dislike?

It is very frustrating when you are, the internet has problems because if you use Skype with video, you suffer cuts in the audio and video which is very annoying, obviously it is not Skype but the connection but this can be solved by lowering the video quality

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that if you are going to use Skype you use the desktop application because it is much more stable than the browser version, especially if you are going to use features such as the call or video conference. It is also possible to try Skype for free although you can only use the chat, the video and the audio you have to pay even though the price is not very high.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I can talk on the phone with people from other countries at a much lower cost than if I did it with my personal telephone company, so it is very useful to save costs on international calls in the business. Skype chat is also very useful because we can contact people even online because the message is pending and can be read later.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Breana G.
manager of sales
Enterprise
(5001-10,000 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"I always use Skype, I like it"

What do you like best?

I like this program because it is very good to be able to communicate with family friends, and also people from work, I use it a lot in several of the devices that I have, also in the computer I use at work.

What do you dislike?

There are few things I do not like about Skype, but once I had a problem with my Skype account and I counted on the support, and I did not get an answer, but I still use it and I like it a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whenever I can I recommend the use of this program, it is very good to have communication, apart from that it is fun to use it I like the design and how easy it is to use Skype.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I believe that the company where I work almost all employees have a Skype account and we use it to create work groups, we also receive skype conferences where we can see the managers advising them to be good workers.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Mariane L.
Human Resources Manager
Consumer Goods
Enterprise
(10,001+ employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Skype The king of instant messaging"

What do you like best?

Video Calls, chat, instant messaging, group calls, international calls, what else could you ask for in a single program? Really Skype is one of the best applications that exists.

What do you dislike?

Lack of organization within the chats - they are separate as far as individual connections - but conversations within the chats are not. Lack of ability to buy phone minutes. It's not easy to connect with other Skype users outside of the organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My overall experience with Skype has been very good. Chat feature is still the best feature. Calls from the app is great. Internal video conferencing works nicely, and having a record of the chats to return to is a great feature. Not many IM apps can say that.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Our company has been using Skype for many years. Most quick intra office communication is accomplished this way - with quick IMs. Remote video conferencing with partners is also a constant use - and all of these features work well. I'd be remiss if I did not say that MS is in the height of their Teams app development - which is meant to fully replace Skype in the near future.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Mary H.
Manager of Sales
Enterprise
(10,001+ employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"I always like to use Skype :)"

What do you like best?

I like it because it is easy to use, it can be used on any device, it also offers many options such as video calls, video group conferences, free international calls and also for payment and many things that I like about Skype.

What do you dislike?

I do not find something I do not like about Skype, so sometimes the program when I use it on the computer takes a long time to open, the company should try to fix that problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I always recommend Skype to all my friends and family, I recommend it because it is a very good program that helps us to have communication with family friends working friends.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I always use skype in my work, even the company uses it to form working groups and to be able to make video conferences or maybe send some important communication to the workers, I think it greatly benefits the use of skype in the work.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Jane M.
Manager of Sales
Enterprise
(10,001+ employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"I like to use Skype"

What do you like best?

I like Skype because it is a program that helps to have communication with many people, I also like that it is free you can make video calls from any device, that's why and many more things that I like to use this program.

What do you dislike?

There are few things that I do not like about Skype, maybe the only problem is that when I make video calls from my cell phone, it consumes a lot of my phone's battery, I think it's the only problem that it has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am a girl that I do not like to recommend something, but in this case if you recommend Skype to some friends since this program is very necessary, I recommend to all people who use Skype.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I think the company has benefited a lot, in my case I use Skype to communicate with other workers in the store, we have also formed work groups and we communicate through Skype, there are also video conferences where we can see executives of the company who are in other states.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by Mathew H.
IT Support Technician
Mid-Market
(201-500 employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Software with multiple qualities"

What do you like best?

I want to highlight Skype because it is a software with multiple qualities, allows to coordinate teams, collaborate between different departments easily and hold online meetings where you can share files and invite many participants.

What do you dislike?

While it is a very good software at the communicational level sometimes falls short at the collaboration level because sending very large files is impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is the way to communicate in a simple and fast way both at work and in the staff because it has an instant cha that allows you to see the contacts that are connected at that time.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

My job has me most of the time out of my office so Skype is my safe-conduct to keep in touch at all times with my colleagues and boss, during the day I am sent tasks in various places that can be offices or managers house to do repair work and optimization of systems.

Copy Review URL
Skype review by George P.
HR Manager
Enterprise
(10,001+ employees)
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Copy Review URL

"Instant chat where you can send and receive documents and photos"

What do you like best?

When I think about sending a message or a file I think about Skype because it is one of the most used software for many years, I have used it since its inception and has improved a lot until today to offer stable video calls and high quality image and sound, instant chat where you can send and receive documents and photos, voice calls and even phone calls, integration with products included in Office and keeps track of conversations in Outlook.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have problems with the android app because having a lot of interacti