Skype

(2250)
4.2 out of 5 stars

Transform the way you work and build your business with one collaborative tool.

Work for Skype?

Learning about Skype?

We can help you find the solution that fits you best.

Skype Reviews

Write a Review
Filter Reviews
Filter Reviews
  • Ratings
  • Company Size
  • User Role
  • For Category
  • Industry
Ratings
Company Size
User Role
For Category
Industry
Showing 2254 Skype reviews
LinkedIn Connections
Skype review by <span>Suhail A. Z.</span>
Suhail A. Z.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Potente software para comunicaciones online. "

What do you like best?

Soy Licenciada en Informática y docente. Uso este software para comunicarme con mis estudiantes. También lo uso para trabajar en actividades investigativas compartiendo ideas y para hablar con mis familiares. Es un software con buenas prestaciones. Me gusta que puedo hablar y chatear al mismo tiempo, lo cual se adapta a la velocidad de la conexión preexistente. Es versatil, me permite usarlo tanto en el computador como desde mi teléfono inteligente. Tiene una buena, bonita, atractiva e intuitiva interface que lo hacen muy fácil de usar. Combina muy bien el chat, con las llamadas y las videoconferencias.

What do you dislike?

Es una aplicación de alto rendimiento. Requiere equipos con buenas prestaciones para funcionar correctamente. Cuando la conexión es lenta la aplicación se torna lenta, y entonces es imposible comunicarse mediante videoconferencias. Sin embargo, se tiene la opción del chat o llamadas. Siempre permanece latente en memoria, lo cual consume muchos recursos de hardware, cuando no se está empleando. Debería poder abrirse y cerrarse a discreción del usuario.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es un producto muy bueno, no dudo en recomendarlo. Úsenlo con confianza. Es versatil para cualquier aplicación. Y de alto rendimiento y disponibilidad.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Es una aplicación muy buena en general. De interfaz sencilla y fácil de usar, con buenas prestaciones que permiten su uso en cualquier ambiente de negocio. Muy buena para ser usada en entornos educativos, tanto mis estudiantes y yo nos beneficiamos mucho comunicándonos y aclarando dudas sobre alguna asignación, cuando no podemos vernos en persona. También la uso para desarrollar estudios científicos compartiendo ideas que encaminan la investigación que realizo. En los negocios es ideal para compartir información de cualquier tipo. Y en lo personal, ideal para ver y hablar con familiares distantes.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Skype
Skype review by <span>Genesis R.</span>
Genesis R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The best tool for communication"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this wonderful tool is the fact of being able to maintain communication with people, regardless of where they are located. Having both its desktop application and its application for smartphones makes it a versatile tool. The Skype interface is very intuitive so it makes it easier for the user to manage their functions, video calls are free and you can also do group video calls and who does not like this? It's great being able to call your colleagues without having any cost, just a good internet connection and that's it!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is bad resolution in terms of sound and video during a video call, it freezes the image so I have to end the call and do it again. The latest updates of the application for Android have been very heavy so the application also responds slowly.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It has helped me a lot since I can keep in touch with my colleagues, from the office I can contact me through video calls with my work group to maintain communication during the development of a project that is being prepared, it is great because if they are not In the office, the people I want to talk to, I can communicate with them via Skype and it's as if we were actually in the same place. Also, working remotely from my house has helped me to communicate with my colleagues to keep abreast of the projects carried out. And leaving terms of work, it has been very useful to communicate with my family that is miles away, which makes it a pleasant experience to have Skype to maintain communication at the time you want and wherever you are.

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Thanks for letting us know!
Skype review by <span>YULIMAR T.</span>
YULIMAR T.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

" It is a practical and easy video calling system"

What do you like best?

It allows me to stay connected with my contacts anywhere in the world, not only can I be located by my email, but it allows the use of a provisional number assigned by the app to receive and make calls anywhere in the world, quality audio and video is much better than whatsaap video flames, real time listeners and the image is quite sharp

What do you dislike?

If by error or carelessness you get to lose your password, the recovery of it is somewhat complex, and when recovering the user you do not always recover all the contacts that you had stored.

The limit of monthly calls per minute in the free version is small, if you want to make a long enough call you must obligatorily pay for the use of the application

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should extend the minutes of video calls for the free version of the software, and the storage capacity of files

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It allows me to stay connected with my contacts, as well as the quality of the image and voice, for group conferences it is an excellent option, as the conversation progresses you can send text messages and the mobile application is light, it does not take up so much space the tablet

Skype review by <span>Jose Manuel V.</span>
Jose Manuel V.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Good communications in good software"

What do you like best?

They have many advantages, being able to create a communication network where many types of files can be shared, regardless of the weight of these, without generating interruptions during the transfers of these, nor does it generate computer processing tension, thus enabling use on computers that do not have as much processing power.

What do you dislike?

If the internet connection decreases for some reason, the communication will be delayed, especially in the video conferences, where the sound will go at a speed and the video to a much slower, so it is advisable to use the video conferences in moments that it is known that the connection is good, not necessarily optimal, but that the communication process can be carried out, so that no interference is generated

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is necessary that your employees can communicate with each other. You can maintain effective communication, as long as you manage the information in an appropriate manner.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Videoconferencing is the most effective way to get in touch with international branches when making a project or planning them, the program has allowed to eliminate the barriers of distance and provide effective communication to the company

Skype review by <span>Lauren J.</span>
Lauren J.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best connection of all of the video conference systems!"

What do you like best?

Skype is so easy to use, and is constantly adding additional fun things to their program. It is easy to access from anywhere, and generally has the best connection of all of the video conferencing programs that I have used.

What do you dislike?

Not much. The program feels a little outdated, but the worst part that I can come up with is that you must have the app downloaded, and it takes a decent amount of space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware of a weak internet signal. It becomes a frustration quickly

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Skype is an easy way to interview a potential employee from a distance, while being able to pick up on some body language, and be a little bit more personable. It has allowed us to cut down on the cost of flying someone out for a more formal interview because we are able to have a better idea of if they will be a good fit or not prior to this commitment.

Skype review by <span>Fran M.</span>
Fran M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Excellent tool to communicate with my friends in the world. "

What do you like best?

With Skype I managed to solve the problem of live communication with friends who are in another part of the world. I really like the ease of this tool of communication to convey emotions, ideas and talks in groups. Also, very good to have an end of the year meeting with the family if they are away from home. For the time I have been using this communication platform, I would say that I am attached to your system.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is interference in the communication and the audio has a return. This usually happens because of the internet connection in the country of one of the two interlocutors. the platform does not have many operations even though it is a tool used very commonly you must update some designs as income by captcha, block some cookies that can be introduced while you communicate and speed up the video transmission mode. There are many waves that do not allow to differentiate the voice of the speaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype can solve situations such as closing a negotiation, knowing about a loved one, motivating groups to perform simpler tasks, transmitting emotions and knowledge. This tool is useful and multifunctional.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Some problems solved with Skype are communications with other people in other countries. With this tool I have managed to be updated with the best of each country, especially those in my region in terms of technology, education and social. At the enterprise level, this tool has been widely used to be used as video conferences among high-ranking workers or to make important decisions.

Skype review by <span>Sachi V.</span>
Sachi V.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Convenient, quick and reliable"

What do you like best?

I love that Skype allows me to connect with multiple individuals at once, without an additional fee. The company is recognized worldwide and it ensures less of a hassle when communicating with people because of its ease of accessibility.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the network connection on skype can be a little iffy, however, this can't always be blamed on the company as people have different wifi speeds and there are many other variables involved. It can also be tough to find peoples usernames at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In terms of recommendations to others considering using Skype for their business or personal needs, I would say it's important to ensure that you have a strong network connection for things to run smoothly and that everyone is already added as a contact. This definitely ensures a smoother user experience.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I personally use Skype most when I need to have a conference and not everyone is at the same place at the same time. The benefits that Skype offers are that I don't need a space to hold all the individuals partaking in the conference, and it allows me to work from the comfort of my home, office or when I'm away.

Skype review by <span>Miranda D.</span>
Miranda D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"No Better Business Solution"

What do you like best?

I love the messenger system the most. It is so easy to see when people are in, busy, or have left work. Skype for Business allows me to interact with my colleagues to schedule meetings, chat over lunches, or even just discuss a simple solution to a problem I am experiencing without having to travel across the office or across the world to have this answered. Phone calls are becoming less and less common. Skype messenger helps fill the gap. The teleconferencing feature is my second favorite aspect. I love being able to have some individuals on the phone while others are video conferencing while others are attending live. It is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it has to be open in order to be active as this slows down my computer and drains my battery. I wish that it did not have to absorb so much of my battery life.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Meeting times, quick solutions, issues with software, discussing matters with colleagues whether they are in another building on campus or another building in another country. I feel as though Skype for Business helps answer so many different business issues.

Skype review by <span>Carla B.</span>
Carla B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

" Very useful software allows you to make calls anywhere in the world. "

What do you like best?

It brings you closer to other people by improving communication. It allows to carry out meetings, video calls, chats and conversations in general with clients from any part of the world, so accelerating any work is very useful. Quick to learn to use.

It brings you closer to other people by improving communication. It allows to carry out meetings, video calls, chats and conversations in general with clients from any part of the world, so accelerating any work is very useful. Quick to learn to use.

compatible with a large number of platforms. It also helps in the personal aspect since we all have a friend or family member away and this software unites us. To the

having mobile application makes it a more useful tool because it is portable and we can take it with us anywhere and receive calls.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the video is slow and hangs on calls. You need a very good internet connection to work properly and be able to use all its functionalities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very useful tool allows you to communicate with any person anywhere in the world at any time and not only by call, also by video and can make conferences with large number of people

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Ideal for conferences reduced the time of organization of meetings, since many times it was not available to perform them in people and this software allows you to meet regardless of your location.

Skype review by <span>Jake V.</span>
Jake V.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Consistently Glitchy for years"

What do you like best?

Has basic video calling and chat functions.

What do you dislike?

Skype is one of the only programs I use that frequently crashes the entire computer. No alt-ctr-delete can save it, no mouse movement at all - the computer literally has to be unplugged because it is utterly unresponsive. The program also freezes and crashes in other ways. This happens on different computers, different operating systems, and has been happening for years. The only constant is Skype. Another annoying aspect is there illogical screen name system. There seem to be two different levels of screen names. Theres the visible one, which is often just your full name, but then theres a 'real' screen name which is often something like 'live:342947194712492FLW' a randomly generated number that is hard to keep track of and is the only way to find your account if your full name happens to be very common and is shared among other users. Having a system that allows for people to share the same visible screen name makes it very easy for impersonators to disguise themselves as other users, because they can simply choose the same display screen name.

Another thing. Why does my computer have 3 different versions of skype on it?!?! And why does my login info not work for all 3. I literally spent 30 minutes last week trying to figure out my name and password and what skype application was going to accept it. Theres skype business, regular skype, and the skype computer app. They are all terrible and I'm having a hard time justifying any of their existence when Google Hangouts is so much more convenient and actually works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it. Its been terrible for years and Microsoft has no interest in making improvements to it or offering any type of support at all.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I can have grainy video calls with co workers.

Skype review by <span>Anand P.</span>
Anand P.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"One of the best voice and video calling service in the market for free"

What do you like best?

The feature of being able to interact with multiple friends/colleagues is a valuable feature. International Skype calling helps eliminate the need to have international calling feature on my phone. Clarity of all the services makes Skype standout amidst all the services available in the market currently.

What do you dislike?

To be frank, I do not see a reason for me to dislike Skype. Probably the procedure to login for skype to await call from friends is a slight niggle, though the mobile app helps counter that problem really well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple service easy to follow and start utilizing. Mobile & desktop service both are really appreciable. It is equally impressive to use both for personal and business purposes.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I utilize it frequently to connect with friends who are generally travelling. The clarity of voice call even when in a region of average internet quality speaks high of the filtering and simplicity of the software. Compared to many other competing software, calling feature is also fairly economical. It also helps me conduct interviews to candidates in an environment similar to face to face transaction.

Skype review by <span>Tamara B.</span>
Tamara B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Used to be cool, but not anymore."

What do you like best?

Skype has been my first choice for instant messaging for years: it is still nice and has plenty of features.

What do you dislike?

I don't like it so much anymore: it has became quite heavy, and it does not work very well with my android smartphone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype has a lot of features both for calls and video conferencing. The things I don't like are that I find it quite heavy... I would prefer a simpler interface and maybe less functions: this would mean less troubles and less workload for computers and smartphones. It's inexpensive, though, so I guess that having some issues is the price to pay. I used some of the advanced features, but I found that Skype becomes a huge bandwidth consumer: I have an ordinary fiber connection that should work well anyway with this kind of software, but sometimes file transfers speed and audio/video quality become low.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It is great to make group phone calls and video conferencing, though, but I find Hangouts lighter. Most of my contacts use Skype, so I keep using it too.

Skype review by <span>Amy T.</span>
Amy T.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"A complete program, very easy to understand."

What do you like best?

It is easy and intuitive for clients, as there are always clients who do not have a good command of social networks and conversation software. In addition, you can use it only for simple conversations and be able to access them whenever you want, as it saves all your conversations online. It is highly secure due to the technology in which it is designed, the platform is very well accepted among the participants of the video calls. It is very easy to find users on the network, the visual experience facilitates decision making, and if it is possible to combine them with chat, conversations, conferences, messages, history, voice and sound, then we face the future, the future is now.

What do you dislike?

Audio option is always perfect however some video calls sometimes get laggy. Some participants get kicked out from the call for no reason. Other than this it is a perfect tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to connect with people remotely. High quality picture and sound make remote instruction a breeze.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Ease of communicating with office employees without having to put customers on hold or wait for an email response etc.

Skype review by <span>Rebecca P.</span>
Rebecca P.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"SKYPE REVIEW"

What do you like best?

I like SKYPE because it is easy to talk to people from different countries besides using just a cell phone. Plus it can be used on several different devices.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes if you are talking to someone from a different country, you cannot hear them very clearly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Skype is a great and very convenient product. It is easy to use for both old and new generations and is used around the world so the accessibility aspect is also a plus. A lot of other softwares are unable to be used between countries and this is mandatory for the job I am in now. Overall, Skype is a great tool for both work and personal use.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We are solving business problems such as speaking with suppliers face to face then over the phone too make a relationship and try to obtain their business.

Skype review by <span>Ajaykumar M.</span>
Ajaykumar M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"An excellent tool for video chat and voice calls"

What do you like best?

The best part in Skype that i liked the most is the clarity in speech and the ease of use. The video calling is very clear without any disturbance. It helps a lot in making client calls and conducting meetings. Whether it is on speaker mode or on mic, the voice is crystal clear and video is of superior quality. Above all, it is economical and the free version comes with default features that serves most of the purpose. In a nutshell, Skype is the best software tool for voice messaging and video calls. You can use it anywhere across the world. All you need is just an internet connection.

What do you dislike?

It gets slower when i try to drag files. Also, it becomes bit difficult to use when the internet connection is not good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend Skype to others for video calls and voice chats. It is undoubtedly the best software messenger tool in the current industry. Be it messaging, video calls, conferencing, business meetings and client calls, it serves all the purpose. The ease of use is the best thing about Skype.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

There has been enormous amount of benefits with Skype. It has helped in placing client calls seamlessly and conduct meetings with clients around the world. Call recordings and file transfers happen on the go and vastly reduces time and improves our business. The ease in conducting meetings with just a click of few buttons makes life easier for customers, clients and business partners.

Skype review by <span>Abby R.</span>
Abby R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great program"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and setup. Skype’s text, voice and video make it simple to share experiences with the people in other locations. SKYPE is a website that allows users to communicate using video and voice calls. Its basic features are free, but you also can access additional features such as group video calls or SMS, either by paying as you go or subscribing.

What do you dislike?

They made account verification so tight that it's frustrating for even the authentic user to verify her/himself. When you contact their support they ask you to fill the same form that has 21 fields, the numbers of steps they will take to resolve your issue. So say your account is compromised; that means you will contact them with the issue; that's 1, they will restrict your account; that's 2, they'll ask you to change your password; that's 3, they remove the restriction from your account so that you can use it again; that's 4; & so on...

Which means that you can keep filling the same exact form with the same exact information on every step of the way for the same issue. So if they will have to follow 24 steps, you will need to fill the same form 24 times

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use your Microsoft Account to make it easier to setup and use!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am able to have meetings with other people in other states with no travel involved.

Skype review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great for calls and text if needed."

What do you like best?

Easy to call someone and can be international or local. Searching friends is easy. it gives much more emoticons and updates for subscription. It has a promo for unlimited call in specific country. Records history chat and doesn't load slow that can easily find the specific chat references.

What do you dislike?

Need WiFi for free calls but only local. Hard to have a quality video because it need so much of internet to better video calls. Not that cheap of price for subscription. Sometimes updates can be confusing and too much of features that needed to understand

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great software to use for connecting with clients or personal reasons. It can give a call subscription that can call in other countries like America or Asian countries. It has promos that can benefit to be in more cheaper price that can help us to communicate well in our clients. This is really recommended because it is already a world wide product which is already tested by a lot of people even the self employed people in using online businesses.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It easily to communicate with our clients and there are apps that can connect with Skype that can be used to record. You cab connect apps that can do additional features in the call. It gives quality video and calls that helps more to understand the physical appearance of the person that we communicated with. It gives setting that makes the calls much more better.

Skype review by <span>Anton Y.</span>
Anton Y.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Skype forever"

What do you like best?

I signed up for skype back in 2007, from that time several times the personal need for this software changed. But there is no need to re-negotiate with potential clients. Skype is one of the main means of communication. The possibility of unlimited communication time, presentation of the screen even in the free version satisfies not only personal needs, but also is a great working tool. Easy to use program to transfer files.

What do you dislike?

I do not have a big complaint, but for a long time I did not like the version of the program for Linux OS. Namely releases 4.1 and 4.3. Not a convenient and not attractive interface. Also, new users are automatically assigned a nickname that is not very convenient for searching or writing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to point out users who are looking for a tool for confident communication and screen capture, we have found a non-replaceable tool for presenting our own development to potential customers.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Selection of separate discussions on problem issues with partners, clients or colleagues, which allows for more rapid reaction of all participants in the conversation. The collective video conferencing and the "screen demonstration" function are a permanent active tool in the work.

Skype review by <span>Beikis Carolina L.</span>
Beikis Carolina L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"I have many ways to communicate."

What do you like best?

Best of all are the video conferences, in addition to being able to share all kinds of data, including videos, images, texts, among others with all my loved ones and coworkers, in a very fast and uncomplicated way. Another advantage is that Skype has a free license, your calls are free and you will always be online with all your contacts.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like very much, is that you have to have a good machine or PC and a good connection to the internet so that there is no interruption or freezing of the image, and thus the conversations are smooth, without the need to repeat information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before starting with this world of videoconferences, it is necessary that you take into account having a good Internet connection so that conversations are fluid and you can not miss any detail. It is a very safe, free and easy to use application. In addition to always being in touch with your friends.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

This program allows me to be in contact with my loved ones who are at a great distance, in addition to sharing experiences with my coworkers.

Skype review by <span>Chrissy R.</span>
Chrissy R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Skype"

What do you like best?

I love that Skype is easy and most everyone has it and knows how to use it. Being a hospitality business it is then easier to speak to one property or another or all of them at the same time. We use this to communicate frequently either via chat or cam depending on the situation. It is also able to be used across many devices and has a good phone app so you can communicate offsite via your phone if you need to.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little iffy sometimes the connections so you have to go out and restart it but for just regular communications it is sufficient

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a super easy platform that doesn't require a lot of computer skill or training so its easy for everyone and can be used across all devices so that is good as well

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

This enables us to communicate quickly and easily. It is a less formal platform than GoToMeeting or WebEx so not difficult for everyone to learn. It has helped us communicate more efficiently and quickly with each other in a less formal way.

Skype review by <span>Santiago A.</span>
Santiago A.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"You will not find such good quality program like this"

What do you like best?

The stability and the quality that it offers you in each call, is the perfect ally for the work by Internet, for me, that I work by this means is essential to me. I have not found a similar program that allows me to have shared desktops as good quality as that Skype offers. No hidden interests, is best.

What do you dislike?

It could be lighter and open to the possibility of competing with WhatsApp and Telegram, I have no criticism of its performance because it is wonderful. At present there are few accounts hotmail used, this is somewhat annoying for those who use the Google platform, it is an aspect to review if they want to win new audiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're new to the world of work online you may not know Skype, but nothing happens, it is easy to use and you can get to know your benefits, if instead you have a lot of time using other platforms and still not make the decision I have to say this is the time, you'll save money and you will have software that is available for mobile and desktop computers.

Besides having everything you need to shorten distances when working with a person located anywhere in the world with an internet connection.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I can meet all my clients, work with them without interruption. Meetings at any time and anywhere calls thanks to its multiplatform benefits. It helps me to keep in a single text, audio and video program, there are clear messaging platforms but do not have the experience of Skype. I would recommend it without hesitation.

Skype review by <span>Edward R.</span>
Edward R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Is Skype all the Hype that is being mentioned.?"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Skype is, the ease of logging on and video chatting with Family and Friends whenever I want to.! Having the ability to see both my Family and Friends without having to drive long distances, saves time and money. Using Skype lets one have more of a personal connection, having the ability to actually see one another rather than just voice makes for a better experience. I would still recommend Skype over competitors such as Hangout, but overall my past history with Skype has made me trust it for future usage.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had many problems with Skype so far, that being said the only concern is that sometimes there are dropped calls. With Microsoft taking over Skype, this will help minimize any problems that may arise. With all of the different software products out there with the all the different capabilities, the one problem that persists is the mobile to mobile quality that I have experienced even recently as yesterday. The overall software or application is still a great way for live chatting, but the quality and the overall experiences that I have seen I will still promote this computer software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to interact with Family and Friends as well as Business professionals then Skype is a great software platform.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Skype allows direct contact when it comes to video conferencing, having the ability to contact clients or even having a face to face meeting is very helpful. The benefits for having Skype for business also include the ability to contact or have a meeting via remote" Phone, Tablet, IPad" which means that having contact wherever and whenever is critical in business.

Skype review by <span>Katherine Adonis G.</span>
Katherine Adonis G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"social network for entrepreneurs"

What do you like best?

Skype is an effective social network to have virtual communication with distant people. It is a social network to make video calls and have a more effective communication. Skype is too great to establish effective and powerful communications with distant people, is ideal for online conferences, has everything a person needs to be always in contact and not miss any detail. it is fantastic to share images videos and multimedia files is ideal so that this application does not miss on your cell or computer. skype is a platform of advanced interaction and sophisticated I like too much your option to share call has worked great in my lectures and long distance explanations. Skype is an effective and immediate solution to establish corporate solutions in video calls, conferences and other virtual communication options. There is no better virtual communication tool than Skype, its services are excellent, and as I said before, your screen sharing option is the best and most effective.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the calls are dropped and it takes time to upload the multimedia files. also multimedia files arrive with errors and are slow to load that would have to be arranged to offer a better service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is a highly recommended communication tool for people who want to have direct contact with distant people. is an effective tool that helps make communication easy and simple. I recommend it for companies, meetings, conferences and talks your choice of screen sharing is excellent.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Skype is my favorite social network to make video calls and keep working communication by that means. I always have direct contact with people who have a different location. It is an incredible social network for people who wish to share experiences through video calls, multimedia files or calls, it is an essential tool for long distance communications.

Skype review by <span>Charles N.</span>
Charles N.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Improving quality "

What do you like best?

It's free so it's ideal for anyone with no budget looking to do internet calls, cheap international phone calls or conference calls. You can easily connect to your email and phone contacts and chose to call them for free online or for competitive rates if calling a mobile or landline. Also, you don't need to schedule a conference call you just need to have your audience/colleague saved in your contacts. You can share video or screens very easily.

What do you dislike?

the quality of the calls is unreliable - too unreliable for sales calls. I have the app on my phone and laptop and they often struggle to sync, which means I might pick up a call on my laptop and my phone will still ring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quality, reliability and user experience are improving

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

All our internal calls are through skype because it's the cheapest and most convenient tool we found to run impromptu calls.

Skype review by <span>Mahmoud E.</span>
Mahmoud E.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"It is easy to communicate!"

What do you like best?

Skype is an essential communication app for all types of communication in our company, I like chatting with Skype because it offers real time communication even across countries, conference call is perfect and the quality for the sound is really different than all other communication apps, I can also share my screen while the audio conference call to facilitate the communication, I also can share files by dragging and dropping to Skype directly which is a really great feature, I also can share contacts easily.

Normal call also always with high quality and very cheap.

What do you dislike?

I always face problems re login to desktop Skype if I logged out for any reasons, as it always force me to use the Chrome Skype or the windows 10 version, but Skype needs to work on this issue urgently as when I forced to use other Skype versions it didn't Sync what was communicated through the normal desktop Skype which is a lose of a very valuable info.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We are using Skype for sharing files, contacts, chatting, audio & video conference calls and normal phone calls to any place world wide

Skype review by <span>giovanni m.</span>
giovanni m.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"communication technology to strengthen the remote work of companies. "

What do you like best?

I like it for being a technological communication tool that is in the vanguard of communications for remote work, which has allowed organizations today to be more efficient, opening up the trend that has been strengthened over the years that is Work from any part of the territory.

It is a tool with many options and applications for the organization of meetings of teams of work at a distance reducing with it expenses of logistic for the transfer of the personnel.

offers video call options, and messaging that with connection to the internet allows the transmission of information immediately.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the tool depends on an excellent connection to the internet, because for civil engineering work, it is necessary to move to various areas of difficult access in the country, which does not necessarily have an excellent connection, as long as the use of skype.

I believe that they can work because they are less dependent on an excellent connection every day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The recommendation that uses it as proof until constant is necessary for the contraction of its service.

I recommend that you use it for operational activities more as a means of communicating confidential information.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

before the increase in price, it is necessary to be more efficient every day in the consecution of the tasks, because, it is required to save as much as possible so as not to damage the operation of the company, for this situation the company started the use of Skype to communicate with its executives from any point of the national territory.

multidisciplinary meetings have been planned to dictate strategic instructions to strengthen the operation of the company.

there have been many benefits that the company has obtained from the application of the tool at work, such as; reduction of the hiring of personnel, minimization of administrative and logistical expenses.

Skype review by <span>teresa p.</span>
teresa p.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"free calls with skype"

What do you like best?

the main reason why it fascinates me is because it is free, I can make calls between users very easily, I can share files, in a very optimal way, when I'm in a video call there is little bandwidth consumption and stability that the application It gives me since it does not consume a lot of resources from my computer, and when I want to connect with my colleagues I can compile my desktop so that they can see in real time the modifications or changes that I am making.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the calls do not fall, and communication tends to be cut off when I am in full coonference does not happen all the time, but sometimes, also on some occasions when I try to send files arrive with some errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype does not need a cover letter and many people in the world are using it, and it is one of the most stable and easy to use free tools.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

we communicate internally with Skype, among my colleagues for some distance interaction, and I use it personally to call my family and friends.

Skype review by <span>Gary H.</span>
Gary H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Skype does a decent job of handling small scale video conferencing tasks."

What do you like best?

Skype has been able to integrate some great features into its platform (screen sharing, call history, missed call log, etc). The user interface is also appealing and easy to navigate to find the features you need. It is also sometimes helpful to be able to use Skype to make a regular call, and add them to a conference call

What do you dislike?

I wish Skype would be able to integrate more features into the mobile applications. It is not always practical to Skype from a computer, so some of the other features would be nice on the mobile platforms.It is not possible to share a screen from a mobile device (which in our case would be most helpful). I have also had some issues with the mobile application crashing and some video buffering issues if the internet connection is not blazing fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may want to research other similar products, but Skype is definitely worthy of consideration in your business use.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Skype has enabled me to shed several hours of driving time from my weekly schedule. We can use Skype to handle some meetings instead of traveling several miles to come together. The ability to video conference is nearly as good as being there in person, and is worth the tradeoff to save driving time.

Skype review by <span>Caitlyn A.</span>
Caitlyn A.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Gets the job done - no more no less"

What do you like best?

I use it to hold meetings with my colleagues who work remotely. I like how, generally, it is simple to hold long and short meetings with coworkers I would otherwise have to do a group phone call with. It helps maintain to face to face time to better discuss what needs to be done. I also enjoy the chat feature.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the glitches I've run into with video quality, and the constant updates that need to be done. it's difficult to have to update Skype nearly every time I need to run it. I don't like the display visually. With it's constant updating, you'd think it'd be up to speed like other platforms of this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It gets the job done, but don't expect anything fancy or ground breaking.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We're solving the problem of not having enough face-time with our colleagues that work domestically and internationally. Intention and meaning can get lost over phone calls, and being able to include video to our meetings truly improves the quality and overall team moral.

Skype review by <span>Neha C.</span>
Neha C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"My Experience with Skype"

What do you like best?

1) Easy method for file sharing and giving presentations on phone.

2) Very good source for video call as well as audio calls. It can connect from any device with stable internet connection, one can make a video call from a phone, tablet or any other device.

3) Easy to use.

4) Online meetings are easily recorded.

5) Secure communication.

6) Online status of Skype contacts can be viewed so that one can communicate across the organization.

What do you dislike?

1) It can take longer time to reconnect if ones disconnected.

2) Sometime call quality is not good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend Skype because it is very useful software. It enables everyone across the world to communicate and collaborate. Wondering if you should use Skype for your buisness meetings.It has various unique features like one can also be used to talk with non-Skype users.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

1) Meetings can schedule through Microsoft Outlook.

2) Remotely control others’ desktops.

3) More numbers of people can connect which is very useful for business meetings.

Skype review by <span>Patrick G.</span>
Patrick G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Working great, except for the latest version for Windows"

What do you like best?

It’s easy to make video calls and it works well. I use the phone version. I also like that I can text and send pictures and files during calls or before/after.

What do you dislike?

The latest version for windows computers doesn’t work. It keeps crashing. The video will freeze and I can’t see the person I’m talking to. They say they can see me but the colors are mixed up. I can’t share my screen properly. Everything was working fine before, but ever since I had to update it, I’ve had these problems. And I’m not able to go back to the previous version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I’m just disappointed with the latest windows version that has so many bugs and problems. Otherwise I have nothing negative to say. The mobile version is working fine.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use Skype to call my students. The classes are done through Skype.

Skype review by <span>Natacha M.</span>
Natacha M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Herramienta innovadora que permite minimizar gastos en la empresa"

What do you like best?

- No requiere de mucho ancho de banda para mantener una conexión estable.

- Permite intercambiar archivos en tiempo real.

-Se pueden realizar varias llamadas a la vez permitiendo compartir la pantalla de cada usuario en el programa.

-El entorno de manejo es muy fácil ya que tiene iconos definidos que son atractivos visualmente.

-Da la facilidad de guardar o compartir cualquier tipo de archivo desde onedrive desechando así el tener que cargarlos en dispositivos extraibles

-Se adapta a todos los sistemas operativos.

What do you dislike?

- Para disfrutar del buzón de voz y realizar llamadas a teléfono fijos hay que pagar por el servicio.

-Demanda mucha utilización de memoria Ram lo que hace que la computadora presente lentitud en los procesos.

- En ocasiones se presentan retardo en el sonido con respecto al sonido

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excelente producto para la comunicación a distancia, con el se pueden intercambia información en tiempo real debido a los recursos que ofrece la plataforma

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

- Se ha permitido establecer comunicación con 15 regiones distintas al mismo tiempo semanalmente lo que ayuda a mantener una constante actualización sobre los temas que se manejan la organización.

-Gracias al programa se puede enviar documentos de interés que pueden ser revisados mientras se mantiene la videoconferencia los cuales son discutidos por todos.

-Utilizando esta herramienta la organización se ahorra una alta suma de dinero ya que no gasta en movilización y translado de los directivos, permite el ahorro de tiempo el cual puede ser empleado en otras tareas asignadas en la organización

Skype review by <span>Andrew S.</span>
Andrew S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Beautiful"

What do you like best?

Skype is one of the most popular chatting application out there, as so many people use this its easy to contact them. the basic plan of Skype is free which includes messaging as well as video calling, which enables everyone to use it. the speed of the messaging is also quite impressive. the interface of Skype is really appealing and easy to use. the notifications are also fashioned in a beautiful way. the application is available in all the platforms as well as on mobile devices which keeps you connected even when you're away from your desk. a video calling feature is a great tool and which works fluently even when the connection is not the ideal one. it also saves your chat history for a long time and additional features like search through chat history can be handy when communicating. like all the messaging applications out there skype also got features such as changing your status and making your invisible when you don't want to be seen online but want to use the application anyways. screen sharing option is another great tool provided by skype that allows you to share your desktop with the other user.

What do you dislike?

the integration with google chrome to skype calls is too messy and hard to set up. internet speed can affect the application and features such as video calling seriously.sometimes the application takes too much time to load . the audio isn't the best out there and echo are common during skype calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is probably the best conferencing app out there, i highly recommend you to use it.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

conferencing and keeping contact with business as well as personal contacts.

Skype review by <span>Morez K.</span>
Morez K.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Skype handles most of your calling needs by offering high quality audio and video"

What do you like best?

Skype has been around for years dominating the video calling market. Before Face-time or other messaging apps with video features, Skype was there connecting people from all over the World. We use Skype on a business level so one account for the entire business. So far, it has worked as we needed. We are able to add people in conversations and mute if needed. This have allow us to save travel time when having meetings and scheduled client intakes at different locations considering city parking these days.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about Skype. However, there are room for additional features and improvements. It will be great to see Skype get more advance with business virtual calling. However, that may be a different software to review. Now of course Skype has not replaced the traditional phone system and with the advance of technology, i'm sure Skype can look at ways to make the software eventually replace traditional phones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider who and where you plan to use Skype. Consider the quality of video and audio you prefer in your software. Skype may be able to provide you with those needs compared to other software.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We have used Skype mainly to do video conference calls. It is widely used and amazing how we are able to do job interviews, client intakes, and meet with partners from the comfort of our office. In addition, more likely, whomever you are video calling will more likely have Skype already.

Skype review by <span>Christina M.</span>
Christina M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Functional for Work"

What do you like best?

I am grateful for the features that make working remotely easier. I am in consulting and only visit my company's home office twice a year. I stay in touch with my boss and colleagues mainly by Skype. My favorite features are conference calling with multiple parties (so we don't have to have two in the same location) and screen sharing. We save a lot of money on travel and phone usage because of Skype.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Skype seems difficult to navigate, especially when looking for specific features. Adding and searching contacts is not intuitive. The program menu can be hard to use. Honestly, this is me being picky about finding something I dislike, because I have to answer the question. I very much like Skype overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paid subscription is not necessary. You get everything you need with a free account--just have your clients sign up, too, so you won't have to pay for Skype-to-phone credits.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

As mentioned in what I like about Skype, we save a lot on travel, phone usage, and expenses for our clients by not having to be in a specific location for presentations, etc.

Skype review by <span>Roderick Y.</span>
Roderick Y.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Skype is a good way to video call and chat - but just good."

What do you like best?

I like the way that it is easy to see who is online and offline, and how easy it is to call.

What do you dislike?

The way that Microsoft changes the apps on iOS and Macs is unfortunate, because they change functionality with little notice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is quite good at what it does. Occasionally there are dropped calls, and poor call quality, but it's getting better over the years. Also, there can be weird things that happen between the desktop version and the iOS version, in that screen shares occasionally don't work at all. I don't like that Microsoft changes things, making things that were formerly free now requiring payment, but it's a free application, so I think it's fair to expect being annoyed every once in a while.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I work in the middle of Canada, and my boss and much of the other staff work on the west coast. Skype has made calling for staff meetings and meetings with my boss free and simple.

Skype review by <span>Laura G.</span>
Laura G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"With Skype, distance is not a barrier to communicate."

What do you like best?

Skype is very easy to install and use. Where you are you can use it. With this program you can call anywhere in the world for free to other people who have Skype, fixed and mobile phones. With the number assigned by Skype you can receive calls from anywhere and even voice messages. have a great chat by which we can keep in touch, we can also send any type of file (photos, documents of any kind (Excel, Word, Power Point, pdf, etc.). With Skype we can also send text messages to mobile phones.

We can communicate at no cost to anyone who has Skype installed on their devices (PCs, Laptop, Table, Mobile phones, etc).

Perfect to make video calls to our loved ones that are outside the country and we have no way to visit them.

What do you dislike?

The program is not compatible with all operating systems. Calls to numbers that do not have a Skype user are very expensive. When you are in a video call the sound and the image are not synchronized. the computer gets a little slow on a video call and other applications can not be used. The quality of the service depends on the bandwidth you have.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

To be able to communicate with the loved ones that are in other countries or in another locality.

Skype review by <span>Anthony V.</span>
Anthony V.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Using skype for my Customer Service team reduces my phone costs dramatically"

What do you like best?

It is simple and easy to use. It can do screen sharing and video conferencing.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are issues where the skype calls drop. I think that Microsoft does some maintenance where it affects this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My monthly costs for phone bills go down dramatically. Our clients are based all over CA and USA. Having a customer service agent spend 1 hour on a long distance phone call can run the bills up pretty high. In our case, we have 12 customer service agents spending all day long on the phone. There is also the chat feature between other skype users in our group. In this case, 1 agent can chat to another agent, ask them a question while still be on the call with the client. I can chat to an agent when i need them to come and see me for whatever reason. When they are done their call, they see my chat. It really does help my entire teams workflow. We also have some staff that is offsite. It is nice to be able to video conference them to talk face to face.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

My monthly costs for phone bills go down dramatically. Our clients are based all over CA and USA. Having a customer service agent spend 1 hour on a long distance phone call can run the bills up pretty high. In our case, we have 12 customer service agents spending all day long on the phone. Skype saves me in this department.

Skype review by <span>Rosalia D.</span>
Rosalia D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"high quality voip calls"

What do you like best?

It is one of the most used software currently, for communications at distances through the technologies of voip, it allows me to communicate with my relatives from anywhere in the world with only having an internet connection, it allows me to share my desktop and Make calls for free, with other Skype users.

What do you dislike?

What displeases me is that to call telephone numbers, you need to have a balance, and recharge our account, that is, the call service is payment, when I try to make transferences of files it is a bit slow, but nevertheless the benefits of communication by Voice are impressive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Skype because its interface is pleasant and very easy to use for all users. I have all access to the view and it allows me to interact directly with my contacts. in each of the icons of my contacts.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

allows us to establish meetings by voice from anywhere, to interact instantly with members of a group that can be created, it should be noted that communications are very

Skype review by <span>An P.</span>
An P.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Ideal way to make phone calls home when travelling internationally"

What do you like best?

I travel a lot and making international phone calls can be expensive. It is very simple to connect to free Wi-Fi and then make any phone calls using Skype. Skype to Skype and 1-800 numbers in the US are free as well. Domestic rates per minute are also a lot cheaper than most Pay-As-You-Go mobile plans. Monthly rates similarly only $2.99 per month including some access in foreign countries.

What do you dislike?

The price of a Skype Number per month is too expensive. Using FreedomPop domestically is a better alternative although their free usage limits are a problem sometimes. Receiving SMS to Skype is still not available despite it being a simple thing to implement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having Skype available on your mobile phone can sometimes save you when your travelling and your mobile phone doesn't have any service in remote areas.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use Skype for video teleconferencing most of the time. The software is installed already on most Windows computers although some people prefer other clients.

Skype review by <span>Samantha N.</span>
Samantha N.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Good for small groups"

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to both chat with colleagues as well as meet via video stream. I prefer Skype to other video chat platforms.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are some users who may no longer have active accounts but can have the same (or very very similar) usernames! It's been an issue more than once when we try to start a call that one person's username is in use by someone else and we end up with a stranger on the call or aren't able to connect at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make a really unique username! (I would recommend adding several numbers at the end to make sure that there won't be confusion between you and someone else with a similar name)

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It's really convenient for getting work done when we are all on vacation or otherwise in different locations around the country.

Skype review by <span>Raj B.</span>
Raj B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Skype a better option for video conference."

What do you like best?

The best about skype is that it is very user friendly and easliy availabe to everyone.with the help of skype i am able to attend various meetings of my office.also with the help of skype i can have direct interaction with my juniors to provide them with perfect guidelines related to there work.also skype do not have any extra charges other than just data connectivity.so according to me it is an best option for visual interraction with the officemates and my clients.The main advantage of skype is that its is available now in almost every operating system.so its makes the user very easy to acess it from anywhere,all required is an longin ID and password.you cal also access it from web directly.i would recommend skype as it is from a trusted supplier and also free software available for the amazing video calling purpose.The user interface the skype is also very amazing and a kind that a user requires to have in his daily uses software.

What do you dislike?

Not much of dislike but only one thing is that the quality of video call is not as good as required.it requires a high speed internet connection for best outputs.also i have found that there are some bugs which results in the disconnection of the video call.Skype also requires high speed internet to perform obstacle free video calling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

according to me skype is a worth using software for video conferencing.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Absence of some important employees can be fulfilled by connecting with them via skype for important meetings.

Skype review by <span>Megan F.</span>
Megan F.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Good video messanger but I think there are stronger options availalable now"

What do you like best?

Skype was one of the first video messaging software out there. It always worked when I was abroad and needed to use it. I have done a lot of interviews and conference calls on this and it has worked well. There is also an option to use an App which is great because I can use it on the go. I use it from my phone and from my computer. Almost everyone I have ever wanted to speak with has a skype account. The universalness of this product makes it really great!

What do you dislike?

It seems a bit outdated and can drop the call pretty easily. Often when I first connect to the call there is an issue hearing one side of the person or seeing the video on one side of the screen. It uses a lot of data and is not as convenient as other software that is connected to social media or cell phone systems. There are also a lot of free services that are available in this day and age so I am happy to have those and use them instead of skype to save money. International calls from computer to cell phone can get expensive with skype.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that it is compatible with your office software

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Parent teacher conferences can work using skype. We can also have pen pals for students in different countries or interviews. I have used this in grad school from my interview to get into school to working with professors for conferences to organizing group discussions. Personally I have been living abroad for years and this has helped me stay connected to family and friends. It was one of the first video software that I could use so I was really happy to have it in situations where I did not see family and friends for several years. It is also much cheaper than making a phone call!

Skype review by <span>monica b.</span>
monica b.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"one of the most stable vo ip"

What do you like best?

I like it because it is fast and easy to install, it does not take much knowledge for its installation with a simple installation interface, it also allows me to make free calls with other users no matter where you are in the world, it has a high compatibility with most of the existing firewalls, the routers among others, in addition to all these benefits the quality of the calls are impeccable, in comparison with its competitors.

What do you dislike?

There are things that I do not like, such as having unwanted contacts for example, for me to call telephone numbers I have to pay, in addition to this the voice mailbox is not free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This powerful application can connect you with different people, be it your family, or simply make web conferences, it is very stable and very simple to use I recommend it.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use skype as a personal application to communicate with my family free of charge through interaction between users, I do not need high bandwidth, since the voip channel is quite flexible, and I communicate very efficiently with my relatives maintaining a High quality on the call or video call as appropriate.

Skype review by <span>Temitope F.</span>
Temitope F.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Fit my professional connectivity requirement."

What do you like best?

SCREEN SHARING - Screen sharing is an easy way for me to collaborate with my colleagues at work ; allowing me display a program or some features on my pc for work.I am also able to give my colleagues on the call ,control over the screen allowing them move the mouse and show highlight things for me on the remotely.

As a single user, I am able to make low-cost VoIP calls .This is especially useful for calling friends and relatives abroad.

I like the instant messaging function and the ability to create discussion groups on Skype.

What do you dislike?

There is need for improving of Skype's voice quality control.I also wish I am able to integrate my favourite collaboration software with this tool ,such as WebEx and GoToMeeting.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

At Iroko tv , we use this program as a work tool for the different teams in the company to communicate within themselves and with other teams in the organization.Thereby greatly limiting the use of Telephone conversations.

Skype review by <span>Kevin S.</span>
Kevin S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Skype has delivered a great experience and continue to expand!"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the all of the features that skype has integrated over the years. I consistently see new things and the ability to customize the look and feel of the colours / interface is what I think I like most.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot that I dislike here. Maybe the only thing is the settings to determine if sound and video are working properly. I also find that the notifications for the Windows 10 version do not pop up or the sound is inconsistent with when it works or does not work. On Mac the notifications work seamlessly!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is great for both Business and Personal use. I would probably recommend another software if you have a business with 10+ elployees

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We communicate through skype on a regular basis. We know that there are other options out there but the ease of use makes it so hard to change away from skype!

Skype review by <span>Carlo Z.</span>
Carlo Z.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"communication about voip"

What do you like best?

I like it because it has a very easy to use interface, it is fast and easy to install, the calls are free among users from anywhere in the world, it works with most of the existing firewalls, besides this was created in a multiplatform way. on almost any platform, or phone it should be noted that the quality of the video is quite stable.

What do you dislike?

When you have unwanted contacts, you can not block that person keeps writing to you, without your consent, when I want to make a call to a landline phone I have to pay is not free and in addition to this, the voice mailbox is not free either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this software is of great help when you need to communicate from another country, it is necessary that the parties that are going to communicate both have skype installed on their devices the call is free between users, for this reason I recommend it to all users.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We currently use Skype to make calls when we are in the company we communicate via Skype, making both video calls and voice calls, with the value of the data consumption, it is necessary to have a stable connection to the Internet.

Skype review by <span>Zee G.</span>
Zee G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Perfect for businesses and personal use"

What do you like best?

The fact that many people have a Skype account is the best part :) With less known platforms, sometimes you'd have to create a separate account in another program, but most have Skype. Also, it is available for almost all the platforms - Apple, Windows, Linux operating systems plus the mobile (native iOS, Android, and WindowsPhone).

It also has video conferencing opportunities and the shared screen feature, which is very useful, especially if you need to show your client a presentation.

You can also easily transfer files (presentations or working documents or pictures) via Skype.

There is another feature: getting a direct link to the group chat that you can send to your colleagues, friends, post it on the internet (in case, for example, you have a webinar coming up that you want people to see and not do it via Facebook or other networks.)

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the quality of the calls are not the best, but that mostly depends on the internet connection strength.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a product that is available for Mac, Windows, Linux, and Web (and all the major mobile devices) - Skype is your solution. Easy to set up, quite easy to use. Sometimes it has trouble with connection, but most of the time, there's no problem.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

1. We keep our clients updated regarding their projects via video/voice calls

2. We meet with potential clients via Skype, especially if they are in another town/country

3. We conduct job interviews over Skype with those candidates, who currently live in another location, yet are interested in the job enough to move and we are interested in their abilities.

Skype review by <span>Victoria S.</span>
Victoria S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great! As Long as You Have Signal"

What do you like best?

Skype can be operated just like your telephone dialer; you can just call, or you can "face time" your conversations. Great for when you're running off of Wi-fi, and would rather not use up your data, if you have limits.

What do you dislike?

It's getting better, but the clarity and picture can be really bad if the Wi-fi signal isn't strong enough. But there's not much Skype can do for your Wi-fi issues. It took a little while for me to figure out the layout on the mobile app (versus on the computer). Adding people to an ongoing call was a little difficult at first, but that has improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Awesome if you need to save money and can't afford much data, either on a personal or a business level.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

When low on data, this app can be amazing, a life-saver, and a money-saver!

Skype review by <span>Indi S.</span>
Indi S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Skype for Business is all you need"

What do you like best?

Calling to Skype contacts and phone numbers, the superb call quality as long as internet if fast enough. Runs seamlessly behind the scene. Screen share feature is fast, reliable and offers many options, basically the same as competitors, but this is pre-installed software, so works much faster to start something.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it hangs up and becomes not responsive, so have to restart the program, but this is not too often. Also, not really flexible when it comes to file sharing, as shared drive is more convenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best business conferencing line out there unless your company wants to use some open source option that might be free. Although the pricing might have been more competitive, it is justifiable

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Since working remotely, this is very vital tool to do calls, create web conferences where I can share my screen and even give control to other people, e.g. admins, to configure my laptop remotely.

Skype review by <span>Jeeru Ravi R.</span>
Jeeru Ravi R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The best tool for communication "

What do you like best?

There are many best features in the skype. This is the best communication tool for both the personal and business purposes. It uses less bandwidth. It is free of cost to download and easy to install and use. It supports mobile platform also, which makes many things easy. Skype has become a part in my daily day life. You can send messages and you can chat with the person, though you are in skype call with other persons. The screensharing, group video calls, conference calls, recording etc are the many features which it got.

What do you dislike?

There are no major problems with the Skype. The only thing is if you want to call to another landline or mobile number from the skype you have , it is not free of cost, you have to recharge for that. However, skype to skype calls are always free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend Skype to my friends, colleagues. As this is the best communication tool and user friendly. Skype for business is also available for the business purposes.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Screen sharing and the conference calls helps me a lot for the business purpose. The audio capability is also good in the skype, you can share the screen to the clients when you are in call with them, which helps to find out the issues easily. More number of members can join the group call, which is very useful for the group calls with the client.

Skype review by <span>Keyla D.</span>
Keyla D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Skype the only and most complete communication system"

What do you like best?

Skype has long become my main ally when it comes to making communications, at work allows me to be up to date and in constant connection with other employees and technicians at the time of any questions or services. The option of videoconferencing with several people is one of the tools that I like the most.

Since Skype was created, its interface is very simple and easy to use, its icons and buttons are easily understood.

The voice calls have also benefited me a lot, I can make communications nationally and internationally. Simply this platform has maintained its quality and prestige during all the time that I have been using it, becoming my main communication system.

What do you dislike?

I do not have many criticisms and complaints of Skype, but I would like to improve the quality of the image when making a video call.

Another detail that bothers me, is that you should bring factory configured the option that does not start when you turn on the computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely this program is recommended to all people who for one reason or another need to be communicated, either at work or simply to be in contact with family and friends.

Skype is the number one in communications.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Skype solves my main communication problem, I do not need large central or telephone cables to perform this daily action. Your facility is wonderful.

It saves me a lot of money, if I had to use another system the quality and price would not be the same.

Skype review by <span>Juan Camilo R.</span>
Juan Camilo R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Reliable, universally available, bloated communication tool."

What do you like best?

Skype is everywhere and is synonym with online communications.

Whenever you need a family, school or business call, or videoconference and there's no other tools available, you can bet your client or business partner will instantly understand when you offer to skype him.

It's available on every piece of hardware you could think of, from TVs, pc, mac, cell phones, tablets and mostly anything else, Skype calls are free, sound and video quality is good enough.

What do you dislike?

Bloated, bloated, bloated.

Later revisions of the software are unnecesarily large, consume and unnecesary amount of hardware resources, auto start and are hard to completely close from your pc, and you can't help but get the feeling that once you installed you're forced to always have it opened.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using older versions on old hardware since most recent iterations are unnecesary bloated. Consider sticking to the mobile option.

consider the need for multiple profiles, (Business and personal accounts for better contact handling)

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Skype has allowed me to hold hundreds of international calls with business clients and partners.

Skype has allowed me to make international and local calls on the go while using the app on my cell phone without the need or a PC or additional hardware

Skype review by <span>Patrick M.</span>
Patrick M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Fast communication, zero problems"

What do you like best?

I very much like the functionalities that Skype offers such as being able to tag a person for status changes so you get notified when a person comes back online. This is very useful when you have an urgent problem to solve with one of your colleagues and you don't have to spend your time checking whether they are online or not, skype notifies when they are back online. I also like how well developed it is in the sense that I've had zero problems when using it at my workplace.I'm

What do you dislike?

I haven't found many things to dislike about Skype. Video conferences can be a bit laggy sometimes, but I've never had a circumstance where this became an issue.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

When telcommuting from home, Skype has been a wonderful tool to keep in touch with my organization, and uave meetings as if I was in the room with my team.

Skype review by <span>Akshay V.</span>
Akshay V.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Amazing Video Calling Application"

What do you like best?

User Interface is the key of this application. It's so clean and easy to use. Video quality is very google as compared to other applications. Free calling to United States makes it more useful to call people.

What do you dislike?

I found lags on group video conferencing calls multiple times, though the network speed was excellent.

I hope this could be solved soon.

Else it's the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is a must have application for any user. Every other person has it either on their phone or laptop or desktop. You can make free calls or use skype credits to call any person in the world.

Must have for everyone

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

As I work with fortune 100 companies, so need to pre-qualify if candidate is genuine or not. Discussing them about the opportunities makes easy for both parties to get trust on each other.

Skype review by <span>Massiel D.</span>
Massiel D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Skype the best and most powerful tool for online communications"

What do you like best?

Skype has become one of the best tools for international communications, its platform gives me the opportunity to maintain contact with my family, friends and for work.

As for the work, its videoconferencing function is amazing because it allows me to share my ideas with several people at the same time.

To make international calls is wonderful, and its cost is not so high compared to other operators.

The best thing is that it works with any operating system.

The quality and sound of communications is one of its main advantages being a very secure platform.

What do you dislike?

With respect to Skype, I do not have great reviews, I do not like the option that you have unwanted contacts, your voice mailbox and calls are not free.

Very rarely the quality of videos and sound tends to fail, but it is not so consistent.

When downloading from another page that is not the official one, they can have viruses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely this program has become one of the best communications programs in the world, I recommend it for all people to maintain direct communication, simple and with incredible quality.

To make the videoconferences is ideal, its quality and security provides an incredible tranquility.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I love it, because with Skype because I maintain direct communications with my family and for work is incredible, I use it to impart my advertising knowledge with several people at the same time.

The calls to landlines are very good, and their price is not that high compared to other platforms.

From any computer I can establish connection in a very secure way.

Skype review by <span>Serpil D.</span>
Serpil D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Perfect communication tool for anyone !"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Skype is you can keep connection with your family and your team mates in anywhere. Video conferences and multi-call advantage for conferences are great. I love the way Skype is making me connect with my clients and I am making meetings with them whenever I want. Sharing documents like photos is also great.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I am on phone call or video call with Skype, just voices are being cut suddenly before I was thinking it is about my internet or something but then I checked it is not about me it is about product, I think it should be brought new update for these kind of problems. honestly I do not face so often with this problem but anyways I want Skype to be best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend for anyone being workers or teacher or can be students basicly can be anyone who are living far away from his/her family or company. With Skype your loved one and your business will be next to you.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am working by travelling and thanks to Skype whenever I want I can communicate with my company or my clients in anywhere. the most important thing for me Skype is completely safe and reliable this is what customers looking for and Skype has this.

Skype review by <span>Vadim I.</span>
Vadim I.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Totally unusable after the latest update"

What do you like best?

Some time ago Skype was the most popular messaging app with ability to make audio calls and create video conferences. It was even suitable for enterprise needs. Skype is still widely used so you can find almost everyone there. It is basically free to use, you pay only for additional features, if you need these

What do you dislike?

Every new update brings new issues, and the latest one for UWP version, made it unusable at all. Graphics are corrupted, calls does not even start, you are getting missed call notification without the call itself. No support from Microsoft at all. The only answer a was able to get that it is " currently offline for maintenance" or "there are some ongoing issues, that affects end-users", but no explanation or any timelines are provided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to use something else, even with good paid additions, basic functions are unusable, so you will just waste your money with it

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Was the most useful communication tool for us, now we have to search for different solutions

Skype review by <span>Soma G.</span>
Soma G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great Software Application"

What do you like best?

The best thing about the Skype is multi conferencing. It is easy to download and install, it is free and user friendly. We can chat while the calling is going on. The latest version of the Skype got many best features compared to the previous version. We can change the theme of the Skype, which is the best feature. It provides more emoticons and GIF's.

What do you dislike?

I have been using this since five years. The only problem I think about this is, it does not provide free services for phone calling(calling to the landline and mobiles), only Skype to Skype calls are free. And the Skype app in the mobile takes the more mobile data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As, this is the best application used for both personal and business, I would strongly recommend Skype to my friends, colleagues. The latest features it got made us happy. Deleting the chat of a person permanently and deleting the message which is wrongly sent these are the best features. It is free to download. So, I can say that it is a must useful application in our daily life.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Yes, ofcourse there are many benefits of using Skype. When we are going through the client calls, the screen sharing feature helps a lot, to convey the correct information to the client. We can have more than 10 people in the conference call. Video conference quality is also good compared to the other applications. Joining the meeting is very easy even for the beginner who is new to the Skype.

Skype review by <span>Keerthi Abinesh R.</span>
Keerthi Abinesh R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Skype - Video and audio chat platform"

What do you like best?

Video chats and audio chatswith family and friends, skype to skype calls, skype to mobile calls, caller id, messaging, emojis, group chats, screen sharing, group screen sharing, sending files, sending contacts, skype manager, easy to download, group calls, one to one calls.

Basic version is free and it is available for Mac and WIndows. Compatible with mobile phones and tablets.Businesses can use this program to save money

What do you dislike?

There is nothing in particular I dislike about the product. International calls cost. There is a possible security breach by government through wiretapping capabilities. Could be used a tool for cyber bullying. Requires high internet speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend skype to colleagues who work remotely and from home so that they can easily connect with their peers. I would recommend it to students so that they can use it to connect with professors around the world and so that they will be able to get in touch with international faculties by just a video call away. Students can also use it to attend lectures from international professors and teachers and can also use the platform to get their doubts cleared from peers and teachers.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

The separate edition Skype for business is is a secure and reliable enterprise edition of the globally adopted consumer version Skype. It is widely used by the organisations so that their employees can access and use multiple communication applications through a single interface from any location. It helps in cost savings from business point of view and helps to connect people from various organisation widely.

Skype review by <span>Bill G.</span>
Bill G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Works well now on MacOS and iOS"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that Skype’s performance has improved on the Mac and in iOS. I also like that almost everyone has it. So, your chances of connecting with someone are better than with any other product, including Apple’s own FaceTime, which...unless I’m mistaken...only works between Apple devices.

What do you dislike?

Well, it’s owned my Microsoft. I’ve always been more than a little leery of the brand. Trust issues, I guess.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You’ve all heard of it, and you’ve likely all used it...at one time or another. What’s the best way to know whether or not a product is for you? Use it. Make your own decision.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

When cell connectivity is spotty or intermittent, Skype is there to provide a quality voice call backup. And, it’s a good alternative for video conferencing, when the need arises, and it’s affordable and dependable.

Skype review by <span>Dmitry R.</span>
Dmitry R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Good, but maybe better"

What do you like best?

I like best group calls, video conference, document transfer. In addition, I found screen sharing very useful. Now I use the newest version which has an amazing black skin. Moreover, I often use search in it. It seems easier to use than the previous one.

What do you dislike?

However, search the latest version has a detrimental effect. It uses for search not only conversations but also contacts.

From my perspective, it's better to divide the search into two types. In this case would be no so many search results.

Moreover, the latest version of Skype does not provide an opportunity to save a started conversation. If you switch to another conversation skype will erase all typed content that wasn't have been sent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and good voice quality.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We use Skype for Scrum meetings, an internal development team communication, communication between our Product owner and development team, and as an additional channel for conversation.

In addition, we use group chats for all our software projects and corporate common chat.

Skype review by <span>Hazel O.</span>
Hazel O.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Skype"

What do you like best?

Good full-screen video quality. Clear sound. Simple interface. You can use it to converse to multiple contact by creating a grouo and vid chat all at the same time.it is very helpful to my work especially that we are working as a team.i dont need to ping each and everyone in my team ill just create a group and start a video call instead.it is one of the most usefuls tool that we have in the office right now.

What do you dislike?

Im nit sure what the technical reason but sometimes it buffers sometimes it just keep on loading.sometimes my status is available but on my colleauges' ends im away.probably internet connectiin but not sure though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is a powerful communication service, offering not only free group video calling, but also calling to standard phones, rich text chatting, live translation, and now bots.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Skype is a powerful communication service, it is very useful.I dont have to go to my team to talk to them i just ping them in skyoe and communucate regarding our projects.

Skype review by <span>Remon A.</span>
Remon A.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great App For Calling"

What do you like best?

Great Application For Calling

Great Application For Chatting

One Skype for All Devices

Discover the world of Skype

Skype is for doing things together, whenever you’re apart. Skype’s text, voice and video make it simple to share experiences with the people that matter to you, wherever they are.

With Skype, you can share a story, celebrate a birthday, learn a language, hold a meeting, work with colleagues – just about anything you need to do together every day. You can use Skype on whatever works best for you - on your phone or computer or a TV with Skype on it. It is free to start using Skype - to speak, see and instant message other people on Skype for example. You can even try out group video, with the latest version of Skype.

If you pay a little, you can do more things, in more ways, with more people – like call phones or send texts. You can pay as you go or buy a subscription, whatever works for you. And in the workplace, this means you can bring your entire ecosystem of workers, partners and customers together to get things done. Try Skype out today and start adding your friends, family and colleagues. They won’t be hard to find; hundreds of millions of people are already using Skype to do all sorts of things together.

What do you dislike?

I Dislike The Cost Of Calls

But It's A Great App

Recommendations to others considering the product

i Recommend This App to AnyOne

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I Solve Many Problems in My Work With Skype

Skype review by <span>Jay-ar A.</span>
Jay-ar A.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Helpful Tool"

What do you like best?

I have been using Skype for several years at work and if find it very convenient especially when we are doing update calls with my boss that requires video call. Aside from high-quality cute emojis, I also love its user interface that makes easy for a new user to navigate. We can also create group chats that really helped us at work to finish out tasks faster and efficient when it comes to communication and giving updates. I like its quality of sound when we use it for calls and conference. You can also download and send files/images which are highly needed at work.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, Skype really works best when you have a strong internet connection. Sometimes when our network gets interrupted, it's really hard to retrieve the conversations that I need. System audio problem is also the common issue I encounter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is the best for office and personal use. Flexible and easy to use.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Time efficient and effective communication within and outside the organization. It also helps in building a strong relationship with your co-workers.

Skype review by <span>Alejandro D.</span>
Alejandro D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The best live communication tool for my company"

What do you like best?

Since Skype exists I always use it, nowadays it is a tool with excellent features, it is very easy to use, the video call function is very good, I also use conferences a lot for interviews.

Apart the utlizo as chat, to send and receive documents, photos, and different files. The best part is that it is totally free.

What do you dislike?

I think Skype does not have so many flaws, although sometimes the quality of the video call is a little bad, at the moment it fits. I also do not like that I can have unwanted contacts. I think they should add some icons with some effect. What I have never liked about Skype is that it brings the factory configuration, that when starting windows automatically opens, I should ask myself if I want to have this option activated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to all people who use Skype, it is easy to manage, their video calls are free, you can communicate anywhere in the world with just one click. It is also great to hold conferences both at work and among family friends. If you do not want to make calls by video, your chat and file uploads are highly reliable.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I always make video calls to interview personalities, I work in a television channel and this tool is used daily, even for live and direct transmissions. Its benefits are incredible, it is very easy to use, when the quality of the internet is optimal.

Skype review by <span>NESTOR C.</span>
NESTOR C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Powerful tool for communication"

What do you like best?

What I do like best from Skype is the ease fo use and how friendly is the UI; besides it allows me to communicate with friends and coworkers using the same software. You can do file sharing, video conference, share your screen and many other things.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the only thing I dislike from Skype is that you cannot record a call or video call. And sometimes, the last number dialed keeps "in memory" and when you dial again (same country, differente number) it shows as you are dialing that number and not the one from now. Not a problem calling, because in fact it calls the right number, but for logging purposes (in my case) it's such a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this, is simple, ease of use, and affordable. Have lots of useful features, is safe and will not disappoint you as your main communication tool. I will highly recommend this, I use it everyday in my job and to communicate with my friends.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Provides a powerful yet ease of use tool to communicate with customers and coworkers. It helps me to keep communicate, helps making calls ease as if use a regular phone, and cheaper too

Skype review by <span>raquel m.</span>
raquel m.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

""Work faster, smarter and save money""

What do you like best?

Skipe is a software that allows the communication from person to person either through text, video calls or voice messages. That is precisely its purpose to communicate to everyone through one of these three means which facilitates interpersonal communication without interfering if they are close or not. For me one of its great strengths is the communication by text messages and by free voice among Skype users to and from anywhere in the world. It also allows special calls, at very low cost, between computers and the fixed or mobile telephony network.

What do you dislike?

Among the things that could displease me about this software are represented by communication quality problems since on some occasions I have been presented with the call being cut either because it is not heard well, or because it is not possible to clearly see the person who is on the other side of the screen, then I consider that some of the weaknesses of skipe that should work is the quality of the calls, most of all the video calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is of good usefulness as long as beech a network with stable connection

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Skype helps you overcome the barriers of expenses, distances and technologies, so you can get more out of your work, wherever you are in the world. It is a flexible enough way to work together, especially for those firms with presence in many regions, countries or operating through "remote" modalities, since they can improve meetings with video calls and maintain contact through instant messaging. Whether you work independently or have a multinational company, Skype can help improve the performance of your company.

Skype review by <span>MD SAIFUL I.</span>
MD SAIFUL I.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Review for Skype"

What do you like best?

I found that using Skype’s video calling, low-cost international calls and instant messaging can help reduce overhead costs and benefit company. Some advantages are:

1. Cut the cost of your business call

2. Keep track of your expenditures

3. Reduce your business travel costs

4. Stay in touch with colleagues

5. Stay in touch with customers

What do you dislike?

Despite some good aspects of skype it still lacks some features. Here is some points still skype needs to improve:

1. It offers little or no access to emergency services.

2. There are no real face-to-face interactions.

3. There is no language translation services.

4. Sound qualities on Skype are based on bandwidth.

5. Background noises are picked up rather easily.

6. The information that is transmitted over Skype could be intercepted.

7. The service could go down completely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am using skype for a long time as Voip calling. Recently i am using it buying skype credit for making international calls to my family and friends. I fount that it is most cheapest compared to other voip even carriers. i would recommend it to my friends and i think skype is an excellent medium of communication. Most import uses of skype for me is using skype for business purposes.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I was using first skype for contacting with professors for research purposes. Then i start using for my research work, trying to contact with my supervisors and peers. It's free and smooth to use and it gives me all ease of advantage to stuck on it.

Skype review by <span>Marin K.</span>
Marin K.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best video call experience "

What do you like best?

Skype has a very user friendly environment where everyone new can adapt. It is great to use for project management and communicate in the distance with your remote co-workers. In Skype you can also find a chat which offers a very well structured file and media sharing system. It offers the option to face or voice call and also chat. I have used Skype to connect to my team members for meeting or to talk to my relatives/family abroad. I find it very useful and gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

I don't know if its a problem but the emoji's in Skype are a little too interactive comparing to the emoji's that i have used from Instagram, Facebook or WhatsApp etc. I also find that if the call is persisting a bit longer than usual Skype seems to not respond well after a while and its a bit laggy in the sense that the video closes and you have to restart the call or in the mobile version i used to get a freezed screen after 5 min in video call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Skype to everyone who has connections out of their country and wants to communicate with them. Especially if you are a business it helps on having a quality conversation with your customers or colleges. Last but not least you can communicate with your family and loved ones in no time.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I'm using Skype to attend to meeting with my co-workers and colleges. Its a great tool for project managing and to catch up on new tasks. I find it very useful because it allows you to work with people around the world and bring you together in an instant.

Skype review by <span>Sebastian W.</span>
Sebastian W.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Easy to use, but some find it confusing"

What do you like best?

I love the chat and call functionalities on Skype. We use the group chat at our office, which is great for sharing links, discuss some opportunities and announcements; without being too intrusive on your phone by texting or whatsapping.

What do you dislike?

Ever since the new look of Skype, I find it hard to find some functionalities. It took me a while to add a new contact into my list and I think the way how they designed that is pretty poor compared to their previous design. Also I know a few people that have trouble with connecting their microphone or webcam on skype, eventhough it works on other platforms. Thankfully I don't have those issues myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The biggest reason to use skype is to stay in touch with people that live abroad. It just saves money on phone calls, and it's great to see each other through the video call.

For personal calls, I would definitely recommend Skype over products such as Google Hangouts, since it keeps track on your contacts better, and generally people understand the software a lot more.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Mostly group communication internally at the office. A lot of casual talks, announcements or links; which we would usually share per text or email, are now done by skype. That helps keeping your inbox clean and not being to intrusive on your phone.

I have also used Skype a lot for making international calls, since it's way cheaper than doing it by phone. If your Wifi connection is good, typically the calls are also pretty stable.

Skype review by <span>Susanne L.</span>
Susanne L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Very useful for quick interaction."

What do you like best?

Quick chat option with opportunity to send files and shares screen. it is perfect option where communication is required to maintain the good work environment. Skype is really easy to use and discover very fast. in anytime Skype is with you and it is mean your loved ones always close to you, Just one finger and your family is in front of you,

What do you dislike?

Speed of sign-in it is really taking too long to update sign-in info, always asking repeat password entry. Also sometimes Skype gets slow and breaks sound if we are having conference class. I do not like when my friend or students send me picture and Skype is asking for upload I would like to see " copy " option. Price is also a little bit more should be increase a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend to everybody, Skype is the best and efficient way to communicate with your parents friends or your managers, team mates. fast meetings with video calls and updating deadlines.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

it is really great to give online courses for your students thanks to Skype whenever I go I am using Skype and communicating with my students and making online courses for them.Also I am using for my real jobs. we are using with my team members for fast meetings and deadlines to informing one another,

Skype review by <span>Mohan K.</span>
Mohan K.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Must have business communication tool..."

What do you like best?

Its very reliable chat system and also provide unlimited calls from one skype to another. Also its very easy to install and config.Business people can share the screen for presentation and any person can connect and make the call to his/her family living in abroad.Also, one nice feature is that: it retrieves chats from the server so no need to log in to the same device where you logged in last time. Just log in to any device in skype and it loads older chats.

What do you dislike?

Two things I dislike on skype :

1) Its taking time to open on normal PC.

2) The newer version does not allow to search withing single chat.

3) Skype does not support language translation.

4) Also, it does not provide screen recording feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to all business friends to use it once. It makes group discussion very easy and also I recommend it to my friends/family who is leaving in abroad because it also provides very cheap VOIP calls and also it's very easy to use.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Normally for a common business chat, we are using Skype. Also for personal use, i am using skype like chatting with friends along with business chat. Also for business group discussion mostly i am using skype because it's very easy to use.

Skype review by <span>Barbara J.</span>
Barbara J.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Highly recommended !"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and it is great tool not only for messaging and video calling but also for sharing files and images is really perfect ! it is safe and user-friendly. Quick chat option with opportunity to send files and shares screen.

What do you dislike?

Occasional updates make my computer act up and I have had to remove the software and reload it back so that it would be continue to work correctly, this is a few times happened to me it should be fixed this bug. Also sometimes it takes time for a video call to load on the screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend anyone working by travelling or for students studying so far away from their hometowns. Also for teachers I can recommend for online courses with very quality sounds and video calls.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It provides me a way to communicate with my office when the customer or patient is standing in front of me so that I can give immediate answer instead of hunting through the office for someone to ask, I am using Skype for my personal video calls or phone calls to call my family and friends this is amazing that you can reach them whenever you want.

Skype review by <span>maritza c.</span>
maritza c.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"the best network of communication and interaction"

What do you like best?

Skype is the best social network to keep in touch with distant people, it is ideal to make video conferences, video calls and more, to share multimedia is effective, communication is completely clear, it is a very useful tool to communicate. It is a software created to facilitate communication.

its functionality is adequate, the videos called are excellent, one of the most used options is to share the screen, you can see the screen of the other site without interference, it is an idea to give lectures and talks to distant people.

What do you dislike?

the communication is sometimes interfered with and the screen sharing option is not completely clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Skype because it facilitates communication, sending videos, images and other files, it is an ideal platform to maintain communications and long conversations with distant people, your option to share a screen is very useful when explaining a specific topic. It is super recommended to keep communication at all times

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

With Skype I can keep in contact with my clients, some are located in another country and the communication through that social network is excellent. we can talk easily and without interruptions, through this platform you can send me videos, images, and attach other files or multimedia and it works perfectly. It is an excellent social network to share and talk for long hours.

Skype review by <span>Rossigmar Y. O.</span>
Rossigmar Y. O.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best video conference software"

What do you like best?

In my opinion, the most valuable feature about Skype is the portability, you can access your messages and calls from your mobile, tablet or laptop and it's really stable everywhere.

The quality of the video conference is really high. If the connection is good the video use to be perfect.

What do you dislike?

The main problem with skype is the presence of very invasive advertising. You can´t avoid that, because it fills half screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nowaday, you can relay on skype for your daily communications. It's a really powerful software that allows you to keep in touch of your relatives, customers or coworkers in real time.

You can find a lot of communication software in the market, but nothing like skype. Almost everyone has an skype account and that is really valuable, because you can find whoever in the platform and start talking through it.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

With skype I can communicate with my colleagues and customers in real time, have conferences with them (with or without video), and keep a really close relation with all the important people in my business. If you don't want to start a video conference, you can just send a classic text message.

In addition, you can configure the software to block the popups in your laptop screen. That is really important because you can be sharing your screen in a call and show sensitive information to others.

The attachments are sent really fast and easily. You can just drag and drop to the skype window and viola.

Skype review by <span>Leah F.</span>
Leah F.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Generally effective with some significant gliches"

What do you like best?

I like that Skype allows for the connectivity of important stakeholders all over the planet. I have used Skype in my personal life and my professional life, with family and co-workers overseas and across the country. It has changed communication for the better. I like that the software allows for text communication in addition to video calls - important for when the video calls don't work, which is frustratingly frequent.

What do you dislike?

As I mentioned above, the software glitches or stalls out quite frequently. This is not an issue of my internet bandwidth or power - all other online services generally work quite well - but there are consistent issues in quality of video, cut-outs, and general malfunctioning. I am surprised with the persistence of these issues - the product has been around for decades and these problems continue to detract from the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Skype for those interested in business conferencing. There is no better product. I will admit, however, that there are problems in the programming and quality of this product -- that being said, I stand by my statement that there is no better software. I am disappointed by the lack of reliability in this product.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We have meetings frequently with colleagues in other countries and across the country. In addition, we occasionally have meetings that include colleagues working from home or at various locations. Skype allows us to continue these meetings without issue.

Skype review by <span>Federico A.</span>
Federico A.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"La mejor herramienta para comunicarme en mi trabajo"

What do you like best?

Skype I like the versatility and ease in terms of communications, since I can make calls with one or several people at the same time, in addition to sharing images, videos, documents and other products.

In my work it is very useful because it gives me the possibility of interviewing personalities and artists without needing to call me somewhere.

It also gives me the opportunity to make calls to any part of the world, with an incredible quality of image and sound.

From any computer I can connect, being easy and fast installation.

Definitely Skype is the best video call tool that has been invented so far.

I always forget the password to log in, but it's very easy to re-establish it.

What do you dislike?

There are few criticisms that I make to Skype, at times it makes me little dynamic to look for any contact in specific.

So that the calls of videos and voice are made of fluid way I must have very fast the connection to Internet.

I do not like that when you turn on the computer, skype starts automatically.

The audio has improved a lot in the last months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this application to all people who require a family communication. If you have a good internet connection it is advisable to hold work conferences between several people.

Until now it is the best application of communications through video calls.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I work in a television channel. The benefits Skype gives me in my work are incredible.

It helps me to carry out interviews with public figures and artistic personalities without having to move from my office.

At the same time, I give live lectures to be broadcast on a live television program.

Skype review by <span>Evans O.</span>
Evans O.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Most frequent app for making calls"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that many people I know use it especially my family from abroad. It makes it very easy to communicate with them and it's almost at no cost at all. It is easy to access the app and can be used on Android, computer as well as other devices. Skype also has a very awesome interface. I really love it. It's very attractive.

What do you dislike?

Calls sometimes disconnect or have poor network. Video glitches. On phone, the app also tends to take a lot of RAM. Even if you have very good internet connection, this is still a common issue for many users. They really need to do something especially on the bandwidth usage. It is frustrating to be on a call and it suddenly disconnects. It would be great if they can sort this issue out cause ever since I started using Skype a couple of years ago, this same issue has been constant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is a good software for communication. Would not really recommend Skype for organizations but for personal communication, it's a very good tool

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Bridging the gap between me and my team. I'm able to do a lot of things with them and cover much base. It is also very easy to use. You don't really need to spend so much time figuring out how Skype works. Skype has enabled me to chat easily with people in other countries and therefore, I am able to get more customers/clientele.

Skype review by <span>Jovana S.</span>
Jovana S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Good, but not perfect. "

What do you like best?

Looks clean, lot of emojis, video calls work well. Completely intuitive, easy to use. Love that it's free and saves chat history. Also, one can go through history with ctrl+f option, which is quite useful when looking for something specific you can't remember. Love the file sharing option (drag and drop) during a video or audio call.

What do you dislike?

It feels 'heavy'. After signing out, it takes a long time to load again. Messages tend to arrive late, even when there are no connectivity issues. Mobile app doesn't work well on Android, especially when there are group conversations, it just doesn't load them - at all or in a timely manner. Upgrades (new versions) tend to install forever. And there are usually no noticeable changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product considering what it offers for free. Lots of options, emojis, video and audio calls for free. I just don't trust it enough when it comes to advanced business use.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Makes remote work easier. Enables distributed colleagues to have video meetings.

Skype review by <span>mayra c.</span>
mayra c.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"best free messaging system!"

What do you like best?

skype is just amazing! i use it for work and personal use! having this service i dont have to give out my number and i can still msg with others. for work it amazing faster than email sharing files, sharing screen, funny emoji, or simple having to ask your colleague a question instead of getting up. why not use a system that allows you to do that. i love the sharing screen so others can see what am doing i use this feature when someone doesn't know how to do something i just share my screen and show them that simple! all the funny emoji with noises from movies are just funny i love sending them to staff when they are having a bad day to cheer them up! over all amazing! love skype!

What do you dislike?

nothing really i lets me do what i need to do. only thing is to make calls you have to have credits

Recommendations to others considering the product

start using it now!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

quick messaging. before we would email each other all the time something msg would get lost and you would never get an answer, now its instant not having to worry about spam msg that are going to have your message lost of a simple question to all staff member in one place. been able to share documents instantly is amazing instead of having to email and refresh i just cant sajy how much and how dependable we are on skype now!

Skype review by <span>santosh d.</span>
santosh d.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"essential application on every system"

What do you like best?

we can call Skype to Skype. we can call anyone on the Skype in the world freely.we can do group calls up to 25 people at a time. International calling is simple and easy with lower costs.Communicate with friends easily by creating groups. regular updates improving on every update. we can backup our chat history.we can also record Skype calls. Emoji to share our feelings pictorially . much safer place to communicate .

What do you dislike?

we must ON our laptops or cellphone to receive Skype calls and other one is it is purely based on internet (VOIP).If our internet is slow quality is less. Some times it gives update issues and crashes out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

strongly recommend

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

communication between users is very easy. sharing files and images at free or low cost . setting up calls and meetings and managing these calls is very easy. Instant messaging helps to solve problems quickly.meetings can be scheduled quickly and can be attended from any where in the world. Low cost or no cost for communication most of the times.It allows users communicate or work from home.

Skype review by <span>Wera M.</span>
Wera M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Easy way to connect with anyone !"

What do you like best?

I love being able to connect quickly with my team members, managers and colleagues and to have instantaneous nature of a conversation, even when working remotely. the things is that it is all integrated with all office programs almost.

What do you dislike?

it is sometimes so hard to insert an image in the chat, like a text message. You need to attach the images as a downloadable file, which seems a little counter-intuitive.Also there is another issue is that, my account is calling my friends a few times in a week by itself. I could not solve the what is the problem yet !

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend everyone working by travelling and for students who study abroad or far away from their hometown. it is easy to use and connect with your manager friends or family. Skype is the best software I have ever seen up until now.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am working and more often I travel country to country for my business and Skype is the best way for me to be able to communicate with my managers, family and friends wherever I go whatever I do. I can adjust fast meetings and talk to our company customers to get feedback about last products sent.

Skype review by <span>Shiloe F.</span>
Shiloe F.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great for Communicating between Coworkers and More"

What do you like best?

I like Skype's versatility; its more than just a chat and video program that two to three people and use for meetings, but it allows you to do screen sharing and larger group meetings, file sharing and more. We also use it for presentations both with co-workers but for when we need to share presentations from different rooms. I also use it for personal use, and find that I enjoy it more visually than WhatsApp.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there was a little more customization when you have more than two people in a conversation when it comes to the window layouts. And, it would be nice if the program was more consistent between small features that change between Windows and Mac but those are not deal breakers. It would be really nice if you could remote control another location without needing permission (if you set up two sessions, not taking over for someone unknowingly).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is a good alternative to some of the more pricey options for when it comes to VOIP or Web Conferencing. The call quality and video quality are quite clear and you can use both built in and secondary video cameras if needed. There are also plug-ins to help you with further video quality that come in very handy if you have a presentation in a dark room.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We actually use it as a method for piping presentations to different areas of our building and/or campus. We have looked at other solutions such as Pantopo and GoToMeetings and for our use they don't meet our needs. We can screen share a presentation with a second camera view using Skype to a third screen outside the main auditorium which helps us with overflow presentation situations.

Skype review by <span>Carlos S.</span>
Carlos S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"More than just the basics for online communication"

What do you like best?

Skype is easy to use. You can allow it to access your contacts to more easily find friends and business relationships as well as typing in emails and phone numbers directly. Besides communicating via voice and webcam, Skype allows for text messages, file sharing, and screen sharing. Skype also allows for affordable international calling from your computer or mobile device.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be difficult to find and identify the user you want to find and communicate with. There can also be difficulties with notifications when multiple devices (phone and computer) are connected and logged in to the same Skype account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering this for international communications, compare the pricing per minute to other services. But if you are communicating via wifi to another user on wifi and want video capabilities, this is one of the most widely used services.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Communicating with a visual presence is important for business. But it is really the screen and file sharing while on a call that sets Skype apart from a traditional phone call or other services.

Skype review by <span>Marissa P.</span>
Marissa P.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Video calling made universal"

What do you like best?

Skype is easy to use and mostly reliable. It is free and I use it from my PC. I do not use it on my phone because I use whatsapp, google hangouts, facebook messenger mostly. I prefer to use skype for more data-intensive conversations on my PC.

What do you dislike?

If I am screen sharing sometimes the audio will not do well streaming from the other person, several adjustments with windows audio has to be made. Skype has frozen on me for no reason and I have had to restart my computer and reopen the application. I am not sure why this technical problem happens but it seems to be from certain commands that skype does not like. I wish there were less spam bots on skype also and I wish that when I unblocked someone I could see that I unblocked them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is good for personal communication. I don't recommend for professional meetings unless you have a great perfect internet connection and don't care if a call is occasionally laggy, gets dropped, sound may be off, etc. I have used skype in long distance relationships and besides having it freeze sometimes and having to restart the computer it has been decent. I am not sure about streaming quality as I have had minor issues with streaming movies, etc.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

If I can't use whatsapp or facebook messenger or GoToMeeting, skype is always a good last resort. Almost everyone has it and it works very well from my PC. I am able to multitask on other things while using skype and the viewer can still see me, the camera is not affected by my multitasking.

Skype review by <span>Maxim O.</span>
Maxim O.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Good software for telephone voice calls and video calls"

What do you like best?

Fast connection with another computer and another people. Can talk with several peoples in one session. Cheaper solution than traditional telephone 2g-3g-4g, but less quality in audio-format. Better quality of video, than traditional telephone with 2g-3g-4g connection in traditional mobile net operators with support of video call via simple call. Good solution, when I and my interlocutor have good internet speed, low ping, good video cameras and good microphones.

Very simple to do first-run on any system - android phone, computer Windows systems and many others.

Easy to share my screen or different video-cameras or different video-inputs direct or with special additional programs.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes low quality of video without understanding causes. Not stable quality sometimes. Use automatic, non configurable parametres of connection. Cant configurate smart pop-ups of actions of different peoples or groups of peoples. Need test connection before using and need stable fast internet, low ping to several sites (also need tests for finding them). Cant route my own net configuration for better performance inside Skype. Less quality of sound and less stable than traditional phone solutions with 2g-3g-4g connection. Need improve guide for users and improve help for different types of users like administrators/users/business level users, not very comfortable to search every time settings that I need. There are not all settings include in the standalone application Skype, I need to login into web page Skype for tune some settings in the account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need test connection through skype or other net speed and ping testers before real connection between users.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Talking with peoples with no fee to mobile cell operators, only pay for cameras, microphones, computers and internet.

Skype review by <span>Sidhartha J.</span>
Sidhartha J.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Good application"

What do you like best?

I like this application latest user interface because it very simple and very user friendly. Really it is having many useful features at reasonable price. This application is available for all type of famous operating systems. So that when i stop my work in personal computer I can continue my work in my mobile or tablet or laptop where i left. It is very fast synchronizing service. Really it's amazing feature. With this application i can connect my professional contacts and my personal contacts. I can do chatting, Video calling i can also share my screen with my connections during meetings. So that i can avoid lot of confusions regarding project meetings. Overly it is very fantastic service. Really I like this application.

What do you dislike?

The worst thing of this application is skype username is automatically generated by the service provider and we can not change the skype username. So that we need to adjust or compromise regarding to this skype username. Some times skype for beta is not working. The service providers just saying too many logins so please try again some time. This is the one of the major problem for the web users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend this application to all. Because it is very simple and friendly. Having many features at reasonable price, and good Security for files and messages.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

With this application i avoid the many travelings regrinding meetings. I can easily connect my friends and family friends at any time if i have internet connection.

Skype review by <span>Elizabeth D.</span>
Elizabeth D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Skype connects colleagues all over the world - getting better!"

What do you like best?

I like the chat function of Skype the best. You can have multiple teams chatting on Skype, and then the ease of calling everyone in the group fast and sharing your screen makes it a very valuable tool.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how Skype goes down a decent amount. I think this aspect is getting better and Skype is becoming more and more reliable when people are streaming meetings from all over the world. The audio with Skype has gotten better in the past as well, I have disliked the audio within Skype in the past because it would preferentially accentuate a person that is closer to the computer vs. someone across the table.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is worth it for the group chat functionality.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Skype brings people together very easily. When I am conducting a meeting and different people need to share a screen, perhaps someone is calling in from an airport, Skype makes the meeting be able to happen.

Skype review by <span>Daniela A.</span>
Daniela A.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great option to keep contact"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use, to install and it works with no much configuration, anyone can use it. We can use it on every device, at home or on it's mobile version; the different status options are helpful, whether you want to be contacted by all of your contacts, or keep a low profile, or even not be disturbed at all without actually logging out. Being able to add contacts to a single conversation is a grest tool on every kind of conversation, unlimited number of chats and videoconferencing when they contact people who are also on Skype. Perfect for mantaining comunication with costumers all over the world at any time. Plus, we can vinculate our account with other platforms such as Facebook, or gmail. Skype is one of the cheapest VoIP services available, and it offers subscriptions with unlimited minutes. Skype can be used for business presentations because this allows screen sharing, and calls from one Skype user to another are free, wherever they are in the world, and it works 24 hours a day, everyday.

What do you dislike?

The quality of sou