Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Skype

(4,397 reviews)

Transform the way you work and build your business with one collaborative tool.

Work for Skype?

Learning about Skype?

Skype Reviews

Showing 4,564 Skype reviews
Skype review by Gianna C.
Gianna C.

"Skype"

What do you like best?

The ease - I was in France and really needed to get in touch with my sister in NYC. I signed up and in a couple of minutes, we were communicating. I travel frequently abroad and it is by far the easiest way to communicate because I don't have to rely on the person I'm calling to have Skype as well - unlike other similar calling services.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of the Skype Credit feature in $10 increments. I think they should have pay as you go feature without a monthly fee. Would prefer more options for payment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is a great communication service - particularly because it offers calling to standard phone lines and free group video calling

I used Skype for business only once and that was to interview a job candidate. It solved the issue of flying that candidate in town for the interview which saved us money and time. In the future, I will consider using Skype for more interviews

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Skype
Skype review by Hunter V.
Hunter V.

"Skype Review"

What do you like best?

I like using Skype because it connects me and my sales team around the United States so that we can all be on the same page at any given time, SDC uses skype for most of our inside sales meeting and even our outside sales meetings. our marketing team uses this extensively and it is a very handy tool because unlike traditional conference calls and such, Skype allows you to read peoples faces and expressions letting you know where they are at in there mind, headspace and in the conversation . its nice to be able to know that you have someone full attention and that they are intently listing. there is nothing that I can say bad about this service and I truly appreciate it both at home in my personal life and in the office at my job and workplace. its connecting people on a different level and that's the biggest benefit to me personally. I am a proud user of Skype and will continue to use it for as long as I can foresee

What do you dislike?

There is little I can say in regards to dislikes about this program, app, tool, service, for the most part. It is reliable works well and is extremely easy to use. the only thing that I would say about a dislike about this product really has nothing to do with the product at all but more rather a connection issue. every now and aging the screen can get pixelated and it will freeze up or get distorted, but again I believe this is an issue with connections on either end of the video call and not the actual Skype program itself so I don't take it into consideration of skype's performance much. other than that I have no problems with it and will continue to use it on a regular basis

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this program to anyone that need connectivity on a small or large scale

as I said before it allows all of my associates to keep in touch and be on the same page no matter where they may be and it also allows me to do product training remotely to groups interested in our product and has many many other very helpful uses for us, me and my team. and I would also have to say that in general it honestly just plain makes like a lot easier for everybody in regards to communication withing in our company and our organization at a whole keeping us at the top of our game in the industry

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Skype review by Rahul A.
Rahul A.

"Matchless product for official communications. Grasping UI design with almost every required feature"

What do you like best?

Skype has been a part and parcel of my daily official life, I use it all the time to keep in touch with my colleagues and clients. What I like the most is great UI design and ease of navigation between users. Also the features like integrated emojis and animated emojis are best. Also the calling feature, which has already been a top most feature of Skype.

For file sharing like daily reports and presentations based on projects, the file upload and camera implementation in best to use. Also the integration with almost every sharing and camera app in mobile platform makes it more convenient to share contents on Skype quickly and easily.

The loading screen of signin/signup is also very easy to navigate and understand each and every option easily. Also the signin options for phone, email and ID makes it very easy to remember the login credentials and never use the forgot username option, yes in case of password it is required, obviously it's necessary and secure too.

Skype is best for organisations with large employees size as well as personal use too. I use it for both and daily.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the frequent updates become very annoying but it's not a big issue for me though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are running organisations with large employees size and keep everyone in touch with each other, then skype is best for this purpose, best and matchless.

Being a web developer and programer I used to send my daily codes to my employer and trainer and to conversate with my clients for project discussions.

The greatest benifit is that it keep us connected with each other and helps in calling face to face as well.

Skype review by Keila B.
Keila B.

"Talk about video calls is talk about Skype without any doubt."

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Skype is not a program that requires extensive knowledge, which allows anyone to use it, from anywhere in the world and from any device from a PC, a tablet or a cell phone regardless of their operating system. that is present in both Android and iOS, thanks to Skype I can communicate with colleagues across the country through videoconferencing, allows communication between employees effectively.

What do you dislike?

Skype is a program that I like very much, but that does not free it from having certain faults which I do not like, such as when you make calls in remote areas where the Internet connection is not optimal means that the quality of the calls will be pessimistic and tending to disconnect spontaneously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is a program that I recommend with closed eyes, few programs allow such efficient communication and are also present on all platforms, really if you are looking for the best program for both voice and video calls do not think more, Skype is the number one program.

Thanks to Skype we can engage in videoconference conversations with other colleagues, as well as with a member of the company's top management, often these conferences are intended to communicate important announcements within the organization.

Skype review by Emmah W.
Emmah W.

"Using skype for more than 3years for purpose of making video conferencing."

What do you like best?

What other software would I have used for video conferencing if it was not skype?it's simply the best software I have used.What I like about this software is the ability to make video conferencing because it helps to conduct group meetings,conferences and interviews thus reducing travelling time and cost.This software is user friendly thus can be used by anyone even when having less knowledge of it.I love the way this software can be accessed from multiple devices.It's easy to send instant messages while using this software.This software also enables me to present my work through screen sharing hence saving a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

This software is completely awesome and I use it on a daily basis hence haven't found anything to dislike about it.Its worth using because its features are great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the use of this software without hesitation because it's best for video conferencing and making audio calls.It's interface is also easy to navigate.

Communication is made faster using this software.Ability to make both audio and video calls is of much advantage to our organisation.This software is less expensive to deploy and saves cost for our organisation.

Skype review by bob B.
bob B.

"Effective communication"

What do you like best?

I like that skype gives me one place where I can collaborate with my employees, clients and people whom we outsource work to. I like that skype allows for large file transfers, high quality image uploads and can support voice calls with large amounts of people as well as allow for screen sharing sessions for effective collaboration and review.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes dislike that skype can be a little annoying to set up notifications for, i want to be notified when certain things happen and when certain other things happen id like to be able to opt out of receiving notifications, i sometimes feel like i get bombarded with notifications I don't need to see. I also have quite a few issues with calls being randomly dropped and having to send files multiple times for them to go through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you have a very stable and strong internet connection and that you take the time to implement and organize your contact list so you know who is messaging you. I would also recommend taking the time to tweak all of the setting to your liking so you don't have to constantly go back and change them all whenever something is not right.

We are solving the problem of having disorganized communication and a lack of communication by implementing the use of skype throughout our employees and customer base as a means of effective and reliable communication.

Skype review by James R. A.
James R. A.

"Good sales with Skype"

What do you like best?

Skype is a tool easy to use, anyone with a minimum knowledge, computers, I can use it, from anywhere in the world, and from any device, thanks to it, we can communicate with our customers, employees, distributors, suppliers and other people related to our business, in the best way, video calls in particular, we love them, because they bring us closer to our customers, and we give them a plus more confidence towards us.

What do you dislike?

There are not many faults that can be found in Skype, Microsoft has left behind, those problems that had the application in a past time, the past versions were very slow, but now everything has improved.

Skype is a powerful tool, which helps us solve a huge amount of problems, at Lee's, our customers communicate with us, to give us their opinions, about the food they consume on our sites, what improvements we can make, and new products want us to bring them to the table, Asian food, is our strong point, thanks to Skype we can communicate with our suppliers in the Middle East, in a fast and simple way, so we have the best elements to prepare our meals, day after day, and we can monitor in advance, what we are going to ask, what we really need, and be in the best possible state.

Skype review by Candida S.
Candida S.

"Convenient Platform for Social Connections"

What do you like best?

Skype is user friendly, has wonderful features, and can be used as a phone with a monthly subscription. I use Skype on both a personal and professional level.

On a personal level, Skype allows me to have Group calls with friends and family. We can all talk and share video at the same time.

The same can be said for business use. Skype gives you the ability to not only have meetings with one person or multiple people but to file share or have video capabilities within the group.

What do you dislike?

I feel that the monthly subscription for all calls is a deterrent when Gmail allows you to make free calls using their platform.

I also do not like the character limit of the chat box. While some may consider it generous when compared to other social media sites, one could not share the entirety of an article without Skype cutting the text when it reaches the character limit.

The file sharing is amazing, and it solves this issue; however, when I just want to C/P into my messenger window I often run into issues with the limited character size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are having any issue with Skype, check to be sure that your version is updated to the latest version. Updating to the latest version has always fixed any call or video issue that I have ever had with this platform.

Conferencing. Messaging. It saves a paper-trail.

Skype review by Kelvin I.
Kelvin I.

"Instant messaging made faster by Skype."

What do you like best?

What I like most about this software is its feature to make fast instant messaging service with perfection collaboration on my documents.The video conferencing feature of this software has been useful to me because I can make video calls to friends and colleague who are even far away from our organisation this reducing time and cost for travelling.I like the way I can access this software from multiple devices hence it's highly flexible.Additionally,it love the users friend interface feature because it make the software easy to configure and use and installing doesn't require much training.

What do you dislike?

When making calls in remote areas where internet connection is slow,it affects the quality of the calls and at times I get disconnected during a call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend the use of this software for both instant messaging and video conferencing because it gives the best.

This software saves money and time for our company.

Ability to make video conferencing enables us to make international calls and also conduct group meetings and interviews.

Provides fast instant messaging hence collaboration during work is enhanced.

Skype review by Rose M.
Rose M.

"Skype as good avenue for video conferencing."

What do you like best?

Making instant messaging using this software is what I like most because it make me to keep intouch with my colleagues and friends hence communicating in our workstation made easier.I love the way I make both audio and video calls for both personal and business use.What of video conferencing feature of Skype?its amazing and real-time event because it makes me conduct meetings which are audiovisual.This software enables me to make my work presentation through screen sharing.Additionally,its a software which is very intuitive and has user friendly interface which make it easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Its a very reliable video conferencing software for me and it has been of much useful when carrying out my daily work hence I find nothing to dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For high quality video conferencing services and making instant messaging I recommend my friends and other to try using this software.

Video conferencing features helps our organisation to conduct board meetings and interviews and also reduces the cost and time for travelling.Through this software our organisation is in position of keeping intouch with clients and customers.

Skype review by daniels f.
daniels f.

"I highly recommend the use of skype a wonderful tool and very professional"

What do you like best?

My experience has been very rewarding. I believe that Skype meets all the professional standards that a company needs, it is fast and of great quality for professional management, it is also easy to use and guarantees an incredible service.

this tool is essential to connect both employees and users of the company, I highly recommend the use of this tool will provide professionalism to your company

What do you dislike?

Actually, we continue to implement this work tool and we have not found any complication in its use, the whole service is incredible and I give a great recommendation when using it, the connection provided by Skype is excellent, without a doubt a quality service

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Skype extensively and the tools it offers, since our work teams are of excellent quality and perfect service. We have adopted many tools that Skype offers us for the continuous improvement of our communication services with the excellent quality that only Skype can provide.

Skype has allowed us to advance and climb the ladder to the professional in an easy way with tools that have optimized 100% our support systems and communication with our customers every day that we love to offer quality and with Skype we always have the best connection and all the communication that a professional company should have.

Skype review by Fred A.
Fred A.

"My experience using Skype for Support"

What do you like best?

Skype is a good program that helps us provide direct and efficient support to our customers, keeping us in touch with them through their live chat. We are also allowed to make calls and video calls in real time, so that the deal with the client is more friendly and direct. The program is constantly updated, it is modern and intuitive, very easy to install and use. In addition to offering an affordable price that can benefit small businesses.

What do you dislike?

Skype does not have something that we really dislike, until now it has covered the expectations of contact with the client in our company in the time we have been implementing it as a support tool. But if we could mention some points that could affect the user experience with the support of our company, for example, if the user does not have a good Internet connection it is possible that he can not make live calls, which can be a problem when you want to provide direct assistance and instantly with the client through this means.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They could improve the quality of the support a bit when we have concerns or want to report some connection failure or quality of the video calls.

Skype helps us communicate with customers who are in other countries, make long distance calls and can even make them for free, live chat and even video calls. They could improve connectivity in case the client does not have an optimal connection.

Skype review by Lloyd E.
Lloyd E.

" Essential Quick Communication"

What do you like best?

Using Skype is the perfect way to answer in the moment questions for agents, reach out to other agents or supervisors to meet, set up specialized chat rooms, and more. I am part of a training team, and using Skype I can broadcast my screen easily with agents for virtual training.

What do you dislike?

One thing I would love is the ability to only receive notifications for people I select. For example, I have several chat rooms opened to monitor operations at a high level, while also having individual messages open to other associates. If I could, I would like to turn off notifications (the yellow highlight in Windows) for all new chats except for those of my choosing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really helpful when trying to see if someone already left for the day or if they would be at their desk

Chat rooms help organize us into teams. Supervisors have authorization to create team-only chat rooms and easily manage these.

Skype review by Wayne N.
Wayne N.

"Skype: The Indispensable Communication Solution"

What do you like best?

Incomparable flexibility. Desktop or mobile application, it serves me whenever I want and wherever I am, and performs flawlessly. No matter what time of day, it's waiting for me to simply call upon it to send my messages or transfer my information. I truly believe I've been spoiled by the inherent ease and efficiency of this application.

What do you dislike?

The frequency of updates. It seems as if there is one every day. A minor annoyance, but I know it's always becoming more secure, faster and contemporized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must familiarize yourself with, and use Skype for your communication needs. Don't let its simplicity fool you - it's a power house for communications. Multiple users can utilize the software. And best of all you can use it for free forever! Al;though, there are paid features if you need them.

Takes the place of phone calls and I can communicate with several individuals at a time on different channels. It satisfies my need to multi-task my communications efforts and allows me to engage with anyone at anytime.

Skype review by Eunice C.
Eunice C.

"Communication made effective and efficient by use of skype."

What do you like best?

I like the way this software is simple to use and install and what I only require is my mobile phone or any internet enabled devices.This software is accessible from anywhere because its readily available on any desktops devices,Pcs and mobile phones.I love the ability to make voice and video calls to my colleagues,family members and friends.Its easy to chat using this software.Additionally,file sharing and screen sharing with this software is guaranteed.

What do you dislike?

This software is extremely amazing and ever since I started working with it ,I haven't encountered much challenge s hence its highly rely on it because it has been of much help to me in my day tk day work activities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the use of skype for both personal and business use because its a best avenue for video and audio calls.Its easy to use,highly reliable,very flexible,very Intuitive and users friendly.

This software enhances good interaction amongst workers and colleagues in our organisation.Communication through instant messaging within our organisation enables good collaboration with colleagues and friends.Video conferencing is also great because it enables us to have group meetings and also reduces the overhead costs of running our workstation.

Skype review by Sophia I.
Sophia I.

"Video conferencing and Instant messaging features made better by skype "

What do you like best?

What I like best about this software is that its an instant messaging tool with perfect collaboration on documents thus enabling me and my organisation to communicate leading to high productivity.I love the way this software enables me to make video conferencing a real-time experience because with this feature its easy to conducts group meetings even when participants are at home or abroad.Additionally,this software software is highly flexible because it can be easily accessed from any device like laptops or cellphones.The users friendly interface feature of this software is great because this software is skmple to use for anyone.

What do you dislike?

This software isn't completely free because it requires good internet connectivity to work hence its consumes alot of data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommendable software for video conferencing and Instant messaging hence the should use it without any doubt.

We use this software for sharing files like pictures,audios and videos.Video conferencing feature of this software is great because it make everything a real-time experience hence we conduct meetings and interviews using the service.This software also enables us to make instant messaging which increases productivity of our organisation.

Skype review by Brian O.
Brian O.

"Skype as the best communication tool that everyone needs to use."

What do you like best?

This software is very Intuitive and easy to use hence when having internet enabled devices all I need is to just go to my play store and then download,install and setup my account without any training.I like how this software is completely free to use to anyone who has desire to use it.Screen sharing with this software is guaranteed.I love the ability of this software to make both audio and video calls for both personal and business purposes.

What do you dislike?

The challenge I have with this software is the quality of audio or video calls in remotes where internet connectivity is slow and poor hence excellent internet connection is needed for high quality calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those looking for a software that suits best their communication needs shoud consider using this software bscause its amazing,very intuitive,flexible and has users friendly interface.

Its easy to keep intouch with clients and new customers in our organisation.This software also enables good collaboration during work in our workplace.Video conferencing is also guaranteed by use of the software hence saving alot of time and money.

Skype review by Nate S.
Nate S.

"Must use app for any PC/smartphone."

What do you like best?

The ease - I was in France and really needed to get in touch with my sister in NYC. I signed up and in a couple of minutes, we were communicating. I travel frequently abroad and it is by far the easiest way to communicate.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of the Skype Credit feature in $10 increments. I think they should have pay as you go feature without a monthly fee. .

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are screen sharing options available through Skype.It becomes a lot easier to present a remote sale presentation thanks to Skype’s ability to screen share. Meetings can be conducted using this service and the information that needs to be shared can be independently viewed by each participant. This makes it a lot easier to facilitate discussions, create individualized impacts, and convey information in a more memorable way. its advisable to use skype since its cost effective. Quick messaging tool, where short team meetings can be held on Skype instead of wasting time in gathering full team members to a particular meeting hall.

I used Skype for business only once and that was to interview a job candidate. It solved the issue of flying that candidate in town for the interview which saved us money and time. Meetings can be conducted using this service and the information that needs to be shared can be independently viewed by each participant.

Skype review by Neyru M.
Neyru M.

"High technology communication "

What do you like best?

I love to communicate with Skype because the quality of calls is excellent, through Skype I communicate with my contacts and other users internationally easily and quickly. In my work I like to use it to communicate with suppliers and clients internationally, and on a personal level with friends and friends around the world.

Compared to other similar applications, Skype is excellent in terms of sound, video quality and its user interface is very pleasing.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that calls and text messages through fixed telephone numbers are not free, and to be able to pay them in other currency, it is difficult to access foreign currency in my country

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend everyone to use this application with confidence and security because there are many more advantages than the disadvantages of using it. In the company it is also advisable to use it as an alternative means of communication because it is of excellent quality and is free in certain aspects

The company where I work is dedicated to the hotel and tourism industry and I work in the administrative area and I constantly need to communicate with clients, guests and suppliers in other countries of the world and through Skype I have managed to contact them quickly and efficiently with them and achieve benefits for the company, also I can also communicate with other managers in other cities in my country

Skype review by Gideon k.
Gideon k.

"Efficient communication with colleagues and friends."

What do you like best?

Good user interface since its easy to install and configure.

Great notifications which alert the user when there is a new message which ensures quick response.

Screen sharing ensures the colleagues outside the office can participate in the training.

Video and voice call helps to communicate with friends outside the country thus very relaible and connects people in an efficient way.

What do you dislike?

When the internet is down the communication is difficult and the call is distorted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend skype since its used mostly by many colleagues when communicating in the company and most preffered rather than skype since its very friendly and easy to use.

The voice call and video call helps while communicating with friends and colleagues outside the country thus very reliable and convinient tool to have.

Screen sharing helps the user when outside the office to participate in a training.

Helps in efficient communication with colleagues in the company through sharing all kinds of files and its very reliable since the user is able to get instant feedback improving business process.

Friendly social network which ensure the work is proffessional and at the same time friendly since most people in the company prefer skype rather than email.

Skype review by Johana M.
Johana M.

"Skype shortening distance."

What do you like best?

What I like most about Skype is that it allows me to be connected at all times, allowing me to keep in constant contact with the people that interest me.

When you have a conversation, you always have to make sure that you are heard or, more specifically, that your smiley looks. With skype this does not happen as it works properly. In addition to the above, I like it because I have allowed teaching and learning in class through this resource. In the area of ​​education both this and other tools are making education change as it is used as a technique of educational communication. The world is changing and next to it the people are therefore so important the use of them. additionally it is easy and simple to use. It is accessible and fulfills the functions for which it was designed. When making the calls videos, it has allowed me to make exhibitions and have classes at a distance saving me the time

What do you dislike?

Lo que no me gusta es que en ocasiones, no me permite conectarme indicandome que no tengo conexion que lo siga intentando y sin embargo puedo utilizar otras aplicaciones , esto me ocurre con el skype web.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it since it will allow you to keep them in contact whenever they require it

Benefits has brought me many allowing me not only to chat with my contacts but to share all kinds of experiences with videos and audios.

Skype review by Brendan S.
Brendan S.

" High quality experience"

What do you like best?

Skype is a platform that has been in operation for many years, however in my case the use it gave was practically domestic, however, when implemented in our company we have many possibilities to work and communicate

What do you dislike?

The calls in some very specific occasions have been disconnected, our company has minimal contact with the client through this application but between employees and departments it is used a lot so the times that the falls occur turns out to be a bit annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype has uses for both companies and individuals, because of this the recommendation is directed to those who are vital to communicate, Skype not only works through a computer but due to their years and the development of the application for smartphone makes the use much easier and anywhere.

In our company the principal that gives it to Skype is to communicate among employees, many have adopted the use of this tool because it allows the possibility of holding conferences or express meetings through it.

Skype review by Maria M.
Maria M.

"Easy to connect with people and fun to chat in skype"

What do you like best?

Skype is very useful and easy to connect with people.

It helps me to express my ideas and share my documents and file and make calls to everyone

around the world in more efficient way both personally and professionally .

It helped me to make calls both voice and video call , share files like videos,PDT,PPT and many more.

It has various options like chat which has option to share my personal feeling like

smiles ,emoji's ,stickers which reduces my effort and my time . There are always lots of updates that are made in skype which makes me to use skpe more effeciently.

What do you dislike?

The call quality can be more better since there is voice breakage as well as the quality of the call should be maintained at times the vouce is not properly heard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend others to use skpe since it very user friendly, it has full filled all the requirements of an app so far. It is fast and easy to connect calls in skpye. Screen sharing is one the best feature that I would consider in skype.

Skype helps me to deal wth sales more effeciently it is also helpful in sending the documents, ppt in a very easier manner. It is very useful to make calls and also video calls are been able to connect easily to every one arround the world. The stikers and emojis make the chat mor attractive and intersting too.

Skype review by Pedro C.
Pedro C.

"Excellent way to comunicate with my clients."

What do you like best?

We can comunicate when our clients are far away or we travel to other country or state, it let me talk with friends and family who emigrated to other country. We can send pictures and videos, have a working meeting to share opinions, make a interview for a long distance and other things. I feel grateful with Skype because it make more easy my life and my work.

What do you dislike?

The comunication are not good when you don´t have a excellent WIFI conection, because always appears in the screen "Conecting..." and it is really disgusting. Other thing is when you send a image for someone, the image quality considerably lower so... I recommend that you send this picture in other way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it because it facilitates your work too much.

I comunicate with my clients to solve their problems, they explain me what is their problem and if they can solve it, I can explain them, if the can´t, I plan an appointment with them.

Skype review by Lara K.
Lara K.

"Awesome tool for keeping our worldwide team connected!"

What do you like best?

I remember using Skype back when it was just a messaging tool. Then it was that you could call anywhere, landline or not, which was amazing. Now we hold meetings with up to 5 people at a time, share files, manage customer calls, and so much more! I truly can't imagine using any other communications system.

What do you dislike?

Some of the recent updates are kind of ugly and non-productive. It always happens when software or site updates and you don't get a chance to keep the old layout or not. We'll deal with it though!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The cost of making overseas phone calls is astronomical without Skype.

The cost of online meeting software is astronomical without Skype.

File sharing, group conversations and chats, having a way to receive phone calls at your desk or on your phone without giving your personal phone number, there are SO MANY REASONS to have Skype in your business arsenal!

It's amazing how clear and high quality our calls are. Sure, some drop here and there, but it's just as wonderful on my iPhone as it is on my desktop. Calls rarely drop, but

Our team stretches from Seattle to Scotland, and Skype keeps us all connected. We can manage team meetings, file share, and so much more!

Skype review by Anthony W.
Anthony W.

"A great communication and collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and really simple to share and collaborate with our developers. It is very quick to get a meeting started, whether it is just two participants or many.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally can run into technical or quality issues, however these instances are rare. Although the software is constantly updated (which is a positive), I find that sometimes features that I have become accustomed to end up being changed which can be somewhat frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is easy to use and quick to initiate a meeting. Tools are intuitive and service and call quality are generally quite reliable.

Definitely makes it easier to share and collaborate with developers. Having one communication tool to text, video-conference, share files, screens and more, makes team collaboration much more efficient while minimizing chances of misunderstandings.Face-to-face video calls also help in the communication process, as you can get a much better understanding of someone's participation and comprehension when you have facial cues available in addition to just voice or written messages.

Skype review by Prince M.
Prince M.

"Skype, the most advanced communication software."

What do you like best?

First I must disclose that Skype is a communication app you can't compare with any other.Skype has an intuitive interface that makes it easy to use.in our company, Skype has been a great platform whereby we as employees we are able to share a lot especially on Skype groups.Skype offers a very nice features like,video conferencing,audio call options and also we are able to share files,themes etc.This tool act as a platform for relating,I personaly have been able to chat with my friends not only in my country

but also in different countries,Skype keeps me connected with myfamily members and also the most important my wife who is currently working in USA.

What do you dislike?

So far,I don't have anything to dislike about Skype. Its an amazing and very helpful app that everyone deserves.

Skype has helped me interact easily with other colleagues. Also,submitting reports has been very easy. Video conferencing feature has been for great help since we can schedule for meetings,and this helps save much time.

Skype review by Gareth T.
Gareth T.

"The Go-To Instant Messenging Service"

What do you like best?

How universally easy it is to use, for everyone. There's no language barriers, everything on the interface has great user-experience and clear icons making it clear what every option does. I've been using Skype since 2012, not once have I searched for any tutorials or requested any help, the interface is designed exceptionally well and easy for anyone to follow.

Skype also supports video conferences and voice call, alongside instant messaging - this is an extremely handy feature, especially because it's completely free! It's my go-to for online communication. I use the video call feature for online conferences and meetings. Video chatting, phone calls and instant messaging has never been easier!

What do you dislike?

I have never experienced any negatives with Skype until recently, they were forcing Windows users to install the Windows version from the Microsoft store. Not that there's a massive problem with this version. it's just that the desktop version was far more superior and had a much cleaner UI. I do think they should give users the option to opt back in for the older interface, as opposed to forcing this new version on everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd definitely recommend Skype to anybody who is involved with online communication, whether that's personal life or business life. It's great, easy to use and pretty much the go-to solution for online communication. Considering that it's free software, you can't really go wrong with downloading it!

The ease of video conferences, phone calls, messaging, sharing videos and media makes communication in my business life (and personal) a lot more convenient. The traditional way would be to email one another, but Skype is great for any unofficial business communication and speeds up the workflow massively.

Skype review by John F.
John F.

"Use Skype Constantly, but Can Be Frustrating"

What do you like best?

Skype is really easy to use. And we've been using it for so long (from before Microsoft bought it) that it's constantly in use at our company. We don't have it connected to anything else, we don't worry about it - it's there when we need to chat.

What do you dislike?

Skype doesn't seem to be improving. In fact some of the features seem to degrade with new releases. I'm always happy when a service I use releases new features - but if they don't add value, are confusing for old users, or even break existing features - I'd rather they allow us to lock a certain version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider other solutions such as Slack first IF you would be using Skype only for messaging. Other products seem to be advancing more rapidly, while Skype is pretty much the same.

We primarily use Skype for internal communications, although I also use it for calling - especially internationally. It's a cheap and effective means for our teams to communicate, and when we need to store information or need for functionality, we will incorporate Slack, Confluence, etc.

Skype review by Jorge Eduardo S.
Jorge Eduardo S.

"Excelente to conect to other people far away "

What do you like best?

It has a really good connection, it has a really good interface, easy to use, what makes it greater is that theres a lot of people using it so its really easy to connect using this tool.

What do you dislike?

Finding and adding people to your friends area results really slow and some times you cant even know if they have been added correctly or not, even some time i have finished adding some people more than once because i dont know if it has been successfully added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great producto to make direct calls to colleges in different parts of the world or even in your same country, the app is also really helpful so you can use it from your cell phone. In my job there are a lot of times im not at the office or im traveling from one part to another so having the app in the cell phone really helps, this way you can join conference and meeting and your mobility is not reduced.

Its really easy to make conference calls with people all around the world, i work in a company that has its head quarters in Japan and i live in Mexico, i also talk a lot to the office that is in USA and we have a lot of contact with a lot of people based all around the world.its amazing to make calls to people far away. Also to make conference calls it has been so helpful.

Skype review by Paul K.
Paul K.

"Great application. Try it out."

What do you like best?

Since 2011 have been using Skype to satisfy my urge for communication.Skype is easy to use and set up.its interface tells it all.no need for training, just with basic knowledge, you can have Skype and start using it. I like how Skype fits to any device, and this helps me use it from anywhere since their is internet connection. I have been using Skype to make short distance and long distance calls. Skype is easy to upload contacts and locate them.in our company Skype has helped us to communicate nicely through Skype groups and also share with other employees files, data,instant messaging etc.through video conferencing feature,it has been easy to learn a lot and interact very easily.

What do you dislike?

Since i begun using Skype have never experienced any difficulty using it.its a smooth communication app and once you get used to it,you might become addicted.

Am happy that we can do more than usual communication. Skype groups are so much helpful. Video conferencing is the best of all.interaction and updates marks the best of all no matter the location,definitely you receive them all.to them considering Skype. Please have it and your communication status will have a great difference.

Skype review by Morgan M.
Morgan M.

"Skype as best of best for video conferencing purposes."

What do you like best?

If I was to choose skype among other video conferencing software I would choose skype over and over again because it helps me to achieve all my set objectives when carrying out my day to day work activities.Its easy to use this software and what I require is just to download,install and setup this software in my laptop or mobile phone with ease.It also has a clean users friendly interface which makes the software completely free for anyone who wants to use it.What I like mostly about this software is the ability to make audio calls and video calls.Video conferencing feature of this software has helped me greatly in my work because am in a position to correct news from every corner of our country through audiovisual which makes everything lively thus saving alot of time and money that I would otherwise used for travelling.Its easy to chat with my colleagues, friends and family members by use of this software thus making communication effective.I also love how free it is to make skype to skype audio and video calls for there are no charges.Screen sharing with this software is also excellent.

What do you dislike?

This software gives me what I have always wanted hence I haven't encountered any challege with it as long as I have a good internet connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Inorder to find a video conferencing software that suits best their need,I recommend them to use skype because its the best of best and an easy software to use.

Skype reduce time and business travelling cost because of video conferencing feature.

Communication with colleagues and friends is made fast because of instant messaging feature that comes with this software.

Skype review by Martin M.
Martin M.

"Great software for communication."

What do you like best?

First i have to say that Skype is a software that was meant for all communication needs.have used Skype for 7 years now and it has helped me to reach many friends from different countries. This app is easy to use,available and affordable. The interface isn't complicated like other communication apps.In our company, it has been easy to communicate since Skype requires only internet connection. Its the best application we have for video conferencing and also audio calls. Skype features are nice since you can set it to "do not disturb" mode and also when making a video call, the recipient is able to see you and talk nonstop.Not forgetting groups that help us as employees to receive updates.Skype is the best communication app.

What do you dislike?

Since Skype gives me what I need, I don't have anything to dislike about it. Am fullback catered for.

The benefits are:

We are able to receive updates in Skype groups.

Sharing files,data,video conferencing which has made communication status of the whole company have a different phase.

Skype review by james c.
james c.

"the most cost effective reliable means of communication"

What do you like best?

skype is a reliable service that offers 24/7 contacts.It is a service that is incredibly easy to install.It offers a secure calling experience. There are screen sharing options available through Skype and most of all,its free and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Skype offers little or no access to emergency services. There is no language translation services hence it can only be used by people speaking and understanding same language.Sound qualities on Skype are based on bandwidth, for video conferencing there are interferances.

Recommendations to others considering the product

meetings costs and time saving. Meetings can be conducted using this service and the information that needs to be shared can be independently viewed by each participant. This makes it a lot easier to facilitate discussions, create individualized impacts, and convey information in a more memorable way. its advisable to use skype since its cost effective.

Skype review by Justin K.
Justin K.

"Video confrencing made better by skype"

What do you like best?

What else could i have used or could be using for video confrencing were it not for skype.what i like most about skype is the ability to make audio and video calls between members of our company when holding meetings without physical presence.i like how its easy to use for general literate users.its easily accessible from any internet enabled device be it deaktops laptops or even mobile phones.i also use skype for instant messaging with friends,colleagues,or even family members.

What do you dislike?

It requires an excellent internet connection thus is not perfect in remote areas where internet connection is poor or slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would reccommed them to use skype for video conferencing because it will suit best their needs.

Video conferencing feature of skype software reduces the overhead cost of our organisation because it reduces time and money that would have been spent in travelling.It also makes communication within and outside our organisation effective and faster.

Skype review by Gunasekhar P.
Gunasekhar P.

"Best communication Tool for Personal & Professional life"

What do you like best?

Using Skype has benefited me a lot on my professional life, where it sounds really professional. The best tool to share media of any types such a image, document of pdf or word as well. I really appreciate the quality of phone call as well as video call.Instant messaging service is a boon for any type of industry. There are lot of features like Conducting Polling, scheduling meeting, call recording features as well.

What do you dislike?

Something worried about Skype is about the call background noises, which I have tried with different audio inputs.Message tracking could also be added. The new skype has lot more features where you can even track the message you sent have been read or not. Another thing I dislike is that on my PC even when I close my skype app my Friends where able to see my status online. This could lead to miss understanding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best communication tool where you will be able to do many things starting from sharing files of Images, word documents, Pdf files, Videos. You can even conduct video conference, conduct quick poll, schedule meeting, reminders.

Quick messaging tool, where short team meetings can be held on Skype instead of wasting time in gathering full team members to a particular meeting hall. Screen sharing options helped me a lot during work from home option where I can share my screen & provide necessary assistance when needed.

Skype review by Grace W.
Grace W.

"The best!"

What do you like best?

I have been using Skype for over six years now. First I must say that this Skype is very easy to use, you can send videos,make video calls and enjoy chatting with friends from anywhere.I use Skype to send images to my my team manager in department.we also do video conferencing as well sharing files.I use Skype daily to communicate with my colleagues and friends.the most thing I love about this tool is how it creates for me a platform to make friends not only from many countries, but also from any country in the universe.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing i dont like from Skype since it's a tool that doesn't require a lot from you to have it.just with smartphone or PC you can have it.

We have been able to share files, themes,audios and videos.we use Skype for video conferencing,groups whereby any information that's is urgent, is sent via Skype and by this it saves time since its instant.

Skype review by Maria L.
Maria L.

"Free App to Connect the World"

What do you like best?

Skype makes it easy for training purposes so you feel like you are getting a one-one meeting. You can just sit back and watch the presentor present and feel like you're with him or her personally in a room.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I dislike about this product is the route on occasion I think that its hard to connect or hear at all when the internet is slightly bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great free tool to communicate with anyone around the world

Why I like it is the capacity to make video conferencing an open and moderate support of our business association .Skype likewise spares cost of our association in light of the fact that skype to skype sound and video calls is totally free and furthermore downloading this product is free.I like how skype is exceedingly adaptable consequently can be available from any gadget like phones,laptops,tablets etc. Skype additionally furnishes me with texting with ideal joint effort on my documents.Its likewise simple to utilize skype as a result of its clients cordial interface.

Skype review by Mark R.
Mark R.

"Most reliable communication tool."

What do you like best?

First I like Skype since it has great features that I haven't paid for.its a very super unique app that deserves everybody. I use Skype for both video and audio calls to communicate with not only my friends, but also my family in general. I have ever used other apps like whatsup,Facebook but Skype nailed it. Its very easy to use, nice features, design, interface etc.I can chose silent mode when am busy,and then it notifies me if anyone had tried to reach me.In our company,Skype has enabled us to have something in common, work together, smooth communication and now and then updates. We also use it for video conferencing, and by this we end up growing together and work together as a one team.

What do you dislike?

Skype is extraordinary. Its a tool you can't compare with any other.for the period have used it, I have never encountered anything I can dislike about it. So much reliable and helpful.

First I recommend Skype to everyone, with this tool,communication gets to another dimension. Sharing files,texting,audiovisual etc,all comes with Skype.its has a lot that you need to have the best communication experience on planet earth. Try Skype.

Skype review by Edward K.
Edward K.

"Amazing communication tool."

What do you like best?

I have used Skype for 6+years and this app his been so much helpful. Its very easy to use and the interface is just cool.Skype allows me to send audiovisual contents I.e videos, images,photos messages among others. It helps me have a great relations with my teamwork. At our company, since sometimes we have a team in the field, it is easy to solve an issue since the person in the field can share details no matter the location. We have groups of different departments and by this,we get to know each other well and work as a team.

What do you dislike?

Skype has nothing I dislike. I love everything from the interface, design and making audiovisual calls is so much enjoying.Skype is an unique app,I love how it gives me a chance to experience a different world of communication.

Skype has enabled us to have a teamwork. Its a tool that is suitable for both large and small organizations.Skype is the best of all in the market.

Skype review by Jane M.
Jane M.

"Fantastic,excellent tool for communication."

What do you like best?

Skype is a very unique app compared with others, Its very easy to use, just installing and start using.I was so much happy, very joyful from the day I came across this app. Was using Whatsup and the day I met Skype, my communication changed permanently. I have influenced Everton in our family and today almost everybody is using Skype. This is a app that once you come across it,you really understand what real communication is.

What do you dislike?

At my workplace, using Skype is like its its a must tool.since I begun using Skype,have never ever encountered any negative issue about it.

The part I like most in Skype is using video calls. Most of the time I chat until my phone battery gets low.it has also enabled us like employees to have a point of meeting. "Group" and this has really empowered unity and interaction. Skype is the best app to have that meets all your communication needs

Skype review by Ann N.
Ann N.

"Best of the best video conferencing software that everyone need to have."

What do you like best?

What I like most about skype is the ability to make video conferencing an accessible and affordable service to our business organisation .Skype also saves cost of our organisation because skype to skype audio and video calls is completely free and also downloading this software is free.I like how skype is highly flexible hence can be accessible from any device like mobile phones,laptops,tablets etc.Skype also provides me with instant messaging with perfect collaboration on my documents.Its also easy to use skype because of its users friendly interface.

What do you dislike?

Skype is a voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) provider hence video or audio calls depends on internet connection.When the connection is low one gets troubles in staying to skype calls especially when in remote areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend them to use this software because it provides low cost strategy.They should also use it for the purpose of audio calls and video conferencing calls since its the best of best.

By using skype within and outside our organisation it helps our organisation to save costs because skype to skype audio and video calls are free.

Video conferencing feature of skype enables us to make international calls,conference calls and meetings calls which saves time and money to be used for travelling.

Skype also helps to keep intouch with colleagues and customers in our organization

Skype review by Joan W.
Joan W.

"An excellent communication tool that provides options for voice and video calls features."

What do you like best?

What I love mostly about this software is the way its easy to use without much training neeeded.Its easy to download,install and setup this software in mobile devices,laptops and computers.I love how I easy access this software from anywhere be it mobile phones or computer devices.Another thing that I like about skype is the ability to make both voice and video calls.This software is also completely free for anyone who wants its and I like how it enables me to make fast instant messagi.g with friends,families,workmates and customers.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I dislike about this software is the way at times I find it difficult staying to a skype voice or video calls with friends or customers because of poor internet connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its one of the best communication channel with both voice and video calls features hence I highly recommend them to try it.Also it has users friendly interface making it easy to use.

With video conferencing feature,our organisation is able to make meetings and interviews thus reducing time and overhead costs the company would have rather used as travelling costs

Skype review by Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.

"An amazing video conferencing software."

What do you like best?

Skype has been very useful to our organisation because it helps us to achieve all our targeted goals and objectives.I agree I have been using skype for more than three years and what I like most about it is the ability to make voice and video calls to customers,colleagues and friends who are even in remote areas.I also love how its easy to use skype without much trouble for it have a users friendly interface.Making fast instant messaging to our customers and colleagues is made possible by this software.Furthermore I like how skype reduces business travelling cost and time to have been spent by our organisation because video conferencing feature of this software is of importance for it makes everything to be of realtime.Last and not least,I love how its easy to access this software from any device like computers or mobile phones.

What do you dislike?

Slow,poor or no excellent internet connection is the only dislike I have with this software because it affects the way we make voice and video calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a must to use software for them to achieve purposes like video conferencing and audio calls.Also they should use it because of how its easy to use the software without alot of troubles.

With this software we are in position of solving all our external communication problems within our organisation as we are able to deal with customers related issues with ease.

Skype helps our organisation to reduce overhead running cost.

Skype review by Eduardo C.
Eduardo C.

"Funcional y sencillo, pero algo desactualizado."

What do you like best?

Lo que más me gusta de Skype es que está instalado de serie en todos los ordenadores con windows, lo que facilita la interconexión con desconocidos proporcionando un simple nombre de usuario. Además su sistema de videoconferencia y llamadas es muy intuitivo y simple, va directo a lo importante y no complica las cosas innecesariamente como sí hacen otros programas.

What do you dislike?

Podría criticar que no ofrece muchas funcionalidades como otros programas, pero es algo que sacrifica en favor de una interfaz más sencilla para cualquier persona. Si lo que necesitas es hacer una llamada o videollamada rápida, es mejor así.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A cualquier persona le recomiendo que busque en su PC skype si no lo ha hecho ya, y se sorprenderá al encontrar que ya lo tenía instalado y múltiples conocidos que ya lo están utilizando.

Lo he utilizado tanto para contactar con la prensa en entrevistas, como para entrevistas de trabajo, contactar con familia... Y por supusto multiconferencia con mis compañeros de trabajo cuando la distancia no nos permitía reunirnos de forma física. A día de hoy se sigue utilizando para estas cosas.

Skype review by Franklin Javier T.
Franklin Javier T.

"Easy and quick conference videos."

What do you like best?

In general, Skype has fulfilled my expectations, mainly I use it to communicate with my partners through videoconferencing, since my job is to move from one place to another constantly, therefore, through my mobile phone we make our meetings practical, easy and fast Also, of course, I communicate with my relatives, especially with those who are abroad. When I'm at home, I can use it on my computer. That's the good, it's very versatile.

What do you dislike?

Although it has been a tool that has met my expectations since I use it, I have noticed that it sometimes collapses and gets stuck. Therefore, I feel the need to close and open the application again. With regard to everything else, everything is fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although it is not the only video conferencing tool that exists in the market, I consider it one of the best and very easy to use, therefore, the recommendation faithfully.

The communication and the contact with my partners is of vital importance in my work, and Skype has solved this problem. I can meet with them through video conference when necessary and in a very quick and easy way.

Skype review by David  H.
David H.

"Face to Face"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use. I have been using it for years on all kinds of devices to do short distance and long distance calls. It supports long calls and you can do video calls and voice calls. It is easy to upload contacts and find your friends. It runs on all systems so when I did not have apple i was able to use it to video chat with clients.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it would take a really long time to open no matter what device I was using. But other than that I really never had any difficulties with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely versatile and I recommend it to anyone who needs a space to have group calls or one on one calls. Fits all the needs you will need and is free.

I love that I can do more than just call my clients. I work with many photographers so it is nice to be able to see a face and know who I will be working with. It provides a way to have more personal interactions with clients and show them anything I need to instead of just on a phone call or through email.

Skype review by Samson M.
Samson M.

"One of the best video conferencing communication software."

What do you like best?

What I mostly like about this software is how its easy to download,install and setup in mobile phones,laptops or desktops thus making it to be easily accessible from anywhere when having an excellent internet connection.Its also easy to use because it have an users friendly interface hence no much training is needed.I also like it for the fact that it provides fastest instant messaging with our organization.Furthermore,I likes its ability to make voice and video calls hence I use it for video conferencing and for interviews purposes.

What do you dislike?

No much criticism about this software since am satisfied with what it gives me though when making calls with colleagues or friends who are in romete areas where internet connection is poor it becomes difficult staying to a skype calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend them to use skype for the purposes of video conferencing and fastest instant messaging.

Through video conferencing our organisation benefits alot because it becomes easy to conduct interviews with job applicants who are outside our organisation hence saving time and money that would have otherwise be used as business travelling costs.

Skype review by Valli M.
Valli M.

"Skype a useful tool for communication "

What do you like best?

Skype are used as Cut the cost of your business calls. Smaller businesses tend to communicate differently than larger entities. ...Keep track of your expenditures,Stay in touch with customers. Video calling to Skype for Business contacts is currently only supported in Skype for Windows desktop; video calling in Skype. Participants in either Skype or Skype for Business meetings need not be using a Skype client to join the meeting–both services support calls from landlines and standard mobile phones. Skype allows you to communicate with people through video chat or conferencing. All you need to do is download the program onto your system and have a functional webcam and microphone, The most benefits are Instant Messaging, Broadcast online to a large audience,Reduce your business travel costs. .See when your contacts are available online, in a meeting, or presenting.

What do you dislike?

Skype is lagging due to Server & Network problem

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype that you use at home is great for smaller businesses of up to 20 employees. It is free to use, unless you want to buy credit to make calls to landlines and mobiles. Skype Meetings enables you to connect with your team for free.Building Relationships. Skype allows you to make both video and voice calls to your personal and business contacts.Low Cost, Flexibility

Problems solved by Skype are Keep track of your expenditures,Broadcast online to a large audience,Set industrial-strength security for meetings,See when your contacts are available online, in a meeting, or presenting.

Skype review by Indhumathi M.
Indhumathi M.

"One Stop Solution for all type of connection needs!"

What do you like best?

We can do free calls, video calls, conferencing at a higher quality. When we are in a group, 'Smart Notifications' are of greater use to filter what messages to read and save time. Drag and Drop files into the Skype window is a very easier way to send the files without copying.

What do you dislike?

When you send a request to a new contact, you can find that if we have mutual contacts with that person. However we cannot find who are all the mutual contacts. Also it often needs an update to continue using.

Sometimes the connection is slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be it for Business usage or for personal usage, Skype is one perfect destination who requires to stay connected, share files instantly, attend meetings and do much more at any time and anywhere!

The best feature what I love and use most often is, 'Share Screen' option which is really a great gift when we can not make the other person understand what we see on our screen!! Video Meetings have been made easy with Skype. When it comes to Files Sharing, Skype is the Easiest!

Learning about Skype?

* We monitor all Skype reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Skype