4.3 out of 5
(7,151)
Do you work for Skype?

Skype Reviews & Product Details

Skype review by Jeffrey A.
Marketing Coordinator

"Awesome tool for quick, intra-business communication"

What do you like best?

I love Skype for its most basic function: IM. I've used it for video conferencing, web conferencing, file sharing and more, but as I've moved on to other services for those things, I'll always come to Skype for communicating with fellow workers. Sometimes you need an answer faster than a phone call or email can give you, and Skype offers that level of immediacy.

What do you dislike?

Communication is Skype's primary function, and it excels. Through no fault of its own, however, it lacks a lot of the flexibility that other communication services provide. File sharing can get problematic and we've had multiple issues with trying to host conferences with people outside the company. Again, I can't really blame Skype for this. Much of the time it's affected by the network of someone/everyone in the party.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is a great, free tool for communicating within your business. Faster and more efficient than email, and allows instantaneous feedback. There are plenty of options that we don't even take advantage of here. Don't write off this excellent tool until you've had time to explore all the areas it can help with.

We use Skype to quickly and efficiently communicate with each other, and to send each other files/media used in our marketing projects and campaigns. Sometimes it takes a bit longer to upload, but I've noticed delivery of assets is a bit faster overall. When you don't have time to wait on an email response, and you can't get through by phone, Skype is an excellent option.

What is Skype?

Make internet calls for free with Skype. Call friends and family on any phone with Pay As You Go and Pay Monthly subscriptions, sign up today at Skype.com.

Skype Screenshots

Skype Profile Details

Skype Profile Details

Microsoft
Description
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.
1975

Skype Reviews

1-50 of 7150 total Skype reviews

Skype Reviews

1-50 of 7150 total Skype reviews
Skype review by Suleman A.
Senior Software Developer - NodeJS/Express, Angular, MVC Framework
Most Recent Skype Video Review
Skype review by Teresa W.
(10,001+ employees)

"Skype is a very good program to make calls."

What do you like best?

I really like to use Skype I can communicate with my friends and also with my family, it's a good program, I always use it, I've been using it for more than 3 years and I love it too, as chat is a good program.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it consumes a lot the battery of my cell phone, also the Spawn problem, there are people who add me without me knowing them, this is a big problem that Skype presents and it should improve it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this program, it is very useful, you can make video calls, communicate with friends and family, it is a good program that all people should use.

A benefit is that now thanks to Skype we can make video calls, also Video conferences, which are very helpful for the company. As a worker I also benefit, now I can be better connected with members of my work also with managers.

Skype review by Alex S.

"Skype app"

What do you like best?

The option to pay to have a number from which I can call fixed telephones is very good because I avoid charges from the operator if I only use this method with Skype

It has many functions that serve to make a more dynamic conversation such as shared screen, video calls and chat that I can use to share pleasant moments or what I want to show

Integral encryption allows me to have some private conversations in case someone enters my cell phone or my computer where I have Skype installed and reviews my conversations will not realize all

What do you dislike?

When I configure Skype so that the files and photos sent to me are downloaded automatically, it does not always do so correctly and I have to manually download it so that it is saved in the mobile phone

It serves to have a simpler and more private communication, also to save costs because if I want I only use it in free mode

I shorten distances with people who are far away through the video call that has good sound and image quality

Skype review by Erin S.
Software Developer

"Great personal and business tool"

What do you like best?

For a long time I have used Skype as a tool for communication with my clients and suppliers, almost 6 years now of intensive use with video calls and chat of this application.

Technically it is a very refined tool that perfectly fulfills its purpose of allowing communication between 2 or more people through chat groups or video conferences, it is advisable to have an internet connection with good speed for the proper functioning of the application, although you can always download the quality of calls and video if you do not have a good internet connection.

Regarding the interface, although the one used by default is not highlighted, it is possible to modify it through the options to change it to one that best suits our needs, it is also possible to select the color.

What do you dislike?

Currently I do not find any negative aspect except maybe, the price is a bit high when you are a new business and you have many expenses and few income, I think you could implement a trial period for business for a month or something similar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For new people in Skype I recommend using the latest version of desktop because it is the most stable, I also recommend that you hire a good internet connection if you are several people who are going to use Skype through audio or video.

Using Skype I can connect with everyone at any time through their chat and without any cost. If I need something faster I can use an audio call and to arrange a meeting we can use the video conferences, personally it is very useful because it has all the tools I need.

Skype review by Marrianzo L.
(10,001+ employees)

"I enjoy to work with Skype "

What do you like best?

I use Skype for video conferencing with my family and texting with my Internet friends. Skype allows us to see each other through the camera, which makes our communication even more calm and this allows us to feel each other closer. It has very simple and friendly interface, therefore, this program is easy to use. Skype is very easy to download, just had to go to the Microsoft Store and this program is in the first place. Before that, I used a discord, but then I learned that there was Skype, and immediately began to use it.I must say, there are a lot of differences, starting with the interface, ending with the functionality. For 8 months of using Skype, I did not notice any problems with the interface, everything works fine. Therefore, I think that Skype is much better than ICQ or Discord, and it leads in this list.

What do you dislike?

1. Strange contacts constantly add me to the list of friends and they constantly send suspicious links, I think that these are bots or Internet scammers. There are a lot of them, a day they can be added from 15 contacts, and they annoy me very much. A friend recently wrote to me that he was hacked using this link and stole all the data from his computer, passwords, bank cards and personal accounts.

2. Sometimes when I talk to a person, the connection may break or I can hear the person incorrectly and abruptly, which makes the conversation uncomfortable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has very interesting features and most of all it has free Skype to Skype calls. I therefore wish to encourage those whondony use it to install it to enjoy it like I am.

Instant messaging.

Videoconferencing.

Calls are free.

Skype review by Kishore K.
Business Development Manager
Education Management

"Best Tool of Business Communication"

What do you like best?

Instant Messaging, Calling any one at any time, Mobile Friendly.. I use Skype for official purpose and it is one of the best tool for communicating with the clients and internal team members.

Also sharing any files is much easier where you no need to open your email to do that, Also the best option is we can see whether the person has seen the message what we are trying to convey

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such, but the only thing is not able to keep a track of records which was sent 3 months back.

Not able to send huge files may we that can be improved in a better way. Screen sharing can made little use friendly which is now bit difficult for new users

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend any business to use skype for easy communication, Where you have them installed in mobile as well, You can communicate with them easily

Connecting with more number of Clients and partners at the same time in the same call.

Having it installed in mobile makes easier to connect with others even when we are not in office

Skype review by Abraham S.
Student advisor
Education Management

"Best communication tool for personal and Business use"

What do you like best?

Skype is one the most useful tool in my day to day work we use skype in our work place for all conversation

The best about skype is conference call with audio and video no matter were the person is staying and also if anything to be shared we can send a text message personally or in the group when needed .

What do you dislike?

Bandwidth is not good if we are trying to reach different country and trying to connect with group call or individual call

Browser web version is not good since we do not have more options apart from just calling and texting

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend every company to use Skype for daily activities because this helps to track and also helps in calling, messaging , sending documents and images quickly.

This tool will not cost you when compared to other tools and it saves time as well.

You can also install this app in your mobile and get in touch with your business people anytime

Hence i recommend all to use this tool

We connect with our team , agents and higher officials every day

we take a con call with the team members check the daily status and activities for the day

updates about the product and customer feedback

Skype review by Litton A.
Internet

"Perform my communication tasks"

What do you like best?

Skype is a great communication software, I like it because it offers quality video calls and cheap VOIP telephony plans, it also offers the ability to make collaborative video conferences and an instant chat.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I don't like about Skype because it has always worked well when I need it, as long as the internet connection is good it will work well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype has a very clear interface which makes it easy to learn to use, this within reach of any person or company, is highly recommended.

I use Skype for its features, when I'm writing code I must be concentrated a lot of time on my desk, Skype helps me to perform my communication tasks, my team meets through Skype constantly because we have many projects related to each other that needs a special coordination, allows to send parts of code to insert into other tables, documents, files with strange extension are sent without problems.

Skype review by Matthew B.
(10,001+ employees)

"It is a good program I always use it to talk with my friends."

What do you like best?

It is a good program I always use it to communicate with my relatives also with friends, I like it is very easy to use it has many options to make calls also has a personalized chat, I like the different types of emoticons, it is a complete program that all person should use.

What do you dislike?

it happens that when they send me some type of file sometimes I can not find where it is located on the computer, skype should make it easier, then everything else I like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to all people who use Skype, I use this program and I like it is very fun and easy to use, I can make video calls and use the chat option where I can use emoticons and many other things, I recommend Skype.

videoconferences are a benefit for the company where I work, today we use a lot of video conferences, it is remarkable that skype offers that copcion.

Skype review by Jordan D.
Software Engineer

"Skype, a solution for audio calls through internet"

What do you like best?

Skype is a great alternative for online communication through the internet through personal chats, group calls or audio and video calls with high quality. Personally, I have been using Skype for a long time and as time passes, its audio and video quality has improved a lot (also thanks to internet speeds are higher)

The application is very useful also as a client of personal messaging since it is possible to contact any person for free (only with chat, audio and video is paid). Through the chat it is possible to send all kinds of documents, especially useful screenshots since it allows to use the application also as a medium for remote technical support using screencast.

What do you dislike?

The Skype browser version is not very good compared to the desktop version or even the mobile version since sometimes it is offline and you must press F5 to refresh the page, so Skype loads again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are only going to use Skype as a chat client you can check that you do not have to pay anything since it is totally free in this aspect since only audio or video calls have additional cost. Also I recommend you to use Skype in its desktop version since it works best.

I use Skype as a means of communication between my clients (or future clients) to discuss contracts, problems that arise in projects or how to fix certain bugs of some applications, with this tool it is very comfortable especially if it is done through chat since you can work in a more relaxed way.

Skype review by PETER K.
ICT Director
Consumer Goods

"SKYPE FOR VIDEO AND AUDIO CONFERENCING "

What do you like best?

What I liked most about Skype is the GUI (Graphical User Interface). The GUI is simple thus making it easier even for beginner to use Skype. The video and Audio Quality are good and it is real time .

It has so many features like:

1) Skype to Skype calls

7) Voice messages

8) Send files

9) Screen sharing

10)Group screen sharing

What do you dislike?

Mostly in poor area with no strong signal the video call was not applicable. then some times audio has interference and annoying sounds like echos, but it is manageable .

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would advise any person to join Skype and enjoy the full benefits of Audio, Video, chats and many more features.

Real time communication with a customer through audio or video call. During group works individuals interact via the chats or video hence ease our workload. During the time when we had not started using skype we wasted a lot of time in travelling just to submit or do a face to face communication with the manager.

Skype review by Liliana D.
Software Developer

"Direct contact with my boss and my colleagues"

What do you like best?

Skype is a great communication software, it helps me to be in direct contact with my boss and my colleagues, you can share documents and code files without problems and instantly, it also gives me the possibility to organize meetings or interviews by video call.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have performance problems, when I use other software or have many conversations at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to use, I taught my kids how to use Skype so I can stay in touch with them while I work.

I use Skype in my work because it allows me to be communicated at all times without having to leave the design of graphics and write code, I can be in contact with my co-workers easily and collaborate with them, when I have doubts about any command just send the part of the code by Skype and my colleagues help me solve it.

Skype review by virginia r.
Licenciada administración

"Conferencias a cualquier parte del mundo."

What do you like best?

Skype es un software sofisticado que se instala en diferentes software y aparatos electronicos desde la computadora o el teléfono móvil. Este software es increíble porque da la oportunidad de comunicarme con otras partes del mundo a través de mensajes instantáneos, llamadas y videoconfesiones que realizo dentro de la empresa. También incluye funcionalidad de asistencia. Se está actualizando constantemente y la versión que tengo 8.41 te permite personalizarlo y colocar fondos de diferentes colores que quiero que posea este programa. Es muy innovador ya que las llamadas VoIP se escuchan fácilmente y no hay problemas de ningún tipo con el audio en comparación con otras aplicaciones que tienen distorsiones. Las videoconferencias son claramente vistas por los interlocutores y el espacio donde la otra persona habla se distingue con gran color. Es rápido y puedes sincronizarlo con correo electrónico y contactos.

What do you dislike?

Al usar Skype no he tenido ningún tipo de problemas con su uso, me he dado cuenta de que también es una herramienta que se utiliza en otras compañías y compañías de todo el mundo para la comunicación, lo que para mí más bien me permite establecer canales de comunicación con mayor facilidad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo a Skype como el centro para la conexión de llamadas y videoconferencias dentro de su empresa. Puede comunicarse a cualquier parte del mundo con una conexión a Internet. Te da mensajes y videoconferencias de una manera segura y confiable. Es gratis con ecepcion a llamadas a números particulares.

Me conecta en tiempo real con otros usuarios mediante llamadas y videoconferencias en reuniones de todos los tíos en el trabajo.

En caso de cualquier consejo, le diré al cliente que estoy brindando un servicio para aclarar algún escenario y brindar una solución más oportuna.

Me ayuda a trabajar en equipo, ya que varios colegas pueden integrarse en una videoconferencia al mismo tiempo.

Se integra con Outlook porque puedo sincronizar contactos más fácilmente.

Skype review by ana socorro v.
Lic. Ana Valor

"Skype"

What do you like best?

it is very versatile it can be both for personal and business use, since through this application you can send messages, calls, video calls, videoconferences. It can be free as your installation only requires a good internet connection. and a team with basic features such as audio input and output, camera, among others.

What do you dislike?

It is usually slow, in calls of video conferences it is often heard distorted and the connection may fall after all this because it requires a good quality internet so that its use is perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

only take into account a good internet connection and this will prevent the application from failing or relenterating more than anything at the time of video calls or videoconferences.

It is used for videoconferencing at the moment you want to raise something unexpected between managers and managers of it. to respond in real time effectively. Last but not least the one that can be installed and used through mobiles makes it much more practical and increases its usefulness.

Skype review by Joanne P.
Graphic Designer
Design

"Great tool for support via chat or audio"

What do you like best?

What I liked most about Skype is the ease to configure the application once installed, which by default has most of the necessary functions configured except for the phone call function since to enable these calls we need to ask for a phone number through the Skype application and recharge the balance in case you need to make a call.

In addition, its interface seemed very simple and intuitive, especially in the chat since it allows to differentiate very well the messages of each person since it encloses each phrase emitted by the user in a kind of block with colors as background for the message. I also found the Skype mobile application useful, which has the same functions as the desktop version, but here we can use our own phone to make calls or video without a headset.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the audio has interference and annoying sounds are heard that although they do not prevent to continue the conversation if they are unpleasant, luckily they seem to be temporary interference that barely last a few seconds and later you can continue without problems with the conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is a tool that provides not only calls and video but also a very stable chat application that you can use to communicate at no cost, so I recommend you start by trying this part of the application and use the calls only if it is very necessary.

With Skype I can communicate at any time of day and at any time using the chat even if the other person is disconnected at that time because the messages are waiting until the other party can read them and proceeds to answer us.

Skype review by Alex Z.
Sales Manager

"My opinion on "Skype""

What do you like best?

Availability. Skype is absolutely free. You can go to the office. website and download the program directly from it. After registration, you can immediately use "Skype" for its intended purpose. It is worth saying that it is possible to call from it so to the phones, BUT only after you replenish the account. (Unlimited calls to fixed-line phones in the direction: Russia - $ 6.99 per month. Unlimited World plan + calls to fixed-line phones in: Russia - $ 13.99 per month)

Nice interface. An experienced PC user will easily understand the interface. It’s easy to find your friend and add him to your contact list. For this is a definite plus. (There is also support for the Russian language. I don’t think it’s worthwhile to put it into a separate plus, since all of my well-known analogues of Skype are similarly localized into Russian)

Functionality. In "Skype" is all that is necessary for the ordinary user. Voice calls, video calls, the ability to share files, create group calls, as well as showing the screen to the other party. This is the standard functionality that "Skype" asked its competitors for several years to come.

What do you dislike?

Bad connection. The main objective of the program is to connect people at a distance so that they can exchange information. But with this "Skype" does not always cope well. There are communication interruptions. Not understandable hangs when the interlocutor becomes a robot. Video calls also suffer from the quality of communication. The picture is divided into many pixels in the resolution of 360p. It happened that the call itself ended. The same program can fly. It is connected, most likely with optimization. I used the program on Windows. I can not say how the program behaves on other operating systems.

Advertising. Yes, the program is free. It would seem, then what to complain about? Developers need to earn something. They have a subscription, the cost of which is beyond the limits. And yes, why there is no advertising in similar applications?

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program helped me to build a relationship with my business partner.

Skype review by Missal C.
IT Support Technician
(10,001+ employees)

"Keeps me in direct contact with my superiors and co-workers"

What do you like best?

Today communication is very important and Skype offers a wide range of features ideal for businesses and stores by offering instant chat that allows sharing files, documents and photos, video calls, voice calls and VOIP phone services.

What do you dislike?

With Skype internal communications have been optimized, there are only problems when we must move to places with bad mobile internet signal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I met Skype a few years ago and I am fascinated, it is a very complete software and easy to use, in addition to work helps me to be communicated with friends and my family daily.

Skype is the main means of communication with which we work, keeps me in direct contact with my superiors and co-workers, when I visit branches and administrative offices I must be in constant contact to be able to report news or needs and provide remote assistance sharing screen, I also like to be able to hold group meetings where you share results and bring more points of view to projects.

Skype review by youness e.
pharmacian Sidi Taher
Pharmaceuticals
(Myself Only)

"Very good app communication and when and when and when and and when and when and when and"

What do you like best?

Skype is a good tool for communication and contact both internal and external, allows me to be constantly connected with every one i know, what i like best about skype the quality of calls and videos is so high and the features is simple and easy to understand it is a friendly platform and simple

What do you dislike?

i didn't like the price of mobile call at first and about software in android application sometimes gets heavy but in desktop version every thing run good and the thing that i didn't like is the ringing song i don't know why but that what i feel about it

Recommendations to others considering the product

the best app for communication

in our village network connection to too slow the skype application keeping me contact with my family because it's easy to use for them, the quality of watching video and the voice is so amazing and steel work on slow connection

Skype review by Maria Elena Z.
System Manager

"Communicate with your colleagues quickly and conveniently."

What do you like best?

I have been using Skype for years and have made great progress in every way, the quality of the calls and the video are very good, I really like its interface since I can change it to dark mode so as not to damage my eyesight, the sending of documents is fast, something that I always like about Skype is that I can create many people's chat.

What do you dislike?

I do not like their notifications because they are too slow to appear, they also slow down my computer, I would like to see the chats in separate windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before using it you will have to have a Microsoft account, apart from this it will be a very useful tool that will keep you informed and up to date with your activities at work.

With Skype I can communicate with my bosses and coworkers without having to stop working, I use it daily to share files and make last minute meetings.

Skype review by Young M.
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Provides the solution to the communication of a company"

What do you like best?

Skype provides the solution to the communication of a company by offering videoconferences, video calls, chat and even phone calls, is a friendly platform and simple to use, one can contact users from other countries without problems and with image and sound quality.

What do you dislike?

Skype has no problems in its desktop version, however in its mobile version often has problems rde performance, sometimes gets heavy and falls alone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software has long been one of the best in the field of communication for the amount of features it offers and for how easy it is to install and use.

I started using Skype when I arrived at my company 7 years ago and it is the best communication software I have known as it covers a wide variety of features and services, allows meetings with colleagues and share files with rare extensions because they come in code format programming, you can share screen to better show the string that each file has and code libraries.

Skype review by Larry W.
(10,001+ employees)

"very good program to talk with other people"

What do you like best?

There are many things that I like when I use Skype, but the main one is that I can make video group calls with my friends. It's very fun, it's very easy to do, I like to use this good program.

What do you dislike?

There is something I do not like about Skype, sometimes the program closes without me making it annoying and I do not like it, I do not know if it is a problem of the program or it is my problem or my cell phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

my family friends use skype I use it many years ago and I like it, I recommend people to install skype is a good program and very easy to use.

I use skype to communicate with friends at work, my boss always leaves messages to the working group on skype, I think the company benefits a lot with the use of the program, this is an example.

Skype review by Mario T.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design
(Myself Only)

"Great app for worldwide communication"

What do you like best?

As a working tool it is very useful to organize video conferences with several people of the company or clients although the use that I have made of the video conference is only personal, with my family. In the professional field I use Skype to contact clients or perform support tasks through chat and on some occasion that is necessary as a screencast.

Very easy to connect with clients, and the possibility to use the application through multiple devices, I have personally tried Skype web, desktop and mobile in Windows, although it is also possible to use them in MacOS or Linux, so you do not have any limitation in terms of the operating system you use.

What do you dislike?

I had problems with the web version of Skype in my browser (Firefox) from time to time I suffered connection losses that forced me to close the Skype tab and reopen it to start the session again. At first I thought that they were dropped from the Skype server in my region but using the desktop version I have never had this problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to use Skype as a method of contact with your friends, suppliers or customers, the application is well known and you will find that many have an account already created in this application. Also the use of Skype as chat is free, you just have to pay for audio and video and its cost is not very high if you choose the right plan for your needs.

I needed a way to communicate with people for whom I do work and I already had Skype experience because I used it to keep contact with my family, in business I was very useful because it is a very used tool and almost everyone has a Skype account so it was not a problem in this regard. Also the application if used as a chat is very useful to leave warning messages.

Skype review by Brenda N.
Accountant
Chemicals

"Skype is a software for videoconferencing"

What do you like best?

I like that this software has videoconferencing, a feature that is very fun to use and it allows me to talk to my friends and family at any place and time that I want.

Skype also is a software that is very easy to download and install. Downloading it is very fast and it requires just a small space in your device.

It is fast. You can send your mesahes to another skype user very fast and receive your feedback as fast too. This facilitates instant messaging through Skype.

This software allows me to make Skype to Skype video and audio calls that are free. This saves me cost that I would have incurred.

It is very simple to use this software. It does not require any education of special skills for you to operate it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Skype does not operate in a place with poor or slow internet connection.

It is also expensive because it requires a subscription to be made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very recommendable for videoconferencing and for making calls as they are free.

Instant messaging.

Videoconferencing.

Saving cost due to free Skype to Skype calls.

Skype review by Misleh H.
(10,001+ employees)

"You can communicate easily and collaborate with other users"

What do you like best?

Skype is a complete work platform, you can communicate easily and collaborate with other users by sending documents and screenshots to make it easier to track the work, offers good quality video calls that we use to interview other people without needing to receive them in the office, also has an integration to Office that greatly facilitates the work with Excel or Word files.

What do you dislike?

When I'm out of the office I need to be communicated without faults and sometimes Skype can't offer me that because of connection errors that make it unusable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When we do dynamic projects we need to meet several times a day and thanks to Skype we can do it without leaving our respective offices.

When I am in daily work Skype is like my right hand because I can do and receive instantaneous queries wherever I am, I can be in contact with our central to get directives and objectives to be done, I can easily communicate with colleagues to get second opinion on some work I'm doing, it also allows me to go sending images to my office to portray the steps I follow.

Skype review by Maivi L.
Empleado de soporte

"The best communication tool in the world"

What do you like best?

I love the way in which Skype allows me to keep in touch with my clients, colleagues or my family no matter where they are, it gives you the option not only to make voice calls but also video, which is very satisfying, because you can have a more personal conversation with the person with whom you are communicating, also gives you the option of instant messaging and besides that the sharing of files of various formats (documents, images, videos), in general is a platform for super useful communication and perhaps one of the most widely used by the amount of tools that it offers, is FREE, you only need a PC or your cell phone, download it, configure it and ready, you will have the best communication tool.

What do you dislike?

Really Skype I have not got anything negative, sometimes video calls or voice calls tend to be slow or the image and voice tends to distort but I think it is more a problem of the Internet server than Skype.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a new communication tool for both personal and professional use, I definitely recommend Skype and I am absolutely sure that you will be fascinated, you will be able to make voice and video calls, send messages and files, make video conferences if it is what you need , in short, Skype is a platform designed to improve communication worldwide and is working.

Professionally and personally with Skype I went up to another level of communication, I can be in face-to-face contact with my clients just by clicking on the Skype logo, and also with my colleagues and superiors, in those moments that I can not go to. office or to serve a customer who can not move to where I am, I simply go to Skype and keep a smooth conversation without problems.

Skype review by Arliss H.
Accounting Assistant

"It makes it easy for us to meet without being in the same office"

What do you like best?

Skype is an ideal software to send questions and quick queries without needing to make a call, the chat offered is collaborative, ie it gives you the option to share screen, documents, videos and photos instantly, you can also organize business meetings with access for up to 250 users and an integration to Outlook and other Microsoft tools.

What do you dislike?

Before every time I opened Skype I could see the conversations in the same chat window, now I have to go to Outlook because the conversations are only saved there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is a software well known in the business environment because more and more companies adopt it for its advanced communication features.

It makes it easy for us to meet without being in the same office, it is also excellent for communicating with employees outside of my office, I take it everywhere in case my boss needs to ask me any questions about large customer reports or require any missing invoices.

Skype review by Charles M.
Sales Representative

"Keep in touch all day"

What do you like best?

Skype is a software more than anything business but is also used by individuals, owes its success to the features it offers and the quality of communications, offers chat, video calls, online business meetings, video conferences and voice calls.

What do you dislike?

From time to time we suffer communication problems with Skype, calls start to be heard with strange noises and the image is distorted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype works very well for personal use, it allows me to communicate via chat and video calls with friends living in other countries, when I'm travelling it's my best partner.

It's great software, I keep in touch all day with my boss and my co-workers, I'm indispensable in my work because I have to constantly tour offices to check servers and equipment and make repairs if necessary, for this I must go taking photos, documenting everything and send it via Skype to my office to be added to the daily reports, we also hold weekly meetings to finish commenting on the reports and proposing solutions.

Skype review by Wilsem K.
IT Specialist

"Videoconferences and online meetings for more than 200 people"

What do you like best?

Skype is the best option for business communication, offers great features to meet the needs, instant chat, video with a very good quality of image and sound, videoconferences and online meetings for more than 200 people, integration with Outlook from where you can organize meetings and keeps a record of chats, also adapts very well to Office 365.

What do you dislike?

When I have a lot of conversations at once it starts to fail, uses a lot of ram and sometimes falls on its own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype has a simple interface and very easy to use, no prior training is required.

When I work I need to be able to share screen, photos and code files instantly, having dynamic projects running I spend a lot of time away from my office, for this Skype has an excellent app that allows me to make video calls when I must show obsolete or defective hardware, send photos and orders to suppliers and communicate easily with my superiors as I work in a sensitive area and I must report every 4 hours.

Skype review by Augusto C.
HR Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Works both for large companies and for small companies"

What do you like best?

Skype works both for large companies and for small companies, always at the forefront of business communication offers instant messaging, video calls, VOIP plans, Outlook integration with the possibility of way the agenda of interviews and meetings more easily, allows meetings of up to 250 participants and share documents, photos, videos and links with ease.

What do you dislike?

When we use Skype everything becomes easier but sometimes it becomes unstable and drops for no apparent reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use Skype because it is the most complete platform for business communication and also a great software for personal use.

Skype is a good tool for communication and contact both internal and external, allows me to be constantly connected with the employees in my charge and be able to manage them better, allows me to make online meetings at the beginning of the day without leaving my desk or what I'm doing, my employees use it for collaboration between them and communication with other sectors of the company.

Skype review by Katherine G.
Auxiliar administrativo

"Communicate in the best way in the company of Skype "

What do you like best?

What I like most about Skype is that I can communicate with anyone from all over the world, regardless of the distance, I also like that this application is free, since I can make calls or videos calls without having to pay. Something else I like about Skype is that the time to install it on my Android device or Windows does not present any inconvenience because it does not weigh as much as other communication applications.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like about Skype is that sometimes in some calls there is poor image quality, but I do not have any complaints about it, since for me it is a very good application helping me to communicate this way in my work and social life.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this application because it is one of the best applications to communicate from anywhere in the world, through normal calls or video calls. In addition, it is an application easy to use and very easy to install from any device, whether Android or Windows.

Skype has helped a lot in my company because we can communicate or make meetings virtually by video call, also giving us the ease of working through this application with clients who are far away, thus providing better service. This application has helped me a lot because thanks to it I can present myself at any work meeting easily from a distance, without needing to be in the place.

Skype review by Eddy L.
Accounting Assistant
(5001-10,000 employees)

"A platform quite varied and with good performance"

What do you like best?

I really like Skype because it allows me to connect professionally and personally, offers video calls that with a decent internet look and hear very well, instant chat, emojis acceptable but could have more, integration to your account Outlook and Office products, is a platform quite varied and with good performance.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's impossible to get calls with good audio, lots of static and strange noises.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is a remarkable tool, useful and easy to use, it has an excellent free version and an even better business version.

Skype is a complete software that communicates with my different departments in the company, it is important for my team to be able to communicate in this way because we work with very important documents that sometimes do not reach their destination by internal mail and we must request them to other employees, this can be delivery orders, invoices and other types of documents.

Skype review by Samantha S.
manager of sales
(10,001+ employees)

"is the best program to communicate with other people"

What do you like best?

use skype over 4 years ago and I like it is a very good program helps me to have communication with my family friends from work, also with a very good friend who lives in Italy, it is a good program I like to use it.

What do you dislike?

I do not like it is that sometimes I send spawn messages from people that I do not know and that is very annoying, the company should be more careful, avoid that this type of people bother sending spam messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

is a program that I always recommend to my friends and family to use, I recommend people who use skype is very good program helps to have a very good communication with people who are in the United States or outside the country.

In the shop where we work, we use Skype, my colleagues always have Skype communication, we form groups and we call video calls to communicate, also our area managers call us or leave messages on Skype, to be informed of something related to the company or the work that we do.

Skype review by Harsh B.
System Engineer
Primary/Secondary Education

"skype lover!"

What do you like best?

Skype is the best source to convey the messages chat and video calls. the best part of the skype is the screen sharing option. you can easily chat with persons do your work and share everything on your desktop easily. i love to use skype even its intstalled in all my devices whether it is mobile , laptop etc.

What do you dislike?

the quality is not much good as it requires a very strong internet connection so its difficult to maintainthe high sped net.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use some lite connections so everyone can easily use and download on each and every device. give some new themes so that we can enjoy the User interface while learning the things or the use of this technology. i strongly recommend the new updates with lots of quality and features so that it will others. skype is best in all as it has lots of features already just need to make it little bit compact so it can be helpful. right now skype is widely used among IT industries or personal use also. its good for tool and people.

cool technology.

i have shared my work screen with my friends to solve the problems like error in coding, some presentatinn skills, live video lectures etch. skype is best for these things like if you stuck between something and you no one around you then you take help from others easily as its worldwide famous.

Skype review by Gladys C. A.
Human Resources Assistant
Internet

"Skype one of the first and one of those who is still alive"

What do you like best?

As a basic IM tool, Skype is ok. Microsoft should do more to improve its functionality and make it easier for users to collaborate. Whilst it's no Slack (pun intended), Skype should at least be able to store/recall past conversations with participants to be more intuitive.

What do you dislike?

File/Screen-sharing capabilities should be improved. Can't recall past conversations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Instant Messaging started off with a bang over 20 years ago, with ICQ, Yahoo Messenger, AOL Messenger, etc. taking off in the private space due to instant responses compared to static communications tools like emails. It wasn't long before it caught on in the corporate world, where Skype grows more and more.

Good Instant Messaging (IM) capabilities - Easy to determine if the person you want to engage is available / occupied via a series of traffic lights - Ability to "remember" previous persons you have chatted with, assuming you do not close the window.

Skype review by Nahil M.
IT Specialist

"Is the communicational solution that can be recommended to any company"

What do you like best?

Skype is the communicational solution that can be recommended to any company, offers a wide range of features that are essential, offers high quality video calls, collaborative video conferences and business meetings with more than 200 people, also offers a simple integration to Outlook that allows you to have a complete record of my chats.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we suffer loss of connection during important meetings or can not send necessary files, it is not very frequent but when it happens is very annoying and delays other tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is a very important platform because it keeps me in touch all day, at work with my colleagues and personally with friends and family.

In my job I am in charge of several technicians and technologies with which I must be communicated to guide them as a team, we have periodic meetings to coordinate the branches that have problems and will be visited for repairs and replacements of parts.