Do you work for Skype?

Skype review by Sachi V.
Sales Associate
Apparel & Fashion
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Convenient, quick and reliable"

What do you like best?

I love that Skype allows me to connect with multiple individuals at once, without an additional fee. The company is recognized worldwide and it ensures less of a hassle when communicating with people because of its ease of accessibility.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the network connection on skype can be a little iffy, however, this can't always be blamed on the company as people have different wifi speeds and there are many other variables involved. It can also be tough to find peoples usernames at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In terms of recommendations to others considering using Skype for their business or personal needs, I would say it's important to ensure that you have a strong network connection for things to run smoothly and that everyone is already added as a contact. This definitely ensures a smoother user experience.

I personally use Skype most when I need to have a conference and not everyone is at the same place at the same time. The benefits that Skype offers are that I don't need a space to hold all the individuals partaking in the conference, and it allows me to work from the comfort of my home, office or when I'm away.

What is Skype?

Make internet calls for free with Skype. Call friends and family on any phone with Pay As You Go and Pay Monthly subscriptions, sign up today at Skype.com.

Skype Screenshots

Skype Profile Details

Skype Profile Details

Microsoft
Description
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.
1975

Skype Reviews

1-50 of 5919 total Skype reviews

Skype Reviews

1-50 of 5919 total Skype reviews
Skype review by Suleman A.
Senior Software Developer - NodeJS/Express, Angular, MVC Framework
Most Recent Skype Video Review

"Using skype for video chating for more than 10 years"

Skype review by Sarah M.
Finance Manager
Building Materials

"Skype for efficient and effective communication."

What do you like best?

Skype is a software that allows me to have videoconferencing. This is a feature that allows me to talk to my friends anytime and anywhere.

Also this software is easy to install on the device you want it in. It only requires to download it and a small storage space.

This software allows me to have free Skype to Skype calls. I can have free Skype to Skype video and audio calls. Therefore I can save cost and time.

Also I enjoy using Skype for it is fast. It therefore allows me to make instant messaging. This makes it very easy for me to communicate with my friends.

It is very reliable. You can depend on it to send messages very fast and to makes free Skype to Skype calls

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Skype cannot work in a place with poor or slow internet connection.

Also it is expensive. It has to have a subscription for it to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for videoconferencing and for free Skype to Skype calls which saves time and cost.

Videoconferencing.

Instant sending of messages.

Free Skype to Skype calls that save time and cost.

Skype review by Jack G.
Consulting Assistant

"Free calls and much more"

What do you like best?

The option of being able to call another mobile phone directly from Skype by paying a plan is very low cost and it seems to me that it is cheaper to pay so I plan to another operator

The subtitles of support that appear on the screen is the best because sometimes communication is cut or you do not understand well what the other person is saying but with these subtitles help to follow the conversation without stopping it or ask again what was said

What do you dislike?

There are several pages that are made to resemble the original Skype so that it is downloaded and not the original one and when downloading the copy the computer or the mobile phone can become infected with viruses.

I can not block numbers that I do not want to have in my contact list or call my Skype number

It seems to me an app that besides helping in the communication of the working area is also useful for the sending of information and to be able to contact the clients more personally for the video calls

It is an app that not everyone uses but in the company we all use it to be the means of communication by which we contact all employees either by call or videoconference

Skype review by Brenda Q.
HR

"Skype has come a long way"

What do you like best?

As tool that is currently being used for my personal use, I can say that Skype has sure come a long way. With Cortana on hand, she makes it easy to schedule, remind, and make note of things you want her to and shes always ready so long as she is enabled. We are officially living in a world where we can confuse our virtual assistants. Who would have known? Between Cortana, Siri, Alexa, Google... anywho... Skype has sure evolved to fit into the trend of assistants which I am quite please with. I am glad that I can use this across a majority of my devices with ease. I only say majority because my Google home doesn't have a screen I can use that feature with. Overall the update with the fun images we can send, the video quality troubleshooting has all improved and I am quite pleased with it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can complain about. It is pretty simple and the basic use of it hasn't changed over time. I am just grateful for the consistency in updates and video quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Considering the growth of this platform, I would highly recommend for business implementation. Skype for Business is affordable as well.

No formal business problems yet, though I have used Skype for Business for the chat capability in companies before. I do though count on it for being able to see mom's face every week. so it's dependable for sure!

Skype review by Matias p.
Asistente de personal

"A highly reliable and efficient source of multiple types of communication"

What do you like best?

Skype for companies is a wonderful collaboration platform. This is the platform where companies obtain benefits, when they allow expenses to be reduced and to provide their services. Skype is the surprising and useful product of Microsoft. As a result of using this software, I came to know that it not only provides services for calls, massages, exchange, etc. It also allows the user to achieve their work objectives. I really like to use all its features and functions, they are well developed and they are very easy to learn. There are many things that I like about Skype, like video calls and their high quality and solidity. It is also great that this product allows more than two hundred people to connect at the same time. It is an advanced and positive platform for all. Even software is not good, your customer service is also professional and responsive

What do you dislike?

Skype has been in my use for 2 years now and we have created a professional link. As most of the time, I am completely dependent on this tool for professional communication. At the moment, I have not encountered any major problems, except for the fact that file sharing is not as reliable in this tool. Either it disappears from the chat box or it can not handle large volume files

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this software to my friends and other colleagues. It is very easy to install and use. The basic version is free to use and is open source so that beginners can try to use it and enjoy advanced functions

The broad and robust community of Skype users speaks for itself and about the success of the Skype tool. Continuous improvement and easy-to-use experience is what keeps us continuously involved with this productive and practical tool.

Skype review by Muhammed Bilal S.
FX and Precious Metals Trader
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Contact with your friends without a Sim Card"

What do you like best?

The best part of the Skype is making video calls or texting to your friends with internet network. When I was abroad , I easily communicated with my family and friends by using Skype. All you need is to have an internet connection. With Internet connection , you do not have to buy a sim card.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes , the app does not work properly when there is low internet connection. For underdeveloped areas , the Skype can make updates and optimization to ensure connection between people. Moreover , the group chat in Skype may be challenging some times. Thus , there could be optimizations for the low connection of internet.

If there needs to be an urgent meeting , we can easily open a team chat in Skype. We can also open video chat with number of people. Therefore , we dont have to gather in a same place to make an urgent meeting.

Skype review by Akshay N.
IT Recuiter

"It is worlds best app to make communication freely"

What do you like best?

Following are things I like most in Skype:

1. I am able to make communication smoothly with my friends and family

2.Skype allows us to make connection in both way Voice and Video

3. You can also communicate with your business contact

4. IT is low cost tool to manage with better flexibility

What do you dislike?

1. Skype need to improve in feature with other language translation.

2.And it still lacking in business version

Recommendations to others considering the product

I Can recommend it too users to use the Skype than Zoom call because here is the more flexibility than zoom App. I can say that Skype is more secure in business domain while using It. So I strongly recommend it to other users . One it will make the other language translation it will full version use for all country user

We can able to communication with our business contact with less amount of spending and with better flexibility and more accuracy

Skype review by Ruben N.
IT Support

"A classic video chat software"

What do you like best?

Depending on the internet connection, the video chat capabilities are pretty good. It’s fantastic I can keep a conversation with people from every side of the world. I have kept fluid conversations with people from Asia, Europe and even Australia. It is definitely one of the classic video chat software on the market.

What do you dislike?

I honestly think the security of Skype is pretty weak, like there might be high possibilities of hacking. I think that’s the main reason why so many people choose other platforms instead of these one. Another thing is that chat history gets deleted after a certain point. It happened to me that I wanted to check some information from 2 year ago and it doesn’t exist anymore. I didn’t like this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Skype to users who are interested in creating meetings, with a single person or with several people. In general, this software is a good choice for meeting, from things as serious as calling clients to things more relaxed like talking to friends and family. Because Skype is extremely easy to install on various operating systems, it’s a great choice for small and medium size companies who require a decent meeting software.

Skype allows us to have contact with people through chat, call or video call. Giving its simpleness, it is very easy to use by almost anyone. In my company, we use it to follow up on the products we are intended to purchase, to communicate with Directors and Chiefs, between departments or with our costumers. I have even known of members of the team who uses it for entirely personal purposes, like talking to family or meeting people online.

Skype review by Nancy S.
Business Accountant
Financial Services

"Skype has never disappointed in video conferencing with colleagues"

What do you like best?

Over the past three years, Skype has been my close assistant in communicating with workmates in remote areas. It is interesting how this video conferencing app transforms large geographical distances into a simple visit room. My supervisors are able to communicate business strategies in an effective way. Secondly, I like Skype because of the privacy that it gives people involved in conferencing. In the past, organizational communication was hard because we did not have Skype to facilitate the sharing of information. The sound and video chats are clear, and little cost is incurred in the form of Skype credits. Lastly, this video conferencing application is usable on most computers that have Microsoft operating system. The themes that are installed in Skype also make the use of the software interesting.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I dislike about Skype is the frequent disconnections that users in remote areas experience due to network coverage, and conversations have to be delayed. Moreover, some instances of network outrage make some received files inaccessible from the correct Skype directory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those that have not experienced the convenience of Skype, the app meets all organizational and personal needs. It is good to have a tool that enables video interaction across vast geographical distances.

Skype is solving communication problems in the company. Supervisors do not have to be physically present to give instructions to remote workers. Essential messages are also communicated in a timely manner.

Skype review by Horace j.
Human Resources Manager
Airlines/Aviation

"skype is best for communication my business"

What do you like best?

As I would like to think it is a phenomenal application. It is utilized all the more every now and again by a substantial number of individuals to associate with PCs or clients who live in removed spots. One can get to Skype effectively. Simple to download, introduce and use. It gives us a decent stage to hold gatherings with a few people in the meantime. Your video call is a standout amongst the most dominant and most critical capacities for everybody. It enables us to impart our screen to other individuals to share our information or private data that we would prefer not to partake in a product duplicate. For venture the executives demonstrates that there is nothing with the exception of this software.It could be said that it is the most essential coordinated effort apparatus we have in the organization amid the years that we work here. Expanded the productivity everything being equal and the capacity to achieve our colleagues in various nations and workplaces. It has been an ideal and valuable correspondence programming for organizations everything being equal and for all ventures. It is an office stage independent from anyone else.

What do you dislike?

To the extent I'm worried, with this community oriented programming. It is a superior alternative than alternate apparatuses accessible in the market, since its connection of grievances is low and works great. As I am a successive client of this item, I nearly don't need to discover any issue when utilizing this wellspring of joint effort. A minor issue that occasionally emerges is that when I send a voice message, the message vanishes in my visit room, however the individual to whom I sent it gets it. It's an unusual thing It happened 5 to multiple times, however it is anything but a major issue. I attempt, could be my web issue or association mistake. All things considered, I'm happy with you Skype.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best, exemplary, least complex informing application and sound/video call. Exceedingly prescribed.

It keeps me imparted on occasion when I can not be available at my work environment, in this manner keeping up a moment and powerful correspondence without being available, in addition to it has encouraged correspondence with customers and providers who are out of the nation.

Skype review by Rick Richardson B.
Software Developer
Banking
(10,001+ employees)

"Skype is always help communication inside organisation and professional peoples. "

What do you like best?

Communication speed between two more peoples and group peoples is good.now of days Skype convert to very much better and very much clean and very much first to communicating process.Themes and writing letter style is good color and very much beautiful when you writing messages to anyone.

What do you dislike?

As much we know Skype is good application ,Dislike is in mobile application in mobile when we use Skype download some files coming from anyone when we download that file in this time that file storage location not found in mobile .That is more difficult situation for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good software application easy to use and sharing files ,images to anyone very much first.it helps organisation for sharing files video chat and recording facility is there .It is good software for use.

Good question ,It was it is always solving business problems from acade when any messaging application not available in market that time it help everyone to communicating each other.Sharing files,messages images is very much easy to everyone .

Skype review by William N.
Mining & Metals

"The most convinient video conferencing software."

What do you like best?

The ease to download,install and setup this software on any internet enabled devices is what I like most about Skype.I like the way its easy to make both audio and video calls for free to skype users.Its also easy to chat with colleagues and friends using Skype because it provides the fastest and efficient instant messaging services.Has great mobility support hence making it more flexible.Finally its easy to conduct conference calls,group meetings,interviews and international calls using the video conferencing feature of skype thus reducing time and travelling cost.

What do you dislike?

This software has been very reliable means of communicating with colleagues in our organisation hence I dont have any dislike concerning it.Its a software worthy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend the use of Skype to others because its easy to use and makes video conferencing possible.

It provides fastest instant messanging service.Its cost effective because it reduces time and travelling cost.It also makes communication better,faster,effecient and effective within our organisation.

Skype review by Faith M.
Consumer Goods

"Skype as most convenient means of commucation."

What do you like best?

The great thing I like most about skype is that it has become the most convinient,efficient and faster means of communication within our organisation.Communicating with my Colleagues and friends through skype audio and video calls has become very easy and convinient.Fastest instant messaging in our organisation has been as a result of skype group chats hence easy to communicate to my colleagues through sending them messages.The screen sharing feature of this software is of much importance to me because it easy to share my works with others colleagues.Video conferencing is awesome because it now possible to make conference calls,conduct meetings and interviews with ease hence bringing everything under one roof.Moreover its easy to use Skype because it completely free to use and installation and setup process doesn't requires much training.

What do you dislike?

Frequently been disconnected from a call as a result of poor internet connectivity is what I dislike but this does not occur every time hence when the connectivity is excellent the software works greatly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those looking for a most convenient means of communication I recommend them to try using skype because its a software worth using.

It has become the most convinient means of commucation in our organisation.File sharing and screen sharing is great.

Skype review by Gilbert L.
Senior Expert Clinical Pharmacologist - Global Project Lead
(10,001+ employees)

"Fuss-free and reliable video con-call tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to make phone calls, as long as you have internet access. Makes it so easy and convenient for me and my colleagues to discuss when we are all over the world for business meetings. Fees are minimal and affordable. Interface is clean and simple and "idiot-proof". Video calls are crystal clear most of the time and voice call is almost just like the normal phone calls. I like it that we are able to hold multiple parties conference calls and everyone can be engaged. Unlike many other software, only two person can video call to one another.

What do you dislike?

something i do not like is the articles i have read about security vulnerabilities on the software. i am unsure if they have been fixed, but they are worrisome. in recent years, internet security is one of the main concerns and i feel that it should be addressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

skype is an unexpensive tool which you can make use of to communicate with overseas counterparts. in this day and age, all computers (on windows platform) comes pre-installed with skype. it is one of the most "idiot-proof" software to use. on top of that, the good quality videos and voice calls makes it the best tool for any companies.

as we are mostly travelling, skype is our best companion when we need to hold emergency meetings or discussions. it is certainly easier than having to fly all the way down for a short 1hour meeting. also, it is much easier compared to trying to put your point across in texts or emails.

Skype review by Wambui L.
Assistant Accountant
Farming

"Very reliable for communication with colleagues in the company."

What do you like best?

Very friendly when communicating with colleagues thus maintain good relationship within the company.

Ability to send all kinds of data is very efficient thus very effective.

Audio and video communication enables to chat with the boss when out of the country and its free thus cost effective.

Ability to share screens is very impressive during training because field officers can participate while away.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes hangs when the internet connection is slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend people to try skype because its a social network which offers many benefits.The user can share screens and participate in training while away from office.The user can be able to communicate with other people who are oversees with no extra charges.Very effective with video calling.

Sharing screens enables all the colleagues within the company to participate in the train even while away thus very effective.

The user can communicate while out of the country which the charges are free but with other means the charges are high thus cost effective.

Skype review by Steve E.
Organization Manager

"Skype is easy"

What do you like best?

Skype is a very useful app that helps me to communicate with those people I need

I started using Skype and it has made me very useful for my business or meetings that I have to attend in addition to being very easy to use

The platform is very simple and everything is well specified and has everything very well ordered

What do you dislike?

Really images or emojis are slow to load at the time that is in the chat

I just think that it has a lot to do with improving the app although the latest updates have entered more useful things

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can say that it is a good communication and sending documents app is something different from the popular app

interacts more with people by being able to make a video call or just call via Skype

You can also send documents through Skype

is a great communication tool for the company to communicate with my friends at work

Skype review by Nik W.
Professor

"An Excellent Tool for Connecting to Others"

What do you like best?

The connection to others, as obvious as that answer may seem, is actually the best part of this tool. You need to speak to people, but you're busy or separated by distance. Boom - Skype comes in to help you save the day. In terms of tools within Skype itself, I use and like the chat function the best.

What do you dislike?

I am not sure it is so much that I dislike something, but I am always uncomfortable with the idea of syncing contacts with a service - even Skype. It might be irrational because every single action we complete now happens in the cloud. I trust Skype - do not get me wrong. I can use the tool without syncing, of course. But for others that may also be uncomfortable with this type of syncing, it is important to know that it is a recommended step when you register for the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're going to use Skype, absolutely take advantage of the chat function!

Because I teach but am not always able to hold on-site office hours, this allows me to meet with students without the pressure of commuting to the main campus.

Skype review by susana d.
IT Manager

"Just a good software for video communication"

What do you like best?

The instant message feature is solid, fast and it has some fun emojis. It’s very accessible and easy to access, all you need is a Microsoft account and you can start using it. Video calls and audio have a good quality, it performs very well. The ability to share files instantly over the same platform makes it even more useful when it comes to analyze work.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, is not one of the best software to be used for video communication. I think Skype needs to do something to stay relevant among the competition. Maybe an improvement would be to make a connection with another relevant app, like Facebook, snapchat or google+. This would give Skype more visibility

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software can be a great solution if you know how to take advantage of it, because it will allow you to maintain a nice conversation, with a decent quality of video and audio. However, beware of issues when your device has poor signal. In that particular case, I would recommend to use chat only and avoid video chat and even calls, because it can get really annoying.

Skype has been used in my company for communication with members who are not physically there. The uses we give to this software are almost countless: consultations, collaborations, interviews and many others. This software is a great tool to have for face to face communication with one person and even a small group.

Skype review by maria jose a.
Encargado

"Keep communicating always with yours with Skype, it's the best"

What do you like best?

Skype is an excellent tool for daily use either personally or professionally, I can make calls or video conferences and keep in touch with friends, family or clients, the most innovative of this software is that it can make you present in a single site No need to move to it, you can do meetings from the comfort of your home, or you can say hello to friends or family that are a few kilometers away.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to access it from the browser without needing to download it and the audio of the video conferences or video calls is distorted a bit as the connection becomes slow

Recommendations to others considering the product

download both on your computer and your cell phone, with it you can make or receive video calls from both devices or whatever of your choice

I can make business meetings with clients or potential clients without the need to attend a meeting point, I only make a video call and it is like having the person present on that site.

Skype review by sara r.
IT Manager

"Keep fluid conversations with Skype"

What do you like best?

The chat from Skype is excellent, keeping the classic environment from Microsoft Messenger. It allows me to have a fluid and solid communication with my co-workers and clients. The video calls are great, but only if you have access to a WiFi connection or a very good data signal. With this, you will assure that the message gets to hear loud and clear.

What do you dislike?

Skype if one of those classic platforms when it comes to maintain live communication, but at the moment there are so many other platforms doing the same thing (GoToMeeting, Zoom, etc) and sometimes doing it better, that Skype is going to have to do something that differentiates it from the rest. Now, even if the video quality is great, the service and connection issues are a common issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it for video communication with one person, however, it does get stuck when it comes to video chat with multiple people. In those cases, I would recommend another platform that offers better service, like GoToMeeting and Zoom. Nevertheless, it still works well when it comes to simple meeting.

In our organization, we use Skype as a collaboration to our researchers, employees and clients who work in different cities or different countries. This software allows us to keep a conversation with each other, either via video chat or audio, and, if we wish to show the work that has been done on the computer, we have a screen sharing option on Skype.

Skype review by maria h.
maria huang

"application review skype"

What do you like best?

Excellent program, with which we can keep in touch with our allies, clients, relatives, it is ideal to carry out personalized support as well as give immediate answers.

By installing it automatically creates rules of entry and exit in the firewall of the equipment, you have a high sound quality and calls are completely secure. It works on different platforms or operating systems. It also has an application for mobile phones. Everything from the hand of a good data or internet connection in the case of computers.

With this great tool we can boost the customer service business both by video and chat, solve everything in real time, you will have a good reputation in your organization. You can add a call button to your website by creating a code in html and place it in the site you want.

Remember absolutely all calls and video calls between Skype are free, The customer, analyst or whoever makes the call can have full security that saves time and costs. Everything depends on a good internet connection.

To conclude, all in one the tool simplifies everything you need in a single program. Welcome to the world of free Skype calls.

What do you dislike?

Excellent tool, it's free and works very well. I'm not complaining about Skype.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good tool, I recommend to all people who want to make calls or video calls using Skype.

The acquisition of this powerful tool in the organization has given very good results

Skype review by Evaline W.
Finance Manager
Mining & Metals

"Skype ensures that communication is excellent"

What do you like best?

I like that Skype ensures that I get to enjoy videoconferencing. This therefore allows me to talk to my friends and colleagues anywhere and anytime.

Skype is easy to install. It only requires downloading and installing it in the device occupies a small storage space.

This software is very fast. It there helps to achieve instant messaging. Also feedback is got very fast.

Skype to skype video and audio calls are free. This makes the software cheap and affordable. I can therefore save time and cost thay I would have spent.

This software is finally very reliable. It is fast, affordable and very simple go use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that unlike other softwares, Skype is not free. It requires internet connection yo a very strong network.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I urge them to switch to Skype because it is fast, cheap and reliable for communication.

Skype supports videoconferencing.

Savie on cost and time due to free Skype to Skype calls.

Instant messaging.

Skype review by Lucy W.
Procurement Manager
Food Production

"Audio and video calls availlable in skype."

What do you like best?

I like Skype since it supports audio and video calls. These calls are Skype to Skype. They are very free and thus this software is very reliable for these calls.

I can also carry out videoconferencing. This is an activity that I like to carry out. It is very interesting and fun.

I like skype too because it is fast. It sends my messages very fast. This promotes instant messaging through this software.

It is very simple to use skype. It does not have a lot of hard demands and neither are they complicated.

Also skype is easy to install. It does not use a lot of internet bundles to download it and it doe not also occuoyva lot of storage space.

It is easik reliable. This is because it is very fast, easy to use and affordable.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about skyoe is that it does require a subscription. This makes it expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really don't know what they use if not Skype. This software is fast reliable and affordable and most definitely my preferred software for videoconferencing.

Free Skype to Skype audio and video calls which helps to save time and cost.

Videoconferencing.

Instant messaging since it is fast.

Skype review by Edwin K.
Food Production

"Good for videoconferencing."

What do you like best?

I like to carry out videoconferencing. It is a very interesting activity. It facilitates me to send messages to my friends and colleagues anywhere and at any time.

You can easily install skype. This software occupies a small storage space in the device you want install it in.

It is fast to send messages through. This software is very quick to receive feedback too. Being fast makes it very reliable.

It is simple to use skype. In its operation it does not require special skills or demand complicated things of needs.

I can makes audio and video calls using skype. These calls which are from one skype user to another are free. This helps to save time and costs

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Skype is a software that is expensive. I am required to make a subscription so that it can operate well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for videoconferencing and for free Skype to Skype audio and video calls.

Videoconferencing.

Saving cost and time because it has free Skype to skype calls.

Fast for communication since it is fast.

Skype review by Omayra M.
IT System Administrator

"Great interface but a bit invasive to the system"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface and nicely designed GUI. Sounds and interactions with the program are distinctive of the Brand- and the ability to share desktops are my favorite things this program has to offer. The new interface reminds me of the old msn days where you have a list of saved contacts and you constantly see whether they are logged in or out- regardless if theres a meeting pending or not.

What do you dislike?

The program has always been very invasive towards the operating system in regards to how you have to close it multiple times in order for it to actually close once and for all. When you set it up to load during startup on most Windows computers on my working environment, it usually slows down the computer a lot. When people close it, it forcefully minimize and you have to sometimes close it in the task manager.

It slows down the process of turning the computer up and booting the system when it loads with Windows. People need to reconfigure in msconfig to order it to not boot with the system.

The benefits are that most employees learn to use it fast.

Skype review by Jyothika J.
Social Media Coordinator

"Best application for Free calls."

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and install. It helps in best video calling and chatting. This software can be download in android and I phones and also acceptable in most of the PC. It includes plan which is low cost and group conference calls are allowed which helps in giving a group information instead of individually informing. It is time consuming software. It is useful for both personal and professional part. And it is also occupies only less storage space. The features of this software are excellent.

What do you dislike?

For me personally it is very useful but when I tried doing international calls they are quite expensive. And also some times it shows technical issues. Otherwise it is one of the best software for video calling and chatting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would sure recommend this software to my friends and other colleagues. It is very easy to install and use. The basic version is free to use and it is open source so starters can try using it and enjoy the rich features.

I'm very satisfied with this software, which is providing me with best results in high internet connection. The basic version is free and open to use. In my office I use this software for informing the group messages through group conference instead of informing individually. It is time consuming for me personally. I use this software both personally and professionally.

Skype review by Pablo Antonio R.
Fiscal de Transporte

"It's an amaizing and useful software, super recommended!"

What do you like best?

Skype is an excellent tool to make videochat with my coworkers and it lets me show my work with my boss when he is far away, besides you can do audiocalls with your family and friends, also you can create group videocalls. It is the best way to make my work easier and faster, the interface is very friendly and the app is not expensive, it is very useful on many ways and I really like it.

What do you dislike?

The only bad thing that I have to say is if you do not have a faster internet conection, you probably will have a low quality while you are doing a videocall with someone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The interface is good and easy so don't worry about anything, i would like to recommend so much this software or app to make your life easier.

It makes my work easier and it is really useful when you need it, I think that it provides me the best service of calls and videocalls.

Skype review by Beau K.
Graduate Assistant to the Dean of the Woodbury School of Business
Food & Beverages

"Skype usage"

What do you like best?

I enjoy Skype because it can be used on multiple platforms like Android, Apple, and even on Xbox. Another advantage of Skype is the ability to video chat with people in other countries for free. There is also a call function that is free. It is generally a pleasant experience to video chat or voice chat on Skype. It has connect me and my family and workmates wherever I am for free. It also makes it possible to work remotely.when circumstances do not allow you to be in person for a meeting.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how Skype is always clear regarding video quality when I know that my internet and the internet of whom I am calling is high speed. The chat and friends bar is not very user friendly or worthwhile. I never use chat on Skype because it does not have good click through. I also dislike how Skype automatically defaults to start up on your computer. Lastly, Skype does not have a function to video more than one person at a time like Zoom. If they do have that functionality than it is too difficult to find or figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is a very user friendly software that can get the job done. If you want a reliable software that will satisfy you and your company, switch to Skype.

With Skype I am able to remotely attend meetings that I would not normally be able to attend due to time and costs. The most important benefit that I receive from Skype is that I save thousands of dollars not flying to meetings by using Skype to attend remotely. I have realized that Skype on my phone is just as quality as it is on my laptop. So I am not only able to attend meetings remotely, but I can attend wherever I am using cell phone data. I can even be on the bus, or at the beach attending a meeting.

Skype review by Todd B.

"App simple to use."

What do you like best?

I find it very useful for communicating with employees for the chay or call that is some of the work

Sharing the screen is to feel that more than a call or video conference is something more complete at the time of communication with the person

It is an app that is easy to use, since it is very specific and quick at the moment of executing an action

What do you dislike?

I work a lot Skype and I do not have any bad comments or any complaints I have not had any bad experience in everything that I have been using this app and if there are connection failures it is by the internet that I manage but not by the app

Before I had the problem if I wanted to contact one of the employees to help me in some technical failure or show physical alphas had to come to the office and see what it was, since I have Skype for video conference is solved

Skype review by David S.
Principal Owner
Accounting

"Seamless connections and one of the best video conferencing software"

What do you like best?

1) Video conferencing with our Italy colleagues has never been made simpler!

2) The voice call is crystal clear (most of the times)

3) Instant messaging is also available to talk to colleagues who are not convenient to speak at that moment

4) Voice calls can also be made to actual phone numbers

5) Cheap rates worldwide

What do you dislike?

1) At times, voice gets muffled -> probably due to the bad microphone, room environment or even feedback from speakers

I hope that there can be improvements done to the audio where neutralizing of feedback can be done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For everyone who needs a video/voice call function, Skype is the way to go! It not only allows us to connect in a business aspect, it also allows us to connect to our loved ones when we are abroad. Removing the need to buy additional SIM cards of that particular country.

We have multiple partners from all over the world and with Skype, it allows us to be connected, as though we were just next to each other in the office!

Skype review by Hellen N.
Human Resources Manager
Food & Beverages

"Skype makes communication very perfect."

What do you like best?

I like that Skype is a software that you can install anytime you want. This is because it does not occupy a lot of storage space in your device.

Through skype you can have videoconferencing. This is an activity that is so interesting to carry out.

You can easily send messages using skyoe because it is very fast. This facilitates instant messaging to other skyoe users.

Using skype helps to save my time and cost. These skype to Skype audio and video calls are free which facilitates that.

You can rely on it to send and receive messages because it is fast and very secure.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that skype requires network connection and a strong one. This simply means that you cannot use it in a place with slow or poor network.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would encourage those who want to have a very awesome experience of videoconferencing and to save money they should use this software.

Reliable for videoconferencing.

Saving time and cost due to the free calls.

Easy to install saving space.

Skype review by Eric K.
Electrical Engineer
Environmental Services

"Communication made excellent by Skype."

What do you like best?

I like that Skype is a software that is free to use. Its requirements are not complicated as compared to those of other softwares.

It has videoconferencing. This feature allows me to communicate with my friends and colleagues at any place and time I want and everywhere they are.

It is a fast software. It ensures that messages are passed in a very quickly way. Thus instant messaging is ensured.

Also I can makes free Skype to Skype video and audio calls. This is helps to save time and cost that I would have spent.

It occupies small storage space in the device I want to insta it in. This makes it to have easy installation.

You can rely on Skype to communicate because it is fast and because of free calls.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I have to have a subscription so that I can use it.

It also dislike that it requires a strong network.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very recommendable to those who want to experience videoconferencing.

Also for free Skype to Skype calls.

Videoconferencing.

Saving Money and time due to free Skype to Skype calls.

Storage space saving due to easy installation.

Skype review by David M.
Human Resources Assistant
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"A Great Program For Personal and Business"

What do you like best?

What I love most about Skype is how easy it is to get in contact with nearly anyone from across the world. Whether it be your coworkers from within the office, to clients or employees across the country. You also have the ability to place normal phone calls, which can be handy in an office setting.

What do you dislike?

I've experienced a couple connectivity issues while using Skype. Although its not a major issue, and very well might just be an issue on our side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype has proven to be a useful and widely used means of communication throughout the world. Give Skype a try at home for free and if you like what you see integrate it into your business!

Communication, organization, and logistics have all improved as a result of implementing Skype in our business. With so many clients and employees working outside the office, this has definitely been a great tool for us.

Skype review by Francis M.
Mechical engineer
Maritime

"Skype is easy to use and to carry out videoconferencing."

What do you like best?

I like that Skype is a software that is easy to use. It does not have demands that you cannot be able to satisfy.

I like that if you ever want to install an app so easily consider Skype. It is software that does not occupy a lot of storage space.

Skype is a fast software. I can send and receive messages so instantly. This makes it very reliable for use in communication.

It supports videoconferencing. This is a feature that is unique to this software. I can therefore communicate to anyone at anytime at anyplace.

Skype to Skype video and audio calls are free. Therefore I can save time and cost that I would have incurred.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Skype requires a strong network. This therefore means that I cannot use it in a place with poor or slow network.

It is also expensive. I am required to make a subscription for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would advice those people who want to enjoy free calls either audio at video to get this app. It is also easy to use, fast and very reliable.

Videoconferencing.

Help save time and cost due to free Skype to Skype calls.

Saving on storage space due to less storage space.

Skype review by LIDIANA F.