Skyward Student Management Suite

3.7

Skyward offers school districts a complete solution for all their administrative software needs, beginning with an implementation that meets timelines and ensures staff are comfortable and knowledgeable, through running the expansive capabilities of the School Management System to produce state reports faster with more accuracy.

Work for Skyward Student Management Suite?

Learning about Skyward?

Skyward Student Management Suite Reviews

Ask Skyward a Question
Showing 110 Skyward reviews
Skyward review by Tim H.
Tim H.

"Skyward Student Management"

What do you like best?

Skyward is a very powerful tool that helps our districts perform with ease and efficiency. I love the fact that they are always on top of state-mandated changes (not an easy thing to do). The support staff are outstanding and amazing! And as a user I really like the look and feel of Skyward, but even more I love being able to customize the application to meet the needs of our districts.

What do you dislike?

Um... Maybe that not all the Help documentation has been updated yet? There are still a few documents that show images of the old PaC software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If buying a superior product is not enough incentive, the outstanding support should be enough to convince you. Skyward is an awesome product, and when I have questions the support staff are quick to help and always a pleasure to work with.

The biggest benefit is being able to run multiple school districts efficiently, getting the maximum funding because we are able to accurately report to the state and federal government agencies.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Skyward Student Management Suite
Skyward review by Lucinda F.
Lucinda F.

"Skyward Student Management System"

What do you like best?

Everything! Ease of state reports. I can customize security to fit each user. I am able to create my own student reports to pull exactly what I need. Customer support is usually quick to get back with you.

What do you dislike?

More than one way to do something, it confuses some of the staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For anyone considering a new SIS I would whole hardheartedly recommend looking into Skyward. Our district researched multiple SIS's, Skyward provided everything our teachers and administrators were requesting and more. Not only were they within our budget but Skyward was also able to extract our data from our old SIS making the conversion as easy as possible for us.

Our old system was not user friendly, would constantly go down when they had an update (in the middle of the day, with no warning) and no communication. Skyward is very user friendly, we are able to do our own updates whenever we want and communication between skyward and customer is excellent! Their customer support is great!

What K-12 Student Information Systems solution do you use?

Skyward review by Scott H.
Scott H.

"Great product, and always innovating."

What do you like best?

The ability to extend the capabilities of the database beyond the already rich environment that exists for collecting student information.

What do you dislike?

The appearance of the product is starting to show its age. While many changes have been done to the functionality and data collection abilities, the user interface has changed little since SMS 2.0 launched. That is going to change soon as the company is rolling out an entirely re-written system that takes advantage of the latest web technology and is being build to allow for more significant changes as the product continues to evolve based on the customer needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't look back. If you fully understand what you want from the system, convey it to your sales rep and see what they can do.

The need for data to be reported to our stakeholders has grown tremendously over the past 10 years. It seems that since we started providing our stakeholders with the information they desire from us that they always want even more. Skyward allows us to be able to meet many of those requests easily or are willing to listed to our needs as a customer and see how we can achieve the desired outcome.

Skyward review by S H.
S H.

"This Student Information System is top notch! Skyward user for 12+ yrs"

What do you like best?

AWESOME customer service!!! I love the way that all information is connected and accessible. Custom forms make it possible to add any information you may need, and eliminate a TON of paper! You can filter reports to very specific items and have the ability to personalize the information that is pulled for reports.

I truly can't say enough positive comments about this product. I use it daily and can not imagine attempting to do my job without this amazing system.

What do you dislike?

The only major thing I dislike is that I have a ridiculously difficult time getting my staff to utilize this program more! This is due in no part whatsoever to Skyward. This is simply that I do not have the time allowed in my position to do training to other staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer support is exceptional. The biggest complaint I hear when discussing other SIS is poor customer service. Skyward gets an A+ in this category!

This system has the capability to do so many things, from custom report cards to parent access and everything in between. Love the mobile app, too! Skyward is always moving forward and is very innovative with technology. This system is very easily customized to serve your needs.

Parents can easily contact staff, access schedules, assignments and much more from the comfort of their home, office or via their mobile phone. They can print report cards and check missing assignments.

Skyward is extremely important in facilitating communication between families and the school. It allows parents to access so many things at the tip of their fingers, without having to contact the school and possibly wait for answers. WIth Skyward, we are moving towards going paperless. I'm continually amazed at the things that this system can do and always look forward to seeing their updates and attending or viewing training. .

Skyward review by Trish M.
Trish M.

"Skyward is quick and easy!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to navigate when entering in my grades. There are various categories within each subject area. You also have the option to give assignments different weight values, it's all done for you! I also like the option to have charts instantly generated for grade distribution for each subject and marking period. I like how each category is a different color, which makes it easy to quickly glance to see how balanced the grades are. I also like how parents/guardians are able to log in themselves to see their child's grades.

What do you dislike?

I used to be able to use the "Quick Grading" feature, which was amazing! However, it hasn't worked for this school year. I wish there were different shades of each color within each grading category, to differentiate between English/Language Arts since this subject has so many different categories and subcategories. It is not as easy to visually see the graded distribution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skyward Student Management Site is easy to use and navigate. If you're looking for an online grade book, as well as: attendance, academic history, and medical information, for your teachers to have access to and use, this is definitely worth considering!

I like how student skyward and business skyward have a similar layout, which makes both very easy to navigate. The business side handles all of the payroll histories, the balance of time off available, and requesting time off.

"Long-Time Satisfied User"

What do you like best?

I like that Skyward is versatile. The software can be used for anything and everything a user could imagine. A user can always learn new tips and tricks no matter if they are new or advanced.

What do you dislike?

I have used the Skyward software for years, and I have not found one thing that I did not like about it! I do hope that potential customers take the time to really compare apples-to-apples when purchasing/switching their SIS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be sorry if you choose Skyward. Skyward Student Management Suite is all-encompassing. It is so flexible that you can use the software in a manner that you probably think is not possible. Stop doing things by hand, and collecting mounds of paper! There is a better way, and that way is SKYWARD! There is no perfect software out there, but Skyward is as close as you can come!

Skyward Student Management helps us be more efficient. We can take tasks that took hours and days in the past, and we are accomplishing them in a matter of minutes. This frees up the users to focus on other important and necessary tasks. Skyward can import/export data in so many different ways, that there is virtually no third-party vendor we cannot use. The data is at our fingertips. With budget cuts at all districts, Skyward has helped in the multiple-hat department for sure. Our users who have many daily jobs to accomplish appreciate the fact that Skyward can help them perform more efficiently. We are able to track data that we had not been able to track in the past. That data helps us make more-informed decisions thus helping us save time and money. Going paperless with Skyward; what a huge impact this has had for our district. We have the information we need immediately, and no filing! All of the information is stored right in Skyward. I can go on and on about the benefits. I really hope that when users are trying to make a decision on what SIS to purchase that they consider Skyward. Make sure to compare apples-to-apples. You do GET what you PAY for!

Skyward review by Brad O.
Brad O.

"Lots of Room for Improvement"

What do you like best?

I like that the attendance and the grade book is all under one program. I like that I can see alot of information about each student. I also like that my human resources file is there, so I can see what my salary and time off status are.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things that are too rigid and that there is no way to alter them to fit a person's needs. The gradebook is hard to organize because it is a mix of standards and percentages. There are too many options for viewing and entering grades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good if you want a simple program for attendance and grades.

We use it to take attendance and give the students grades. It is nice having them both under one program.

Skyward review by David S.
David S.

"6+ years and still loving Skyward"

What do you like best?

Skyward support is the best I've ever encountered in a software product. From quick, live chats, to longer support service tickets, they have gone above and beyond with quality of service and quick resolutions to my questions and issues.

What do you dislike?

Skyward is a bit complicated - but with their excellent support, I'm confident with the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth looking. I can't say enough about their support - it's excellent.

Skyward is an all-in-one solution for us. Instead of trying to link disparate services, we have all the main pieces in Skyward. We do link other services with Skyward and have had a great experience doing so. It just works!

Skyward review by Twila C.
Twila C.

"Skyward for student record management"

What do you like best?

Skyward is super easy to learn and navigate. It is a very straight-forward student record keeping system. I use it as a teacher, so I do not get the full benefit of all it can do. I know that administrators, diagnosticians, support staff, and lead teachers enjoy many more features than I do as a classroom teacher. This is one of the benefits of Skyward. It can be tailored to the institution, and administrators can lock and unlock features depending on personnel using the system. As a teacher, I take attendance, record grades, enter discipline issues, and can see student profiles for contact information. Though there are a few things I wish were more customizable about the gradebook, it serves its intended puprose. I can enter assignments, show due dates, make comments, and enter grades.

What do you dislike?

There are some features of the gradebook that are not customizable and a little frustrating. I would like to be able to move assignments around and group in ways other than date and major/minor categories. I do not like that I can not combine classes that meet the same period but have different course codes. I do not like that I am unable to group students by sub-population within a class.

Skyward has a plethora of features. Our district uses it for student and employee records management. It is an all-in-one package management system that allows for ease of use for both sides of the equation--those entering the data and those accessing the data.

User in Education Management

"Our charter school district's experience with Skyward"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that all the different functions that are available and can be added to the Skyward system. Our district went from having multiple systems for daily tasks (credit card reconciliation, time off requests, purchase requisitions, etc) to having Skyward as our "go-to" resource. This has been beneficial.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the user interface and the lack of user-friendliness. We are entering our 2nd year using Skyward and we still have several hurdles that hold back our productivity. First, the inability to edit submitted items -- if there are any changes, that the item must go through the purchase approval queue. Next, we had hundreds of paycheck issues as a result of the data migration from our previous system. For a district that has 3500 employees, this was a terrible first impression. Lastly, Skyward wants to charge our district for every little change. For example, they are are charging a significant fee to change the default signature on our printed checks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I know that many districts in our area have successfully used Skyward for years. However, as a brand new user, I found the entire user interface to be cumbersome and very difficult to navigate. Especially in a world with Apple, Google, and the like, the Skyward system looks like it was created in MS-DOS and hasn't changed in the last 20 years.

We have realized that Skyward is on the right track to improving our productivity. However, if the user interface does not improve then we will likely look for an alternative solution. They already have the "bones" in place for a great system but it's just not meeting our modern-day standards.

Skyward review by User

"Skyward Student Management "

What do you like best?

The best part about Skyward Student Management's system is the ability to toggle between employee access and teacher access. Employee access gives me direct access to things like my paychecks, time off, etc. The main page of the teacher access is also customizable, which I appreciate.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I dislike about Skyward is being logged out after a certain amount of time. I have saved my log in so that, once I eturn to the page I can click log in without issue but it would be nice if I could keep my attendance up all day.

I have access to student health information, grades, attendance, and contact information. This eliminates the wait time between finding all of the information I need from different sources. It is all available within the same program.

Skyward review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Could be better, could certainly be worse"

What do you like best?

It's fairy quick, reasonably easy to use. I don't really care for the layout, it's not especially intuitive or easy to find what you're looking for if you haven't had extensive training. I've been using it for quite a while now and there are still times when I can't find something I need easily.

What do you dislike?

The mobile site is atrocious. It's basically unusable.

I mentioned this before, but the layout isn't great even on the desktop sign. It's not intuitive and definitely isn't easily usable for someone who isn't especially computer savvy- which teachers sometimes aren't. I've done some training for our teachers and find that they're not able to easily adapt when coming from another software, but if it's their first student management software they tend to pick it up relatively easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If mobile use is important to you keep looking. If not, this is a solid option. Keep in mind that you may want to provide extensive training on its use since it's...well, not the easiest software to pick up.

I work for a school district. We track all student data using Skyward Student Management Suite. It does make it easier to have it all centralized on a responsive and easy to navigate site.

Skyward review by Jan F.
Jan F.

"Excellent Customer Service and State Reporting"

What do you like best?

I am so impressed with the way Skyward approaches state reporting. It is not unusual for the state to make last minute changes that has everyone hustling to make things work. But Skyward is always right on top of things. I have never had to delay submitting a state report to wait on Skyward. That is just one of the many things that I am happy about with the Skyward Student Management Suite

What do you dislike?

I am completely satisfied with this product

Data quality has greatly improved using Skyward.

User in Education Management

"Not a Very User Friendly Tool"

What do you like best?

Once you figure out how to enter in the information, this software speeds up the process of requesting time off and getting expense reimbursement. When you make a request in the system, an email is fired off to your supervisor and they can immediately approve or deny your request. It is much quicker than phone calls, emails, or paper submissions.

What do you dislike?

The system is not user friendly. There are multiple tabs, pop up windows, and technical language that make it difficult to navigate around. Several more seasoned employees in my department who were not very tech savvy had extreme difficulties figuring out how to use it. It’s not a program that is conducive to having users figure it out on their own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to offer a lot of training in order to help staff use this software. Once trained though, this software increases communication and efficiency.

This software speeds up the process of requesting time off, being reimbursed for expenses, and increasing communication between employees and supervisors.

Skyward review by Natalie C.
Natalie C.

"Teacher's Review of Skyward"

What do you like best?

Skyward is easy to use and to quickly become a master user is simple. Having the ability to see other family in schools. Being able to customize the profile is really nice and it is actually an appealing interface.

What do you dislike?

Having to switch between different modes to see different information is somewhat annoying but it doesn't affect my opinion that much of the software. The text boxes are small and will not automatically expand when you are typing. Also there are often times when the information isn't concise and you can't see it all without expanding multiple bullet points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe compiling and joining some information that is repetitive and simplifying the information instead of having to switch between different modes. Also adjusting the text boxes and incorporating a spell check would be helpful. Also making a better mobile app would better suit the teacher on the move. Maybe if we were able to incorporate a feature that would allow the teacher or principal to email the parents immediately when there is a referral in the profile for said student instead of waiting for the parent to login and see the information.

I work in a school environment so there aren't many business problems that is is solving other than managing student profiles and allowing ease of access to teachers.

Skyward review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"What about blended and online programs within a traditional district?"

What do you like best?

I find it pretty easy to use and navigate. I like most features that it currently offers.

What do you dislike?

Lacks the customization needed for online

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be awesome to offer districts a "satellite" Skyward SIS, dedicated to managing the unique challenges online programs and campuses currently face (full-time or supplemental). This could be something that other fully online schools could use, and districts who already use Skyward's current functionality for their general campuses could utilize this dedicated SIS for their own online school/campus/program, such as ours. Something that could be used independently of the larger SIS pushed out district wide, yet still reports along with the main SIS for state reporting. Something I mentioned to the people at SKyward more than 4 years ago, but have not heard anything since.

Our teams have partnered to find unique ways to use some of the current features that the whole district doe not currently use. By bending the current features that were intended for other uses within a traditional district or campus, we have "forced" it to work for our online and blended instruction offerings. Sometimes it feels like the Frankenstein affect, however, our district own Skyward department has helped our district's online academy tremendously improve processes to safely house student information in the SIS, as it should be. It makes things doable, but something intentionally built within the program would be ideal and is overdue. We do not need Skyward to be an LMS, we need it to be updated to conform to the student choice provided by districts across the nation as we continue to personalize learning for students.

Skyward review by User in Food Production
User in Food Production

"Reach for the Stars with Skyward"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use and management options. The reports are easy to use and generate and the student management is out of this world. I love that this program can make it so easy for parents, educators, food service, and technology to use.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to get used to making the reports that I needed for the first couple of weeks, but tech support was out of this world and now it is no trouble at all!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probably the easiest software we have used in my 12 years of school food service! Love this product!!

Problems solved include better parent management and ease of use, and the benefits to this include less student debt in our food service department, more transparency, and ease of use for all involved.

Skyward review by Elizabeth G.
Elizabeth G.

"Hard to Get to Know"

What do you like best?

I really like all of the information that teachers have access to on each of their students.

What do you dislike?

It took me a while to understand how to use it well. It's not especially user friendly.

I have really enjoyed the access to the academic history of each student. It helps in situation where a student isn't performing as well as I think they could be. I will go an check their progress from other classes and how their grades were before and it has helped me to find out if there is a situation going on at home, in their life that inhibits their best work.

Skyward review by Cortnee P.
Cortnee P.

"Skyward"

What do you like best?

There are various categories within each subject area. You also have the option to give assignments different weight values, which makes calculation a breeze. Ialso like the option to have charts instantly generated With ease. Ilike how each category is a different color, which makes it easy to quickly glance to see how balanced the grades are. I also like how parents/guardians are able to log in themselves to see their child's grades and missing work.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to edit grades that have already been submitted. The user interface can be challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would shop around before committing to this system. Although it is functional and can be a great tool, I don’t believe it’s the best one out there

Accessing the academic history of each student and noticing trends has proved helpful to guide instruction.

Skyward review by Jessica T.
Jessica T.

"Skyward: Student Management Suite at the Click of a button"

What do you like best?

I like that you can quickly access children that you need by their first and or last name

What do you dislike?

I feel like sometimes with reports that have to be printed, there is probably a quicker way to get to where we need to go and if there isn't than we should make it easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really is a simple and quick management program. I think there are a few things that could be simplified but for the most part it's easy to use.

You have access to any student in your Skyward system which is helpful for schools for a multitude reasons.

Skyward review by Thelma W.
Thelma W.

"Skyward Student Management Suite is a Great Product!!"

What do you like best?

We chose to convert to Skyward four years ago and our expectations have been exceeded! The easy and intuitive features have made it easy for user to learn and improve on their daily tasks.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that we as a School District dislike about Skyward!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let Skyward show you specific needs in action. Put them to the test and give them specific scenarios of needs.

We have improved our communication with staff and parents of our students tremendously.

Skyward review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Built for schools and continues to grow "

What do you like best?

Skyward stands out frommmany other sis as a whole. The company is solely k12 focused no investment companies or selling an aid along with other softwares . Based on schools built for schools . For years the product grows from great customer feedback and constant innovation

What do you dislike?

Not much to be honest . There is no prefect product . Every product has something that might not be prefect . You always have to balance what’s right for your organization and weigh the benefits

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attend a skyward user group meeting hear from the users .. it’s the real deal

Streamline reporting , seamless parent and student access to key information . Skyward has built integrations into other industry leading products making data transfer easy and accurate

"Skyward MSDWT"

What do you like best?

Hard to say, I am not a big fan. But it could be that the things that would be most beneficial were not part of the package that our district negotiated.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how clunky it is. It is very difficult to move between frames and it is not visually appealing (and does not use visually stimulating colors, etc. to make navigation easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that they need to comparision shop school support systems and involve those who will be using it daily. What IT thinks is a "great" fit might actually not work well for the teachers who use it daily (and don't have IT backgrounds).

We are able to put things together but for education being able to put unit and lesson plans into usable forms with in skyward might help. Also, straight grade links to other LMSs would be great (like to Canvas).

Skyward review by Aatika C.
Aatika C.

"User friendly, detailed and thorough "

What do you like best?

So much information is available with just clicking on a one profile link, as numerous tabs are present. Also very easy to create new profiles and link families.

What do you dislike?

If internet is not at optimal speed, it’s very slow and won’t connect

Creating one uniform database, accessible to all staff and administration, eliminating the usual reports and lists we once all had and used in excel

Skyward review by Lynne E.
Lynne E.

"Always discovering new ways to utilize the Skyward Student Information System."

What do you like best?

Easy to link students and families across the district. Data Mining and Reporting features have steadily increases in ease of use.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to test an update unless you have a separate server with a "training" database and sometimes there are unforeseen consequences when loading an update.

We have had better reporting of students' attendance and coding of special programs.

Skyward review by Liz S.
Liz S.

"Skyward Review"

What do you like best?

It is easy to see the data (grades) after inputted. It is also helpful that different types of grades are color coded so teachers can easily organize them.

What do you dislike?

Interface at times can be hard to work with. When inputting lunch and breakfast, I have to press a tiny box at every single student's name. It would be easier if I could just select or un-select all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look through all of the possibilities SKyward has to offer. Train and familiarize staff with all parts of Skyward.

Organizing and recording data for students and teachers at a K-8 school.

Skyward review by User in Higher Education

"I have had positive and negative experiences when using Skyward"

What do you like best?

I like that the formatting stays the same for every student when working on an IEP. I like that you can see everything for a student and can navigate easily using the sidebar selections.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are times when I hit save on an IEP and go back in to find that my information has been deleted.

It has made organization, formatting, meetings, communication, etc so much easier. Everyone that works with a student has access to their contact info,gradeboon and IEP all in one place. It also makes referencing information simple when looking up students. When writing paperwork the process is a lot smoother and the formatting is the same on every document.

Skyward review by Keegan L.
Keegan L.

"Not as flexible as it could be"

What do you like best?

I like that I have access to student schedules, classroom locations, teacher names and extracurricular activities. I like that I can access contact info for home and work as well as emergency contacts.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't search by anything but a student's last name which does not allow for any flexibility or if you do not have a correct spelling

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would just recommend that companies do thorough research as to which features they would actually use and the level of completion and reports that you were able to obtain

Student schedules, student attendance and contact information. If a student can be found in the system I have full access to schedules,teachers classrooms and contact info

Skyward review by User

"Skyward Student Management Review"

What do you like best?

The SMS is a one stop shop for all student processes. You can access all information for every student in your district within one system. Whether it be grades, food service, nursing info, discipline, fees owed, or other student related information, parents, staff, admin can access this in one location.

What do you dislike?

I have worked with the Skyward SMS for 7 years now and haven't found anything that I dislike about the software.

Efficiency for office/administrative staff, reduction of paperwork, quicker access to information, are just a few of the challenges the district has faced in the past that Skyward helps to solve.

Skyward review by John C.
John C.

"Does a lot but does it help"

What do you like best?

Its relatively easy to use but.some of the features are extremely clunky and non intuitive. It lends itself to notnising.many of thenfestures because they a bit burdensome.

What do you dislike?

Adding assignments and grades are pretty simple but the communication portion is outdated. They need to build in a way to send a txt when you want to communicate with parents and students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add more communication options besides email.

It helps track out students progress.

Skyward review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Illinois School District"

What do you like best?

The system is rather easy to use and maintain. The user experience is clean and although there are a lot of pieces to the system, our staff can focus in on what they use the most.

What do you dislike?

The Progress database is secure, fast and functional. However, we always have to take that into consideration when integrating with other systems. Also, the integration into Active Directory is minimal and we still enter staff in both places. We would rather tie to a single directory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review costs for all modules at once, as each has its own annual renewal. Look into the hosted solution. If hosting internal, consider a VM environment.

Skyward provides a secure and reliable student management system, discipline records and we manage our Food Service environment as well.

Skyward review by Pam J.
Pam J.

"Skyward Student Management Suite"

What do you like best?

Able to customize data extraction in a variety of ways. Exporting data for import into other systems works well. Aligns with state reporting requirements. Ability to store and track a wide variety of data.

What do you dislike?

End users sometimes find it hard to set up report templates. The ability to store and track a lot of data means a lot of data input - can be time consuming.

We are in our third year of using Skyward and I feel our data is becoming more accurate and we are able to pull more data out of the system.

Skyward review by Genevieve O.
Genevieve O.

"Skyward Review"

What do you like best?

Fairly user friendly, lots of options for tracking and finding student information.

What do you dislike?

Hard to learn "tricks" like different views of gradebook. There are also different levels of access, so depending on the level you have, you may not be able to see much information about a student, such as grades in other classes or discipline record.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depends on your school's needs. We are moving to standards based grading and Skyward did not manage requests for this format well. If you're sticking with traditional grading, then it works just fine.

Our school uses Skyward to keep track of grades, discipline, attendance, and record keeping.

Skyward review by Tanya S.
Tanya S.

"Average SIS"

What do you like best?

It can do multiple functions for a district all in one place.

What do you dislike?

It takes too many clicks to do something with multiple repetitive screens. It takes far too long to do something. The software is not intuitive and it is obvious someone outside of the school industry designed it.

It is a one and done software that all aspects of the district can use.

Skyward review by Administrator

"Skyward Student Database SIS New User"

What do you like best?

Easy of data mining to keep data clean. There are so many ways to use this software for multiple department, it is worth the efforts and training so everyone feels comfortable using it.

What do you dislike?

Limitations are put on us by our tech dept. and we have to ask for necessary access as we find our areas of need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of combining accounting, student data, and personnel data and use all in one program.

Accuracy of student State Reporting. We have very clean and accurate data now since we can find miss matching information by exporting data into excel.

"Skyward Review"

What do you like best?

Skyward has a lot of fields to input a lot of different types of information. There is no shortage of data fields.

What do you dislike?

I have 2 major dislikes - it is not user friendly, and it is very outdated. Each time I select a new field, it opens a new window. When checking grades, I could have 30 windows open - not necessary!

I'm not sure I have realized any benefits. I have used Skyward on both the teacher side and administrator side, and I think both are clunky and hard to maneuver.

Skyward review by Jen B.
Jen B.

"An organized system"

What do you like best?

Skyward makes it easy to organize grades by standards and include necessary comments.

What do you dislike?

Many of us moving to standards-based grading could benefit from additional options when recording grades.

I'm able to go back into Skyward to help parents see exactly which standards were areas of strength or weakness.

Skyward review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Skyward Review"

What do you like best?

I really like the system that this uses and how gradebook and the attendance are put together, which makes them easier to use. Saving the login makes accessing this quick and easy and I haven't had any technology errors from it yet! I really like how you can add commentary to the grades if they are missing or late, etc. This has really helped me stay organized.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes navigating between the financial aspects of this site and some of the other features needed from the site (ie. accessing gradebook and daily attendance) can be tricky. This may just be how my district has chosen to link and set up skyward access to teachers. Inputting information does take some time to view all classes. I wish you could name your classes so I wouldn't have to keep clicking in between them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that there is sensitive information like health records and what students are at risk, etc. so if you have automatic login be careful with who may have access to that. Also, use the comments for assignments to help you stay organized and input everything on your student to have a complete and comprehensive record that easy to access. When inputting an assignment add to any and all relevant classes to save yourself some time later and make sure under details you put the assignment name.

Grading, attendance, student information, etc. I've noticed this system is so easy to change and edit, eliminating the need for paper attendance or for keeping a manual gradebook. SO nice!

Skyward review by Isha G.
Isha G.

" Amazing software"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that teachers and parents can view the grades anytime.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes after inputting data,they are not visible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very simple and user friendly too. I have used it since 2011.

I put students' grades and print their progress reports.

Skyward review by Sheila S.
Sheila S.

"A pretty great and easy to use program for teachers. "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to enter my student's grades when using Gradebook. It is fast

and efficient. The categories are easy to find and quite varied. I also like how easily accessible

it is for parents to check up on their child's work or missing assignments. Overall, it makes keeping

track of your class work much easier than in the past. I'm much more organized over all as a teacher

because of Skyward. It's also a lot faster to print off report cards.

What do you dislike?

I wish the categories concerning the printing of reports were more

easily understood. Even after using this program for many years, I still

very often print off the wrong reports. I wish the titles were more easily

understood by just reading them, than having to redo the reports until

I find the correct one. Maybe, even if there was a picture that you could

click on to check first to see what each report looks like before you go to download

it. This would save so much time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you consistently enter your student's grades throughout the grading period.

It is so easy to use, and there is no need to wait until right before report card time. This also helps

parents to stay up on missing work from their child.

This program makes it much easier to enter grades and print off reports to send

to parents. It's also nice having parents able to access their child's grades or missing

assignments from home.

"Skyward for Teachers"

What do you like best?

Skyward is easy to use, manipulate, and has multiple useful functions. It is easy to semd messages to whole groups or select groups of students.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I have is the the semester exam grade will not transfer from Canvas inyo the "SE1" category.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works well for our school district.

Skyward gives access to every teacher, admin, student, and parent. There is a gokd flow of information and Skyward eliminates the need for parents to call or email teachers about grades.

Skyward review by Administrator

"Skyward Student Management rocks!"

What do you like best?

Everything, great customer support, progressive software, flexibility.

What do you dislike?

Software changes that districts request are slow to happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skyward offers many different modules. You can choose what modules to use and make the software work to suit the needs of your district.

The ease of handling the state reporting and meeting the state reporting requirements. The ability to have all the schools on the same page .

Skyward review by Jacqueline B.
Jacqueline B.

"Skyward Review"

What do you like best?

I really like that it allows us to pick different categories for out percentages. And then does all the calculations for us. Saves a ton of time. I like that we can blast emails to all of our students/parents in one click. It allows for great communication with our families.

What do you dislike?

I dislike things that our district is in charge of. Skyward has a ton of capabilities that districts can choose to use or not use. And between years this can change which screws us as the teacher. I do not like that we can not speak to a skyward representative directly, we need to go thru someone in our tech department who will then speak with them.

I put my grades and assignments in the system.

The students know their grades and can track them

They can also do assignments directly from the site.

User in Education Management

"Acceptable Option for Student Data Management"

What do you like best?

Skyward is a nice option for student data, and it is capable of holding so much information - assessment data, intervention plans, health data, family data, homework, grades, bus info, etc. It saves time to have one place to go for all of that information.

What do you dislike?

It has a lot of capabilities, but not all options are activated in our particular set up. That's frustrating when we know it can do more, but are currently limited. It is also hard for us to add data, depending on the permissions we have been given, which is also frustrating.

We use Skyward in a public school district, as a replacement for several different applications. It is helpful to have one place to get all of the information.

Skyward review by Internal Consultant in Education Management
Internal Consultant in Education Management

"Skyward is a great tool for schools. "

What do you like best?

I like the many functions for reports. You can run a report on many different topics, but it may be difficult to figure it out at first.

What do you dislike?

Some aspects are not user friendly. I don’t like the printing queu

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some functions are not user friendly.

We use skyward for attendance and grades. Last year we gave number grades and were able to print a progress report. This year we have standards based reporting so the progress report isn’t as beneficial.

Skyward review by Lindsay K. R.
Lindsay K. R.

"Excellent Student Management Suite Program"

What do you like best?

Skyward provides a thorough and expansive management student for schools and educators to sort, manage and track the progress of students in their educational system.

What do you dislike?

The system, while advanced and expansive, does take some time training on in order to access all features of the program.

We have to provide training to every educator and support staff member, however, the benefits are absolutely worth it. The system provides a reliable and accurate management system for all of the students at our educational institution.

Skyward review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"Skyward Student Management"

What do you like best?

Skyward Student Management Suite is very easy to use. I taught with teachers who had very little experience with technology to those who are experts. There wasn't a single teacher in my building that struggled with Skyward.

What do you dislike?

I did not like that once I set up groups of students, I couldn't change them later. This made it very difficult to group and grade students by their ability level.

Skyward Student Management Suite allowed parents to contact me directly through the site and ask questions about specific assignments.

"Not sure friendly"

What do you like best?

Allows mass email to all emails on file and can attach a report card to them.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to navigate. The tabs are not always the best fit for what you're trying to find so you waste time when trying to do things like print a class roster or run a certain type of report.

Parent communication in less time. I am able to fill in blank grades with all zeros or all hundreds.

"Horrible System"

What do you like best?

The widget options to have shortcuts is alright.

What do you dislike?

No flexibility and is too expensive to provide additional services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a regular 7-8 period school day, then this might be better. However, if you're schedule is different or if you are going standards-based grading, then expect to pay more for what you need.

Right now, I do not see benefits from using this product vs another.

"Love Skyward"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to do many things with one SIS - everything is connected to the student and all records are kept together.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike most about skyward would be that it could be more user friendly. When new employees start it's not as easy for them to jump in and get going.

All information is recorded and kept on file. With a click of a button we can access all information on a student.

Learning about Skyward Student Management Suite?

* We monitor all Skyward Student Management Suite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.