Skyward Student Management Suite

3.7

Skyward offers school districts a complete solution for all their administrative software needs, beginning with an implementation that meets timelines and ensures staff are comfortable and knowledgeable, through running the expansive capabilities of the School Management System to produce state reports faster with more accuracy.

Work for Skyward Student Management Suite?

Learning about Skyward?

Skyward Student Management Suite Reviews

Showing 108 Skyward reviews
Skyward review by Tim H.
Tim H.

"Skyward Student Management"

What do you like best?

Skyward is a very powerful tool that helps our districts perform with ease and efficiency. I love the fact that they are always on top of state-mandated changes (not an easy thing to do). The support staff are outstanding and amazing! And as a user I really like the look and feel of Skyward, but even more I love being able to customize the application to meet the needs of our districts.

What do you dislike?

Um... Maybe that not all the Help documentation has been updated yet? There are still a few documents that show images of the old PaC software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If buying a superior product is not enough incentive, the outstanding support should be enough to convince you. Skyward is an awesome product, and when I have questions the support staff are quick to help and always a pleasure to work with.

The biggest benefit is being able to run multiple school districts efficiently, getting the maximum funding because we are able to accurately report to the state and federal government agencies.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Skyward Student Management Suite
Skyward review by Lucinda F.
Lucinda F.

"Skyward Student Management System"

What do you like best?

Everything! Ease of state reports. I can customize security to fit each user. I am able to create my own student reports to pull exactly what I need. Customer support is usually quick to get back with you.

What do you dislike?

More than one way to do something, it confuses some of the staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For anyone considering a new SIS I would whole hardheartedly recommend looking into Skyward. Our district researched multiple SIS's, Skyward provided everything our teachers and administrators were requesting and more. Not only were they within our budget but Skyward was also able to extract our data from our old SIS making the conversion as easy as possible for us.

Our old system was not user friendly, would constantly go down when they had an update (in the middle of the day, with no warning) and no communication. Skyward is very user friendly, we are able to do our own updates whenever we want and communication between skyward and customer is excellent! Their customer support is great!

What K-12 Student Information Systems solution do you use?

Skyward review by Scott H.
Scott H.

"Great product, and always innovating."

What do you like best?

The ability to extend the capabilities of the database beyond the already rich environment that exists for collecting student information.

What do you dislike?

The appearance of the product is starting to show its age. While many changes have been done to the functionality and data collection abilities, the user interface has changed little since SMS 2.0 launched. That is going to change soon as the company is rolling out an entirely re-written system that takes advantage of the latest web technology and is being build to allow for more significant changes as the product continues to evolve based on the customer needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't look back. If you fully understand what you want from the system, convey it to your sales rep and see what they can do.

The need for data to be reported to our stakeholders has grown tremendously over the past 10 years. It seems that since we started providing our stakeholders with the information they desire from us that they always want even more. Skyward allows us to be able to meet many of those requests easily or are willing to listed to our needs as a customer and see how we can achieve the desired outcome.

Skyward review by S H.
S H.

"This Student Information System is top notch! Skyward user for 12+ yrs"

What do you like best?

AWESOME customer service!!! I love the way that all information is connected and accessible. Custom forms make it possible to add any information you may need, and eliminate a TON of paper! You can filter reports to very specific items and have the ability to personalize the information that is pulled for reports.

I truly can't say enough positive comments about this product. I use it daily and can not imagine attempting to do my job without this amazing system.

What do you dislike?

The only major thing I dislike is that I have a ridiculously difficult time getting my staff to utilize this program more! This is due in no part whatsoever to Skyward. This is simply that I do not have the time allowed in my position to do training to other staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer support is exceptional. The biggest complaint I hear when discussing other SIS is poor customer service. Skyward gets an A+ in this category!

This system has the capability to do so many things, from custom report cards to parent access and everything in between. Love the mobile app, too! Skyward is always moving forward and is very innovative with technology. This system is very easily customized to serve your needs.

Parents can easily contact staff, access schedules, assignments and much more from the comfort of their home, office or via their mobile phone. They can print report cards and check missing assignments.

Skyward is extremely important in facilitating communication between families and the school. It allows parents to access so many things at the tip of their fingers, without having to contact the school and possibly wait for answers. WIth Skyward, we are moving towards going paperless. I'm continually amazed at the things that this system can do and always look forward to seeing their updates and attending or viewing training. .

Skyward review by Trish M.
Trish M.

"Skyward is quick and easy!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to navigate when entering in my grades. There are various categories within each subject area. You also have the option to give assignments different weight values, it's all done for you! I also like the option to have charts instantly generated for grade distribution for each subject and marking period. I like how each category is a different color, which makes it easy to quickly glance to see how balanced the grades are. I also like how parents/guardians are able to log in themselves to see their child's grades.

What do you dislike?

I used to be able to use the "Quick Grading" feature, which was amazing! However, it hasn't worked for this school year. I wish there were different shades of each color within each grading category, to differentiate between English/Language Arts since this subject has so many different categories and subcategories. It is not as easy to visually see the graded distribution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skyward Student Management Site is easy to use and navigate. If you're looking for an online grade book, as well as: attendance, academic history, and medical information, for your teachers to have access to and use, this is definitely worth considering!

I like how student skyward and business skyward have a similar layout, which makes both very easy to navigate. The business side handles all of the payroll histories, the balance of time off available, and requesting time off.

"Long-Time Satisfied User"

What do you like best?

I like that Skyward is versatile. The software can be used for anything and everything a user could imagine. A user can always learn new tips and tricks no matter if they are new or advanced.

What do you dislike?

I have used the Skyward software for years, and I have not found one thing that I did not like about it! I do hope that potential customers take the time to really compare apples-to-apples when purchasing/switching their SIS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be sorry if you choose Skyward. Skyward Student Management Suite is all-encompassing. It is so flexible that you can use the software in a manner that you probably think is not possible. Stop doing things by hand, and collecting mounds of paper! There is a better way, and that way is SKYWARD! There is no perfect software out there, but Skyward is as close as you can come!

Skyward Student Management helps us be more efficient. We can take tasks that took hours and days in the past, and we are accomplishing them in a matter of minutes. This frees up the users to focus on other important and necessary tasks. Skyward can import/export data in so many different ways, that there is virtually no third-party vendor we cannot use. The data is at our fingertips. With budget cuts at all districts, Skyward has helped in the multiple-hat department for sure. Our users who have many daily jobs to accomplish appreciate the fact that Skyward can help them perform more efficiently. We are able to track data that we had not been able to track in the past. That data helps us make more-informed decisions thus helping us save time and money. Going paperless with Skyward; what a huge impact this has had for our district. We have the information we need immediately, and no filing! All of the information is stored right in Skyward. I can go on and on about the benefits. I really hope that when users are trying to make a decision on what SIS to purchase that they consider Skyward. Make sure to compare apples-to-apples. You do GET what you PAY for!

Skyward review by Brad O.
Brad O.

"Lots of Room for Improvement"

What do you like best?

I like that the attendance and the grade book is all under one program. I like that I can see alot of information about each student. I also like that my human resources file is there, so I can see what my salary and time off status are.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things that are too rigid and that there is no way to alter them to fit a person's needs. The gradebook is hard to organize because it is a mix of standards and percentages. There are too many options for viewing and entering grades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good if you want a simple program for attendance and grades.

We use it to take attendance and give the students grades. It is nice having them both under one program.

Skyward review by David S.
David S.

"6+ years and still loving Skyward"

What do you like best?

Skyward support is the best I've ever encountered in a software product. From quick, live chats, to longer support service tickets, they have gone above and beyond with quality of service and quick resolutions to my questions and issues.

What do you dislike?

Skyward is a bit complicated - but with their excellent support, I'm confident with the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth looking. I can't say enough about their support - it's excellent.

Skyward is an all-in-one solution for us. Instead of trying to link disparate services, we have all the main pieces in Skyward. We do link other services with Skyward and have had a great experience doing so. It just works!

Skyward review by Twila C.
Twila C.

"Skyward for student record management"

What do you like best?

Skyward is super easy to learn and navigate. It is a very straight-forward student record keeping system. I use it as a teacher, so I do not get the full benefit of all it can do. I know that administrators, diagnosticians, support staff, and lead teachers enjoy many more features than I do as a classroom teacher. This is one of the benefits of Skyward. It can be tailored to the institution, and administrators can lock and unlock features depending on personnel using the system. As a teacher, I take attendance, record grades, enter discipline issues, and can see student profiles for contact information. Though there are a few things I wish were more customizable about the gradebook, it serves its intended puprose. I can enter assignments, show due dates, make comments, and enter grades.

What do you dislike?

There are some features of the gradebook that are not customizable and a little frustrating. I would like to be able to move assignments around and group in ways other than date and major/minor categories. I do not like that I can not combine classes that meet the same period but have different course codes. I do not like that I am unable to group students by sub-population within a class.

Skyward has a plethora of features. Our district uses it for student and employee records management. It is an all-in-one package management system that allows for ease of use for both sides of the equation--those entering the data and those accessing the data.

User in Education Management

"Our charter school district's experience with Skyward"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that all the different functions that are available and can be added to the Skyward system. Our district went from having multiple systems for daily tasks (credit card reconciliation, time off requests, purchase requisitions, etc) to having Skyward as our "go-to" resource. This has been beneficial.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the user interface and the lack of user-friendliness. We are entering our 2nd year using Skyward and we still have several hurdles that hold back our productivity. First, the inability to edit submitted items -- if there are any changes, that the item must go through the purchase approval queue. Next, we had hundreds of paycheck issues as a result of the data migration from our previous system. For a district that has 3500 employees, this was a terrible first impression. Lastly, Skyward wants to charge our district for every little change. For example, they are are charging a significant fee to change the default signature on our printed checks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I know that many districts in our area have successfully used Skyward for years. However, as a brand new user, I found the entire user interface to be cumbersome and very difficult to navigate. Especially in a world with Apple, Google, and the like, the Skyward system looks like it was created in MS-DOS and hasn't changed in the last 20 years.

We have realized that Skyward is on the right track to improving our productivity. However, if the user interface does not improve then we will likely look for an alternative solution. They already have the "bones" in place for a great system but it's just not meeting our modern-day standards.

Skyward review by User

"Skyward Student Management "

What do you like best?

The best part about Skyward Student Management's system is the ability to toggle between employee access and teacher access. Employee access gives me direct access to things like my paychecks, time off, etc. The main page of the teacher access is also customizable, which I appreciate.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I dislike about Skyward is being logged out after a certain amount of time. I have saved my log in so that, once I eturn to the page I can click log in without issue but it would be nice if I could keep my attendance up all day.

I have access to student health information, grades, attendance, and contact information. This eliminates the wait time between finding all of the information I need from different sources. It is all available within the same program.

Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Could be better, could certainly be worse"

What do you like best?

It's fairy quick, reasonably easy to use. I don't really care for the layout, it's not especially intuitive or easy to find what you're looking for if you haven't had extensive training. I've been using it for quite a while now and there are still times when I can't find something I need easily.

What do you dislike?

The mobile site is atrocious. It's basically unusable.

I mentioned this before, but the layout isn't great even on the desktop sign. It's not intuitive and definitely isn't easily usable for someone who isn't especially computer savvy- which teachers sometimes aren't. I've done some training for our teachers and find that they're not able to easily adapt when coming from another software, but if it's their first student management software they tend to pick it up relatively easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If mobile use is important to you keep looking. If not, this is a solid option. Keep in mind that you may want to provide extensive training on its use since it's...well, not the easiest software to pick up.

I work for a school district. We track all student data using Skyward Student Management Suite. It does make it easier to have it all centralized on a responsive and easy to navigate site.

Skyward review by Jan F.
Jan F.

"Excellent Customer Service and State Reporting"

What do you like best?

I am so impressed with the way Skyward approaches state reporting. It is not unusual for the state to make last minute changes that has everyone hustling to make things work. But Skyward is always right on top of things. I have never had to delay submitting a state report to wait on Skyward. That is just one of the many things that I am happy about with the Skyward Student Management Suite

What do you dislike?

I am completely satisfied with this product

Data quality has greatly improved using Skyward.

User in Education Management

"Not a Very User Friendly Tool"

What do you like best?

Once you figure out how to enter in the information, this software speeds up the process of requesting time off and getting expense reimbursement. When you make a request in the system, an email is fired off to your supervisor and they can immediately approve or deny your request. It is much quicker than phone calls, emails, or paper submissions.

What do you dislike?

The system is not user friendly. There are multiple tabs, pop up windows, and technical language that make it difficult to navigate around. Several more seasoned employees in my department who were not very tech savvy had extreme difficulties figuring out how to use it. It’s not a program that is conducive to having users figure it out on their own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to offer a lot of training in order to help staff use this software. Once trained though, this software increases communication and efficiency.

This software speeds up the process of requesting time off, being reimbursed for expenses, and increasing communication between employees and supervisors.

Skyward review by Natalie C.
Natalie C.

"Teacher's Review of Skyward"

What do you like best?

Skyward is easy to use and to quickly become a master user is simple. Having the ability to see other family in schools. Being able to customize the profile is really nice and it is actually an appealing interface.

What do you dislike?

Having to switch between different modes to see different information is somewhat annoying but it doesn't affect my opinion that much of the software. The text boxes are small and will not automatically expand when you are typing. Also there are often times when the information isn't concise and you can't see it all without expanding multiple bullet points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe compiling and joining some information that is repetitive and simplifying the information instead of having to switch between different modes. Also adjusting the text boxes and incorporating a spell check would be helpful. Also making a better mobile app would better suit the teacher on the move. Maybe if we were able to incorporate a feature that would allow the teacher or principal to email the parents immediately when there is a referral in the profile for said student instead of waiting for the parent to login and see the information.

I work in a school environment so there aren't many business problems that is is solving other than managing student profiles and allowing ease of access to teachers.

Administrator in Education Management

"What about blended and online programs within a traditional district?"

What do you like best?

I find it pretty easy to use and navigate. I like most features that it currently offers.

What do you dislike?

Lacks the customization needed for online

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be awesome to offer districts a "satellite" Skyward SIS, dedicated to managing the unique challenges online programs and campuses currently face (full-time or supplemental). This could be something that other fully online schools could use, and districts who already use Skyward's current functionality for their general campuses could utilize this dedicated SIS for their own online school/campus/program, such as ours. Something that could be used independently of the larger SIS pushed out district wide, yet still reports along with the main SIS for state reporting. Something I mentioned to the people at SKyward more than 4 years ago, but have not heard anything since.

Our teams have partnered to find unique ways to use some of the current features that the whole district doe not currently use. By bending the current features that were intended for other uses within a traditional district or campus, we have "forced" it to work for our online and blended instruction offerings. Sometimes it feels like the Frankenstein affect, however, our district own Skyward department has helped our district's online academy tremendously improve processes to safely house student information in the SIS, as it should be. It makes things doable, but something intentionally built within the program would be ideal and is overdue. We do not need Skyward to be an LMS, we need it to be updated to conform to the student choice provided by districts across the nation as we continue to personalize learning for students.

Skyward review by User in Food Production
User in Food Production

"Reach for the Stars with Skyward"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use and management options. The reports are easy to use and generate and the student management is out of this world. I love that this program can make it so easy for parents, educators, food service, and technology to use.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to get used to making the reports that I needed for the first couple of weeks, but tech support was out of this world and now it is no trouble at all!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probably the easiest software we have used in my 12 years of school food service! Love this product!!

Problems solved include better parent management and ease of use, and the benefits to this include less student debt in our food service department, more transparency, and ease of use for all involved.

Skyward review by Elizabeth G.
Elizabeth G.

"Hard to Get to Know"

What do you like best?

I really like all of the information that teachers have access to on each of their students.

What do you dislike?

It took me a while to understand how to use it well. It's not especially user friendly.

I have really enjoyed the access to the academic history of each student. It helps in situation where a student isn't performing as well as I think they could be. I will go an check their progress from other classes and how their grades were before and it has helped me to find out if there is a situation going on at home, in their life that inhibits their best work.

Skyward review by Cortnee P.
Cortnee P.

"Skyward"

What do you like best?

There are various categories within each subject area. You also have the option to give assignments different weight values, which makes calculation a breeze. Ialso like the option to have charts instantly generated With ease. Ilike how each category is a different color, which makes it easy to quickly glance to see how balanced the grades are. I also like how parents/guardians are able to log in themselves to see their child's grades and missing work.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to edit grades that have already been submitted. The user interface can be challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would shop around before committing to this system. Although it is functional and can be a great tool, I don’t believe it’s the best one out there

Accessing the academic history of each student and noticing trends has proved helpful to guide instruction.

Skyward review by Jessica T.
Jessica T.

"Skyward: Student Management Suite at the Click of a button"

What do you like best?

I like that you can quickly access children that you need by their first and or last name

What do you dislike?

I feel like sometimes with reports that have to be printed, there is probably a quicker way to get to where we need to go and if there isn't than we should make it easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really is a simple and quick management program. I think there are a few things that could be simplified but for the most part it's easy to use.

You have access to any student in your Skyward system which is helpful for schools for a multitude reasons.

Skyward review by Thelma W.
Thelma W.

"Skyward Student Management Suite is a Great Product!!"

What do you like best?

We chose to convert to Skyward four years ago and our expectations have been exceeded! The easy and intuitive features have made it easy for user to learn and improve on their daily tasks.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that we as a School District dislike about Skyward!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let Skyward show you specific needs in action. Put them to the test and give them specific scenarios of needs.

We have improved our communication with staff and parents of our students tremendously.

Skyward review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Built for schools and continues to grow "

What do you like best?

Skyward stands out frommmany other sis as a whole. The company is solely k12 focused no investment companies or selling an aid along with other softwares . Based on schools built for schools . For years the product grows from great customer feedback and constant innovation

What do you dislike?

Not much to be honest . There is no prefect product . Every product has something that might not be prefect . You always have to balance what’s right for your organization and weigh the benefits

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attend a skyward user group meeting hear from the users .. it’s the real deal

Streamline reporting , seamless parent and student access to key information . Skyward has built integrations into other industry leading products making data transfer easy and accurate

"Skyward MSDWT"

What do you like best?

Hard to say, I am not a big fan. But it could be that the things that would be most beneficial were not part of the package that our district negotiated.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how clunky it is. It is very difficult to move between frames and it is not visually appealing (and does not use visually stimulating colors, etc. to make navigation easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that they need to comparision shop school support systems and involve those who will be using it daily. What IT thinks is a "great" fit might actually not work well for the teachers who use it daily (and don't have IT backgrounds).

We are able to put things together but for education being able to put unit and lesson plans into usable forms with in skyward might help. Also, straight grade links to other LMSs would be great (like to Canvas).

Skyward review by Aatika C.
Aatika C.

"User friendly, detailed and thorough "

What do you like best?

So much information is available with just clicking on a one profile link, as numerous tabs are present. Also very easy to create new profiles and link families.

What do you dislike?

If internet is not at optimal speed, it’s very slow and won’t connect

Creating one uniform database, accessible to all staff and administration, eliminating the usual reports and lists we once all had and used in excel

Skyward review by Lynne E.
Lynne E.

"Always discovering new ways to utilize the Skyward Student Information System."

What do you like best?

Easy to link students and families across the district. Data Mining and Reporting features have steadily increases in ease of use.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to test an update unless you have a separate server with a "training" database and sometimes there are unforeseen consequences when loading an update.

We have had better reporting of students' attendance and coding of special programs.

Skyward review by Liz S.
Liz S.

"Skyward Review"

What do you like best?

It is easy to see the data (grades) after inputted. It is also helpful that different types of grades are color coded so teachers can easily organize them.

What do you dislike?

Interface at times can be hard to work with. When inputting lunch and breakfast, I have to press a tiny box at every single student's name. It would be easier if I could just select or un-select all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look through all of the possibilities SKyward has to offer. Train and familiarize staff with all parts of Skyward.

Organizing and recording data for students and teachers at a K-8 school.

Skyward review by User in Higher Education

"I have had positive and negative experiences when using Skyward"

What do you like best?

I like that the formatting stays the same for every student when working on an IEP. I like that you can see everything for a student and can navigate easily using the sidebar selections.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are times when I hit save on an IEP and go back in to find that my information has been deleted.

It has made organization, formatting, meetings, communication, etc so much easier. Everyone that works with a student has access to their contact info,gradeboon and IEP all in one place. It also makes referencing information simple when looking up students. When writing paperwork the process is a lot smoother and the formatting is the same on every document.

Skyward review by Keegan L.
Keegan L.

"Not as flexible as it could be"

What do you like best?

I like that I have access to student schedules, classroom locations, teacher names and extracurricular activities. I like that I can access contact info for home and work as well as emergency contacts.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't search by anything but a student's last name which does not allow for any flexibility or if you do not have a correct spelling

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would just recommend that companies do thorough research as to which features they would actually use and the level of completion and reports that you were able to obtain

Student schedules, student attendance and contact information. If a student can be found in the system I have full access to schedules,teachers classrooms and contact info

Skyward review by User

"Skyward Student Management Review"

What do you like best?

The SMS is a one stop shop for all student processes. You can access all information for every student in your district within one system. Whether it be grades, food service, nursing info, discipline, fees owed, or other student related information, parents, staff, admin can access this in one location.

What do you dislike?

I have worked with the Skyward SMS for 7 years now and haven't found anything that I dislike about the software.

Efficiency for office/administrative staff, reduction of paperwork, quicker access to information, are just a few of the challenges the district has faced in the past that Skyward helps to solve.

Skyward review by John C.
John C.

"Does a lot but does it help"

What do you like best?

Its relatively easy to use but.some of the features are extremely clunky and non intuitive. It lends itself to notnising.many of thenfestures because they a bit burdensome.

What do you dislike?

Adding assignments and grades are pretty simple but the communication portion is outdated. They need to build in a way to send a txt when you want to communicate with parents and students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add more communication options besides email.

It helps track out students progress.

Skyward review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Illinois School District"

What do you like best?

The system is rather easy to use and maintain. The user experience is clean and although there are a lot of pieces to the system, our staff can focus in on what they use the most.

What do you dislike?

The Progress database is secure, fast and functional. However, we always have to take that into consideration when integrating with other systems. Also, the integration into Active Directory is minimal and we still enter staff in both places. We would rather tie to a single directory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review costs for all modules at once, as each has its own annual renewal. Look into the hosted solution. If hosting internal, consider a VM environment.

Skyward provides a secure and reliable student management system, discipline records and we manage our Food Service environment as well.

Skyward review by Pam J.
Pam J.

"Skyward Student Management Suite"

What do you like best?

Able to customize data extraction in a variety of ways. Exporting data for import into other systems works well. Aligns with state reporting requirements. Ability to store and track a wide variety of data.

What do you dislike?

End users sometimes find it hard to set up report templates. The ability to store and track a lot of data means a lot of data input - can be time consuming.

We are in our third year of using Skyward and I feel our data is becoming more accurate and we are able to pull more data out of the system.

Skyward review by Genevieve O.
Genevieve O.

"Skyward Review"

What do you like best?

Fairly user friendly, lots of options for tracking and finding student information.

What do you dislike?

Hard to learn "tricks" like different views of gradebook. There are also different levels of access, so depending on the level you have, you may not be able to see much information about a student, such as grades in other classes or discipline record.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depends on your school's needs. We are moving to standards based grading and Skyward did not manage requests for this format well. If you're sticking with traditional grading, then it works just fine.

Our school uses Skyward to keep track of grades, discipline, attendance, and record keeping.

Skyward review by Tanya S.
Tanya S.

"Average SIS"

What do you like best?

It can do multiple functions for a district all in one place.

What do you dislike?

It takes too many clicks to do something with multiple repetitive screens. It takes far too long to do something. The software is not intuitive and it is obvious someone outside of the school industry designed it.

It is a one and done software that all aspects of the district can use.

Skyward review by Administrator

"Skyward Student Database SIS New User"

What do you like best?

Easy of data mining to keep data clean. There are so many ways to use this software for multiple department, it is worth the efforts and training so everyone feels comfortable using it.

What do you dislike?

Limitations are put on us by our tech dept. and we have to ask for necessary access as we find our areas of need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of combining accounting, student data, and personnel data and use all in one program.

Accuracy of student State Reporting. We have very clean and accurate data now since we can find miss matching information by exporting data into excel.

"Skyward Review"

What do you like best?

Skyward has a lot of fields to input a lot of different types of information. There is no shortage of data fields.

What do you dislike?

I have 2 major dislikes - it is not user friendly, and it is very outdated. Each time I select a new field, it opens a new window. When checking grades, I could have 30 windows open - not necessary!

I'm not sure I have realized any benefits. I have used Skyward on both the teacher side and administrator side, and I think both are clunky and hard to maneuver.

Skyward review by Jen B.
Jen B.

"An organized system"

What do you like best?

Skyward makes it easy to organize grades by standards and include necessary comments.

What do you dislike?

Many of us moving to standards-based grading could benefit from additional options when recording grades.

I'm able to go back into Skyward to help parents see exactly which standards were areas of strength or weakness.

Skyward review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Skyward Review"

What do you like best?

I really like the system that this uses and how gradebook and the attendance are put together, which makes them easier to use. Saving the login makes accessing this quick and easy and I haven't had any technology errors from it yet! I really like how you can add commentary to the grades if they are missing or late, etc. This has really helped me stay organized.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes navigating between the financial aspects of this site and some of the other features needed from the site (ie. accessing gradebook and daily attendance) can be tricky. This may just be how my district has chosen to link and set up skyward access to teachers. Inputting information does take some time to view all classes. I wish you could name your classes so I wouldn't have to keep clicking in between them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that there is sensitive information like health records and what students are at risk, etc. so if you have automatic login be careful with who may have access to that. Also, use the comments for assignments to help you stay organized and input everything on your student to have a complete and comprehensive record that easy to access. When inputting an assignment add to any and all relevant classes to save yourself some time later and make sure under details you put the assignment name.

Grading, attendance, student information, etc. I've noticed this system is so easy to change and edit, eliminating the need for paper attendance or for keeping a manual gradebook. SO nice!

Skyward review by Isha G.
Isha G.

" Amazing software"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that teachers and parents can view the grades anytime.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes after inputting data,they are not visible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very simple and user friendly too. I have used it since 2011.

I put students' grades and print their progress reports.

Skyward review by Sheila S.
Sheila S.

"A pretty great and easy to use program for teachers. "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to enter my student's grades when using Gradebook. It is fast

and efficient. The categories are easy to find and quite varied. I also like how easily accessible

it is for parents to check up on their child's work or missing assignments. Overall, it makes keeping

track of your class work much easier than in the past. I'm much more organized over all as a teacher

because of Skyward. It's also a lot faster to print off report cards.

What do you dislike?

I wish the categories concerning the printing of reports were more

easily understood. Even after using this program for many years, I still

very often print off the wrong reports. I wish the titles were more easily

understood by just reading them, than having to redo the reports until

I find the correct one. Maybe, even if there was a picture that you could

click on to check first to see what each report looks like before you go to download

it. This would save so much time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you consistently enter your student's grades throughout the grading period.

It is so easy to use, and there is no need to wait until right before report card time. This also helps

parents to stay up on missing work from their child.

This program makes it much easier to enter grades and print off reports to send

to parents. It's also nice having parents able to access their child's grades or missing

assignments from home.

"Skyward for Teachers"

What do you like best?

Skyward is easy to use, manipulate, and has multiple useful functions. It is easy to semd messages to whole groups or select groups of students.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I have is the the semester exam grade will not transfer from Canvas inyo the "SE1" category.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works well for our school district.

Skyward gives access to every teacher, admin, student, and parent. There is a gokd flow of information and Skyward eliminates the need for parents to call or email teachers about grades.

Skyward review by Administrator

"Skyward Student Management rocks!"

What do you like best?

Everything, great customer support, progressive software, flexibility.

What do you dislike?

Software changes that districts request are slow to happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skyward offers many different modules. You can choose what modules to use and make the software work to suit the needs of your district.

The ease of handling the state reporting and meeting the state reporting requirements. The ability to have all the schools on the same page .

Skyward review by Jacqueline B.
Jacqueline B.

"Skyward Review"

What do you like best?

I really like that it allows us to pick different categories for out percentages. And then does all the calculations for us. Saves a ton of time. I like that we can blast emails to all of our students/parents in one click. It allows for great communication with our families.

What do you dislike?

I dislike things that our district is in charge of. Skyward has a ton of capabilities that districts can choose to use or not use. And between years this can change which screws us as the teacher. I do not like that we can not speak to a skyward representative directly, we need to go thru someone in our tech department who will then speak with them.

I put my grades and assignments in the system.

The students know their grades and can track them

They can also do assignments directly from the site.

User in Education Management

"Acceptable Option for Student Data Management"

What do you like best?

Skyward is a nice option for student data, and it is capable of holding so much information - assessment data, intervention plans, health data, family data, homework, grades, bus info, etc. It saves time to have one place to go for all of that information.

What do you dislike?

It has a lot of capabilities, but not all options are activated in our particular set up. That's frustrating when we know it can do more, but are currently limited. It is also hard for us to add data, depending on the permissions we have been given, which is also frustrating.

We use Skyward in a public school district, as a replacement for several different applications. It is helpful to have one place to get all of the information.

Skyward review by Internal Consultant in Education Management
Internal Consultant in Education Management

"Skyward is a great tool for schools. "

What do you like best?

I like the many functions for reports. You can run a report on many different topics, but it may be difficult to figure it out at first.

What do you dislike?

Some aspects are not user friendly. I don’t like the printing queu

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some functions are not user friendly.

We use skyward for attendance and grades. Last year we gave number grades and were able to print a progress report. This year we have standards based reporting so the progress report isn’t as beneficial.

Skyward review by Lindsay K. R.
Lindsay K. R.

"Excellent Student Management Suite Program"

What do you like best?

Skyward provides a thorough and expansive management student for schools and educators to sort, manage and track the progress of students in their educational system.

What do you dislike?

The system, while advanced and expansive, does take some time training on in order to access all features of the program.

We have to provide training to every educator and support staff member, however, the benefits are absolutely worth it. The system provides a reliable and accurate management system for all of the students at our educational institution.

Skyward review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"Skyward Student Management"

What do you like best?

Skyward Student Management Suite is very easy to use. I taught with teachers who had very little experience with technology to those who are experts. There wasn't a single teacher in my building that struggled with Skyward.

What do you dislike?

I did not like that once I set up groups of students, I couldn't change them later. This made it very difficult to group and grade students by their ability level.

Skyward Student Management Suite allowed parents to contact me directly through the site and ask questions about specific assignments.

"Not sure friendly"

What do you like best?

Allows mass email to all emails on file and can attach a report card to them.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to navigate. The tabs are not always the best fit for what you're trying to find so you waste time when trying to do things like print a class roster or run a certain type of report.

Parent communication in less time. I am able to fill in blank grades with all zeros or all hundreds.

"Horrible System"

What do you like best?

The widget options to have shortcuts is alright.

What do you dislike?

No flexibility and is too expensive to provide additional services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a regular 7-8 period school day, then this might be better. However, if you're schedule is different or if you are going standards-based grading, then expect to pay more for what you need.

Right now, I do not see benefits from using this product vs another.

"Love Skyward"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to do many things with one SIS - everything is connected to the student and all records are kept together.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike most about skyward would be that it could be more user friendly. When new employees start it's not as easy for them to jump in and get going.

All information is recorded and kept on file. With a click of a button we can access all information on a student.

Skyward review by Shawn P.
Shawn P.

"5th grade skyward user. "

What do you like best?

I like that skyward tabulates my numbers for me and can be easily accessed remotely.

What do you dislike?

It feels a little clunky sometimes. The UI isn't Rey intuitive and I've often had to just wonder around until I found what I wanted.

Time management. Student success communication.

Skyward review by User

"Skyward has a lot of great features and is fairly user-friendly"

What do you like best?

The scheduling system is easy to use. I also like how easy it is for me to access student attendance data and grades.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could get cleaner looking attendance data and a chart could be created straight from Skyward

Scheduling students, checking grades, etc. Also, the WISPC career planning tool populates with data straight from Skyward which is helpful when we build 4-year course plans with students.

Skyward review by Mortensen A.
Mortensen A.

"Skyword"

What do you like best?

I love that it has all the information I need in one place. This has saved me time and energy with finding data for certain people. It also lets me see personal information like checks and time off which really help.

What do you dislike?

Some times I get logged off and that can be annoying. The have maintenance at the wrong times for me. It is hard to say anything else bad about it because I love it so much for its user friendly format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

YES highly recommend it very easy to use and nice for a school setting.

Having everything in one place cuts down on time trying to find things.

"Skyward"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate once you have used it for a while. Can generate documents and run reports as needed fairly quickly. Easy to locate student and needed information in a timely manner. Can modify documents on an as needed basis.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the documents you are working on will not save after you have closed out of it correctly by sitting save and close. It is hard to format the fonts, text size, etc.

I have used it only to access student information and update forms for educational evaluations. It is nice that multiple people can view the same document at once in there and also enter their own information one at a time as needed.

"Skyward...oh gosh. "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that parents are able to keep tabs on their children with live updates.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the ease of use. For the easiest tasks, it’s takes so much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You really have to play with it in order to find out its maximum potential.

We are able to streamline productivity when utilizing the grade system.

Skyward review by User

"Organize your grades, attendance and parent contacts in one place."

What do you like best?

I like that I can name and describe the different assignment I give students. I like that there are several categories in which to put projects and classwork, etc. Skyward makes it easy to see a student's complete profile including their schedule which is very helpful when trying to find a student during any time of the day or week. I can also assign different point systems to grade many types of projects. Being able to customize notes home for certain students in certain classes is helpful.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could "hold" grades when entering only a few in a class (when some students are still not finished with project). Sometimes I would like to change a grade (especially on a rubric) before it becomes live.

I wish that there was a video or some better way of training us to use more of the features. Right now we find them by trial and error, or if someone happens to mention something they found out. The program is complicated and requires much training.

The graphic interface could be more attractive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your district spends the time and money for training.

Its easy to organize my classes - I teach nine different sections. Contacting parents through Skyward has been a benefit for time management.

Skyward review by Maria N.
Maria N.

"Skyward Student Access Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I like that Skyward allows you to build reports to serve multiple needs. It makes it easy to gather the data accurately and sort it to your needs. Although I would have to say the best thing is that you can view a students complete profile, from their address to all their grades, with ease.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Skyward is that at times when running a new report you have to make quite a few adjustments to get the specific report. On the plus side the more reports you run the better you get at creating the report without additional adjustments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended to anyone looking to for a system that truly gives you ease of access to their student database. Additionally, it is great for employee access.

Skyward is the best problem solver in terms of allowing access to all student and employee information within one system. With this access at my fingertips it allows me to be more efficient when entering and reviewing data.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"A district's move to Skyward"

What do you like best?

I like that I can access the gradebook from anywhere, and that the students/parents can access the gradebook from anywhere. Additionally, there are many things that can be used - assigning work, communicating with parents, etc.

What do you dislike?

Skyward is one of the most difficult programs to learn that I have seen. Terminology is odd, and there is very little in the way of help. Customization is lacking, and it's difficult to get things done the way that you want them. It is not very good to use for discipline data, especially if you are using a program like PBIS. The grading system for primary grades is lacking in usability, and there are constantly bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get lots of training, and have your IT department partner with Skyward to answer questions beforehand. Make sure you have multiple teachers on the committee explaining what you need.

Parent communication is a problem that we have solved, and we have been able to keep them up to date on more events. It has helped our district to go more paperless.

Skyward review by Evan S.
Evan S.

"Great for keeping organized all in one place"

What do you like best?

Skyward is very easy to learn and use. It keeps all information in one place, is easy to use and keep student information organized.

What do you dislike?

The design is nothing fancy, but that is necessarily a bad thing. The software overall could “flow” from item to item better.

Maintaining student grades, attendance and information is easy with skyward.

User in Education Management

"Skyward Student Management "

What do you like best?

I like the reports, how I can tailor them to what I need. I can pull up student information, and run attendance records.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the reports take a while to que. When I am in a hurry, it can be bothering.

Tracking attendance. That is a big deal in education. It helps me see when students are absent, and present information in a spreadsheet to stakeholders.

"Skyward student managment"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the student management system.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software program will run slow which often causes problems when the school is in current communication about a student and using the software to reference.

Really attendance is the main assent of skyward. I am not quite familiar with the grading portion aspect of it yet.

"Teacher "

What do you like best?

Attendance is easy to take and it is easy to add a comment to an absence. However, the comment line is very limited in space.

What do you dislike?

It physically looks very outdated and we just got it. The menus and buttons are small and it takes a lot of steps to get from one area to the next. Training was very poor and has resulted in many people disliking it. Also, grade cards and progress reports are incredibly confusing and everyone just guesses what to push because it is never clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have adequate training. I would seriously recommend exploring the ease of use for Skyward and other programs because it is not easy to use.

We are using skyward for everything and it is nice to have access to more student health info and parent contact info.

User in Education Management

"Perfect for daily useage "

What do you like best?

For me, the best aspect of Skyward is the continuity and convince. I like that I can put in my attendance and the office can view it right away. I like that it combines my employee information along with my class information. It's great how everything is all in one place.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that the password requirement is a bit much. I often find it difficult to remember as I have to change it so often. I end up keeping a post-it with my password on my desk which sort of defeats the entire purpose of having so many password requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Streamlined service

- Availability of information to teachers, administrators and families.

I am able to view all of my student information in one place. I am able to streamline everything.

Skyward review by User

"Skyward is a powerful and useful tool for student management"

What do you like best?

I like the easy streamlined website and mobile app. It's very intuitive. Items are layed out in an easy-to-read and there isn't much of a learning curve.

What do you dislike?

There are some useful settings, however they're somewhat hidden. After playing with it for a while you can customize your page to fit your needs.

Skyward enables me to keep up to date, and change if necessary, attendance with ease. It also allows me to check personal information such as pay history, W2, and W4 information.

"Skyward"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that Skyward is a platform that allows me to access my students' information, make connections with families, and keep track of my financial life. Skyward balances the educator and the employee.

What do you dislike?

It has taken me a long time to learn how to use Skyward; however, once you learn it is amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skyward has more features than you might realize. Make sure to speak with your office administrator to get a tutorial on how to use different features!

The biggest benefit of Skyward is the ease it affords me when contacting parents. I am able to send emails to all of my guardians with one click. Skyward also allows me to easily enter report card grades three times a year.

Skyward review by Michele G.
Michele G.

"Skyward helps organize attendance and grading"

What do you like best?

With directions it is easy it is easy to follow and accomplish what I am trying to do with the program.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be easier to combine certain processes. For example, it would be easier to submit grades and post them at the same time as we enter them.

Keeping track of attendance, scheduling and grades.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to view what you need with customizable dashboards and it's easy to find and figure out everything.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I do not like is that the app will not recognize when I am on the correct Wi-Fi needed to clock in/out so it renders it basically useless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth the trouble of switching, it makes clocking and submitting timesheets much easier

Clock in locations are not needed, employees are able to clock in/out from any computer, smart phone, or tablet.

Skyward review by Erilyn H.
Erilyn H.

"Skyward Access"

What do you like best?

Skyward makes it easy for parents to track student scores throughout the year. They can also check to see missing work.

What do you dislike?

When parents looked up missing work for my students, it listed assignments for the whole year, not just the appropriate term.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product for teachers, parents, and students to use for communicating grades and assignments.

It makes it easier for parents to request specific help for students throughout the year as they notice where they are struggling.

"Great Grade book "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to enter and maintain students grades

What do you dislike?

I like all the features of the gradebook and information systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! It's easy to use and maintain.

Maintaining students grades and information. It's been great to eliminate the mess of a paper gradebook.

"User-friendly "

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to enter assignments and grades in categories you pre-select and give percentage weights. I also love being able to communicate to the parents/guardians whose e-mails are entered.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a way to delay how immediately it can be seen - in other words, be able to not show an assignment grade until all are graded - students talk to one another and freak out if their friend sees a grade and they don't.

I also wish you could differentiate by assigning different groups within the class different assignments without having to put "No Count" for everyone who didn't get that assignment - this leads to parent questions and even pressure on the students to do every assignment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's user-friendly and a great program; be sure someone in your district is responsible to answer questions when the building-level individuals using it can't solve a problem.

Education is not a business; this is a grading program. That said, parents want and expect an online grade book so we are providing that. A benefit is that parents & students are without excuse at grade time. A problem is that some homes do not have computer access.

Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Efficient student management system"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and to teach to others. Simple interface for teachers and families

What do you dislike?

Higher level items can be difficult to remember how to do and can no longer import grades

Allows for easy attendance and grading plus effective student records

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"An overall positive experience with Skyward!"

What do you like best?

I like the different features -- grading, taking attendance, student profiles, etc.

I also like the different areas of academics being separated in different sections.

I like that it can be specialized to my schools needs.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there are so many awesome features, but i just don't know about them! I wish there was an easier way to learn the cool ways of using Skyward.

I wish that I could enter grades with percents instead of numbers.

I wish that when I was entering grades, I could push the return or enter button to get to the next student.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have everything you do with school connected to this system...i.e. don't use multiple programs for grades if this is where you want your teachers entering grades.

I wouldn't really say I am solving business problems. I would say that I like that I can be connected to my parents through this software and they can see the grades I enter on their end.

User in Education Management

"Skyward is a great product for teachers."

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to attach skills to assignments and tests. I also really love that assignments can be entered for work and study habits. I also like that teachers are able to communicate with parents through the website. Parent communication through this is very helpful because parents can look in one place for teacher messages as well as student grades. It is great that progress reports can now be emailed out to parents. I think it is great that attendance can be done this way as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike when the system goes down. This happened a few times last school year. I also dislike when the site keeps you from entering quarter grades a few days before they actually need to be completely finished. It makes it a bit of a hassle to go back and change the quarter to input finishing touches.

This website is a big improvement from IGPro. I really like Skyward and am feeling much more comfortable with the website now. It was certainly challenging for me in the beginning and I am still learning new things about it.

"Expensive and clunky"

What do you like best?

I can look up students easily and fairly quickly.

What do you dislike?

Where do I begin? It’s clunky looking. It’s not user friendly. It’s not easy for parents to navigate either.

We use it for managing our students for registration, fees, grades, healthcare plans, and lots more.

"Organized!"

What do you like best?

I can see student record information, school district Information, paycheck information etc

What do you dislike?

Nothing, Skyward is way to navigate, loads within a reasonable amount of time as well

Student information, attendance, lunch count

Skyward review by User

"Student Data Management System"

What do you like best?

It reports directly to the state and meets state reporting requirements.

What do you dislike?

Tech support is not very helpful and you cannot customize it at all to meet your needs.

Student data management and state reporting

User in Education Management

"My Daily Experience w/ Skyward"

What do you like best?

The easy to sort interface is the part I like the most. It is simple to locate my classes, students and follow the links to the info I require at that time.

What do you dislike?

Often, it is difficult to sort lists and print documents (e.g. rosters and summaries). I am unsure if this is because of Skyward or my own computer setup.

If it can be considered a "problem", I am creating a process to locate specific needs and info in a simpler lanner.

Skyward review by Shalonda  L.
Shalonda L.

"Skyward for HOPE Christian Schools"

What do you like best?

Using the database to manage students attendance and being able to make address labels.

What do you dislike?

it lags every now and then and also system can be shut down from time to time

worked with the it department to correct any system glitches

Skyward review by Mycah B.
Mycah B.

"Skyward"

What do you like best?

When you enter grades you can add the assignment to multiple classes. The quick score is easy and friendly to use for an edit to one or more students

What do you dislike?

It is hard to learn through the help button and through own investigation. It is much easier for someone to show you how to specific use the system

Can link the assignments to the gradebook. If students or parents login they are able to print the missing/late assignment at home

Skyward review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"I use Skyward for the student management and discipline system as well as for my employee access."

What do you like best?

It is fairly easy to find student information.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it is not all encompassing in regards to data. While it is pretty easy to find student information I am not fond of the layout and look.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have nothing to compare it to, but like I mentioned earlier it doesn't have all info and it is sometimes difficult to find things and run reports based on the layout.

Not solving any business problems in my role.

Great place to house student information.

"Skyward Classroom"

What do you like best?

Pretty easy. It is user friendly and tech support is helpful

What do you dislike?

Gets confusing between parent, student, finance, and secure access. Also that because I have a partner teacher, she is the one who has to do parent conferences and I can't really help her.

Recommendations to others considering the product

we are still figuring out how to do parent teacher collaborations through skyward

See above.

Skyward review by nicole k.
nicole k.

"I am using skyward as a counseling intern"

What do you like best?

I like that skyward has all of the places where I may need to look at information at the same place.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how when you want to drop a class you click drop and then delete and not the drop button.

I am not solving any business problems. I am learning how to do student scheduling during my internship. I have realized that it is nice to be able to play around with schedule choices.

"Skyward review"

What do you like best?

I like that I can connect with parents and students through this forum. I hope that this next year will be better with less bugs and glitches. I find it easy to input grades and prepare reports for parents. It makes it easy to take attendance.

What do you dislike?

It has too many glitches and easy to escape out of it without wanting to. It is somewhat hard to navigate when mixing students from other classes (I am in an elementary school teaching 6th grade and we switch for different subjects).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes time to get used to and there are times that it crashes. Be patient.

It keeps a great deal of information that allows team teachers to see and makes that information accessible.

Skyward review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"A great tool, fairly easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

I find it helpful that I have all the information I need right at my fingertips. Data entry is easy once you learn the proper codes. I can run reports and interpret data with ease.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot go back and add to a note after I've entered the data. It comes across as a void or a brand new note. I am often limited by the current health codes and wish that we could expand those. That may not be a skyward issue, though, but more of an issue with the district.

I am currently entering data into the system to make sure that we are in compliance with the state of illinois' health requirements.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It handled clocking in and out as well as time off requests and timesheet management.

What do you dislike?

It's not able to connect between different school systems, like if you have an account with Cityville City Schools you can't connect it with your account with County Public Schools system.

Only what I mentioned in my favorite and least favorite thing reviews

User in Education Management

"Good student information system"

What do you like best?

Provides a lot of important data related to student attendance, academic progress, behavior, etc.

What do you dislike?

Can be difficult to navigate at times. There are a lot of services within Skyward that I do not know how to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Receive training prior to use.

We are obtaining data related to student attendance, behavior, academic success. This allows us to assess student needs and trends and base programming off of our findings.

User in Education Management

"Useful program for teachers"

What do you like best?

I like being able to add my grades electronically.

What do you dislike?

I wish it saved your grades automatically.

Student data management is much easier.

Skyward review by Shannon T.
Shannon T.

"I have used Skyward to access student information."

What do you like best?

I like that the program allows you to access all student information in one location. I can see their contact info, parents info, student number and gases all in one location.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I have to go to different tabs depending on what information I am seeking.

Skyward allows me to access information no matter where I am in the building as long as I have my laptop or iPad.

Skyward review by Bree G.
Bree G.

"Used to input student info"

What do you like best?

Easy to communicate grades and other important info to students and parents

What do you dislike?

A bit clunky to use in terms of functionality.

Grading is instantly online.

Skyward review by Marlena S.
Marlena S.

"I use Skyward everyday"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to communicate with my students parents through the Skyward program.

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult to understand and it requires an excessive amount of time to fill in the different events. It also does not import the grades for the grade card so that's another step that I have to do which seems unnecessary since it already has all the scores calculated.

none

Administrator in Education Management

"Skyward is a useful tool for administrators"

What do you like best?

Districts can keep all student information in one, safe spot. It is easy to create reports that you need and export the information into Excel. The Parent Portal allows parents to view their child's grades, attendance, and lunch balance at the click of a mouse.

What do you dislike?

There are many components to each tab when entering student information. It's very easy to miss entering something. Training is critical! There are online tutorials which are easy to access and follow, but they are not necessarily easy to find.

We use Skyward for state reporting, exporting information into other software programs, scheduling, and data analysis

Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Skyward Finance Business Support - Users Review"

What do you like best?

Flexibility of customizing your own dada mining reports is exceptional.

What do you dislike?

Conversion of some data fields manually.

Payment processing, ability to schedule payments and clone. Keeping data clean and accurate is easier using the downloading of data mining reports into excell looking for errors. I work for the School District of West Allis-West Milwaukee.

"Straightforward and Simple"

What do you like best?

I've been using Skyward for the past year as I finished my student teaching in Special Education at Illinois State University. Skyward has been awesome to use because everything is so straightforward and simple. Although I received some training from other teachers, I was able to navigate and use Skyward on my own easily.

What do you dislike?

I honestly cannot think of anything I dislike about Skyward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can't think of any recommendations for Skyward!

When using Skyward for Special Education purposes, I was able to accomplish all the legal requirements for students receiving special education services.

Administrator in Education Management

"I use this product for attendance, grades, and student information."

What do you like best?

I like that the comments are easy to view and easy to add. Everything is in one central place.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to find what you need and how to use it. There are so many different options that it becomes very confusing. It is difficult to go back and edit a grade entry.

Parent and students can be emailed quickly without the need to type 30+ email addresses into your email message. Parents can see student information at any time. This keeps the teachers on top of grading, allowing for frequent feedback.

"Makes teaching easier:)"

What do you like best?

I like how it accuracy calculates the grades.

What do you dislike?

The student information sheets are too confusing to print and give to parents

I have resolved calculating my one grades and handing in attendance slips.

Skyward review by User

"Skyward Student Management Suite"

What do you like best?

Overall, Skyward is extremely user friendly. It is simple and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was an option to easily edit the indivudal grades of one student.

Skyward packages grade entering, attendance, and communication in one package.

Skyward review by User in Higher Education

"Feedback from a teachers view"

What do you like best?

Choosing the criteria of how a student is assessed.

What do you dislike?

I am not sure if it is a dislike but how skyward communicates with other programs, such as mastery connect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the tutorials and start playing with the features.

NA

Skyward review by Tyler J.
Tyler J.

"Works great"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and view grade book and attendance.

What do you dislike?

Under a student In the attendance tab you should be able to see if a student is present in class.

None

"Good student management"

What do you like best?

Multiple data able to be kept in one location, grades, contact info, etc.

What do you dislike?

Hard to add personalized notes to pass from school to school in case of student transfer

promotes mass messaging from staff to families

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of great ways to manage and it is really easily customizable for teachers to use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are issues with it saving grades.

Better management of student grades and progress.