Skyward Student Management Suite

Skyward offers school districts a complete solution for all their administrative software needs, beginning with an implementation that meets timelines and ensures staff are comfortable and knowledgeable, through running the expansive capabilities of the School Management System to produce state reports faster with more accuracy.

Work for Skyward Student Management Suite?

Learning about Skyward?

Skyward Student Management Suite Reviews

Ask Skyward a Question
Showing 90 Skyward reviews
Skyward review by <span>Trish M.</span>
Trish M.

"Skyward is quick and easy!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to navigate when entering in my grades. There are various categories within each subject area. You also have the option to give assignments different weight values, it's all done for you! I also like the option to have charts instantly generated for grade distribution for each subject and marking period. I like how each category is a different color, which makes it easy to quickly glance to see how balanced the grades are. I also like how parents/guardians are able to log in themselves to see their child's grades.

What do you dislike?

I used to be able to use the "Quick Grading" feature, which was amazing! However, it hasn't worked for this school year. I wish there were different shades of each color within each grading category, to differentiate between English/Language Arts since this subject has so many different categories and subcategories. It is not as easy to visually see the graded distribution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skyward Student Management Site is easy to use and navigate. If you're looking for an online grade book, as well as: attendance, academic history, and medical information, for your teachers to have access to and use, this is definitely worth considering!

I like how student skyward and business skyward have a similar layout, which makes both very easy to navigate. The business side handles all of the payroll histories, the balance of time off available, and requesting time off.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Skyward Student Management Suite
Skyward review by <span>Brad O.</span>
Brad O.

"Lots of Room for Improvement"

What do you like best?

I like that the attendance and the grade book is all under one program. I like that I can see alot of information about each student. I also like that my human resources file is there, so I can see what my salary and time off status are.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things that are too rigid and that there is no way to alter them to fit a person's needs. The gradebook is hard to organize because it is a mix of standards and percentages. There are too many options for viewing and entering grades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good if you want a simple program for attendance and grades.

We use it to take attendance and give the students grades. It is nice having them both under one program.

What K-12 Student Information Systems solution do you use?

Skyward review by <span>Twila C.</span>
Twila C.

"Skyward for student record management"

What do you like best?

Skyward is super easy to learn and navigate. It is a very straight-forward student record keeping system. I use it as a teacher, so I do not get the full benefit of all it can do. I know that administrators, diagnosticians, support staff, and lead teachers enjoy many more features than I do as a classroom teacher. This is one of the benefits of Skyward. It can be tailored to the institution, and administrators can lock and unlock features depending on personnel using the system. As a teacher, I take attendance, record grades, enter discipline issues, and can see student profiles for contact information. Though there are a few things I wish were more customizable about the gradebook, it serves its intended puprose. I can enter assignments, show due dates, make comments, and enter grades.

What do you dislike?

There are some features of the gradebook that are not customizable and a little frustrating. I would like to be able to move assignments around and group in ways other than date and major/minor categories. I do not like that I can not combine classes that meet the same period but have different course codes. I do not like that I am unable to group students by sub-population within a class.

Skyward has a plethora of features. Our district uses it for student and employee records management. It is an all-in-one package management system that allows for ease of use for both sides of the equation--those entering the data and those accessing the data.

Skyward review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Our charter school district's experience with Skyward"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that all the different functions that are available and can be added to the Skyward system. Our district went from having multiple systems for daily tasks (credit card reconciliation, time off requests, purchase requisitions, etc) to having Skyward as our "go-to" resource. This has been beneficial.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the user interface and the lack of user-friendliness. We are entering our 2nd year using Skyward and we still have several hurdles that hold back our productivity. First, the inability to edit submitted items -- if there are any changes, that the item must go through the purchase approval queue. Next, we had hundreds of paycheck issues as a result of the data migration from our previous system. For a district that has 3500 employees, this was a terrible first impression. Lastly, Skyward wants to charge our district for every little change. For example, they are are charging a significant fee to change the default signature on our printed checks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I know that many districts in our area have successfully used Skyward for years. However, as a brand new user, I found the entire user interface to be cumbersome and very difficult to navigate. Especially in a world with Apple, Google, and the like, the Skyward system looks like it was created in MS-DOS and hasn't changed in the last 20 years.

We have realized that Skyward is on the right track to improving our productivity. However, if the user interface does not improve then we will likely look for an alternative solution. They already have the "bones" in place for a great system but it's just not meeting our modern-day standards.

Skyward review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Could be better, could certainly be worse"

What do you like best?

It's fairy quick, reasonably easy to use. I don't really care for the layout, it's not especially intuitive or easy to find what you're looking for if you haven't had extensive training. I've been using it for quite a while now and there are still times when I can't find something I need easily.

What do you dislike?

The mobile site is atrocious. It's basically unusable.

I mentioned this before, but the layout isn't great even on the desktop sign. It's not intuitive and definitely isn't easily usable for someone who isn't especially computer savvy- which teachers sometimes aren't. I've done some training for our teachers and find that they're not able to easily adapt when coming from another software, but if it's their first student management software they tend to pick it up relatively easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If mobile use is important to you keep looking. If not, this is a solid option. Keep in mind that you may want to provide extensive training on its use since it's...well, not the easiest software to pick up.

I work for a school district. We track all student data using Skyward Student Management Suite. It does make it easier to have it all centralized on a responsive and easy to navigate site.

Skyward review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Not a Very User Friendly Tool"

What do you like best?

Once you figure out how to enter in the information, this software speeds up the process of requesting time off and getting expense reimbursement. When you make a request in the system, an email is fired off to your supervisor and they can immediately approve or deny your request. It is much quicker than phone calls, emails, or paper submissions.

What do you dislike?

The system is not user friendly. There are multiple tabs, pop up windows, and technical language that make it difficult to navigate around. Several more seasoned employees in my department who were not very tech savvy had extreme difficulties figuring out how to use it. It’s not a program that is conducive to having users figure it out on their own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to offer a lot of training in order to help staff use this software. Once trained though, this software increases communication and efficiency.

This software speeds up the process of requesting time off, being reimbursed for expenses, and increasing communication between employees and supervisors.

Learning about Skyward Student Management Suite?

* We monitor all Skyward Student Management Suite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.