Skyword

Skyword

The Skyword Platform is designed to help you transcend the digital noise and develop your brand as a global search and social destination.

Work for Skyword?

Learning about Skyword?

Skyword Reviews

Ask Skyword a Question
Showing 104 Skyword reviews
Skyword review by <span>Sara A.</span>
Sara A.
Invitation from the software vendor

Skyword simplifies my freelance writing and content creation.

What do you like best?

I write articles and content creation for two companies that utilize Skyword. This simplifies my work flow tremendously! Both companies have different specs within the platform - so Skyword makes it so much easier to understand exactly what the brand is looking for.

What do you dislike?

Outages are hard to deal with when I am on a tight timeline. I do wish actual due dates showed instead of "in one month". Also it would be helpful to be able to see all of our submitted ideas over time. Currently we only can see the past 2 or 3 months worth of submitted ideas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is such an excellent tool to streamline how you have your content creators work and create content.

Streamlining workflow between myself and the brand I am writing for. The platform makes it so much easier to understand exactly what the brand/company is looking for as far as amount of photos, headings, word count and SEO, etc.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Skyword
Skyword review by <span>Tom B.</span>
Tom B.
Invitation from the software vendor

Skyword gets the word(s) out

What do you like best?

As a content writer and copywriter, Skyword has given me the opportunity to write for significant companies like Google and Fidelity. As a bylined writer, I've been able to showcase my writing chops while getting substantial opportunities to have my work in the public eye. Many of the writing assignments have challenged my skills and kept me sharp, as well as better informed on a range of topics.

What do you dislike?

Initially I had some trouble with the platform in editing and uploading images, but those were all resolved though good communication with Skyword editors and managers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every experience I've had with a Skyword employee has been positive.

As a freelance copywriter, Skyword solves my business problems by paying me for what I write. As mentioned, the assignments also take me into business areas and issues for which I didn't have deep knowledge—I'm more knowledgeable about a range of best business practices as a result of writing research and the writing itself.

What Content Marketing solution do you use?

Skyword review by Consultant in Computer & Network Security
Consultant in Computer & Network Security
Invitation from the software vendor

Skyword editorial staff is one of the best

What do you like best?

Outstanding sounding board to get ideas and assistance publishing articles that attract readership. The editorial staff is one of the best I've worked with as they get back to you quickly with areas you need help creating great content. They also provide a means to find other opportunities that match your experience with organizations that use Skyword for their content. You can write about your industry experience while getting increased global exposure increasing your brand and reputation. The platform also creates a uniqueness that expands your ability to share your content to other social media platforms.

What do you dislike?

Dependency on client approvals may take more time, can be slow. Also the platform needs improvement allowing HTML and JavaScript coding in a way Wordpress handles these. The spelling and grammar as well as access to the plagiarism tool should also be included. This would eliminate delays where the editors return content back to the authors to correct their writings. It is a big time saver and it also alleviates the work the editors do returning the work back to the authors under tight publication schedules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the aspiring writers of content this is a platform that is remarkable where many clients go to find the talent for their content and marketing purposes. Industry thought leaders will find a readership audience in their niche to provide the content they need. Also, freelancing independent consultants with many years of expertise will find giving back and contributing their knowledge and know how of immense value to their followers.

Contributing back to the industry with thought provoking articles while mentoring many others in the industry. It provides a great means to establish your credibility, brand and reputation. Organizations also find the talent with the experience they need to being on board helping them with their brand.

Skyword review by <span>Becky L.</span>
Becky L.
Invitation from the software vendor

Skyword is a great opportunity for freelance writers to enhance their visibility

What do you like best?

Skyword provides an opportunity to have consistent work with brand recognition and for a freelancer, knowing that you can count on regular income each month is really nice. The editorial teams are great to work with and Skyword pays very market-competitive prices for content. I've loved working with Skyword so much over the past several years that I've referred them to several other freelancers. There are few content platforms that really stand out as offering good pay and good management, but Skyword is at the top.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, no complaints. I work on three different technology partner programs with Skyword and while each is structured slightly different, I've found the Skyword teams to all be highly professional to work with.

Skyword has provided me with an opportunity to contribute content for Fortune 500 companies under my own byline. Since I began writing with Skyword (over two years now!) I've seen a noticeable increase in my own visibility on social media sites where my Skyword content is posted. I truly believe writing for Skyword has enabled me to land more and better clients for my freelancing business due to this increased visibility of writing for high-profile companies.

Skyword review by <span>Amanda K.</span>
Amanda K.

Skyword is

What do you like best?

I own my own business, and have picked up freelance work from Skyword periodically over the past five years. The platform is simple to use, and Skyword Support is terrific if you ever run in to issues. Payments are automated, so freelancers always know when and how much they are getting paid.

What do you dislike?

It's not always easy to pick up additional work if you want it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great platform for both freelance writers as well as businesses looking to connect with the best in the business!

I am creating content for several small , midsize, and large businesses. I might have overlooked these businesses in my job searches previously, so the biggest benefit from the Skyword platform has been the chance to connect with businesses who share my values to create content I'm proud of.

Skyword review by <span>John H.</span>
John H.

Mostly great

What do you like best?

It's intuitive enough that you don't really need any training to use it. I love the assessment feature that helps me make sure I have the right # of words, keywords, grammar, etc. before I publish the content.

What do you dislike?

I've encountered a couple of problems using the tool. Luckily I've been able to find some workarounds. If I want a few images included in my blog content, it's more difficult than it needs to be to insert them into the text exactly where they need to go. Sometimes I can only attach one image, and other times it makes me crop an image for no apparent reason. I get around this by sending the content directly to the editors. I've also had issues where I hit "Save" and it makes me log back in, only to see that I've lost a lot of progress with what I wrote. This forces me to type my blog in a separate document, and then I run into formatting issues when trying to copy and paste the content over. I end up spending additional time reformatting before I can submit for review.

We publish at least one blog per month to convey major product updates, announcements, and general thought leadership pieces. Blogs are a critical part of our marketing strategy and Skyword is the platform we use to get our content out there!

Learn more about Skyword

Skyword Videos

Learning about Skyword?

* We monitor all Skyword reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.