Skyword

Skyword

Skyword360 powers a connected, content-centric approach to differentiating your brand and creating exceptional customer experiences.

Work for Skyword?

Learning about Skyword?

Skyword Reviews

Ask Skyword a Question
Showing 104 Skyword reviews
Skyword review by Brandy S.
Brandy S.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Skyword
Skyword review by Sara A.
Sara A.

"Skyword simplifies my freelance writing and content creation. "

What do you like best?

I write articles and content creation for two companies that utilize Skyword. This simplifies my work flow tremendously! Both companies have different specs within the platform - so Skyword makes it so much easier to understand exactly what the brand is looking for.

What do you dislike?

Outages are hard to deal with when I am on a tight timeline. I do wish actual due dates showed instead of "in one month". Also it would be helpful to be able to see all of our submitted ideas over time. Currently we only can see the past 2 or 3 months worth of submitted ideas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is such an excellent tool to streamline how you have your content creators work and create content.

Streamlining workflow between myself and the brand I am writing for. The platform makes it so much easier to understand exactly what the brand/company is looking for as far as amount of photos, headings, word count and SEO, etc.

What Content Marketing solution do you use?

Skyword review by Tom B.
Tom B.

"Skyword gets the word(s) out"

What do you like best?

As a content writer and copywriter, Skyword has given me the opportunity to write for significant companies like Google and Fidelity. As a bylined writer, I've been able to showcase my writing chops while getting substantial opportunities to have my work in the public eye. Many of the writing assignments have challenged my skills and kept me sharp, as well as better informed on a range of topics.

What do you dislike?

Initially I had some trouble with the platform in editing and uploading images, but those were all resolved though good communication with Skyword editors and managers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every experience I've had with a Skyword employee has been positive.

As a freelance copywriter, Skyword solves my business problems by paying me for what I write. As mentioned, the assignments also take me into business areas and issues for which I didn't have deep knowledge—I'm more knowledgeable about a range of best business practices as a result of writing research and the writing itself.

Skyword review by Consultant in Computer & Network Security
Consultant in Computer & Network Security

"Skyword editorial staff is one of the best"

What do you like best?

Outstanding sounding board to get ideas and assistance publishing articles that attract readership. The editorial staff is one of the best I've worked with as they get back to you quickly with areas you need help creating great content. They also provide a means to find other opportunities that match your experience with organizations that use Skyword for their content. You can write about your industry experience while getting increased global exposure increasing your brand and reputation. The platform also creates a uniqueness that expands your ability to share your content to other social media platforms.

What do you dislike?

Dependency on client approvals may take more time, can be slow. Also the platform needs improvement allowing HTML and JavaScript coding in a way Wordpress handles these. The spelling and grammar as well as access to the plagiarism tool should also be included. This would eliminate delays where the editors return content back to the authors to correct their writings. It is a big time saver and it also alleviates the work the editors do returning the work back to the authors under tight publication schedules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the aspiring writers of content this is a platform that is remarkable where many clients go to find the talent for their content and marketing purposes. Industry thought leaders will find a readership audience in their niche to provide the content they need. Also, freelancing independent consultants with many years of expertise will find giving back and contributing their knowledge and know how of immense value to their followers.

Contributing back to the industry with thought provoking articles while mentoring many others in the industry. It provides a great means to establish your credibility, brand and reputation. Organizations also find the talent with the experience they need to being on board helping them with their brand.

Skyword review by Becky L.
Becky L.

"Skyword is a great opportunity for freelance writers to enhance their visibility"

What do you like best?

Skyword provides an opportunity to have consistent work with brand recognition and for a freelancer, knowing that you can count on regular income each month is really nice. The editorial teams are great to work with and Skyword pays very market-competitive prices for content. I've loved working with Skyword so much over the past several years that I've referred them to several other freelancers. There are few content platforms that really stand out as offering good pay and good management, but Skyword is at the top.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, no complaints. I work on three different technology partner programs with Skyword and while each is structured slightly different, I've found the Skyword teams to all be highly professional to work with.

Skyword has provided me with an opportunity to contribute content for Fortune 500 companies under my own byline. Since I began writing with Skyword (over two years now!) I've seen a noticeable increase in my own visibility on social media sites where my Skyword content is posted. I truly believe writing for Skyword has enabled me to land more and better clients for my freelancing business due to this increased visibility of writing for high-profile companies.

Skyword review by Amanda K.
Amanda K.

"Skyword is "

What do you like best?

I own my own business, and have picked up freelance work from Skyword periodically over the past five years. The platform is simple to use, and Skyword Support is terrific if you ever run in to issues. Payments are automated, so freelancers always know when and how much they are getting paid.

What do you dislike?

It's not always easy to pick up additional work if you want it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great platform for both freelance writers as well as businesses looking to connect with the best in the business!

I am creating content for several small , midsize, and large businesses. I might have overlooked these businesses in my job searches previously, so the biggest benefit from the Skyword platform has been the chance to connect with businesses who share my values to create content I'm proud of.

Skyword review by John H.
John H.

"Mostly great"

What do you like best?

It's intuitive enough that you don't really need any training to use it. I love the assessment feature that helps me make sure I have the right # of words, keywords, grammar, etc. before I publish the content.

What do you dislike?

I've encountered a couple of problems using the tool. Luckily I've been able to find some workarounds. If I want a few images included in my blog content, it's more difficult than it needs to be to insert them into the text exactly where they need to go. Sometimes I can only attach one image, and other times it makes me crop an image for no apparent reason. I get around this by sending the content directly to the editors. I've also had issues where I hit "Save" and it makes me log back in, only to see that I've lost a lot of progress with what I wrote. This forces me to type my blog in a separate document, and then I run into formatting issues when trying to copy and paste the content over. I end up spending additional time reformatting before I can submit for review.

We publish at least one blog per month to convey major product updates, announcements, and general thought leadership pieces. Blogs are a critical part of our marketing strategy and Skyword is the platform we use to get our content out there!

Skyword review by Lee P.
Lee P.

"My Skyword experience"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Skyword are the editors and acccount executives I work with. Almost without exception, they are friendly, responsive and flexilble. They understand the needs and challenges of freelance contributors like myself and can be relied upon to assist with any issues that arise.

What do you dislike?

There are minor issues with the Skyword contributor dashboard. The spellcheck function is erratic (doesn’t always recognize names of clients), there appears to be no way to save “comments to reviewers” at bottom. Word count is faulty (shows that written article is ‘over’ the limit when the actual word count is less than the limit.)

As a freelance contributor, I am gratified to work with an array of small business clients affiliated with Skyword. I have been an active contributor to Skyword clients since 2014.

Skyword review by Brooke P.
Brooke P.

"Product Marketing Manger"

What do you like best?

Now that I finally understand the platform, ;-), I really like the platform. Compared to the shared Excel document for ideation and reviews, this is much much better. I think the editing tools in the platform work well, and I like the ability to send notes/ communicate directly with the contributing writers as well as the editorial manager.

The ability to monitor key words. tags, and links to social channels is key - and very user friendly.

The Skyword team is very professional, helpful, responsive and generally easy to work with!

What do you dislike?

There are still a couple of quirks in the platform - the "decline" button in ideas doesn't work, but I was informed of this.

The back button on the Ideas calednar has to be used, after reviewing an idea, hitting return, it would then go back to previous month, instead of month I was currently reviewing.

Skyword is helping us solve our challenge of producing an active industry blog with original content in a very niche, technical industry. This is helping us to position ourselves as thought leaders and a resource for perspectives on programmatic technology in the broadcast tv space.

Skyword review by User

"Content creation"

What do you like best?

Skyword's willingness to go the distance to learn the business. Our company is in health care so it's complicated, highly regulated and full of smart people with many advance degrees who aren't always the most patient creatures in the world. The are undaunted, undeterred and take feedback in stride and with a smile, even when they're blamed for something that results from the failings of our company and its culture.

What do you dislike?

The technology can be a little slow. I also think they could be a little more proactive in explaining not only their tech and methods, but also the philosophical drivers of the success their other clients have received. For their work to have the greatest impact, they need a hero on the inside. Or really, multiple. They would do themselves and their clients a favor making that clear from jump street.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for this kind of company, I think you'll be pleased with the care and attention Skyword takes from making sure they understand your company's direction and goals to demonstrating where they can help. Their eager to help. They will stay eager even after you sign the SOW. Simply, they're a good partner.

It's basic content marketing, to raise awareness, engagement, yada yada. Stories are beginning to resonate and rank on Google, which has value. It's early in the growth process but it is happening.

Skyword review by Angela T.
Angela T.

"Professional, Reliable Content Creation Platform"

What do you like best?

I've been working with Skyword as a freelance writer since 2011. The staff is personable and makes an effort to get to know the writers. I never feel like just another link in the chain when working via Skyword. I also appreciate the well-planned writing projects. From through writer's guidelines and accessible editors, to fair pay rates, Skyword really does offer a complete package for freelance writers looking to build both a name and income from their creativity.

What do you dislike?

Although I'm very satisfied with the process and opportunities at Skyword, it would be nice to have a little more transparency regarding the overall picture for each marketing campaign. It would be easier to schedule my workload if I knew how long a project was contracted to last.

I'm always looking for a consistent supply of writing work, and Skyword makes that possible. The Skyword portfolio feature makes it easy for their clients to browse potential writers and invite them to work on projects. I always know another project is coming down the pipeline if I keep my portfolio updated and my current work top notch.

Skyword review by Dave R.
Dave R.

"A great platform both for writers and clients looking for amazing writing"

What do you like best?

My experience with Skyword has been simply amazing. As a writer, they helped me expand my portfolio and grow my income. They pay great rates, provide clear instructions, and offer an incredibly user-friendly platform.

For companies looking for writers, Skyword offers a diverse marketing team that will take your business to the next level. I've had multiple clients say that our work is the best writing they've ever received and that's thanks to the Skyword system.

The Skyword team is also a pleasure to deal with and does a great job coordinating between their freelancers and clients. We've had a great 3 years working together and I look forward to continuing our partnership in the future.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning, it did take some time to receive my first project with Skyword. That's understandable because they receive a lot of applications from writers and you need to build a relationship before they trust you with bigger projects.

Once I showed off my abilities, the work has been very steady.

Skyword is the perfect way to bring together writers and clients. As a writer, you can spend so much of your week prospecting for work you don't have time to make a living. At the same time, companies don't always know where to find the best writers.

Skyword brings us together which means everyone is more effective. For me, that means less time on the phone cold calling and more time producing quality work for our clients.

Skyword review by Joe H.
Joe H.

"Wonderful platform for innovative marketing"

What do you like best?

These folks team up with the best content creators to curate effective strategies to showcase your brand while educating and entertaining your target audience.

What do you dislike?

If I had to pick one potential detractor, it would be the tough standards in place for content creators. While this certainly leads to incredibly high quality content, it can be difficult to adjust to when starting out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a great platform to build your profile and connect with industry leading clients, this is the place to do it. Top notch support staff too.

I've worked with other platforms in a similar vein and none had the high attention to detail as Skyword does. Additionally, their staff are super responsive to any and all communications. Pay for content is well above the average that I've seen in the industry and content creators are clearly valued members of the Skyword family. Not just resources.

Finally, the platform allows you to keep a current profile (much of which is kept up-to-date automatically) through which the staff is constantly reviewing to match your abilities with new clients. The result is an ever growing client list that you get to contribute to. In other words, they take the leg work out of keeping the work fresh and fun.

I'm a freelance content creator that helps Skyword clients reach their target audience in new and innovative ways. In doing so, I am able to build relationships with clients and help them build their brand.

Skyword review by Jessica W.
Jessica W.

"Skyword Makes My Life Easier"

What do you like best?

I love that I can work at my own pace. Pitch ideas and view my upcoming projects. It's a great platform. I love being able to see how much money I am earning and when it will be payed out to me. It makes it really easy to keep track of my schedule for upcoming assignments too!

What do you dislike?

I hate the way you add photos. It makes it really hard to keep scrolling up. I think that is suppose to fixed soon though. I also would like the due date shown in date form versus 1 month, 2 months, etc. I know you can see the date when you hover over it, but that isn't ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not sure what the back end it like for my employer, but on my end I would totally recommend it to other users who are in a similar situation.

I am able to blog for a huge brand and maintain a lot of control of my content. I can start and stop as I please. I can leave messages for them and pitch ideas when they come to me. It's super convenient for my schedule.

Skyword review by Kyle H.
Kyle H.

"Satisfied Long Time Contributor"

What do you like best?

Skyword is a freelancing content community that manages to put both content creators and clients, first. As a contributor, I've received fair rates, consistent and supportive editorial feedback, and a reliable string of opportunities to take advantage of . On the client side, I've seen brands receive large volumes of quality, personalized content coming from contributors who truly care about the stories they are telling.

What do you dislike?

Production schedules can be quick, usually ranging from 1 week to 1 month, which can be intense depending on the nature of the project you're working on. Editors are always happy to adjust schedules however, so this has only ever really proven to be a slight annoyance rather than a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to write for Skyword, make a concerted effort to develop relationships with your editorial team. The input and support they provide is by far one of the best services of the platform.

My contributor status with Skyword has allowed me to further my freelancing career by improving my skills, providing steady work, and giving me opportunities to work with big brands that expand my portfolio. The benefits have extended well beyond my work with Skyword, and have helped me land other consulting clients, full time positions, and speaking engagements.

Skyword review by Tania K. C.
Tania K. C.

"My Personal Experience With Skyword Media"

What do you like best?

I love working on the Skyword platform for a variety of reasons, one being the diversity of clients so I don't get into writer's burnout. The company makes great effort to match a writer with their clients' needs. Since my background is basically in education, parenting, lifestyle, and medical -- the content managers have placed me into companies in my niche areas. Each staff member works diligently with the writer to attain the best article or blog post for their client, and I have worked with many professional and friendly people for a number of years. I have learned and earned as Skyword has helped with my income needs as well.

What do you dislike?

There is not too much to dislike with Skyword. The platform and guidelines are easy to learn and navigate. Sometimes finding new writing jobs is slow, so It's imperative to keep your portfolio (provided by Skyword) up to date to obtain new work as clients use the database to find writers. Skyword does everything in their power to help both the freelance content writers and business clients.

I'm hoping to help clients with content materials for their blogs and websites.

Skyword review by Casey H.
Casey H.

"Great professional experience and opportunities"

What do you like best?

As a freelancer, the straightforward nature of the Skyword system is very attractive. The editors and strategists are communicative and responsive, the topics on which I've written so far are interesting, and the pay is fair and prompt.

What do you dislike?

On occasion, the assignments aren't very detailed, which leaves some question as to what the client expects from the piece. But so far, that hasn't posed a substantial problem for me and I have been able to interpret the direction of the piece without needing to do extensive edits or revisions. The only other drawback is not being able to use pieces in my portfolio, though I understand the logic behind this from the clients' perspectives.

Skyword offers opportunities to connect with clients in a streamlined, productive manner. It enables me to pursue new writing opportunities and focus on delivering high-quality work without chasing payments or having to deal with administrative tasks.

Skyword review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Interesting campaigns, great clients"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the fact that Skyword creates the marketing campaign in totality, so that I can get down to work. However, the option to pitch ideas to clients is a nice perk. Skyword's content creation and submission has helped me strengthen my SEO writing skills, which is priceless.

What do you dislike?

There tends to be a lack of communication when programs stall or falter, and it would be nice to be included in the loop, or at least given a timely heads-up that the client won't be offering work for a period of time, or is ending their program altogether. There also seems to be a lot of turnover internally; I've had Editorial Managers leave in the middle of campaigns three times, in the three years I've worked with Skyword.

I've been able to branch out into different types of writing, and been challenged to expand the breadth of my topic area. In a sense, writing for Skyword is like continuing education for writers.

Skyword review by Janelle C.
Janelle C.

"Skyword Makes Writing Writing a Breeze "

What do you like best?

The simplicity of writing. The platform makes it so easy to write. As a writer I've worked for many clients and Skywords platform is by far the best because it lays everything out for you. The layout and design makes content creation simple and easy to use. Other features I like are the social media integration, content scoring, SEO, Skyword Team

metadata tagging, Link blog feed to post directly to

ideation tool for sharing ideas, Content Creation, assessments, Content performance scale, portfolio creation, dynamic publishing calendar,layout,payment,workflow.

What do you dislike?

The spelling and grammar section needs to be fixed. It never works properly. I would like to be able to add different fonts as well. In addition to that, I would like to see the analytic section be a little restructured, as well as the ability to see your history when writing within the platform. I would also like to see more tips and suggestions within the help section. Other than that I think all of the features are A+.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skyword is an amazing company with an A+ team. The Skyword platform is easy to use and has amazing features that helps you get your work done efficiently. I would highly recommend Skyword to any company seeking clients as well as an freelance writer looking for work.

This question does not apply to me as a freelance writer. However, I feel that Skyword makes it easy for clients to quickly gain access to writers.

Skyword review by Christian  B.
Christian B.

"Excellent Collaboration and Product"

What do you like best?

Our Skyword team is incredibly responsive, professional, and knowledgable.

What do you dislike?

We don't have much to dislike in relation to our partnership.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Skyword team is more willing and able to be a true partner with you than most vendors I have worked with. They are patient, they listen well, and they truly want to see your team succeed. Allow them to take you on the journey of on-boarding. "Trust the process."

Skyword helps us develop content for our website. We partner from ideation to completion, with conversation and collaboration throughout the process.

Skyword review by Joshua C.
Joshua C.

"One of the best vendors I work with on a regular basis."

What do you like best?

Very responsive team that is always coming up with new ideas. Works with our team to meet our needs. Easy platform to work in, and simple to push through reviews.

What do you dislike?

Integration isn't seamless with their platform and all CMS–too many HTML characters and styles come through that don't mix with CMS rules. Editorial team doesn't do a great job of catching spelling and grammar mistakes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have all of your rules ready ahead of time to ease the set-up process. Also, reduce the levels of review that you have for content. Too many review levels make it difficult for content to get passed through.

The biggest business problem was to help drive organic search traffic to the website, which it has done a great job with. Also, want them the content to supplement other areas of focus including social, email, and consumer loyalty.

Skyword review by Executive Sponsor in Consumer Goods
Executive Sponsor in Consumer Goods

"Strategic approach for delivering on objectives. Strong platform and team. "

What do you like best?

Since the beginning of our relationship, the Skyword team has been very focused on helping us achieve our business objectives through strong content. Author recruitment and the editorial process are designed to support this. The team brings forward great analytics and recommendations for strategic improvement.

What do you dislike?

It is a complex process to ensure content is relevant and business building, and requires time and support from key players (like the legal team). It takes time to achieve results, and requires ongoing diligence. The Skyword team is great about acting in partnership throughout this journey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you develop your objectives up front, and get buy in from key stakeholders, including your executive and legal team.

As a brand, we are working to drive both broad awareness and positive equity with consumers through content. Website traffic has steadily grown, driven by upward trends in organic visits. And engagement rates with content are good, with content driving further exploration of our site.

Skyword review by Shahrzad W.
Shahrzad W.

"Would Highly Recommend Skyword"

What do you like best?

I love how easy the platform is to use. Creating content, adding media and ensuring SEO standards are met is incredibly easy. The system is constantly updated based on user feedback to make the process even better. I like that we can now chat directly with editors on specific assignments through the platform.

What do you dislike?

In earlier versions it was difficult to communicate with editors, but that has become much better recently. I think there's room for improvement in the contributor profile section. Links are often broken and info is missing that has to be entered manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love writing for clients through this platform and the support staff is amazing. Highly recommend to others.

Skyword makes it easy to connect with clients and create content.

Skyword review by Wendy H.
Wendy H.

"I am a self-employed contributor of articles for Skyword's ADP TotalSource program."

What do you like best?

I appreciate the detailed assignment briefs, responsive, flexible and organized editorial team and the article ideas -- which are well thought-out and timely.

What do you dislike?

Once in awhile on the platform, the software will say that the keyword wasn't used X number of times when it was, but overall, it's a very user-friendly platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform is an easy way for writers and editorial teams and clients to work together.

Not having to seek out and pitch clients, and not having to pitch ideas saves me lots of time and therefore increases my hourly rate. The benefits of having the Skyword team as 'middle men', so to speak, means I can concentrate on the creative end of the work, rather than the administrative or other time-consuming parts.

Skyword review by Paul M.
Paul M.

"Love working for this agency!"

What do you like best?

Skyword sends a constant stream of challenging assignments. If I email my editor a question, I receive an answer within 30 minutes, or less. The editors provide feedback that is easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Instead of showing a submission deadline in days, I prefer to see the deadlines shown as the actual date and time. I also find the process to track payments a little convoluted.

Working with Skyword challenges me to stay up-to-date on a broad range of topics. It also provides me with an online portfolio to share with prospective clients.

Skyword review by Megan W.
Megan W.

"Freelancer pleased by Skyword's platform"

What do you like best?

I've used many other freelance platforms in the past. Often they feel like content mills and devalue the freelancer's work. Skyword offers fair pay and diverse clients which make them a rewarding platform to work for.

What do you dislike?

As a freelancer, the work can be spotty at times. The first 6 months or so, I had consistent work. A few programs I'm working in halted content production so the company could catch up with the archive they'd accrued. The abundance of work started to lessen after the initial punch for content.

Having software that allows a business to take advantage of the freelance economy is valuable for many reasons. You don't have to employ part-time or full-time writers, rather you can utilize the resources as necessary.

Skyword review by Elizabeth W.
Elizabeth W.

"Helpful Platform For Contributors"

What do you like best?

I appreciate how easy it is to submit work. The platform speeds up the assignment and submission process, making it simpler for me to do my job. The individuals I've worked with on Skyword's team have also been extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a way for contributors to include their preferences for deadlines. I've been assigned deadlines at midnight on a Saturday night — that's not ideal!

I appreciate the transparency around each stage of the content creation process. From pitching through payment, I always know the status of every project. I also appreciate the built-in feedback on articles, especially the number of people who have read them. Being paid through Skyword's system is also a big plus.

Skyword review by Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.

"Great, but some technical improvements needed"

What do you like best?

-How easy it is to create new content

-The team at Skyword I work with

-Ease of reviewing content ideas

What do you dislike?

-Lose any code you add to the main content box, like YouTube embed code, CTAs...

-There seem to be some bugs.. like I can't see the text format toolbar at the top of the content box unless I scroll down past it and go back up, suggested tags work half of the time, the other half it says I have no content

-There could be more SEO assessment requirements that don't just focus on keywords

-A way for freelancers and internal writers to get their work edited and formatted correctly

Skyword review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Scale-able Quality Content Platform"

What do you like best?

I love that Skyword offers an all-in-one content platform that is scale-able, quality-focused and innovative. From ideation to amplification and even analytics, all content management can happen within the Skyword platform. The built-in SEO checklist gives me peace of mind that the content being created will work hard for me, and it does--the monthly keyword ranking report proves so.

What do you dislike?

For a program that leverages non-professional writers, it can feel a little clunky at times. The elements of the program that make it work for seasoned freelance writers can sometimes deter the average person from joining the content program (i.e. several step application, several step publication process, dual profiles).

Skyword helps us organize an army of brand ambassadors. Creating unique, local content that is of good quality isn't easy. The Skyword platform gives us a standard format for all articles and a set of program guidelines that keeps our content consistent.

Skyword review by Patricia C.
Patricia C.

"Fantastic platform for freelancers"

What do you like best?

The skyword teams I've worked with have been extremely responsive and helpful. The platform is easy to use and follow. The portfolio that is automatically updated has also been extremely helpful and a timesaver.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about skyword. The only thing I would like to see out of convenience is more reporting options, especially reports that can be exported in excel for earnings or published articles and pageviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a writer, have patience. It takes time to build up clients and be matched. Keep your portfolio updated even with personal blog articles so that you can be matched.

I have been a freelance writer since 2014. I work part-time, and skyword clients make up the bulk of my business. Tracking work is easy through the platform. Working with skyword and being matched with clients has allowed me to focus on paying work, rather than needing to spend a lot of my business time searching for new work. With 2 kids taking up the rest of my non-working time, my business would not be thriving the way it is today without skyword.

Skyword review by Cara S.
Cara S.

"Great resource for writers"

What do you like best?

Skyword helps me connect with real clients who are looking for my specific skill set. They make it easy to claim assignments, build articles and submit my work.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to be considered for more client assignments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Content is king and hiring the right people can help take your business where you want it to go. Skyword attracts professional writers, lets clients set their rates, and helps you find the best people with the right experience to help represent your brand.

As a writer with experience writing for three different Skyword clients so far, I'm impressed with their professional treatment of writers, their response time, and the way they help connect clients with writers and stay out of the equation to let everyone do what they do best.

The CMT is really top-notch -- I've worked with many content management tools over the years, both custom and out-of-the-box, and it's terrific how easy Skyword makes it to create, evaluate, and submit content. The evaluation step really saves time on the writer's end and it saves many editorial person-hours as well. The system is always on and available and rarely ever have I had an issue after years of contributing content. When I have had an issue, support has been there to resolve it quickly and efficiently with only one reach-out every time.

As a freelancer, I spend 30% of my time looking for new clients. Skyword lets me spend less time looking for clients and more time writing and earning a living!

Skyword review by Evan W.
Evan W.

"The most writer-friendly client I've ever worked with."

What do you like best?

Access to big-name clients and pay that ranges from fair to way more than fair.

What do you dislike?

"Dislike" is a pretty strong word since I haven't had a complaint with the company that wasn't understandable from a rational standpoint. That said, their business model is such that, when a client is getting ready to drop from a program you're part of, they can't really tell you until the relationship has ended - this can make for a scary situation where you're scrambling to make up for a hole in your income.

That said:

1. It's pretty much the exact same way directly dealing with clients: Usually they aren't going to go "well, we are going to drop you in X weeks, so prepare."

2. I've worked with this company in some capacity or another for going on five years now and have only had this happen in a way that seriously impacts my revenue twice.

So maybe that's more a knock on the nature of the business than anything? I don't know.

Finding clients. Having to help develop the style of content they want - instead of reaching out and "starting from scratch" with new clients, so to speak, Skyword does all that early legwork and has you write. I like the ability to shape content with the people I'm working with but it's also nice to just sit down and do an article.

Skyword review by Kyleigh R.
Kyleigh R.

"The gold standard for content creation services from a writer's standpoint"

What do you like best?

Skyword helps me find amazing clients. I don't have to market myself, and they maintain a portfolio to display my past work. They handle payment, they provide editing services, the platform is easy to use, and the tech support has been exceptional. All of the managers have been helpful and responsive. I feel extremely fortunate to be a part of this organization.

What do you dislike?

First, it was hard to get started. I think I was a member of Skyword for a year before I was offered a program.

Second, I do wish there was a better system for feedback. Sometimes when I look at the published form of the content I submitted, it's almost unrecognizable from what I wrote. A few lines about why the changes were made could help me improve in future articles.

Along that same vein, when a relationship with a client changes, I'd appreciate more understanding of the situation, whether I, as a writer, wasn't a good fit, or if the client decided to go another direction, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't know if I solve problems, per se.

The benefits for me personally have been many. I have learned a lot about many health-related topics, I have improved my writing and researching style and I have earned supplemental income. Win-win-win.

Skyword review by Allison P.
Allison P.

"Skyword Review"

What do you like best?

I have been fortunate enough to be a Skywriter for more than three years. It's been a wonderful and educational experience, and I enjoy writing informational pieces that can help others. The flexibility and direction provided by the Skyword team is beyond compare, in the world of freelance/contract writing, and I would recommend Skyword to anyone!

What do you dislike?

I would have to dig deep to think of things I don't like about working for Skyword. I suppose that my only constructive criticism would be to be careful of the keyword/phrase required, and how that word/phrase would word in a sentence. For example, when assigned the keyphrase "how to teach employees to sleep better", that is a difficult phrase to work into a sentence, between two and six times. That would be the ONLY thing that I would suggest, and I won't even say I dislike it. It's merely a challenge that needs to be worked around!

As a writer for Skyword, I enjoy creating content that benefits small business owners, while offering unique and informative suggestions to positively impact business and the workforce.

Skyword review by Derek B.
Derek B.

"I work with Skywoard as a contributor"

What do you like best?

Working with Skyword provides an opportunity to share facts and insights from my research.

From my perspective, it's designed to be a win/win situation:

- Vendors get interesting content from qualified sources

- My research and insights get exposure to a wider audience

- It's good for my personal brand

- The modest compensation sweetens the pot

What do you dislike?

Variable compensation provides a greater incentive to work with some vendors - and a disincentive to work with others

Some vendors take impossibly long to review, approach, and publish the content that I worked so hard on - regardless of whether or not I was compensated, no one wants to see their hard work hidden in the dark

Recommendations to others considering the product

B2B marketing is fueled by fresh, relevant content - few companies can provide that entirely on their own. Skyword provides a simple, scalable solution to that challenge.

Visibility and exposure for research and insights

Support for company brand and personal brand

Skyword review by Elizabeth H.
Elizabeth H.

"Skyword is an outstanding content marketing solution."

What do you like best?

As a technology and digital marketing writer for top global brands, I've had the chance to work with some of the world's leading agencies. Skyword's team and platform are second to none. Their integrated approach to content strategy, extremely talented and professional editorial team, and easy to use platform make working with them a pleasure. Perhaps more importantly, I've been so impressed with their consistent delivery of high quality content at both a volume and velocity that brands need to stay competitive. A strong tech-powered production process is critical to successful content marketing, and Skyword offers that - along with high quality writers and a strong editorial team.

What do you dislike?

Frankly, nothing. Of the different solutions that I've seen, Skyword manages to deliver one of the best consistently great experiences in the industry. However, they're constantly improving the platform all the time and new features like a better idea submission workflow are solving problems I didn't even know that I had.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've worked directly with clients that leverage the platform, and as part of full service programs that use editorial. I'd highly recommend brands considering a content marketing solution to consider the full-service option. The highest levels of value come from vision at the content strategy level and editorial oversight, combined with access to Skyword's freelance community and tech-based production process. The most important thing when you're putting together a content marketing program isn't cost, it's results. I have clients that I've worked with for years who have stayed with Skyword -- and that tells me they're generating the results needed. For freelance writers, I'd highly recommend creating a portfolio. They're a pleasure to work with and can introduce you to some fascinating clients!

As a freelance contributor, my work focuses on two things: helping brands tell their stories, connecting brands to their customers and driving sales. Especially in the sometimes complex fields of technology and marketing, my ability to drive these results for clients is only as good as the team I'm working with. From the editorial vision and polish at Skyword to a smooth production process, they make it possible across numerous accounts with ease. As a writer, they make it easier for me to have a real impact and reduce the stresses associated with this field on an everyday basis.

Skyword review by Megan W.
Megan W.

"Every specialized brand writer should be on this platform..."

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can connect with brands that would normally be inaccessible to individual writers. Being a part of enterprise writing teams has taught me a lot about content strategy and even refining my voice for a broader audience.

Bi-weekly pay is great too.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I'd like is to be able to contact other brands directly or apply directly to other teams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a writer, it's a no-brainer.

I consult small and medium-sized companies building out content presences. Any business looking to build a more organized and automated content presence should consider this solution.

I help B2B healthcare tech companies create online content that generates leads.

Skyword review by Thomas S.
Thomas S.

"A great tool that can sometimes be a bit overcomplicated"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Skyword is that it allows for us to easily communicate with our writers, edit the content, and then get it published to our site and blog.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how things can be overcomplicated and a bit tedious to implement. For example, when an author would decline a post, it would end up going out of the queue and I wouldn't be able to see it anymore, requiring me to then go through a long process just to get is reassigned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure that the software isn't going to be overkill for your own needs. Skyword works for us because we have a ton of content being produced every week from multiple writers, all of which need to be paid differently and individually assigned. We also require all of our content to be approved by a legal team, go through an editor, and then be published, meaning that we need a system that allows for us to pass content through multiple steps. We also are publishing content to different pages on our site as well as a subdomain that is using Wordpress.

I would say that if you can't make use of most of these features, the system might be overly complicated for your company since it does require quite a bit to set up and maintain, but it is well worth the effort if you already have a complicated content management system.

We have a large number of writers, a multiple step process for getting content approved and published, and multiple locations where content needs to go live. Skyword has allowed for us to easily streamline this system and keep everything organized.

Skyword review by Christa M.
Christa M.

"Easy to use, collaborative, flexible and organized"

What do you like best?

I like how it can be customized for our use. We can adjust the editorial calendar, the external reviewers and the online reviewers for the platform. We have the ability to restrict accesses and views to accommodate our needs. We held a training on the platform, but because of it's ease of use, most internal partners were able to grasp on quickly. It's made our process so much easier internally.

What do you dislike?

We have a lot of "traditional" approvers, and it would be great to export the data or the content articles. It would also be great to edit the status of the article from an internal standpoint instead of having to keep an external spreadsheet of the articles to stay organized. It would be great to send the editorial calendar for review through the platform as well.

We are solving our collaboration issues and are able to work together from all aspects of our business divisions. We have multiple marketing teams and this allows us to work together. We can add in product launches and upcoming events on the calendar so they can develop content around it. It's wonderful!

Skyword review by Natalie E.
Natalie E.

"Currently reponsible for managing all content that comes through the Skyword pipeline. "

What do you like best?

The Skyword team we work with is great - they have really invested themselves in understanding Videa's unique value in the marketplace. They've done a great job communicating our overarching goals and vision to the contributors.

What do you dislike?

There have been some technical issues we've experienced with the platform itself. Although the tech team is quick to respond to our needs, the same issues have resurfaced an more than one occasion (ie. issues with Amplify functionality / Publishing Calendar) I'm the primary user in our office and I've never gotten formal training on Skyword's various functions - I've had to teach myself. So certain things that I may escalate as an issue (ie. discovering that articles don't automatically publish to our social sites when they've been transmitted) could be a matter of adjusting settings. I would highly recommend having Skyword tutorials (could be focused on certain features and offered quarterly or monthly). I'd find these very helpful as I came on board after Skyword was initially implemented and was not able to benefit from any training sessions that may have been available. It would help ensure users are well aware of any feature upgrades, setting options, etc. that may not be obvious unless explained.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure if you get a walk through or official training of the platform so that you are well versed in its capabilities.

Videa is revolutionizing the way TV advertising is bought and sold today via an automated solution. Our positioning is unique in the fact that we must tailor our messaging to two different audiences - inventory sellers (broadcast stations) and advertising agencies (media buyers).

Skyword review by Aman M.
Aman M.

"Great Platform for Content Marketing"

What do you like best?

The ability to control content and build in checkpoints is the best part about the platform. For a complex organizations such as our, it becomes very tiring to manage approvals and publishing process simplified.

The ability to define processes upfront give us the capability to stream line them and take the pain out of multiple point approvals and feedback.

Also the ability to control submissions etc allow complete control over the platform.

What do you dislike?

We are new to using the platform and so far there is not much to Dislike. The team is eager to please and works with you on every challenge with great enthusiasm and problem solving mindset. The dislike for me would be the fact that the analytics are not as strong as I would like them to be.

Would love to dig deeper into analytics and understand how we have moved the needle if any.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We evaluated some other companies in the field and Skyword was an absolute winner. Skyword has a few things going for them selves.

1) Professional folks

2) Not the best but consistently growing database of contributors

3) Great understanding of content marketing

4) Easy to use platform

5) Right checks and balances in place on the platform as far as validation and approvals are concerned

6) Great team with the correct business acumen and problem solving mindset

As faced by many businesses there are challenges in todays's advertising environment. Consumers are getting overloaded with communications, ads and other solicitations. Content marketing for us helps break that noise and hopefully establish us in the industry as thought leaders.

Skyword review by Gagandeep K.
Gagandeep K.

"Clear, concise and straightforward content "

What do you like best?

Clear and concise brief timely payment. Usually, the brief is very clear which ensures that the content doesn't require too many iterations. Regular interaction with the editor takes care of the doubts if any. It is a pleasure working with Skyword. Generally, freelancers suffer because of follow-ups for payments but with Skyword payments are timely and don't require any follow-ups.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the platform is very complicated because of additional fields like image carousel, image caption, meta title, HTML title etc. Besides, once or twice it has happened that the content had to be resubmitted because of technology issue the tech platform HReworking content because tech probs

I am a contributor for them.

Skyword review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Responsive team committed to program success"

What do you like best?

Organization of all assets, flexible publishing calendar, ability to customize workflows, new ideation tool

What do you dislike?

The platform isn't very visually appealing. I know its design is robust on the back end, which is what I'm most concerned about. But the skin could use a little love.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skyword is more committed to the success of your program than any other vendor I've worked with or considered. They're incredibly strategic and understand your business needs. The platform is continually improving to back up and match the service they provide through human interaction.

Although our pageviews have been down slightly, we have seen more consistent traffic to our online store through text links in the articles. We've also been able to broaden our content topics as a brand, though our audience seems to be slow in expecting those new content subjects from us.

Skyword review by Corey K.
Corey K.

"Easy to use platform"

What do you like best?

The skyword platform is user friendly. It's easy to link text and to upload photos. There's really no learning curve to speak of.

What do you dislike?

At one time, I received notification in the activity feed and via email when a pitch idea was rejected. I no longer get those, and it would be helpful for understanding the status of my work. Explanations for rejections would also be helpful in tailoring future pitches.

I am helping two clients - MasterPass and Reader's Digest - reach consumers, with varying goals. I support the sales of products, and hopefully entertain and educate consumers simultaneously, for MasterPass. I educate and inform consumers of multiple issues, ranging from health to book reviews, for Reader's Digest. Both types of writing are a blast. I find my work through the Skyword platform to be very rewarding.

Skyword review by Thiago C.
Thiago C.

"difficulties at first, but good times later"

What do you like best?

Fairness, direct approach, excellent team, confiability in payment

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I would like to write more on an article and there is a limit on words number. And also the SEO - I think that it may turn the text a little boring.

But I understand the reason both things exists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skyword is really dedicated to make the right content for the the right public.

I'm writing for Waze, trying to solve problems for advertising agencies using that plataform. For me it has been an amazing experience that opened several doors.

I'm getting real good responses from the market.

Skyword review by Maureen W.
Maureen W.

"My favorite freelance writing connection!"

What do you like best?

The Skyword platform is very easy to use, no training required. The staff and editors are easy to get along with and do their job well. The steady work through clients that hire Skyword is great! I have used other platforms and have had negative experiences with misunderstanding workflow and pushy editors. Skyword is my favorite site that helps me do my job as a freelance writer.

What do you dislike?

Delayed payment is a bit frustrating but not a big deal (twice a month after the piece is accepted).

Finding clients is the hardest part of being a freelance writer. You have to write for someone, afterall! Skyword connects me with businesses that need content and need it regularly. I don't have to manage the relationship with the business - Skyword is my favorite middle man!

Skyword review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Writing and Editing
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Writing and Editing

"Handy tool for preparing SEO content"

What do you like best?

The grading system and structure make it easy to create content that fit SEO parameters and understand where edits are required. Readability scores also helpful, although I'm not sure what my target should be.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to understand some of the SEO requirements. Whenever I need info to help me understand a requirement for say, tags or meta data, (How many tags should I choose? for example) I have to leave the page and make sure I saved. Would prefer pop-up tutorials. In the tag pulldown, every time you choose a tag you have to start scrolling down again from the top to find another on.

Helping potential users understand business problems and how tech can solve them. The tool helps me help brands develop SEO-optimized content appropriate for their audience.

Skyword review by Lorna H.
Lorna H.

"A topnotch platform from which to contribute"

What do you like best?

As a writer for multiple media content companies, I can honestly say that Skyword offers a topnotch platform from which to contribute. Not only is their online security the best I’ve seen, the draft page is easy to navigate, and in few clicks, you can promote your completed articles (and yourself) all over the Web.

What do you dislike?

Although the draft page is easy to use, it could benefit from a cleaner look, an option to view your in-progress article as it will appear live, and a more diverse image library.

Today's content writer puts brands on the map with a friendly voice that speaks to their clientele demographic. Writing for organized companies like Skyword takes the "backstage" work out of the equation, so that you can focus solely on each client's literary needs.

Skyword review by Rita C.
Rita C.

"Great online content platform"

What do you like best?

As a freelance writer, I like Skyword's ease of use in creating and editing content. Skyword's Help line always returns emails promptly. I also appreciate the types of clients Skyword offers and have been fortunate to work with interesting clients that fit my content specialty areas.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to see which other content clients Skyword works with, so that I can better tailor my portfolio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Skyword to other freelance content writers.

I appreciate clients who come to me with ideas rather than having to generate a bunch of ideas that may end up going nowhere.

Skyword review by Laure J.
Laure J.

"The Best at Matching Writer's Skills to Client Needs"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Skyword is that they have a great pool of writers and they take the time to match qualified writers with each client's company and needs.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of a single thing that has been unpleasant in my experience with Skyword.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skyword is great at helping you get your website where you want it to be. Whether you know exactly what you want, or you just know you need something for your site but don't know what, they'll help you out.

Content creation is always a problem because running a business takes so much time and effort, there is simply no time to sit down and do keyword research, come up with ideas, and write copy. Skyword handles all that.

Skyword review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Great team behind Skyword makes content creation easy"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the editorial team's responsiveness and willingness to secure solid, seasoned writers who can get the job done well, on time and on budget.

What do you dislike?

I wish payment were a little higher for some of the more photo and job-specific pieces- such as recipe development/testing and interviewing multiple subjects per piece. Other content platforms seem to consistently pay more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With a roster of experienced editors, Skyword is the go-to source for securing talented content providers, whether photographers, recipe developers, or writers. It's a one-stop-shop that ticks all the boxes and works as hard for your brand as you do.

I'm a writer, so it seems I"m helping my editors solve a problem. The benefits are working with talented folks throughout the US who are supportive of conscientious writers who meet deadlines and fact check work.

Skyword review by Boris B.
Boris B.

"Outstanding experience"

What do you like best?

The project workflow is seamless. Payments are always on time!

What do you dislike?

Nothing specific - everything works fine!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Skyword platform for all types of visual content production.

Skyword team handles communication on client' side so I could focus on what I do best - creative concepts, design, and illustration! This makes the whole work process easier.

Skyword review by Gary W.
Gary W.

"Skyword Succeeds"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, intuitive interface for the most part.

What do you dislike?

I have trouble figuring out how to leave a comment on a highlighted section of text.

There's a bug when you copy a title from Word and try to paste into the article headline it defaults into an error message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like any platform, you get out of what you put into it. Make sure to populate important areas for contributors such as style guides, audiences etc. so the foundations of your content marketing program are widely distributed and easily accessed.

Content marketing management system, I'm on the contributor side of the equation. It's a good communication platform between editors and writers, it easy to see the assignments and deadlines.

Skyword review by Carolyn H.
Carolyn H.

"Freelance writer"

What do you like best?

I love the quality of the clients and assignments. They pay well and on time, and the work itself is enjoyable. Skyword editors are also very communicative and easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

I wish I received more clients through the platform. I only have one now but know my experience could match others as well.

I'm solving the issue of finding clients, which can be time-consuming. Having that time to dedicate to the work improves the end product's quality overall.

Skyword review by Stephanie V.
Stephanie V.

"Skyword Content Marketing Platform"

What do you like best?

Skyword's customer service is outstanding. If there's ever an issue or question, they respond within hours -- if not -- minutes. The team is also receptive to feedback for ways to improve the platform. One platform feature I like best is the ease of finding and paying freelance writers all within the platform.

What do you dislike?

It's hard for me to find something I don't like about Skyword. If I had one minor dislike, it would be that the Review Queue can be a bit overwhelming. It might be nice to have more filtering or search options.

Improved quality content creation. Using more freelancers to write content takes a large burden off of our clinical marketing team.

Skyword review by Catie M.
Catie M.

"Great writers and quick output"

What do you like best?

I like the people and team that we work with and the talented work they provided on quick timelines. They are also dependable and easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

The platform interface could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Skyword to companies or individuals who are interested in expanding or building their content marketing library and platform. They have a wide range of writers who will meet almost any industry need.

We are using Skyword to create thought leadership lifestyle content for our financial services company in order to build trust with our clients.

Skyword review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"ADP Thrive"

What do you like best?

Access to their writers. The Skyword platform itself is easy to navigate.

Skyword is helping us execute our content marketing strategy, which we could never do with our limited internal resources.

At the start, the team was very helpful in getting us aligned and off the ground. They invested a ton of time beyond their remit (including helping create a video about our new platform for a sales conference in very short order).

What do you dislike?

Some technology / digital issues linger (e.g., photo size). Also, although newly introduced, their Storynomics needs to filter down into the actual posts we publish. Lastly, it would be great if they had a headline editor that focused on helping us create compelling, attention-grabbing headlines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore whether your content stays exactly within your value proposition / product set or could extend beyond it to get more traffic to your site. We've had lots of discussions about that questions.

Building more relevant brand awareness.

Our brand has been introduced to new readers, many of whom are returning to site.

Skyword review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Helpful resource for accessing network of writers and video producers"

What do you like best?

Easy to work with, affordable for us. They integrated their API with an existing platform we use internally for local UW's

What do you dislike?

The talent is probably not the best out there, but it's workable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would really consider what you're using it for, whether you are looking for more SEO-optimized content or whether you want content that will tell a broader story that users will connect with. I'd also make sure to really discuss priorities and organizational objectives with their team when you are getting set up so they match the right storytellers with you to meet your needs. Overall it's a great resource but I think we wasted some money on content that we won't be using/haven't used, although that is probably partially on us and not entirely on Skyword and their team of writers/producers. Just be sure to get that clear before you sign any contracts.

Content marketing, search and organic traffic to our website to generate leads, activate supporters around calls to action.

Skyword review by Benjamin E. J.
Benjamin E. J.

"Exclusive High Quality Content Generation"

What do you like best?

As a freelancer, sometimes it's hard to break into high-profile client offerings. Skyword's clients are some of the best-known companies.

What do you dislike?

I think Skyword could use a better messaging system between clients and contractors. For articles, I think it would be nice to have a per-assignment chat available to discuss it.

Finding well-paying, high-profile, and high-visibility clients can be difficult. I believe at least one new client has discovered me because of having produced content through Skyword.

Skyword review by Andrew R.
Andrew R.

"An Industry-Leading Content Management Platform"

What do you like best?

SkyWord has excellent customer service, great tech, and a team of committed professionals who can solve a variety of problems creatively.

What do you dislike?

The SkyWord platform interface has some limitations and usability issues, but new releases are always coming out that help improve the experience each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform is excellent, but even better are the dedicated team of people behind the platform.

We work with B2B audiences, so we're looking to create unique experiences for business owners through engaging content. We've realized excellent results with SkyWord helping to lead our content marketing efforts, including an industry-leading blog, unique pieces of interactive content, videos, and a lot more.

Skyword review by User in Internet

"A robust and easy to use content creation platform"

What do you like best?

Skyword is an excellent all-in-one content creation platform where writers, editors, and content marketers can synchronize their work. As a writer, I find it incredibly helpful to have all the resources I need (editorial guidelines, SEO analyzer tool, image library, etc) in one place. If I have a question for the tech support team, they respond with a helpful answer right away.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about the platform, but it is worth noting that there's a small learning curve when you're just getting started. Once you understand the basics, it's quite easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend getting a full trial of the product and making sure that it meets the needs of your content marketing program. From my perspective, it's quite customizable and can be configured to meet whatever requirements you may have. The best way to ensure success with an software implementation such as this one is to do some internal work beforehand to make sure you know exactly what you need, exactly what you want, and come prepared with questions for the team to answer. I have always found them knowledgeable and hard-working. If for some reason they don't have an answer to your particular question, you can bet that they will find it for you.

I've been able to work with fantastic editors on a host of articles that I truly enjoyed writing. The people I work with at Skyword are very professional, on top of their game, and a pleasure to collaborate with.

Skyword review by User in Defense & Space
User in Defense & Space

"Easy-to-Use Content Management"

What do you like best?

I've found Skyword to be an extremely easy-to-use content management system. You can easily follow your analytics/metrics within your dashboard. I also like how you're able to easily see the status of your submitted articles right on your dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Can sometimes be glitchy, especially when it comes to spelling/grammar checks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use content management system that allows for effective communication between parties.

I use this platform as a freelance writer for a national magazine. It allows for easy, two-way communication between myself and my editor.

Skyword review by Jay M.
Jay M.

"Skyword Makes Publishing At Scale Easy "

What do you like best?

I like the technology and the team. The potential to do anything is available with Skyword. The team will help you define your program, what will be written about, they will recruit authors. Then the magic starts. The system allows for all the hard work in managing freelancers to be avoided. They edit content to a high standard based on my company's editorial guidelines, they do seo check, plagiarism check, they publish the content and then they pay the freelancers.

What do you dislike?

Skyword has met my needs and has delivered on everything I have been looking to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to understand the landscape and compare apples to apples. There are a lot of players that say they are in the content marketing space but not all do what Skyword does.

Creation of original content to be published on a blog that covers countries all over the word.

Skyword review by Elisa J.
Elisa J.

"Amazing Platform"

What do you like best?

This is an excellent platform. When I was writing on XoJane, it was so easy to communicate with editors and pitch ideas! I wish every publication used Skyword. It would be much easier!

What do you dislike?

Nothing, except I don't know how to use Skyword now that XoJane is no longer accepting material.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have any recommendations, extremely simple to use.

Its just the perfect way to pitch multiple pitches at once. Really excellent.

Skyword review by Sharon L.
Sharon L.

"Using Skyword to Manage Regional Bloggers"

What do you like best?

I love that we can onboard our own bloggers as well as have access to a network of available bloggers. The platform is easy to use, and I find the in-person (or email) support that we get from client services.

What do you dislike?

Some of our regional bloggers don't know how to get started. Clearer process once you are log in would be great. Maybe numbering the tabs? Or a short 2 or 3 minute video when someone starts for the first time.

Engaging bloggers across the country once they get onboarded and keeping them interested.

Skyword review by Diane F.
Diane F.

"Working for a dream firm"

What do you like best?

I like the editorial team I work with. Also like being able to give feedback on assignments. For example, if I know something is old or overdone news, I can pass that on to the team, and we can figure out a better assignment.

What do you dislike?

Can't cut/paste from Word. Would like to have spell check show as I'm typing like in Word. That would cut out a step in the submission process.

Working with Skyword lessens the amount of time I spend marketing. The pay may be lower than other gigs, but the work is steady, which makes up for the gap.

Skyword review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Innovative, but process isn't the best and length of time is too long."

What do you like best?

it's an innovative platform with lots of promise.

What do you dislike?

it's clunky, so we ended up taking the topics review part of the process outside the tool and manage it through Excel. There also isn't a client view that is separate from Skyword's internal view.

It also takes a long time for Skyword to move articles through the Queue, which means some articles become outdated. Id like to see us get faster at breaking news and posting about industry news immediately even if it's just a high-level blurb with more to come.

Recommendations to others considering the product

get crisp on your goals and expectations of the partnership. Establish and streamline process from the beginning. Don't create different stand-alone blogs for each persona. create one blog that the personas can self-identify with - this will simplify the process and ensure you're able to get better tracking, better know your audience and ensure that articles that are relevant for all personas get viewed by all personas. This will also help with SEM.

We are positioning our company as an industry thought leader and our targeted branded-blogs with topics that are relevant to our personas helps us to do so.

Skyword review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Skyword Platform"

What do you like best?

Editorial support- the team feels like an extension of our own. They've taken time to join education sessions with our SME's to better understand the subject matter we'd like to cover. They are receptive to constructive criticism through ideation.

What do you dislike?

Publishing quirks and inability to send reminder notification for articles sitting in any particular queue for an extended amount of time. Having to go back in and add links and republish when we extend a content series. Having to delete author posts if we remove a contributor to our site for competitive reasons.

Our blog strategy was among the first solid strides we made when adapting to a more persona-driven marketing strategy. The blogs continue to perform above benchmarks driving net new traffic to our brand.

Skyword review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Skyword is a great platform to work on. Easy to use it offers a robust solution to creating web con"

What do you like best?

Skyword’s CMS Is awesome. Easy to use and access. It makes filing simple. Also offers easy to use photo library. One of the best CMS I’ve used.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a lull in the workload. Would like to have more opportunities.

The editors are easy to work with. I have been able to expand my work portfolio meaningfully as a result of my content creation for Skyword clients.

Skyword review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Forward 2017 review"

What do you like best?

Very impressed with the targeted sessions held during Forward 2017, particularly on creating content that is interactive and specific to your audience. The Samsung omni-channel and creative sessions were insightful, humorous and engaging. Well done!

What do you dislike?

I recommend larger rooms - some of the sessions were standing room only. However, I view this as a good problem, given how popular those tracks were.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Based on what I've experienced thus far, the content is top-notch and specific to different industries and audiences.

it's critical to bring your audience in with targeted content that is created specifically for your clients' needs. A generic approach won't work, and it was helpful to see evidence of this during Forward 2017.

Skyword review by Caroline E.
Caroline E.

"Great to work with"

What do you like best?

I have worked with them for a variety of clients

What do you dislike?

There's a learning curve to the software

It makes it easier to find work without pitching each individual company.

Skyword review by Pamela W.
Pamela W.

"Skyword's easy-to-use writing platform"

What do you like best?

Being able to write for a variety of industries on topics I like

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the photo choices to accompany articles are limited.

It's been a great help in my freelance writing career and enabled me to have a lot of good samples to show for my work.

Skyword review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Top notch content agency"

What do you like best?

The quality of the clients as well as of the editing. I feel that the work is highly valuable to readers and to the clients.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike. The company is very well run.

Skyword is a great platform for freelancers because it helps connect you to brands who need writers. This saves me time with my own marketing efforts.

Skyword review by Chuck L.
Chuck L.

"I've had a great experience with Skyword's easy-to-use platform and terrific staff"

What do you like best?

Platform is very intuitive and accessible, with everything you need to know in front of you.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. My overall experience with Skyword, as a contributor/content creator, has been VERY good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Platform's ease-of-use is second to none. I've contributed content through other agency platforms, but nobody can match the intuitive, user-friendly nature of the Skyword platform. As a writer/contributor, it makes my life easier with all the data I could want, and more.

I write stories that connect my client's brands with their audiences.

Skyword review by Consultant in Higher Education
Consultant in Higher Education

"Copywriter"

What do you like best?

I love so many things about the platform. Its great that it shows where your submission is in the review process. Allows you to easily access the style guide of which company you are writing about. It also makes it easy to directly ask the editor questions rather than communicating with outside emails. It's a great service.

What do you dislike?

Recently there have been some bugs for me when submitting ideas. I wish it was easier to find new clients through the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's an amazing platform, especially for companies searching for freelancers. It's a quality database that makes working with contractors easy and straightforward.

I use it on a freelance basis, so this question doesn't really apply to me.

Skyword review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet

"Efficient and professional content creation firm"

What do you like best?

Skyword makes work as low-impact as possible, and puts a priority on communication with writers. Writers are given freedom to pursue topics in the way they think will be best.

What do you dislike?

Time to payment and time to publication can lag due to lengthy approval times from both Skyword and most clients.

Writing for business professionals to help them manage their HR issues.

Skyword review by Erin Coleman, R.
Erin Coleman, R.

"Skyword"

What do you like best?

Skyword is an excellent company to work for, allows access to top clients, and treats employees extremely well. The content Skyword provides is top quality.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Skyword -- I just wish I could write more articles for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an excellent company to work for, and provides the highest quality content.

I'm a writer with excess to numerous clients (to write for) each month through the Skyword platform.

Skyword review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Skyword is worth your time and effort"

What do you like best?

Skyword provides an great opportunity for content creators to work on a project basis.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if Skyword made it easier to sign up for new programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Focus on subjects and projects that suit your area of expertise.

Skyword has enabled me to use my background and experience in technology journalism and apply it

to writing projects for a variety of tech companies.

Skyword review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Love Working with Skyword"

What do you like best?

Skyword is great! The system is very easy to navigate and the editors that freelancers work with are thorough and helpful every step of the way. The clients that Skyword works with are also top notch.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I really enjoy working with Skyword.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No other recommendations. This is great!

I'm helping clients create better written products for websites and other pieces.

Skyword review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Skyword Contributor Review"

What do you like best?

The editors and content managers at Skyword are great to work with. The platform is very user-friendly and although it has changed over the years, it's become more efficient and flexible.

What do you dislike?

I would sometimes like more feedback from clients and editors about how I can improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skyword is a professional community that I am happy to work with as a freelancer.

I'm able to find freelance writing opportunities that match my skill set in a highly efficient manner. Since I've started working with Skyword, I haven't needed to solicit additional freelance work, which frees up my time to focus on writing.

Skyword review by User in Political Organization
User in Political Organization

"Incredibly High Cost for Very Mediocre Service and Product "

What do you like best?

Platform is intuitive. That is honestly the only thing I like about it.

What do you dislike?

Cost is exorbitant and writing is average at best. Plus, there was so much turnover in my account team that no one seemed to have good familiarity with my firm or its needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that this product is VERY expensive and that most members of the account team are very junior.

We needed to create content on a consistent basis, but the price (and the constant vendor-team turnover) were not worth it.

Skyword review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Marketing and Advertising
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Marketing and Advertising

"I've worked with Skyword as a contributor for a number of outlets."

What do you like best?

I like that everything is in one place and it's easy to stay up to date on status of submissions.

What do you dislike?

I've had a few little glitches lately - but overall I've found the platform easy to use.

I use Skyword as a freelance contributor.

Skyword review by Consultant in Financial Services
Consultant in Financial Services

"Skyword - Modern Storytelling at its Best "

What do you like best?

Skyword has an easy to use content platform that helps its writers enhance SEO/social practices to extend audience reach, establish empathy for readers and build followings. The editors are very knowledgeable on subject matter as well as digital storytelling best practices. A great group.

What do you dislike?

As a writer I haven't encountered any problems working on the platform.

It has helped me to build my consultancy as a writer and editor -- connecting me with a broader group of firms spanning different industries.

Skyword review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Our best performing content is from Skyword"

What do you like best?

It's an easy call to recommend Skyword, because there results speak for themselves. From original blog content created by subject matter experts to both live action and animated videos, the content we've created in partnership with Skyword has outperformed all other content.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any negative experiences. Skyword has been easy to work with on all fronts.

Content Marketing. Skyword content has contributed valuable media, both written and video, to support our content marketing efforts across the enterprise.

Skyword review by Jasmine H.
Jasmine H.

"Very comprehensive software!"

What do you like best?

Sophisticated, contextual grammar and spell check.

SEO checker.

Ease-of-use.

What do you dislike?

SEO checker can be a pain if poor keywords are assigned. However, that's not really a software issue--more of a user error when it occasionally comes up.

Skyword allows me to efficiently create high-quality content for clients and turn in work with minimal grammatical/formatting/SEO errors.

Skyword review by John W.
John W.

"works great. "

What do you like best?

the platform and insight from the team on my companies unique request.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any complaints regarding Skyword.

create content to use on our existing and soon to be new site. the benefits are really the output of valuable articles Skyword delivers in record time.

Skyword review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"It's Been a Truly Great Experience"

What do you like best?

Writers are treated with a great deal of respect by the Skyword team. Skyword has been great to work with. Communications are excellent and the projects have been interesting and personally rewarding.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike is that there is not a steady flow of projects. It's not uncommon to go several months between projects.

Skyword does an excellent job of creating marketing content that is both relevant and interesting.

Skyword review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"I am a freelance writer who has been writing for various Skyword clients for about 3.5 years now."

What do you like best?

I love to write; especially for some of the national brand clients Skyword has.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the review process and/or payment process for articles takes quite a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend working with Skyword to any freelance writers looking to produce qulity work for well-known clients.

N/A

Skyword review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Good combination of technology and people"

What do you like best?

The content review process is simple to manage, and the account service team is very professional and helpful. Their team really cares about the success of how you use their product and they are always taking feedback and providing tips to improve engagement.

What do you dislike?

The platform itself could have more robust features around content visualization and analytics. While it's easy to use, it would be nice to have just a few more features or see more frequent updates.

Access to a team of writers and editors to create original content and engage our target audience. Implementation and time to market was very fast.

Skyword review by Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.

"Very happy freelance contributor"

What do you like best?

I like being matched with programs that are a perfect match for my skills and interests.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike about Skyword.

I love that Skyword pays on a regular schedule without contributors needing to send invoices. It's very organized and convenient for contributors.

Skyword review by Cristina E.
Cristina E.

"Skyword review"

What do you like best?

Takes care of the money management, easy sign up process

What do you dislike?

I dislike the connection with Skyword to our CMS

effeciency in getting stories quicker.

Skyword review by Karen A.
Karen A.

"Skyword Review"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the platform. It's quick, easy and efficient.

What do you dislike?

Choosing images which can be very time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd highly recommend Skyword to any freelance writer.

Time management with regard to less pitching and finding clients.

Skyword review by User in Computer Software

"Simple & intuitive"

What do you like best?

Its easy for users to complete their content because it is streamlined with specific requirements and criterias for users. So it makes it easy for users to follow.

What do you dislike?

Users don't have the freedom to deviate from requirements so it limits users' creativity just to meet the requirements. So it may seem to be forced.

Write an share thought leadership content and promote company's products.

Skyword review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Skyword is a business for content."

What do you like best?

I like the name, it is catchy. "Skyword" sounds liek something you really want to aspire to be one day.

What do you dislike?

I don't really know right now. I'll need to come back later and think about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quality product and quality services for content marketing. Currently, our company remains very satisfied with the investment.

We are solving lots of business problems with creating the content we seek through scale elevation.

Skyword review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great platform for creating and publishing articles"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to collaborate with teammates while using this software

What do you dislike?

There are not any major concerns. Like anything, you must make sure you orient yourself to using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to orient yourself to the product.

I use Skyword to write and edit articles with my team.

Skyword review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Best platform that I have tried"

What do you like best?

The ability to get quality writing gigs that value what I do.

What do you dislike?

Conforming your writing to preset templates can take some getting used to.

Skyword helps me land writing gigs that I probably would not have access to without their ability to negotiate with Fortune 500 companies.

Skyword review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Great contnent marketing vendor"

What do you like best?

Mt account team is great and helps me not only in creating content but also in planning strategies

What do you dislike?

I wish they would offer web management services as well

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great account services and amazing blog platform, focused on SEO

Creating the leading online publication in our topic while driving demand generation to our business

Skyword review by Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising
Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising

"Skyword experience from a startup"

What do you like best?

The Skyword platform is very easy to use

What do you dislike?

Updates to Skyword have broken our blog integration

Driving visitors to the site