Slack

(13,458)

Slack brings all your communication together in one place. It’s real-time messaging, archiving and search for modern teams.

Work for Slack?

Learning about Slack?

Slack Reviews

Showing 13,460 Slack reviews
Slack review by User in Design
User in Design
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Slack
Slack review by Jasper F.
Jasper F.

"Slack is not for Slackers"

What do you like best?

I love how slack let's you stay professional with emojis. I love how you can communicate quickly and effectively with friends, co-workers, and colleagues. You can even upload files and pictures. It's a great tool that every company in the whole world should use. If every company used it, they would be happy and probably much more effective in their business goals.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how some co-workers don't like sending emojis all day long. I wish more people would use it everyday and send me messages. It can be distracting how often people ping you and can sidetrack you from other goals, but once you learn to implement it into your workflow it can become very rewarding and can lead to greater levels of productivity. The learning curve just takes a while. E

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get this great communication tool.

Slack provides the benefits of joy and a natural anti-depressant. It's helped me communicate. I like it better than email because it's always open and is much more fun. Slack has so many benefits. It's hard to even list them all here on this list. It really brings back the old school chat room and lets you successfully communicate with several people at once. The threads are a great way to take separate conversations aside from bigger conversations that relate to everyone. It's overall just a great tool. I hope you use it and get everyone you know to use it too!

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Slack review by Alex R.
Alex R.

"Slack provides best features for team collaboration"

What do you like best?

Slack offers many outstanding features. Slacks probably offers one of the best interfaces for professional chat tools. It's easy to navigate through channels and chats while sharing documents and other essential information. The application provides exceptional user interfaces and is easy to use. It has an excellent design and you can easily call the team members when needed.

What do you dislike?

I have no discrimination for this game. It was easy to learn, posted easy and easy to navigate. I saw an advertisement on TV, but I think it's not as popular as it could be. You must use more jobs because they are very similar to social networks, but they can be used for professional communication between colleagues. It will also be a useful tool for communicating with others, working with documents, organizing meetings, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, I recommend using Slack for the team collaboration. It is free for small groups. So, you can give it a try for amazing communication features.

Slack helped us a lot to achieve our business goals very fast. With Slack, we were able to reduce and remove many SEO services, effectively interacting with sites and organizations by ignoring placements.

Slack review by Daniela A.
Daniela A.

"Great for Business Use"

What do you like best?

Slack is pretty easy to use for businesses. Its similar to GroupMe or WhatsApp but used for more professional circumstances. I also like that you can easily upload files to your chats, making it quick and simple to transfer information.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to type in a group code to start a chat with a group of people. You should just be able to start any type of group chat without using any type of code. Slack should try to simplify its use by not requiring a code or password to join a group.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is better to use slack if you have a smaller number of employees.

I'm using it for my University's consulting group. It helps us all stay in contact with each other and assign roles to each other while working with a client or business around Gainesville. We can also upload our marketing content and files through mailchimp easily. We are a small consulting group, and I believe Slack is easier to use when you have a smaller business.

Slack review by juliette n.
juliette n.

"SLACK is the best collaborative tool for everyone. "

What do you like best?

I like slack because it is not one of those complicated softwares, it is very easy to use. When I registered I liked that it has a bot that will advise you on what you can look for or just offer you help with any question. Through this application I can communicate with my team and exchange ideas, make a call, chat, create and hold group conversations, etc. It really is very complete and you can even integrate other servers such as dropbox, google drive.

It is easy to navigate through channels and chats when sharing documents and other essential information.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that notifications are very constant, which is an element of distraction. They should improve that little detail, I do not dislike anything else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend slack, it is much easier to use than other applications and I think slack is going to supply email. It is ideal for small and large companies. You can have online work meetings from my phone or my PC.

I recommend this communication tool, since it can be used with work groups because it is useful and reliable.

It has many more advantages than other aplications.

Slack allows me a spontaneous and fluid communication with my work team and with my friends, I like it because it is not necessary to see the person because you communicate in real time with everyone.

My team and I now stay updated and remind ourselves of certain events, meetings or when tasks should be performed.

Slack review by Christine W.
Christine W.

"Huge asset to a remote team."

What do you like best?

We are a small company but slack is still so valuable! As someone that receives a ton of client email, having internal communication flow through there would not make any sense. Slack gives us the ability to sort out our present and future idea, group people by departments or projects, and even add our contractors to our easy communication channels.

What do you dislike?

Slack is so well integrated with other tools, I wish other tools would start bringing slack into THEM. For example JIRA just added the ability to see the slack convos about an item directly in JIRA - that's what partners need to start doing more of!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking at Microsoft or other communication platforms, I would take a good look at how connected they are to SO MANY systems. We use Hubspot, and can see in Slack when we get new client sign ups or when someone chats on our website we can reply directly from there. Make sure you are getting all that value from their competitors because for the price, my guess is you will not!

Communication is the major issue we are solving. This is a critical way for our startup to be able to stay dynamic and connected without being in an office.

Slack review by Marlena B.
Marlena B.

"Slack has completely changed the way we work"

What do you like best?

I love how collaborative and intuitive Slack is. We moved from Pidgen and Slack is night and day in terms of UI and possibilities. I love that it's so easy to create channels and there are plug-ins you can get to make it easy to connect to JIRA, SFDC, and much more. Our team communicates more and questions are answered quicker than ever before. When used correctly you can use it as a knowledge base for services and products within your company.

What do you dislike?

There is very little I dislike. If I could ask for anything though, it would be nice to have a page showing the hierarchy of the company somewhere and provide ways to organize pinned slack messages. If there were also different admin levels it could make it easier to manage channels (example: you could make someone admin of just a certain channel they create, right now there are only full account admins)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slack is so much more than a chat tool. It allows you to video chat and collaborate with multiple team members seamlessly and hold historical information that easy to search and find.

Internal day-to day updates are easy to facilitate so emails are used less. We use it as a means to communicate product feedback and brainstorm strategies so it increases collaboration. I believe engineering uses it heavily for patches and updates. Ultimately it makes managing a constantly changing company/product easier and makes the culture more open to communicating.

Slack review by Gary C.
Gary C.

"Helped a lot with comunication in our org"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Slack is to use. It is user friendly and it has a familiar interface. Another feature I love is that we can drag and drop to share large files in Slack. When working in a fast environment where things like presentations or creative need to be reviewed around quickly, but are too big to email, Slack is a really useful tool.

Also, the ability to share code snippets without the formatting getting lost is helpful while working with development teams.

What do you dislike?

One thing that's actually really frustrating is not having control over deleting conversations. As with any direct messaging app, there's an expectation of privacy between those two people. However, it's really unclear if admins can ever access these direct messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only use the paid version if you can afford it. It is a very good tool to keep the group connected and to improve thr group performace

Overall, Slack is the communication king. It acts as a one tool for all and seamlessly allows multiple integrations with so many third party applications. All of its content are searchable, pinnable and configurable to our personal preference

Slack review by Doug M.
Doug M.

"The industry's best team collaboration tool, hands down."

What do you like best?

The ability to search conversations, create channels around different projects, integrate a ton of other services, and add your own custom emoji are just some of the many features of Slack that set it apart from its competition. Many companies have come after Slack after its rise to popularity, only to release sub-par copies of Slack. And that includes titans of software like Microsoft, so that should say something pretty significant about Slack, as a company that started out small and disrupted an entire industry of productivity apps.

What do you dislike?

The freedom and flexibility of Slack is simultaneously its greatest strengths and its weakest points. If you don't have a clear idea of exactly how your Slack team should be organized, what the purpose of specific channels should be, what integrations to bring in and which ones work for your team, it is going to be a steep curve getting up on Slack. There's also a specific culture of workplaces that are more welcoming to the idea of a virtual water cooler than others, so despite the technology's privacy and security being rock solid, there are still concerns when bringing it into older enterprise environments, regarding where the data from Slack channels goes and how it is stored.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time upfront to think about how your work is organized, what conversations are happening around specific projects and what other systems you can integrate into Slack before allowing everyone to have access to it. Doing this work in advance of allowing open access will give you time to set expectations for what goes in Slack and what goes elsewhere, and users will have an easier time adopting Slack into their workflows.

Slack allows quick and seamless communication between team members in a way that is fun, flexible and most of all, NOT EMAIL. The amount of email that is cut down by using Slack and a project management tool like Asana is astounding. And that's a good thing! More companies should embrace methods to cut down on how much time their employees spend sifting through endless inboxes.

Slack review by Andrea G.
Andrea G.

"Slack in the Work Place"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using SLACK, because it has the option to create a channel or a chat with specific people! Before, we were using Google Hangouts, but only had the ability to create GROUP CHATS, rather than the channels we have created in SLACK. We have channels for almost everything! Each department, a work event channel, a random channel, a support channel...etc It was also very easy to implement coming over from Hangouts. We use Slack for the front desk letting us know a package has arrived, to using slack when we are out of the office and need to ask a quick question. It is very simple!

What do you dislike?

The one thing I do not like from SLACK is that the notifications are a little tricky. Sometimes the only way I am notified about a slack messaged, is because they had to put @here...or @myname. But if I am not mentioned in the slack I could miss the message for hours.

Also, once a chat is created, it is difficult adding other people to the slack later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use it in a large workplace. It is easy to implement!

The benefits in using SLACK in our workplace are the CHANNELS we have going.

We have channels for almost everything! Each department, a work event channel, a random channel, a support channel...etc. Having those channels have allowed not just specific people to answer questions, but the whole company can view the question and answer them as well.

Slack review by Hasitha W.
Hasitha W.

"Perfect and very powerful communication tool for anyone. Highly recommended.!"

What do you like best?

Perfect tool for communication between team members. I can create teams on slack and i can easily share my ideas, messages, files with anyone.

Also i can easily share large files. I actually don't think about file sizes anymore. Slack can handle large files without any upload issues.

Another thing is i can create 'To-Do list's' and it comes with reminders and notification features. By using this features, we can assign tasks to team members and track the progress.

I'm not worry about my current location anymore. Because i can collaborate with my work-space from anywhere at any time by using 'slack mobile application'.

I don't need to save files locally to share on slack. Because i can add files directly from google drive. It is very important.

What do you dislike?

I'm normally use it on a daily basis with my team and I haven't faced any considerable problems yet. But slack 'free plan' given me only limited messaging history. I think it's enough for now. But It's better if we can get some extra capacity. That's all.

Slack helped me to get connect with my developing team. I don't need to move here to there anymore. Also I can collaborate with my work-space from anywhere at any time. Other than my business email service, Slack is my primary professional communication tool. Because slack helps me to improve my communication skills and achieve my business goals. Highly recommended.

Slack review by Varun B.
Varun B.

"Slack and why it is very good"

What do you like best?

The group chat and the ability to delete a sent message are some of the best features. Support for audio and video chat is a great plus! Small features like sending code snippets in a different manner and adding all kinds of attachments are great. Also, support to pin important messages to chats and groups and great message searchability makes slack very good to use.

What do you dislike?

The video chat lags at times. I have made video calls accross the globe and they were at times really slow. The audio worked just fine but I think even that can improve a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it, try it for the first week and then you won't think of moving to some other messaging app especially if you work in a big organization and also want multiple workspaces

The entire communication for both my latest orgs happens through Slack and Outlook. Slack being the messaging and informal tool and outlook being the formal and mailing tool. We used it for team discussion, friendly chats, sending over small snippets of code or sending powerpoints or reports and even videos. There were times when something usefull was discovered over chat and the Pin feature in Slack allowed users to kind of bookmark that message and later see all the important highlighted messages.

Slack review by Allison F.
Allison F.

"Slack - A Better GroupMe"

What do you like best?

I like having multiple channels and customization. We have over 50 people in our workspace, but it is so organized and doesn't feel overwhelming. People only see the information they need to see. You can also use the applications to customize Slack to best serve your team's needs. There is no one size fits all and Slack accounts for that.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the notification settings. For example, it is nice that you can turn off notifications or set work hours, but I feel like if I get a notification during those "off" times, it can be easy for me to lose it and I do feel like I miss things when I turn those notifications off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to explore the different application and bot options as they really enhance the experience but can be a little more time consuming

Our organization is much more connected now that we have used Slack. We have members across different states and Slack provides ways for us all to stay connected despite the distance.

Slack review by Delaney D.
Delaney D.

"Slack for Workplace"

What do you like best?

I love that we have a casual place to talk as a team that is in a safe place tucked away for when I am ready to check it. It isn't as urgent as an email or as annoying as a text. I love that we can categorize the conversations, so only team members that are interested in a specific topic need to see it. Team meetings are less cluttered with stuff, because we have already discussed these subjects in their designated areas.

What do you dislike?

The notifications can get obnoxious when I am unavailable but many team members are talking at once. Other than that, I find that it's a very useful product. I found the sign-up process to be a big confusing. I made 3 profiles before I realized it. I can't sign in on a desktop, because it logs into the wrong profile, but I just use it on my phone and that's been fine.

We are able to brainstorm in different categories of our work. We have separate boards for each topic so it isn't a big mash of different ideas that we can't sort. This keeps us more on task during meetings. Our once 3 hours meets are 1 hour, because don't need to talk about silly things that can be typed in their boards. Also, we have a large team and not all the agents need to know about every little thing having to do with it.

Slack review by Tarun A.
Tarun A.

"Collaboration made Easy | Slack"

What do you like best?

It offers many outstanding features. It offers one of the best UI for chat applications used professionally. It's easy to navigate through channels and chats while sharing documents and other essential information. It has an excellent design and integration too with other tools like Google Drive. The integration are limited in the free version of Slack though

What do you dislike?

It is verry very expensive if you want to go for their paid plans. So, only use it if you can afford it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for only free versrion. The paid version is too costly. So, only use it if you can afford it

Slack helped us a lot to realize and achieve goals very fast. The fast paced, collaboration tool was first of it's kind with a beautiful UI that one cannot resist. We made different Slack channels for different tasks and it has definitely reduced the messages I have to read.

Slack review by Madison G.
Madison G.

"Love this app"

What do you like best?

I love how this app easily allows you to communicate with everyone you work with. Simple and effective. When I was first sent the link to sign up by my boss, I was under the impression that is never use it, but that was not the case. All of communicate about meetings, when we are running late, when certain projects are due, and it has been very helpful to do all of that in one place through an app rather than back and forth emails and texts.

What do you dislike?

I have not come across anything that I dislike about this app, to be honest!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I’d highly suggest this app for ease of communication with all management and employees.

The Slack app has helped us all at work keep up with each other and help remind one another of certain events, meetings, or when tasks are due. Benefits: easily communicate with bosses and coworkers. Sending a group message rather than sending several texts and/or emails has been helpful.

Slack review by Jacob O.
Jacob O.

"Communicate effectively with your peers!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about slack is the large amount of channels you can use. I can post a message to the overall group channel for everyone and then post a separate message to specific individuals if it does not involve the whole group. It is much better that way so your phone is not blowing up all day with texts that do not even involve you.

What do you dislike?

Slack is very similar to other outlets such as GroupMe. I do not like it as much as other software because I don't find it to be very unique. GroupMe and even DM messages can do the same thing so make sure you can take advantage of the various channels Slack has!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have multiple subcommittees in your organization or company, it can be a big help by providing separate channels. In addition, if you have trouble using technology because of your age or other constraints, Slack is extremely easy to use. You simply mark yourself as the owner of the Page and or group and start sending invitations through email to all of your classmates and/or coworkers. It is a great tool!

We are finding ways to communicate better. Before, people were not as informed about meetings and other appointments and now everyone is updated if meetings are changed and whatnot.

Slack review by Andrea M.
Andrea M.

"Slack is the new email"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can have several channels within slack and even several work places. This helps me communicate with my team and other companies in the same application. I also LOVE that there are emojis. Emojis make messages more personal and less stressful. Slack really is the new email and far less intimidating. I also like that you can use Trello within slack! It makes life a lot easier.

What do you dislike?

Some people are hesitant to use emojis and other applications, such as trello, within slack. I dislike the fact that not all companies use slack! Also, I would like to see more spread when it comes to pricing. It would be nice if individuals could purchase slack and not just the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

EVERY COMPANY SHOULD USE IT

As customer service we solve an array of problems daily. Slack helps us brainstorm as a team on how to tackle these problems. It helps us send links, documents, and attachments super quickly and easily.

Slack review by Kaitlin G.
Kaitlin G.

"Easy Communication"

What do you like best?

I love that Slack makes it easy to organize conversations into specific threads, so nothing gets lost in the noise. The actual design of the website is also visually pleasing, and the controls are very self-explanatory. I also like that there is a "slack bot" chat tool that you can ask questions about how to use the site. Slack also makes it easy to share links, documents, photos, and other files.

What do you dislike?

There is currently nothing that I dislike about slack, though I do suggest offering some ways to allow users to customize their slack homepages, notifications, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider this product if you work with many remote people! It is much easier to use than Google Suite.

With slack, my remote team is able to convene both synchronously and asynchronously. We are able to send each other updates, private message each other, and have real-time brainstorm sessions right in the app. We are also able to quickly and easily share files right in our message threads. Slack also makes it easy to divide our messages into different "threads" or topics, helping us keep idle chit-chat separate from conversations that need to remain on a singular topic.

Slack review by Corey D.
Corey D.

"The best thing since the invention of collaboration apps"

What do you like best?

Slack is amazing. I LOVE all of the integrations for collaboration and project management. My teams and I share LOTS of files, including GIF's (saves us from typing out our full reaction). The file handling is absolutely superb. Sometimes, I'll even slack myself (!!) a file remotely, just because I know that it will be there for me when I get home.

What do you dislike?

I've been using Slack since its inception, so really the only downfall it had was the lack of video calls or screensharing. That has been resolved, and now Slack is just stupendous. I really do not have any dislikes for this app at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slack is my go-to for collaboration apps. I no longer utilize any other communications apps. Every project I have worked on, I have suggested it for keeping the team connected, and even new users are fully on board now. It is easy to learn, the help and support is second to none, and the updates are always very relevant and never overbearing with their frequency.

I have no less than 5 active Slack channels at any given time. My teammates are in various time zones, countries, states- from Mexico City to Colombia to Sri Lanka. The "snooze notifications" feature keeps us from firing off messages during the other teammates' downtimes. This makes seeing who is working at what time a breeze.

Slack review by Asnir V.
Asnir V.

"Keep your ideas and team work organized."

What do you like best?

Through this platform I can communicate with my team to exchange ideas about projects and pending tasks, I can create threads of discussions in which any member of the team can access as long as you have the necessary permissions, they can upload any type of files, also this tool you have many options to keep the communication as chat and calls.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be confusing because it opens a lot of tabs in the browser, and I think it can be a bit difficult to integrate this tool into a work environment since some people may not feel comfortable using this software as a main communication tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must take into account the number of people in the team and for what purpose you want to maintain communication, since this tool may not meet your expectations.

I help a lot in my work to maintain communication with my colleagues, as I was able to avoid sending emails and using personal social networks.

Slack review by Ashley J.
Ashley J.

"Amazing way to connect with fellow employees and stay on top of things."

What do you like best?

The ability to start messages makes it really easy to come back to things and prioritize. If I see something that I know will require more attention/focus but I don't have time at the moment to do so I will star the message and the app will alert me (based on a time I choose) so I can come back to it.

What do you dislike?

The channels can get a bit overwhelming and I wish there was a way to create our own sidebar menu instead of it being done alphabetically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make private channels between employees you interact with a lot as opposed to just individual chats. the channels stay open while chats phase out depending on more recent ones.

Ease to communicate with different departments. Don't have to shout across the room. Easy distribution of linked material, easy to pass along information. Can create channels with relevant members so not every employee gets every notification.

Slack review by Sara S.
Sara S.

"Have used Slack for personal and work purposes! LOVE IT!"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about slack is how it brings people together. I started using it at work, showed it to one of my friends and they ended up making a slack group for our friend group. As we traveled separate ways, met new people, etc., more people joined us, more channels were added, more emojis were created and it just brought such a sense of community to my friends and has allowed me to introduce people living far away from me currently to new amazing people in my life!

For work purposes, nothing is better than Slack for communicating and communicating QUICKLY. Sorry G-chat, I just can't get with it! It allows for work to be done and communicated but also for us to be able to blow some steam off and send a funny gif in the middle of a hectic work day. I do love having the different channels, and private channels as well for each team. Instead of sending an e-mail to a huge team of 30 people I can send one slack message to the whole team's channel and get an INSTANT answer. Slack has changed the game and I encourage more businesses to adopt Slack!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more diversity in the notifications. They do pretty well with being able to silence specific channels however, I would in the future like to be able to make my slack notifications specific per channel. This is just a want though that I can live without but it would make Slack 110%!

Recommendations to others considering the product

While there are other platforms for communication I highly recommend Slack. It is easy, intuitive, and all levels of technology users can use it! The app for your phone works well too and it is just a nice easy way to quickly communicate with your teams. The customization available along with integration is exceptional for business needs.

Communication! E-mails are good when something is in depth or not as urgent. In our world today, most things are urgent and it is very important to be able to communicate to teams quickly!

Also when one of our programs goes down, we can quickly notify our IT team and others about it!

Slack review by Amy O.
Amy O.

"the Best Real Time Messaging for Task Collaboration"

What do you like best?

I LOVE Slack! I love that you are able to chat, share documents, keep track of tasks, create collaboration groups, and SO much more with just one App! I love that I can use it on my desktop as well as my phone so I'm sure to not miss anything important that my clients may need.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing that I dislike. It is super easy to use and learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for small and large groups that are working together on small and large projects. There are no minimum requirements and there are no projects to large or too small. It can adapt to what you need.

Slack is helping me keep track of tasks in one spot. It's moving any more important to-do list items to the top with a quick IM instead of sending an email and waiting for a response that may take longer.

Slack review by Caroline G.
Caroline G.

"Slack Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it allows me to communicate with other consultants in an easier way that is separate from my personal correspondence. I also like that it is a simple format that makes it easy for me to search through previous messages. Other than it made my semester a lot easier and it was very much like texting, but more professional.

What do you dislike?

When using it, I disliked that setting up notifications never really worked for me. I might have been my phone, but I would have to open up the application to see my new messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend remembering that this is mostly a professional service and to not confuse it with a personal service. Just make sure to go over this with those who you are working with. Overall, the app is very simple to use and very customizable, so it can be used to fit everyone's workplace needs. I would recommend this product to those who are needing an inter-company communication source other than just texting through normal phones.

The problems that I solved with SLack were communication and separation of work and personal life. It has made communicating at work a lot more stress-free and more professional.

Slack review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"There's a reason big companies love slack!"

What do you like best?

There is so much to like about slack. To start, as a messaging platform, the user interface is almost perfect. Being able to @people to mention them in a conversation, using hashtags to jump to other conversations, being able to share files with drag and drop, I can go on forever.

The amount of platforms that slack integrates with is endless, which is perfect for ensuring our internal communication is always being tracked and best utilized.

Also, bots. If you don't know what bots are, they're basically apps that help turn slack from a messaging app to project management, scheduling meetings, sending polls and surveys, the list goes on!

What do you dislike?

There's honestly not much to dislike about slack. This is more of an internal challenge than something we dislike, but we are trying to have slack integrated into a visual force page in one of our pages on salesforce, which we cannot do as Salesforce does not allow 3rd party apps to be integrated into visualforce pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it out! And really dig into all the abilities that slack has besides being just an instant messenger because it's way more than that. Slack can help you boost productivity and become more organized.

The benefits that I wanted to get slack for and have solved since is decluttering our emails and saving emails from external communication. All internal communication is done through slack and has increased response times for both external and internal communication.

Slack review by Jeff L.
Jeff L.

"The Best Work Messenger I've Used to Date"

What do you like best?

The clean interface is pretty nice and is mostly intuitive. The features that I appreciate the most are mentions (channel and user), being able to easily share links/files, notification options for global/channel scope and custom emojis/reacts (which is a bonus rather than a requirement).

What do you dislike?

The direct messages list only has my recent persons rather than all of them. It would be nice to have more visibility on whom I've talked to. Especially since I tend to use that to see if a coworker is online to message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used other enterprise messengers like sametime and skype for business. Slack is far better than those two. This is a modern messenger, if you're considering something new. If you've used irc in the past, it's like a much better implementation of irc. Plus you can drop files, links, etc. into the messenger to share with coworkers. It's been a pleasure to use so far.

Intra company communication. We're also using it for alert developers when hardware/software is having issues. There's an integration that allows our software to post messages to a channel.

Slack review by Rachel B.
Rachel B.

"Slack Great for Casual, Quick Conversations - But Only if the Everyone Agrees"

What do you like best?

Ability to reach colleagues quickly and efficiently through private messaging. Can see when the person is online and available, out of the office, or away. Message indicates if the respondent has seen the message and is typing a response. Can share files and documents easily and they stay in your folders for future access. Can create group messages with several colleagues at once and everyone can share files.

What do you dislike?

Notifications are hit-or-miss, can't always be certain that someone will see what you have sent. Have to remember to log into the system to be able to see your messages - you won't get a notification or reminder. For it to be truly effective in an office environment, everyone in the office needs to be on-board and be able to use the system. Otherwise you risk leaving some people out of the conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Share the word with your colleagues! If not enough people in your office are using the product, then it won't work very well because you'll have to use several different outlets for communication. Slack is a great place to bring everyone together, so make sure to sell it to other people in your office.

Emails can get lost in an inbox, but a Slack message will quickly remind the person that you have a meeting, that they haven't responded to your email, or that you have a quick question that doesn't necessarily require a full email. It lets colleagues communicate in an informal way, which can also build relationships that strengthen our work interactions and collaborations. One benefit is that it has cut back on unnecessary emails (the short, one or two line emails) and freed up my inbox.

Slack review by Dariyka S.
Dariyka S.

"Best soft to communicate with co-wokers"

What do you like best?

Slack is very flexible and lets you add a personal touch. You can adjust to your taste just everything - and with an endless variety of settings, it'a very powerful as well.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to find something, but if really try to do it - I would prefer more text editing options, like changing the fonts on the go or adding some pics in the middle of the message

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it.

There is a place to work, chat, make video calls and share just everything you can imagine. We are using it for making quizzes, for example, and playing Secret Santa - and for big discussions as well. It stores your files for years and is very, very user-friendly

everyday communications between teams located in different places and time zones, it is easy to discuss issues in groups, vote for ideas.

And Slack integrates with other apps we use, making work more comfortable.

Slack review by moraima v.
moraima v.

" Communication tool that optimizes group work efficiently. "

What do you like best?

Because it is a powerful tool that allows me to exchange information and manage work projects from any team immediately; I really like it because it unifies the optimal communication between the members of a company through private messaging, it is integrated with other services to facilitate the work in groups of colleagues in a successful way, there is also the possibility of being connected to each other, in At any time you can use this application easily and simply

What do you dislike?

I do not like this tool because IM is not always useful and it does not allow to make video calls with any other application with other work teams, besides this tool includes the inability to work simultaneously in different accounts and it has failures due to the lack of videoconference with a difficult position to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

• I recommend this communication tool, because it can be used with working groups because it is useful and reliable.

• I recommend it because it has a great advantage and is an excellent work tool, which aims to improve messaging communication in work organizations and streamline work communication.

- It provides many benefits, especially because it allows, with this version, to share documents easily and simply, this communication tool is ideal for teams, ideal, fantastic and highly recommended for any company.

- It has the benefit of having a free version, it can be integrated with other commonly used tools and include paid versions with more functions; it is very intuitive and configurable.

Slack review by Charles B.
Charles B.

"wonderful for group communication and collaboration"

What do you like best?

Slack offers a host of amazing features. It is great to be able to create separate channels for each group of people or team member. The app offers an amazing user experience and is easy to use. It boasts an excellent design and you can effortlessly call out team members as needed.

What do you dislike?

There are rumors that it is not safe to upload confidential files and documents in Slack as the security is not that great and hackers can get access to these important files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slack is a wonderful replacement for internal email. Now, my inbox is not flooded with thousands of brief emails as we use Slack to communicate easily and quickly about all topics from project details to the venue for lunch.

We use Slack for collaboration with users from all over the globe and between us. It is a great place to share ideas and discuss them. I like that I can create channels based on specific categories and manage them very easy.

Slack review by Caroline I.
Caroline I.

"One of the best Work Communication Tools"

What do you like best?

At the office, we work as a team in most aspects of our job. One of the most crucial thing about our work is efficient and prompt communication. Since we moved to slack, communication is way better than it used to be. One of the best things about Slack is the ability to search for information in a chat room. Most of the other chatroom options like WhatsApp do not have this functionality.

Another awesome thing about Slack is the ability to create different chat rooms under one organisation. In our case, for example, we have different chat rooms for the different sections of our project. Then we have one general chat room.

Another functionality I like about slack is the ability to send files and documents. There is even an option to for the rest of the members to add a comment to the document. How awesome is that?

Another cool thing with Slack is the ability to direct message someone. So if you want to talk to a member of your team privately, you can easily do so within the platform using the 'Direct Message' functionality.

What do you dislike?

One of the disadvantages of slack is that there is a learning curve in its usage. in most cases, the employees have to be trained to understand how to use it and make the most from the functionality of the app. The good this is that once you get the hang of it, the app easy to use.

Another downside to slack is the fact it faces a lot of competition from messaging apps like WhatsApp and Telegram. It is hard to get people to transition from the common social messaging platforms to a more professional messaging platform like slack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company is looking for a more professional and efficient messaging platform, I highly recommend slack for the same.

Slack has helped us make our communication more professional and easy. Before slack, our main messaging option was WhatsApp. Since we started using slack, there is a more professional feel to the communication. We are now able to separate work life communication from personal life communication, something which has been so instrumental in reducing stress and encouraging a healthy work-life balance.

Slack review by Samuel O.
Samuel O.

"Efficiency depends on being always connected with your work team "

What do you like best?

I like how practical and versatile this application is to interact with a work group that builds a solution to a given problem, or advances a project, since it allows creating the channels and topics that one wants to facilitate the work and the flow of information, to be duly communicated and with the participation of all the components of the groups enrich the work that is carried out, through the contribution of ideas, comments, which ensures as a result a final product with quality.

What do you dislike?

This application has many virtues and generates few problems, however, sometimes the administration of files becomes tedious, and it costs to locate files for their elimination, being lamentable also, the impossibility of sending videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to the heads and managers that they acquire this tool and make it available to their employees, so that they can count on slack and achieve greater productivity in the execution of the projects and the solution of the problems in the company, since this This tool allows the participation of all the workers, who will comment and give their opinions on the subject under discussion, which will surely enrich the work that is carried out.

There are many benefits that this application provides, since we can concentrate all the information of the company in one place; as well as allowing employees to have a versatile tool with which they can create groups that work together for a project or the solution of a problem. It is also possible to keep the teams and interested parties informed at all times, without the need to call meetings or send emails. In the same way, if you use other project management software, you can connect it with slack, to receive notifications directly in the project channels.

Slack review by Tom A.
Tom A.

"Communicating with the team from Slack for cross-platform support"

What do you like best?

Slack is the platform which provides full customization for collaboration features. It provides the huge number of features for the team communication. Also, for the small team the platform is free and for the huge team also the price is very low if we count the features that are provided. It provides cross-platform support so we can easily share our files from different devices. We can also create our custom SLack bot for communicating.

What do you dislike?

Slack is the very good platform but sometimes it becomes very slow to load even when there is a high-speed connection. Another thing is if there will be a custom priority settings for notification then it will be very good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small team then don't think about other platforms. Just go for Slack for communication. It will connect your team in the better way.

We are using Slack for communication with our co-workers. We realized that after using Slack for collaboration our working efficiency is increased.

Slack review by Audrey P.
Audrey P.

"Increases team engagement and productivity"

What do you like best?

I like that the formatting of the chats. It just looks neater and more organized than other chat and collaboration platforms out there. I can easily search or scroll through the channel thread to search for past messages and resources. The colors of the user interface are also somehow very inviting and make me feel comfortable using it.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a lot to dislike. I think the pricing can be a bit high and might not justify the cost if you're not using advanced features or don't really have a need for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've already used group chat software, Slack just takes it to another level. It's not too complicated, but does have added features that could bring value to your company and work environment.

I can stay on top of all the developments going on with particular work and clients. It has helped to keep everyone organized and has been a strong resource for keeping people on task.

Slack review by Angel F.
Angel F.

"The definitive messaging tool for developers"

What do you like best?

Slack is really helpful for software development teams in order to organize the daily work and establish a proper communications between the different team members.

It allows users to install bots which may connect to third party systems and establish a communication protocol with them, so this way Slack is also a helpful tool for daily developer operations like software build and test automations and servers status check.

The search functionality has a fast response and filters properly the information on the different chat groups.

Slack allows to create public and private channels so the users may split up into project specific channels, which is very useful to isolate the information and messages for independent projects.

The notification system is configurable and good.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Slack consumes too much resources, considering it as a messaging tool.

Slack improves communication process between team members. It centralizes and stores all the relevant information for the team, so that information is accessible for everyone on the team.

Slack review by Abigail G.
Abigail G.

"Positive experience, great way to relay info to a large group of employees"

What do you like best?

I love that I am able to communicate with all of my co-workers across the country. I do not have to deal with group texts constantly pinging and can instead turn on or off notifications as I see fit. It is also so easy to communicate via DM with the boss that sent the original message or even with co-workers that may have the answer. No longer do I need to facebook message or get everyone's phone number. I get to keep my personal life private while communicating anywhere I am with my co-workers.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about slack. At first I found it hard to direct message and ensure that no one else could see my conversation with my boss but now it's easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go for it! Slack has been the best thing that has ever happened to my company. I love how I can log in on my computer or even in the app wherever I am! 100% recommend.

Slack allows my employer to communicate with employees all over the country/world in different time zones without having to deal with long email chains. We are all able to communicate amongst each other which is very helpful when it comes to dialogue on how to improve our workplace environment.

Slack review by Reagan B.
Reagan B.

"Slack Review"

What do you like best?

I like how everyone can collaborate together. It is easy to see everyone who is apart of the community and interact with each other. I like the direct messaging aspect of the website. I also like being able to search for things and the ability to tag people in posts. I like the search feature to find a topic that I am looking for and need quickly.

What do you dislike?

There can sometimes be too much content. It can sometimes become overrun with posts and it can be hard to keep up with everything that is posted in larger threads. Email notifications can sometimes be overwhelming on busy days. I think the user interface could look cleaner and more modern. It can sometimes feel like an outdated platform based on the appearance of the website. I sometimes wish that the website would use people's full names rather than a username because that can be confusing, especially for companies whose employees work together face to face.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this product if you have a company that requires sharing info and group collaboration.

Everyone can chat and work together in one place. One benefit has been community building. Names can be put with faces for larger companies. It is easy to sort different topics into different threads, which keeps important information easier to find. Anyone can make a new thread, which is nice for people who want to start a new conversation without overflowing already existing threads.

Slack review by Brighton M.
Brighton M.

"Great communication tool for teams"

What do you like best?

Ability to integrate slack with other tools for Continuous integration like bitbucket pipelines and trello. Also enjoy the ability to clearly show your status to colleagues. Love that you can create channels to use with people not part of your team like consultants and business partners. The search filters for searching though messages work well and provide meaningful results. A useful feature is being able to create a group discussion in the simplest way. I also enjoy the stats provided by slack. The help in determining how well teams are engaging and which channels are having more discussions or are more active. Pricing is also great for small and growing teams as the free tier allows them to use the service getting useful features at no price.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to access message when I am offline. It should cache some messages on device. The notifications when new messages come in could be improved, I have to continuously check on the app for notifications, use of pop up notifications would be my recommendation.The calendar could also be improved on its linking with local calendar and google calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for collaboration, will make your teams more efficient, I highly recommend it.

It improves collaboration between teams. Its an efficient way of sharing information through files and improves privacy of information sharing with some of the restrictions it put on content sharing.It allows teams to communicate effectively without being distracted by other "noisy non work related messages" like when using whatsapp.

Slack review by Kassandra L.
Kassandra L.

"Efficient and easy way to connect with colleagues!"

What do you like best?

I really like that you can create several different Channels or groups - this way, you can easily target certain committees or a select amount of people. I also like that you can message people individually or make a group thread, so there is a lot of flexibility in communication. Not to mention the design is very appealing, which makes the user experience more enjoyable..

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have had with Slack is manually having to set it up for notifications on the actual app itself, which several of my colleagues and I did not know at first. We missed several announcements from our bosses because we did not know to activate the notifications on the app. It would be much easier if notifications were on by default or if we were able to turn them on in phone notification settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend use of Slack to businesses, whether it is strictly for business or the casual, social aspect of work. It can even also be a great way to keep in touch with large groups of friends or family.

I work remotely in my own school site and do not see my colleagues all at once every day. With Slack, I have been able to quickly contact them without having to start an email thread. If I have a quick question about the job, I can simply use Slack - I do not need to have everyone's phone number or email. This makes communicating much faster and easier.

Slack review by Jacque L.
Jacque L.

"Very helpful for remote business use"

What do you like best?

As a work-from-home employee, Slack has been very helpful in keeping all employees in the loop. We are able to message back and forth under different categories so that we know what issue we are addressing. We all have this app on our phones so that we can assist each other and stay up to date in real time. I appreciate the mobility of the app and the categorization of the different subject matters we have in our business.

What do you dislike?

Although I appreciate the categorization of the app, sometimes it can be a little overwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Slack for small businesses, especially remote ones, a's it's a great way to keep people connected at work.

We have been using slack mainly to keep up-to-date in an audit we are currently going through. We are able to stay up to date on how the audit is going and who needs to be doing what. It is good to know what is happening even if we are not at our desk so that we can get to work later knowing where everyone else stands.

Slack review by Katherine A.
Katherine A.

"Fast communication within remote teams"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and Slack keeps giving you tips on how to use any feature. PC version and the mobile APP work extremelly well. Direct messages, Threads and sharing files are the features we use the most for keeping all our team connected and don´t use Email so much for internal conversations.

What do you dislike?

When you reach the storage space it start deleting all files without letting you choose which file will be erased.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend every team to try it, the free version brings a lot of great features to start using it. It is excellent for keeping every team together without the excesive use of emails.

We use it for communicating with all of our team members really fast, we are located in remote offices so Slack is the best way to keep us all in touch and reaching the same goals. Also is very important for collaborative work and sharing documents and information.

Slack review by Hemik P.
Hemik P.

"Better than most but still needs improvement"

What do you like best?

Different channels and customized notification for all. The best part has been the integration of different apps recently. Solutions team of the company is also extremely satisfied with the tools available for software coding. Our company also uses orkable for lunch providing. In built app also exists for google drive and one drive which is a big help.

What do you dislike?

Interface which very complicated and takes time to get used to it. A steep learning curve but once u get to the top it is quite easy to use. I really wish there was a simpler interface where all of the screen is not clogged with so many texts. It might just be me but I tend to get irritated with so many stuff on the screen. for the older generation who is not aclamtized to the digital age it gets harder and harder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, it works for most of your purposes. A steep learning curve but once u get used to it, it works. One of the best communication medium for a small company. Once the employee counts goes higher I am really not sure how slack will perform.

Better communication. Less spamming. Focused actions. You can ping anyone directly and can start group chats as well.

Slack review by Kurt B.
Kurt B.

"Slack allows our teams to communicate easily"

What do you like best?

I like that Slack is easy to set up and configure. Within minutes we had groups, channels, and users set up and apps installed to help us manage our teams. Once set up it's very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It is very expensive. It's priced per user and so even if you have a user who uses it say 4 times a month it's not much value, but at the same time we needed a universal solution as we can't have 2-3 communication tools.

I like it but definitely there needs to be an improved pricing model for various scenarios.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Re-work your pricing model. It would be a good idea to have a one-time fee with annual support. The SAAS User-based model works for some but doesn't work for us and I'm sure others.

Communication between teams is much more efficient. Previously we would need to consolidate communication between various platforms which was time consuming.

Slack review by Ariana R.
Ariana R.

"Slack Review- Computer and Mobile App "

What do you like best?

I like that Slack is user friendly, similar to other Instant Messaging platforms I have used previously. Another feature I like is that it can be downloaded as an app in conjunction with it being connected on your computer (so you don't miss a beat!).

What do you dislike?

I have noticed that on the mobile app, if that app is closed out on your device you will miss notifications! I would not have realized that I missed these notifications if I didn't check on my laptop/email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slack is an excellent tool that makes chatting with coworkers and employers easy while on the go, only considerations are watching the mobile app.

I make sure that the app is open a majority of the time, this is still an issue. The benefits of slack are that you can always be connected (if you have it on both your computer/the mobile app).

Slack review by Tom M.
Tom M.

"Slack is a great collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

Slack is a very easy to use tool and makes it quick and simple to communicate with other people. You can share files etc in a secure environment making it simple to update people.

One of the best features is that you can do video and audio chats. In some environments, I can't use Skype for Business and I have never had any problems with Slack.

I also like the slack bots you can create. I have the basic one that provides me with a humourous cartoon each day. I know and have seen you can create slack bots to interrogate other solutions like Salesforce etc and it uses human language to do this. So you could ask in slack "show me who has a birthday today with my contacts" and it will do it.

What do you dislike?

One of the challenges with Slack is getting everyone to use it. As there is a plethora of communications tools, you want to ensure that everyone uses it or else it gets lost in the quagmire of forgotten programs.

I can't fault the company or the software for that. It provides the right level of information with the right level of persistence without being too annoying. One feature I would like to see is a summary

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend spending some time learning how to use the product - especially the slack bots. I would also recommend having a slack administrator to oversee the communications between staff members to avoid bad communications

Slack has been a lifesaver when I have not been able to get other communications tools up and running (ie Skype has crashed etc). We use slack every day and have created specialised groups for people to communicate to specific people as and when required. This is really good when you work in multiple teams as you have the right information/conversation in specific group folders.

Slack review by Ronit A.
Ronit A.

"Connect communities with Slack"

What do you like best?

Slack is very good and high-performance platform for chatting with colleagues or company employees. All the members can share the content with this community app. File sharing and screen sharing is the best features that I liked in one place. Also, it provides chatbot integration for personal usage.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Slack became slow because it's integrated all the features that are required for group chat. It's hard to understand the working flow of Slack for beginners. Other than that Slack is very good at chatting, collaborating and communicating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are small team then Slack provides free version for small business. It will help you for completing your target in fixed time with powerful services.

I am using Slack to communicate with my company employees. Slack provided many features that are very helpful like file sharing, messaging, voice calling, screen sharing. This all features in one platform helped us for achieving our business goals.

Slack review by Raul Lorenzo G.
Raul Lorenzo G.

" The communication tool to work as a team "

What do you like best?

I like the tool because I as the owner of my workspace, appoint my administrators to help me manage the team, so that together, we invite the other members and we indicate how to use slack, in this way we form a network of work in collaboration. The good thing about everything is that it allows me to interact through open, closed or shared channels, depending on the case in which I am dealing with the work team.

What do you dislike?

I consider a disadvantage of slack the fact that I can not make video calls, another thing that for me is important, is the fact of knowing the last time the user used the tool, as well as the high influence on the border of belonging to the groups of comparison.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it because it is a tool that allows me to maintain communication as a team, in order to complete the operations for which I have formed my business, encouraging collaborative work, and also allows me to upload my files in the cloud to access them when any worker requires them, I recommend it because in addition to sharing as a team, the tool also allows me to interact with my family and friends, it's free and very easy to use. Slack makes it possible for communication to flow at all levels of my business, and through the search I can find everything I need at any given time.

It is a very timely tool because with Slack I have been able to resolve decision-making situations in my business, when I am not present, as I spend a lot of time away from home, it allows me to communicate with my family members, and to socialize with my friends. It keeps me integrated with dropbox, twitter, google drive, etc.

Slack review by Aleena T.
Aleena T.

"It's a really great communication tool for startups"

What do you like best?

Cross-device capabilities - I can use it on my desktop, from a web browser, and from the mobile app. It's got a lot of integrations, which really helps bring all of your work into one space and helps you stay on top of things. Using it is really easy, and the whole thing feels fresh and modern.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I or my users have struggled with is having to remember the workspace URL. If you find yourself on a rapidly-growing team, sometimes the 10,000 message limitation will sneak up on you, and you can lose access to older messages. I think that's hardly a negative, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even the free version is future rich, you've got nothing to lose! The integrations and API make it super extensible.

I've always got access to my project communications, which essentially makes me available to my team 24/7. Having it on my phone is a game-changer. The integrations with Jira and Invision really save me a lot of time, too. I don't have to spend a lot of time updating everyone on the project when something changes.

Slack review by Cristian M.
Cristian M.

"Una maravillosa herramienta de comunicación de las mejores que existe"

What do you like best?

Esta herramienta es particularmente buena para los equipos de TI o empleados que necesitan intercambiar archivos con conversaciones en tiempo real, especialmente porque terceros también pueden unirse a los canales. La capacidad de hacer canales privados y tener conversaciones privadas también permite un grado de privacidad cuando sea necesario.

Con la existencia de versiones de escritorio y móviles de la aplicación es fácil de tomar el trabajo en el camino, ideal para si el trabajo a distancia o se les permite el trabajo ágil.

What do you dislike?

El pc necesitará un poco de memoria RAM decente para ser capaz de hacer frente a cuando los chats se hacen grandes y múltiples conversaciones se están produciendo a la vez. Cuando digo RAM decente, no me refiero a un ordenador de oficina que envejece.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ha reemplazado casi por completo al correo electrónico dentro de nuestro negocio, es asombroso y ha manejado casi todo lo que le hemos lanzado hasta ahora. Nos ayuda a conectarnos con colegas de múltiples sitios y con nuestros editores.

Gracias a este software, me mantengo en contacto con una red de expertos internacionales de todo el mundo sobre un tema apasionante que seguimos construyendo juntos, incluyendo ricas conversaciones, compartiendo documentos y talleres de instalación en todo el mundo.

Slack review by Igor Vinícius N.
Igor Vinícius N.

"Excelente herramienta para poner orden en la comunicación empresarial"

What do you like best?

Me encanta como se puede comunicar de forma rápida y efectiva con amigos, ex compañeros de trabajos y colegas de trabajo desde un mismo sitio, puedes compartir archivos y editar archivos en conjunto, es una herramienta excelente para cualquier empresa pequeña o mediana, es como el correo electrónico 2.0.

What do you dislike?

Las notificaciones constante puedes distraerte de tu trabajo, basta tener una persona utilizándola mal en tu equipo y adiós productividad... Si consigues encajarle en los procesos de tu empresa puede ser una excelente herramienta de productividad, pero su mal uso puede tener el efecto opuesto.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es una excelente herramienta de comunicacion, prueben...

Nos ha ayudado a poner orden en la comunicación entre distintos equipos de la empresa y la forma con que ellos se intercomunican entre si, encontrar una información importante o asegurar que todos los que la necesitan puedan acceder a ella de forma fácil ha sido una gran contribución de esa app a nuestra empresa.

Slack review by Heather E. M.
Heather E. M.

"Great Communication Tool for Colleges/Universities"

What do you like best?

I like being able to quickly get in contact with someone without having to send an email. While we don't send important information through slack, it's hand for both business purposes and personal reasons! I really enjoy the ease of use for slack, and how it helps me talk to my co-workers in a timely fashion.

What do you dislike?

Since my company doesn't pay for the full package, messages disappear eventually. It would be nicer if my company paid, so we could keep a long documentation of previous messages, especially ones that would be helpful to revisit in the future, even after other messages are sent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a really great product that helps address important communication needs within any office. It makes it easier to communicate and get things done without sending so many emails! I would also tell other people that this tool really helps separate professional talk from personal talk, leaving it out of emails, but it also helps people talk about both professional and personal things, again without clogging up an email inbox.

Not sending as many emails as we had been. Also, great for personal conversation, around things like Pokemon Go or nature walks. It's also really great for committees that serve across multiple departments across my college. This is helpful to inform each other of when we are meeting, what we will talk about at each meeting, and if the meeting for that week is cancelled.

Slack review by Bilawal A.
Bilawal A.

"Good for our internal team communication"

What do you like best?

I like Slack’s mobile application that works on both my iPhone and my Android. When I’m using Slack in the office on my desktop computer, I use Slack’s internet page. It is simple to use and a great way to communicate 1 on 1 or with a group. It is easy to use, and has the ability to include as many or as few people as you would like. There are a lot of features which Slack offers. I can send attachments like presentations, surveys, pictures, data and even voice recordings through this platform. I also like that Slack offers many things that similar programs don’t offer - including enhanced security measures.

What do you dislike?

The free version only allows a chat history of 10,000 messages and even though it looks like a lot, it isn't. I also wish there was a way for it to automatically mark me as away during the hours I'm not usually at work. Not many problems though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this to any company that is looking for a better way to communicate throughout the company.

All my team's communication is done through Slack only. I believe Slack is very secure and therefore I can blindly trust this application. We use Slack to alert each other of pending pull requests on Github, discuss current challenges and potential solutions. It is great that it also has a mobile application which helps when you are a little far from a personal computer.

Slack review by Julio A.
Julio A.

"Sistema de colaboración y comunicación que merece mucho la pena"

What do you like best?

Con la suscripción a los distintos canales siempre estaremos actualizados de las conversaciones internas. Actualizaciones de estado en tiempo real en lugar de tener que estar esperando a reuniones para informarme de las novedades. Aumenta la productividad cuando se hace trabajo en grupo y se reciben actualizaciones via email. Los grupos se pueden crear según intereses y asuntos y se ofrece libertad para entrar y salir de los mismos

What do you dislike?

Puede darse el caso que la gran cantidad de grupos a veces nos sobrepase y nos podamos perder, pero eso se trata con una buena gestión de los mismos

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lo recomiendo totalmente, aumenta la eficiencia del trabajo en equipo al evitar en ocasiones innecesarias e interminables reuniones. Ademas queda todo por escrito por si es necesario un repaso más adelante.

Mejorar las comunicaciones y coordinación interna entre los distintos grupos y departamentos de mi trabajo. En ocasiones no es necesario realizar reuniones que se pueden solucionar con un sistema colaborativo como este

Slack review by Resa O.
Resa O.

"Great for ANY Size Organization"

What do you like best?

Slack is a tool that I rely on and use regularly because it enables me to communicate in a fast and effective manner with employees at my company. I rely on Slack over other instant messaging services because it offers so much more than just instant messaging/chatting - I'm able to send files, photos and even have video chats directly from Slack. I believe that every organization could benefit from using Slack in some way - it increases efficiency because you can do all of these different things all from one platform... Slack has made my and my employees much more effective workers and communicators.

What do you dislike?

With such a positive experience with Slack, there isn't much negative that I have experienced with the program. I have experienced a few instances when the Slack mobile application failed and wouldn't properly work without me having to exit what I was doing and download the upgrade. I have found that many functions of the Slack mobile application don't work after an upgrade is made. So, you have to be on top of keeping the application up to date. This has even caused me to miss important notifications in the past when my Slack application didn't upgrade to the latest release and it stopped sending me message notifications temporarily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Slack for any organization. While I only use Slack for work, I know many people who also use Slack to communicate on a personal level. While using Slack for work, I recommend making different channels for different tasks or projects that you're working on. This way you can invite coworkers who are working on something with you to follow that specific channel and it can be used to communicate, send files, etc. all on a channel that is dedicated to the specific thing that you are working on. This makes it easy to recall information and everything is stored in one place.

Slack has been beneficial to both myself and my company because of its many features. Being able to chat, send messages, make voice and video calls, upload photos and documents, have different channels that are custom to the topic are all just some of the things that you can do right from the Slack platform. In the past, we would have had to use five different applications to be able to accomplish all of those things that you can do in Slack. This is incredibly time saving and just makes work seem much more easy to accomplish. Slack has proven to be beneficial also because it keeps myself and my employes up - date on what is happening on an instant. We are always in the know and can easily share anything via Slack.

Slack review by Asia K.
Asia K.

"Most productive platform for organization and teams !"

What do you like best?

Slack has so much functionality to use, it is not only about messaging program but also it is great way to be in communicate with your organization and inform each other for deadlines. Slack is the best software which can be integrated with many programs, platforms this is great for me. I really like to use Slack and have fun with it. you can easily create private chatroom or make it public with people. Slack is really easy to use without any complications.

What do you dislike?

there is only problem about slack is that mobile version has bugs and some functional problems, I do not really know why almost most software has mobile version problem I am always thinking about this issue so Slack has problem too I can only complain about this issue and there is no other problems for me about this software. I really like to use it and be part of it .

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend for anyone and for all companies. Slack is the best way to communicate, report the tasks and deadlines to your team members. Slack is really perfect software.

I am working with marketing department and we have offices in other cities as well so we need to be in touch always in anytime for reporting deadlines.also we are using Slack to communicate with our clients for fast feedback and informing. Thanks to Slack our organization is so active in marketing area and we increased our profitability with Slack.

Slack review by Cricket D.
Cricket D.

"There's no slackin' off here!"

What do you like best?

I like how Slack connects people all over the world. It is a great way to communicate with others business or otherwise, and it's fun! It is similar to Facebook or another social media outlet where you can connect with many people at the same time. It's great for setting up meetings, looking at a document together, or doing a group vote. You can add photos, documents, voting polls or surveys, and it appeals to a wide group of people -- young and old.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes regarding slack. It was easy to learn, easy to navigate and cleverly displayed. I have seen ads for it on TV but do think that it is not as widely popular as it could be. More work places should use it since it is so similar to social media, yet can be used for professional work communication among colleagues. This would also be a useful tool for students to communicate with others, work on documents together, set up meeting times, etc. I think a lot of young people might not know about it and could find it very useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Join Slack! It is a fun way to connect for business or pleasure. Slack allows for easy access any time of day or night, and it's great for international connections in different time zones!

When our organization uses slack we have many benefits -- more communication, people share photos, information and details of upcoming meetings, engagements, etc. It is very beneficial to keep people informed and "in the loop" in an easy, non-threatening, more casual way.

Slack review by FRAN G.
FRAN G.

"Great. Slack is a useful tool to set up chat groups. "

What do you like best?

Very simple, easy to use. uan mail platform very well structured and has pontecial to organize mailing list in order to notify and announce a specific issue. As well as interacting in small or large groups. You can connect with other applications. It serves to share and save files.

What do you dislike?

Due to its characteristics, it has to evolve into a tool of greater scope than the current one. It can be improved with a data location platform, save files to send them through mobile devices. It is not associated with the mobile device, this makes the sense of a comfortable tool difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are experimenting with this tool for the first time since its launch. We have seen the organizational improvement and in regards to my private life I use it to be up to date with my family environment.

Definitely Slack solved our technology era. It is already past the papers, as well as the mass text messages. I was able to create my own client account with mailing list, phone numbers, diaries, anniversaries and publish on a website for our community's knowledge.

Slack review by Chloe H.
Chloe H.

"Great for everything from serious business to creating a great internal company culture"

What do you like best?

The app's UI/UX is fantastic. It's so easy to use, even for beginners. It's also so great for implementing an internal company culture, with unlimited private and public chats for all your workplace banter!

What do you dislike?

Limited Function on free plans. Slack space can be filled really quickly; especially with a large number of staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before purchasing. Consider your companies growth.

Is the free package going to be of use if your slack space is going to be filled in a matter of week?

Working for a company which has employees around the globe, it can be difficult to get to know them or use their expertise. Slack makes it feel like they're right there in the office.

You can video conference, send large files, code etc at the touch of a button!

There is also scope for integrating apps into the Slack app. These include things like google drive, intercom, rss, timebot etc.

It's definitely helped our department get things done and be more proactive and productive!

Slack review by Jean-Richard M.
Jean-Richard M.

"A great way to keep in touch with your team"

What do you like best?

The ease to communicate with peers and seek information internally in a very fast manner when you can't afford to leave your station.

Can have multiple channels and private threads for various purposes.

Or even social channels for employees to discuss non-work related topics while not clogging the work threads.

Notification settings also allow to keep track of desired threads while silencing others, making it easier to keep an eye on valuable info while actively working at the same time, avoiding distractions from other channels.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, it's been very easy and enjoyable to use. It's a tool for work but with a more casual feel to it.

I hear there's a 10000 messages limit and then older messages automatically get deleted, but it hasn't bothered me so far.

Can lead to difficulties separating private life from work life if overused, or so I hear!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very much recommended. It has a very similar feel to Skype and similar instant messaging apps, but with better security. Has apps available for mobile and home computers as well if you need to keep in touch with colleagues when not physically at work.

Proper and swift communication with peers and support to answer any work related questions or get info about resources to use.

Especially useful over the course of a training phase or a new project, to keep any new info quickly available to any user concerned.

Slack review by Brandon E.
Brandon E.

"If you're using Skype, you need to jump to Slack"

What do you like best?

Slack offers probably one of the best interface designs of business related "chat" tools. It's easy to navigate between conversations, channels, while also sharing documents, and other needful information.

What do you dislike?

Overall, I feel like there are almost too many "fun" apps and not enough on the actual productivity side. While we all love to share gifs and reactions, I feel there is a lack of useful or easy to use apps that actually bring value to my organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some may say that you can get away with a free version of Slack. Trust me, having been in both an environment where the free version was utilized versus the fully paid version, ALWAYS go with the fully paid version. It is well worth it and alleviates many of the headaches you would run into in general maintenance, administration and even just day to day use.

Additionally, I would recommend that you review your team structures and establish your public and private channels and perhaps limit staff's ability to create their own private channels. While Slack is a great communication and collaboration tool, it can lend itself to distraction and abuse by employees. Definitely know the channels you'll need and set those up in advance and get squared away before any roll out.

Slack offers an amazingly simple interface to have discussions across the entire company. When this is a multi-geo location, that makes collaboration across not only offices but time zones and countries easy to manage. The historical logging and ability to pin messages has helped staff avoid the time delays involved in the "what was that one thing they said awhile ago" type scenarios but easily searching through Slack or its pinned items for the answers.

Slack review by Matthew C.
Matthew C.

"This is by far the best tool to coordinate research at a university!"

What do you like best?

Where to begin? First, Slack makes it incredibly easy to coordinate the research conducted by many graduate and undergraduate students. I can track progress, receive reports, and task students with anything across multiple projects. Second, the multi-OS design of the software makes sure that our Windows and Mac users can use the same product as well as our Android and iOS users. Third, its pricing structure is very flexible for our organization. While we use the free version now we're planning to upgrade to one of the professional licenses. Finally, Slack is very easy to use. Our students, staff, and faculty have had no problems learning how to get the most out of Slack and if there were any issues the online knowledge base is more than enough to troubleshoot any problem. Simply put, it's the best product out there for collaborative research.

What do you dislike?

I wish that more third party apps could integrate with Slack. I know many do now but more options would be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set this up early in a project and get everyone using it sooner rather than later. It makes life much easier.

We had a problem with communication across multiple research projects and there was a massive amount of duplicated effort. Slack gave us a space where our researchers can collaborate, drop new ideas in a channel, and share documents without too much trouble. We've seen an increase in productivity across all of our users.

Slack review by Emma L.
Emma L.

"Perfect for company communication "

What do you like best?

Slack is amazing to keep in touch with everyone within the company. Creating channels where everyone is involved in order to provide major announcements makes it even better. Also, I love that it can connect with other apps and programs like Google Docs, Trello and Zapier. The customization of the emojis makes the experience personalized and fun.

What do you dislike?

I really do not have anything that bad to say about Slack. I think that the most issues have been connection issues. People might think it's their internet connection, but we have had connection issues in 2 different places in the world at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an amazing communication tool. It is not only useful and easy to use, it fun!

Communication is easier with Slack. If there is a company-wide meeting, if a client is visiting, if someone lost something, everything can be announced in any of our Slack channels.

Slack review by Orlando Rafael O.
Orlando Rafael O.

"Slack: The group chat that allows you to be connected, with your colleagues at work and outside the "

What do you like best?

I like it, because I can access it from different devices and communicate with my co-workers, being with them or not, which is important to me since I can always participate in the group participating with ideas, comments and decisions on the subject that is debate. Also because it has versions for different operating systems and is integrated with different devices that we use daily like Google Drive, Dropbox, Ansena, Twitter, Trello, among others. We can customize it to our liking and create an account is quick and easy

What do you dislike?

In my opinion I think it presents a weakness, because it limits the storage capacity, by offering only 5 GB of storage in the free version. What I do not like is that the way to access the saved files is not very intuitive and it is difficult to delete files. It also consumes computer resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it, because the person who acquires this application, will have a tool that will allow him to be communicated with his work colleagues inside and outside the company, being part of the decisions that you have taken.

At the same time you will have an application that you can customize, creating as many groups

as you wish, public or private according to your convenience, which integrates perfectly with several devices that are used daily, such as google drive, dropbox, ansena, twitter, trello, among others.

It has benefited the communication and operativity of the work team, since having an application like slack, you can share many files, through Google drive, Dropbox, among others, that being integrated with these software, offers direct downloads from these applications , which contributes to a greater effectiveness in the work that is done. It also represents a significant contribution to the creation of groups to which different members have access to be able to be communicated all, as if they were in the same office, contributing inputs for the work that it runs.

Slack review by Shane F.
Shane F.

"Colleague Communication All In One Place"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Slack is the simplicity of the UI. It is not overwhelming. There isn't too much going on. I also love that you can set applications on your phone. Additionally, you can set up reminders with it. There's also tons of integration/collaboration options that make the solution really powerful. For example, we integrate our solution with our inbound sales lead solution so that anytime there is inbound sales activity on our company website, such as a demo viewing or a pricing request, our sales team gets notified in Slack. This is extremely powerful for being attention to valuable sales activity on a team-wide level.

I also like how easy it is to set up a chat room with your colleagues and co-workers. It can be a one-on-one chat room or a group chat room to set goals, accomplish tasks, and motivate and encourage one another. Or you can just have fun with it and post gifs /songs / videos throughout the day. All in all its a great solution for colleagues to collaborate and have a home base for communication.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet found anything about Slack that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to find one central environment for your team's communication with one another, and if collaborate and integration with other tools is important, I would definitely check Slack out.

Slack helps our sales team to have an all-in-one environment for communication and collaboration.

Additionally, our sales team gets notifications of sales activity on our website to alert the team quickly following the activity.

Slack review by Maritza N.
Maritza N.

"The interactive chat that keeps communication to the work teams, quickly "

What do you like best?

I like it because it provides me with a chat, to communicate with employees and to participate with ideas and opinions in the treatment given to a problem. I also like it because of the diversity of devices it allows so that it can be communicated and know the dynamics that are developed in the field of work.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that I do not like is that the storage capacity is small, so if I require more space I must access a payment plan: Also that the interface is not very intuitive and should be more colorful for the ease of new users I do not like that it does not allow to make video calls, what I believe is a limitation of its characteristics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it widely, because it is an application that allows communication between teams, using different applications, which are integrated into Slack. I also recommend it because there are no limits for the number of members who can participate in simultaneous meetings. You can store photos, videos, audios.

That from my cell phone I can participate at all times of the meetings that take place, which allows me to be always aware of the discussions and decisions that are executed. I have also benefited, because it has many integrations, that helps to develop a working environment , more productive and efficient. One more benefit of slack, is that I do not have the need to depend on an email, to exchange ideas, because we can do it in real time.

Slack review by ALONSO M.
ALONSO M.

"The chat that communicates quickly, easily and effectively. "

What do you like best?

I like it because it has a friendly interface, pleasant and easy to use, you can also acquire it at no cost. It also keeps me in touch with my colleagues at work and out of the fast, through different devices. On the other stop allows conversations between several users in real time and have a private chat.

What do you dislike?

I do not like it because it does not allow the development of highly complex ideas in the work team that could allow new contributions for the solution of problems. I also do not like the fact that having the free plan, the storage capacity is reduced. I also do not like it because it does not show the last activity that the user does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this extraordinary work tool because it facilitates and encourages participatory and spontaneous communication among users. This has a significant impact on the organizational dynamics of the company. I also openly recommend this program because it allows for a simultaneous follow-up of the development of the projects by the entire team.

One of the benefits that the application gives me is the fluid communication between the participants of the group who are continuously informed of the requirements of the company. Another benefit that we have obtained is that the chap allows interaction in the working group in order to provide relevant ideas and opinions that facilitate the implementation of new strategies.

Slack review by Hayley E. B.
Hayley E. B.

"Slack organizes communication with coworkers and teams"

What do you like best?

The organization of communication is really helpful- you can have different channels for different groups, as well as individual messaging. This communication is also organized in a way that is simple and quick- it combines the simplicity of text messaging with the communication variety of email, and it does so on an easy-to-use platform.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my notifications don't come through on my device. I'm not sure how or why, but sometimes others will receive notifications before I do which can leave me behind occasionally in conversations. Additionally, sometimes I feel like I receive notifications when I don't care to receive them (aka, when I've gone home for the day or am taking the day off). I've only been using the program for a couple weeks however- maybe there is a setting where I can adjust my notification settings.

We are solving the problem of email within the company. I have realized that Slack is like combining the speed and simplicity of text or messaging applications with the range of communication ability of an email. And it is all in an easy-to-use, easy-to-organize, appealing setting.

Slack review by Bhavesh M.
Bhavesh M.

"The workplace chat system that we needed 10 years ago."

What do you like best?

Slack keeps everyone in the loop all the time. I love the flexibility for it to be used as a social chat platform or a comprehensive work messenger app. Above all, I appreciate the simple and intuitive UI of the whole app. It functions exactly as you'd expect and delights in a few places when you least expect. The growing number of integrations shows it'll be here for a long time.

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike about Slack. I'd say if I had to search for something, it would be the way it handles being 'online' vs being 'away'. I find that if I don't turn my status to 'away', it sometimes stays online.

Another potential improvement would be a way to 'group' slack channels so the social and work ones can be separated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a couple weeks to build out the right channels and get used to Slack if you're coming from an email-heavy environment. If you're switching from Google Chat or Facebook messenger, you'll find that Slack handles integrations and features for tech companies really well. The ability to format code, integrate with Google drive, take polls etc... is what separates it from the competitors.

We've essentially eliminated email in our day to day. Slack is used to create mini groups to tackle action items after a meeting, takes care of daily and weekly updates across teams and the whole organization, and we syncing it with Trello to show updates and track progress on projects.

Even socially, the office has created a plethora of channels for groups of people with common interests.

Slack review by Shaliah Ruth M.
Shaliah Ruth M.

"Slack Review"

What do you like best?

-Slack helps connect remote teams

-Synchronous Activity Drives Engagement

-The Opportunities for On boarding are Excellent

-Slack keeps an archived message repository

-You don’t need to be a programmer to figure it out, customize it, or get your team up and running. Slack is also a top choice for freelancers, who need to manage multiple projects and teams, who may not work with one another.

-Approachable Design - Clean lines, great use of color, and only showing options that you need right then make Slack easy for anyone to use.

What do you dislike?

-It distracts people too much from work, especially the notifications that cannot be turned off.

-When trying to verify effective communication to team members, it would be nice to have "read receipts" similar to iOS Messages.

-Every now and then Slack will throw a fit and disconnect randomly for no more than two minutes at a time. It's annoying, but it doesn't break the entire deal down considering it's short lived tantrum.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slack is open toward modern web integrations - to automate everything into a Slack channel. There are tons of ways of reflecting project progress into your slack channels - which means you can most likely automatically keep everyone updated via your project management software.

Many of the features are fun and incredibly helpful, but not easily discoverable or innate. This is evidenced by the NEED for SlackBot and the initial user tutorial, but at least there's something there to help! I find it non-intuitive to attach a file to share with others.

Slack review by Jason G.
Jason G.

"My Slack Review"

What do you like best?

Slack is an excellent online communication tool with a rich collection of settings and options. It's not your traditional work group chat tool, but there's nothing better for messaging and back-channel chat.

What do you dislike?

There is no calendar, task-management, or other collaboration features. Requires thoughtful use to be effective. It distracts people too much from work, especially the notifications that cannot be turned off. So you have this red thing telling you there is a new message which makes it very hard to continue working and be not looking at it right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like what I said, Slack is an excellent private back channel. Great for nonessential communication and discussion. Wonderful, rich set of tools and options.

Having a searchable history of the entire team’s communication dramatically accelerates the process of getting up to speed. Excellent private back channel. Great for nonessential communication and discussion. Wonderful, rich set of tools and options.

Slack review by Ofir B.
Ofir B.

"At first I was sceptic. "

What do you like best?

After using Slack for over a year now there are multiple features I love about this online tool.

Being able to start a thread and always go back to that specific thread without going lost in an endless stream of messages is priceless, on top of that, being able to search across multiple channels is crucial.

What do you dislike?

I was going to say I hate the fact that you can't comment on a photo in a thread - but they recently fixed it, so other than that I don't really dislike anything about it but I think they could do a better job with their notification settings. perhaps predicting the likelihood of a user to interact with a specific channel?

Team communication in threads is awesome, collaboration on projects and especially private project you do not wish to share with the entire team, polls and generally speaking sharing knowledge across the org.

Still haven't explored many integration possibilities and bots for Slack - but I will get to that in the future.

Slack review by Bakhtawar A.
Bakhtawar A.

"The Best Cloud Based Project Management Software!"

What do you like best?

Slack is very easy to use. Best thing about this is that this software is cloud based and isn’t even that expensive. The price of $6.67/user/month is quite low for a software which gives you so many benefits. Slack can be accessed through your internet browser on your laptop or via the mobile application on your phone. Every team or project has its own unique Slack ID or address which is again something quite different.

What do you dislike?

I don’t have any major problems with this software. I think If something needs to be improved is the mobile application. Other than this, no issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I will recommend this software as this will only bring peace to your life. Files can be shared instantly, polls can be arranged, opinions can be asked and all advices are heard. Just a few benefits named to get this software

Having a large team means a lot of collaboration and teamwork required. This is where Slack comes in. Slack has almost replaced emails in my company. Separate groups are made for different teams / projects. Everyone can discuss their problems or share their progress regarding their project making life easier for managers like me. In this way I am kept in the loop of all conversations among my team. In emails, a lot of information was lost but essential information can be shared directly with me by only tagging me (by @) so it can come to my attention.

Slack review by Christine M.
Christine M.

"Slack user review"

What do you like best?

I like best the Team interaction feature, as we can all collaborate on a single chat per team, whether it is a team, group, or one-on-one chat conversation. We get to talk anything we need to discuss and add reactions like emojis that has a number of variety.

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing that I didn't like about Slack. Everything seems to work well and are very useful, so all good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slack is an excellent online communication tool with a rich collection of settings and options. It has a variety of emojis which you will surely love when you are in a communication platform. It's not a soup-to-nuts collaboration tool, but there's nothing better for messaging and back-channel chat. Excellent! Very great for communication and discussion. Wonderful, rich set of tools and options. You can also set your status with an emoticon. Discuss past and new things with your Team. Set reminders for any meeting to yourself or to your teammates.

Team communication, task clarifications, reminders, etc. Benefits? It is the great communication in every chat channel or groups.

Slack review by Heather S.
Heather S.

"The BEST Chat Tool EVER"

What do you like best?

I love that slack is easy to use and very intuitive. Everything about the notifications can be customized, from keyword mentions to usernames. Channels can be created in seconds, as well as private conversations between multiple users. Everything is in alphabetical order, threads can be created under any message ... it combines the best features of forums and live chats alike. Forget your password? They'll email you a magic link so you can login with ONE CLICK. How amazing is that!?

What do you dislike?

I dislike that all color schemes are not customizable. The ones available are quite boring. The system itself has malfunctioned a handful of times, but was only down for a few minutes at most. I'll take a few minutes of outage for a platform as gorgeous and easy to use as this one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is very useful, reliable, and intuitive. There is not a better chat program out there. I've used chat programs like skype for business (which is utterly confusing with a disgusting user interface) and nothing compares to the easy and clarity of Slack.

My company can create channels between multiple users across MULTIPLE COMPANIES! It is so much easier to communicate with colleagues at other organizations at the touch of a button without having to deal with annoying mass emails or texts.

Slack review by Cristian F.
Cristian F.

"A must tool for every company"

What do you like best?

The easy of use of this program is one of its most beneficial aspects. Furthermore, you can keep things really tidy with no effort at all, and it also let you incorporate applications to your workspace in the application to make things even easier adding new funcionalities that will save a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

The worst part of the software is that the free version is limited to a number of messages, so you can lose relevant information if that is your only way of communicating inside your company. The prices are ok, but maybe it would be too much for some small/start up companys.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may seem like another communicative tool, but give a try and you will not want to use another similar tool once you have discoverd all its benefits and all the things this application can do for you in time record with great quality.

All kinds of problems related with communication and team management since it allow integration with another tools like Trello in order to make all the things in one place. Thanks to this, this application has become in a time saver for all the users of the company.

Slack review by Chance M.
Chance M.

"Slack for Production"

What do you like best?

Slack is a multi-platform chat program that allows me to open up channels for every different project I'm woking on. It also allows for sub-conversations within a channel and integration with other products such as file storage.

What do you dislike?

Having a different user account for each company is a little strange. Every time I change devices I have to sign into slack several times as I am a part of several organizations and teams. Understanding the links with file sharing can be a little cumbersome if everyone in the channel doesn't have the appropriate access to the file share.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slack works great right out of the box, however, if you want to utilize most of the advanced user and moderation features, your going to want to take some time to go through them all. There are a lot of options. Also, if you plan to use a file storage system, everyone in the conversation needs to have access to the files you are sharing. I would also highly recommend learning the tags you are going to use frequently. The tags can do a lot if you know the commands.

Every week is a new production. Sometimes I have the same people and sometimes I have a brand new crew. Slack give me a place to communicate with everyone no matter what device they are using. We can keep all the conversations related to each project segregated along with any documents related to them.

Slack review by Chris T.
Chris T.

"SLACK is a great collaboration and team management application"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to receive notifications when items are posted that are of interest to me. The application is very flexible and also allows me to receive desktop notifications as well as notification on my mobile device through the mobile app. I like that I can multiple Slack channels that allow me to organize topics by team and applications. I also like that you can send direct messages to other users in Slack as needed which reduces clutter in the user interface. The ability to add attachments to share is a really nice feature as well. This could include screen shots or other documents.

What do you dislike?

One of the areas I would like to see improved is the ability to connect new users. Unless you remember the channel you were invited to you may not be able to sign up/register. Older messages may not be available when searching if your workspace has over 10,000 messages. This could be problematic the longer you use the product and need access to history.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need other alternatives you could use google docs to share information.

Slack has allowed us to reduce and consolidate various listservs as well as communicate effectively across devices and organization regardless of location.

Slack review by Eric P.
Eric P.

"Great chat tool for agency work"

What do you like best?

Of all the chat solutions I've used over the years, I find that Slack provides the most freedom while also being one of the most user friendly.

What do you dislike?

A small thing, but direct message channels will disappear if you 1) have more than 10 and 2) have no recent chats. The solution I found was to star my coworkers so they were all always present.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of my favorite (albeit small) features of Slack compared to other platforms (like Google Chat) is the ability to build subgroups. Most chat platforms will give you the ability to tag everyone on a channel, but with Slack, I can tag our entire marketing team at once (e.g. @mktg) instead of tagging the team members individually. This really helps when you've got lots of diverse roles on a particular channel and tagging "@channel" would send alerts to people who don't need it.

We use Slack in our agency, and it's made a big difference since the old days of email and gmail chat. We have better records of our communications together, organized by client, and use integrations to plug more data in as well.

Slack review by Elspeth W.
Elspeth W.

"Easy to Use, efficient"

What do you like best?

Slack is great for instant messaging, between groups and individuals. One can easily share files with colleagues and even do voice and video chats. I love how dynamic and easy to use Slack is. The vioce and video call are very easy to use and allow for ease of conversation.

What do you dislike?

It can be glitchy. On occasion, slack will close without a notification, and I will miss messages as a result. This is frusturating, but does not happen too frequently. I always make sure to double check that slack is open, especially when working remotely so I do not miss any important messages, If a message is left unawswere for long enough I will receive a reminder e-mail which is a great help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slack is a great tool, that allows for organized workplace conversations. If you need to chat with an individual, a small group, or the entire team it can be done efficiently and effectively through Slack. Share files, make voice and video calls, Slack allows users to do it all.

It is easy to keep in contact with all team members whether they are in the office or working remotely. It is easy to organize conversations in different channels and keep conversations focused with threads. Slack allows me to have evrything in one place. If for some reason I am not sure where informaiton might be I can easily search Slack to find the information, and conversation, I need.

Slack review by Marshall B.
Marshall B.

"Easy Communication Method"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to integrate the Slack platform into your computer so you get real time updates on the desktop screen. This allows me to run the program in the background and work until someone needs to contact me.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes upon start up the Slack software will bog the computer, but once it is open and running there aren't any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reminiscent of the MSN/AOL/Yahoo Messenger days, this allows your company to implement a communication platform and create different "rooms" for different users, as well as communicate directly with other users as you discuss/collaborate in real time, plus you can send files/documents through Slack to other colleagues instead of using email which can lag at times.

My colleagues and I use this platform while in the office to communicate without having to get up from our desk or call each other. Since we are in a smaller office, we are able to communicate effectively while working elsewhere, on phone calls, or also even while collaborating on a document.

Slack review by Joshua H.
Joshua H.

"A Great Chat Client for All "

What do you like best?

Slack has features that make it easy to share files, code, or your screen effortlessly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Slack is easy to use and intuitive, and also comes packed with features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a chat client that works for designers, developers, managers, and everyone in between, Slack should be your goto chat client. You can star and pin items so you can find things that are important to you or others later on without having to search. But if you need to search, you can easily find conversations or group chats related to your keywords without having to switch to a different screen. Slack also does calls and screen sharing with a "whiteboard"/drawing ability to point to, circle, and freehand draw right on your screen in real time, for everyone on the call to see. Overall, I'd recommend Slack to anyone who is frustrated or just not happy with other programs like Skype or Hangouts because Slack just works. Slack is easy to setup, easy to invite others to your company slack channels, and using it feels fun, not like a tool or typical software because you can add your own emojis to the stock list included with Slack out of the box.

We don't use email unless we need to communicate with a client that doesn't have slack, and we typically have fewer calls/screenshares because we can share code snippets directly in the chat.

Slack review by Rebecca G.
Rebecca G.

"Way to communicate and and share information!"

What do you like best?

I like that it feels like instant messaging and is a very clean layout! I can easily share pictures and talk to people through this app. The sidebar is very easy to navigate and I feel comfortable using the app. I also like the easy to use mobile app as well. This makes submitting pictures much easier. You can also use this app as a way to communicate to yourself, like a private to-do list! The tagging aspect is also really cool that you can get a notification not only when somebody shares something in the channel, but also when you specifically get tagged in a post! I always get notifications for that.

What do you dislike?

I do not always get notifications that there is a new message on the slack channel that I am subscribed to. There are so many features that I do know about, so maybe more information on the different features would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use it! Make sure you explore the app so you know all that it has to offer. Use the slackbot when you need help. For my company, the slackbot will tell me the meaning of acronyms.

I am able to communicate with other teachers about lesson ideas, student struggles, and meeting information. It avoids having to have so many in person meetings, which takes up time. We can have a videochat and talk on slack at the same time and share information.

Slack review by Marcus W.
Marcus W.

"Useful repository of information"

What do you like best?

Since implementing Slack within our organization, we have eliminated likely 99% of all internal emails.

I like the extensions and add-ons. We trigger webhooks from our internal applications when things go wrong so we are instantly notified on slack.

The ability to add in people from outside the organization for single channel purposes is very useful, as well as the shared channel option. These are great for working with our customers, so we can have a shared channel.

Slackbot is useful for setting up reminders. and love that there is a "search" for emojis. wish they had it on iphone.

Search functionality is important as alot of information can get buried.

What do you dislike?

The search UX is terrible. the side panel to do the search is such a pain, wish they would implement a stronger UX experience.

Communication with customers is better with single channel guests and shared channels.

Internal communications are more conversational. Can publicize conversations which make it easier. Not as chunky as an email.

Slack review by Laura G.
Laura G.

"great way to comunicate with others at work"

What do you like best?

Slack it's a very great communication enviroment and provides the possibility of create different channels to discuss diferent topics. It also let you create private channels or send private messages to users. I find it very useful. It also incorporates giphy and it's a plus to comunicate informaly with your colleges. It also provide integration with development tools like git and jenkins, I find it very useful when you are submiting code.

What do you dislike?

Despite Slack has a free version, I think it's a expensive tool for what it offers. The free version has a very strick limit of space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slack will make your life easier because it let you stay organized and you can communicate with all the people you invite, no matter if it's the same company or not.

We ara a very large group of people working in different parts of our country and we use Slack to keep in track of our work, comunicate the problems or news about our project. It's a great communication tool.

Slack review by Les D.
Les D.

"Best collaboration tool we have ever used"

What do you like best?

We are a distributed team - and we utilize Slack far more than any other tool in our organization. It's ease of use, and powerful features make working remotely extremely easy and seamless. From phone to desktop - Slack keeps us connected. With plugins/plugins we are able to receive notifications from other tools and solutions we use - including our own software.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything to dislike about this solution. The only thing that I would ask for is to be able to customize notification sounds by channel. This is nit-picky and in no way hurts the overall use of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to customize slack with their apps - it brings Slack to a whole new level. Integration of Google Docs is also a must.

With our entire organization in different locations - this piece of software allows us to communicate easily and quickly. No more inboxes full of emails with simple questions from co-workers, and no more meetings.

Slack review by Dina K.
Dina K.

"Convenient collaboration tool to stay in contact with your team"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to join the existing channels( participating in team conversations and have private chats), as well as easily set up your own channel ( which I did for my newly formed agency)

I like that I can setup "Sleep"status to snooz the notifications, and at the same time, in the working time be able to be on top of all conversations I am participating.

I am using Slack daily to stay in touch with my team, that works remotely.

And another benefit is that, being a member of other channels, I am always up to date about all the events and updates in our local tech community - I a receiving enough info that I don't need to look for it in different sources. Everybody is on Slack

What do you dislike?

Some little details, as, for example, the necessity to add my photo and profile description to every new channel I join,

Or, the channel directory- after using Slack almost for a year I still make a lot of clicks around the app to find where it is.

I only have to use another software ( Skype ) to make conference calls with my team ( using a screenshare function for all the participants)

Also, all the additional options, like creating polls and serveys, planning, calendar, etc- all these where out of my attention before I filled this survey

Recommendations to others considering the product

USe Slack for your own team, or just to become a part of a community in your industry.

I am organizing the conversation within my team- chatting, exchanging files, sharing info with all the team when needed, and controlling the remote work being always there.

Slack review by Clair T.
Clair T.

"Great office chat system "

What do you like best?

I have only used slack for about a year now and it is amazing. It is a great tool to quickly communicate with your team. The most useful part is the ability to create numerous channels that are categorized, making it significantly easier to find the relevant material discussed based on the topics.

What do you dislike?

I have had very few problems with slack; however, I have the app on my computer as well as my phone. I wish the app would send you notifications to your phone if it registers you are away from the desktop. I have missed notification before because it didn’t send to my phone and I wasn’t able to be on my computer for a day or more.

Ease of communication and tracking of important topics would be the biggest obstacle solved through this program. The search conversations feature also make life significantly easier when revisiting conversations from months prior.

Slack review by Tiffany M.
Tiffany M.

"Useful for medium to large teams"

What do you like best?

Being able to discuss different projects and keeping the environment professional is really important. Discussion can get lost very easily in Whatsapp, which we used to use. I also like how you can pin certain posts to ensure that they do not get lost, and how you can react to others' posts like you could on Facebook Messenger, which also keeps the environment more student-friendly. The newer feature which allows threads is also good as it ensures that discussions are compartmentalised and they do not get lost.

What do you dislike?

If channels are private, there is a lack of transparency between projects. Slack is really useful when you have 10+ people, any less than that, there is not much of a use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do try to backup important conversations if you want to keep using it for free. As we are a student organisation, we do not have the funds to upgrade.

Being able to standardise internal communications platform to ensure that there is a clear line between professional and personal space. This is especially important when interacting with student volunteers within our organisation to ensure that we can build a relationship with them through other meand such as Whatsapp.

Slack review by Yuvraj G.
Yuvraj G.

"Slack - The feature rich IM for work"

What do you like best?

Slack is an amazing collaboration tool which could replace Email in the future. Using slack you can stay connected with your colleagues in the organization and removes the hassle of scrolling through the various mail for communicating. The bots are important as they help users customize Slack and send alerts directly to slack channels. It is a great project management tool and you can use it from within the slack. You can also automate reminders, integrate Slack with other applications and you can create collaborated posts, polls and tasks for better informal communciation.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be a bit more colourful and could provide detailed instructions on how to create Slack Bots which users without technical experience can also use. Slack can also be distracting and annoying if you are part of too many channels and the channels do not post relevant information. It is built for shallow communciations and for communicating ideas within a large group of people may be disorganized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slack will make your lives easier by collaborating with multiple users disbursed across different geographical locations.

Business Problem

Replacing the over-usage of Email.

Slack review by Steven P.
Steven P.

"Slack helps makes things much more organized"

What do you like best?

I like Slack’s mobile application that works on both my iPhone and my Android. When I’m using Slack in the office on my desktop computer, I use Slack’s internet page. With all of the different options Slack provides users to access the platform, it is convenient and accessible from anywhere.

I also like that Slack offers many things that similar programs don’t offer - including enhanced security measures - while being free of charge at all levels. To have such a professional and reliable program be free is a huge reason why I’m an advocate of Slack.

What do you dislike?

A downfall of Slack is that when you’re using it through it’s website on a desktop computer, you lose many of the programs best features. This includes the notification feature. When using Slack on a desktop computer or laptop, since there is no way to download Slack, even if you’re logged in to Slack’s website, you don’t receive notifications for new messages or activity on your channels. The only way you can currently receive notifications is if you have Slack’s mobile application downloaded on a device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Slack for any company no matter how big or small. Slack makes it easy to stay organized and in touch with coworkers and employees. I recommend using channels to communicate regarding different topics or with individual teams to help keep conversations organized.

Slack allows you to not only communicate with others - which is a convenient way to communicate and share documents with others at work - but it also allows you to do things for yourself like set reminders and make to do lists. You can set alarms with reminders for yourself on Slacks mobile application and receive notifications directly from Slack. This is a benefit because Slack does so many different things - set reminders, make to-do lists, chat, share documents and photos, make face and voice calls - all from one application. No more switching between applications to do different things. Slack does it all which saves so much time.