This is an uber-chat for teamwork. In addition, from the competition, it positively differs in excellent features, such as:
- You can create a separate chat for each topic;
- Links to resources and images are load and display by snippets, approximately as in Fb;
- In the free version you have five gigabytes of file space for sharing;
- There is integration with a large number of external services. For example, you can set up an alert in Slack in two minutes about the fact that some cards have changed in Trello or new ones have been added. And, from different boards in different chats;
- There are customers for Android and for iOS. Unlike many other similar services, the Slack client does not put down the battery of my phone in four hours;
- The whole archive of messages is available always and everywhere;
- Search the entire archive of messages, plus the text inside the saved PDF;
And so on...
Slack is a service where all our work is happens. The members of my team did not immediately understand why it was cool, but now it became clear to everyone that it is much more convenient. Each team member receives notifications only about those messages that are address specifically to him. At the same time, archives of messages are available in all channels and they can always be re-read. Slack can be an excellent way to store files; also Slack can notify the appearance of new files, for example, on GDrive or other cloud services.