Slack

Slack brings all your communication together in one place. It’s real-time messaging, archiving and search for modern teams.

Work for Slack?

Reviewed On March 6, 2018

Video Review

Slack review by User in Internet
G2 Gives Campaign

If you're considering getting Slack, just do it

What do you like best?

I like the ability to stay up to date on internal conversations by subscribing to different channels. It keeps me in the know in real time, instead of waiting for a meeting to get updates. On a related note, it also declutters my email inbox, and makes meetings less about updates and more about being productive with our team's time. It's also great for our workplace culture, because I can join groups based on my interests and connect with colleagues on topics that matter to me.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be a distraction if people overuse it, but I'm pretty good about limiting the channels I'm subscribed to so that there isn't too much going on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend you implement Slack as a key communication and collaboration tool. It's one of the first things I open up when I start up my laptop, and it serves as the perfect channel to cross-collaborate with other teams, get answers quickly, share updates, and create function based groups.

Efficient team communication. Keep updates out of meetings, so that meeting time is spent in more productive ways.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Slack
Slack review by <span>Asia K.</span>
Asia K.

Most productive platform for organization and teams !

What do you like best?

Slack has so much functionality to use, it is not only about messaging program but also it is great way to be in communicate with your organization and inform each other for deadlines. Slack is the best software which can be integrated with many programs, platforms this is great for me. I really like to use Slack and have fun with it. you can easily create private chatroom or make it public with people. Slack is really easy to use without any complications.

What do you dislike?

there is only problem about slack is that mobile version has bugs and some functional problems, I do not really know why almost most software has mobile version problem I am always thinking about this issue so Slack has problem too I can only complain about this issue and there is no other problems for me about this software. I really like to use it and be part of it .

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend for anyone and for all companies. Slack is the best way to communicate, report the tasks and deadlines to your team members. Slack is really perfect software.

I am working with marketing department and we have offices in other cities as well so we need to be in touch always in anytime for reporting deadlines.also we are using Slack to communicate with our clients for fast feedback and informing. Thanks to Slack our organization is so active in marketing area and we increased our profitability with Slack.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Slack review by <span>Chloe H.</span>
Chloe H.

Great for everything from serious business to creating a great internal company culture

What do you like best?

The app's UI/UX is fantastic. It's so easy to use, even for beginners. It's also so great for implementing an internal company culture, with unlimited private and public chats for all your workplace banter!

What do you dislike?

Limited Function on free plans. Slack space can be filled really quickly; especially with a large number of staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before purchasing. Consider your companies growth.

Is the free package going to be of use if your slack space is going to be filled in a matter of week?

Working for a company which has employees around the globe, it can be difficult to get to know them or use their expertise. Slack makes it feel like they're right there in the office.

You can video conference, send large files, code etc at the touch of a button!

There is also scope for integrating apps into the Slack app. These include things like google drive, intercom, rss, timebot etc.

It's definitely helped our department get things done and be more proactive and productive!

Slack review by <span>Robert J.</span>
Robert J.

One service for solving hundreds of tasks

What do you like best?

This is an uber-chat for teamwork. In addition, from the competition, it positively differs in excellent features, such as:

- You can create a separate chat for each topic;

- Links to resources and images are load and display by snippets, approximately as in Fb;

- In the free version you have five gigabytes of file space for sharing;

- There is integration with a large number of external services. For example, you can set up an alert in Slack in two minutes about the fact that some cards have changed in Trello or new ones have been added. And, from different boards in different chats;

- There are customers for Android and for iOS. Unlike many other similar services, the Slack client does not put down the battery of my phone in four hours;

- The whole archive of messages is available always and everywhere;

- Search the entire archive of messages, plus the text inside the saved PDF;

And so on...

What do you dislike?

The lack of a client for Linux (partially solved by creating an Application Shortcut in Chrome). Although I already have a beta version, but I have not tried it yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to try this service. It is very convenient, has an excellent user interface and is easy to use.

Slack is a service where all our work is happens. The members of my team did not immediately understand why it was cool, but now it became clear to everyone that it is much more convenient. Each team member receives notifications only about those messages that are address specifically to him. At the same time, archives of messages are available in all channels and they can always be re-read. Slack can be an excellent way to store files; also Slack can notify the appearance of new files, for example, on GDrive or other cloud services.

Slack review by <span>Joseph J.</span>
Joseph J.

Slack is what you are looking for

What do you like best?

Slack really simplifies communication. You can always feel the connection of all employees, even if you work remotely. Instant messages with the help of a chat will let you be aware of the latest changes in the project. You can create several groups for communication for different projects; this will help you not to get confused in a large number of messages. You can use Slack not only on the desktop but also on your other gadgets and are not afraid that the information will be lost because synchronization in Slack is safe and fast.

What do you dislike?

I do not see any shortcomings in this service because it is very simple in its work and even a beginner can easily understand it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a service that will allow your team to work remotely on a single project, then Slack is what you are looking for. I'm sure that you have not used the simpler and more reliable program.

Before the appearance of Slack in our team, it was difficult to understand who is responsible for what and what needs to be done in the general project. Now with the help of Slack we work together and we do this not only quickly but also very qualitatively.

Slack review by <span>Micha v.</span>
Micha v.

Great customizable tool to stay in touch with all your co-workers

What do you like best?

Slack allows us to have an online meeting place for all different kinds of needs: agile scrum team members can quickly communicate within their group, departments can share knowlege to the entire team. No more email chains in which you forget to add people, or someone forgets to hit the reply-to-all when replying to a single email message. Also, this proved to help with improving transparency in all our communication.

What do you dislike?

Getting Slack to be a bit more professional (central IT managment, Single Sign on, access to older logs), you have to go with the paid plan. But this seems rather pricey compared to getting the full GSuite.

As mentioned above, we now have a way more transparent and open communication tool that helps everyone across the company. Sometimes you now ask a question in a public channel, and you get help from unexpected colleagues for which you would not have guessed they would have that specific knowledge or experience.

Learning about Slack?

* We monitor all Slack reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.