Do you work for Slack?

Slack Reviews & Product Details

What is Slack?

Slack is your single workspace that connects you with the people and tools you work with everyday, no matter where you are or what you do. With Slack you get real-time messaging through calls and chat, a searchable record of all your files and conversations, and integrations with a growing number of handy bots and apps. Now everyone can finally be on the same page and get their work done. Slack: It’s where work happens.

Slack Screenshots

Slack Reviews

1-50 of 14411 total Slack reviews

Slack Reviews

1-50 of 14411 total Slack reviews
Slack review by Kirsty R.
Knowledge Center Manager
Most Recent Slack Video Review

"Stupendous Slack"

Slack review by Matthew W.
Software Developer

"Powerful, convenient chat software that can be a bit overwhelming at times"

What do you like best?

Grouping conversations into channels, using it on my desktop (on both Windows and Linux) and on my phone.

What do you dislike?

The interface seems intuitive or overwhelming at first. It's an overall negative experience trying to figure out how to join channels, mute them, search for messages or files posted, etc. Overall though, it's such a useful tool that I forced myself to overcome these things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether you use Slack or an open source alternative, embrace tools like this. You get more value out of having colleagues if you can interact with them instead of them staying strangers. To deal with boundary issues, make sure you're clear with your supervisors that unless you're literally on call, you're under no obligation to answer messages outside of work hours.

Communicating with other teams at work who are in different areas of the building. Specifically, we have a social channel which everyone joins which helps getting to know other people and feeling more welcome at work.

Slack review by Wesley A.
Founder

"Fantastic tool for communicating, plus ability to integrate with other services is amazing"

What do you like best?

Being able to chat with colleagues or partners is so easy with Slack, even if you have a free account. This makes communication much faster and also provides greater control on how you handle out of office communication too. I just love the integration capability with Slack too - using slash commands to trigger external actions / devices is fantastic, as well as being able to integrate incoming actions too.

We use this to keep tabs on various services - being able to see notifications at a glance, and in one place, is so convenient.

What do you dislike?

Not a great deal to be honest! There is so much to do in Slack, it is so useful. I guess the only major downside is that it closes the gap from being in the office to being out of it, so it's easier (harder?) to get away from work at times as a result.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. Your communication will be revolutionised and you'll be able to do a lot more than any email will do. Having the advantage of integrating with third-party tools is fantastic, and should be used as part of the service if you need to keep tabs on other aspects in your work life. Highly recommended solution and we've never looked back.

Communication and being able to get statuses on external services - website uptime, notifications etc., are all easy to do with Slack. It makes email look ancient!

Slack review by Mackenzie M.
Production Coordinator

"Slack is Okay for the right business"

What do you like best?

I use slack everyday at work and it is how we communicate with each other without disturbing each other's concentration and space. I started using slack 2 years ago and I can definitely see how easy it is to get stuff done and get the messages out to the team.

It's basically like a group messenger for work with additional benefits. It even allows GIFs which is pretty awesome. The team members are always on it and sharing each other's fun facts for the day and issues they ran into. it is great to get any new team member onboard really fast and part of the community. It makes people be engaged and part of the project in a much deeper level.

What do you dislike?

Slack can be an issue if the team use it for more than just work most of the times, From what I can tell, there is no way to snooze notifications from specific DMs, as the snooze applies to all. Not ideal, as there is a DM with a group that is more social than work related, and it would be nice to set that to snooze, whilst remaining not on snooze via the other DMs, so anything work related still notifies me. There is a notify button though, so even if you are snoozed, and someone messages you, they can send a nudge to alert you, if its important.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would get your company to spring for the paid version if possible.

The free usage policy is very good, and for small teams is ideal. On a large organisation, you will quickly hit you limit, and old messages will begin to be removed, so if this is important to keep, then its best to check out their paid for version. It is good for keeping all of our conversations in one place without having to use personal texts.

Slack review by Scott M.
Sales manager

"Effective and simple communication with your work team"

What do you like best?

Slack is the perfect tool for any company or organization that needs an effective communication, permanent, 24/7 and that is stable. In every department that makes many meetings, conferences and the speed of the execution of work is essential you can use Slack and you will see an exponential growth in its performance. It is very useful the tool to add threads and have threads of conversation within the department.

The file transfer is quick and efficient, I also like how I can customize the states of each person.

You can create channels for each project and with this, make sure you have good communication with each project.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not achieved something that I dislike about Slack, it is perfect for my work its functioning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slack is one of the best fast communications business platforms, consider this product without hesitation and you will see how its efficiency increases exponentially. There will no longer be excuses for delays and lost time in your company.

Slack allows me to connect with all my colleagues and maintain an effective and fast communication, thanks to the application can be synchronized with Asana we can easily track the project and see the progress of each stage. In addition, you can see the assigned tasks.

Slack provides us with a unique interface from which to handle instant messages and can decrease the amount of daily mails that should be sent within the company.

Slack review by Johann L.
Agile Sr. Business Analyst (Under Contract)

"Best communication tool ever!"

What do you like best?

Slack is the default. Just like you "Google" something you "Slack" someone. Slack is intuitively easy to use and it's mobile app and desktop version make it easy to respond to your team and your group. I like the #tags and it's easy to create channels, send direct messages, and send invitations.

I like that you can also connect apps to your Slack channel. (Trello, Google Calendar, Zapier, and Zendesk just to name a few).

What do you dislike?

My minor dislike (struggling to find one) is the phone. There's an option to call someone using Slack. Most of the time it works (for me that's 90% of the time) and I don't use the phone functionality all that much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your channels set the tone for the conversation. Let channels evolve naturally and be clear on the admin role. I actually use more of Slack's mobile app than I do the desktop app. The desktop app works great, however, if you're like most folks you want your quick communication tools to be on your mobile device.

Communicating across the globe and with folks in the office. It's difficult to keep track of conversations and attachments using email. Some of the benefits I've seen include:

* problems get solved without having to have a big meeting - you get to the point quickly.

* fewer meetings and folks just dropping by your desk

* easy to share files

Slack review by jason m.
Management Executive
(10,001+ employees)

"channels and effective daily communication with slack"

What do you like best?

Effective communication has always been an important point in the development and performance of any company, slack is the software that I currently use and it is excellent. It allows me to establish groups and channels and maintain real-time communications not only with company employees but also with the suppliers and customers allowing a better marketing and improving sales strategies with more effective personalized scopes, the program offers a rapid deployment and its tools are modern and very good, over time it has improved a lot but still has connection and communication errors that must improve, sometimes the software gets slow and good communication becomes difficult, it is important that in the next improvements make adjustments that offer improvements, the provider is fast and the service is active every day at all times answering questions by different means such as mail calls or messages, the cost is very good could say that it offers a good value because the program has very good benefits and advantages compared to other similar programs.

What do you dislike?

in some occasions the platform has connection failures and it is difficult to make real-time management is something that must be improved, this failure is important since it causes delays

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to improve communications, communications and the sales market, the program is very good. I recommend doing tests and channels to have good reach.

We improve relationships not only among employees, we understand and solve the needs of very demanding buyers, and establish a faster means of communication with suppliers and future customers.

Slack review by Nicole D.
Associate Producer

"Slack brought our office into the 21st century"

What do you like best?

The ease of one off communication and mass communication within a small company. As a company who didn't have a communication method before hand, this is revolutionary. It's much more efficent than G chat. The use of channels and group messaging makes everything more organized and fun and the @ feature is key for notifications.

What do you dislike?

Attaching photos can sometimes be difficult but overall there isn't much to dislike. I think this is just because we dont have premium but in the version my company uses, only a certain number of messages save so that can get frsutrating when you need to search further back. Truly it fits all the needs we have for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have a corporate communications system, this is the answer.

Our office used to start a daily email thread to alert everyone of their whereabouts for the day, i.e. coming in late, leaving early, out sick, etc. and it amazed me that people were still working that way. For a small company like ours, having an office communicator server wasn't an option so Slack filled a serious need. Being able to work together quickly and efficiently when people work remotely is invaluable. Being able to @ everyone all at once so the entire company can recieve a notification without cluttering everyone's inbox is awesome. I can not even remember how we got things done before this and we could never go back!

Slack review by Bobby E.
Web Programmer
(10,001+ employees)

"the option with more business communication privileges from any device"

What do you like best?

I like the customer service offered by the Slack plus package for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week I can work with my team from anywhere, whether it's on my table or computer phone with a rather fast platform and a very nice interface for the user.

Now the team can be updated during any project or event which allows the organization to save time and more performance in the work strategies

What do you dislike?

slack is somewhat deficient in operating systems such as windows 10 and 7 videoconferencing are not stable because the connection tends to be lost.

In team meetings sometimes my colleagues take time to join the chat because the program freezes and delays the team

the same message is seen twice at the start of the session

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using the Mac version with your standard plan if you want to work with your team or the plus for larger companies with all the unlimited features so that the organization works in a more fluid and personalized way

adjustments are being made to the projects and we use the Slack to carry out the meetings through conferences, which has increased the level of ease to make the work more communicative and interesting.

Slack has several options of great utility that I have been getting to further customize the experience with this software as the different types of channels including the private channel that is used a lot by our company, allowing each user to manage an unlimited number of workspaces

Slack review by Philip B.
System Manager
Telecommunications

"authentic software to communicate anywhere with my company's team"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to configure my workspace and guide the team with its support service in real time, I also like the compatibility with all types of files and I can manage it on my tablet turning Slack into my favorite tool to communicate with my work team

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

my recommendation is to download the Plus version with a very flexible cost that gives us more privileges when it comes to having the complete package, using the customer service 24/7

help to visualize the most common problems with a wide information to quickly know the problem that is sought and solve it comfortably.

currently working with the IT team on aerologic projects to make improvements and modifications and I was able to discover one of its new advantages that Slack integrates for example the IFTTT that offers interesting ways to incorporate applications. This could mean using the location of a smartphone to notify a channel of the team when it arrives at the office or reminding team members to send expense forms before the end of the month.

Slack had an excellent implementation integration by the IT team that proved that the tool can create internal tools, bots and applications that allow sharing external information, monitor more accurately the performance of applications and centralize communications with my team

Slack review by Adrian E.
systems integrator
(10,001+ employees)

"Optimizing parallel communication in my organization"

What do you like best?

What I like most is that it is a multiple device with which you can work from the web, a mobile, a desktop or a tablet, and another feature that I also like is its ability to allow conversations in parallel.

Monitor progress and perform iterations with my team as it is shared with the video call options obtaining more dynamic communication between teams

What do you dislike?

what I do not like is that the connection is lost several times or the calls are usually slow

Sometimes I have problems accessing slack because it lags

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Slack Plus is ideal for organizations to have a unique communication performance, there are many advantages that Slack achieves when it comes to making projects, meetings or conferences in a more efficient way from anywhere in the world you can also have the Android and IPhone app and find out about the changes or modifications of the tasks that are being done by placing this software as one of the best I have tested to date.

Slack has a very interactive and fun interface for any user

Currently we use Slack to obtain better communication in equipment and perform various tasks, adjustments and changes in several projects of aerologic44, one of the advantages is that this product gives us a great help with private channels and technical support is always available in the moment we need it, another advantage is that I can synchronize through skype and make meetings with my team what is fantastic

Slack review by George R.
System Programmer
(10,001+ employees)

"best strategic communication tool for the IT team of my organization"

What do you like best?

The capacities that I found most attractive are that the teams work in channels, only place to communicate, share files and make decisions, reduce the number of meetings and emails necessary to carry out a project.

other of the capabilities that I like is to be able to drag images, videos, and PDF between users

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it prevents me from loading the message or has server errors that prevent the application from connecting and loading correctly

the connection is lost several times or the calls are usually slow

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using the chatbot whenever there are questions

the support has a customer service and a help area to visualize the most common problems with a wide information to quickly know the problem that is being sought and solve it comfortably.

automation tools such as IFTTT (If This, Then That) offers interesting ways to incorporate different applications that allows you to use the location of a smartphone to notify a channel of the team when it arrives at the office or remind team members to send expense forms before the end of the month

I recommend using the mobile app that helps you find out what's going on at all times with the team's conversations

It is analyzing several project models to improve the progress of the company with the team.

I realize that with this software I have had better performance and communication with the team to better control the projects.

The new option that I discovered was its automation tool that offers interesting ways to incorporate different applications

Slack review by Samuel C.
Sales analyst

"Perfect app to communicate with your team"

What do you like best?

Slack is amazing. It is an app that allows us to communicate easily in our team, with the possibility of grouping email and messaging in a single screen. It is very fun and we can add emojis. It is very possible to create public and private channels and with this to manage the team meetings, besides that the integration with third party applications works very well. I also love being able to connect from any device, the mobile application has good use.

The personalization of the states is very dynamic and favors to have good mood to everyone in the group, this I consider very important.

Slack has a very easy to use interface and one can browse through it and its tabs quickly. .

What do you dislike?

They should improve the search system, it does not work as well as it could.

The learning curve can be abrupt for new users, they could use a better wizard for novice users.

The quality of the video calls is not the best and they tend to fall, in this they must improve a lot even.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Slack if it requires effective communication, but also evaluate what level of promptness you need in your interaction. Slack can become a social network losing effectiveness and efficiency if it is not clear to what extent you can use it. It can also be an instrument of abusive bosses over time of their employees.

The permanent communication in the work environment is the most outstanding thing that I have taken Slack out, it is neceasary and very opportune to have the disposition to my team in the same desk and to be able to make queries quickly. Decrease the number of emails sent and received a day is a great help, personally I consider that the emails is not the best method to maintain an effective and fast communication with your co-workers.

Slack review by Chetan S.
Technical Lead QA (Mobile)

"One Of The Best Messaging Tools"

What do you like best?

All the features that Slack offers are good to have, for example, voice and video calls, text messages, option to react to messages and direct reply to the messages, delete messages, easy to search text in conversations, pinning messages to be able to access them later, creating channels (groups), defining channel purpose, audience, privacy and visibility. Channel specific notifications can also be set. Multiple work-spaces can be added so that you can handle all the discussions from one place.

Also, its easy integration with other apps like Google Drive, Jira Cloud, Howdy, Google Calendar, Evernote, Bitbucket, Giphy etc. is a real help. It also has apps across all devices/platforms like Windows app, MAC OS, Android and iOS mobile apps, desktop website so its really on the go. It is easy to use, can set profile status, have a lot of emoji's to use and creating a custom emoji is also possible.

What do you dislike?

Read status of the messages is not available. Apart from that I did not find any drawback while using Slack since a long time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it, it really has a lot of features with just one drawback that there is no read status of your message like hangouts, otherwise it is much better.

We are using slack for communication purpose company-wide. Its availability across devices and easy integration with other apps like Google Drive, Jira Cloud, Howdy, Google Calendar, Evernote, Bitbucket, Giphy etc. is a real help.

Slack review by Kate B.
Marketing Communications Manager
Internet

"Stay in the Loop 24/7 and Unite Your Team!"

What do you like best?

Slack is amazing for quick communication. You can group people together in private or public channels and keep communication focused. Plus, it's fun and you can add giphys and emoji to boost everyone's energy and camaraderie. There are lots of integrations too. For example, I have one set up that sends me Slack notifications every time someone comments or makes changes in one of my Google Docs. You can also connect with multiple workspaces and get alerts from all of them. I'm on the board of a non-profit and we use Slack for that as well. It's great having all my notifications in one spot. The app works great too so you can respond to messages on the go. This has been great for instances when I'm not at my computer and people at work need to contact me.

What do you dislike?

Slack does create a culture of being on 24/7. As long as you work somewhere that values work-life balance, it'll be fine, but it can create anxiety as people usually expect a response from you right away. It can sometimes be a distraction to have a bunch of alerts happening while you're working on something or in meetings. Also, if you have too many channels, it can get to be too much. I have to mute a lot of the channels I'm in to avoid nonstop alerts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to be clear about expectations for your team to maintain work-life balance. If my boss Slacks me in the evening, he'll usually say something at the beginning like "Ignore until tomorrow..." so I don't feel obligated to jump into action right away. Slack does let you mute notifications for a particular timeframe and you can use away messages if you're on vacation or out sick, which definitely helps as well. Also, make sure you trust your team to get things done and stay on task. Slack can create distractions for some people, which I'm guessing could lead to lower productivity. Overall, though, it really makes work fun and connects people, so in my opinion, that outweighs any decrease in production.

I use it to communicate with my team at work and it makes it to easy to stay connected and rapidly react. If there's a fire I have to put out, Slack makes it easy for me to know right away and react quickly. It's also great for getting people together who share similar interests. We have a few channels for activities like karaoke and interests like recipe sharing. It makes it easy and fun to get to know your coworkers.

Slack review by Sabrina B.
General Manager

"Slack is a time saver! "

What do you like best?

Slack is great for team communication. It makes chatting with remote workers seamless, and keeps conversations organized by topic (or "channel"). The connection and quick communication it allows between our team saves time and emails.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I sometimes find myself bothered with is when I have a number of messages to catch up on in a few different channels... when I end up clicking around between them, the channels of course no longer indicate "unread" messages. It would be nice to still be able to see that a certain channel had recent activity, as I find myself clicking between channels to search for a recent convo when I don't remember specifically which channel the convo happened in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slack is a great tool for connecting team members for quick and effective communication. It's simple to use, and our whole team benefits from it.

Quicker communication for things that would otherwise require walking over to another area of the office for something really minor. And rather than sending emails back and forth between the team, Slack helps keep open communication within the team that ends up resolving issues faster than through email threads.

Slack review by Marcus P.
JavaScript Full Stack Instructor

"An excellent platform for keeping your company connected and in the loop. Better than email"

What do you like best?

I like the depth of the organizational capabilities found within this program. It is quick and efficient and allows for IM and Email all in one place. The organizations, channels, and DM capabilities provide a great way of organizing within bigger companies as well.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike. I guess if I had to target something it would be that unless you buy the full system (which is quite expensive) your history gets filled up and then you can't view it anymore. Other than that I feel like this meets all of the needs that I have for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a large company that needs communication more efficient than email, USE SLACK!!

I essentially discussed this above, but just helps with stay connect, quick communication, and it facilitates organization. We are a Dev School so slack is something that we are constantly using to communicate with staff and students. A definite necessity!

Slack review by Kinga O.
Owner & Creative Director

"Best communicator ever!"

What do you like best?

Slack works smoothly and in a perfect way even for huge teams. Thanks to a nice feature of adding even big files and integrations with external tools, it can definitely meet business needs of many. We are integrated with Asana and Google Docs only, but we are going to give a try to many others.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes notificiations don't work or have a substantial delay, at least for a mobile app on iOS. Could be caused by customized settings though, so I don't consider that as an obstacle. Also, the quality of video calls is unstable, so for video calls we need to choose a different app unfortunately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slack is a great communication tool for huge teams. How to put together more than 100 people? Slack seems to be a good answer to that, offering a solution many would appreciate.

A smooth communication, uploading and downloading files. Thanks to a tagging feature, a particular person or project is involved in a heartbeat. I almost forgot what e-mail was while I was using that. Also, our clients find it easy to connect to our Slack and just exchange information there.

Slack review by brian yamanue b.
Ingeniero de sistemas

"Comunicate from any device!"

What do you like best?

the best thing that Slack have to offer is that i can connect to the chat room from the browser, from my smartphone or from the windows 10 app, that makes it easer for me to always keep in touch with the other members of the team and always get updates of the progress.

yes I know, there's a bunch of applications that offers similars features, but with slack it's like your regular chat room, but on steroides. you can share files, images directly in the general room, in the private room and even keep track of what files have you share and other have share. And even within multiples groups.

What do you dislike?

the windows application can be a little laggy, and sometimes the notifications don't match the time when the message arrives, or it's late or when you focus the application they all sound at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slack is like a chat room, but is not your typical chat room, always keep your conversations professionals and share only what you need to share.

If you have a big team, i recommend you don't use the free version, just buy the premium.

i use "slacksss to keep in contact with my teammembers from other locations, the comunication is in realtime, i can see if someone i need to talk is connected and i can search for any file i or anyother have share. that allows me to always keep track of the files that i need a click ahead.

Slack review by Madelen R.
Senior System Engineering

"Very good collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

We have had a breakthrough in regards to communication as a team and a company. We use it daily and intensely. The team behind the software is obviously using it and has a good eye on what would be a useful feature and what annoying annoyance.

What do you dislike?

The incorporation process is still a bit difficult. It's hard to explain what Slack is to others who are not familiar with it, and the learning curve can be a little abrupt, especially for those who feel more comfortable communicating via email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Truly for more than 1 years. We always had the need to communicate in a synchronous and asynchronous way and we used many different tools, such as Skype or all kinds of other text and voice chat solutions. Everything worked well.

My employees can post random gifs or talk about off-topic issues has not only helped create a good relationship across the team, it has also made Slack a more integrated part of our entire team structure. Employees can contribute more of themselves to work through Slack,

Slack review by Ariana C.
Accounting Manager

"Excellent way to avoid unnecessary meetings and/or emails"

What do you like best?

I like that it allows me to communicate with teammates in real time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it makes it too easy to be available sometimes, people can become used to having a quick response and question why you don't reply back quickly. There's no hiding during work hours anymore!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get rid of text and emails and get a real time response from your team. Using Slack gives you the ability to collaborate, solve and brainstorm one on one, as departments or as an entire company, I love it! You can choose the channels you wish to participate in. You forgot about "that one thing" so and so asked you to do?! No problem, the Slack search tool has your back. It' s so easy to search your entire history and weed out any unnecessary conversations.

I just discovered that I could call and screen share with teammates!!! We've recently gone from working at an office 100% to the complete office. The entire company now works from home. At first I though it would make it difficult to target programming and software problems that are so common in our company, but the screen share feature has made it incredibly easy to get help and problem resolved!

Slack review by Ben D.
Chief Analyst

"almost a great sharing & communications app for teams"

What do you like best?

I like Slack's feature set and the promise, often kept, of helping teams collaborate and share info. The interface is clean and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Slack hogs resources and the video conferencing seldom works at first try, on my Windows 10 or Windows 7 systems. It is very difficult to find things, and lacks a "back" button to enable you to retrace your steps. It's file storage is cryptic and it's impossible to find things that you have moved on from. The search function does not provide good results. It is difficult to know what's going to happen when you lick on a link. In general, it seems like Slack was designed byu high-school kids who have never actually worked in an office environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate with care. there may be better products for you.

Slack enables our remote workers, who are most of our team, to work together. Usually. Other times it presents technological hiccups and stumbling blocks that interferes with our work and causes a loss of concentration.

Slack review by Johan S.
Desarrollador Java Jr/BPM Jr

"Slack And How It Has Greatly Facilitated My Day-To-Day Work."

What do you like best?

A good and wonderful tool that facilitates your organization in the workplace. It has much in common with other recognized tools but what makes it my favorite are the so-called "channels" where we can have direct communication with the members, as well as mentions with @ to not lose the context of the conversation. Another part of what I like about Slack is that it is very customizable, you can add icons in the states that visually indicate what you might be working on. Your advanced notifications make it easy to know when you are talking about something that interests us. Finally, they can be connected to external applications that are currently highly recognized. I can assure that there are still new things to discover in this tool and for this reason I give it a 5 Stars.

What do you dislike?

It is very good but tends to look like a social network, giving more freedom to do things than you should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it, it has many facilities for communication and can be coupled with recognized applications. It's good to get organized

We communicate internally and schedule meetings through there.

Slack review by Kyle M.
Program Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Easy Implementation And Quick Adoption Across Organization"

What do you like best?

My team has thoroughly enjoyed using slack to communicate and collaborate around projects. Slack is very easy to navigate and user-friendly, making it easy to scale to new users who are not familiar with the platform. I have found that communication between different stakeholders on the projects and programs I manage has drastically increased since switching to Slack. There is plenty of useful features which will appeal to users who have used MS Teams in the past. This tool is just as useful for one on one chats as it is for sharing files as it is for having a video chat.

What do you dislike?

There is little to dislike. This is an amazing tool which continues to improve as new features and functionality are added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't delay in switching your teams communication to Slack. You won't regret it.

I enjoy being able to see my entire conversation history with an individual stakeholder or project team. On other communication tools, it was not always possible to view a conversation thread with a particular user, project team or group.

Slack review by adrianne l.
Part Specialist
Retail

"Slack for the win"

What do you like best?

I love how it is a group chat among you and co-workers making work more personal and easy to communicate. It gives a fun way of communicating in the office and getting messages around quick. I especially like that you can download slack to your phone. It is convenient in case there is something you need to relay to a co-worker who is out of the office.

What do you dislike?

Slack has minimal things I dislike. I think it would be clever if they gave you a reminder that you have not responded to a message. I sometimes open all my messages at the same time and forget one in the mix. I will later have a co-worker ask if I saw the message and quickly realize I opened it and forgot to respond.

Slack is just simply great for communication. Communication is a vital component in the workplace. I love coming in and knowing exactly what got done or what needs to be done from other co-workers in other countries or time zones.

Slack review by amit g.
Sr. QAE Manager

"Great communicator!"

What do you like best?

Slack has everything you need from a perfect communicator tool from letting you create a private channel to saving messages for your use later.

What do you dislike?

When you create a group and you cannot add any new person.

example: you want to create a group chat with A, B, C. Now little later if you want to invite D, you cannot simply add this person to the already existing chat. You would need to create a new group.

1. Reduces Email conversation that involves lot of back and forth communication time.

2. As far as mobile device goes, it is easy to use compared to Mail App.

3. Different channels for different business requirements helps to keep conversation in a container.

4. Slack audio and video calls are very handy if you have to converse with a team that is based some where else in the world which is the case with most of the companies.

Slack review by Alyse W.
Kids Pastor

"Slack for Office Communication"

What do you like best?

Slack has so many great feature that benefit our organization and helps us to communicate clearly on both individual and team levels. Slack has different "Channels" that divide out our serious conversations from our random funny memes we send to lighten the mood. Slack keeps everything in one place, allowing group conversations, direct messaging, and all staff messages. There is also the ability to add certain people to "Channels" so each team can communicate with their team and discuss specific topics.

What do you dislike?

Slack has SO many features that it's hard to understand the full potential. It's definitely a learning curve to figure out all of the perks to Slack. Fortunately, our tech team has helped us to integrate features, but there are still so many things our company isn't using because we aren't aware.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend researching all of the features and making sure someone in your workplace has time to put into starting up Slack for an organization. There is a lot of setup involved in starting up Slack!

We have cleared up communication on our staff through Slack. We've communicated well with each other, teams, and with our entire staff. Slack has made communicating fun with the addition of emojis in conversations to relay tone. It's been great for communication all around.

Slack review by Steven E.
SEO Specialist

"There is no reason for any company not to use this. "

What do you like best?

Slack is the best way that we have found of keeping in touch with all of our employees near and far. It allows us to quickly exchange ideas, code, articles, etc. We use the reward based system with Taco and there are plenty more add ons that make it a useful tool here. Some add ons make it really easy to share code, which is nice when coding with a team.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it doesn't seem to push notifications to mobile devices like I would have liked it to. Sometimes, people in service wont get messages at all and then 20 at once. If you are using a computer this isn't much of an issue. But when you have everyone on the team working on slack and they are working remotely that day or week, it can be a bit frustrating. Don't assume because you sent it, that everyone will automatically get the message. Make sure to check read notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking into getting slack, I highly recommend looking into all the different add-ons you can use. There are so many of them that are out there and are customized just waiting for you and your type of business.

Main issue is making sure that someone had got our message. We no longer have to wait for a read receipt from our email platform. We get replies back a lot faster than we normally would, we can share ideas a lot faster as well.

Slack review by Travis E.
CEO

"The goldilocks of project management and team communication"

What do you like best?

Slack has so many use cases but what I love most about it is I'm able to communicate with each and every team member and I am able to separate each "department" which makes for clean and affective communication. I also REALLY love being able to add threads on each slack channel which makes finding topic discussions EXTREMELY easy.

What do you dislike?

Truthfully I haven't ran into anything that I dislike. Not yet at least. It has provided every feature that I need to operate my business and communicate with all my teams and manage entire projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are wanting to eliminate the need for cluttered communications with team members and projects inside email and want a clean, easy, way to manage staff, communicate, and manage projects that integrates with SO MANY softwares than give Slack a go. I can almost promise you won't be unimpressed.

Business problems I am solving with Slack are cluttered communications across team members, projects, and departments. Benefits I've realized since using Slack is the power to quickly communicate with team members and monitor projects. The big benefit here is elliminating the need for LONNG and cluttered email threads as well. HUGE!

Slack review by Danica T.
Marketing Manager

"Solid Messaging System for Teams"

What do you like best?

Love having a way to connect with a large team so that we can stay in touch and not have messages lost in email. It's allowed for everything from team-specific channels, to polls, private chats, etc. to improve efficiency and communication for both large and small teams.

What do you dislike?

Not much to say here, overall a great product. I think sometimes teams take it overboard and spend their entire day chatting on these kinds of tools, but again this has nothing to do with the design. Teams need to use it for its purpose and be mindful that it should make you BETTER at your job and not take away from that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, but don't get caught up in all the bells and whistles. Make sure employees still communicate in a variety of other ways.

Great way to stay in touch, include remote team members or those working from home, improve communication, rely less on email, share feedback, etc. Lots of benefits when used correctly!

Slack review by Vladimir G.
Founder / Creative Director

"The most okey messenger for teams"

What do you like best?

We use in our work Slack because it is a messenger and a file share tool, it can integrate different type of clouds as google drive ... it is important to us because we transfer a lot of them, and it is very easy to manege, find them. The interface is very user friendly. I can write to one person our a group or all members much faster then using other apps.

I dont know why but it works much faster then other, that is the reason that make us to use it as basic internal communication tool.

What do you dislike?

Some time it is freezing .. but very rarely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only think I would like to command is to keep it simple - do not over charge it.

It is our basic communication tool in our team. Sometime we participate in bigger projects and we can join their team, that is separate - so we have a much better message management.

Slack review by Philip B.
CTO

"Robust chat platform, but insanely overpriced"

What do you like best?

Slack is incredibly easy to use and snappy.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most is the terrible sidebar for Downloads and tracking your threads. I'd much rather like to have a modal dialog for that. However, the absolutely worst thing is insane pricing. $6.67 per active user/month? Come on. That gets ridiculously expensive just for chat for 20 people in a company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a robust chat solution and are okay with free plan limitations - go for it, it's a no brainer. However, if you need something else - I'd much rather NOT pay slack (as they're ridiculously expensive) and choose a different solution if possible. There are opensource solutions out there, though none as good as slack is. If you *can* afford to pony up for the ridiculously overpriced plans, then go ahead.

It solves the issue of not having a single and robust (always up, no issues) communication platform that we can also trust to be secure and not spill out our corporate secrets.

Slack review by Tamas V.
Product Marketing Manager

"Great for teams and for managing bigger projects"

What do you like best?

The way you can create a channel for all the different topics. Also the way you can integrate already made bots or if you have the skills make your own bots specifically to your business needs. It's also great how it gives you notifications and is very smart in giving you recommendations on how to tidy your channel list up, telling you which ones you can delete as you are not using them often or for a longer period of time.

What do you dislike?

Didn't find anything that would be a negative thing about Slack, in general me and my team, we are very happy with the features Slack is offering and we are huge fans and recommend this for everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an easy to use software for your team or to manage a project, slack is a great product to do that. I recommend also investing in it if you and your team will stick to it and you will feel it's useful. Also try out the integrations you have already available because it's going to make your life's easier.

Managing projects, keeping in touch with colleagues that live abroad and keeping the team up to date with any changes in our work. Also we set up a couple of bots that report on our business goals and it keeps us up to date all the time. Overall is great to bringing everyone on board very simply.

Slack review by Stacy J.
Owner
Entertainment

"No Slackers here!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, whether full team communication or individual messages. When there are threads within a convo, Slack makes it easy to continue where you left off and not miss any new messages from any team members. I have used other communication tools in the past, and Slack beats them all hands-down with their easy to use platform, and the additional easy to use phone app.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the notification lags on the app on my phone - if I happen to be in front of my computer I'll get notification there, and can respond quickly, then about a minute or two later, the notification chime on my phone will finally alert me to the message I've already just dealt with. Hopefully there isn't a longer lag when I'm not in front of my computer, especially since we use Slack for quick turnaround communications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great communication tool for team members, no matter how far apart they might be (read: different time zones). In this online world, Slack is a necessary tool for effective communication between team members!

Since I work in a virtual world with a team that is scattered all over every time zone, Slack makes it easy to keep on top of things that need to be done, especially time crunch items. Slack also makes it easy to attach documents that need attention, so continuity is beneficial to all team members. When quick answers are needed, Slack is our go-to way to communicate throughout the team.

Slack review by Daniel B.
Student Conduct Board
Higher Education

"Slack is superb"

What do you like best?

Slack allowed me and my team to effectively communicate as a group, to keep up to date with everything going on within our group, kept us working together seamlessly without a professional office, and had a great system of custom emojis we could use to shorten how quickly we could answer questions. Often, our colleagues would approach our higher staff, and using basic pinging infrastructure could reach all the higher ups quickly. This allowed questions to be answered rapidly by whoever was available to answer them. Skype was exceptional.

What do you dislike?

The biggest downside is the cost, other programs like Discord which offer similar hosting services were free. But, Slack definitely fit the bill for what we wanted, and the price was well worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it

Slack allowed the business I worked for to communicate with volunteers and paid employees all across the world without needing them together in a single office. This is certainly the most important benefit, second only to the fast speed at which it allowed users to communicate. No longer did people with questions need to call someone on the phone to get a second opinion in decision making, they could reach an entire hive of minds ready to answer any query they had and assure them in their choice.

Slack review by Stephanie H.
Senior Recruiter
Staffing and Recruiting

"Communication tool"

What do you like best?

Slack has always been super helpful in unity teams across countries and timezones. The messaging system allows for large group chat, team "channels", and individual messages. It is a user-friendly interface that many will be able to navigate with ease. There are also a ton of useful shortcuts you can add or edit to make it even easier and simpler to use. In addition, there are multiple integrations you can add on to the platform (the free version only allows for 10 I believe). Overall, a great communication tool for individuals and groups.

What do you dislike?

It can definitely be a time suck and a distraction if you don't use the quieting functions (i.e. snoozing when you're on a call or muting channels so you don't receive constant notifications). My only other negative is you must pay for Slack to be able to access all of your conversation data, otherwise, it's hidden after a certain time threshold. While Slack is an awesome tool, it can be pricey for smaller organizations and there isn't much ROI to justify that cost.

Easy and fast communication across teams and departments. A place where employees can make channels to share interests or relevant work information.