Slatwall

Designed from the ground up for maximum flexibility, Slatwall enables you to execute marketing strategies that will allow you to capitalize on emerging opportunities.

Work for Slatwall?

Learning about Slatwall?

Slatwall Reviews

Ask Slatwall a Question
Showing 25 Slatwall reviews
Slatwall review by John S.
John S.

"Full featured commerce solution"

What do you like best?

Slatwall was able to handle all of the unique requirements that are organization needed when looking to replace our ecommerce and point of sale solution. Member pricing, digital content access products, physical products and promotional discounts are all included in the core product. Additional features include the ability to manage in inventory in multiple locations and the ability to extended the software easily by adding attributes to any object.

What do you dislike?

It takes some time to learn how to customize the application on your own, but there is a growing community that is helpful and the owners of the project make a great effort to support those who are building their store with Slatwall. With the powerful ability to customize the software it also leads to a steeper learning curve, but in the end, the platform allows you to meet the requirement needs of your organization or client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a highly customized solution that can handle all most any requirement.

We use Slatwall as a plugin to our organizational website running on Mura CMS. Slatwall handles the ecommerce portion of our site as well as the point of sale for our brick and mortar store at our physical location. With Slatwall we are able to run different sales promotions, provide discounts to our members, sell both physical and digital products and more. It was also able to interface easily with our separate membership database. Slatwall was able to replace a previous point of sale system and ecommerce site that were not integrated allowing our staff to do everything in one place.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Slatwall
Slatwall review by Chris K.
Chris K.

"Slatwall From a Developers View"

What do you like best?

Very strong development team with strong direction from lead developers / management, to ensure that the application is built on a solid framework and I therefore have confidence that future enhancements will work and not break existing functionality.

Flexible architecture, allowing fine-tuning of products, accounts, order workflow. For example product settings can be set up at site, product type, product & individual sku level. This settings inheritance allows ease of fine-tuning for different product lines.

Fine tune your eCommerce entities, with little or no coding required. Need to add extra properties to display or capture more details for products, accounts orders etc. is all built into the admin and in most cases will not require any code changes.

Scalable, works just as well for small shops to large and eCommerce sites with complex product / order workflows. Have client sites using Slatwall that process a few orders a day to over 75,000 orders in first year.

Almost all areas of Slatwall can be modified and enhanced whilst also keeping a clean upgrade path for future releases.

Built in support for many payment and shipping integrations.

Full support for promotions and price groups, product inventory including vendor order processing, built in and flexible reporting tool.

Handles multiple types or products out of the box. On top of the usual merchandise products, Slatwall handles product bundles, electronic delivery, subscriptions, events and more.

Developed in a strong and consistent MVC framework.

Strong developer community and excellent support / advice from Ten24.

Easy to integrate into existing applications. I have successfully integrated Slatwall into a number of FarCry CMS sites as well as Mura and a couple of new standalone sites.

What do you dislike?

Not much to discuss here. Having seen the updates and progress in Slatwall from early V2 to V5 Slatwall has improved and continues to develop into an all-round winner for eCommerce and what it lacks in features & functionality can be added in through custom development.

Initial learning curve of such a large application can put some people off. But time spent getting to know the Slatwall application structure and you will pay off in the long run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Developers, accept the learning curve, time spent in the early stages will pay dividends later. There is no short-cut to understanding an application as large and comprehensive as Slatwall.

Join the Slatwall developer community and participate in the newsgroup.

Due to successful integrations of Slatwall and happy clients I expect all existing and future clients eCommerce solutions will be built on with Slatwall.

Feedback from client recently after their first year of using Slatwall

- they are processing about 40% more orders

- automation of many old manual tasks have both reduced manpower require and increased accuracy

- moving forward with next phase of development to bring in new product types to sell tickets for events

Happy Clients = Happy Developer.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

Slatwall review by David P.
David P.

"Slatwall is the future of robust commerce on the web."

What do you like best?

The best thing about Slatwall is its robustness and level of customization. Whether you're a novice looking for an out of the box solution, or an enterprise level company looking for an all around solution, Slatwall gives you the choice to go as simple or complex as the project requires.

What do you dislike?

Documentation has lacked a bit for some time, but that is significantly changing with the onset of new training, documentation, and videos that bring you up to speed quickly with Slatwall. That being said, Ten24 (the company behind Slatwall) has always been available via support at a reasonable price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider what you do as a business: Order, Inventory, Customer, Fulfillment, Reporting. Slatwall is a product that will allow you to tailor every aspect of each according to your business model. I've seen nothing compare to that currently on the market, particularly one that is open source.

Though I know that Slatwall is being used as a POS solution for many clients, my needs have been commerce on the web mostly. The main benefits we receive is through a few clicks of a mouse, and entering some basic data I'm up and running a functional online store that handles 80% of our business model functionality. Everything from orders, refunds, client data, combined with the number of 3rd party integrations such as UPS, Authorize.net, and many more, makes our daily tasks that much simpler, thorough, and less error proned. This in and of itself is a huge ROI, with little to no monetary investment. Slatwall is open-source afterall!

Slatwall review by Dan B.
Dan B.

"Flexible and effective e-commerce "

What do you like best?

Slatwall can be easily customized to meet many business needs or adapt to the specific behaviors of your customer-base which is nice. Slatwall does a nice job of separating the concerns of the various code components so that you can easily change the user experience without doing a deep dive into the code.

Many integrations come pre-built with the product making it easy to setup payments or integrate dynamically calculated shipping.

The coupon code and promotion system makes it super easy to have ongoing promotions without a bunch of ongoing work.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more replete API documentation and wouldn't mind seeing more contributions from the open source community on this.

The flexibility that Ecommerce provides has allowed me to build a range of shops utilizing techniques to boost sales - A/B testing, dynamic pricing, easily configured promotions, etc. all combine to have a positive impact on sales.

Slatwall review by Todd H.
Todd H.

"Feature rich, flexible, customizable e-commerce platform available"

What do you like best?

Very advanced and extensible platform.

When comparing to similar features of other e-commerce platforms available, I found that Slatwall goes beyond the bare minimum required to make a "feature claim". One example is the discount engine and how powerful it is. An admin user can impose various advanced conditions on the order before customers qualify for discounts. Discounts can also be applied with discount codes or applied through automation.

Slatwall really lowers the risk for companies that might later discover limitations of other e-commerce platform after committing valuable long term human and financial resources to an inferior e-commerce platform.

What makes Slatwall a great choice is that it is open-source and highly extensible. There wasn't anything that couldn't be custom developed and added to it to meet our needs.

The internal code is very well organized and cleanly written and architected. Project developers can learn the conventions of the Slatwall platform very easily for custom modifications, behavior extensions, and integrating with 3rd-party services or other internal systems.

The activity in the Slatwall developer community is sufficient to get your questions answered when you run into a roadblock. The platform is actively developed. So it is continuously evolving and progressing. What was great is that we benefit by receiving those upgrades at no cost due to the open-source nature of the platform.

What do you dislike?

This is a very minor and wasn't unexpected. The initial installation for a demo was more of a challenge than anticipated. I discovered it was primarily due to not having various settings configured and that required some effort to run properly. The initial installation for someone unfamiliar with the platform might require more time than anticipated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to have the Coldfusion/Lucee/ CFML expertise in place who can handle working with the Slatwall platform codebase. Without it customizations will be a challenge.

The Slatwall open-source e-commerce platform has mainly powered our Coldfusion/Lucee backend for processing orders, credit card transactions, calculating shipping costs, and supplying product descriptions and content for public product listing and detail pages.

We needed a e-commerce solution that would work with shipping heavy frozen meat products and auto-apply discounts to certain orders. Other solutions didn't quite seem to have all the features we wanted or did in a limited fashion.

Slatwall had all of the primary e-commerce features and necessities plus quite a few additional great bells and whistles that are lacking in other popular e-commerce platforms.

Slatwall review by Denise B.
Denise B.

"Customizable, Professional E-Commerce System"

What do you like best?

Our company needed to replace a complicated events registration system with a flexible e-commerce system that could be highly customized to meet our organization's needs and integrate into our existing website. Slatwall fit all our challenging requirements even though we didn't use it in a typical e-commerce fashion. Its amazing customization characteristics enabled the creation of an amazing event registration and location management system, and it's flexibility will allow us to continue to push the envelope to build innovative, integrated systems that are easy for our users and our staff to use.

What do you dislike?

There's a definite learning curve but that's true of any complex software product in existence today.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review their product, see a demo, talk to the developers. It's very impressive product and keeps getting better all the time.

Our organization needed an E-commerce solution beyond the typical off-the-shelf product and Slatwall was flexible enough to meet our unique needs. We now have a customized events registration and location management system that far surpasses the old system and it integrates seamlessly into our website. Our new system is far more robust, has more functionality, and is easier and faster to use. We're very pleased indeed with the results.

Slatwall review by Robert G.
Robert G.

"The ultimate a flexible e-Commerce solution!"

What do you like best?

I can't pick one thing that I like best; I like that it's very well-written and they pay a lot of attention to quality control. I like that it's extremely extensible and supports a lot of payment processing options, and comes with great example shopping cart pages right out of the box.

What do you dislike?

As a result of the complexity, it can be intimidating at times to work with (from a developer standpoint). But if you take the time to learn it, the paybacks are enormous.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very large product; what I mean is that is very complex, but also very capable. It may seem overwhelming. Be prepared to ask for help when you need it, either from ten24 directly, or from the various community resources.

In the past, we used Slatwall to enable a manufacturer of educational audio equipment to sell their products online. We customized Slatwall extensively and created a world-class site for them. Currently, I am in the early stages of setting up Slatwall for an RV business that wants to sell products online.

Slatwall review by Bryan H.
Bryan H.

"Needed a flexible platform to build booking and e-commerce site on. "

What do you like best?

I like that it comes with all the basics and the general platform is there but its up to you to creative. The inventory management is a great feature allowing you to manage a warehouse of stock, you can track stock shipping and serial numbers.

What do you dislike?

Some of the settings that in product details don't always activate in the settings section this can sometimes cause issues with the functioning of the products in the site. Other than these small issues I have no real dislikes with Slatwall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a look the google forum and the website.

Building a custom function platform which with Slatwall already having most of the require components setup was easy and then got creative with the rest, also building an E-commerce with postage calculation and integration with external applications was made easier with the API connector already there.

Slatwall review by Erica V.
Erica V.

"Slatwall System is a Game Changer"

What do you like best?

The system is so complex yet so easy to use behind the scenes. Someone without any knowledge of websites can feel confident using this platform for their website. I love that the system is fully customizable to my Company's ever growing needs. We recently were able to change pdfs being displayed on certain webpages depending on the country that was chosen. No matter how complicated the request is, Ten24web always seems to deliver.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I'm unable to save drafts of webpages that I'm currently working on. The only option is to publish changes that are being made to an existing page on the website. A draft feature would allow more flexibility in addition to saving me the time of having to create drafts of the same page twice. I work in a regulated industry so everything has to be seen first and approved prior to publishing live.

We were trying to create a web platform that would provide a simpler way for our customers to find what they were looking for on our website. We knew the navigation had to change but Slatwall offered us an even greater solution. The ability for our customers to filter through our products to narrow in on exactly what they were looking for. It has been a game changer for us and our customers including our international customers that can now see products that are only available in their specific region.

Slatwall review by Catherine M.
Catherine M.

"Perfect Match"

What do you like best?

It is highly customizable. We have yet to find anything we "can't do" with it. We use it for events and products. Also love how it integrates with Mura CMS.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see more documentation and examples online. I did reach out to Ten24 at the beginning of the project for support and was able to find my way around pretty quickly after that.

My client, who has a Main Street brick-and-mortar store, had been using out-of-date software for her POS and e-commerce site. She finally decided on a new POS system but we could not find an online solution that fit the bill. I had seen a demo of Slatwall at a Mura conference years ago and couldn't wait to use it. In addition to selling products online, my client runs a large amount of workshops. When Slatwall added event capability, we knew we finally had a match.

Using Mura as our CMS, we were able to get a site up and running in just a couple of months. My client couldn't be happier with her new site. Customers love it and sales are up! We're looking forward to doing more with Slatwall in the coming months.

Slatwall review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Enterprise Level Features"

What do you like best?

Slatwall Commerce has a rich commerce feature set that allows me to scale to the needs of my clients both large and small. In my opinion, it is the best ecommerce platform out there for my CMS of choice Mura. I have a lot of experience using NetSuite and I find that Slatwall has a lot of NetSuite functionality built in. The ability to manage all kinds of production types and promotions out of the box make it an easy choice to be my default solution for all my clients.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about Slatwall eCommerce. The only bit is it does take some time to set up but that is almost by design as it is a powerful platform with many options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great platform that can grow with your client's needs, plus a great team at ten24 to support you project.

For me and my business, Slatwall gives me the toolset I need to configure simple and complex commerce configurations for my clients. I'm confident that I am not going to "paint myself into a corner" with Slatwall because of the robust existing feature set and knowing that I have the full support of the team at ten24 to build out functionality that may be unique to a specific client's needs.

Slatwall review by Carolyn M. H.
Carolyn M. H.

"New Slatwall User"

What do you like best?

I am able to make adjustments to cart easily

What do you dislike?

I don't know enough yet to dislike the product.

We were attempting to drive smaller $ orders on consumable items through a lower cost fulfillment channel. We are starting to realize the benefits. During our busy season, we normally have overtime hours for our Customer Service Team to process hundreds of small orders. This season we saw a drastic reduction in overtime. We processed hundreds of orders.

Slatwall review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Easy to set up and customisation is great"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to get started and have everything working, and it helps that the Support team are responsive and help you. A great feature is that a lot of Slatwall is customisable, meaning we can make it work exactly how we would like, even though a lot of it is perfect from the get-go.

What do you dislike?

Even though customisation is good, and it is, sometimes there are sections of code which is quite difficult to break through and I do feel you need a lot of developer experience to make the most of this.

Saltwall has been extremely good for our business as we have been able to build a custom site that benefits us and our clients.

Slatwall review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"eCommerce as it should be"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of features that come with it by default but it also very extensible. As an open source solution, it empowers developers to deliver a quality ecommerce experience.

What do you dislike?

As with any solution, it will take a little time to take full advantage of what it can do. Since it can do so many things, its sometimes easy to get lost in figuring out how you want to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a quality ecommerce solution.

I was looking to run a shopping cart that integrated with the ColdFusion CMS I was using. This is easily the best ecommerce solution for ColdFusion.

Slatwall review by Christian R.
Christian R.

"The best E-commerce solution I've ever used"

What do you like best?

It has a complete feature set that can be adapted for nearly any kind of use case, and it's a cinch to install and configure.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I disliked a couple of years ago was it's lack of support for Railo, but that's no longer an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you'll be glad you did!

Having a complete solution that's easy to implement for SMB clients on tight budgets.

Slatwall review by Amine B.
Amine B.

"Slatwall"

What do you like best?

after a bad a start the team went above and beyond to make sure our technical needs were met.

What do you dislike?

communication delays since they prefer to use a messaging board for everything technical but usually get a response within 24hours

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great team, high degree of flexibility and went above and beyond to meet our requirements and deadlines.

Building an e-commerce platform and API to accept payments through the site.

Slatwall review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great open source solution for ecommerce"

What do you like best?

My favorite features are the simplicity of installation and set up. The design is pretty intuitive and easily customizable. It's also easily integrated with various platforms so you never feel like you're leaving a website to get to the "store". I have experience with Prestashop and Magento and Slatwall is by far my number 1 pick.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have a dislike about the functionality. I do however think there could be more tiers in terms of pricing. Perhaps a jump from the open source pkg to one around $500 or $750 and call it Lite?

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely a great product you'd want to try. It will help you manage your products and display them easily.

Provides easy maintenance for clients once website and online store are built. Saves time having to train end users once the shop is built.

Slatwall review by Danny G.
Danny G.

"My experience with Slatwall"

What do you like best?

Easy integration with Mura CMS; inexpensive e-commerce solution.

What do you dislike?

User interface could use update; more robust online support forum

Needed a robust shopping cart that would work for ColdFusion / Mura CMS installation.

Slatwall offers a ton of features and easy setup allowed me to shave hundreds of hours off my project.

Slatwall review by J H.
J H.

"Best overall Coldfusion Ecommerce"

What do you like best?

The ease of installation, ease of use, and implementation, customization.

What do you dislike?

I have very little to say in regards to not liking slatwall

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a stable secure easy to use system, slatwall is your answer.

ECommerce, Inventory and fufillment.

Slatwall does it all

Slatwall review by Agency in Computer Software
Agency in Computer Software

"Everything we needed in 1 easy to use product"

What do you like best?

I love that Slatwall had a lot of the features we were looking for out of the box. Even better than that the product is highly customizable. The developers at Slatwall probably realized form the start that its almost impossible to create a product that everyone can fit into. Instead they create a product that could be customized to fit nearly everyones needs.

What do you dislike?

As a developer the code is sometimes hard to navigate through. They used some custom in house frameworks and without a ton of documentation on them I have had 1 or 2 cases were changing something wasn't as easy as I thought it would be going in.

We are a pretty typical ecommerce application but just like anyone we have some very specific needs. We want our user experience to be a good one but we also want our business processes to be seamless. We do a lot of custom integrations on the backend that makes integration with other system really easy.

Slatwall review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Slatwall wins for custom e-commerce"

What do you like best?

The overall flexibility of the platform is unparalleled. Our ability to customize the features and functionality to meet our goals with minimal resources was a key factor in selecting Slatwall. The top-notch team at ten24 is very knowledgeable and has helped tremendously to meet the needs of our business and technical teams.

What do you dislike?

There can be a steep learning curve, however, not unexpected for such a powerful tool.

Selling consumer digital access and subscription products with a variety of extremely complex rules and scenarios fully integrated into our CMS and content site.

Slatwall review by Mel M.
Mel M.

"Fully customizable with very talented project managers."

What do you like best?

We've deployed our website with MURA/Slatwall fully integrated with our system. I didn't think it was possible to do it in very short amount of time we had but we got it done. Their staff was really helpful, talented and very knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

Requires some degree of learning curve is order to use it and develop in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set aside proper internal resources in order to maintain it and keep up with the upgrades.

We've got a professionally designed site that empowers our users to maintain it with almost no supervision.

Slatwall review by Melissa S.
Melissa S.

"Making the Move to Slatwall Was a Great Decision For Our Company"

What do you like best?

What we like best about Slatwall is the ease of use for everyone on our team.

What do you dislike?

Sorry - can't think of anything we dislike about it.

We wanted a system that would be more efficient than what we were previously using. Slatwall has saved us time.

Slatwall review by Aaron H.
Aaron H.

"Simple and easy"

What do you like best?

Very easy to install, customize, and administrate.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really stands out, this is a great solution for our particular situation.

We needed a basic cart as part of our mura website, and it worked seamlessly.

Slatwall review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Promising platform, customizable and function rich."

What do you like best?

I love the backend process provided with Slatwall. Especially the order management and inventory management. Most ECPs (ecommerce platform) don't provide the same level detail and flexibility compare to Slatwall

What do you dislike?

Promotion engine can be more business users friendly.

Custom ecommerce solution. Customization is the key.

Learning about Slatwall?

* We monitor all Slatwall reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.