Slemma

Slemma

Slemma is a simple business intelligence software that helps modern businesses leverage data into advantages online with less effort.

Work for Slemma?

Learning about Slemma?

Slemma Reviews

Showing 25 Slemma reviews
Slemma review by <span>Alan .</span>
Alan .
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The tool is easy to setup and a 100% online solution. The data connections out of the box are very useful, scheduling functionality is straightforward, sharing with outside the company contacts is user friendly and exporting dashboards and reports to PDF is very convenient.

Also, Slemma is one of the few products that we found on the market that work with PaaS services (like Heroku). This was a deal breaker for us, because in other solutions you can try a direct PostgreSQL connection, but Heroku has certain additional characteristics for achieving that. Support out of the box save us a lot of configuration time!

What do you dislike?

While exporting to PDF is great, delivering those same dashboards and reports via e-mail could be a bit of a hassle. My issue here is when the system convert those to PDF, the visual presentation could be very different and for non-technical users, difficult to read or to correct.

Also, I recommend to implement a better login session. I don't know why, but if I close a browser tab with my account open, then try to enter my account again in the same browser, login credentials are required again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works well with PaaS services (like Heroku)

We wanted to measure our sales team performance. Current BI solutions are very robust and complicated for our current needs, and also very expensive. Slemma is a practical tool with a price we're glad to pay in exchange for its current functionalities.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Slemma
Slemma review by <span>Anthony M.</span>
Anthony M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Slemma is always improving their platform for the most optimal way to collect data. So Slemma is constantly making it easier to extract data from a data source and put it into a visual that makes it easy for my clients to see and access. I love the cache feature that makes all the graphs as up to date as possible for our clients to access and base business plans around. Even though there a tons of different features to use in Slemma, the descriptions of all its functionality is not only accurate but very easily understandable so creating charts and dashboards have never been easier.

What do you dislike?

While every program has it's flaws, Slemma's is as minimal as it gets. In my past experiences, I had some confusions on old functionalities that they changed when they rolled out their big update, but their support and team was there to quickly answer my questions and clear up my confusion.

I am solving the often inaccessibility to the most current up to date data as easy as possible. So having set a cache option for daily updates allows our clients to access their dashboard and analytics without ever having to worry about the data not refreshing or the lack of the most current, accurate data.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Data Visualization solution do you use?

Slemma review by <span>John S.</span>
John S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like knowing that Slemma is constantly working on improving their product. From releasing new designs and wizards, rolling back small features that got lost in the shuffle, testing and completing new integrations. And then improving and extending those integrations via a robust set of API's.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the integration of a Mondrian based MDX format query language on top of all of the database connections. I would rather work in the native environment for MongoDB than to query it via the system that is now in place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a trial, I think you will like it.

Because of the now vast set of integrations that Slemma offers, I am able to view our company as a vertical slice of technology solutions that report back their data and allow us to analyze our customers. see what is working and what is not, and pivot to a new path when necessary to make the most of our business.

Slemma review by <span>Dan R.</span>
Dan R.

A great reporting tool

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Slemma allows me to quickly configure access to a number of datasets, and share those to everyone within my organisation. With access to those datasets, the people with user accounts on Slemma can use the intuitive UI to quickly produce charts which allow us to gain greater insight into the data that exists within the organisation.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, there are still a few niggles with Slemma. It seems to really struggle with large datasets - one of our data sources contains > 5m records. Additionally some of the charts don't behave how you would expect. That said, I can see that there is an active support community working behind the scenes and any problem which I have previously raised has been solved quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because of the fact that Slemma doesn't attempt to be the datastore as well as the reporting tool, I can recommend just trying the tool out. I also think that you need to be ready to trial it with some questions you want to ask of your data. The trial that we conducted wasn't as effective as it could have been initially, because though we had a use case in mind, we didn't have specific trials we wanted to run. Think about how you'll be using Slemma before trialling it, so that you give it a fair trial.

Up until now, I have been the single point of reporting knowledge. Everyone can understand why that isn't good. Slemma has enabled us as an organisation to provide people with a tool set which allows them to interrogate the data for themselves and gain the insights which they require.

Slemma review by <span>Rich W.</span>
Rich W.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Ease of querying postgres database. Filters make it very very easy to to date queries. I actually often use slemma rather than querying our own database directly. Visuals, although basic are very nice. Doesnt need much effort to make it a presentable dashboard. Ability to click through on graphs and get break down for each column is very good .

What do you dislike?

When the software migrated to the new version (2 weeks ago or so) minute refreshing was removed from our plan, we we're then given it back but it was broken for the following two weeks. Google analytics / adwords integration is quite complex, but this could be the fault of the google product.

Quite difficult to merge two datasets on to the same graph. i.e. how do you show your adwords spend vs your revenue from a postgres database? Site isn't very responsive for mobile, changes order and you loose any click through ability. A mobile version of slemma would be excellent, our team often need to check it while out and about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the postgres integration! Make sure you have minute refreshing, very frustrating to have to manually refresh (also most of our users don't know how to or never remember how to refresh manually). Very tricky to use two datasets on same graph. Youll need calculations unless you are good with your datasets

We have livetime stats from our db of all purchases on a board in the middle of the room. Targets/motivation. Also looking to implement cost per acquisition

Slemma review by <span>François L.</span>
François L.

Very Good value

Validated Review
What do you like best?

It is very easy to integrate new sources of data and write new dashboards for client and internal users.

It has saved us an incredible amount of time our IT time was spending on writing report and some of our users are even able to do it themselves with little help.

What do you dislike?

The functionalities are a bit limited to do complex reporting.

The user administration/sharing concept is quite complicated

We use slemma to solve our data analytics and reporting problems and provide the user from the different branch of our company with relevant data for their business.

It is also used to report on our day-to-day KPI and sales.

After using it for a few months, we have been able to move 80% of our reporting on their dashboards from our house application.

Learn more about Slemma

Slemma Videos

Learning about Slemma?

* We monitor all Slemma reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.