SlideShare

SlideShare is the world's largest community for sharing presentations. With 60 million monthly visitors and 130 million pageviews, it is amongst the most visited 200 websites in the world. Besides presentations, SlideShare also supports documents, PDFs, videos and webinars.

Work for SlideShare?

Learning about SlideShare?

SlideShare Reviews

Showing 23 SlideShare reviews
SlideShare review by <span>Alia S.</span>
Alia S.

Amazing experience!

What do you like best?

SlideShare allows users to upload PowerPoint, OpenDoc, and PDF presentations of up to 300MB.

What do you dislike?

There are some features for which you have to pay if you want to use them. There are too many ads also.

It Accepts many file types. It also has Large max file size. It is Mobile friendly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SlideShare
SlideShare review by <span>Jess M.</span>
Jess M.

Great publishing platform

What do you like best?

I like that SlideShare provides another outlet for sharing content and allows you to do so with infographics, documents, videos and more. It’s a great way to make your content more visual, which is always more appealing to audiences. I’ve recommended SlideShare to clients as a way to generate additional exposure for content such as press releases, articles and white papers. Since it’s free for individuals to access these materials, it’s a great way to get more people to see the content.

It’s very user friendly and provides flexibility in the types of content you can upload. You can add a pre-designed PDF to SlideShare or you can break up the content from one PDF page into multiple more digestible slides. The possibilities are truly endless.

If you’re going to be using the platform a lot, you can create a customized business page to add even more credibility to your profile. You can track the number of followers you receive and the number of views on each presentation. You can even use SlideShare for lead generation.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven’t encountered anything that I dislike about this platform. I do think it’s sometimes a forgotten tool and one that clients aren’t aware of so it might take a little bit more explaining if they don’t see the value in it. But it’s simple to use and another great tool for me and my firm’s clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your content is digestible by not putting too much information on each slide. Follow the same rules you would for a PowerPoint so that people can easily learn from your uploads.

Increasing visibility of content. Helping educate. Positioning clients as thought leaders. Generating leads.

What Social Networks solution do you use?

SlideShare review by <span>Ouali B.</span>
Ouali B.

I share knowledge and get leads

What do you like best?

slideshare by linkedin is very easy to use, control the upload and great analytics to show me for each presentation simple data to understand the results.

What do you dislike?

downloads options could be more complete, also add more links, tags, embed options.

share all our event and training presentations in one place, get awareness and grow our brand.

SlideShare review by <span>Niharika J.</span>
Niharika J.

Slideshare - A must software for all

What do you like best?

It has many options of ppt for single topic. Easy to access and download. We can share our ppt with others. It has huge range of pots. Quality information.

What do you dislike?

Little slow to access and download if internet speed is less. Some slides are extremely big which is not of much use. Sometimes the topic are not completely related to its content.

It is extremely good for students as wellnas professionals. Anyone can easily access it without getting into complex process of sign up.

SlideShare review by <span>Mazin A.</span>
Mazin A.

SlideShare, The Webs Best Kept Secret

What do you like best?

I used SlideShare for a presentation, in which I had to inform other classmates about it. I had never heard of the product before but it is easy to say I love it! It solves many problems that using powerpoint might have. Instead of having one access to present or share a powerpoint, you are able to access it through an unlimited number of online devices.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any negatives about SlideShare. One thing I must say from a personal percpective is that I do not see a reason to go out of my way of powerpoint and use SlideShare. I love this product and it might be because i am lazy but I don't see myself using this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to new users that they should give it a try. It is a product with realisticly no downside and you will continue to use it depending on your own prefrence.

I have realized that sharing powerpoints online can solve many problems for students and buisness men and women. It allows you to share a powerpoint to the public so that you can access it yourself from any device including your cell phone or you can share it privatly to a group so anyone can access it. It frees up the oppurtuinity to learn.

SlideShare review by <span>Bradley P.</span>
Bradley P.

Free document hosting with great SEO

What do you like best?

It is quick and simple use.

Simply login with your LinkedIn profile, hit upload and enter in the 5-6 fields with a document title, description, category and keywords, and you're good to go. As you type in the information you will see the possible virality that this document will experience.

Documents then can be embedded into external webpages, and are brought up very quickly on Google search.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really got any dislikes for this SaaS. It really is simple.

Its a good, quick way of uploading documents for quick visibility on Google and other search engines.

Learning about SlideShare?

* We monitor all SlideShare reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.