Smarsh

Provides hosted solutions for archiving email, instant messaging and social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.

Work for Smarsh?
Mindtouch logo  knowmang  2x

Learning about Smarsh?

Smarsh Reviews

Showing 16 Smarsh reviews
Smarsh review by <span>Jim L.</span>
Jim L.

Good cost-price for independent advisors

What do you like best?

For the most part, it just operates in the background to ensure I'm in compliance with my emails to prospects and clients.

What do you dislike?

I had an issue where I wasn't receiving emails, but I was still was able to send them. I would've been without emails for a weekend had I not had access to the web version of Outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an independent advisor for a small firm, the need for keeping compliant with industry regulations is paramount. At the same time, the need to keep costs down because I'm not working for a large employee firm makes Smarsh a great source to accomplish this requirement!

Smarsh has kept my practice in compliance with recordkeeping of all of my emails.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Smarsh

Smarsh Recordkeeping Software for Social

What do you like best?

Native dashboard allows the compliance team to see posts in real format- image & title- which makes recognition easy. I️t also has a keyword search function for more detailed reviews of records.

What do you dislike?

The 17a-4 requirement was difficult to document. The company claimed they were compliant; however, they didn’t have off the shelf documentation. Our team helped them develop something that could be marketable for other asset managers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do intensive & exhaustive testing first. We found that Twitter records were truncated- the 140 characters were missing & instead replaces by an ellipsis. The issue was corrected, but it slowed down our ability to launch & it compromised our confidence in the product.

Social media redorkeeping based on FINRA & SEC requirements. We need posts to be kept in original formats & not editable (Write Once, Read Many WORM). The process was done manually, so a software solution was attractive for scaling.

What Knowledge Management solution do you use?

Bait and Switch Tactics

What do you like best?

They are decent other than misleading and deceptive practices on pricing.

What do you dislike?

They lied about pricing. They doubled my company pricing after my second year with no warning.

I disputed the charges with my credit card company and had them removed. Smarsh said that if I would pay the excessive price I never agree to that they attempted to charge over the previous six months then they would lower my rate back to what it was initially. I agree to do so and paid them several hundred dollars. Then one year later they double my price again even though they had assured me it would remain at the previous rate indefinitely. Caution......DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING THEY SAY OR DO. I had documented emails and they reverted a company agreement saying they can change rates annually. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you are okay with lies and a company that is baiting and switching on your pricing then stay far away. Gmail is better.

None. I recommend GMAIL.

Smarsh review by <span>Edie G.</span>
Edie G.

Necessary tool

What do you like best?

Smarsh helps keeps me in compliance with my Broker Dealer. They monitor all emails and have a fairly good spam filter. When the spam filter makes errors sometimes it's easy to correct this for future emails.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes their spam filter is way off. As I mentioned sometimes it's a quick fix to sort out spam from real emails. However sometimes Smarsh continues to allow spam into my inbox and other times it marks emails from companies that are supposed to be on my safe list and puts them in my spam folder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm pretty sure Smarsh or something like it is required by all or most broker dealers so it's something I use to stay in compliance with the rules at NEXT Financial Group.

I am required to have an account with Smarsh for my work emails. My compliance company requires it.

Administrator in Financial Services

Poor customer support - deceptive price changes and contracts

What do you like best?

Platform is easy to use - product is adequate overall. No real complaints here

What do you dislike?

Very deceptive contracts - my company merged with another company that used also used Smarsh. Smarsh tried to envoke an evergreen clause that was very much hidden to say that my contract auto-renewed for another full year and we were obligated to pay the full term even though we would still be clients. After much negotiating, they agreed to merge the plans as it made "business sense" - but then tried to change our domain fee from $15 to $60 a month and my page fee from $0.05 all the way to $0.50.

Since this is a service you need for a long time it is really a bait and switch to draw you in and then just make your rates SKYROCKET since they hold the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find an alternative

Just a headache - find a company that cares about you.

Smarsh review by User in Higher Education

Smarsh review

What do you like best?

Smarsh is not the best content management system in terms of navigating electronic communications, but it fades only in comparison to Global Relay. It is truly efficient in terms of interface/layout. It is FAR superior to other competitors in terms of load time and ease of sorting/viewing messages, even though its search features are not as effective as Global Relay's.

What do you dislike?

The boolean language is difficult to work with in Smarsh; in particular, the "OR" function is limiting. The number of results displayed per page defaults to 30, far too few, but can be adjusted to 100. That is still less user-friendly than Global Relay, which displays 500 at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don' want to spend the money for Global Relay, this is your second best option!

Smarsh is highly efficient at searching,

Learning about Smarsh?

* We monitor all Smarsh reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.