Smart Service

4.7
(5 reviews)

Smart Service is a QuickBooks-integrated scheduling and dispatching program for the service industry.

Work for Smart Service?

Learning about Smart Service?

Smart Service Reviews

Ask Smart Service a Question
Showing 5 Smart Service reviews
Smart Service review by User

"Best price, awesome support, All in one"

What do you like best?

We love the prices! Compared to all of the other similar software. Price is key here! They are always updating, and making adding new features from recommendations that users suggest.

What do you dislike?

We used to have a lot of issues, but I think it was more about learning the software than it was the actual software itself. After we got a good idea on how things flowed, it seems like the problems have decreased.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you take your time, and learn the ropes before implementing the service completely. I dont know if it was lack of training with my company, but it took us a good 3 years to fully understand everything, and that was a lot of trail and error on my part. We are a small family owned company, and I joined the team a month or so after converting to Smart service, They were previously using icloud for appointments and etc. There was a lot of clean up when carrying over client info from icloud to smart service, and I was never given an actual training on the full system. In the beginning, we were making jobs for every single thing, never recurring them and that was a headache, now it is such a breeze.

We are about to go paperless, we are doing mass emails, scheduling, etc

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Smart Service
Smart Service review by Michelle P.
Michelle P.

"Overall a impressive program"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to look up information quickly about previous jobs my company has completed. Being able to sort items in many different ways is amazing.

What do you dislike?

There are too many glitches and could use a better flow. To be able to change information without going to so many screens would be much more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great program if you have many different things to schedule at the same time. I does make things easier.

I haven't done any problem solving because that is not something I do in my job. Being able to group jobs together in many different ways makes things much easier.

What Field Service Management solution do you use?

Smart Service review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Great program"

What do you like best?

Syncs with Quick-books for digital scheduling. Easy to use and customer support is easily accessible. The webinars are very helpful and always bring out new tips that we were unaware of. The program is constantly being updated and improved.

What do you dislike?

The lag time between syncing when updating customer information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend if you are looking for a scheduling software. It is easy to use and very great for customer support. By far the best program I have used in a long time.

Customer repair calls and scheduling on routing. Able to route properly and have best use of appointment times. Able to direct service calls to the right areas and utilize their time efficiently.

Smart Service review by Robynn P.
Robynn P.

"Amazing Field Technology and QuickBooks Integration"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks integration is wonderful because you can invoice from SmartService and see the customer's balance.

The features it offers for the field staff are great, we have never had the option of tracking time in real time on a job and generate payroll for it. It is very user friendly for a typical iphone user.

The company is always listening to real world scenarios and using those to improve the software, they have really made many improvements based off of our feedback.

What do you dislike?

Purchase Order linking limitation. We link our expenses to a job and it would be better if this aspect of the program was more robust. It is great on the AR side, not so much on the AP side.

Having a manual for this program would have been great. We received short training sessions but were left to figure things out for ourselves and in many cases had to re-invent the wheel once we figured out our processes didn't receive the desired result we expected. I realize every business if different so you have to make it work for you but there are many options we "found" that a manual would have easily explained.

Proposals and Work Orders need a numbering system because after using this program for more then a year the jobs get convoluted and it is hard to find things. We can't close jobs like the program is made to do because we use job costing for reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask A LOT of questions during the training. Really think your set-up and business process through before diving into it. It takes some time to set-up and get working properly, don't take your back-up system down. HAVE A BACKUP FOR TIMEKEEPING while starting out IF you use it for payroll. It took our field staff some time to get it down without mistakes.

Job Costing was a huge grey area, now we have accurate, down to the minute job costing on every job. The items are linked to the job and payroll which is wonderful. There is a great history of the account at our fingertips as well.

Smart Service review by Administrator

"Excellent easy worth every penny"

What do you like best?

Smart service is easy to schedule and resolve issues. Create tickets and manage appointments with addresses. We have used smart service for years to track our service appointments and some of our sales appointments. I would recommend this to any small business looking for an affordable managing software

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it looks a little old. It is great and works perfectly but could use a facelift. Reminds me a lot of office 2007 in terms of looks however it functions great. I wish it had a little bit more expandability but it is a decent stable product that is easy to train people to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out it is great for small businesses however if you are an intermediate company it can be lacking significantly

Service calls and sales appointments. We also have our customer database in it.

Learning about Smart Service?

* We monitor all Smart Service reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.