SmartBid

SmartBid is an online construction bid software for commercial general contractors that provides a mobile and web-based platform to streamline your bid project data, documents, and communications.

Work for SmartBid?

Learning about SmartBid?

SmartBid Reviews

Ask SmartBid a Question
Showing 23 SmartBid reviews
SmartBid review by <span>Aaron G.</span>
Aaron G.

Strong ITB System

What do you like best?

SmartBid has all the bells and whistles of the other bid systems but is much more user friendly for your average user. The ability to quickly organize your sub lit, add new trades and bidders, make notes and discretely track what scope a sub is submitting a proposal for is unparalleled. SmartBid also offers extremely easy and powerful templates that allow your team to ensure coverage and coordinate efforts. Another understated feature is the ability to track sub activity throughout your company, allowing you to see who is the most active sub contractor for a trade.

What do you dislike?

Few complaints - would love to see them develop a way to mass update MBE/WBE/DBE certifications. It would also be great to be able to interface with business emails as a plugin to batch release emails with scope sheets (outside of the standard templates)

Recommendations to others considering the product

For best use, set up SmartBid with one to two administrators who are in charge of making the necessary changes to your contact list. This will greatly increase accuracy as every company flows through the same set of standards.

Bid management, sub contractor engagement, proposal/budget tracking

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SmartBid
SmartBid review by <span>Corinna G.</span>
Corinna G.

SmartbidNet for Bid Solicitations and Tracking

What do you like best?

Sending out multiple invitations to bid saves time. Filtering and selecting subcontractors and suppliers based on certifications, trades, and other details is quick and easy. Subs & suppliers are able to view the project and download pertinent files. Templates are available for email customization. SmartBid integrates with company websites to display your public plan room and to receive subcontractor registration.

What do you dislike?

Maintaining the database can be time consuming. Attachments send out via mass email is limited to 5 MB.

On many projects we are required to solicit Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) companies. SmartBid allows us to do this on a large scale, plus document our efforts with the GFE Report and record of dates and times emails were received and read. This keep us in compliance.

What Other Construction solution do you use?

SmartBid review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

Well Organized and Well Designed

What do you like best?

Web-based so no additional software installation is required and all updates happen in real-time so all users can be presented with the latest information. Subcontractor data is also easy to manage and keep track of. Formal distributions present projects with a professional appeal.

What do you dislike?

Auto-generated emails that are sent can appear to be spam or impersonal which can result in decreased engagement with target subcontractors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Relatively intuitive product to use that is fairly straight forward once the basic setup on the website is understood. It is important that all subcontractors and projects are set up properly to ensure that consistency can be achieved and the product can be used at its highest potential.

Overall, the product is very well organized and helps to save time and money in the bidding process.

Estimating functions and management of large number of potential subcontractors is valuable in saving time during time-limited projects.

SmartBid review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

Excellent tool for construction companies

What do you like best?

SmartBidNet is very user-friendly. I was able to learn how to use it on my own, with the help of the tools section. Customer service is wonderful, very helpful and timely with their responses. Each section/tab is very straight-forward, simple yet useful.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much about it that I dislike. There are always updates that adds new features, many of which I have still yet to learn but everything I've used so far with this product, I've really found useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent tool for contractors to use as an essential part of their bidding process.

We are able to keep our subcontractor database up to date, as well as send out invitation to bids for projects are company is looking for assistance on. It's been a very helpful tool in our bidding process.

SmartBid review by <span>Katie C.</span>
Katie C.

Organized and improved my communications with my Subs

What do you like best?

I like the all-encompassing organization of the program. In one spot I can organize my subcontractor contacts, project documents, and communications.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike - SBN has effectively organized everything into a convenient location

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using Smart Bid Net is definitely worth it. They take all the tools you need and put them into one user-friendly spot.

The biggest benefit I have found is organizing my Subcontractor contact - it keeps all the information in one place.

SmartBid review by User in Construction
User in Construction

Easy to use and understand.

What do you like best?

The ability to customize the software to suite our needs was extremely beneficial. It allowed us to learn the product faster and it lowered the bar as far as the learning curve is concerned.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are a bit clunky. The pre-qual process can be a handful and it didn't seem to want to streamline a quick email. I felt there were to many steps that had to be taken to get from A to B.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SmartBid does appear to listen to its customers. I didn't get to see if my previous company stayed with them or not, but I do know everybody was extremely satisfied with what they had seen. Also, it's a great software if you have a substantial age range of employees that are going to be using this software. The ages ranged in our office from 22-83.

Overall, it did help in minimizing the time we spent organizing bid groups and documents and maximized the amount of time in a day to allow us to send out upwards of 5-10 additional bids a week.

Learning about SmartBid?

* We monitor all SmartBid reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.