SmartBuilder

SmartBuilder further streamlines the development process with content management and collaboration features that enable your team to work together more efficiently.

Work for SmartBuilder?

Showing 5 SmartBuilder reviews
SmartBuilder review by <span>Gulliver G.</span>
Gulliver G.

Professional

What do you like best?

It has plenty of flexibility as far as templates and functionality, however you can have the freedom of developing from a blank canvas to create any innovative designs and content.

For the Artemis project we needed an authoring tool that would allow us to make a wide variety of rich learning experiences. Many of these included branching scenarios and gamification elements. The SmartBuilder software was always up to the task. We also appreciate the capability to quickly prototype activities and obtain feedback from stakeholders before diving into full development.

The course has been delivered to over 9133 learners across the UK, with 90% recommending it and has provided an estimated £581,580.00 in savings to the 6 Children’s Trusts that funded the initial development.

What do you dislike?

Accessing and developing online could sometimes be a bit slow, however in their latest version they have a desktop app and their update has resolved the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

tried and tested product and delivers and meets expectations

It helps us deliver innovative interactions that is not governed by templates to help meet customer and learner needs.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SmartBuilder
SmartBuilder review by <span>J L P.</span>
J L P.

Best Authoring Tool...Hands Down

What do you like best?

I like that I can dream up anything and SmartBuilder can make it happen. I have run into walls time and time again with other authoring software and have felt limited in what I can make. With SmartBuilder, the sky is the limit. I have made everything from regular elearning to performance support tools like calculators. I like that it's a software that grows with you - in the beginning, you can get up and running quickly and build simple things, then create more advanced things as your needs grow. It runs circles around Captivate, Articulate, or anything else on the market.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into anything I don't like about the tool yet. The authoring environment is great and the company is great to work with. They have very responsive live chat support and when bugs are discovered, they fix them quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation would be to give it a try. They offer a free trial of the software. Give it a shot. You'll love it. However, don't set your expectations too high at first. It is kind of like using Photoshop...getting the basics down is easy, but there is a lot to learn and a lot it can do.

A huge benefit for us is not having to send apps to IT to build for us. They take months to build anything and I can build the same app in SmartBuilder in a few days. It is saving us time and money like crazy. Our company moves fast, so it's nice to have a tool that can keep up with the demand for elearning and performance support tools.

What Course Authoring solution do you use?

SmartBuilder review by User

Excellent elearning development tool publishing direct to HTML5.

What do you like best?

We had an elearning course originally developed on Authorware (taken over and then laid to waste by Adobe) and I struggled to find an elearning development platform with the functionality of Authorware. Smartbuilder has all that and more. It is quick and really intuitive to work with and I've been able to reproduce the multilayered interactive format (and more) of the original Authorware course. Smartbuilder publishes direct to HTML5. The Smartbiulder customer service is second to none. The responses to questions are prompt, personal and resolving. Highly recommended.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing not to like about this program. I've been involved as a user during the beta phase prior to general release. Any issues have been quickly resolved and the development team are incredibly responsive to user suggestions and feedback

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended

The benefit was quick and flexible elearning development.

SmartBuilder review by <span>Christine W.</span>
Christine W.

SmartBuilder Over Captivate

What do you like best?

First, there is a learning curve to this, just as there is with any of these tools. BUT I've never had better customer service than with this company. I love their HTML5 availability and the professional looking scenarios and drag and drop activities.

What do you dislike?

While there is an education discount I'd like to see a larger one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try, you won't be disappointed with the product or their customer service.

Making scenarios for training exercises was my primary objective, but then I stumbled across the drag and drop capabilities and that was a game changer. I like the details, the customer service, and the tool.

SmartBuilder review by <span>Aaron A.</span>
Aaron A.

Free, Comprehensive, Authoring Tool

What do you like best?

The free version of SmartBuilder is very comprehensive to meet the needs of introductory IDers. If you are working with a small or even medium sized learner pool, this may be the right tool for you. The free version is very comprehensive, to meet the needs of the designer and the learners, without breaking a set budget.

I personally was able to utilize this tool to create interactive eLearning modules for a local camera club in the Chicagoland area. My learner pool was 40-50 members, along with various local groups we partnered with, providing the learning modules to them free of charge. If you take the time and make the effort to utilize this tool and all of its features, you can create elaborate, effective eLearning, with little or no budget.

What do you dislike?

Like most authoring tools, the full version is very expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a limited budget and are looking to utilize an authoring tool for eLearning on a small-scale, this is the product for you. It has many similar functions to the big name products such as Storyline and Captivate, while being a free product.

Finding a free, effective authoring tool for creating eLearning modules on a limited budget.

Learning about SmartBuilder?

* We monitor all SmartBuilder reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.