SmartDraw

SmartDraw helps you create over 70 different types of diagrams.

Work for SmartDraw?

Learning about SmartDraw?

SmartDraw Reviews

Ask SmartDraw a Question
Showing 19 SmartDraw reviews
SmartDraw review by margi k.
margi k.

"Smartdraw - CAD software which minimizes the inherent learning curve"

What do you like best?

lots of in built contents and templates

operates quickly and easily

Strong diagramming tool available as a windows downloadable program or as a cloud based service

cloud storage is available

What do you dislike?

file folders options are not new versions

In the Gantt chart, there is a limited number of columns that can be used

The timelines are a bit difficult to work with. Sometimes the bubbles take on a mind of their own and don't let you move and manipulate them easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

absolutely impressive,all in one that includes scales,infograph and report presentation templates .even 100 of floor plans are there .makes things really easy.give it a try!

as a CAD designer,i have found smartdraw really helpful.it provides architectural as well as mechanical scale.templates like flowchart,flow panel,cause and effect,infographs are there for report or presentation purpose.metric and inch wise scale are provided to get your mindset easily

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SmartDraw
SmartDraw review by Timothy k.
Timothy k.

"SmartDraw Review"

What do you like best?

- Ease of use. The software is easy to install easily and even learn it yourself

-Trial version. With the use of trial version, a prospective buyer is able to have a first-hand experience with the product before purchasing it.

-The numerous number of modules available to cut across many industries. The software can be used by many industrial players such as structural engineers, network engineers, physical planners, landscaping professionals etc.

-It is very fast and sleek. It can run almost seamlessly.

-I like the new look. It really cool.

What do you dislike?

-Collaboration is a big setback with this awesome software. It is next to impossible for many people to work on one project from multiple machines/stations.

-The user interface can sometimes be a disadvantage to those users with small screens because of the wide view of the drawing template.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should improve the collaboration aspect of it. A lot can be accomplished by a group of people at the same time in a very should period of time, therefore, improving productivity.

-Design huddles. SmartDraw has brought in the ability to have a vivid description of a plan even before implementing it. It has also enabled financial planning because, with use of this software, projections can be done on the costs expected.

-It has drastically reduced the time required to come up with designs and drawings.

What Diagramming solution do you use?

SmartDraw review by Michael P. L.
Michael P. L.

"Floor plans done right!"

What do you like best?

This software has a lot of great features. The one I am most pleased with is the floor plan designer which gives a wealth of tools at your disposal to accurately plan out pre-construction to remodeling. There are a lot of options to choose from when visualizing your 2D space and using to scale icons allows for accurate representations.

What do you dislike?

Although this is a robust software platform, it does come at a cost even if not too expensive. If your company is the field of turning around floor plans for clients, then this may be worth the cost. There a lots of great features for team account management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For infographics, this is a robust tool set that gives you colorful and neatly designed icons to use. For floorplans, it's a one stop shop for visualizing your space in 2D for construction or remodeling purposes.

The reason I use this software was because I needed to reorganize our warehouse and make it simple to make floor plans that contain a lot of information at one glance. We were able to design a workable solution so that we know where any key asset is at any given time. The floor plan shows us where every storage shelf or floor storage space is on one map so it is easy to train new seasonal employees using this tool.

SmartDraw review by User in Higher Education

"Intuitive Design and Slightly Clunky "

What do you like best?

Although, I wish SmartDraw had a web browser application I like that mirrors the look of other office suites and it very familiar for people who are new to design. As a designer I like that I can click an arrow in any direction and a new shape will appear.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more customization options like manually entering the size that you want your lines or a global resizing of the lines so that they are equal.

Using SmartDraw has expedited the time it takes to design much needed work flow charts for my organization. We designed the flow charts to be more efficient and so that the whole team is on the same page. By using SmartDraw I spend less time making flow charts and can make changes quickly when edits are needed.

SmartDraw review by User

"Smart Draw has been a very useful tool to draw basic design concepts for my design build projects"

What do you like best?

smart draw is easy to use and doesn't take long to learn how to use it. It is a product that can be used by a person beginning in CAD systems to do simple drawings and learn to draw simple floor plans for a project they might be doing. It is great to be used in a home setting by someone who wants to draw up their own house plans. This would also be great if you were designing something that you wanted to take and have someone else build for you. The product have useful help features and also has a good library of furnishings to show in the floor plan to help indicate size or scale. I have used these features to to show subs a floor plan so they can provide pricing for me on my design build projects. This has proven very useful since the subs cant always go to the job site to do their own measuring of the space. I can also provide photos of the space to go along with the floor plan so they can see.

What do you dislike?

smart draw is limited in functionality meaning it doesn't seem to have more advanced features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good tool for simple drawings but I wouldn't recommend it for an architect firm.

I use smart draw to draw basic floor plans for my design build projects so I can get basic concepts to subcontractors and fill in missing information.

SmartDraw review by Katya M.
Katya M.

"Love SmartDraw for org charts, basic design"

What do you like best?

I like the usability of this software for creating organization charts for my company. I also have used the function to create a basic home layout for my home improvement project. Both functions were very good and useful.

What do you dislike?

I'd like there to be a little more functionality/customizing ability built in to the software as I am limited and must find workarounds that are not integrated (for the org charts especially). For the home design function it was a little more flexible but also had limitations that I could work around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate what your needs are and whether this software can do what you need. I used a free trial to be sure it could do what I needed done.

My company needed a nice clean portable PDF of our org charts. This was a solid solution that was quick to learn, easy to create, and modify.

SmartDraw review by Jeremy M.
Jeremy M.

"Great visio replacement"

What do you like best?

Its so easy to use and has so many options to pick from. Even does some project Gantt style charting.

What do you dislike?

Well i found the way its priced to be good but i had to get a lot of seats to make it worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out before you buy, but you will want to buy it.

I could get 50 users for what i would pay for 10 with Visio

SmartDraw review by Lan L.
Lan L.

"SmartDraw software for small business"

What do you like best?

To draw the flowchart business, Charts and Graphs. It is very convenient to make a chart, it can import from excel files quickly. I am interesting this feature. There are many template and icon 3D.

What do you dislike?

Most of features are enough my requirement. It is simple and easy to use. There is no comment. But I hope the software will be better everyday.

To drawing the chart very quick and lively. There are many features like send to mailbox to everyone from software. It is every convenient.

SmartDraw review by User in Information Technology and Services

"A tool that does a lot of things ok"

What do you like best?

The preloaded templates. There are a wide variety of things that get you started quickly, from mind maps to charts and graphs to project planning. You can quickly convert your data from one type to another (though the list is limited based on what you started with). It is easy to add shapes, the shapes are automatically positioned and connected, which is nice for high level simple diagrams.

What do you dislike?

Is it too hard to say what don't I dislike? I like the tool in concept more than in reality. I almost always have problems with it getting it to do what I actually want. Whenever I'm doing a flowchart I always give up and go to Visio because I need to be able to rearrange or align shapes and can't. It's hard to switch the arrow types. Forget flow charts here (and I do a lot of flow charts).

I tried extensively to use the project planning templates, to forecast dates, etc. It looks great when it's all done, but when you need to edit dates later... it doesn't adjust very well. Reentering the dates for every task by hand to override the "intelligent" update that screws them all up is annoying to put it mildly.

The charts and diagrams are nice enough, but again they're kind of locked down. Lately I've been going back to Word and using SmartArt instead.

No client ever has this tool, they have Project and Visio so it's not easy enough to share and collaborate on the documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at your use cases carefully. Do you detailed flow charting? Visio is better. Do you do project planning with interdependencies? Project is better.

Do you need to do a lot of quick and simple diagrams or mind maps? Then this tool can work for you.

I'm not sure if we solved anything. I think the benefits were short lived. We went from buying this tool and centralizing on it so that everyone could have a mind mapping tool and a flow chart tool (it's much cheaper than Visio) to most people not using it anyways... It is still easy though for some staff when they need to build a quick one off simple visual display chart/diagram.

SmartDraw review by Lisa L.
Lisa L.

"Difficult to learn/use."

What do you like best?

I like that I can make changes to design creations for my exhibit space layouts, based on actual square footage so that everything is scaled correctly.

What do you dislike?

The software is designed to disable older software which forces you to purchase the upgrades.

I am a conference coordinator and use the software to design my conference room layouts and exhibit halls.

SmartDraw review by Leanna R.
Leanna R.

"Great Site"

What do you like best?

So,

My boss asked me to create a flow chart for a list of services we configure at the office. And, just like that , i was on the hunt for a very efficient program that would allow me to create a chart that was fast,simple and easy to use. SmartDraw was it. !

I highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I suggest for the program to do is to make it easily accessible to delete the "trial" note that covers the document once you create something but havent subscribed to the actual service online.

SmartDraw has become our go to "flowchart" creator.

It has made us a way to advertise our services to each client who has questions about our services and or pricing.

SmartDraw review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Really Helpful Tool"

What do you like best?

We use Smart Draw for our business unit org chart and I love it. It's really easy to use and it produces a very clean result and looks great.

What do you dislike?

Zooming in and placing things can sometimes be difficult and frustrating, but once you get the hang of it, it gets easier.

We are able to provide a nice looking org chart to the rest of our company. It makes looking up the right person for something very easy.

SmartDraw review by Administrator in Environmental Services
Administrator in Environmental Services

"SmartDraw is very handy"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and has a huge library of symbols and icons. It is quick and easy to put together flow charts and use them in presentations. I am a visual person and the charts from this program help huge.

What do you dislike?

It gets a little tricky trying to put text in sometimes out side of the flow chart boxes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very user friendly and easy to use. Great for visual presentations. Has a ton of icons and pictures and you can always import more.

We have used it to work out procedure and policy issues. It is very useful being visual for everyone to understand and follow.

SmartDraw review by Traci R.
Traci R.

"Smart draw review"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and very intuitive and was easy to implement

What do you dislike?

Can be hard to share files once a work flow is complete and ready to share

process flow and ability to realize process improvements by being able to see the flow and move things around for a better outcome

SmartDraw review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"SmartDraw is a Delightful Product!"

What do you like best?

SmartDraw helps us create compelling visual content - including Org Charts, Business Processes and Work Flowcharts. We also use it for making Certificates for our employees. The features and customization options also work very well!

What do you dislike?

Not much actually. Just wish a lot more companies used it or there were export options to PowerPoint to make it more share-worthy!

We use it to make Organizational Charts, Business Processes and Work Flowcharts. We also use it for making various Employee Certificates.

SmartDraw review by User in Libraries
User in Libraries

"Great to use for flow chart templates"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of logging in either through the web or with the software on the desktop. I like the various flow charts and templates that are needed for office environments

What do you dislike?

The flowcharts are not simple, drag and drop redesign which would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See if it works for you, however it's a great tool to get you started in the right direction for your business.

This is solving organization charts as well as flow of production and responsibility

SmartDraw review by User in Wireless
User in Wireless

"An innovative produt"

What do you like best?

I liked that this product taught me how to create charts like never before. Honestly I was trying to make them in InDesign until I was told about this project.

What do you dislike?

At first it was definitely a little tricky to figure out, coming into it with no prior experience.

The disorganization and also time quality have gotten better now that I can make them quicker.

SmartDraw review by User in Design
User in Design

"Basic fast floor plan and elevation"

What do you like best?

It's easy and fast and looks great. I can do the work at the consultation and keep my clients attention

What do you dislike?

I cannot use it for 3-d

And printing to scale is a challenge with my blue print company

I can do floor plans and elevations super fast

SmartDraw review by User

"Smart Draw Review"

What do you like best?

Displays perfectly on tablets and phones and can be easily shared to others via email

What do you dislike?

This software lacks a presentation screen which can be difficult in meetings

Wanted to display charts, graphs, and flowcharts in a professional way to other team members

Learning about SmartDraw?

* We monitor all SmartDraw reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.