SmarterHQ

SmarterHQ is the leading multi-channel behavioral marketing platform, empowering B2C marketers to personalize individual customer interactions in real-time.

Work for SmarterHQ?

Learning about SmarterHQ?

SmarterHQ Reviews

Ask SmarterHQ a Question
Showing 5 SmarterHQ reviews
SmarterHQ review by Caleb S.
Caleb S.

"Powerful and Effective Marketing Automation"

What do you like best?

I like how simple they make it to create effective marketing/trigger campaigns based on our actual customer data. Once you start using the segmenting tool, it's hard not to get excited about all the possibilities! So whether i'm looking to create straight forward trigger campaign (cart/browse abandon) to more targeted ones (people who viewed specific products or participated in past promotions) I can create that segment in a matter of minutes.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any real complaints. Any issues we've encountered have been addressed in a timely and professional manner. They don't really have any internal data reports built into the dashboard, but of course you should be able to get that from your ESP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're an online retailer and you're ready to get serious about marketing automation, SmarterHQ is a great solution! They were easy to implement as they worked directly with our ESP to get integrated and worked out the technical side of setting up. You do have to provide a feed of your customers and products so some technical work on your side is required too. They also have a nice set of mobile responsive email templates that can easily be changed into your branding and creative. Once you get them setup initially, they're fairly simple to replicate when making new campaigns.

We approached them to take over our abandon cart campaigns and we definitely saw an increase in sends and revenue. We've realized there is a lot more we can be doing in terms of triggered email campaigns that are just not possible with a traditional ESP.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SmarterHQ
SmarterHQ review by User

"Easy To Use And Powerful Personalization Tool"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of SHQ's tool is incredible. Great design and thought was put into their platform. The simple questions we as marketers as like, "Show me all new visitors that have added this SKU to the cart in the last 30 days that came from Google PPC and haven't made a purchase in the last 90 days" are a breeze in SHQ. The best part is you don't need to know how to write a line of code or SQL to get the answer. Their drag and drop filtering system is top notch! Their customer support and tech team are also a joy to work with, even responding after hours when needed and always pushing the limits of our campaigns while suggesting new ways to utilize their product in creatives ways.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of any complaints, wish I had access to the platform years ago! I would like to see some more reporting features, but they tell me it's on their road map.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware of flashy sales pitches from their competitors, I went thru 4 different options before deciding on SHQ.

The ability to segment and send highly personalized emails would of never been possible without SHQ. We were ROI positive with 6 months of launch! Being able to send last chance offers to anyone who has clicked thru an email promotion, added to cart but didn't purchase has been a huge win for us as it quickly became one of our highest revenue generating tactics. We also started using product recommendations inside of our emails based on past purchases.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

SmarterHQ review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Great Automation Tool for Dynamic Emails"

What do you like best?

We didn’t have to spend much time getting things up and running because they already integrated with our ESP, Cheetah Digital - which is important because it preserves our deliverability and sender reputation. The integration + the real-time automated features save me time. I can set up my campaigns and let them bring in revenue in the background so I can spend my limited time elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. The only thing holding me back from taking advantage of everything SmarterHQ has to offer is time. But I’m making it a priority to add additional real-time campaigns when I can.

I use SmarterHQ to not only re-market to customers who have abandoned the site, but going deeper with using some of the insights within SmarterHQ to send customized campaigns based on our customer’s behaviors (such as the sales series mentioned above). Before SmarterHQ, I wasn’t able to prioritize abandonment campaigns because it was more of a manual process. Now it’s automated, reaching more customers than my previous program, and driving more revenue. I’m pretty happy with what SmarterHQ has allowed me to achieve.

SmarterHQ review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="353f01fc-cdbf-4b40-ad31-3ce9c4d060c7">Paige G.</span>
Paige G.
" itemprop="name" />

"Two Thumbs Up"

What do you like best?

I love the easy ability to get list created and how they are directly put into Exact Target. It's a really helpful seamless process. It also helps to have a great account rep who is always on top of getting the list in a short time period.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything i would say i dislike. We have run into a couple of issues, but have always found a workaround which is exactly what is needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having a great account rep is key!

Sending campaigns to list they help us create. The benefit is their list is always extremely engaged in our email which is very helpful.

SmarterHQ review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Great Tool!"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use, our account manager is always more than willing to answer any questions we have and happy to help with any projects we throw at her.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to complain about yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask your account rep for new ideas on how to use SHQ, ours is giving us new ideas every month.

We are currently using this product to target customers who have left our site and it is generating more revenue than we thought it would.

Learning about SmarterHQ?

* We monitor all SmarterHQ reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.