Smartling

Smartling

Smartling works with major content platforms and workflows to help leading brands seamlessly integrate translation into their systems.

Work for Smartling?

Learning about Smartling?

Smartling Reviews

Ask Smartling a Question
Showing 40 Smartling reviews
Smartling review by <span>Jovan R.</span>
Jovan R.

Great Product - Incredible Support Team

What do you like best?

How the product is always moving forward, and how responsive our dedicated support representatives are. Whenever I have issues, they're addressed IMMEDIATELY. In addition, with the right team building it, integrations with other applications are seamless and robust. Couple that with an A1 help center (documentation) and impeccable customer service, you'll love this product.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, our individual needs/desires for the product aren't met; certain enhancements seem to be put on the roadmap and never really addressed. Although this is expected with a large client base, being that we are a large company of our own, it would be nice to be able to personalize the application a bit more (without altering other client's products).

Recommendations to others considering the product

With any application, it's going to take some work and time to master. With that said, the Smartling team supports you the entire way. The documentation that they have available is always helpful, and personally, our "Team Leads" (aka Account Execs) are knowledgeable, responsive, and incredibly helpful. Make sure that you develop good relationships with your customer success executives, and I guarantee you'll find this product beneficial (and a lot easier to master).

Note: I was not a part of the company when the initial implementation was done.

Decreasing bounce rates and increasing revenue by providing quality translated and localized content. We've seen a tremendous amount of savings as we've built up our Translation Memory. In addition, we've been able to hold our outside vendors and internal project managers accountable as a "history" of each string is kept.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Smartling
Smartling review by <span>Robert S.</span>
Robert S.

Smartling – powering OpenTable's localisation journey

What do you like best?

- In general, Smartling enables my team of 2 (including me) to 'punch above our weight' in terms of what we are able to deliver.

- Our organisation's translation and internationalisation needs have grown exponentially over the last two years and Smartling has been able to scale to support these evolving requirements.

- The SmartMatch technology enables us to re-use or adapt translations we've already had done, where they exist – a huge time- and money-saver.

- When things go wrong as they inevitably do, customer support is good overall – responses are prompt and generally resolve issues to my satisfaction.

- The support I receive from my account manager is second-to-none. They are a huge asset to Smartling and, in turn, to me.

What do you dislike?

- Still not easy enough for other stakeholders to capture context for their translations – they report to me that it's too time consuming. More automated solutions would be appreciated.

- Some stakeholders report to me that the UI is difficult to understand / they perceive that it has a steep learning curve. However, support from Smartling that mitigates this is available.

- Roll out of the new CAT tool could have been better managed. This was seen as a key release by Smartling, but for some users, the disadvantages outweighed the advantages and some important features (in the initial release at least) were missing.

- The upgrade of the Smartling API from v1 to v2 was badly mishandled. Initially we were advised that a hard end date was attached to this, we devoted (expensive) development resource to migrating to v2 and then found out – we weren't told directly, rather the information dribbled out of Smartling – that the hard end date for the v1 API had been indefinitely postponed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Smartling has enabled me to continue to meet a diverse set of growing translation and internationalisation requirements at my current organisation. Moreover, it has effectively paid for itself by enabling the re-use/adaptation of existing translations through its SmartMatch technology. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Smartling enables a two-person translation team to manage the diverse localisation needs of an organisation with ambitious international expansion plans. Smartling's SmartMatch technology is saving OpenTable tens of thousands of dollars a year in translation costs.

What Translation Management solution do you use?

Smartling review by <span>Caroline C.</span>
Caroline C.

Proxy Minimizes Need for Headcount

What do you like best?

We use GDN and Business Docs, and I like that I don't need a whole web team for our localized sites/collateral. I can pretty much play localization manager for web and print content, and Smartling is a convenient tool for project management, content storage, and translations wrapped up in one neat little package. Oh, and love that it integrates with Marketo!

What do you dislike?

I've had quite a few Customer Success/Account Managers over the years. I realize that's inevitable, and there has always been coverage for support, but it'd be nice to have a bit more stability in my points of contact.

Benefits: Less headcount, less need for site maintenance, I have a handy place to find/filter all translated content, translators/editors can communicate without me playing middle-woman, I don't have to copy and paste translations in/out of a CMS/spreadsheet.

Smartling review by <span>Nancy O.</span>
Nancy O.

Incredibly powerful and flexible tool with responsive customer support

What do you like best?

Smartling makes my life easy. I haven't been a customer all that long, but we were literally up and running with our first site in two weeks. The support from our account manager and development is first-rate, and because we also use Smartling's translation services (although you can use your own), we really can't fail with the platform.

What do you dislike?

I'm still learning the ins and outs of the platform, but I haven't found anything I don't like yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask questions, learn all you can, and if possible, connect with other customers to make implementation as easy as possible.

With Smartling, we're making our website a truly global presence, and localizing in six languages, with the probability of more languages soon. Having localized websites gives our sales team so much more leverage and we expect to exponentially increase sales using Smartling.

We use Wordpress for our corporate sites and Smartling integrates beautifully with the tool.

Smartling review by <span>Mitchell C.</span>
Mitchell C.

Great Translation Management & Services Platform

What do you like best?

Smartling has been a great choice as our translation service management platform because of their flexibility and ease of use. Smartling's APIs allow us to automatically pull/push translations into our software, making translation management simple and contained. Additionally, the Smartling Translation Services team does an excellent job providing fast, high-quality translations and great support, simplifying the translation management process for our team.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Smartling allowed for more on-page customization so we could translate different marketing pages in specific pages. That said, it is a great platform overall, and I know the team is working on this type of functionality.

Smartling has allowed our team to translate our product into 5 languages quickly and easily, giving us the ability to expand our user base to global, non-English speaking users.

Smartling review by <span>Jason G. L.</span>
Jason G. L.

Speedy, accurate, and agile

What do you like best?

The best thing is the ability to go back and forth with a translator on a single string all from within the application. The software is a huge plus, they continue to amaze me with new integrations and development of new features that make it easy to support multiple languages.

What do you dislike?

The most difficult part about Smartling today is the lack of ability to invoice for a bundle of translations. The monthly translation invoice is great for our business-as-usual costs, but when we bring a new language online, we would prefer to pay for that whole bundle as a single lump sum.

We were able to cut our translation time in half and maintain accuracy while improving our collaboration with translators and internal reviewers.

Learn more about Smartling

Smartling Videos

Learning about Smartling?

* We monitor all Smartling reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.