Smartlook

Smartlook is a tool designed to record the screens of real users on your website. It allows users to see what visitors clicked with their mouse, what they filled into a form field, where they spend most of their time, and how they browse through each page.

Work for Smartlook?

Showing 160 Smartlook reviews
Smartlook review by <span>Heather R.</span>
Heather R.
Validated Review

Website Visitor Sneak Peak!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The maps are my favorite! The click maps, heat maps and fold maps have a ton of valuable information and are providing us with information we wouldn't have otherwise. The click maps tell us what visitors are clicking on, the heat maps tell us where visitors focus, and the fold map tells us how far down they go on the page. The website recordings are great to watch and really help us understand a visitor's journey. A lot of great value for the cost.

What do you dislike?

For the cost and what you can do, there isn't anything I dislike so far. There is a slight learning curve to make sure the code is installed properly and to make sure the maps get recorded. But, once you get that part down, it is really easy to look through the information and digest it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to look at the competitors and review the features. Many of them do similar things, but they each have different focuses. SmartLook focused on areas we wanted to focus on and had a pricing structure we preferred. We're happy with our choice. I would strongly recommend any free trials of the products to make sure you are able to use it before signing up and paying for it.

One of the biggest problems it is solving is better understanding our leads and what their journey prior to filling out a form. Also, it is helping us to better identify what we need to change on our website.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Smartlook
Smartlook review by <span>Waldemar P.</span>
Waldemar P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I've been reading about half a dozen and tried about 3 different user recording / heatmapping tools. And finally found Smartlook! I was happy to see that it is not overloaded and actually offering the right amount of functionality, especially for people who just want to see what the users are doing on the website in order to optimise it. The free version is also limited in a way that allows you to start using this tool and do some useful stuff, not just to see what functionality is available. The support was also great so far, even though I'm only using the free version for now.

What do you dislike?

That in the free version the recording are stored only for 3 days. I would be happy to get the paid version, even though we don't need a lot of stuff there, but even there it is only stored for 1 month. This period is enough to get some insights, but I hope that the guys will realise that especially for small businesses, we don't get many visits over one month to accumulate enough recordings over 1 month to get some confident insights. Yes, we could analyse the recordings every month and add up the insights month by month, but again, we are a small business and only do such things a few times a year.

analysing what problems our visitors encounter and how to enable better conversion rates and improve the website in general.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Heat Maps solution do you use?

Smartlook review by <span>Graeme N.</span>
Graeme N.
Validated Review

It's feels so naughty, but so good!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Being able to watch how users interact with your site, is truly remarkable. To see their screens, to see their movements and clicks... it's just amazing. I can see what pages they go looking for, which pages they journey through and I can watch exactly what they stop at to read or watch. It's really great.

What do you dislike?

Not so much a dislike, but I would like to:

A) See what location an IP address is in from the dashboard. I am searching each one manually at the minute as I want to know where people are browsing from.

B) Not record, or easily delete, sessions of X seconds or less. For example, I have many 20-40 sec clips I don't really need to see.

C) Might be wrong, but you cant watch playback of sessions on mobiles?

I like this tool a lot. A few nights ago I watched someone browsing my site and was able to identify what kind of customer they were based on what they were doing. I then used live chat to chat to them and two days later we received a booking from the client. It is also great to see how your site renders on various devices, browsers and resolutions so seeing this helps me a lot on a design level.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Melinda Lili Ivany of Smartlook

Hi Graeme!

Thank you very much for your feedback. Regarding your comments:

A) We are currently negotiating with our geo-location partner to make sure that the IP in the video will directly be linking to the location name of the visitor.

B) You can easily filter recordings according to their length under Advanced search. You filter them and then you can delete them.

C) Yes, the playback also works for visitors of the mobile version of your website, if they use a supported browser. You can see the device used in the video if you check this screenshot: http://prntscr.com/fp4rm5

If you have more questions, let us know via our live chat service on our website.

All the best,

Lili on behalf of Smartlook Team

Smartlook review by <span>Venkataraman V.</span>
Venkataraman V.

A must for all websites

Validated Review
What do you like best?

We have been taking much care in providing all the information on our website. Yet, sometimes miss some potential sales.

Now, with this tool I am very much able to know what my visitors do on my website. I made some changes accordingly and now the sales has increased.

I would recommend SmartLook for everyone who owns a business website.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. So far I find every information available in my dashboard. So, happy so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe SmartLook is one essential tool to retain sales among growing competition. Using this tool, I found that 60% visitors have come through Android device. So, I just made my website mobile-friendly and now the results have improved.

I found out where our visitors spend most time. Consequently I updated with required information in that page and now sales is just flowing.

Smartlook review by <span>Ognjen K.</span>
Ognjen K.
Validated Review

Easy to use and basically free

Validated Review
What do you like best?

SmartLook is better than the competition mainly because of its generous free plan. You can basically use it forever for free. Also, it is simple to implement. And besides recordings, which are extremely useful for the user experience, there is also a free heatmap tool. Sharing option is available so you can easily point out main problems to other members of your team. That brings us to another useful feature - one smartlook dashboard can be shared among many people. Simply invite the members of the team viA email and after they accept the invitation, they will be able to see what you can.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that you cannot exclude a country from the reports, but only IP address.

Also, if you change the layout of your web page, the heatmaps leave the old one forever.

Another thing - it is not possible (at least in free version) to add a tag to visitor ID, but only to recorded session. Another useful feature would be applying custom names to visitor ID. This would make it easier to see how specific users are engaged with your site.

User recordings tell us what part of our site is the most engaging, and what should we change to offer users better experience. Also, we can see where to place elements that will point users in the direction that we want.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Melinda Lili Ivany of Smartlook

Hi Ognjen!

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

You do have the option to filter the videos according to the visitor country and delete those, so they do not appear in your report, see this screenshot: http://prntscr.com/fp4vwl

Regarding the heatmaps, I recommend to generate a new one after you change the layout of your page.

Yes, visitor tagging is only doable through API, which is only accessible in the paid packages. Same applies to custom names for visitors, there is an API available in the paid packages of Smartlook.

If you have more questions, let us know via our live chat service on www.smartlook.com. Have a nice day!

Lili on behalf of Smartlook

Smartlook review by <span>Jean-Philippe C.</span>
Jean-Philippe C.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I really like the fact that we can see every single move our customers make on the website. This allows us to modify our website accordingly to provide the best possible experience for our users. It's free to use (in its basic form) and we can make good use of the data we get.

What do you dislike?

I kinda hate the way the recordings render after an update to our website. For some reasons, the display of our website on the smartlook screen really does not correspond to what's on the screen for the visitor. That problem corrects itself after a bit though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great free to use product to analyse the behavior of your customer on your website.

We've changed some of our pages following the insight we got from Smartlook. It helps to see if the people are getting what they're after on our site. I love the insights!

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Melinda Lili Ivany of Smartlook

Hello Jean-Philippe!

Thank you very much for your kind words and for your feedback.

Maybe the problem with your videos is with the styles of your site. CSS in Smartlook player does not appear if your website retrieves it from a relative address. Smartlook needs an absolute address to CSS styles so that they can be retrieved from your hosting.

If you have a specific video that seems strange to you, please use the Share button in it to create a publicly shareable link and send it to us for analysis, we will check it and see where the problem is: support@smartsupp.com

Have a nice day!

Lili on behalf of Smartlook

Learning about Smartlook?

* We monitor all Smartlook reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Smartlook to Similar Solutions