Smartlook

Smartlook is a tool designed to record the screens of real users on your website. It allows users to see what visitors clicked with their mouse, what they filled into a form field, where they spend most of their time, and how they browse through each page.

Work for Smartlook?

Learning about Smartlook?

Smartlook Reviews

Ask Smartlook a Question
Showing 295 Smartlook reviews
Smartlook review by ★ Anatoliy D.
★ Anatoliy D.

"Useful tool to understand a customer's journey"

What do you like best?

I can see what a customer sees on our website saasjet.com or web applications we develop. I have used it to provide fast feedback for UI/UX experts and get understanding of what needs to be updated in my SaaS-based startups. A perfect data source for product owners, product managers, website owners and internet marketers. Very good filtering system. It takes just few minutes from account registration to first sessions recorded. Also, it is easy to catch bugs once you receive the complaints from end-customer. API interface could be used to extend the functionality and synchronize your data with other tools or services. We're happy with our choice. There are enough docs and videos on the website to study how everything works. Thank you, guys, for a great job done! Smartlook is my lovely and must have tool I install usually with Google Analytics and Pingdom.

What do you dislike?

Limitations of the free plan (3-day data storage only). I really hate this. Probably, the number of sessions limit works better for startups. I understand that it is just a free version. But the pricing model is not good as for me. Also, the interface of session sequences sometimes confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and install, excellent ROI.

User behavior reconstruction as a pre-recorded video. If your visitor leaves the page, you will understand why. It is the ultimate tool to provide continuous improvement ideas.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Smartlook
Smartlook review by Matt H.
Matt H.

"The best website visitor tool"

What do you like best?

Its easy to use, and has helped me make a lot of tweaks to the website based on how visitors use the site. It is so good to see where users get stuck or confused and then ironing that out, and then seeing new users not get stuck in that area.

It is has great colour coded icons on recordings so you can see when a customer has clicked which is useful. Also its handy having a filter feature so i can quickly see recordings of people who have added to cart.

What do you dislike?

honestly i can't think of anything. I guess if i had to ask for 1 thing it would be a little icon next to recordings on the main recording screen that tells me this recording has had an add to cart happen. But there is segmenting which is just 1 more click so its not a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it you will be very happy with the product

It has helped me make a lot of tweaks to the website based on how visitors use the site. It is so good to see where users get stuck or confused and then ironing that out, and then seeing new users not get stuck in that area.

It also allows me to test new apps quickly on shopify because i can see pretty quickly how people are reacting to the app and if it is annoying them or if its a positive experience.

Being able to see mouse movements too means you can literally see where peoples pain points are for example they are not sure which navigation menu is the right menu to click on - and you can see the mouse going back and forth between the two before they eventually decide on one.

Little things like this just make it a wonderful app

What Session Replay solution do you use?

Smartlook review by Caio A.
Caio A.

"More than I expected"

What do you like best?

The heatmaps optimization. With many access on my client's website Smartlook shows me more accurate data on the maps. With these new informations I could modify the site and it improved the UX and brought to our client more sales. Futhermore, not only Smartlook helped us to improve our client's website but users' mobile access seeing that the behavior from desktop user were different than the mobile user. The session recording was useful too so we could verify why our users were taking so long to purchase.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I didn't like yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool with a friendly dashboard and "easy on the eyes" information, I must choose SmartLook.

Our client have a good traffic, but many visitors left the site in the shopping cart. With Smartlook we discover that the purchase flow was not so friendly to the user. With the heatmap we discover these gaps and our development team solve it.

Smartlook review by Prashant S.
Prashant S.

"Want to Increase your Website productivity? - If Yes then 1000% Smartlook Help You :) "

What do you like best?

First of all, I like the way to install and configure - Very Easy Step by Using GTM or Code. Just A Single Code and Get it Done.

Second is Each and Every Second, Review, Insights Interest Showcase in Video Format. Heatmaps is also a great feature.

I am new for now - reviewing in just after 10 min of signup at Smartlook - but I feel I should share my experience as a new user and ofcourse i am exploring it more and will look into it details.

And Yes - It helps me to give a clear understanding about what user looking, searching and react more. So I can get my platform more better in terms of design and options.

What do you dislike?

For Now - I am a newbee here. But Ofcourse if there I finf something issue or something i dislike - then i will share to support to make it easier or fruitful for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am loving it - Use some more new techniques to promote. people are ready to be a user here

- User Insights in terms of Interest, Thoughts and Where to convert

- Remove unwanted things by adding user interest things.

Smartlook review by Christian B.
Christian B.

"The best web analytics solution I ever used!"

What do you like best?

I like the possibility to have access to sessions recordings so I can analyze my client's behavior and make adjustments on the web page if necessary. When some users have access difficulties I just ask the time when the event occurred and see what happened.

What do you dislike?

As every session is recorded is not an easy task to review the action of all users. But is a necessary effort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product to everyone that needs to deploy the best web monitoring system for their users. No regrets. Is easy to install and use, specifically in Wordpress, that is my case. In a matter of minutes, you can reach the full control of your user's behavior and carefully and specifically plan to meet their needs. In my specific case, e-Learning, I can even know if users are really completing all the steps of the classes. As the session can be live recorded, I mean, at the same time the user is accessing, it is possible even to monitor and give instructions at the same time. This option empowers me to offer the best support solution available.

With SmartLook it is possible to build the best user interface possible because we can see and test what works better. Now I have the possibility to know who is accessing, from where and the bounce rate of specific pages. Is easy to see too what parts of specific pages need to be well developed or have more instructions to the user.

Smartlook review by Jyotishman D.
Jyotishman D.

"Extremely useful tool to understand your visitor behaviour "

What do you like best?

Recordings is certainly my best. We know how the UI/UX is performing and what are the areas that we need to improve on. In page analysis has helped us a lot in terms of restructuring our UI. Smartlook has definitely helped us get more sales. Mobile recordings has been very helpful as we could then redesign the mobile layout according to the user behaviour. Access to location feature has been cool as well. Skip inactivity is another feature that has help me sneak through the user activity without wasting time when user is reading content or taking decisions. Page Navigation of the user helps us determine how we should plan our pages and what should be the pages we need to add after an effective content.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the visitors use VPN and we fail to get their exact location. Also the IP location tracking needs to be improved. Sometimes it is not accurate. The pop-ups and iframe screens are not shown which could also be a great way in understanding user behaviour. Smartlook does not have a mobile application. If you had a mobile application if would help us in many ways. Everytime we need to login to our web browser and look for recordings. I think this can be implemented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Smartlook can really help your get insights of what your visitors are doing on your website. We certainly recommend smartlook for all website owners, designers and programmers.

User Behaviour

UX decisions

Smartlook review by Solimar C.
Solimar C.

"Incredible tool to improve UX in your website"

What do you like best?

With SmartLook you can literally watch your visitor's actions: mouse movements, touch input, where they hovered, clicked, focused on, what they typed (but just non-secured forms) and where they are going. Heatmaps are also a great addition for A/B testing. You can also identify which user are returning visitors (if they've signed up in your website) and which one are new visitors by IP and location. Plus points that you can skip inactivity and speed up or speed down the player. You can also see different kind of user's actions at the players timeline based on nodes of different colors. You can add notes at specific times and the console can show javascript errors too, which is amazing.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a while to the website to load at their player. I've also noticed it doesn't work well with dynamic caching, since it seems that the recorded version saves infomation from the former cached version and it doesn't load the resources accordingly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are probably the best cost/benefit solution of this kind in the market right now and it really works wonders.

I'm solving a lot of navigation issues and discovering where the users are dropping out and why they are leaving or abandoning the cart. I've realized that without SmartLook, I would probably take at least 10 to 20 times longer to realize what was going on with convertion rates. This is truly a must have tool if you're about to launch an ecommerce and you want to see how users are reacting to your website speed, look and feel, layout and navigation flux.

Smartlook review by Martin G.
Martin G.

"Fantastic service optimizing your website!"

What do you like best?

Smartlook provides a simple and clean interface for viewing recordings of all the visitors that visit your website. I'm able to easily view recordings of my users, as well as construct informative heatmaps.

What do you dislike?

Only drawback I noticed was when viewing mobile/tablet heatmaps, whenever a person scrolls down the webpage by tapping on their screen, SmartLook registers each of those taps as a "click", which makes the event tab cluttered with real clicks, and clicks that were just from scrolling down the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many companies out there that provide the ability to record your visitors, as well as set up heatmaps for specific pages. While SmartLook doesn't differentiate itself with features, it does with price. After considering half a dozen competitors, it was clear that SmartLook is most affordable.

I was able to figure out certain elements on my page that weren't properly being displayed on some resolutions. In addition, I've been able to figure out just much of my content is being read by my visitors, and in turn, switch my content around to improve dwell time.

Smartlook review by Clayton  F.
Clayton F.

"I've never seen such an innovative tool."

What do you like best?

Often we, design people, create everything thinking about how the user will behave and the user uses totally differently. Using the tool we can understand where we can improve and how the user behaves in fact.

This gives us important insights that make a difference in our ways of thinking design.

What do you dislike?

Currently the only thing I do not like is that the demo version does not allow me to track more visits from the same user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The main problems solved are the problems of finding that the user behaves in a way on the site and discover that it behaves totally different from what one thinks. And I also do not need to be creating buttons with tracking tags to understand user behavior, I can create buttons just to know where each access comes from.

Smartlook review by Heather R.
Heather R.

"Website Visitor Sneak Peak!"

What do you like best?

The maps are my favorite! The click maps, heat maps and fold maps have a ton of valuable information and are providing us with information we wouldn't have otherwise. The click maps tell us what visitors are clicking on, the heat maps tell us where visitors focus, and the fold map tells us how far down they go on the page. The website recordings are great to watch and really help us understand a visitor's journey. A lot of great value for the cost.

What do you dislike?

For the cost and what you can do, there isn't anything I dislike so far. There is a slight learning curve to make sure the code is installed properly and to make sure the maps get recorded. But, once you get that part down, it is really easy to look through the information and digest it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to look at the competitors and review the features. Many of them do similar things, but they each have different focuses. SmartLook focused on areas we wanted to focus on and had a pricing structure we preferred. We're happy with our choice. I would strongly recommend any free trials of the products to make sure you are able to use it before signing up and paying for it.

One of the biggest problems it is solving is better understanding our leads and what their journey prior to filling out a form. Also, it is helping us to better identify what we need to change on our website.

Smartlook review by Waldemar P.
Waldemar P.

"Exactly what I need - lean & mean user recording service"

What do you like best?

I've been reading about half a dozen and tried about 3 different user recording / heatmapping tools. And finally found Smartlook! I was happy to see that it is not overloaded and actually offering the right amount of functionality, especially for people who just want to see what the users are doing on the website in order to optimise it. The free version is also limited in a way that allows you to start using this tool and do some useful stuff, not just to see what functionality is available. The support was also great so far, even though I'm only using the free version for now.

What do you dislike?

That in the free version the recording are stored only for 3 days. I would be happy to get the paid version, even though we don't need a lot of stuff there, but even there it is only stored for 1 month. This period is enough to get some insights, but I hope that the guys will realise that especially for small businesses, we don't get many visits over one month to accumulate enough recordings over 1 month to get some confident insights. Yes, we could analyse the recordings every month and add up the insights month by month, but again, we are a small business and only do such things a few times a year.

analysing what problems our visitors encounter and how to enable better conversion rates and improve the website in general.

Smartlook review by Bhakti P.
Bhakti P.

"For Website Owners - Must Have Tool!!"

What do you like best?

Have been using the Smartlook not for so long but very impressive results. It helped us understand many aspects including visitors behavior, section/ page wise interest, acts like a closed circuit camera on website, learning about bugs/ errors & helping us in quick fixing. Bonus is sharing part which eases our developers job with less head-ache to us.

What do you dislike?

Honestly nothing to dislike, anyone & everyone should be proud for using such a tool with less efforts for API integration, activation & as they say lights, camera, action...

Recommendations to others considering the product

A must have tool for everyone who owes a website, blog or anything in that matter..its like a non-stop watchdog.

We were looking for a tool which could help us capture the activity as happening LIVE on our website to understand how to improve ourselves to serve our customers more efficiently. Indeed got nothing less then what we asked for - Smartlook - the real-time solutions for all your online need as a developer, web marketer, website/ brand owner & everyone on internet by today. It is here to stay & be for a long while...keep us surprising with more service integration/ application in future.

Smartlook review by Ioannis P.
Ioannis P.

"Great tool to understand your customers better!"

What do you like best?

That you can use the Smartlook (and it can still be useful) even in its free version. Also, that Smartlook saves you money because there's no need to do any additional UX testing from the customer's point of view. And of course, working with the heatmaps is something really critical if you want to improve your web.

What do you dislike?

It might take some time before you learn to use all the functions. On the other hand, there are even video tutorials from Smartlook on their website so thumbs up for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try, you have nothing the lose and there are plenty of benefits.

How to optimize an e-shop in terms of UX. It helps us to understand our customer better.

Smartlook review by Graeme N.
Graeme N.

"It's feels so naughty, but so good!"

What do you like best?

Being able to watch how users interact with your site, is truly remarkable. To see their screens, to see their movements and clicks... it's just amazing. I can see what pages they go looking for, which pages they journey through and I can watch exactly what they stop at to read or watch. It's really great.

What do you dislike?

Not so much a dislike, but I would like to:

A) See what location an IP address is in from the dashboard. I am searching each one manually at the minute as I want to know where people are browsing from.

B) Not record, or easily delete, sessions of X seconds or less. For example, I have many 20-40 sec clips I don't really need to see.

C) Might be wrong, but you cant watch playback of sessions on mobiles?

I like this tool a lot. A few nights ago I watched someone browsing my site and was able to identify what kind of customer they were based on what they were doing. I then used live chat to chat to them and two days later we received a booking from the client. It is also great to see how your site renders on various devices, browsers and resolutions so seeing this helps me a lot on a design level.

Smartlook review by Venkataraman V.
Venkataraman V.

"A must for all websites"

What do you like best?

We have been taking much care in providing all the information on our website. Yet, sometimes miss some potential sales.

Now, with this tool I am very much able to know what my visitors do on my website. I made some changes accordingly and now the sales has increased.

I would recommend SmartLook for everyone who owns a business website.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. So far I find every information available in my dashboard. So, happy so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe SmartLook is one essential tool to retain sales among growing competition. Using this tool, I found that 60% visitors have come through Android device. So, I just made my website mobile-friendly and now the results have improved.

I found out where our visitors spend most time. Consequently I updated with required information in that page and now sales is just flowing.

Smartlook review by Ognjen K.
Ognjen K.

"Easy to use and basically free"

What do you like best?

SmartLook is better than the competition mainly because of its generous free plan. You can basically use it forever for free. Also, it is simple to implement. And besides recordings, which are extremely useful for the user experience, there is also a free heatmap tool. Sharing option is available so you can easily point out main problems to other members of your team. That brings us to another useful feature - one smartlook dashboard can be shared among many people. Simply invite the members of the team viA email and after they accept the invitation, they will be able to see what you can.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that you cannot exclude a country from the reports, but only IP address.

Also, if you change the layout of your web page, the heatmaps leave the old one forever.

Another thing - it is not possible (at least in free version) to add a tag to visitor ID, but only to recorded session. Another useful feature would be applying custom names to visitor ID. This would make it easier to see how specific users are engaged with your site.

User recordings tell us what part of our site is the most engaging, and what should we change to offer users better experience. Also, we can see where to place elements that will point users in the direction that we want.

Smartlook review by József V.
József V.

"This software save our customers!"

What do you like best?

Our team really like it! Easy to use - thanks for professional UI and UX. Smart software, what we enjoy to use. It highlights manageability issues that we would otherwise not recognize. Thank you, Smartlook!

What do you dislike?

We've only been using it for a week so it doesn't have any unwanted features yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend software to those who do not want to grope in the dark, but act based on facts and data. This software knows that.

We wanted to see where visitors left the website before making any purchases so that we could increase their shopping experience. Thanks to the software we've found issues that if we fix, the website will become easier to use therefore making it more profitable.

Smartlook review by Jean-Philippe C.
Jean-Philippe C.

"Very nice tool to track people on your site!"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that we can see every single move our customers make on the website. This allows us to modify our website accordingly to provide the best possible experience for our users. It's free to use (in its basic form) and we can make good use of the data we get.

What do you dislike?

I kinda hate the way the recordings render after an update to our website. For some reasons, the display of our website on the smartlook screen really does not correspond to what's on the screen for the visitor. That problem corrects itself after a bit though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great free to use product to analyse the behavior of your customer on your website.

We've changed some of our pages following the insight we got from Smartlook. It helps to see if the people are getting what they're after on our site. I love the insights!

Smartlook review by Pedro T.
Pedro T.

"Taking a peek on our visitors"

What do you like best?

Watching our visitors and users behavior on our website is the BEST (yes, uppercase) way to know what is working and, even better, what is NOT working on our digital marketing strategies.

What do you dislike?

We are often searching for tools that help us to improve our DM Strategy development, making us faster, more accurate. Of course, we need to test this tools to know if they really fit our needings. Some tools give us the chance to prove their valuability and others just told us what they can do...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try,

We're using smartlook to test our LEAD generation landing pages, making them more effective to reach the goals why our customers have hired us.

Smartlook review by Administrator

"Smartlook is a great tool to find strong and weak points on your website."

What do you like best?

I wanted to know which part of my webpage users appreciated most. Smartlook revealed that to me with a heatmap. Now I know why people don't post any comments on the page. One of the reasons is because only 18% of them scroll to the bottom.

What do you dislike?

If you're looking at a video from a visitor using a smartphone, you see like dots appearing on the screen every time the user touches the touchscreen but I never know if that is a click or just a touch followed by a scroll up or down.

At the start of this experiment, I had a content overview on top of each page (just like Wikipedia). Looking at the videos, I noticed people opening the page, scanning the content overview and leaving the site without further interaction. This means I never had the chance of showing them what this site was about. Since I took away this content overview, people are now scrolling down to find out for themselves if there is anything interesting to read. At least they read the subtitles and more people effectively read a few paragraphs. The next investigation will now be to find out which part they are reading, what is interesting for them and what information they are looking for so I can present more of this kind of information.

Smartlook review by Jan K.
Jan K.

"Must have tool for companies in present times!"

What do you like best?

Heatmaps and customers recording. It gives so many opprotunites to improve your website. You know what exactly you must change and how your customers reacts to improvments.

What do you dislike?

Support in few languages only, but I know it look like that beacuse they are new company, and they don't have so many users from other countires.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In our opinion it's the best tool in this category. It's technology which is still improving so not everything works perfectly, but it's worth it, no doubt!

Mostly which part of our site are good and customers know what to do there. We can check on heatmaps which parts need to be rearranged.

Smartlook review by Jozef U.
Jozef U.

"Very useful Smartlook"

What do you like best?

simply, clear system, record of what my customers do, every record from one visitor in in one group. The ability to sort recordings, date, length of record, etc. The fast record of visitor in real time.

What do you dislike?

I did not find, what dislike me. But, they could have a android app for statistics and records. Its will be more comfortable for track statistics on the road. But maybe could be have a live stream from websites, cause it would be help to customer support. Because we should be what customer do, when we communicate with him and give him a online support through the chat, when he is on e-shop online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you need to know, what your customers do on your e-shop, I recommend this utility - Smartlook. Its good for better services, which you may give to your customers.

Some technical problems with my e-shop was solved thaks to the Smartlook. My e-shop still make a simple, full of information for my customers, but sometimes informations was old, and I forget to erase them. But in the Smartlook I saw, that some information would not be here.

Smartlook review by Consultant

"Good Experience with smartlook"

What do you like best?

Smartlook helps to see the activity of your customers to make usability decisions on the website. It helps to see what are your users doing when arrive, you can know when the user leave and why probably he leaves. It helps detect habits of users within the website, indicates the number of pages visited per session and informs if the user made subsequent visits. It also has and education section.

What do you dislike?

The visits that I as an administrator make to the website are also recorded, this should be discarded because it does not correspond to customer visits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First try and review if it meets your expectations

It has helped me reduce the bounce rate of my ecommerce, recorgize design problems with the template and why the user leaves the page. Still I'm improving my site using smartlook.

Smartlook review by Jana Z.
Jana Z.

"Awesome tool to understand the visitors on your site"

What do you like best?

Especially if you are developing completely new project it is great to have immediate feed-back, how are your visitors understanding, what are you trying to say and ultimately sell on your page. It is an absolute must for all user experience experts and for everybody who is trying to improve the conversion rate on the page.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, sometimes is the app bit slower but the rest is just fine.

Smartlook helped us to understand the visitors of our web. We are continuously improving the page according to the records. We can easily understand, why are visitors confused or leaving the page. The best app to know your visitors better.

Smartlook review by Marketa S.
Marketa S.

"Know what exactly your customers are looking for"

What do you like best?

So easy to use and see how your customers interact with your website. We were even able to catch some problems with our website by watching some of the videos since we launched it recently.

What do you dislike?

I hate that the videos in the free version are stored only for 3 days. It is hard to keep up with the recordings every day. I realize it is a free version, however, the pricing to me is not set up in a very convenient way to us.

It is easy to see if our visitors encounter any problems and how they interact with our website so we can constantly improve it.

Smartlook review by Breno F.
Breno F.

"Great Service!"

What do you like best?

Great service, you can find the weaknesses of your site by the visitor's gaze, I even made several points where my visitors were lost.

Apart from that it is a non-greedy service, which will give you all the ultral tools for the enhancement of your website without so much expense.

SmartLook super recommend!

What do you dislike?

I do not have what to answer the site was everything I needed to improve my business and it helps me a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great service to identify flaws in your sites, by the look of the visitor.

SEO and my site's structure with Smartlook I can see where I went wrong.

Smartlook review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Perfecto para detectar problemas de usabilidad, producto y fallos en tu web"

What do you like best?

Poder ponerte en la piel de los usuarios y ver cómo interactúan con tu site. Tener una visión realista de cómo nuestros usuarios navegan por la web, buscan información, eligen los productos de su agrado... nos ayuda a establecer objetivos y a detectar deficiencias en nuestro negocio.

What do you dislike?

A veces la grabación no es demasiado buena, se cortan pantallas, tardan en cargar, etc. Cuando hay una grabación móvil, la mayoría del tiempo la pantalla queda cortada y no se aprecia qué está haciendo el usuario. También nos gustaría poder filtrar por fuente, páginas visitadas, número de visitas del usuairo, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomendamos smartlook porque te dará una visión mucho más completa de tus usuarios y de tu site. Poder ver cómo navegan tus usuarios te ayudará a detectar problemas en el diseño, la usabilidad, tu catálogo y a conocer mejor a tus usuarios. También podrás detectar el éxito o fracaso de tus campañas de captación y de tus landing pages al poder observar en qué puntos los usuarios abandonan la navegación.

Problemas de usabilidad, errores en la web, deficiencias en el catálogo, problemas para encontrar cierta información, etc. Un caso interesante que detectamos con smartlook fue un problema en el checkout, combinando cierta información, el usuario no podía hacer el pago. Fue muy valioso poder detectarlo con smartlook.

Smartlook review by Manuel L.
Manuel L.

"Great tool to know your clients behaviour in your website"

What do you like best?

The great insights and learnings you can have by simple observing how your clients navigate trough your website. It's incredible how some obvious usability mistakes aren't so obvious until you see someone navigating around the website.

What do you dislike?

The fact that once you have many sessions it get's hard to extract consolidated conclusions. I think it is not a problem of smartlook, it's just that this kind of analysis is more useful observing session by session of your clients.

Detecting mistakes on user interface that can be affecting conversion rates or simply sendind away clients that don't find what they want. I've made several changes to our website based on the observation through smartlook.

Smartlook review by Nick C.
Nick C.

"Simple, effective and invaluable"

What do you like best?

Smartlook has been invaluable in the launch of our new website. It's allowed us to follow the user experience in great detail and spot problems in the UI that we had overlooked. It's also allowed us to determine the causes of very specific use case bugs that would have otherwise been almost impossible to replicate.

What do you dislike?

I hate the photo of the nerdy looking dude on the homepage! I'm not sure if I'm supposed to identify with him, but I really dont...!

Recommendations to others considering the product

At the time of writing this review - the heatmaps stuff is in beta so don't expect too much here just yet. I'm looking forward to that being fully functional.

It's helped us to improve the user interface, the user experience and also fix some really rare bugs.

Smartlook review by Gustavo A.
Gustavo A.

"Very useful for educational companies"

What do you like best?

Os mapas de calor são particularmente muito úteis para descobrirmos qual o call to action mais adequado, além das gravações de tela que nos fornecem dados muito importantes sobre quais os caracteristicas de cada graduação mais chama a atenção do aluno na descrição do produto.

What do you dislike?

O preço para empresas de pequeno porte é razoavelmente alto e a versão grátis oferece uma quantidade de recursos demasiadamente limitada.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A versão free é uma boa oportunidade para pequenos negócios identificarem pontos de melhora nas principais páginas do seu site. A ferramenta oferece insights que não teríamos apenas com a utilização do google analytics.

Ajustes de cores e texto dos botões de call to action, bem como a diminuição de etapas do funil de vendas.

Smartlook review by Adrian C.
Adrian C.

"Very powerful tool"

What do you like best?

We are using Smartlook at www.softyjobs.com since a few months ago and this tool helped us to solve a lot of issues and modify our website for a better user experience. Must say that there's a free package so it's easy to test this tool before purchasing.

What do you dislike?

The homepage doesn't display as it should be, just a small error rendering our site, for the rest, all OK.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simply use this tool and for sure will become a must have to know more about your visitors.

We solved both technical and layout issues, so this tool had a huge impact on our final product. Benefits: a better user experience.

Smartlook review by Ville K.
Ville K.

"Smartlook experience"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can see how people browse through my webshop and based upon that I can improve specific areas if I can see they are not finding information easily.

I also like that fact that the free package already gives good features.

What do you dislike?

The price of the premium packages is a bit steep, especially with a site that doesn't really get that many visitors per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product for anyone looking to get a better insight to their website and how visitors are using it.

I can easily improve my site by analyzing the way visitors browse through the site.

Smartlook review by Joel L.
Joel L.

"This tool is amazing!!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can see the flow of a user's visit on our site. It gives us an idea of what calls to action are working or not and has helped us improve our site tremendously.

What do you dislike?

not much. This is a pretty comprehensive tool and I don't have anything negative to say about it. It's hard to say anything bad about something that works so well!

When we redesigned our website, we had no way of measuring metrics and knowing if our layout was keeping visitors engaged. By having the ability to view where people are looking, it allowed us to strategically modify our site to keep visitors longer. It has been a huge help.

Smartlook review by Yan M.
Yan M.

"Best working tool i tried"

What do you like best?

My only need was a session recording of the users who use my apps, when i tried other tools i found the sessions wasn't recording right, and while it looked like there is something wrong with my app the problem was with the recording itself.

Currently i'm using the free version, i will sure upgrade soon just to give something back to those guys.

What do you dislike?

Well, i don't really dislike the UX/UI of the tool but it could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its free, try it.

I can know where my users have problem on my app, this saves me time in fixing this issues.

Most users don't report bugs they encounter while using your tool/app, with Smartlook you don't need them to do so.

Smartlook review by Airton Carlos N.
Airton Carlos N.

"Wonderful, for everything"

What do you like best?

The best part of the Smartlook is to watch how my customer can use my system, analyze how they do the operations and what are expecting with the results.

What do you dislike?

For now, I can't quote any big problems. The Smartlook is almost perfect, but, maybe the loading time of my site was better before I install the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For my business this SaaS are the best solution in cost vs beneficts

The Smartlook can help me with the analyze about the UX, and with the support for my customers too.

With the video recording I can see what my customer are doing and help them.

Smartlook review by Oleg L.
Oleg L.
View Original

"A great instrument to understand what your users do "

What do you like best?

Very friendly interfase for a usual user. This service allowed us to track what our users click on the site, and remove unnecessary. It is a very comfortable service for everyday using. Web analysts will love this service.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately you haven't gor access to historical data when account is not paid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it for free, then choose a plan you need

Remove unnecessary features from a service and understand weak and strong points of your site

Smartlook review by Klara M.
Klara M.

"User-friendly"

What do you like best?

it's clearly arranged, quick and offers free version with limited storage, but for smaller enterprises this is sufficient

What do you dislike?

there are always some recordings missing. This is quite a problem when you miss a new user signing up. How did he find us? For start-ups this is crucial information.

for starting projects and enterprices it is highly beneficial that you can actually see where and how do visitors find your website. Then we spotted some problems with our "About us" site and thanks to smartlook we were able to fix them and make the site more user-friedly

Smartlook review by Administrator

"Great tool for website designer"

What do you like best?

the fact of being able to see how visitors navigate on the site is a good tool to optimize buttons, links etc... the fact that we know our websites very well but not those who come to visit it, it is important to see how all these people navigate and how best to guide them by adapting the site to the problems encountered

What do you dislike?

from time to time there are registration or display bugs related to the browsers used, or some visits do not appear. But nothing very bad considering the performance of the tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

go ahead, test it and see how visitors behave on your site. Maybe it will help you to better optimize your visit and make the experience perfect!

I was able to correctly optimize the pages where I saw that visitors didn't understand where to go. Better manage texts too long, loading times depending on connections, the number of photo series to present so as not to annoy visitors, To offer them a better experience on my website, very useful for me in any case, both on the mobile version of my site and on the Internet version

Smartlook review by Gerard C.
Gerard C.

"Record user sessions at low price"

What do you like best?

The price. I have used several tools for recording users sessions in order to assess their behaivour and do website optimisation and what I like more from Smartlook is that is very simple, user friendly and cheap, compared to other tools.

What do you dislike?

You only can filter records depending to very standard parametrers as url. I would like to be capable to filter by events; for example those users that have added a producto into the cart.

I detect easily torubles that the user can have in the website in order to improve quickly the user experience. Smartlook gives me tons of qualitative data.

Smartlook review by Carlos O.
Carlos O.

"I always recommend"

What do you like best?

Smartlook records every visitor session and replay its like you were watching from above of his shoulder, it's going to help you to really see the behavior of your visitors on the web, what parts are reading or what are skipping, it's very low and also fast.

What do you dislike?

It will be better some anlitycs on the admin, like heat maps, visitors or some other using the data they already have, they can be way better than other heatmaps on the market

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start now!!

UX problems are solved with smartlook, its way better than looking a bunch of numbers you can spend hours seeing sessions and how the interact and improve your objectives on the website.

Smartlook review by Martin M.
Martin M.

"Excellent tool for optimization"

What do you like best?

The ability to see the movements and actions of users allows optimizing the interface to the maximum.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to delete recordings or comment on them so I can find them more easily later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Smartlook shows all the necessary information to understand the way in which users develop on the platform. What allows to make more intuitive controls, order the most relevant contents to the sector most seen by them, etc. It is applicable to all projects and industries.

We mainly need to know why users abandon the purchase process at a certain point and the application allows us to understand what complications users find along the way.

Smartlook review by Cristian C.
Cristian C.

"Amazing, easy to use, immediate results"

What do you like best?

No need to say how likely I am to recommend - already recommended, to ALL my colleagues. We run about 25 websites and this tool has been priceless! We've got recording almost instantly and could see some problems we had in our checkout for our e-commerce platform that we could solve immediately. I love the ease of use, filters, custom events, integration with Google Analytics. Could not ask more!

What do you dislike?

If only I had time to watch all of the recordings!

We've been able to fix some problems in our checkout watching our customers get stuck in some areas as well as a ton of ideas for improvement of our entire website.

Smartlook review by Administrator in Program Development
Administrator in Program Development

"Love this tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to integrate with Squarespace and cool dashboard to analyze people behavior. I really love the new UI that they used. The first edition was quite boring but the tool was and continues to be one the most powerful tool used so far. And the major advantage that I found is that they give a free account and 1 site to test this tool.

What do you dislike?

well not dislike but will love to have an app so I can use it even if I am not at home. So I can really use in every moment this app. Basically what I couldn't understand well is how to improve better analysis: more precise is if they can give solutions or tips to use their tools. A sort teaching marking school from the smartlook point of view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I Well I will defenetly raccomand this product because I think is a good solution for people who don't have lot of money to spend for analysis.

People ask me to analyze and track page view but this way of actually watching how people use by recording is fantastic

Smartlook review by Michal F.
Michal F.

"Nice tool for improving my web"

What do you like best?

The feature of viewing live what my customers doing in my web and how I can improve it.

What do you dislike?

The unknown terms during beggining of my experience with Smartlook. Only after watching tutorial videos it was more clear how to work with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, so you can see yourself how to improve your business.

If Smartlook is free with premium services for non-profit organizations.

Big benefit is simplicity in viewing what is good and wrong with my web.

Smartlook review by Heather D.
Heather D.

"Carolina Partners in Mental HealthCare, PLLC"

What do you like best?

I like that the information about where the user originally came from to our site is available. Also the video speed can be increased.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really yet. Have only used the trial/free version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for patterns in user behavior. I spent a day watching videos and came up with more than 10 things that needed to be addressed.

Website UX - we were able to see where some users were getting lost in their research and have since added buttons to help with user flow.

Smartlook review by Amarnath P.
Amarnath P.

"Best Tool for Small Advertisers like Me"

What do you like best?

I liked the recordings and heatmaps very much.I even wondered how is that possible to record the users screens.

What do you dislike?

I really have no words to dislike.Pricing is really good and I don't have any dislikes about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are some competitors to Smartlook but this really has good UI and also its free for some limiting usage.

I am seeing my website heatmap to know where visitors are clicking.

How visitors are behaving on my website?.

Also tracking from which campaign the user came.

Smartlook review by simone b.
simone b.

"Very useful tool"

What do you like best?

thanks to smartlook I can see the behavior of users who visit my site and understand what to improve. Understanding user preferences allows you to make more sales and improve the quality of your site. I recommend it to everybody

What do you dislike?

in reality for now there is something that I do not like in particular, I have not yet understood how to use the funnel but with a bit of detail I will understand this too

I have an ecommerce of clothing and we did not realize that users got tired because the purchase process was long. We have shortened the buying process and increased sales

Smartlook review by Kesavamurthy N.
Kesavamurthy N.

"Easy to use and it's free"

What do you like best?

1) I can easily see what my customers are looking at and what kind of content they really get enage with.

2) how my website renders in various devices and if there are any kind of display issues, I can replicate and fix it.

What do you dislike?

I can't see at real time if the user has logged in to the website. The recording shows either after the user has left or hanging there for a long time. Basically a notification for the Admin as soon as a user visits our website. So that we can see what they browse and activate instant live chat.

Engagement with the users, Content

Smartlook review by Aurora e.
Aurora e.

"Good insights"

What do you like best?

I am able to figure out the problems faced by customers in accessing my website and clearing them in our website www.auroraelabs.com

What do you dislike?

Nothing in specific. Would be great if I can filter recording where a specific event like successful form submission has taken place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good Product

Customers need not report the problems. I am actively figuring out them. And gaining more insights on the customer journey

Smartlook review by Kayla B.
Kayla B.

"Very Cool Tool"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to navigate and gives so much value. It's allowed me to see where my visitors are stopping in the sales funnel etc.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike, but can't wait until the advanced features are available... Like the advanced analytics around where people are dropping off and the relating visualizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I say give it a try with the free trial. It provides so much value.

Where I can further optimize my store and how I can make it better.

Learning about Smartlook?

* We monitor all Smartlook reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.