Smartlook

Smartlook is a tool designed to record the screens of real users on your website. It allows users to see what visitors clicked with their mouse, what they filled into a form field, where they spend most of their time, and how they browse through each page.

Work for Smartlook?

Learning about Smartlook?

Smartlook Reviews

Ask Smartlook a Question
Showing 220 Smartlook reviews
Smartlook review by <span>Jyotishman D.</span>
Jyotishman D.

"Extremely useful tool to understand your visitor behaviour "

What do you like best?

Recordings is certainly my best. We know how the UI/UX is performing and what are the areas that we need to improve on. In page analysis has helped us a lot in terms of restructuring our UI. Smartlook has definitely helped us get more sales. Mobile recordings has been very helpful as we could then redesign the mobile layout according to the user behaviour. Access to location feature has been cool as well. Skip inactivity is another feature that has help me sneak through the user activity without wasting time when user is reading content or taking decisions. Page Navigation of the user helps us determine how we should plan our pages and what should be the pages we need to add after an effective content.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the visitors use VPN and we fail to get their exact location. Also the IP location tracking needs to be improved. Sometimes it is not accurate. The pop-ups and iframe screens are not shown which could also be a great way in understanding user behaviour. Smartlook does not have a mobile application. If you had a mobile application if would help us in many ways. Everytime we need to login to our web browser and look for recordings. I think this can be implemented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Smartlook can really help your get insights of what your visitors are doing on your website. We certainly recommend smartlook for all website owners, designers and programmers.

User Behaviour

UX decisions

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Smartlook
Smartlook review by <span>Clayton  F.</span>
Clayton F.

"I've never seen such an innovative tool."

What do you like best?

Often we, design people, create everything thinking about how the user will behave and the user uses totally differently. Using the tool we can understand where we can improve and how the user behaves in fact.

This gives us important insights that make a difference in our ways of thinking design.

What do you dislike?

Currently the only thing I do not like is that the demo version does not allow me to track more visits from the same user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The main problems solved are the problems of finding that the user behaves in a way on the site and discover that it behaves totally different from what one thinks. And I also do not need to be creating buttons with tracking tags to understand user behavior, I can create buttons just to know where each access comes from.

What Heat Maps solution do you use?

Smartlook review by <span>Heather R.</span>
Heather R.

"Website Visitor Sneak Peak!"

What do you like best?

The maps are my favorite! The click maps, heat maps and fold maps have a ton of valuable information and are providing us with information we wouldn't have otherwise. The click maps tell us what visitors are clicking on, the heat maps tell us where visitors focus, and the fold map tells us how far down they go on the page. The website recordings are great to watch and really help us understand a visitor's journey. A lot of great value for the cost.

What do you dislike?

For the cost and what you can do, there isn't anything I dislike so far. There is a slight learning curve to make sure the code is installed properly and to make sure the maps get recorded. But, once you get that part down, it is really easy to look through the information and digest it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to look at the competitors and review the features. Many of them do similar things, but they each have different focuses. SmartLook focused on areas we wanted to focus on and had a pricing structure we preferred. We're happy with our choice. I would strongly recommend any free trials of the products to make sure you are able to use it before signing up and paying for it.

One of the biggest problems it is solving is better understanding our leads and what their journey prior to filling out a form. Also, it is helping us to better identify what we need to change on our website.

Smartlook review by <span>Waldemar P.</span>
Waldemar P.

"Exactly what I need - lean & mean user recording service"

What do you like best?

I've been reading about half a dozen and tried about 3 different user recording / heatmapping tools. And finally found Smartlook! I was happy to see that it is not overloaded and actually offering the right amount of functionality, especially for people who just want to see what the users are doing on the website in order to optimise it. The free version is also limited in a way that allows you to start using this tool and do some useful stuff, not just to see what functionality is available. The support was also great so far, even though I'm only using the free version for now.

What do you dislike?

That in the free version the recording are stored only for 3 days. I would be happy to get the paid version, even though we don't need a lot of stuff there, but even there it is only stored for 1 month. This period is enough to get some insights, but I hope that the guys will realise that especially for small businesses, we don't get many visits over one month to accumulate enough recordings over 1 month to get some confident insights. Yes, we could analyse the recordings every month and add up the insights month by month, but again, we are a small business and only do such things a few times a year.

analysing what problems our visitors encounter and how to enable better conversion rates and improve the website in general.

Smartlook review by <span>Graeme N.</span>
Graeme N.

"It's feels so naughty, but so good!"

What do you like best?

Being able to watch how users interact with your site, is truly remarkable. To see their screens, to see their movements and clicks... it's just amazing. I can see what pages they go looking for, which pages they journey through and I can watch exactly what they stop at to read or watch. It's really great.

What do you dislike?

Not so much a dislike, but I would like to:

A) See what location an IP address is in from the dashboard. I am searching each one manually at the minute as I want to know where people are browsing from.

B) Not record, or easily delete, sessions of X seconds or less. For example, I have many 20-40 sec clips I don't really need to see.

C) Might be wrong, but you cant watch playback of sessions on mobiles?

I like this tool a lot. A few nights ago I watched someone browsing my site and was able to identify what kind of customer they were based on what they were doing. I then used live chat to chat to them and two days later we received a booking from the client. It is also great to see how your site renders on various devices, browsers and resolutions so seeing this helps me a lot on a design level.

Smartlook review by <span>Venkataraman V.</span>
Venkataraman V.

"A must for all websites"

What do you like best?

We have been taking much care in providing all the information on our website. Yet, sometimes miss some potential sales.

Now, with this tool I am very much able to know what my visitors do on my website. I made some changes accordingly and now the sales has increased.

I would recommend SmartLook for everyone who owns a business website.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. So far I find every information available in my dashboard. So, happy so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe SmartLook is one essential tool to retain sales among growing competition. Using this tool, I found that 60% visitors have come through Android device. So, I just made my website mobile-friendly and now the results have improved.

I found out where our visitors spend most time. Consequently I updated with required information in that page and now sales is just flowing.

Learning about Smartlook?

* We monitor all Smartlook reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.