SmartRecruiters

SmartRecruiters

The SmartRecruiters Talent Acquisition Platform enables Hiring Success. Recruitment marketing and collaborative hiring atop a modern platform allow you to acquire talent like acquiring customers.

Work for SmartRecruiters?

Learning about SmartRecruiters?

SmartRecruiters Reviews

Ask SmartRecruiters a Question
Showing 238 SmartRecruiters reviews
SmartRecruiters review by User in Information Technology and Services
View Original

"A nice choice for small businesses"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SmartRecruiters
SmartRecruiters review by Grégoire C.
Grégoire C.

"Ops recruitment"

What do you like best?

Very linky and efficient support between ops and HR

What do you dislike?

Should be more dense for a basic applicant (lot of options)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very useful tool (meets requirements, ease of use and doing business with).

The visual management is crystal clear and comfortable, and report out is helpful for the efficiency of the recruitment, and even more between operations and HR departments (comments, quotations, notes, etc).

Nothing more to say if the HR department is able to store digital and manual applications (this could be a strong point if applicant is not aware of current opportunities) > communication of job description within different plateforms is very easy (LinkedIn, Viadeo, Messenger, etc).

I am really convinced that people should invest in such a software in order to be able to manage the process in a efficient way of business. And this tool is not specific for HR department, but could also provide a lot of improvements for production and operations supports. It is really a complete asset for organisation implementation and lean organisation. It may be also use for Knowledge Management, thanks to the history of data and completion of job descriptions. The Smart Recruiter tool is also meeting the expectation regarding the requirements on follow up in a complex application (multi sites or different actors for a unique job recruitment).

Recruitment and feedback of interviews, but should be less difficult to candidate (because we choose to have 100% by SR and no cv by hand...)

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

SmartRecruiters review by Carol C.
Carol C.

"Mostly excellent"

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly Smart is and how much functionality it has. It is so versatile, you can do almost anything you like on it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it feels as though there isn't enough support - or not the right level of support (nice as he is, our account manager is very junior and often doesn't have the answers we need). Occasionally we even seem to have been given wrong information too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely highly recommended. Very competitive product. That said, set things up the right way from the beginning.

Right now we are looking at merging accounts for all brands across LeoVegas Gaming Group; this should help us work better globally, share candidates and thus have a bigger pool of candidates - here we are struggling a little. Other than that, Smart seems to have coped with GDPR quite well. Other than that it is a great a ATS to work with all round.

SmartRecruiters review by Kasey G.
Kasey G.

"Smart Recruiters is great!"

What do you like best?

All applications go to the same place.

Templates are really great for creating the job ads and sending e-mails.

Although this is very new to us, it is very convenient, easy to navigate, and user friendly.

Automatic rejection sent to candidates that do not meet screening requirements.

What do you dislike?

1) People can apply for "Full-time" when they are ONLY part-time candidates - very misleading.

2) If you do not have an active job ad on SR for all positions/locations in your franchise available, you can not see who has applied.

3) You can not "delete" candidates from the job unless you have sent them a rejection letter.

4) When advertised on some job posting sites it does not specify the location that they are applying to (Indeed for example.)

5) I don't know if this was a communication issue, but when I tried to use the "scheduled interview" part of SR, nobody showed up the entire day (...it was a very boring day.)

6) If a candidate has been rejected, I do not think they should be "allowed" to apply to another location/position. I have noticed this happening many times since I have started using this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None - very easy to use and learn.

We are getting more applications every day, which is a huge benefit! We are able to elaborate on our job postings if we are looking for specific criteria.

SmartRecruiters review by Beth W.
Beth W.

"Always something new!"

What do you like best?

Regular releases with features that you actually want show that they listen to their customers and are in-tune with what's happening in the recruiting industry.

What do you dislike?

The current permission settings for employees makes it difficult to allow team members full functionality to do scorecards in the system as it would give them too much access to information on the candidate profile. However, I have seen updates on their online community that they will be addressing that in an upcoming release.

We wanted an easy to use solution that our hiring managers would adopt, the recruiting team would want to use, and that provided a seamless candidate experience (no duplicate entry or required logins). SmartRecruiters has given us all of those things. I'm also excited about their new offerings of a CRM tool and an automation tool that we plan on adding next year.

SmartRecruiters review by David A.
David A.

"SmartRecruiters is easy to use, efficient, and an excellent value."

What do you like best?

It is quite easy to manage the entire process. From posting an ad to sponsoring the ad on multiple sites, to managing applicants as they come in, it is great to have all of it available in a single web-based system.

What do you dislike?

There are very minor technical issues that arise every now and then, and the wait for resolution is never ideal. However, the support team is always ready to help. They usually have issues resolved within a few hours. I would also like to have integrated texting to candidates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you decide to use this system, I would encourage making sure that each applicant is moved along in each stage of the process. For the most accurate use of the analytics data (cost per hire, souring hires, etc.), the candidates place in the process must be reflected in the system for accurate tracking.

Our main goal here was to have an easy to use applicant tracking/recruiting system that we could share with store owners and train them to use it. While sharing the system, each store owner has their own login credentials and postings. But we also have centralized monitoring and support from our Home Office account. Since SmartRecruiters is so easy to use, it has been easy to teach. The stores that use the system as they are encouraged to use it have seen better results finding staff. That is a huge benefit in the auto repair industry.

SmartRecruiters review by Matthew C.
Matthew C.

"Great ATS!"

What do you like best?

honestly the best part of Smart Recruiters (there are many!) is the fact that they come out with updates CONSTANTLY. SR uses a feedback forum online where users of the system can type their own suggested change that they'd like to see in the system and based on how many others agree with your review then SR will implement that change. Also, another great piece is the UI is SO easy to use. When i get my new hiring managers into the system they're able to navigate the system super easily without much training at all.

What do you dislike?

The parallel application feature can be a bit confusing to users that aren't in the system constantly. If an applicant has applied to multiple positions, you have to click the particular job that you want to update and it opens up a new window so you can see all of the features for that applicant. Nothing too bad, it can be just a bit confusing to some.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just hear them out during the demo/initial phone call and trust that they're CONSTANTLY implementing upgrades and listening to the user community, that gives SR a HUGE jump over other ATS'.

A lot! We're able to get our jobs out to Google jobs, and MANY MANY other (included) job posting websites, that solves a huge problem (obviously). We're also able to help our metrics, specifically time to offer and time to fill because of the usability of the system.

SmartRecruiters review by Nick Z.
Nick Z.

"A fun, simple, and cost-effective ATS"

What do you like best?

I really like the simple approach to collecting and organizing data. Many of the screening tools are built around the concept of a social media platform which makes it enjoyable to use too.

What do you dislike?

Since it's always in development there are features that would be nice to have but are not yet available. Compare that to more well-established ATS vendors who already have these features built means SmartRecruiters is a little behind its competition. I'm willing to accept that trade-off for the benefits though. As an admin I am very fluent with the system, however I find my occasional hiring team users are less engaged. Other than a comprehensive user guide there's not much in the way of tutorials to help these occasional users quickly get up to speed and using the system effectively.

It's been fantastic for organizing and prioritizing the volume of applicant information. It alleviates a burden on HR and hiring managers administratively so we can focus on evaluating and hiring these candidates. For a multi-site company likes ours it's an incredible time savings to have many hiring team members able to easily access and share all candidate info in one place.

SmartRecruiters review by Guillaume S.
Guillaume S.

"Easy for applicants, hard for recruiters"

What do you like best?

It's really easy for a candidate to apply to an offer in one click.

What do you dislike?

- the candidate isn't aware of the offer on which he is positionned first

- the candidate can't not qualify its application. The recruiter needs to open every application/resume to figure out if the applicant is good for the job or not. When there is too many applications, a lot of applicants don't get answers until the job is closed. It would be much better to have a scoring system allowing each recruiter to set up eligibility questions for the candidate to fullfill; the best candidates would thus appear on top of the list, and the full list could be filtered based on these answers. I noticed you are currently working on a new matching system, but if the recruiter can't modify its criteria, it would be useless.

It's really great to be able to see all open positions in the group, and to know which recruiter is involved on each of them.

SmartRecruiters review by Kelly W.
Kelly W.

"SmartRecruiters is fantastic!"

What do you like best?

SmartRecruiters is super convenient and user friendly. It integrates with Google Calendar and makes scheduling interviews a breeze. I love using the application on my smartphone and the bulk messaging feature and message templates make responding to candidates in large volume requisitions easy. One of the best features of SmartRecruiters is the ability to push to job aggregates and the software integrations all available in the marketplace internally. I also really like the ability to customize the hiring process and add others to the workflow.

What do you dislike?

The cost of Craigslist ads and refreshes on current posts ads up over time -- I wish there was a way SmartRecruiters could make a deal with Craigslist for bulk messaging on an annual or monthly basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying the phone application! Its amazingly portable and easy to use!

This ATS has helped create a smooth workflow for all onboarding applicants and has housed a pipeline of future candidates with reviews and notes internally!

SmartRecruiters review by Michael K.
Michael K.

"SmartRecruiters is Awesome! Very helpful for our team"

What do you like best?

I really like how everything looks on the platform. It's very easy to rate candidates, to see others' reviews, and to look at candidate resumes. You can view the job description easily and look at leads, rejections, how many applications there are, etc.!

What do you dislike?

There are huge banner ads, but it's related to recruiting, I guess. There's one now that's for an event called Hiring Success. The banner ad takes up a big part of the screen at the bottom, and it's irrelevant because I'm not actually a recruiter.

Hiring good employees that are a fit for your company's culture, your team, and the company as a whole is extremely important. The business problem SmartRecruiters solves is making hiring as easy as possible. The benefits are that our team can have an open conversation about candidates, and we can review them for everyone on our team to see.

SmartRecruiters review by Carmen S.
Carmen S.

"Effective and Time Saving"

What do you like best?

I love the screening and pre-screening options. They save me a LOT of time in my search. The video interview has been great at finding the type of candidate that I'm excited to interview. I find my interviews are more effective as I get better candidates through the door right from the beginning. No Duds.

What do you dislike?

When things go wrong, I often cannot intuit what happened and have to reach our for help. I wish I could fix things myself.

Sometime the resume does not upload properly and I need to take the extra step of opening it

Our quality of candidate has greatly increased, I am able to weed through candidates that do not have the right availability or qualifications right away, instead of discovering this during the interview. The video interview saves me a lot of time as I do not have to do phone pre-screening anymore.

SmartRecruiters review by Jason F.
Jason F.

"An ATS that works!"

What do you like best?

Smart Recruiters helps our de-centralized and small HR department recruit like a corp giant with 100's of Recruiters. It is intuitive that all our hiring managers can follow and track candidates without the hassle of paper. We love the fact that once posted, our jobs are sent free to multiple job boards including the big guys like Indeed. This alone saves us $1000's.

What do you dislike?

SR is growing and so as an early adopter of the product we got a lot more attention than we did when they were new. Having said that, the service level is still great, we are just one of many big companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the ATS market, you need to add them to your list of possible vendors.

The cost and time to hire without SR was cumbersome and hard to manage. We now have professional looking postings and are meeting the needs of our candidates by being mobile. Our hiring managers know what is going on and spend less time shuffling through paper and make better hires. We can run over 800 stores in NA much more effetely using this product.

SmartRecruiters review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Recruiting Made Simple"

What do you like best?

Smart Recruiters has brought our hiring process into the 21st century. Previously everything was printed and handed out to the interview team, but with Smart Recruiters we have been able to streamline and collaborate, viewing application materials prior to scheduling interviews, using the built in tools to evaluate and select candidates and print out needed documents to assist with background and reference checks, In essence I guess I would say it has changed everything for us!

What do you dislike?

Cost for some of the features we would like to utilize are beyond our budget for now, but as we continue to develop processes around its use, I believe we will be able to sell the powers that be on upgrading to a higher level of service to allow for use of these additional resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Move slowly in testing this platform as it has a lot of bells and whistles you will miss if you don't!

Shared viewing of application and reference materials, collaborative review processing and real-time evaluations and selection criteria at our fingertips.

SmartRecruiters review by Cody K.
Cody K.

"Great Applicant Tracking System"

What do you like best?

The collaborative way to ensure applicants are moving through the interview cycles/stages in a timely manner. Great way to resolve disagreements or at least acknowledge differing perspectives on a prospective applicant.

What do you dislike?

The lack of sorting capabilities on the job view with good and bad candidates in one jumbled list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't compare it to other products, but if you need a solid out of the box applicant tracking system, Smart Recruiters is a good bet.

I can not only refer people, but get credit for the referrals. It is amazingly simply for all collaborating and ranking applicants while also coordinating with the recruiting teams leading the charge.

SmartRecruiters review by Kevin A.
Kevin A.

"The easiest ATS I've ever dealt with!"

What do you like best?

The simplicity & ease of use is unparalleled in the industry right now. I should know, I worked at a Job Board for many years!

What do you dislike?

There's no way to do a specific search on certain keyword is your own database. Searches right now have no relevance (as far as I know).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used A HOST of ATS system, but Smartrecruiters is definitely the easiest & most simplistic one of all. Their integration capabilities is fantastic & it takes around 5 minutes to train any new hiring managers on how to utilise the functionality. The recruitment process is soo much more effective on this platform.

Easy interaction with clients when screening candidates & communicating about them. Significantly reduced our turnaround time for placing candidates.

SmartRecruiters review by User

"Recruited a Junior Graphic Designer"

What do you like best?

As a creative team leader whose job normally has little to do with recruiting candidates and scheduling interviews, I liked that SmartRecruiters is a one stop shop for recruiting, reviewing, ranking, and managing the interview process for our candidates. This made the recruiting process much more painless for me.

What do you dislike?

There are some strange graphical interface issues with SmartRecruiters when trying to rank candidates, or when switching from one candidate's information to another. The filtering tool is not intuitive and doesn't retain the last filter preference you've made, so you have to re-filter every time you review candidate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool for recruiting and managing candidates. I'd highly recommend it.

Recruiting and managing candidates. The benefits are the simplicity of the platform for managing the influx of candidates, and the high volume of candidates we receive. We had a lot of people to choose from and the review process went quickly thanks to the tools in the platform.

SmartRecruiters review by Corrina G.
Corrina G.

"Easy to use, always innovating and improving"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the platform has grown so much in the past couple of years, from a simple, easy to use ATS to now having many more functions while remaining very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I would say that there are only very minimal glitches that I could think of, nothing major and all usually looked into and repaired really quickly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, and you will immediately see the business benefits of this ATS

Time to hire has improved drastically, we were able to roll out the platform to multiple locations with minimum effort.

SmartRecruiters review by Administrator

"It could be way better and there are a lot of things that need further development"

What do you like best?

The system is better than what we had before. The system visuals are ok too.

What do you dislike?

The Lead category is an absolute mess especially because I'm in an organization with multiple different locations. It makes responding to candidates so much more time consuming than our previous system. Navigation could be a little simpler as well. Also if you want to purchase advertisement through SmartRecruiters it's significantly pricier than if you would just buy the advertisements straight from the service provider. I understand that there might be some kind of fees for using SmartRecruiters to buy ads but it kind of makes you think when LinkedIn ads might be 300 dollars more expensive on SR...

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might be good for a smaller business right now as a first recruitment tool but for bigger businesses I would definitely not recommend the system in it's current state.

None as of yet because the system does not really correspond with what we would want and need. We have been looking into possibilities to get a new system into use.

SmartRecruiters review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Ok if you are a very small company - does not work as you scale though "

What do you like best?

It is simple. I would say overall it is easy to use, especially for people outside the recruiting team. It is easy for employees to review candidates and enter reviews.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is terrible. There is no way to get true funnel data out of the product. They have attempted a new "Report Builder" feature but it is very limited in what data you can pull and it spits it out into an unorganized and unformatted Excel sheet.

Any messages you send through it go to people from a smart recruiters email address that often goes to spam, resulting in having to reach out to candidates multiple times. They have no option to turn this off and have messaged go through your own email address.

You cannot delete candidate reviews or comment on reviews. I had an issue where a manager put salary expectations in aa comment of a review, which made it visible to everyone on the hiring team. There was no way to delete or edit the comment. When reaching out to support it turns out their engineering team couldn't even do it. The only way to make it go away was to delete the candidate whole profile which deleted all the notes and reviews we had on the candidate.

If I am being honest Smart Recruiters creates more problems on our recruiting team than it solves. It is better than having no recruiting application at all, but I would definitely suggest of ATS for larger companies, or if you plan to grow above 50 employees in the future.

SmartRecruiters review by Quiesar R.
Quiesar R.

"Awesome experience with SmartRecruiter since 4+ Years"

What do you like best?

The ability to share posted requirements over the different job boards in one go. The platform is so good with no cost, that really amazing.

What do you dislike?

The platform is so good, they provide free job posting up to 10. this could only be the negative, but no complaints so ever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best choice if you are looking for free jobs posting.

it reduces sourcing time by providing the right candidate. They are providing Free ATS that's awesome to keep track of our application.

SmartRecruiters review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Wonderful resource"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, aggregate and review! Best bang for the buck (that would be the free platform) for us. We've hired through SmartRecruiters which makes our cost per hire decrease, Time to fill decrease and with the job aggregation, we cast a broader net because of SmartRecruiters. For a not-for-profit, those cost and efficiency factors are HUGE!!!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a lag in updating info. We aren't always on top of showing where candidate are in the process, but we will get an email that candidates have applied, but it doesn't show on the overall dash, but when you click into it, you can see the candidates. This is a bit frustrating.

We are growing very quickly and SmartRecruiters provides us a great, easy to use, free platform to assist. We've had some good candidate leads, reduced our time and cost per hire.

SmartRecruiters review by Alejandro A.
Alejandro A.

"Great tool to process many candidates at one time. Highly recommended for teams working on same camp"

What do you like best?

The best part of this tool is that everything is in one place. You have sights that you are connected to post your openings and ads. The free websites, test sites and others.

What do you dislike?

will like to see more pages that are local to my country in the tool. Pages that we use more in Panama

Recommendations to others considering the product

reat tool and Easy to use in a fast pace environment . Where you don’t have time to do all the different task separately (marketing, tracking,etc…). Saves you tons of time and money.

Faster time to fill. ATS easier to find candidates.

SmartRecruiters review by User

"Easy to Use and Helpful Recruiting Tool"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and keeps everything organized and in one place. I am no longer digging in my email for resumes 5 minutes before an interview. I also like that the feedback can be viewed by the whole recruiting team, and not buried in email.

What do you dislike?

The product is quite complex so it can take quite a few clicks to navigate where you need to be to leave feedback and progress the candidates. It could serve to be more simplified or have more user roles/permissions so not all features are shown if they are not needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend SmartRecruiters to other hiring teams.

SmartRecruiters has decreased the amount of email going around when interviewing candidates. It has streamlined the process and I would expect accelerated the decision making process. I enjoy using it and think my colleagues do as well.

SmartRecruiters review by Karen N.
Karen N.

"SmartRecruiters is user-friendly and is a very efficient Recruitment tool. I love using it."

What do you like best?

SmartRecruiters is user-friendly and is a very efficient Recruitment tool. I love using it because it helps me track the statuses of the applicants and I can always go back anytime to check the applicants' profiles and online assessment exams. I would highly recommend to my friends and peers.

What do you dislike?

I suggest you to make the dashboard more colorful and with a faster load time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try SmartRecruiters and it's the best!

It has helped me check resumes and profiles. This is very helpful.

SmartRecruiters review by Tom B.
Tom B.

"Comprehensive and collaborative recruiting software service"

What do you like best?

In my time using SmartRecruiters, I've enjoyed the fact that SmartRecruiters is built to be team collaborative at its core. Reviewing and rating candidates and making decisions with the team was a snap! The recruiting automation and various web marketing options are amazing also!

What do you dislike?

SmartRecruiters can be pricey for smaller companies, however, as long as you're watching the value for your money each month (in terms of money saved as opposed to hiring contract or permanent recruiting staff), you'll likely find it an easy win like we did.

Not needing to hire recruiting staff in any form.

SmartRecruiters review by Michelle S.
Michelle S.

"Recruiting Efficiency"

What do you like best?

Smartrecruiters has significantly improved the efficiency of the recruiting department. It's so easy to schedule interviews and send candidates interview invitations. It also makes it significantly easier to manage a team of recruiters. It's highly improved our communication and efficiency in our department.

What do you dislike?

There are some kinks. Sometimes the website will go down temporarily and you'll have trouble access candidate's information. There are some things I wish worked better too, such as the offer approval process that you're able to set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you go through some of the help center to understand how it overall works.

It's significantly improved communication and efficiency. We're able to quickly schedule interviews and don't even need to draft up emails because we have saved templates. That has been one of the most amazing features.

SmartRecruiters review by Jean-Frederic V.
Jean-Frederic V.

"SmartRecruiters has transformed our recruitment process"

What do you like best?

I like that all information is centralized, and can be accessed by multiple persons. It makes the hiring process easier, and makes sure no good candidate falls through the cracks.

What do you dislike?

Filtering candidates is a little cumbersome at the moment. I'd like to be able to display the list of in contention candidates (or any other state) a little easier. It's there, but not as good as I'd like.

We have a better overall view of all candidates and a centralized place to discuss our feedback. We can hire more easily and more confidently.

SmartRecruiters review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"We just started using but so far its great!"

What do you like best?

So my company just switched over to SmartRecruiters from Jobvite and so far we are loving it! I really like the greater sense of transparency for all involved. As a person who helps interview clients, I have been frustrated with not knowing where the people I interviewed are in the process. Also if I am applying within my organization, I enjoy the fact that I can more easily show that I am employed.

What do you dislike?

We have not been using the software long enough to have any frustrations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So far we are really enjoying it. If you value transparency to staff interviewers and greater candidate advocacy, please switch~

We have not been enjoying Jobvite for many reasons, namely that there is a lack of transparency in the process for all involved. I am excited to be using a better tool.

SmartRecruiters review by Cassandra L.
Cassandra L.

"Great ATS option/alternative"

What do you like best?

The option to use SmartRecruiters to post to over 100 different aggregators for free is a huge opportunity. We use a paid version that gives us more options and analytics, but as we grow and look at other ATS/integration systems, it's hard to imagine not still taking advantage of SR!

What do you dislike?

It's not as simple to build and manage a talent pipeline with SR as it is some other ATS systems. There are a lot of things it can do, but some of the tasks are a little convoluted and while the interface is much cleaner than some I've used, it's not as user friendly without a lot of extra "clicks." It's also hard to add referral candidates without adding every employee (even non-hiring managers) into SR, so some analytics are skewed when we add referrals because they are coded differently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Compared to other job boards we've used before utilizing SR, the response rate to our postings on SR is astronomical. There are still always going to be some candidates that don't match the requirements (I have a hard time believing any system will alleviate that), but the majority are stronger fits for our roles than what we'd typically see from other paid job boards.

SmartRecruiters review by Hailee S.
Hailee S.

"Recruiting and Hiring Made Easy!"

What do you like best?

The interface is so simple and the website is very intuitive. As a person who's never had experience using any sort of ATS before, SmartRecruiters was very easy to pick up on and has simplified the interviewing/hiring process for me ten-fold.

What do you dislike?

There's only a couple of things about SmartRecruiters that I wish were different. 1. sometimes our screening questions get scrambled on a candidates profile, which can be a little confusing. But still this isn't a serious issue. Lastly, I don't know exactly what bothers me, but I wish it was a little more efficient to switch between different job postings. Maybe like a drop down bar or something at the top of the screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SmartRecruiters has made my job as an HR Coordinator 100% easier. This software is simple, intuitive, but extremely cost-effective. Our recruiting department now manages applicants with ease. I would definitely recommend SmartRecruiters to anyone who is interested in an efficient product that will help make the interviewing/hiring process more than manageable.

Our HR and Recruiting department is still pretty new, so we still are trying to finalize the interviewing/hiring process. For about two months we were using google sheet to manage everything. But once we started using SmartRecruiters, our process was significantly improved. We can now manage our applicants with ease and it has made my job so much easier. SmartRecruiters was a big influence in making our process more efficent and simple.

SmartRecruiters review by Simon D.
Simon D.

"The best ATS I've used!"

What do you like best?

The possibility to manage and customize my recruitment my hiring process. I can follow all my applicants so easily. Smartrecruiters is also a very friendly user application it is so natural to use it. I also love the multilingual job description. The administrative set up are also really easy to manage. They are very good at improving the performance of the system, every month there is very good new features.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to modify the screening questions I've create so I will not have to many of them. I think we could be able to correct and change the screening and save it without creating a new criteria in the hiring process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Develop the Quebec, there is more advertising website that could work with Smartrecruiters so I would get more visibility. This is the main reason why I still use Jobillico.

My recruitment is so fast and easy now! I am no longer loosing candidats because of the time I need to manage the hiring process. It is so easy to share the informations with the managers, I also love the integration with outlook, I can easily manage my schedule and send appointment to the managers.

SmartRecruiters review by Melissa C. C.
Melissa C. C.

"Great tool for recruiting"

What do you like best?

I like the UI it is very easy to use and easy to see everything that i need to do quickly.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could do more with a candidate pool at once instead of having to click on one individual when I want to do an action that is custom to my company and process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Besides the tool being awesome and getting better everyday, they actually listen to our suggestions through uservoice and make changes and implement new resources. the customer success team is really vested in your experience, and support is great!

Also, going to the user conference was super helpful to meet the SR team, and it is a really genuine group of people that you are excited to do business with.

I like that it is easy for everyone in my company to use, easy to train on as well.

I also really like the marketplace aspect so I can work just out of smartrecruiters for all of my hiring needs.

I also always receive timely help if I ever need to contact support of my customer success manager, John Hopper.

SmartRecruiters review by Matt D.
Matt D.

"Great platform, but some issues"

What do you like best?

SmartRecruiters does a great job at streamlining many of the processes that are time consuming when hiring individuals from tracking resumes to gathering internal feedback on candidates.

What do you dislike?

There are many basic features that are missing from what I would expect in the platform, e.g. there is no way to easily gather letters of recommendation. You have to manage that whole piece yourself and then drop in those letters. Seems like it would be easy to have a letter of reference template that sends an email to a third party and then captures the reply for you automatically.

Also, recently we have seen a dramatic decrease in the number of candidates coming into the pipeline. It almost seems as if they stopped posting to some job boards or something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great platform that will take care of the majority of your needs.

Minimize the time it takes to get a candidate through the hiring process.

SmartRecruiters review by Bruce M.
Bruce M.

"Common-sense platform that helps us get work done"

What do you like best?

SmartRecruiters obviously took sort of a minimalist approach to designing their platform. Other ATSs have tons of fields and arcane reports, which might be good or even necessary for some really large organizations. But at our size ($25M), we needed a system that made it very easy to accelerate some repeatable processes, share information about candidates, and create visibility into the status of our candidate pipeline. SmartRecruiters does all of that. The interface is modern and intuitive, and the mobile app enables us to do just about everything we would need to do when away from our desks -- again, to keep our hiring processes running quickly and smoothly.

What do you dislike?

SmartRecruiters is not as "old" as some other systems on the market, so they're still adding some of the "finesse" features. And on the administrative backend, there is just a little bit of inconsistency in navigation that they'll likely clean up soon, but not enough to prevent you from doing what you need to do. The things I don't like pale in comparison to what I do like. SmartRecruiters is very Agile and responsive in addressing customer feature requests.

We needed to accelerate action on candidates to reduce our time to hire and reduce the number of lost hires. We no longer feel that our ATS is a hindrance in these objectives. Both metrics have improved since we adopted SmartRecruiters a year ago.

SmartRecruiters review by User in Internet

"Great tool for recruiting and keeping track of interviews"

What do you like best?

All of the candidates that come through the portal are easily compared to each other AND the reviews of other managers on candidates are easily averaged into one place. All the details I need to make an overall assessment of candidates is easy to complete on SmartRecruiters

What do you dislike?

There is not much I don't like. I think searching for older candidates is hard to do and wish I had a way of seeing when a candidate has applied twice. Not sure if this is more my shortfalls or the products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a portal to keep track of all your hiring process and communications, SmartRecruiter is perfect. Searching tool allows you to find jobs, people, stages, etc.

I used to go through the interviewing process with manila folders and spread sheets. Now all of the communications are in one place and it is easy to see what others thought of potential hires.

SmartRecruiters review by Ken G.
Ken G.

"Recruit Smarter"

What do you like best?

I appreciate all the thought behind each of the implemented features. Each release has added appreciable value to my experience as a recruiter and most importantly, new features don't break older ones.

What do you dislike?

A huge need for my org are more internal recruiting features (internal only posts, improved referral tracking, etc). I know this is being worked on and I'm excited for future releases addressing these issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SR is a fantastic value and will only increase as time goes on. They have a very clear vision of where TA is headed and are poised to help lead the tech side of that future so you can focus on growing your business.

A big one for us in comparison to our previous ATS is a much improved candidate experience. We are consistently getting high marks for ease of use on our job application survey we push out to candidates.

SmartRecruiters review by Consultant

"Great Experience!"

What do you like best?

Since I use Smartrecruiters, my recruiting process became more dynamic and agile. It's very easy for me to track candidates and keep information from past interviews and customer reviews.

What do you dislike?

Maybe that in Argentina it's not merged with job platforms like Bumeran or Zonajobs. On the other hand, there are many candidates attributes that don't apply to our region.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Smartrecruiters will help you to turn your process reliable, decrease common mistakes and improve communication with customers (through reports) and candidates (you can make them know if they were rejected and why, if the process was delayed or cancelled, etc)

Track recruiting process information

Centralize data and information

Improve communication with candidates

Obtain customer reports

SmartRecruiters review by Eléonore C.
Eléonore C.

"Very complete, intuitive and easy ATS"

What do you like best?

It is very intuitive to use. I like the scorecard and how easy it is to configure.

The support team is very reactive and efficient.

SmartRecruiters is a very complete tool which really suits our needs.

I have got positive feedback from the team members and the hiring managers as well.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more information about the online trainings and webinars that might be interesting to me.

There are several very interesting trainings and events that take place in SF, would it be possible to schedule at least one event per year in Europe (Paris for example)?

I have a better talent pool. I am able to follow much better the pipeline of candidates.

I can easily track and identify the best candidates' sources.

Given that the solution is so simple to use, the interviewers are keener to write their reviews.

SmartRecruiters review by Milène M.
Milène M.

"Easy to use and efficient : the proper tool to digitalize the recruitment processes"

What do you like best?

SmartRecruiters is very intuitive and user-friendly tool. The dashboards are clear and go straight to the point. The scorecard features also make the difference.

The SmartRecruiters app also makes the difference for managers adoption.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I don't like apart from the roles and rights options are a limited and impossible to customize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SmartRecruiters is the perfect portal to involve each stakeholder in the recruitment process.

This is a demo worthy tool that you should really consider during your vendor selection process.

All in one place for all hiring stakeholders: streamlined process. The directors can access all metrics related to recruitment in the dashboards.

SmartRecruiters review by Myron Glenn F.
Myron Glenn F.

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

What our team likes best about SmartRecruiters is that its easy to use. It satisfies all our recruitment needs plus being able to integrate it to our website is big deal.

What do you dislike?

It just needs more feature, but all in all it's a pretty good tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll be surprised with that this software can do for your team and your company as a whole. Try it and you'll see the difference.

It helped with our recruitment process. In the BPO industry keeping track of the applicant's progress in the process is an important matter and SmartRecruiters definitely helped us with that. Smart Recruiter works as a database of applicants, all the hardcopy resumes as well as softcopy resumes were uploaded in SmartRecruiters with ease, and with that our candidate pool is well categorized and all we need to do is process.

SmartRecruiters review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Good interface, unique approaching to connecting recruiters to hiring managers, limited reach"

What do you like best?

SmartRecruiters UI has always been appealing, and easy to use. Their job postings function, candidate screening tools and overall layout of the dashboards receive an A. Although we have not needed to use the service that allows Recruiters to be connected with Hiring Managers, that service, coupled along with an ATS, is a unique identifier for SmartRecruiters.

What do you dislike?

Their reach seems limited. We typically do not get as many candidates via SmartRecruiters, as compared to other job boards. Pricing structure not as competitive as other job boards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use all of the functionalities, and track candidate application flow as compared to other job boards.

We tend to receive quality resumes, but not a lot of quantity. The main benefit would be receiving candidate resumes that actually match what we are looking for.

"Easy To Use Tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, easy to quickly learn and navigate.

What do you dislike?

The search feature. It is not 100% compatible with Boolean strings, plus once the search results are posted, it is not clear why the profiles were selected - the information we are initially looking for is not easy to find. Not the best tracking features to share current individual candidate status with managers (i.e. having to go into each individual profile to get the information vs having brief info on the candidate pipeline page).

Easy for everyone to use, easy to post jobs and make offers. Also ease of use for the candidate, creating a positive candidate experience.

SmartRecruiters review by Lesa E.
Lesa E.

"Great Potential"

What do you like best?

The UI is very nice, as is the flexibility in the system for creating/adding jobs and candidates. Social job sharing, and the marketplace are also excellent.

What do you dislike?

Privacy setting options; I've already addressed this dislike with one of the folks from the product team, but here's a summary:

When we upload additional documents to a candidate profile, they are automatically viewable by users with all levels of permissions. This includes job applications submitted via Docusign, immigration documents, letters of recommendation, etc., which are all required to be private in order to be compliant with labor laws relating to confidentiality.

Business problems:

lack of ATS - benefit realized

lack of reporting - benefit tbd

lack of transparency in the recruiting process - benefit realized

inefficient process for job posting, link sharing, and tracking - benefits realized

SmartRecruiters review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Keeps everything in one streamlined solution"

What do you like best?

It's easy to keep everyone involved updated on the progress of all the current or past jobs and candidates in our company pool. We can easily assign additional managers of the job to keep them in the loop of the job ad progress. Also,

What do you dislike?

The filters can be clunky when searching, but as long as you know which filters work best you can normally find what you need.

We needed a solution that was able to manage all the job ads we had in our pipeline as well as help posting them to job sites. This tool has really made the process so much easier, with built in templates and communication between applicants inside the portal it's easy to stay up to date on job statuses.

SmartRecruiters review by User

"One of the greatest ATS in the market"

What do you like best?

I like the best that you can use Smartrecruiters as a very simple but good working ATS or you can book all extras and convert your family car into a Porsche.

The marketplace is very good and has broad coverage of different products.

Also, the flexibility of the smartrecruiters team when you need to integrate your own business partners into your plattform. Always good to talk to them

What do you dislike?

I would love to connect my emails coming from outlook to candidates profiles as for example we'rent able to send zip-files through their messaging tool.

We can speed up our recruitment process and reduce our TTH as we integrate many assessments directly into our recruitment process and we can parallel communicate with the hiring teams and show them the results of those without handling with many different tools

SmartRecruiters review by Stephanie O.
Stephanie O.

"SmartRecruiter User"

What do you like best?

It's very user-friendly. For my managers who don't use the system regularly, it is easy for them to remember the necessary features they are responsible for.

What do you dislike?

While the analytics is getting better, there are still a number of things we can't do - and it always seems like I get the same response -- "it's coming down the line". As a government contractor, it took the support team almost 3 months to produce a report for me on the disability and veteran data provided during the application process, not very effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient has there does seem to be a good effort toward implementing improvements suggested by users.

We are able to track more data now than we had before doing our tracking manually.

SmartRecruiters review by Lindsey M.
Lindsey M.

"A great way to streamline the hiring process"

What do you like best?

I love that SmartRecruiters is intuitive and easy to use. The training is simple and doesn't require anything more than a quick walk through of the product for hiring managers. It has truly helped streamline our whole process with one point to aggregate all of our applications. It allows hiring teams to be collaborative and it allows us to create a pipeline of candidates for future positions.

What do you dislike?

Anything that I have disliked about the product I have suggested fixes or additions for and I have been pleasantly surprised at how much SmartRecruiters takes our suggestions to heart and builds them into the platform.

Recruiting is faster, transparent, and more collaborative. We are able to hiring better quality people because of the streamlined screening process.

SmartRecruiters review by User

"SmartRecruiters makes the hiring process simpler and more organized "

What do you like best?

I love how SmartRecruiters clearly outlines the work for a hiring manager. It makes it so easy to see what needs to be done and to communicate with my applicants

What do you dislike?

The interface could be a little more intuitive (I often have to hop back up to my Home screen to work down to what I need) and there are some features which I wish I could do at a group level instead of with individual candidates (such as advance them in the process). This may actually be available, but if so, I'm not sure how.

I am hiring 3 different key positions for my team and 2 have had a high number of applicants. It would have been difficult to sort through the applicants without a clear workflow like the one provided in SmartRecruiters.

SmartRecruiters review by Karen P.
Karen P.

"LOVE this ATS!!!"

What do you like best?

I LOVE this product and tell everyone about it. I use this in two of my positions; my contract position and my fulltime position. The mobile app allows me to be available to any of my divisions at any time. I have access to my candidates at all times, regardless of where I'm working. The dashboard allows me to keep track of my job postings at a glance. I love the templates function, and have customized several to reflect our industry. It is a huge time-saver allows us to keep our commitment of acknowledging every applicant.

I have recommended this system to several of my peers, who are now users. If you're struggling to find a solid, effective applicant tracking system, SmartRecruiters is the one you should use!

The entire SmartRecruiters team has been amazing. I strongly recommend attending one of their webinars to best understand the functionality and versatility of this ATS. Great value and services. Thanks again!

What do you dislike?

While I appreciate the fact that the support team is very responsive, it would be nice to have access to a phone number and actually speak with someone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This ATS is a virtual HR office. It allows you to customize your screening questions. One of my favorite features is the fact that an applicant can apply by simply uploading their resume or social media profile. While it's not a complete application, the candidate isn't turned off by spending 20 minutes filling out an application. This way, I have the opportunity to screen the candidate, and if we're interested in pursing them, I can explain the application process and help them stay motivated and invested.

The other feature I especially love is how easy it is to use the 'link' provided to each job posting. I can upload that to my company's website and advertise each position there as well. I also take advantage of the social media links to post our openings on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.

The utilization of SmartRecruiters has allowed the hiring process to become streamlined and efficient. We have been able to eliminate one secretarial position using this ATS, because it has reduced the need for filing, shuffling paperwork, etc.

Learn more about SmartRecruiters

SmartRecruiters Videos

Learning about SmartRecruiters?

* We monitor all SmartRecruiters reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.