Smartsheet

Smartsheet is an intuitive online project management and collaboration tool. It has a familiar spreadsheet-like interface, coupled with file sharing & workflow.

Work for Smartsheet?

Learning about Smartsheet?

Smartsheet Reviews

Ask Smartsheet a Question
Showing 768 Smartsheet reviews
Smartsheet review by <span>Jeff N.</span>
Jeff N.

Excel on steroids. However, Smartsheet has turned into Slowsheet.

What do you like best?

End-user development. This is an online spreadsheet, a 21st Century version of Excel on steroids. As a spreadsheet it allows very flexible form & function, the most flexible I've ever seen in an app. I'm also impressed by how well this company executes its vision. It's solid. I've only needed tech support once and I got a reply within 3 hours.

What do you dislike?

Slowest app to load, sometimes takes several reloads for app to become available. Slower than any other app I use. Downtime for maintenance. Have to log back in after maintenance. Adertisement banners appearing across top of page more and more. Can't merge cells. Did I mention it's s-l-o-o-o-o-w?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Airtable as well.

Many. Smartsheet is a smart online spreadsheet, so I use it anywhere I need to create custom tables, lists, or spreadsheets.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Smartsheet
Smartsheet review by <span>Alicia V.</span>
Alicia V.

If you use shared spreadsheets in your company, you need SmartSheet

What do you like best?

I looove that multiple people can be in a spreadsheet at the same time, updating their respective pieces, without having to save and close every time someone else needs to access it. Plus, if you're in it at the same time as someone else and they update it, it notifies you so that you can refresh and see what's new!

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike about it, yet. It's easy to use, intuitive, user-friendly, and an excellent tool for our business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company uses spreadsheets for anything, I highly recommend SmartSheet. It's collaborative, real-time functionality is a must for any business!

My company is global, so SmartSheet allows team members all across the world to utilize the same data. It's a great tool, especially, for tracking workflow steps that many people are involved in. We can get on a conference call and review the status of things while anyone can simultaneously be updating it as we talk.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Smartsheet review by <span>Bill H.</span>
Bill H.

Ultra User Friendly

What do you like best?

Ultra user friendly - very quick to set up new solutions and on-board new users - any one can use it. Collect data via simple webforms in a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, its 100% fit for purpose. Would be nice if there was the option to link sheets as relational databases. Like most software vendors they quietly move features up the subscription ladder, but its basically good value.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go - a ten sheet subscription is not expensive and you upgrade or downgrade any time.

Smartsheet is an ultra user friendly tool to plug gaps in existing software and processes. Even if you intend to fix those gaps its so quick to set up and on-board new users that it makes an excellent interim solution. As permanent solutions we have a company diary on smartsheet, use it for KPI tracking and for project to-do lists. Using it as a personal to-do list with the mobile app is v good.

Smartsheet review by <span>John B.</span>
John B.

Smartsheet boasts our productivity

What do you like best?

We like how easy it is to share documents with our team and the ability to access the information from any device (laptop, phone, tablet) and from anywhere. Excel and Project files import seamlessly and are simple to use.

What do you dislike?

The ability to format documents isn't quite where we'd like it to be. It has good aspects, such as conditional formatting, etc., but some of the more advanced formatting and the ability to filter around these is lacking. Graphing is not where it should be either. Also, we like Excel's format of multiple tabs in a workbook. There is probably similar functionality in Smartsheet using workspaces, etc. - need to look into that more!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and reap the benefits of collaboration - take some of the training though. There is a lot of functionality built in and it isn't always obvious!

Project tracking is great - easy to set up and use. It doesn't have the industrial strength of MS Project but, in some ways that is the advantage. It is intuitive to use and easy to navigate. We track consulting projects, internal projects, and client deliverables - really saves us a lot of time.

Smartsheet review by <span>Chase M.</span>
Chase M.

Smartsheet is a competent resource that can be used by large and small businesses alike

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ease in collaboration. We work on several large construction projects and the collaboration aspect has helped our productivity. There are many different file formats that can be added to "Workspace" which is helpful when sharing with multiple departments. They seem to constantly be updating the software with new features which is encouraging to us.

What do you dislike?

Licenses are too expensive for the product. We also utilize a Corporate Google Drive with unlimited storage. To me, collaborating on the Google drive are more functional due the vast array of apps. For our company's purposes, it seems to me that this product could easily be replaced by a cheaper productivity software (via the Google apps store).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is simple and easy to use. It does have limitations on what it can do and can be irritating when a large number of individuals are contributing the same document. We are comparing this software to Google that updates in real time with multiple users contributing to the same document. This would be a very helpful feature to add to this product.

We are a charter school district with 74 campuses. We have several large projects occurring at the same time. Smartsheet is largely what our construction and real estate teams utilize as a productivity software. We have been using the software for 2 years and the departments that currently use Smartsheet on a daily basis are happy with the results.

Smartsheet review by <span>Delores A.</span>
Delores A.

Excellent Project Management Tool

What do you like best?

The best thing about Smartsheet is how easy it is to share single sheets. In my line of work, I often have a need to share single spreadsheets with stakeholders, and with Smartsheet it is so simple. While other applications offer simply sharing options, they don't include all of the functionality of Smartsheet, and this is what sets it apart. Also, I really appreciate the card view in Smartsheet. In the past, I used Trello pretty exclusively, and when I switched to Smartsheet then there was nothing like that. The card view is great for projects where we use Agile.

What do you dislike?

The main problem with Smartsheet is that there is no real-time data sync. If you want to save something, you need to physically click Save. In the past, this has cost me several hours worth of work, as I did not click Save before exiting the sheet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would take some time to get to know all of the features of Smartsheet. There is definitely a learning curve, and I don't believe that all of the videos and other online resources really give you the full picture. If you have the opportunity to enroll in some formal Smartsheet training, you should take that opportunity.

We are using Smartsheet to organize and track the time we spend on development projects. In the past, we have struggled to answer questions about how long our products take to develop, and organizing our work in Smartsheet is giving us a clearer understanding of how long things take. Plus, we always know where we stand with projects, and so do our supervisors.

Learn more about Smartsheet

Smartsheet Videos

Learning about Smartsheet?

* We monitor all Smartsheet reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.