Smokeball

Software for small law firms. When it's time to get serious about your law business, it's time for Smokeball.

Work for Smokeball?

Learning about Smokeball?

Smokeball Reviews

Ask Smokeball a Question
Showing 10 Smokeball reviews
Smokeball review by <span>Andy T.</span>
Andy T.

"Great Product with Great Customer Support"

What do you like best?

There customer support and tech support are top-notch. In fact, our Smokeball account manager was in town recently for another event and came by our office to do a training for our firm. We are a small firm, and that level of personal attention was very appreciated.

In addition to the customer support, we have been very pleased with the product overall. We have several lawyers who practice in several different practice areas, and in our research, we found Smokeball to be the product that was most adept at handling multiple practice areas. We've been very pleased with the product.

We also like that the product is very intuitive. We looked at other programs that seemed like they'd be more powerful. Maybe they were, and maybe they weren't, but either way, they would've been impossible to figure out. (And that's coming from someone who was a computer programmer before I was a lawyer.) Smokeball makes it super-easy to file emails, for example. It's really difficult to overstate how easy Smokeball is to use.

What do you dislike?

There have been glitches here and there, but when this happens, Smokeball is very good at: (1) developing a temporary workaround; and (2) correcting the glitch in the next update (which happens frequently).

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can look at other programs, but make sure the other programs are going to be easy enough to use for you *and* your staff. Otherwise, the program can be as powerful as it can be, but it won't do you any good.

Smokeball has helped us tremendously as we have grown our practice. Oce of the key benefits has been automation. Where we previously would have to think of the last time we had drafted a particular document to use as a form, now they are stored in the forms folder, and once we click, most (if not all) of the client data is already in the form. This has made us tremendously more efficient.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Smokeball
Smokeball review by <span>Lori A.</span>
Lori A.

"Worth Every Penny!"

What do you like best?

We have tried several other well known software programs, the customer support at Smokeball exceeded all of our expectations. It is leaps and bounds above its competitors. When it comes to transitioning to new software, customer service is paramount. Smokeball's excellent customer service extended past onboarding and continues to shine when we encounter any issues or have requests for things to implement into the software. If you call customer service you always talk with an actual person who tries to resolve any issues you have and who never simply refers you to their website to watch a video on how to resolve the issue on your own. Our account manager is always quick to respond to telephone calls and emails and is constantly checking in to see if there is anything Smokeball can do to make their software work better for us and our firm...and they actually implement suggestions!

What do you dislike?

I'm actually hard pressed to think of what I don't like about Smokeball. The price is high; however, we've tried cheaper software and find that Smokeball is worth it. I don't know that this would be the best software for very large firms. I think it lends itself better to midsize-small law firms.

We love having all of the client information, documents, notes, and emails in one central location that can be viewed by anyone in the firm at any time. Workflow systems are instrumental in making sure that all aspects of a client matter are being addressed. The document templates are a huge time-saver. Our office is definitely more streamlined and efficient now.

What Legal Case Management solution do you use?

Smokeball review by <span>Pam J.</span>
Pam J.

"Our firm looked at many software programs - Smokeball has them all beat!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for the software, the support, the Account Management and the prompt response you receive when you need assistance. The document management aspect is awesome! Creating documents, the templates available, copying files between matters, tracking emails per matter, etc. Our Account Manager, Josh Taylor, has made a couple of trips to Arkansas to train and work with our team personally and has set our minds at ease on several occasions. He and everyone that we've had contact with at Smokeball are very friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and the part I like most, they take the time to speak with you like a normal person!! They never make you feel awkward or "dumb", no matter what you ask!

What do you dislike?

1) Before we switched to Smokeball, we could "preview" our documents, now we have to actually open them. 2) When documents are uploaded to a matter by another user, there's no notification system to let you know something has been uploaded. You just have to "happen upon it". 3) We would like to add a document to be "standard" in every matter created, but that's not an option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Smokeball has made our "work lives" so much easier!! We highly suggest signing up with them, you will not regret it!

Definitely more efficiency, organization and streamlined.

Smokeball review by <span>Sandy F.</span>
Sandy F.

"Our Small Firm is Finally Organized"

What do you like best?

The company itself - from the Account Mangers to the Product Managers, Trainers and Software Support they're outstanding. Not only do they answer any silly question I may have, but they've taken the time to call and meet us. Our trainer, Sara Sultan and account manager, Josh Taylor, really stand out in my book. I also really like the document management aspect. The ease in which I can create documents (forms & templates); copy/move/duplicate files to other matters; attaching emails and documents to tasks.

What do you dislike?

-I don't like that I have to open up a document to see the contents. A preview pane would be helpful.

- I can't tell when another user is in the same document I'm in.

- Too many non-identified options - I have to click too many info tabs to find what I'm looking for

- Contacts - not very user friendly

- Saving PDFs from another source has to be saved to desktop before I can put into SB - it's a pain

- Can't attach a document from two different matters to one email (that is assigned to only one of the documents) - Did that make sense?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump on the SB train. You'll be happy you did.

We more efficient and organized.

Smokeball review by <span>Brynn H.</span>
Brynn H.

"Best Law Firm Practice Management Software"

What do you like best?

Smokeball keeps our firm well organized. We love that emails and documents can be saved to a matter, are easily accessible and in one central location. The software is easy to navigate and input information into matters. The Account Management team is by far the best we have ever worked with and are very responsive and super helpful with any questions that might arise. Smokeball offers training at start up and when they have new changes and updates to make sure you are comfortable using the software.

What do you dislike?

We would like to be able to save emails to matters while using cellphones and/or iPads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best money you will pay to keep your firm organized!!

Smokeball helps with document automation for forms that we use all the time. Everything is easy to access and saves so much time.

Smokeball review by User

"Beautiful, intuitive, easy-to-use software with awesome personal attention from Smokeball staff "

What do you like best?

The customer service is just wonderful, except I don't think about it as "customer service" because that sounds so clinical. Josh, my "account rep," was more like a friend I met who happened to help me with Smokeball new features and any questions I had. That's how close I became with the Smokeball staff as I started my practice and signed up with Smokeball. From the time I opened my account to now, I talked to him several times a month via email or telephone. He always got back to me ASAP when I had a question or concern and his follow-up was superb. I schedule free help sessions occasionally to make the system work better for me. But, I honestly loved the software from day one. I like that Smokeball staff members let me know about new features so I never missed out on new ways the software can help me.

I like the matter set-ups features for different case types, document automation, visual AI tracking (so I can eyeball what I am spending the most time on from day to day.) The auto-time tracking is seriously great for helping me bill in cases where I miss bill opportunities for my hourly cases. The email saving is great too. I also like the ability to scan a document directly into the file. For filing, there is also a publish option, so I can e-file a document directly from my Smokeball matter to the online state or federal court filing system I am using. Other great features too, like workflows, tasks, and reports are things I want to use more in the future.

What do you dislike?

I think the price is the only downside. It's a little high, but Smokeball offers features,(like my FREE website design) that make the software well worth it. After the site was designed by Smokeball, they even helped me learn Weebly so I can make updates in seconds whenever I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you use the staff and overload the staff with information about your practice. The more the staff new about my firm, the more they helped me. Can't say enough good things about how Smokeball helped me start my practice and continues to help me stay organized and meet my business goals.

Before I started my own firm, I worked at an insurance defense firm that worked without a software (crazy, I know). Attorneys there just saved things however they wanted and every file looked different. Smokeball has so many automation features that enable users to make legal process work like an assembly line. I used the ABA handout on case management software before choosing Smokeball after did demos with eight other companies. Smokeball, to me, made the most sense because I was in so many different areas of law at first, and I was drawn to the Smokeball hand-holding in matter configuration that told me what data I needed per matter type. It helps me stay organized. I can access my files on my phone, laptop, office desktop, or whatever computer on which I'm working.

Learning about Smokeball?

* We monitor all Smokeball reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.