1) Account Management - We were assigned a personal support account manager from the start who helped us get established, provided training and is one stop shopping for all our questions. He even hosted me during a recent visit to Chicago. We've been working with him for more than 18 months no and he is terrific: responsive, intelligent and knows how to marshal the internal Smokeball resources when needed.
2) Document Management / Email integration - We demoed all the top Practice Management Systems in detail and Smokeball was the best in these categories. All documents are stored in the secure Smokeball cloud and organizing, searching and maintaining these documents is a breeze. Thanks to the tight integrtion with Outlook, Word and Nuance (PDF), all documents can easily be manipulated and get tagged so they are associated with the correct matter.
3) Automated Forms - Another strong trait of Smokeball. Creating and using templates for letters, memos, etc helps avoid the tedious task of creating a letter from scratch. These are automated based on existing matter or client details and can be automated to "ask" questions to fill in the blanks at creation time within a matter.
4) Integrated Billing system - Smokeball Billing (previously called "Boost") has come a long way in 18 months and provides 99% of the functionality to do invoicing and manage Trust Accounts. Reports are available for generating for the client (i.e. Matter Account Ledgers) or internally (i.e. Aging Reports).
5) Unlimited document storage in the Smokeball cloud (I hope this continues)
1) Occasionally the document list refresh can be a bit quirky due (most likely) to time lags
2) The forms template creation works great but is so powerful that it is sometimes a little overwhelming but our account manager
3) Cost - Smokeball is one of the higher cost solutions
1) Efficiency - we save hours of time using pre-formatted forms
2) Organization -Thanks to tight email integration,all our emails are organized and stored by matter for subsequent searching and package production
3) Compliance - Invoicing and accounting functionality is strong so we can feel confident that we are meeting all the IOLTA and record-keeping requirements for or State Bar