SmugMug

News, tips, and Hero support, straight from SmugMug HQ.

Work for SmugMug?

Learning about SmugMug?

Compare SmugMug to Similar Solutions

SmugMug Reviews

Showing 16 SmugMug reviews
SmugMug review by <span>Brittany C.</span>
Brittany C.

Smug Mug! So easy to use! My favorite.

What do you like best?

I love the search option for smug mug helps me to find all the pictures quickly that I need.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes me into the album and I would rather just go back to my main search instead of the album itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So easy to use, great customer support. Multiple users and such great organization as a company. I love the ability to organize all of our photos in one place and keep them there for all the users to easily access. I also love the ability to search photos and find things for our marketing team and share them with everyone. You can store high-resolution files and store them all there, organized by albums.

We can access all the photos at once as an entire company.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SmugMug
SmugMug review by <span>Chris A.</span>
Chris A.

SmugMug Makes It Easy

What do you like best?

SmugMug was an easy choice to house my images online. They easily streamline a beautiful website/gallery with a sales component for my customers. Customer support with this group is top notch, and the few problems that I run across on a yearly basis are quickly resolved.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. I have not researched how often they change their website templates, but I would want to see that their web designs keep up with changes in the Internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other sites are expensive and don't give you anywhere near the level of customization as SmugMug

I needed a place to sell my images and started using SmugMug. I quickly realized that I could save money moving my website from being hosted on GoDaddy to being hosted through SmugMug and kill two birds with one stone.

What Photo Management solution do you use?

SmugMug review by <span>Kiel M.</span>
Kiel M.

One of the best options for an avid photographer

What do you like best?

The unlimited high-res photo storage is hard to beat overall. Many photo storage options charge by size limits, but Smugmug offers unlimited (at least for the tier I use). I like the customizable themes and colors. The price adjustments and variety of product offerings is also nice.

What do you dislike?

I would like more themes, as the pre-made ones are not always the best. While I like the service, support, and options overall, the price is a little high for me as an amateur photographer.

Would be an unbelievably stellar service if I could store RAW files, in addition to JPG/movie files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The service is hard to beat with it's storage options. The only downside is no RAW file storage. The themes are easy to customize but the pre-made ones are not always very professional looking. There are only a few other comparable options, and SmugMug fits in with the best of them, depending on your needs and expectations.

Photo storage, photo sales, and an online portfolio.

SmugMug review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

Great for organizing and sharing photos for business purposes

What do you like best?

We recently started using SmugMug and we us it for internal purposes of organizing and storing our photos for marketing purposes. We only share the photos with internal staff.

What do you dislike?

Sometime it is a little slow in the processing of pages and the organizing and moving around of photos. That may be partly because of our network though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program for storing and cataloging photos. We don't use the sharing or purchasing features, but it has worked out great for staff using SmugMug to find photos rather than searching through a network drive.

We are using SmugMug as a centralized storage and cataloging system for marketing photos. This system works out a lot better than using a Windows network folder system. We are able to tag metadata with each photo so staff can use the search function to find photos even faster.

SmugMug review by <span>Jessica F.</span>
Jessica F.

I love Smugmug for my photography business!

What do you like best?

Smugmug is so easy to use. I was able to make a very professional looking website with my own domain name very quickly without needing to know any code! The price is so reasonable and my site is always up and working! As a photographer I LOVE that I get unlimited photo storage! I use Smugmug as my cloud backup!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Smugmug is the lack of features on the galleries. I was using Smugmug for my client proofing galleries for a few years but moved that service to another provider because Smugmug just doesn't have all of the user friendly features that I need, such as no needing to create a folder and then separate galleries for weddings, or having client-friendly features like favorites lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Smugmug definitely to photographers and photographers starting out. When I first started out I was able to use them for everything: Website, Client Galleries, print sales, you name it. Now that my business has grown I have moved my proofing galleries to a new site but still LOVE Smugmug for my website and backing up. It is an easy to use, dependable service at a great price. I have also seen the benefits of their search engine optimization. They make keywording very easy and they work with Google to help your website be seen, which is key!

The biggest problem I have solved with Smugmug is the ability to back up all of my sessions and weddings for a very low monthly cost. That peace of mind is invaluable to me!

SmugMug review by <span>Melissa N.</span>
Melissa N.

Great photo sharing site.

What do you like best?

I really like that I can create my own webpage with smugmug. It is an interesting lay out and they give you a free trial to see if you like it. As a photographer it is essential to find the best sites to showcase the work that you want everyone to see. With Smugmug that is possible. The other great thing about the site is the different pricing plans based on your needs.

What do you dislike?

I think that as with most websites there needs to be a free option when it comes to usage. I know that some sites will are a hit and miss when it comes to photography and having people viewing the work that you do and the possibility of buying said work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any product I would recommend trying out the website to make sure it would work for you before you decide to go into any full plan with the company.

The problems that I am working on solving with my business is getting a bigger viewer base when it comes to my work and selling it stock.

Learning about SmugMug?

* We monitor all SmugMug reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare SmugMug to Similar Solutions