Snagit

Quickly create images and videos to give feedback, solve a problem, or show off something cool.

Work for Snagit?

Learning about Snagit?

Snagit Reviews

Ask Snagit a Question
Showing 2400 Snagit reviews
Snagit review by <span>Amit S.</span>
Amit S.

Best and powerful Screen Recording/Capture Tool

What do you like best?

Snagit is best and powerful screen capture and recording tool with audio recording as well. It has many features like Grab Text, smart move, Text replace in latest version, Magnify, annotate, add animation etc. It has one more great feature to take a full page screenshot with scrolling to bottom of the document/web page.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike for Snagit, once you start using it you will definitely love it and enjoy using the tool. The only matter is a matter of Cost for licence. There should be a basic version available for personal use with limited features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a Snipping tool for your business which is easy to use and provide all such features snagit is best to buy and I am sure it suite all company needs. Nothing more I can say about it rather just enjoying the Snag it.

Snagit is very useful when it comes to a documentation parts for a business. Imagine you are creating a reference guide for any product and you know you will required screenshot of each an every page with multiple annotations. Some times you also required to be create a demo for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for your company product or personal reason, Snagit gives all such functionality which can complete all your need for business purpose. It has been very helpful while you are in meetings and you want to record someone's presentation or need to capture all required screens.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Snagit
Snagit review by <span>Chris M.</span>
Chris M.

Quick and easy to capture screens and elements on your screen

What do you like best?

I like Snag-It's ability to capture screens and just about any element on your screen. Once you have the image captured, Snag-It has a lot of editing features you can use to modify an image, such as blurring personal data shown on the image, drawing tools used to add lines, and so much more.

What do you dislike?

The scrolling capture feature is a good feature, however it's not always easy to make it work properly, however when it works, it's great to have an image that was larger than your screen, and saves the time it would take to capture many images and paste them together to make one image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For what it cost and the features it provides, I would buy it.

I have been using Snag-It for at least 20 years, back in the day when it was free. I use it to capture screens, and blur personal data so I can real-life screens in my documentation. I also use Snag-It's finite ability to capture small icons and other screen elements to use in my documentation.

What Screen and Video Capture solution do you use?

Snagit review by <span>Sarah H.</span>
Sarah H.

Best screenshot app I've ever used

What do you like best?

Snagit has an excellent UI - intuitive, nice to use

A great array of tools and effects, including text detection!

Makes sharing across all my tools incredibly easy.

Love the library and ability to tag and categorize my images for easy access

What do you dislike?

Would like more control over how images are stored and saved - e.g., doing a Save As so I can name the image and upload to my DAM creates a duplicate image to the one in the Snagit library. I'd rather just have the named file which can be referenced by Snagit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Snagit has a diverse feature set - it's much more powerful than tools like Jing, Monosnap, or CloudApp (which I also like) - so if you need something more than those apps but less than photoshop, Snagit is an excellent choice.

Creating a catalog of app screenshots to use in our knowledge base, and for use across our content team (to ensure consistent image size, quality, annotation style, etc). Snagit does high-quality images, with very easy to use editing options. I can also send images and captured videos directly to Camtasia, which we use for creating training and how-to videos for our users.

Snagit review by <span>Anthony V.</span>
Anthony V.

How Snagit helps with Customer Service Operations

What do you like best?

SnagIt integrates well with our company and my team. The fact that you can setup hotkeys makes it feel like the software is everywhere you need it to be.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike,.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you run a CS team where you interact by email, provide training, produce webinars and create videos, then you need to use Snagit. When capturing a picutre, you can add a bunch of modifications to the image. For example, i want a client to look at a screen and be able to know where to go. I can add on the screenshot some arrows, and some number sequences and even add a comment box. I can change the colors of all these items to brand it with our company colors. In a video, i can easily re-watch the video that i took, pause it, esily cut out a part that i no longer want to keep in the video and carry on. The tutorials that they give on new version and small updates and features that you haven't used are really clear and well done.

With the ability to take screenshots with snagit, we can provide them in our emails back to our clients to help improve our documented procedures. Using the video ability along with screencast helps us make quick videos for our clients and saves us from having to phone them. These benefits alone are worth paying for the SnagIt software.

Snagit review by <span>Philippa G.</span>
Philippa G.

Brilliant tool for taking and annotating screenshots, and videos

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can continue taking screenshot after screenshot, without losing what you're working on, by using the hotkeys. It's very easy to add text to images, and blur details you want to hide. The cropping is simple, and you can crop different shapes, depending on the image. For video recording, you can set a timer which means you can prep the screen in readiness for the recording to begin.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this product! I have been using it for years, with multiple organisations, and it has been fantastic. I am really struggling to think of anything that I dislike!

I use it for everything from sending screenshots to customers, to producing technical documentation about our products. It works well for just taking a quick screengrab to put in an email, to editing an image for a make it suitable to include in a formal spec document. I keep Snagit running in the background on my laptop all day, and use my selected hotkey to take a quick screenshot whenever I need it.

Snagit review by <span>Adam G.</span>
Adam G.

Useful But Somewhat Clunky

What do you like best?

The best feature of Snagit is that it automatically selects portions of the screen to capture based on its interpretation of the screen's contents. For example, if you have Outlook open, you can move your cursor to the contents of a message and Snagit will highlight the portion of the screen containing the contents of the message. Then you just click once to capture that portion. Of course, you can always click and drag to capture a custom portion.

What do you dislike?

The image editing process is very clunky. It is not easy or intuitive to add arrows, text, callouts etc. to a captured image. I find that I need to copy the image to Powerpoint first before doing any useful editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for screen capture, not so great for image editing

My company uses Windows software and Lenovo laptops, which have the "Print Screen" keyboard button as the only way to screen capture. That simply captures the full contents of all of your screens and saves it to the clipboard. You then have to copy that into Microsoft Paint to edit and select what you actually wanted to capture. Very time consuming, especially since I have three screens. At least Snagit solves that problem.

Learning about Snagit?

* We monitor all Snagit reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.