Snagit

(2,461)

Quickly create images and videos to give feedback, solve a problem, or show off something cool.

Work for Snagit?

Learning about Snagit?

Snagit Reviews

Snagit review by samad m.
samad m.

"Best screen capture product in the market, period!"

What do you like best?

The image and video capturing capabilities are easy to use yet very powerful. The ability to select a region or a complete screen is advantageous. Video capturing capability is excellent as it provides multiple options for audio selection and file save formats. This software offers the perfect selection of features that can be utilized on a day to day job.

What do you dislike?

The window scrolling feature is a bit tricky. Depending on the browser and the site, the results can vary. This could be due to security features embedded within the sites to prohibit users from taking a screenshot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its an amazing tool for the price.

This product editing features are great for creating Job Aids, proof of concepts or simply providing reference screenshots with added text and arrows to the concern parties. This application allows its user to give a professional looking end product to the client.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Snagit
Showing 2,461 Snagit reviews
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Snagit
Snagit review by Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.

"Snagiit - Can't live without it"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, has everything I need to make educational materials and how to guides. I am really looking forward to being able to search through stamps in the next version. Great to be able to take multiple screenshots and then be able to create one image with them within Snagit.

What do you dislike?

Hard to sort/filter the options within each category. There are a lot of stamps for example which is great, but can take awhile to find the one I want. Would really like to be able to cut out around the shapes, not just a circle or square cut out. I want to be able to pull out specific areas of a screen shot , would be nice to have a snap to tool, that would find a particular shape.

Use for all of my educational materials, how to guides, new development designs, mock-ups. This makes it very easy for the users who will be building my design, to quickly see what my vision is. Great when I am observing an end user and see an error message to grab it. I can then have them re-create their steps and get additional screenshots along the way. This will show all of the steps and can be used by our technical support staff, to a)recreate the workflow b) troubleshoot the issue. c)determine if this is an end user issue/incorrect workflow OR if there is indeed a technical issue.

What Screen and Video Capture solution do you use?

Snagit review by Aleena T.
Aleena T.

"This screen capturing software has made my life so much easier"

What do you like best?

It's really flexible in the areas you can record, how you capture the screen, has a lot of options to make sure you get the recording just the way you want it, and the built-in editor is a huge time saver. It also has a lot of formats you can save to, and a ton of sharing options.

What do you dislike?

There are times that the editor will just...not work. It may be due to my heavy usage of the software, or local storage issues, but it's a real bummer after I take the time to carefully plan and execute a recording, just to have it vanish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really have not found a more useful tool to use in my daily work. I 100% recommend at least going through the free trial - you've got nothing to use. I bought the software and it's worth every penny.

I use it every single day. I need screenshots for a ton of reasons - I write internal technical documentation for my company, have to record sessions for bug reporting, constantly need to snap images for software mockups, and send tutorials to my end users. This software takes care of all of my screen recording needs without having to bounce between software, or spend too much time editing images, and has WAAAAYYY more functionality than build in screencapturing or freebie software.

Snagit review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"Record your screen to make tutorial videos"

What do you like best?

SnagIt is an easy to use tool to record screen capture videos, perfect for tutorials and working with clients. I use it for all of my screen captures for tutorial videos for Youtube, Facebook, my online courses, and client coaching videos. TechSmiths tech support is very responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes SnagIt needs an update and it can be cumbersome to sign back in and update. Also, you have to pay each year to renew the license. Sometimes, there is a sync issue with the audio and video when I import it into Adobe Premiere Pro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a high quality screen capture tool video, Snagit can do it!

I'm on a Windows computer and it has been difficult to find a video screen capture software for Windows. I found SnagIt after using one of TechSmith's other tools to create videos from PowerPoint slides. I've been a user for at least 9 years.

Snagit review by Janet J.
Janet J.

"Good solution for the casual graphics artist"

What do you like best?

I like that it allows not just the capture of images (screen or a selected area) but allows the user to do some light editing of the image which means I don't have to rely on our creative designer for each and everything. It's also pretty intuitive and required minimal training to be productive. I can also save the image in a variety of different formats and sizes.

What do you dislike?

Some of the image edition capabilities are limited in capabilities. One of the features, I would like is to turn an image into a black and white image. Snagit does weird things in this case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been a user for several years and as a marketer feel that I can do my job more successfully as a result of Snagit. I use it daily.

Snagit is great for screen captures and icon/image editing for the casual user that does not need in depth-creative abilities. It is much more intuitive than Illustrator or InDesign and other creative tools.

Snagit review by Paul Y.
Paul Y.

"Snagit - Quick and easy screen capture and image editing"

What do you like best?

The panoramic screen capture capability and the simple image cleanup/editing features are great. One of my colleagues uses the video capture capability and likes it very much. Finally, the price is very reasonable.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet encountered anything in Snagit that I do not like. There is always a feature here or there that can be added to any app, but Snagit has the features I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want Photoshop-level editing capabilities for your screenshots, then use Photoshop. Snagit is the quick and easy alternative for all of us non-Graphic Designers - especially for the price.

Allows me to capture web and app images that are larger than the window/screen. Very helpful in our online purchasing processes. Although Preview in macOS does a decent job of simple image cleanup/editing, Snagit offers more capabilities while remaining simple to use. Some of our internal systems have very low limits on attachment file sizes, so Snagit helps me get the images I need to attach down to a manageable file size.

Snagit review by Amit S.
Amit S.

"Best and powerful Screen Recording/Capture Tool"

What do you like best?

Snagit is best and powerful screen capture and recording tool with audio recording as well. It has many features like Grab Text, smart move, Text replace in latest version, Magnify, annotate, add animation etc. It has one more great feature to take a full page screenshot with scrolling to bottom of the document/web page.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike for Snagit, once you start using it you will definitely love it and enjoy using the tool. The only matter is a matter of Cost for licence. There should be a basic version available for personal use with limited features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a Snipping tool for your business which is easy to use and provide all such features snagit is best to buy and I am sure it suite all company needs. Nothing more I can say about it rather just enjoying the Snag it.

Snagit is very useful when it comes to a documentation parts for a business. Imagine you are creating a reference guide for any product and you know you will required screenshot of each an every page with multiple annotations. Some times you also required to be create a demo for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for your company product or personal reason, Snagit gives all such functionality which can complete all your need for business purpose. It has been very helpful while you are in meetings and you want to record someone's presentation or need to capture all required screens.

Snagit review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Quick and easy to capture screens and elements on your screen"

What do you like best?

I like Snag-It's ability to capture screens and just about any element on your screen. Once you have the image captured, Snag-It has a lot of editing features you can use to modify an image, such as blurring personal data shown on the image, drawing tools used to add lines, and so much more.

What do you dislike?

The scrolling capture feature is a good feature, however it's not always easy to make it work properly, however when it works, it's great to have an image that was larger than your screen, and saves the time it would take to capture many images and paste them together to make one image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For what it cost and the features it provides, I would buy it.

I have been using Snag-It for at least 20 years, back in the day when it was free. I use it to capture screens, and blur personal data so I can real-life screens in my documentation. I also use Snag-It's finite ability to capture small icons and other screen elements to use in my documentation.

Snagit review by Sarah H.
Sarah H.

"Best screenshot app I've ever used"

What do you like best?

Snagit has an excellent UI - intuitive, nice to use

A great array of tools and effects, including text detection!

Makes sharing across all my tools incredibly easy.

Love the library and ability to tag and categorize my images for easy access

What do you dislike?

Would like more control over how images are stored and saved - e.g., doing a Save As so I can name the image and upload to my DAM creates a duplicate image to the one in the Snagit library. I'd rather just have the named file which can be referenced by Snagit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Snagit has a diverse feature set - it's much more powerful than tools like Jing, Monosnap, or CloudApp (which I also like) - so if you need something more than those apps but less than photoshop, Snagit is an excellent choice.

Creating a catalog of app screenshots to use in our knowledge base, and for use across our content team (to ensure consistent image size, quality, annotation style, etc). Snagit does high-quality images, with very easy to use editing options. I can also send images and captured videos directly to Camtasia, which we use for creating training and how-to videos for our users.

Snagit review by Jacob L.
Jacob L.

"Efficient & Functional Content Capturing"

What do you like best?

I like the simple ability to add text and arrows onto captured content. It is a quick way to modify and spruce up content before sharing, and more efficient than any other software. I also appreciate that previous captures are saved in the snagit editor, which allows me to copy and paste text or designs from other screenshots.

What do you dislike?

Adding the potential to possibly share images directly to social media platforms would increase work flow and minimize the second step of sharing images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying out the different capture settings. Different people will prefer different ways to capture, whether using the "all-in-one", "Image", or "video."

It allows me to add text to graphics from other softwares and locations more quickly before sharing them online. It is the most streamlined way to get from a screen capture to the web, using only one application to capture, edit, and export the image.

Snagit review by Anthony V.
Anthony V.

"How Snagit helps with Customer Service Operations"

What do you like best?

SnagIt integrates well with our company and my team. The fact that you can setup hotkeys makes it feel like the software is everywhere you need it to be.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike,.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you run a CS team where you interact by email, provide training, produce webinars and create videos, then you need to use Snagit. When capturing a picutre, you can add a bunch of modifications to the image. For example, i want a client to look at a screen and be able to know where to go. I can add on the screenshot some arrows, and some number sequences and even add a comment box. I can change the colors of all these items to brand it with our company colors. In a video, i can easily re-watch the video that i took, pause it, esily cut out a part that i no longer want to keep in the video and carry on. The tutorials that they give on new version and small updates and features that you haven't used are really clear and well done.

With the ability to take screenshots with snagit, we can provide them in our emails back to our clients to help improve our documented procedures. Using the video ability along with screencast helps us make quick videos for our clients and saves us from having to phone them. These benefits alone are worth paying for the SnagIt software.

Snagit review by Philippa G.
Philippa G.

"Brilliant tool for taking and annotating screenshots, and videos"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can continue taking screenshot after screenshot, without losing what you're working on, by using the hotkeys. It's very easy to add text to images, and blur details you want to hide. The cropping is simple, and you can crop different shapes, depending on the image. For video recording, you can set a timer which means you can prep the screen in readiness for the recording to begin.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this product! I have been using it for years, with multiple organisations, and it has been fantastic. I am really struggling to think of anything that I dislike!

I use it for everything from sending screenshots to customers, to producing technical documentation about our products. It works well for just taking a quick screengrab to put in an email, to editing an image for a make it suitable to include in a formal spec document. I keep Snagit running in the background on my laptop all day, and use my selected hotkey to take a quick screenshot whenever I need it.

Snagit review by Adam G.
Adam G.

"Useful But Somewhat Clunky"

What do you like best?

The best feature of Snagit is that it automatically selects portions of the screen to capture based on its interpretation of the screen's contents. For example, if you have Outlook open, you can move your cursor to the contents of a message and Snagit will highlight the portion of the screen containing the contents of the message. Then you just click once to capture that portion. Of course, you can always click and drag to capture a custom portion.

What do you dislike?

The image editing process is very clunky. It is not easy or intuitive to add arrows, text, callouts etc. to a captured image. I find that I need to copy the image to Powerpoint first before doing any useful editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for screen capture, not so great for image editing

My company uses Windows software and Lenovo laptops, which have the "Print Screen" keyboard button as the only way to screen capture. That simply captures the full contents of all of your screens and saves it to the clipboard. You then have to copy that into Microsoft Paint to edit and select what you actually wanted to capture. Very time consuming, especially since I have three screens. At least Snagit solves that problem.

Snagit review by Jackie B.
Jackie B.

"Great Marketing Tool: Explainer Videos, Target Audience "Is This You?" Demand Gen...."

What do you like best?

Visuals are far more powerful these days than text for attracting the right audience. Snagit lets you focus more on your target audience (EX: their "Is This You?" scenario, and "explainer videos" where you show them exactly how your offering is how their life will be when your product fixes that scenario...) and you spend far less time creating those videos using Snagit. Techsmith created Snagit and their tech support is fantastic. They're creatives too and offer ideas far beyond just fixing any tech support needs you may have.

What do you dislike?

None that I can see right now. The earlier version had a learning curve for me, but they are constantly updating it making it even easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare Snagit with how you're creating client content/presentations now using 2 client groups and you'll be convinced that not only is Snagit a lot easier, but the results(in conversions to sales) are exponentially greater.

I needed to add more videos that worked far more effectively than the text-based content, and I didn't want to be locked into a freelancer's multiple iterations. I wanted a DIY that looked just as professional. Snagit was the right answer.

Snagit review by Aubrey O.
Aubrey O.

"Great Product for Capturing and Editing Screenshots"

What do you like best?

I love that Snagit allows you to capture any portion - large or small - of your screen. My favorite feature has to be the editing capabilities. After you take a screenshot, Snagit opens the captured image and allows you to work with the image in so many different ways. Whether you want to resize the screenshot, save it as a different image type or add text or pictures, you can do it all with Snagit.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the scrolling screenshots appear - they are never clear for me! When attempting to capture a scrolling screenshot - which would be a great feature of Snagit (if it worked), the image is almost always distorted. No matter how many attempts I make, Snagit never has given me a quality scrolling screenshot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Snagit for quality screenshots and for an easy, user friendly way to edit the image after it is captured. It offers a great help section that points out all Snagit's capabilities and features.

Snagit allows me to use one program to do what used to take several programs, saving time and money. I can now capture exactly what I want to off of my screen - without having to capture the whole screen, open it in another program and edit the image down to what I want. Even better, the fact that I'm able to work with and edit the screenshot directly from the Snagit program makes it such a time saver!

Snagit review by William C.
William C.

"Perfect tool for trouble shooting and QA"

What do you like best?

The product is so versatile for screenshots, video screenshots, and error recording. I use the product mostly to report issues back to the development team as they happened, which DRASTICALLY improves repair and hotfix times.

What do you dislike?

I do wish I could attach information to the Snagit, like a date-time stamp or an internet connectivity status as I was capturing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Snagit can really make a difference between your QA team and the development team. Often these teams struggle to find the words to accurately explain how they made an issue happen or how they found it, but with a video recording it can change the game of QA.

I use the product mostly to report issues back to the development team as they happened, which DRASTICALLY improves repair and hotfix times. Also, it allows me to replay issues during QA and try and exactly recreate them, which can help distinguish between a single computer issue and a product issue.

Snagit review by Kathy B.
Kathy B.

"No other product offers the "cut out" option"

What do you like best?

One of the greatest advantages of this program is the ability to "cut out" unused space. If a report has too much white space, use the "cut out" option to horizontally or vertically "remove and close up" the unused area. I've manually cropped borders and moved imagery to retain the "look" of a application window, but SnagIt makes that a thing of the past with the "cut out" option.

What do you dislike?

When replacing colors (much easier than in PhotoShop), even if sensitivity is set very high, the system may replace other unrelated colors or pixels within the image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to purchase. This product is much easier to work with than Adobe Photoshop, and saves much time over MS Paint.

I've made our Help documentation more accessible by cropping out white space to make an entire report fit in one screen view, removing the need to scroll to view the entire image.

Snagit review by Patrick H.
Patrick H.

"Wonderful Product"

What do you like best?

I have used Snagit everyday since I discovered it a few years back because of its convenience and wide variety of features. I like that it has an option to be decked on your anywhere desktop and always be on in the background, allowing for quick and easy screenshots. I also like its variety of editing features, from cropping to adding text and shapes to changing the size of the photo. I even use the Snagit as a photo editor editor to edit pictures, not just for screenshots and it does a great job.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the scrolling capture. I have yet to found an instance where I went to capture a scrolling image or web page and it turned out good. Scrolling screenshots taken with Snagit are visually distorted and I haven't been able to use them in my experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Snagit is a convenient way to capture any type of screenshot as well as a great way to edit and work with the screenshot or image. It is easy to use and navigate. The "help" section as well as the Snagit website both provide a really good instruction on how to utilize the product.

Snagit saves time and money because it is a fast and reliable way to capture anything on my desktop - from websites to documents and emails. Prior to Snagit, I would have to press the print screen button and edit the screen shot - it would take several different programs to capture and edit a screenshot - Snagit allows me to do all of this in one place.

Snagit review by Kaylee W.
Kaylee W.

"Makes screengrabs a breeze when copious amounts are needed quickly."

What do you like best?

I love that I can make hot keys so that I easily remember the fastest way to capture an image. I also like that I can point out things that need to be edited when I send my work to our creative artists. I also appreciate the movie feature. That has been great for recording trainings with team members. I also like that I can trim my images if they are not accurate the first time around, and I don't have to be precise when capturing ads of certain sizes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Snagit is glitchy and doesn't catch the images fast enough (ie. rotating ads), but a simple refresh of the page usually does the trick. I think there need to be more font choices when adding text to the images. The biggest problem I have is accidentally making text boxes when I haven't switched to the selection tool, but I believe that is user error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product has increased my job efficiency tremendously. I can trim images that aren't accurate the first time and point out pieces of the images that need updating. I use Snagit about 50 times a day for work, and it's a time-saver and very reliable.

For my job, we have to seen screenshots of images for Legal approval, and it exponentially makes the approval process easier. It has also bee helpful with catching mistakes from Art to point out exactly what needs updated.

Snagit review by Lindsay H.
Lindsay H.

"Snagit Review"

What do you like best?

I love how simple and quick it is to use. Yesterday a colleague needed to know about to access some information in a software program we use and we couldn't coordinate for a face-to-face or phone call. So, I opened up snag it and made a two minute video and sent it to him. It saves me a ton of time, because I don't have to spend time typing out detailed instructions, taking screenshots and formatting them and adding arrows. I can make a video once and it can be viewed over and over by anyone who needs it. It is great for all different kinds of learners - especially those who are visual or auditory (like me!). I can save the file on my computer or I can upload it to a ton of different places, like dropbox, camtasia, or my favorite, Google Drive. This is especially great for larger video files that I can't email - I can send a link to the video instead.

I also liked the cost. As a self-proclaimed cheapskate and tightwad, this price was great for me.

What do you dislike?

I am not a big fan of the editing features, because I can't figure them out. And I should give a disclaimer that I haven't given much effort to figuring them out and I have absolutely no experience or context for edit a video. Most of what I do is informal, so if it has a small mistake, it isn't a big deal. Also, I did just get a newer version of it with a new UI and I have attempted any editing with the new UI.

I supervisor 130+ people and most of them don't work the same shift as I do. We often need to give all 130 of them information or training, but since they are college students who have crazy schedules, it is very challenging to get them all together. With Snagit, I can make a video with the information or training the need, and send it out to them. It is great because they can watch it at convenient time for them - 2 am or 11 am. I don't have to try to schedule several meetings to talk to as many of them as possible (and then they accidentally sleep through it). They can watch it as many times as they need. When I hire someone new, they can view the videos and we don't have to spend extra time meeting one-on-one for training. We love it. I've shared it with friends and colleagues who also love it. Everyone prefers a brief video in a email to a meeting :)

Snagit review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"Easy capture and editing"

What do you like best?

The whole capture process is streamlined:

- custom mapped keys to trigger the capture

- allows you to select what section of your screen (a God-send when you have three monitors)

- then once selected, automatically opens the Snagit Editor with the capture you just took.

Working in support, I use screenshots all the time to "show not tell" what I mean to customers.

What do you dislike?

The editing of the images is a bit limited.

For example, there isn't even a "black and white" setting.

I often take images out of snagit and open them into photoshop... but that is only about 5% of the time.

Allowing me to take a screenshot, annotate it, and send it off to a customer in under 5 minutes really helps me from having to go through the process of having to give an extremely detailed description on what they need to do to change a setting or fix an issue they may be having.

Snagit review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"The Best Screenshot Program"

What do you like best?

There are so many things that I like about SnagIt but the thing that I like the most is how easy it makes it to capture an image of your screen. SnagIt has an option that allows you to have it docked on your computer desktop so all that you have to do is click on button on your mouse and you can capture an image. The image is then automatically opened in the SnagIt editor where you can make enhanced edits such as - crop the image, add text, colors, shapes and even save it to any format (JPG, PDF, etc.)

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don't like about SnagIt is the scrolling capture. What would be probably my favorite thing about SnagIt, being able to capture a scrolling image, just doesn't work. Every time I have attempted to capture a scrolling window using SnagIt, it comes out distorted, blurred with objects duplicated. I have never been able to use an scrolling window that I captured using SnagIt because of these issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend SnagIt because of how easy it makes it to capture shots of your screen. You can even choose to have SnagIt docked to your computer so that it is always running and ready to capture a screenshot with the click of a button. It allows you to edit the screenshots before the capture is finalized. Once you capture a screenshot, you are automatically directed to the SnagIt editor where you can make edits and additions to the photo. It is a great tool with advanced features yet it is easy enough for everyone to use.

SnagIt has allowed us to not only to easily capture screenshots but also allows us to make edits to those screenshots in the SnagIt editor. The editor really has some enhanced features like being able to resize and crop images, add text and shapes, adjust colors, etc. We even use SnagIt when we need to edit or enhance regular photos that aren't screenshots - that's how many useful features the SnagIt editor offers. SnagIt makes it super quick and convenient not only to capture screenshots but to make edits and enhance photos.

Snagit review by Wally M.
Wally M.

"Snagit....no really snag this."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. It is so easy to launch, copy, and edit the image you want to send. Being able to utilize the annotation tools are also a huge plus. This has greatly impacted the effectiveness of training within our company. I haven't had the opportunity to use the video capture feature just yet, however I can already see tons of uses for this tool. I am also a huge fan of the panoramic screen capture. This feature is so useful!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I disliked was that it would occasionally crash when I first started using Snagit. However I think there must have been an update because it no longer crashes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this for your business. Much more functionality than the Snip tool that Windows provides.

Snagit has greatly aided in sharing information with clients and co-workers. It is so easy to explain something when you can annotate a screen shot and easily send it in an email. I also use this product to help build training presentations. This has saved so much time in the creation of these presentations and the images that I am embedding in them are so much better than before. I am sure that as I begin to use the video feature that we will begin creating training video clips for our employees as well. I can see Snagit taking our training to the next level.

Snagit review by Victor Alday N.
Victor Alday N.

"Snagit - The absolute BEST. "

What do you like best?

The ability to do more than just create screenshots. The whole software allows you to annotate images with text, arrows, highlighters, stickers, callouts etc... The software also allows you to resize, crop, and create edges on the image. Basically, Snagit can be used like Adobe Photoshop but for documents.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing really to dislike about this software, other than the times it can slow boot time of your computer if the settings allows it to start when Windows starts up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If a picture is a thousand words, what you do with Snagit would be like authoring an epic novel. IMO, this software is very easy to use. Not once did I feel the need to contact tech support. I know Windows comes with a free screenshot tool, called the "Snipping Tool," but Snagit makes your screenshots look more professional and completely "clean." The software is somewhat pricey, but the upgrades are very reasonable.

This software solves a lot of problems. It can help make quick tutorials on the fly easily. Screenshots are also able to be saved as png, jpg, gif, and pdf files. People often learn easily through pictures, rather than words. Snagit easily helps do that . Snagit can also records video and audio on the desktop and comes with some basic editing features. This is very helpful when it comes to webinars, online meetings involving software demonstrations, and quick video tutorials.

Snagit review by Jill G.
Jill G.

"Full-featured screen capture and editing software"

What do you like best?

Snagit is my "go-to" screen capture and editing software. I like the ability to capture screens in many different ways, from full screen to a specific region or object, with or without menus and cursors. You can crop, annotate, and save your file as an editable Snagit project file, as a .PNG, or one of several other file formats. I like how easy the software is to learn. And it is reasonably priced, a great value.

What do you dislike?

I find the packaged color schemes limiting; I would like the ability to save my own color schemes. I would like the ability to export files to layers for use in Photoshop or Illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Years ago, a colleague, the Documentation Manager for our software group, turned my on to Snagit. She and her staff were able to take quick screenshots of almost anything needed to create professional software documentation. I started using it myself a year or two later. Take advantage of the free trial if you are new to Snagit. Then you will be hooked!

I use Snagit to produce slide presentations, to capture marketing survey information, for minor graphics editing and recoloring, to create marketing collateral, and to create training materials, from quick training guides to detailed, step-by-step software training manuals.

Snagit review by WNewquay M.
WNewquay M.

"Best communications tool I use every day"

What do you like best?

It's drop-dead simple to share an idea, instructions, a process, or illustrate a problem with Snagit. I use Snagit several times a day to grab a screenshot or to create a short screen video. The annotation tools are great for making the screenshots even more useful. I use the automatic numbering for steps all the time, when I don't think I can use a larger file (that you get when you create a screen video).

What do you dislike?

I work on a high-resolution screen (4500x3000) so screenshots are gigantic if I don't resize them. If I don't resize them before doing annotations, then when I resize later, the annotations are very small.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has become a regular part of my workflow to use Snagit instead of typing wherever possible. This is one of the best productivity tools I use multiple times a day. It pays for itself in time saved - likely, every day.

If you find yourself typing to describe something on a screen, consider using Snagit. You'll save time, and your message will be clearer.

I write to colleagues doing quality assurance and Snagit makes it easy to highlight issues.

I also write in a customer facing capacity providing ad-hoc instructions.

Being able to create screenshots and screen videos is faster and clearer for me, than writing.

Snagit review by Prabhash T.
Prabhash T.

"Screen Capture on the go "

What do you like best?

It is the perfect screen capturing tool I have came across in my life, I would say. It is very easy to use tool and the best feature I like is the text replace feature, where one can easily replace the text from the captured image on the go without even worrying about the font and size. It on its own analyzes this thing.

What do you dislike?

It has no support for Linux platforms, this is one thing that bothers me as I use both operating system - Windows and Ubuntu (Linux based).

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lot of features available, explore all of them. Like the text replace feature, it a pretty good feature. Try it once!

Everything on the internet is not always available, we use this tool to scrap information and store in image formats which can later-on be used in presentations.

Snagit review by Joe D.
Joe D.

"Not your parents screen capture software"

What do you like best?

Fantastic ease of access and capabilities. Provides the ability to perform simple screen and video captures while having the back-end loaded with features to modify, annotate, write, clip, trim, and on and on. I've been using Snagit for numerous revisions and versions, each with a new or improved feature set.

What do you dislike?

Pay to play software and I'm not the first to pay for an upgrade when older versions work well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a Director of IT and still hands-on, this is an excellent tool that goes beyond the Windows or Mac capture apps.

Excellent tool to capture Network settings an anything you can display - just to have a screenshot of the way it was is "priceless" for sure. Anytime we make a change to a Firewall, Switch, copier, cabling, etc. or even a home device, we can see what was working (or not working) before.

Countless hours of guessing, failed attempts of frustration have been avoided by using Snagit.

I also find it very useful for creating "How To" docs and showing steps with a highlighted, bubble or stamp on what to do.

Snagit review by Carla R.
Carla R.

"I Love Snagit!"

What do you like best?

Snagit is so easy to use. I love that you can hightlight items and make notes on the screenshot! My most favorite thing is how you can turn it into a pdf with ease. Then you can upload it into the accounting software that we use. We've gone paperless and in order to keep from printing something out, making notes on it, and scanning it back in makes it one of our most valuable and cost saving tools.

What do you dislike?

I do not have the latest version so I have to press print screen every time. I see most of my coworkers with the most recent version and it seems much better!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say, pay for it. It's worth it. We use it daily, we copy and paste our screenshots and use them in Slack (our messenger app), email, and Skype for Business. The ease of turning your screenshot with notes in it into a pdf makes it the most valuable to me. We use this as our backup for our Journal Entries daily.

When I find errors that have been made, I screenshot them with Snagit, make a note using the arrows and the text boxes and typically I use the highlighter function as well. I really like the fact that you can turn it into a pdf for use in the backup for our journal entries.

Snagit review by Blake C.
Blake C.

"Lightweight, professional, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Ease of selecting windows, fullscreen or specific areas for screenshots. When selecting specific areas, showing a zoomed-in segment with a grid helps to capture exactly what needs to be captured. Multiple editing tools available that are easily customizable.

What do you dislike?

Video editing capabilities are somewhat limited - you really need a separate solution for video editing. Also, Snagit can't take screenshots of its own UI so I had to use my computer's onboard screenshot functionality to take my verification screenshot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Snagit makes it easy to customize editing tools, so that documentation can be uniform even when created by multiple users. Advise users to regularly save their projects rather than relying on auto-save - while auto-save is quite good, it's not 100% reliable and if the users only save the projects as image files, they won't be able to go back and change the edits that they've already performed.

I write a lot of technical documentation for both internal use and client-facing use. This means I need clear screenshots that are often marked up edited, and trimmed to remove white space. By customizing arrows, text, and shading I'm able to ensure that screenshots are clear and uniform across all documents.

Snagit review by Melissa O.
Melissa O.

"I can't live without SnagIt"

What do you like best?

Very easy and intuitive to use. I use this software multiple times every single day! Sometimes I grab a screenshot to easily compare to another screen in the same software or to compare my test system to my production system. I use it endlessly as I create user and technical documentation. When a user asks how to do something, I can grab a quick screenshot then highlight or point using an arrow to what I need them to see. One of my favorite uses is to use the video functionality to walk through a technical problem I am having and submit it to the vendor as an attachment. The vendor support can then show their engineers exactly what I am seeing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Each new version is better and this last version handles even complicated scrolling areas of the screen which used to be more challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If on the fence, there is a fully functioning trial that will give you a great idea. Each new version has even more features. This latest version is great and makes even difficult scrolling areas easy to capture with the panorama capture type. You can even create videos to show a sequence of events. This has been great in training users as well as walking through a technical problem that I can upload to a technical support ticket so they can see an issue in action.

Ready to launch at any time by hitting Print Screen, grabs whatever you need from your screen for later reference and technical documentation. Quickly edit your screenshot to draw attention to what you need via highlighting, arrows or easily blur out sensitive information.

Snagit review by Angelo Q.
Angelo Q.

"Simple and complete tool with great results"

What do you like best?

It’s a software with various options when it comes to screen capture in multiple formats, It offers simple tools to achieve excellent results. It is easy to use and doesn’t needs prior knowledge for its use. It offers several ways to capture, and also a useful editor to work, is excellent for guides and tutorials with screenshots and video capture offers good results.

What do you dislike?

Use snagit for the first time can be a little confusing if you need specific results with output formats, because the advanced settings doesn’t have much help, however the basic configuration gives good results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it, since it has become a vital tool in my daily work, is simple but very complete, and has enough to work without having to install additional software.

SnagIt has become the perfect office partner, since it has allowed me to solve problems in a simple way, from modifying a file, to record my desktop for instructional purposes. I have been able to record my desktop to create tutorials, and audio capture option allows me to narrate the tutorial without further complication.

Snagit review by Daniel D.
Daniel D.

"SnagIt's great for scrolling web page captures and more"

What do you like best?

SnagIt is my go-to for capturing/saving copies of my articles -- and other web stuff -- that can't be viewed without scrolling down. I've used it for capturing and annotating screen shots, and for general screen captures (although Windows' Snipping Tool is often sufficient for those).

What do you dislike?

Some versions of SnagIt don't work with some browser versions for some tasks -- notably, saving a scrolling window -- but SnagIt doesn't pop up a "Sorry, but I can't handle this," so I only figure that out via web searching or calling Tech Support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay attention to licensing (as in, how many systems a license lets you install on, so you don't buy more than you need).

Don't hesitate to call Tech Support, they're great!

Be aware there are occasionally some SnagIt/browser version interaction hiccups.

Saving copies of my work that's appeared on the web, since I can't count on my clients -- publications and companies -- keeping it up forever, and don't want to have to search the Internet Archive as my first backup choice. I often use it to create/edit screen captures or fotos for inclusion in articles I'm writing. And when I'm including screen shots in articles, and want to annotate ("scribble on") them, SnagIt does that pretty well. I also have been using SnagIt for some photo/image editing.

Snagit review by Torgrim S.
Torgrim S.

"Indispensable tool for anyone in marketing, support, teaching and sales"

What do you like best?

This screenshot tool just keeps getting better and better. Snagit beats the Windows built-in and other free screenshot tools by hours each month in saved time and money. When you thought there were no more features to add, they added text-grabbing, background moving and smudging with nearby areas, and text editing directly inside images. Highly recommended for anyone needing those perfect screenshots!

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of much, but maybe the background nearby area filling (when cutting an area from image) could be better/more intelligent in the future?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not think you will find a better screenshot application on the market. And the image editor is worth the price by itself for editing website images and optimizing them.

Training material (software tutorials both for print and online), support and communication with customers, short sales demonstrations, internal referencing and documentation.

Snagit review by Lisa R.
Lisa R.

"A Must-have Tool for How To's & Workbooks"

What do you like best?

Snagit takes you beyond the basic screen grab to offer enhanced features that make life easier for guiding clients through challenging tech tutorials and workshops.

What do you dislike?

There are few cons to using Snagit if you need a screen capture tool. If the price is an obstacle, Techsmith's Jing software is a useful - if much less feature-rich - free option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The full-featured Snagit is fantastic if you're often creating tutorials and training and need high quality screen shots for professional training and tutorials. For the occasional screen grab to show a friend or one-on-one sessions, go for Jing.

In working on an updated version of my WordPress handbook, I find that I can do so much more with the latest version of Snagit. Photo editing is huge, and the ability to create my own GIFs is great for my online tutorials.

Snagit review by Balaji K.
Balaji K.

"Screen capture made simple"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Capture a particular section of the screen or scroll page to capture. Annotation is the best of the image editing feature. Multiple cloud options to share the image or recording. Helps in efficient communication and saves time. I like to use the option of send it to one-note pretty often when collecting images for documentation store it at once and later use it when needed.

What do you dislike?

The software download size (200MB). 15 days limited trial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My company had the licenses to use. Initially when my manager recommended to use this tool. I thought its an overkill but I was wrong. I have been using windows snipping tool to capture and paint to edit and add annotation which would take a long time to process one image. You would never regret using it. The selected capture helps The annotations wouldn't look great to present it to a client. Snagit editor shines in that area. Professional annotation and saves a lot of time in the image. Blur option helps in hiding the sensitive information. I often use the scroll and capture for the websites. I love the screen capture as GIF animation which is thin by size and helps in communicating an issue over an email. I like to use the option of send it to one-note pretty often when collecting image for documentation.

It helps in sending screen shots and short clips of any issue that you would like to share.

Snagit review by Krystal G.
Krystal G.

"Great Product - Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and you can save in multiple formats. I've used SnagIt for many short training videos and taken screen shots and edited them. The editing is pretty self-explanatory and you don't need to be an expert (not like an Adobe Premier Pro CC). I get everything I need for a simple video with not a lot of bells and whistles. Scrolling screen shots and adding text is pretty great.

What do you dislike?

You have to pay/upgrade to get superior features, I just use the basic, but it works well. At least you used to have to pay. I've had the same license for years (but haven't thought about upgrading). With this software, exporting clips is not the easiest. Also, I don't think the audio is very good - but it could also be the problem with our computers that we use. Audio plug-in could be better I guess all together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very easy tool and recommended for simple or small projects that don't require a large amount of work and/or editing. If you are going to use, however, I would think about getting some type of microphone or better recording device when it comes to the audio.

Training videos are easy to make using snagit. You can record your desktop and record your voice over at the same time. so as you are pointing and clicking, you can easily record what you are doing.

Snagit review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"Best $50 Investment Ever!"

What do you like best?

Easy to capture images; easy to annotate and edit; easy to share. Robust set of editing tools (edge effects, border effects, color effects). Nice annotating tools (stamp library, blur, eraser, arrows, cursors, text boxes, fills (can even fill with transparency), shapes, call outs. Resize image, resize canvas, change canvass color. All good stuff.

What do you dislike?

Every now and then, the resizing feature stops showing actual image size and I have to delete registry settings to make it work properly. I wish I could rotate part of the image I am building instead of the whole image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you could ever benefit from quickly capturing a screen shot, editing, annotating, etc., Snagit is the tool of choice. For $50 it's a no brainer. I am a huge raving fan.

Next to having two monitors on my PC, one of the best productivity investments I made. I use it daily for presentations, proposals and for training / supporting customers. I cannot imagine not using this every day. The free snipping tool on Windows is painful to use.

Snagit review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

"A lifesaving product for a business owner"

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to use and very feature rich. I really believe in the "KISS" principle with software, and Snagit fills that requirements. It's very versatile but not so bulked up with features that it becomes hard to use.

What do you dislike?

I'm not saying it's perfect, but given it's price it's been an awesome tool. I find it hard to find fault with anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find the product very easy to use and has all the features that I need. That being said, I would certainly download the trial software prior to purchase to make sure it has everything you need

As a partner in a tech company, I have a number of hats to wear and I need a product that can help me with some of those jobs BUT do it efficiently. Snagit has been a great tool. When I do sales material for client I'm easily able to take screen shots and include it documents. I build excellent user manuals for users by using Snagit to build visuals. I can run support by sending out troubleshooting documents built with Snagit. I doubt a week goes by where I don't fire up Snagit for some reason

Snagit review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"Good Service for Screen Capture and Photo Edit"

What do you like best?

I like best that Snagit is not only a great screen capture program but that it is also a great way to edit existing photos. It is actually my choice for a program when I need to make a quick edit (rotate, cut, resize, etc.) to existing photos. This is because it offers the basic features that I need and because it is really easy to use. I find it to be very convenient and user friendly. I also really like that Snagit has an application so that it is always running in the background of my desktop computer. This means that I can capture my screen with the click of a button.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Snagit doesn't capture scrolling regions very well. I was actually most excited about the fact that Snagit was able to capture scrolling screens as so many screen capturing programs don't offer this. When I went to capture a scrolling region, it was blurry and distorted. I was not able to use the image at all. I wish Snagit would upgrade this part of the program as it would be such a convenient feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Snagit for any one who ever has to capture their screen. There is simply no easier way to capture something that you are viewing on your screen. It has a great application that is always docked to your desktop, allowing you to capture screenshots with the slick of a button. It is also great for editing and saving photos to different file types. It really has ever feature I have ever looked for plus many more.

Snagit allows us to quickly capture anything that we are viewing on our screen and edit the capture all from one program. Before Snagit, we would have to press the print screen button which would capture literally both of our double desktop computer screens. We would then have to paste the capture in a program and save it before we could open it in another program to cut and edit down. This took a lot of time! Snagit allows us to capture screens with one click and make all of the edits necessary all from a single program. Such a time saver.

Snagit review by Luiz Fellipe C.
Luiz Fellipe C.

"Easy way to record your screen"

What do you like best?

It is one of the easiest way to record the computer screen. It is fast, simple to use and the video size is not big. I like how you can select the part of the screen you want to be recorded.You don't need to record the whole screen. Also, the design is simple and very helpful for people using it for the first time.

What do you dislike?

It has some bugs. Most of the time I have to select the part of the screen I want to record more than once. Also, there are times that the program crashes and I have to open it again in order to finish my job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to record videos of your screen, with a small size to help you upload them, this is the software you need. It is easy to use, simple and with a great design.

I'm a QA Tester. I have to record bugs, how they appear, how did I find them. Snagit helps me with it. It is fast and its videos are really small, which helps me when I have to upload them.

It can also be used to take screenshots but I do not use it for it.

Snagit review by Eliza R.
Eliza R.

"Easy to use basic functions"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to click and drag my area. Easy to add in arrows, highlights, and basic shapes. Best part is I can copy and past the screenshot into an email!

What do you dislike?

I don't use snagit for functions beyond your basic screenshot and editing. I recall the movie function was problematic because it only let you record 5 minutes at a time`

**This is relevant for this review. I tried to take a screenshot of my screen using snagit to validate my use, but that was impossible. I couldn't screenshot the screenshot device, if that makes sense, and couldn't figure out how to detach snagit from my "hotkeys". That's mostly okay, since I wouldn't need to do that for any other circumstance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for basic screen captures!

Sharing "how-to"s with customers who don't understand what I mean from my words. Makes an email easier to read!

Snagit review by Kristine T.
Kristine T.

"My Preferred Tool for Both Screenshots and Edits"

What do you like best?

There is so much that I like about Snagit. Most of all, I like how many awesome features the program offers. I like that not only am I able to easily capture screenshots but I'm also able to easily edit photos. Snagit has so many editing tools that I use it to edit regular pictures, not only screenshots. Snagit allows me to add colors and shapes to photos, edit photo size and dimensions and enhance coloring, among many other useful editing features.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the scrolling capture that Snagit offers. I was excited to find that there was finally a tool that allowed me to capture scrolling screens, as I must do this often for my job. However, I have found the scrolling Screenshots to be of extremely low quality - usually distorted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm always recommending Snagit to my coworkers because of how convenient and easy it is to use. I also recommend it because of all of the features. Another reason I recommend it is because it not only captures screenshots but you're also able to capture video with audio. It is such a great tool and it is continuously making upgrades to improve in order to keep up with the latest technology trends.

Snagit has solved a few important problems, saving a lot of time for my company. Being able to not only capture quality screenshots easily, I'm also able to edit photos from one program which is time-saving and efficient. I also like that it can be docked to your desktop so that it is always running, allowing you to capture a screenshot with the single click of a button.

Snagit review by Tom K.
Tom K.

"Snagit is your all-purpose screen capture tool!"

What do you like best?

Great screen capture and call-out tool. Can't praise it enough!!

You know how they say a picture is worth a thousand words? I couldn't agree more!!

I frequently need to walk clients through how to do something and it makes it so much easier if I can use Snagit to capture a screen and then annotate it with arrows and numbers to the steps I'm detailing for them. Like "Step 1: Enter your name in the first box" then my image has a big arrow pointing to the box I mean with a big #1 by it.

Makes it so easy to create documentation for my clients and to answer their questions in detail.

Now Snagit can do animated GIF's so I can make it even clearer by capturing my screen and showing them exactly what needs to be done! My clients love how I answer their questions with such detailed screen captures and animations.

Having the ability to blur areas is a God send too, as often you don't want clients to see your personal information.

What do you dislike?

Animated GIF creating is a bit rough but it's kind of new. But I'm sure this will improve as they do some more updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Snagit makes your screen captures a breeze! You can annotate them to make your point much clearer so it's a great tool for making training images.

Capturing screens and annotating them for training purposes.

Snagit review by prateek s.
prateek s.

"Amazing tool to take screen"

What do you like best?

the feature to click and take screenshots based on the shape of the container edge clicked is amazing. And to add the quickball which allows to take screens anytime while it lies hidden at the edge of the screen.

Especially for tools like SAP, it is very helpful. I can select specific portions of the page, as well as the whole page. The tool automatically detects the section of the page using the shapes, which even makes it easier. Amazing time saving.

For users, it also allows to record video. This video can go upto the time that you want.

There is a quick use trackball on the app. This trackball floats on the top of the page. It allows me to switch between screenshot and video recording. Easy peasy. I can drag this to any corner of the page and it sticks there.

you w

All screenshots that you take get stored in a photo editor clipboard which can be used later. However when you close the photo editor, it deletes all the photos that are stored in the editor.

What do you dislike?

editor panel takes a lot of memory, we can have a freeshape option as well

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a trial to explore its features. I loved it. I thank my client for investing in this product. It saved my time and efforts.

It allows me to take screens instantly with minimum time wastage. A bliss for UI documentation

Snagit review by Sabrina C.
Sabrina C.

"Snag pictures with Snagit"

What do you like best?

The relialibity of the program, it does what it says it does. It does not crash often. Also the ease-of-use of the program: you can start up the program and start using it without consulting a lot of information. Also the versatility is very important, you can add any type of text of sign to enrich your screenshots, you can add screenshots in screenshots. The great thing is that compared to complicated suites such as Adobe Photoshop, Snagit is very easy-to-use and will satisfy your needs for the most part. An extra bonus is that you can also take video. There is a more difficult suite Camtasia, however the video also already allows you to take simple videos, very useful when you want to demonstrate a simple feature.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, functionality-wise there is nothing that I don't like. The only pity is that there is no free, easier version for non-paying customers. The great thing is though, that the program is a one-time purchase fee, so no subscription costs as is the case nowadays.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. Nothing can make you make up your own mind as trying it out for yourself

The program allows us to take meaningful screenshots and adapt them, in this way we can easily take screenshots to add to guides that we write concerning the software that our internal colleagues need to use. We also use it in jira to create mock-ups of new technology and help identify problems (also in jira).

Snagit review by Elise C.
Elise C.

"Snagit Editor is easy to use."

What do you like best?

I'm a Mac user, but I use a PC for work. Taking screenshots is easy on a Mac, but on a PC it's not really a convenient thing to do. However, Snagit Editor makes it easy! I also like that you can easily add arrows to point things out in your screengrabs.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there isn't a way (that I know of) to easily host images straight out of the app so I can send others a link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Snagit is easy to use. Go for it!

I use this all the time at work so I can send screenshots of bugs in the software or attach a picture to an email to help a customer learn how to use a feature better. I also use it to send memes to my coworkers and it works pretty well for that.

Snagit review by John H.
John H.
View Original

"Snagit"

What do you like best?

ExThe software is reasonably priced and it also does what you expect. The product captures images and video in very good quality and also has a filing component that makes storage easy. You can overlay text, call outs and other graphics to enhance images you have captured.

What do you dislike?

It has a learning curve and all of the features are not as intuitive as you may anticipate. It is worth investing the time required to fully understand how it works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the free trial if offered and use the time to learn all aspects of this tool. I anticipate you will likely subscribe to the full version.

Capturing images and video on screen. This is great for simply doing a screen capture or copying a longer session on screen using the video capture tool. Basically, whatever is going on, on your screen is captured.

Snagit review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"Great tool - the picture is worth 1000 words (or more)"

What do you like best?

Screen shots can be easily annotated with graphics (e.g. shapes, arrows, text), cropped, and have inappropriate information blurred. Using Snag-It has saved many, many hours of explanations with users and technical staff. The callouts allow focus to go where it needs. This is used both for technical issues and for just highlighting things such as words on presentations or web pages that I want people to pay attention with.

What do you dislike?

Not all of the tools I frequently use are on the quick tool bar, so there are often a few extra clicks required. Learning how Snag-It works takes a bit of time. Like most productivity tools, each person will likely only use a small fraction of the total feature set and it would be nice if there were a "lite" version available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Purchasing in volume reduces per seat price. License can be used on both Mac and PC.

I use this to provide technical support to people with questions about software.

Snagit review by Jeff P.
Jeff P.

""Snagit & tag it!""

What do you like best?

I wanted to share my thoughts about a tiny but VERY powerful screen capture tool (and yes, that description DOES NOT do this this lil' program justice) TechSmith's award winning 'Snagit' !

Yes, as you may have guessed it is *surprise* the fitting and capable name of a screen capture and much more software program that allows the user to effortlessly capture whatever is on their screen and also issue a large assortment of editing tools in the process.

What's more, this "little engine that can" program also has the added bonus of being able to utilize callouts and stamps to communicate effectively, and also help create decent webcam recording via capturing video content on the same screen. TechSmith's website has numerous streaming vid clips to show how one can get the most out of this great little screen capture tool too.

I must say, upon trying to download my own screenshot of Snagit, my graphics PC was starting to act up and so I had to take a screenshot with my phone. Ironically I didn't use the awesome Snagit program that I am right here telling everyone about! ;)

Oooh, and before I comment on the 'Dislikes' (which there aren't really zip) Snagit also has a great new feature where a user can create their own animated .gifs!

What do you dislike?

I am still intensly trying to learn all I can about it in the time I can allow during TechSmith's free trial period, as the one somewhat major thing I do dislike would be the price tag of this product, usually around such rather diverse prices such as $20 buck to almost 50 bucks! Wait for coupons/specials!

Yes, the price tag my be the only realy thing holding this fine program from being tried out and possibly purchased more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, not much else to say that hasn't already been heaped upon Snagit as far as praise goes. Definately evaluate it via TechSmith's trial just to be sure if you really want to purchase it and a rather higher than normal price. However, I have seen quite a few online sites with specials in which the price for even the most recent version (12.2.1) is comparably more affordable.

Like my recent review of MapDiva's 'Artboard', Snagit is absolutely great when having to rush and work under the fly regarding capturing special background images for special streaming webcam conferences and if one needs to touch up anything, the added editing photo tools are a lifesaver working under the gun!

Learning about Snagit?

* We monitor all Snagit reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.