Snap Surveys

Snap Survey Software is a powerful survey software solution for survey design, administration, and analysis of surveys, in any language.

Work for Snap Surveys?

Learning about Snap Surveys?

Snap Surveys Reviews

Ask Snap Surveys a Question
Showing 11 Snap Surveys reviews
Snap Surveys review by <span>Meka J.</span>
Meka J.

"Way too hard to use for what it does. Also very expensive."

What do you like best?

I like the IDEA of this software. A program that will scan in results from hand-filled surveys? Sounds great! Unfortunately, this program does not deliver. Maybe it works better for the digital surveys, but the scanning capabilities are so bad.

What do you dislike?

This program is EXPENSIVE! You can use a free one, like Survey Monkey and get similar results for free. If you want complicated reporting, good luck. The sorting options for data are limited and hard to find/use. Overall, this program simply is not intuitive. It's programmed like an old software from the 90's, complete with ugly boxes and small font. You have to spend HOURS learning how to use it, and then it doesn't deliver on what is promises.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it. Save your money and a headache.

None. Except that it helped me to start brainstorming other survey solutions because I was getting so frustrated with Snap. Found a tutorial on Youtube on how to create my own data entry system using Microsoft Excel and create lovely, in-depth graphs of my results. So no, Snap Survey didn't solve any business problems, it caused me more. Will be advising my supervisor to cancel our subscription.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Snap Surveys
Snap Surveys review by <span>J L.</span>
J L.

"Cloud based survey app that's flexible and straight to the point"

What do you like best?

Snap surveys is an easy to use cloud based survey web application that is super easy to use. I have used it for about three months now and I haven't ran into major problems outside of user interface.

You can customize the database info and gathering so that you can get just the info you need for your spreadsheets.

I use this software's data base creation tools when doing market research or complete projects based on demographic findings.

The way the data is set up makes it easy to move things around and get to just what I need to view.

What do you dislike?

It took quite some time to learn the interface of the internet software and I sometimes don't understand the way the emailed reports are structured. This is simple to use, but you definitely have to get used to how small and compact everything is

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful when creating surveys and data reports, it's really easy to mix up data.

I can look up what I need on-demand. It puts my information together in a simple to read format that I can access anywhere. Modifying options and functions won’t negatively affect the response data entries.

What Survey solution do you use?

Snap Surveys review by <span>Robert B.</span>
Robert B.

"The Most Complete, Full Featured Survey Tool I Know of"

What do you like best?

Snap is a very mature, full-featured tool that allows for complex multi-modal, multi-lingual, survey projects where you need to have multiple data sources, seeding, weighting, scoring, derived calculated variables, pattern validation, automated reporting and alert triggers etc. After more than a dozen years of using it I'm still amazed how much you can do with it that is far beyond making surveys. I have even prototyped new software programs with it.

What do you dislike?

The user interface in Design mode is a little clunky, I wish there was more of a WYSIWYG aspect to it but it is a deep product so I understand why the "Drop Down" contextual interface is used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because Snap is so robust with so many features, there is a learning curve to consider. However, I'm told Snap is coming out with a web only survey tool that will no doubt make it survey design easier.

I have used Snap in various ways for my customers, some of which have become part the client's core operations. Snap works perfect for any type multi-modal (web, mobile, paper, etc.) research but in addition, I have used it for registration forms (with email alerts for confirmation), and new client lead generation forms, and much more complex surveys with automated Smart Reports with dynamic recommendations for health care companies.

Snap Surveys review by <span>rakesh k.</span>
rakesh k.

"Snap Surveys"

What do you like best?

Surverys can be made in multiple languages including arabic and urdu which was very helpful for me as my client is based in middle east. also the survey analysis tools is very easy to create analysis of the surveys.

What do you dislike?

There is no clear way to recognize what system is best for our firm, firstly we need to try few of them and then decide which is best for us. also, smart reports are bit complex to understand initially

Recommendations to others considering the product

It helps you no matter the size of your organization.

online surveys, mobile surveys, analysis of surveys and multi language surveys are what I'm using the most and it performs what the name says.

Snap Surveys review by <span>Tamara G.</span>
Tamara G.

"All-in-one survey software solution for professional users"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that everything is in the same software package. I can design and program my questionnaire in the software, link it to a customer database, host it on a secure server, send out invites and reminders to non-respondents and a summary report with charts is built automatically for me. That's just the basic functionality.

Online surveys work across all devices by default - mobile, pc and tablet.

In questionnaire design you add sliders and semantic scales, client logos and branding to make your surveys highly engaging. There are also essential survey best practice functions such as randomizing codes and seeding/piping/routing so that respondents are only asked the questions that are relevant to them.

What do you dislike?

Something I dislike in Snap is actually something I like too. There is so much functionality! This means if you are using the software sporadically you're going to need to speak to their very helpful support team and/or read their help-sheets or interactive e-learning.

I work with market research agencies on a freelance basis. My clients have used other survey packages in the past and really like what I can do with Snap.

Snap Surveys review by <span>George K.</span>
George K.

"All-in-one survey tool"

What do you like best?

Unlike some other survey software tools, Snap allows you to program, administer, and report on survey data using the same platform. It's fair easy to use and set up and is a less expensive option.

What do you dislike?

Administering the survey through both the program and the Snap online features is difficult. The software offers little to no real-time data and the reporting options within Snap are clunky and ugly. You are much better off running charts in Snap or exporting data to recreate charts and graphs in PowerPoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an inexpensive all-in-one tool, Snap is it. It is fairly difficult to learn and train on and ease of use is acquired after continual usage. Administration of surveys is difficult.

We used Snap Surveys for multiple ad-hoc and regular research studies for many years. It's a useful tool for basic market research analysis for small to mid-size firms. It's limiting capabilities and clunky functionality will force most first to look elsewhere as they grow beyond Snap.

Snap Surveys review by <span>Michael P. C.</span>
Michael P. C.

"Creating valid surveys and institutional reports using Snap Surveys"

What do you like best?

I found the ability to create online surveys using snap surveys via and external link to send to respondents was the fastest and best way to collect data. I found the ability to create surveys also user friendly, which helped create a more efficient tool. Also when I had an issue I always knew I could count on the Snap Surveys team to help me through a problem with the software if I was unsure how to proceed. Snap surveys become a resource I used on a daily basis when creating surveys and reporting on findings.

What do you dislike?

At times I found scanning paper surveys to be an issue. I was able to achieve my task, but took longer than creating an online survey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep improving the user friendly tools available to assist users the ability to create surveys.

Provided me the opportunity to develop a strategic vision across departments while examining and updating my strategic goals and my objectives. Snap Surveys assisted me complete while collecting data to gather useful metrics that assisted the department. I realized how Snap Surveys was able to help streamline the data collection process while creating multiple surveys at once, which assisted in providing accurate data to all departments. I also realized snap surveys was able to contribute to our data management approach by creating valid reports.

Snap Surveys review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Probably the most flexible survey tool i ever worked with"

What do you like best?

One of the best functionalities of Snap Surveys i have encountered is the flexibility in the database structure. Even when my research project is launched and online, and collecting answers, i can still adapt the questionnaire structure, add response code to questions, change the order of questions, without any effect on the colllected response data. The structure of the database is automatically adapted so that no data is lost or changes location or position within a specific question.

That is - by far - for me one of the main advantages when i use Snap Survey for my research projects.

What do you dislike?

There is some work to do on userfriendlyness, however a flexible tool with a lot of options remains a bit more complex in setting it up the way you want it. As Snap Survey software allows you to tailor everything, there are a lot of parameters to be set. Which explains why it might get a bit complex compared to more basic survey tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although the cost is democratic, you should decide to purchase Snap Survey if you want a professional tool with a lot of flexibility, and will be using it on a regular basis, as it can get quite complex. However, the Snap Support team is great and can help out on any questions or problems in a minimum of time.

I have been creating complex questionnaires for some of my clients, with full integration in their CRM suite, where data has been injected coming from another online form, and again, data has been exported/injected automatically towards another CRM software. Meanwhile, Snap calculated weighted average scores that where fed back to the respondent in real time, and sent to him in a mailreport... this pushed Snap Surveys to the limits, however illustrated the great flexibility the tool has. Above that, the survey was in 3 languages simultaneously and contained some other background calculations, realtime reporting interface and much more. My client, a big electricity company, was very happy about the solution we provided for them.

Snap Surveys review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Flexible and comprehensive data collection tool"

What do you like best?

Seamless integration of web, phone, paper, and mobile data collection. Also allows multiple languages which again can be funneled into one database.

What do you dislike?

Software is not very friendly for voice dictation. User manuel is a beast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is far superior to other tools we have used at a reasonable cost!

Collect web and paper based surveys using the same tool.

Snap Surveys review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Snap Survey Software "

What do you like best?

All the graphics and images are really helpful

What do you dislike?

The reports can sometimes be too automatic.

It has all the surveys needed from an HR perspective (EXIT survey, employee performance, benefits survey,etc)

Snap Surveys review by <span>Jennifer C.</span>
Jennifer C.

"Everyday Use"

What do you like best?

The option to add several different types of questions.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes slow to load when moving between questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is easy for both the consumer and the business.

Surveys for companies to improve their business

Learning about Snap Surveys?

* We monitor all Snap Surveys reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.