This short video explains how the SnapLogic Intelligent Intelligent Platform and its connector Snaps work, and also how both business managers and IT leaders benefit.
SnapLogic is the leader in self-service integration. The company’s Enterprise Integration Cloud makes it fast and easy to connect applications, data, APIs, and things.
Hundreds of Global 2000 customers — including Adobe, AstraZeneca, Box, GameStop, Verizon, and Wendy’s — rely on SnapLogic to automate business processes, accelerate analytics, and drive digital transformation.
SnapLogic was founded by data industry veteran Gaurav Dhillon and is backed by blue-chip investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Capital One, Ignition Partners, Microsoft, Triangle Peak Partners, and Vitruvian Partners. For a free trial, please visit www.snaplogic.com/free-trial
SnapLogic is a fast, multi-point and modern integration platform as a service (iPaaS). Delivered as an elastic, multi-tenant cloud service, with SnapLogic customers can easily connect cloud and on-premises data, applications and APIs and accelerate business agility. Unlike legacy integration tools, SnapLogic is designed to be a single platform that can handle multiple styles of integration. Event-based real-time integration, big data integration, cloud to cloud, cloud to ground and/or hybrid integration use cases are supported. Here are 7 specific differences of the SnapLogic iPaaS:
1. It is built to handle structured and unstructured data
2. It is built to handle streaming and batch app and data integration requirements
3. It goes beyond point-to-point integration
4. It is built for hybrid integration use cases
5. It is a multi-tenant, software-defined cloud service
6. It is built to scale out elastically
7. The UX is designed for citizen integrators