Snappa

4.8

Snappa is a graphic design tool for digital marketers and small businesses that create highly engaging images without the help of a graphic designer.

Work for Snappa?

Learning about Snappa?

Snappa Reviews

Showing 16 Snappa reviews
Snappa review by Adam W.
Adam W.

"Very good, does what it needs to do. "

What do you like best?

Preferred the UI to that of canva when they started getting a bit too arty with it all.

Liked the simplicity and especially preferred a few months ago for making more professional / B2B type images. The edit options just made it easier to do quick things quicker.

What do you dislike?

HATE that you can't save designs on the freemium.

Though, that said, it made me convert, but then it has to work extra hard to keep me, since that's a default on other free options.

Haven't seen as much product development in areas that I would have liked as much, nothing really new that wasn't there on launch that makes me think this is growing, iterating or improving - that said, it's pretty damn good if this is what you need anyway. Conversely though, Canva and others are adding quickly (sometimes stuff I don't need) but their templates have sucked me back over. Again, speed.

Social media pictures, graphics, light image editing for background images, placeholders, etc.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Snappa
Snappa review by Keiko Z.
Keiko Z.

"My Go-To Tool For Social Media Imagery"

What do you like best?

I love that Snappa comes pre-loaded with every possible set of dimensions for every major social media platform — and keeps them updated. The templates also give me a ton of flexibility in being able to create messaging for a wide variety of clients and industries.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of how images uploaded by the user are managed; it's too disorganized for me. If I could group my uploaded images by folder, it would make searching for imagery that much faster and easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great value for the feature set and ease of use.

Snappa saves me time and energy while still allowing me to flex my creative muscle. I can create visual content for my clients and myself faster and smarter.

What Vector Graphics solution do you use?

Snappa review by James S.
James S.

"Great product, personal service, affordable price"

What do you like best?

I am able to quickly and easily create quality graphics without being a graphic design wizard. Their support is palso very responsive and helpful. The cost has allowed me to direct more of my non-infinate capital into other front-end areas.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything fundamental I dislike about Snappa. Maybe provide an option for plain colour borders. When I try to create one with the option available I inevitably muck it up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a new business you can spend big chunks of your capital on design programs or designers. The thing is, in most cases it's misdirected spend. Snappa frees up that capital for more important uses i.e. the front end.

I started Trimly.com.au to test the market i.e. learn more about my product and market on a shoe-string budget. Without Snappa I would not have been able to create half the graphics on my website or social media platforms. More comprehensive graphic design programs scare me, nor do I have the time to fiddle with them. Importantly, It has been a cost effective way to put together quality graphics quickly and easily. The Snappa team have also been very responsive in my requests for assistance and feedback.

Snappa review by Dave B.
Dave B.

"Easy to use, great looking results"

What do you like best?

Snappa is very easy to use and has a lot of great features. The developers are updating it all the time and coming out with new tools and add-ons. They really seem to take customer feedback into account when updating.

What do you dislike?

The stock photos they give you can be good, but you have to search through a lot of mediocre options first. For the price of the software, it kind of makes sense that you would only be able to use free stock photos. The image search could be a little better. Still, there's the option to upload your own photos, so you're not just limited to what Snappa provides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Snappa is a great tool to use for image creation. It has a lot of tools and features and they are constantly updating it based on user feedback. At least once a month, I receive an email from the creator detailing the new updates and what they are working on at the moment. I signed up for the service while it was still in beta mode, and was able to get locked into the Pro Subscription for a really low price, >$10/month. For the amount that I use Snappa, that was a steal. I believe that even at it's current price, $10/month for a Pro account as of this review, it is worth it. There is a free option, but if you can only download or share 5 creations a month. If you're unsure, I'd recommend trying the Free option first.

I use Snappa to create a lot of social media images. Mostly, I use it for blogs, as the templates they provide work very well. They have a lot of pre-made templates that are good for inspiration, ideas, and starting points to create your own.

Snappa review by Germán Andrés C.
Germán Andrés C.

"Beautiful graphic pieces made in the easy way for non-designers"

What do you like best?

It's a great tool for non-designers. If you need an easy way of designing great graphic pieces for social media, email marketing and websites this tool can help you a lot. It has predefined sizes for every social network and even you can resize a design you made if you need it for a different social network.

The photo library is huge and all the elements are free for personal and commercial use.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing bad about the tool. Really the prices are affordable and you can get very good results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool can help you to get beautiful and professional looking graphic pieces, but you must have a concrete goal in your publications.

If you need graphic pieces and you don't have a graphic designer available, this tool can get you out of trouble.

Snappa review by User

"Creates images for different social networks quickly and easily"

What do you like best?

Once I posted an image of people in my company at a conference, and Twitter cropped the image so only their torsos showed! How awful. This tool knows the right sizes for different social media sites (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and creating new images is easy. I also have Creative Suite on my computer (photoshop, adobe illustrator) but I use this tool instead for quick social post images. Love it.

What do you dislike?

You have to explicitly save each image, sometimes I navigate away from a tab and the image isn't saved.

There's no align feature (where you select a couple of items in the view and can line them all up). When moving items around in the "canvas" it will show you which things line up with which other things...so it's good, but this pairwise view gets tedious for multiple items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it!

Make our company's social posts more vivid with snappy images and make my life easier by helping me create them faster.

Snappa review by Becky S.
Becky S.

"It makes me feel like a designer (even though I'm not!) ;)"

What do you like best?

It's extremely easy to create images for social posts. They literally have all of the dimensions right there for you. It's great!

What do you dislike?

I use this and Canva and I do have to say Canva is a little bit easier to use. I don't think that Snappa is as user friendly, but I'm certainly not saying that it's difficult!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it out! It's a great tool and I don't think it's as recognizable as Canva when it comes to their images.

Not having to bug my designer every time I need an image created. It's so simple with this tool!

Snappa review by Scott C.
Scott C.

"Works Great"

What do you like best?

Snappa is a great solution for creating and modifying custom image files. It offers plenty of options, while still being easy to use. I also particularly appreciate the fact that they do not send me five emails a week attempting to upsell me with additional add-on services or pimp out my email address to their "Strategic Partners" like so many SaaS providers.

What do you dislike?

No criticism for this product. It suits my needs well.

This product solves my problem of having zero budget for creative custom media.

Snappa review by Administrator

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

It is really easy to use and suitable for those who are not graphic designers.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a better selection of pictures. One of the industries I work for is Tiny Homes and Construction, the other is a nonprofit for incarcerated individuals. They do not have any Tiny Home pictures and few for the nonprofit. I have to get created with my captions applying to the pictures I select.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great and easy to use tool for social media.

Marketing

Snappa review by Kim D.
Kim D.

"Snappa is all I use for Social Media graphics"

What do you like best?

I've used a handful of other tools for social media sharing images. I love how easy it is to resize images in Snappa for other platforms. The ability to drag a group of two items makes the resizing image that much easier as well.

What do you dislike?

The addition of new templates to the library is a little slow & inconsistent.

Creating images to share on multiple social platforms, brand awareness & consistency in posting.

Snappa review by Stefano B.
Stefano B.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to create images for your social activities, with all the right dimensions and formats. A good selection of fonts, many images and you can save all your works online.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to use it on Safari but it's not possible

I use it for my post on Facebook or twitter

Snappa review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

I love this tool. Easy to use, fun, seemingly endless possibilities. Beautiful graphics, easy access to stock photography, user friendly, helpful staff.

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing. Maybe an easier way to save graphics you've created in the past.

Also choosing pixel size can be confusing - it would be great if you could change the pixel size while working on a picture? Sometimes I need more space than I initially think I do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely pay for the full product. Use their templates at first.

increase of professionalism, brand awareness and identity, aestheticism

Snappa review by Jonas N.
Jonas N.

"Easy - cheap and it just works!"

What do you like best?

That I can choose the image size and a colored tranparant background for text blocks

What do you dislike?

To bad that you can't add images directly from stocksnap but it might become available at a later time.

Images for blog posts

Snappa review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"I feel like a professional designer"

What do you like best?

Templates, social media layout already there. Colors, icons, options, everything.

What do you dislike?

I mostly use it in Spanish and its hard to include special characters, you eventually manage to do it but would be great to make it easier to include any character from any language as long as your keyboard or OS supports it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go use it right now. Its free version is almost as good as the paid one. Feel like a pro.

Immediate content. Creation of social media content easy, fast and affordable.

Snappa review by User in Computer Software

"An elegant solution"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface, great library of stock photography, inspiring templates. As a non designer this service has saved me a lot of time and impressed a few clients.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of any issues that I dislike.

Professional presentations and web graphics.

Snappa review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Great graphic tool"

What do you like best?

It's a good easy to use online Web based tool for creating Web pages.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't found any negative points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you looking for a good Web based tool for Web pages, this is a good one to try.

I'm trying a few Web tools to create a website. So trialing this software to see how easy it would be for me.

Learning about Snappa?

* We monitor all Snappa reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.