Sniply

Learning about Sniply?

Sniply Reviews

Ask Sniply a Question
Showing 18 Sniply reviews
Sniply review by Gretchen L.
Gretchen L.

"Capture Audience Interest and Move to Funnel With Others Content"

What do you like best?

I always hesitated to share content in my social feed for fear that I would send an otherwise great lead to my competitor. This tool is essentially a link shortener that allows you track engagement but with a twist. When someone clicks on the link you shortened a CTA also appears that you create.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of websites that don't support iframes so you can't use on everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of those tools that is too easy not to at least try. The full power of the tool won't come to light until you actually start using it. Then the light will go off and you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.

Snip.ly helps plug leaks in customer flows. We can keep their interest even from content that we didn't write but rather shared or commented on.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sniply
Sniply review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"The link between curated content and your website"

What do you like best?

We spend a lot of time sharing other peoples articles and blogs o social media, but there is no "call to action" back to our website. Sniply fills this void with a web pop-up banner at the bottom of most websites. They allow payment for only the features you need - a great set-up! Recommended as a necessity for heavy users of social media.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't work on every site, and there is not whole lot of customization. To be honest, we have not seen a whole lot of return from this product - but for $5/month it seems like even if we get one person a year back to our brand than it was worth our time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Upgrade to get customization options in line with your brand guidelines. The ability to customize colors is absolutely necessary. They are flexibe with payments and can give you a custom plan to pay for the exact features you need. Worth it, and not expensive.

Social media can sometimes send people AWAY from your site and/or brand message - Sniply helps reel them back in to your original goal: sales/influence/brand awareness. It seems silly to share articles without using it! A must for social media.

What Content Marketing solution do you use?

Sniply review by David J.
David J.

"A very useful tool to increase conversion rate and web traffic"

What do you like best?

Sniply is simple to use but very effective in terms of social media marekting tool . I loved that I was able to have all the analytics and options I need to get things going and see ROI in a matter of months.

What do you dislike?

It is limited in designs.The analytics are weak, we can see clicks on buttons, but actual conversions are difficult to track.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sniply is so useful software. As a professional who takes on many roles, it's beneficial to consolidate as much as I can.

By Using Sniply , we often link to external websites when posting on social media, and the content often ties back to something on our own website.

Sniply review by Ramona S.
Ramona S.

"Good Idea, No Way to Know"

What do you like best?

Makes you feel less guilty about sharing content that's not your own; allows you to share valuable external content with your audience, but still keep your brand top of mind and drive traffic/leads back to your website.

What do you dislike?

The analytics are weak, we can see clicks on buttons, but actual conversions are difficult to track even with the cookie installed. As a HubSpot user, I wish there was an integration that made this data easier to see

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool in theory, but make sure that you can actually track its performance before fully investing. There are also free alternatives available such as smol.io

Content Sharing! As mentioned above, it's great for killing two birds with one stone; sharing others content and yours simultaneously.

Sniply review by Heather M.
Heather M.

"Good tool in theory but has not very effective for us"

What do you like best?

Snip.ly is a great idea in theory, especially for marketing/social media teams who spend a lot of time curating content to share from sites that aren't their own. It's nice to be able to brand our tweets and other social shares. We particularly like the feed function which automatically "snips" new content from any RSS feeds you'd like it to.

What do you dislike?

Snip.ly works on a freemium model, with only limited functionality for those with free accounts which is ok, however for what the tool does the paid accounts are priced a bit steep. In addition, we are yet to see any real results from Snip.ly so far so it's hard to really show any ROI. (Yet! I'll update this when we do)

And then, of course, there's the ethical issue; is it fair to other bloggers to display your content over theirs and use a redirect that doesn't give them traffic from your message?

We're still pretty on the fence as to whether we will continue using Snip.ly.

We initially tried out Snip.ly as a means to help us drive traffic to our content and generate more leads through our social media efforts. We're still yet to see much of a return just yet, though we do like having our brand display on our social media content.

Sniply review by Hyder O.
Hyder O.

"I use Sniply as part of TheRedPin's social media marketing strategy"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily customize Sniply's features to fit brand messaging and colours is by far my favourite aspect of Sniply.

Plus, the ability to drive social media engagement is a big reason why we chose Sniply.

What do you dislike?

At times, editing already published links can be a bit cumbersome. Also, certain social media websites (e.g. LinkedIn), are not compatible causing Sniply not to appear. Analytics are not the most robust.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend using at least the first tier paid version. It opens up far more possibility.

Sniply is helping to bolster company's messaging and reach, by allowing brand associated links and blog posts to "piggy back" on bigger newspapers in the same space.

Sniply review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Stay in front of your audience, no matter the source, through sniply."

What do you like best?

I really like how easy Sniply is to use - the interface has been pleasing thus far. I didn't have to read tons of material to get started and you get to see live updates as you edit the call to action and links. Sniply has allowed us to share meaningful content to our audiences without consistently pushing our own content.

What do you dislike?

Sniply uses iframe technology to load web pages and sites with high security settings block iframes. I don't think sites will go out of their way to support sniply, I just wish there was a better way to get full support. Although I only just started using the tool, I would love to see the color customization integrated in the free version. We can only customize to a certain degree without paying for the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great, free product to use in your content marketing strategy. Start sharing meaningful articles but keep your product/site front of mind.

We have wanted to share content with users that we've shared on other sites or that has been written by authors we value and trust. We are seeing new users come to our site and learn more about our products. It's been a great way to be thought leaders in the tech space without having to spam users with branded product/content.

Sniply review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great tool for generating high-quality traffic"

What do you like best?

We use Sniply within our social media strategy. We share a lot of other thought-leader's content, and we use Sniply to drive specific leads to relevant pages in our website. The traffic increase hasn't been huge since we've started using Sniply, but the quality of the leads is excellent. These users will spend on average of 16 minutes on our website and visit an average of 5 pages.

What do you dislike?

The Chrome plug-in crashes relatively often (I'm experiencing at least once a day) and the integration within Buffer is a bit slow. Otherwise I find it great and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation for other users is this: Make sure your Sniply CTA and landing page is going to be relevant to those customers you are targeting with your content. Don't expect to see high-quality leads if you lead them to generic landing pages that have no relevance to the content they were engaging in.

Previous to using Sniply, we we struggling to get Social Media leads to our website. Especially because people engage with us a lot more when we post non-promotional content. With Sniply, we are striking an excellent balance of being able to share valuable content, and generating leads.

Sniply review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Unobtrusive means to brand short links and filter traffic"

What do you like best?

1) The ability to brand with our logo.

2) The placement of the CTA - corner of the screen is way less obtrusive than most options - which I'm personally a fan of.

3) Driving traffic to our website, or other relevant places. Trackable and works well with Google Analytics.

What do you dislike?

1) Doesn't work with all sites - ALWAYS test the link before posting.

2) I've not invested in the paid version, though I see value. Pricing is a tad steep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it.

We often link to external websites when posting on social media, and the content often ties back to something on our own website. Snip.ly provides the best of both worlds - the ability to drive traffic elsewhere and still refer back to your brand and your content.

Sniply review by Amber B.
Amber B.

"A+ for call-to-action "

What do you like best?

Snip.ly is an awesome idea, especially for content and strategists. Sharing is easier and the software is customizable which is nice for allowing different features with different contractors.

What do you dislike?

some platforms are easier to use than others, some crashing, some weird spam issues and just overall glitches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure this platform works for all accounts you are looking to integrate. I love that it works at converting!

I love snip.ly for streamlining. As a professional who takes on many roles, it's beneficial to consolidate as much as I can. I am willing to try anything that helps with smaller tasks.

Sniply review by Idael D.
Idael D.

"Very useful for marketers "

What do you like best?

the chrome extension is good, and make it super easy to use

What do you dislike?

the limit in the free version to 1000 clicks / month

tracking people clicking in links from others blogs that we share

Sniply review by Matthew Z.
Matthew Z.

"Great tool to leverage curated content."

What do you like best?

I really liked how easy Sniply is to set up and the amount of potential it has in the free version alone.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the CTA's aren't able to be displayed on certain sites. I'm not sure if this is something they could fix.

Driving traffic to our site via curated content.

Sniply review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"Increase Conversions and Website Traffic with Sniply"

What do you like best?

Love being able to share content from outside sources and be able to layer my own CTA over their content.

What do you dislike?

Customization options, analytics, and the user being able to enter anything in the email signup form to count as a conversion. Wish they had email address verification (ie - enter a valid address).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend to others who spend a lot of time sharing content.

Increasing conversion goals, driving more traffic to customer's sites, increasing brand awareness.

Sniply review by Allison G.
Allison G.

"Genius!"

What do you like best?

It takes me 2 minutes to make a Sniply and share on social.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I share the sniply link on Twitter if flags it as "spam." This can be annoying and I often give in and just share the regular link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version first until you figure out the kinks. The free version might be all you need to help your page views.

Sniply allows me to get my content on major websites. It allows us to share relevant content with the big-wigs - you can't beat that!

Sniply review by Michael R.
Michael R.

"Convert Social Media Views into Sales"

What do you like best?

- easy integration with twitter and facebook

- allows for tracking of clicks and overall conversion rate

- has an API for hootsuite (really awesome twitter app!)

What do you dislike?

- interface was difficult to learn at first

- confusing dashboard

- too many options/intergrations

Sniply allows for businesses to convert Social Media posts into sales traffic. Social media is a powerful platform but normally needs a professional to convert posts into sales. Sniply allows everyone to take this on.

Sniply review by Brittnee M.
Brittnee M.

"Social Media Coordinator"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to monitor engagement amongst the community and track the results with our consumers.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything really, the work is being done for us for the most part and it's nice to have that option around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product for those that need management with their content.

We're solving conversation and getting people to explore our other pages as well as our main page.

Sniply review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Exceptional Tool, Fair Price"

What do you like best?

It was extremely simple and intuitive. I loved that I was able to have all the analytics and options I need to get things going and see ROI in a matter of months.

What do you dislike?

Limited in designs. They had about 4 base "pop-ups", but it was enough to get things out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's no other tool like it on the market. Get it now before it's too late!

I wanted to make sure that we would get more out of our social sharing initiatives. I've used it on several products, when the time comes I will sign up for it again.

Sniply review by User in International Affairs
User in International Affairs

"Sniply: A Passive User's Review"

What do you like best?

I like how it can track analytics related to your call to action.

What do you dislike?

You have to use the Sniply website to create your customized URL -- it's inconvenient to use on the go.

It tracks the analytics of my tweets.

Learning about Sniply?

* We monitor all Sniply reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.