SOAPUI

SOAPUI is a cross-platform functional testing solution that provides a graphical interface and allows you to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance, and load tests.

Work for SOAPUI?

Learning about SOAPUI?

SOAPUI Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 35 SOAPUI reviews
SOAPUI review by Agostinho d.
Agostinho d.

"very good tool for testing applications SOA"

What do you like best?

Uso SoapUI en su versión 5.3.0. Lo uso todos los días en mi trabajo y me parece una herramienta muy buena cuando desarrollo un servicio web y necesito probarlo para saber si funciona correctamente y no tiene problemas.

SoapUI tiene una buena interfaz, me parece muy cómodo y fácil de usar. admite múltiples protocolos como SOA, HTTP y Rest que son los más utilizados al desarrollar un servicio web

What do you dislike?

In all this time that I have used SoapUI I could not say something negative, I find it very good application and until now I have not had any problem with it

Recommendations to others considering the product

very good software to develop web services to test them completely without necessarily having data and see if they work correctly

At the time of developing the SOA Oracle web service, I almost always use SoaUI to test it and see that everything works correctly, it is a very good alternative to test all the services I develop before mounting them on the Bus.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SOAPUI
SOAPUI review by Luciano Exequiel F.
Luciano Exequiel F.

"Great for testing out API's"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of which you can test a WebService.

You just load the WSDL address, and get all the methods it has posted.

Then you submit your variables and get a result.

Easy as that.

What do you dislike?

It might take a while to load, and the visual interface could be more lean.

Saving projects can be a little confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a developer and need to try and use WebServices, this app is great for you, as it will save you a lot of time.

You will get a better understanding of what variables you are suppose to send and receive when using WebServices, making your software best prepared to face different scenarios.

Its a must have app, and its free.

Its a great debugging tool.

I use it a lot, to test out webservices, saving me a lot of time as I can try out the WebService before implementing it in my code.

I also recommend it to another devs that might be using my webservices to try them out and save time.

What Test Automation solution do you use?

SOAPUI review by GS Rajesh  V.
GS Rajesh V.

"Best opensource tool in market for API Testing"

What do you like best?

1. I'm using this tool from last 4 yrs, trained many.. as of now you can't get any better tool for free.

2. I have also used ReadyAPI (paid version of SoapUI) which is much easy to use.

3. I would like to recommend to all beginners to start with soapUI to get better hands on with Groovy.

4. Most of my client like the training we provided on soapUI for their project.

5.Most importantly Smartbear team regularly stays in contact with you for training and improvements in the application for their latest enhancements.

6. Latest version soapUI can do most of the job which are available in enterprise version.

7. It can test Both SOAP & REST API services, it provides output in XML format.

What do you dislike?

given the open source tool to use I don't have any complaints to fix for this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best Automation tool for API's in market for free

I have implemented automation framework for some of my clients which are pretty successful.

SOAPUI review by James T.
James T.

"Extremely good SOAP message IDE"

What do you like best?

SOAP UI hides a lot of the message details which are most-commonly not needed (for example security configuration), but when needed, can be easily exposed and modified as necessary.

What do you dislike?

For the most part the GUI behaves nicely, but one thing in particular (and yes it's a small thing) that I find extremely annoying is the auto-resizing of SOAP UI windows that you have open. I think the GUI tries to be "smart" and help resize things for you, but as I switch between SOAP UI windows I end up having to constantly resize my SOAP UI windows back to my liking...A small gripe, but no less annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Small GUI gripes aside, this is still an excellent product.

I design, develop, and test SOAP messages using SOAP UI.

SOAPUI review by Joe H.
Joe H.

"Excellent Tool for Web Service Development/Testing"

What do you like best?

SoapUI allows you to very quickly test web service calls. The interface is intuitive and allows you to tinker with service calls in a very productive way. You can tweak the inputs and get immediate feedback.

What do you dislike?

Being cross-platform, the UI is a bit dated looking - it's got that standard, Java-UI look to it. Still workable, just not as modern-looking as a standard Windows app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't use this tool every day, but when I need it, it definitely does its job!

This tool is priceless when it comes time for an app/website to make calls into a service to retrieve data. It closes the loop on the request/response debugging and allows for quicker development times.

SOAPUI review by User

"Good Tool for Automated Testing"

What do you like best?

Simple, Nice and Clean Interface. Easy to script the Test Cases with Groovy Scripting. Lot of assertion options. Provides support for REST and SOAP Testing. Easy to group all the test cases and execute them with a defined set of Virtual Users for doing a quick performance testing of the REST or SOAP End Points. Nice features to configure the Performance testing with Virtual Users, Times, Hits per Min etc.,

What do you dislike?

Features are limited in the Open Source version in compared to the Professional Licensed Version. Version control of the script is not supported. Cannot run the same test case with a list of defined test data injected externally via Database or an Excel sheet which is supported only in the pro version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very nice tool for automating the test cases. Saves a lot of time to execute the regression t

Automated the End to End Testing of the REST and SOAP End Points with the help of SOAP UI Test Scripts.

"User Interface"

What do you like best?

SOAP UI has an awesome interface to work with. I am using this tool from last 4 and half years in my work. I don't think you can get any better tool than SOAP UI for free.It can test Both SOAP & REST API services, it provides output in XML format.Most of my client like the training we provided on soapUI for their project. I would like to recommend all my friends out there to start using SOAP UI in their work, BECAUSE IT IS AMAZING!!!. I would like to recommend to all beginners to start with soapUI to get better hands on with Groovy. Latest version soapUI can do most of the job which are available in enterprise version. I have also used ReadyAPI (paid version of SoapUI) which is much easy to use. It can test Both SOAP & REST API services, it provides output in XML format. Go ahead and start using this tool.

What do you dislike?

It hangs sometimes, arghhhh!!!! But cool. Given the fact that this is an open source tool and free, you can still modify it based upon your requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best tool for free to use in your work. This helps us automate API's on the go and same code can be used for multiple projects with no hassle.

Automation, Yayyyy!!! Yes keep calm and automate. I have implemented lot of automation projects with this tool and they all have been pretty successful.

SOAPUI review by Foluke A.
Foluke A.

"Good tool for testing webservices"

What do you like best?

Light weight and simplicity

Make it quite easy to test and debug web services without necessarily writing a list of codes

Automated xml generated makes life pretty easy, and this will contain all the methods which is one of the best feature.

What do you dislike?

Replication of failed services

UI of the tool can be improved to be lore appealing to users

The error display are not quite descriptive for easy resolution

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very useful and easy to use tool for testing webservices(SOAP or REST), there are other features in the tool that can be utilized if you can study them properly

Testing multiple webservice provided by client for intergration. This application has saved me so much time to test and debug these websevice especially when my task involves integration with more 40 webservice from various vendors with series of issues associated with them. SoapUI makes it easy to test them without writing any code, Also the generated xml(Request / Response) simplifies my work, i just have to copy/ paste then edit the entries to suit my task

SOAPUI review by ankit k.
ankit k.

"Its Feature Rich,and Best for Soap Services"

What do you like best?

We can import test cases and can trigger soap services as well as REST services.

the Result can be viewed in the format which ever you like.

Say JSON,XML etc

I have used it for getting the test loaded in the SOAP UI so that I can test REST services quickly.

Its better than POSTMAN

What do you dislike?

Its a very heavy client and slows down the system.

When comparing to post man it is very slow, but considering the features that it provides its okay

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes its worth to use.

It has enterprise features which can be purchased according to the need of the individual or the enterprise.

Which is not the case with the other Web service testing tools and the option to see the various types of output from the same output, You do not require a separate plugin if you need a output in json,xml or any other format.

We use the tool to tweak our REST and Soap Services, So it can be consumed by the fronted later.

SOAPUI review by Shankar C.
Shankar C.

"SOAPUI is very useful to test REST calls"

What do you like best?

with this tool we can test REST calls and datapower calls very easily and can save lot of time and you can save the all links as project in this tool.

What do you dislike?

you need to learn how to work this tool initially, its not self explanatory some body needs to help you on this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes I will defenetly recommend this one

you can test end points very easily with out heavy debugging of your code.

you can test the rest call response with out debugging.

you can validate endpoints for different validations like type and wsdl output

SOAPUI review by Donna Faye O.
Donna Faye O.

"SoapUI Review"

What do you like best?

The user interface of SOPAUI is clean and easy to use, The ability to import .wsdl files also makes it easy to test systems that have hundreds of APIs.

What do you dislike?

The windows that pop up for each API can be better organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Minimize windows that you are not currently using to make it easier to go back to when you have multiple windows open.

SOAPUI allows us to test the functionality and integration of our headend systems even when the mobile clients are not yet ready. This allows us to deliver our projects without having to wait for the applications to be deployed to us, which may take anywhere from a few weeks to months after the headend systems are ready.

SOAPUI review by Sara Z.
Sara Z.

"Fantastic tool to test Web Services!"

What do you like best?

For me, SOAPUI is a great tool fort testing Web Services. It allows you to create SOAP and REST projects and once this is done you can simulate calls to this services. Besides, this tool is able to generate the wadl files of each call that you have defined. You can define test cases, load WSDL files... In my opinion is a tool that all web developer should, at least, use in some occassion.

What do you dislike?

It is a tool that helps me with the task of testing Web Services, so I am quite happy with it. Maybe one thing that I do not like so much is the organization of the working windows. Each panel shows many information and fields, what it turns into a little caotic window. Nevertheless, I totally recommend this tool so I have not got any more negative points to add.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is better than other similars tools because, for example, SOAPUI allows you to connect to web services without the need of adding security certificates.

It helps me to test Web Services that my workmates or I have developed, in a simple and quickly way.

SOAPUI review by ArJuN A.
ArJuN A.

"'must have' tool for SOAP testing"

What do you like best?

The functionality of SOAP UI is a must-to-have for any web service developer and i find the tool excellent and really appreciate the work on it..It provide good assert method and reports. It provides nice support Plugin in Eclipse.Excellent tool to get started with web service testing and deep dive later as you get more insight into the tool and the technology..intuitive and interactive gui stacked with useful features makes web service functional and performance testing a breeze...and last but not the least an excellent support team which seems to be on top of every problem you face...

What do you dislike?

An essential tool with a truly awful interface (kind of ironic given the app has UI in its name). Seriously, hire a *real* UX expert to re-tool the interface. Given that testing usually has to pick up the slack from others' late delivery, the last thing I need is to waste time struggling with a sub-standard UI (that ignores every sensible convention) to do my job. It may be just the Mac version, but trying to move tests within projects or steps between projects is an exercise in frustration. Scrolling through the Navigator dragging a step or test is a sometimes thing - most of the time I have to drop a test or a step part way and then pick it up again to move it to where I need it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

when trying to resize windows, the cursor that lets you resize both vertically and horizontally is REALLY difficult to find it; it's like only one pixel will activate it.

Its a good tool for testing webservice. Almost no one can ignore that. We solved all webservices based business problems to our clients and they were very happy with the things.

SOAPUI review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="a90aed6d-ba8f-48db-a12b-ddf27bf50ce5">Avinash S.</span>
Avinash S.
" itemprop="name" />

"Best tool for Testing soap services"

What do you like best?

We need to provide end point of our service, It'll fetch all the methods with sample xml request, Its a best feature on this tool. Also we can add many projects with different- different service end points those will be saved in our local drive.

What do you dislike?

UI is not supporting for 4K screen size laptop, because of this i have reduced my screen size to use this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always create project and save those in your local drive location for backup of those project. So you can easily move those project to another system and use them without creating project for existing services again.

Its very helpful for testing our service. currently in my project have many services for those i have created many project on it. for testing i'm calling those service request which were created automatically while adding service end point.

SOAPUI review by Jiahao L.
Jiahao L.

"Great product and works well, with a few bugs"

What do you like best?

The functionality works great. Very reliable when it comes to the actual web service testing.

UI is pretty simple and straightforward.

Fairly lightweight of an application.

Love the auto-format XML feature.

What do you dislike?

Creating a new project with an unsuccessful project generation still results in the bad project being added under the same name as if the project was good. This is annoying when having to go back to delete the bad projects.

Structure of saving projects and requests are a bit confusing.

UI is simple, but a bit outdated.

Validation errors are usually not very descriptive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the basics and establish a save structure before creating too many projects and everything becomes unorganized.

Testing web services

SOAPUI review by Florin S.
Florin S.

"A great tool for a service oriented product"

What do you like best?

It's fast and easy to just fire up the program and test something out quick.

You can save multiple calls with different data to the same url.

It has xml/json/text/multipart support.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit to familiarize with the functionality but once you do it makes sense how everything's structured and it's easy to work with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a lot of stuff here to make your life easier, setting up multiple endpoints per request, choosing rest method, url params along with different media types. Just read through the docs a bit or try going through the app and checking everything before making up your mind about it.

Quickly testing out/debugging services as they are being built. Testing/debugging production issues easy, fast and safe.

SOAPUI review by Johameli M.
Johameli M.

"Soapui is a very versatile application!"

What do you like best?

I like it because it is a very versatile application that allows me to test, simulate and generate web services code quickly, starting with the contract in WSDL format and with a SOAP link over HTTP

What do you dislike?

I don´t have any dislike with this software!

It allows me to easily generate the skeleton of a request. I just have to fill it with the values ​​we want to try and that's it, that saves me a lot of time in the programming projects!

SOAPUI review by User in Computer Software

"Fantastic Program for Testing Web Services"

What do you like best?

SoapUI excels in allowing a developer to test and interact with deployed web services. SoapUI obviously works with SOAP endpoints, but also works with JSON requests as well. I've only used the program to test SOAP services and it does it surprisingly well. By supplying the application a WSDL file (either locally or on the web), it's able to create sample requests for each action belonging to the WSDL. It can really save a lot of time when testing and interacting with services. Another huge plus is that it is a cross platform application. I use both the OSX and Windows version on a daily basis. There is also a portable version of the app which I keep on a flash drive for using on various Windows machines. This is a very handy feature.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a bit dated and somewhat buggy. From time to time, buttons and menus will appear hidden or be hard to find. This seems to be an issue when working on smaller displays (or HiDPI displays such as the MacBook Pro). I've also noticed that these UI issues are more prevalent on the OSX build of the application. It is less noticeable on the Windows version of the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend giving SoapUI a shot if you are a developer that is actively testing web services using either SOAP or JSON. I'm a fairly basic user of this application and I'm sure it has a lot more to offer than what I've discovered.

It has helped me, as a developer, test various web services. Particularly, I'm testing SOAP services. I'm developing an iOS application which needs to interface with the SOAP services by sending requests and reading the data that is returned. This has saved me countless hours compared to trying to manually craft a SOAP request using another tool.

SOAPUI review by Leif K.
Leif K.

"SOAP UI is powerful, but has some drawbacks"

What do you like best?

The free open source SOAP UI version is great for making simple web service mocks with 0 lines of code by just pointing to the WSDL file for the web service. Beyond that it is very powerful for for making advanced dynamic mock services and complex test suites to test the functionality of your developed code to host a web service. The real power is the Groovy script functionality that essentially lets you write Java-like code to manipulate requests/responses for web services and make assertions about the correctness of the responses. It even allows you to directly access a database to verify the content if it was modified by a web service, as well as use file input/output within the Groovy script. Overall it's a very valuable tool to learn to use if you are developing or testing web services.

What do you dislike?

SOAP UI has really bad documentation on usage of advanced features for the free version so it is hard to dig through the various posts that give hints about how to actually use the Groovy script functionality. A lot of it was piecing things together and trial/error for me. There are also a lot of problems with the amount of memory SOAP UI requires growing to the point where the program crashes. This can be alleviated somewhat if you allocate a very large amount of memory to it on startup and select some specific options about logging levels, but I still think this is a general stability problem with the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you only need a simple mock service or want to put the time in to learn the program's advanced features, SOAP UI has a lot to offer in terms of functionality and power for software testing of web services.

I've been able to make a large number of mock web services and complex test suites for verification of web service functionality for my job.

SOAPUI review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Works Well For Testing Service Requests"

What do you like best?

Easy efficient interface, I use for testing our servlets. Building projects is easy and makes everything reusable.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of yet. Interface could use a bit of modernization, but I am on an older version because our company has yet to update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. Solid product that does what it says.

Testing servlets for proper response based on request, executing requests to update processes which are having issues

SOAPUI review by User in Internet

"A must have tool for testing web services"

What do you like best?

Testing our soap and rest web services are very convenient through soap ui tool. This tool is very user friendly and easy to use. You can setup test cases as well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It works fine what it intends to do. Very fast tool.

I am using it to test soap and rest services.

SOAPUI review by MUHAMMAD H.
MUHAMMAD H.

"Free Testing tool for Secured Transactions"

What do you like best?

We can leverage the tool on any platform for secured testing for different API's and Protocols.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, it works for me very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this tool.

Sometime you can't send outbound calls without having a secured platform, for that purpose soupui is the better solution in webservices.

SOAPUI review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Testing Web Projects Virtually :)"

What do you like best?

Ease of creating projects. Saving project for future use. Ease of changing hitting URL/content to run all cases. Best virtual tool to feel as source for any application

What do you dislike?

Eventhough they are improving frequently the UI seems to be little compllicated still. Enabling Autosaving project is a good feature and Prompting user with appropriate alerts will be great

Recommendations to others considering the product

Feel the comfort in integration testing.

Testing our interfaces by hitting with different URLs and ports with different access modes feeling as source.

SOAPUI review by G2 Crowd User in Food & Beverages
G2 Crowd User in Food & Beverages

"A very great tool to test web services"

What do you like best?

I really like the interface of soap UI and the fact that it provides tutorials and a great support platform online to start using as a beginer

What do you dislike?

So far I really like the product and the features that are available in SOAP UI

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think SOAP UI reports could be more interactive in terms of understanding to a non technical person

we check requests and response on a daily basis for web services and SOAP UI is a great tool to acheive that

SOAPUI review by Vitor H.
Vitor H.

"Used SOAPUI for more than 2 years testing SOAP Webservices"

What do you like best?

Is easy to connect to multiple webservices, change request information you send.

What do you dislike?

SOAPUI interface is not friendly and sometimes is difficult to find certain options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free and will meet your requirements.

Systems integration testing.

SOAPUI review by Funso A.
Funso A.

"SOAPUI TO THE RESCUE"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can use this to test different webservices such as soap-based and restful webservices

What do you dislike?

There is nothing especially as I am enjoying using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SOAPUI is the best! A trial will convince you

I use it to consume some webservices provided by the bank we are servicing

SOAPUI review by Rajani P.
Rajani P.

"Worked on SoapUI for REST API testing"

What do you like best?

Its great tool with lots of helpful documentation.

What do you dislike?

I see key features like Data sink is available but in Pro version only.

Implemented SoapUI in healthcare domain.

SOAPUI review by Bikram S.
Bikram S.

"Useful tool for debugging webservices"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. As easy as copy pasting the url and bang the response xml. I use it mostly to debug my webservices locally.

What do you dislike?

I had to modify the requests while sending null values as it was not handled.

Developing a Web service to be utilized by other application. It is very handle to debug locally.

SOAPUI review by User

"very good"

What do you like best?

Excellent tool to manage and certify services, both soap and rest and very easy to use, requires minimal professional knowledge.

What do you dislike?

usually have difficulties when running certain services, the application must be restarted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

is an excellent tool and easy to use

is an excellent tool to create and test soap and rest services.

SOAPUI review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"A great tool for soap testing"

What do you like best?

the seamless testing it provides for soap based and rest based services.

What do you dislike?

unmanaged support for saving the soap projects

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is one of the most amazing and easily accessible tool used not just for developers but also by testing

testing by consuming supplier APIs to check if the desired response for inventory

SOAPUI review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Effective tool for API testing"

What do you like best?

Easy import of project to tool and then it creates sample request with minimal

Information

What do you dislike?

Structure is little bit cumbersome and sometime you have to switch to the right window that you are working on

API single calls and then convert them to alias test to mimic real time production situations

SOAPUI review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great product for web services testing"

What do you like best?

This is a light weight product which can be used for on-the-go testing of web services

What do you dislike?

The projects have to be explicitly saved if you don't want to lose the changes during any system crashes

Developer testing of services

SOAPUI review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good for web service integration "

What do you like best?

You can easily get the wsdl and start testing the web api

What do you dislike?

First time setup is lengthy and time taking

We are using it to validate and develop the web api which is exposed to outer traffic

SOAPUI review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Amazing user interaction tool"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use and works great, Nice UI and request/response system

What do you dislike?

Soapui only have 2 ways to see request, response, more needs to be added

I am testing offers at MNC with this

SOAPUI review by G2 Crowd User in Staffing and Recruiting
G2 Crowd User in Staffing and Recruiting

"SOAP UI for Web service testing"

What do you like best?

Very easy and best tool to Web-service development testing.

What do you dislike?

Some thing desktop tool, instead should provide features like running in a server to give access to multiple person.

For testing Web-service development code. Easy of handling

Learning about SOAPUI?

* We monitor all SOAPUI reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.