Socedo

Turn Twitter into a lead generation platform.

Work for Socedo?

Learning about Socedo?

Socedo Reviews

Ask Socedo a Question
Showing 15 Socedo reviews
Socedo review by Jeanie P.
Jeanie P.

"Interesting new concept in lead generation; HORRIBLE customer service"

What do you like best?

I am always trying to find new ways to get our message in front of potential customers. And I love trying something new - which lead me to Socedo. Because I had no idea where to start, they even offered me an advisor so the program would succeed.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately the advisor wasn't much help and the program didn't succeed. And sometimes when you try something new, it doesn't work. I was not upset about that.

What I was upset about was they knew I wasn't seeing results and still they auto-enrolled me in another 6 month contract without any notification that my first contract was coming to an end. So I am stuck paying for a service that doesn't work for me for another 6 months. Apparently they would rather squeeze a few more dollars out of someone rather than possibly have that person return when they are with another company that is a better fit.

I tried several times to talk with them but never got an answer to any phone call or a call back from my many voicemails. My emails were randomly responded to, but all with information on how to increase the success of my current program. They completely ignored my issue. And interestingly enough they haven't done anything in my account since my last contract expired. Wasted time, money, patience and good will.

I WILL NEVER recommend them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Socedo is completely failing when it comes to customer service. Most young companies with immature products will do everything possible to keep you happy even if that means letting you go until the fit is better. Socedo would rather squeeze a few dollars out of you leaving such a bad impression that you feel obligated to go to social media just to share your unhappiness with anyone else considering them as a solution.

I was trying to see whether social lead generation was something that might work for a client. We gained some twitter followers but 3 conversions in total over a 6 month period and those were for content not paid customers.

Benefits = 0

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Socedo
Socedo review by Alena V.
Alena V.

"EXCELLENT social lead gen software"

What do you like best?

Quick set-up and thorough lead identification make this tool an easy "set it and forget it" platform to bring new names to your website. I also love the genuine conversations the software encourages between our brand and prospects. If you invest in Socedo, expect to double up on community management. You'd be surprised how talkative your targets are once you reach them! I also love that you can upload your known contacts, see where they are on Twitter and LinkedIn and engage with them directly in the Socedo platform.

What do you dislike?

The software can be glitchy at times - I believe this is related to a new user interface release that takes some getting used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to have a strong community management team before you launch this software.

We use Socedo to support all of our KPIs. We're easily using social to identify new leads on a daily basis and drive lead completions on our website. We're also retargeting our known contacts with an integration between Socedo and Eloqua, as well as upload campaigns through Socedo.

What Lead Mining solution do you use?

Socedo review by Lynn S.
Lynn S.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

Socedo is an excellent, easy-to-use way of increasing and engaging Twitter followers. In 6 months, I went from 100 Twitter followers to over 2400. And at least 100 of those followers have actively engaged my services. The best thing is the ability to export a monthly spreadsheet with contact info for recent followers. The analytics are fantastic! And the ability to use A/B testing for direct messages is a big plus.

What do you dislike?

Not much, I do wish that I could export a greater number of followers for the price. The ROI is pretty good but I wish that it would interface with more programs. The only other thing is the system for determining prospects had a rough learning curve for someone not current on twitter key words.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take advantage of the training. Really great group of people!

I am a recruiter for the chemicals industry. I have engaged with many new candidates that I would not have from Twitter. Many new graduates and those working on their degrees have sent me resumes.

Socedo review by David P.
David P.

"Socedo - More Than Just Social Media Lead Gen"

What do you like best?

The Customer Success team really thinks about my business issues, beyond social media lead generation, drawing on their experience across their client base to help me develop best practices.

What do you dislike?

There really is not anything that I dislike about Socedo. I think they charge a fair price, but I certainly would not complain if it were less!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you take advantage of their excellent onboarding and customer success teams.

Socedo has solved social media management for me. If not for their service, I would not have developed as large a Twitter following as I have, which has given my start up further legitimacy, and helped create brand recognition.

Socedo review by Lida H.
Lida H.

"Great tool for continually adding reach"

What do you like best?

It's fast and easy to set up, then you can let it do its thing

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure I totally understand everything I can do with it, especially after all the updates they done in the past year

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the free trial, set it up right away, and let it run - you won't be disappointed. It really works, and well.

We weren't reaching the audience we wanted to reach effectively. We weren't growing our reach. With Socedo we started doing both quickly, and we continue to do them successfully.

Socedo review by Christy H.
Christy H.

"Cool, unique tool for social lead gen & acceleration "

What do you like best?

I've been working with the same rep there for over a year - he's fantastic and super helpful. To be totally honest we've seen mixed results with the actual software from an ROI perspective, but have kept with it because of the customer service and the fact that they're constantly evolving and creating new opportunities within the product.

What do you dislike?

Has been a challenge for us to measure ROI. Have also dealt with a lot of bugs and hangups in the tool. They're always quick to help fix them, but has been frustrating at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have your tracking plan in place - we implemented before we did and probably lost some valuable data

Social lead generation & lead acceleration.

Socedo review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Customer service and partnership on point"

What do you like best?

The team at Socedo is collaborative and knowledgable. They have always been responsive and patient in explaining their process and diligently aiming to make their platform as user friendly and results driven as possible. Having done demos, beta tests, and shared mussels in Seattle with the team, I can vouch for how personable and truly helpful they are. Plus they have great taste in whiskey!

What do you dislike?

We ran a test campaign user my twitter as an individual study. The results themselves were awesome---my following expanded thrice fold with quality influencers in marketing and entrepreneurship and we were able to secure new freelance writers for our team. My biggest issue is that, even though our account manager with Socedo strategized well with us, I wasn't able to handle the capacity of new people reaching out which meant leads went un-nurtured. This was largely an internal structural problem, not Socedo's. Since these leads were more top-of-funnel, it was hard to keep up and prioritize. It would have been an incredible function for an outbound sales team though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My biggest recommendation is to value the data that they're sharing and use it. You WILL get leads coming through but you have to put the time in to continue nurturing them. And make sure what you're sharing with them is genuinely valuable. Socedo is an awesome compliment to marketing efforts. Take advantage of their knowledgeable team but be prepared to have someone internally as your point person who can really take ownership of this tool, preferably someone sales minded or who can hand off to your biz dev team to implement. This is super valuable when utilized to its fullest.

We're increasing our visibility in social space, running campaigns that we would not have otherwise had the capacity to, reaching our audience more directly and sharing valuable content. We created a new LinkedIn group for like minded marketers and were able to heavily recruit using Socedo to grow that space as well. In short: we're saving time with social media presence, expanding reach, sharing valuable content, and developing new, quality leads.

Socedo review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"More Work than Worth"

What do you like best?

I love the concept of Socedo: using Twitter and social media platforms for lead generation. I wish it was that easy though. I own a small marketing agency and wondered if we could find leads from business owners or marketing leaders wishing they could get some help with SEO, social media, advertising, etc and venting about it on Twitter.

What do you dislike?

After working with a Socedo account rep to set up my filters and desired keywords to track, I'd get a ton of notifications of potential leads, but then had to spend hours combing through it all and finding out that none were truly qualified leads.

I own a small marketing agency and wondered if we could find leads from business owners or marketing leaders wishing they could get some help with SEO, social media, advertising, etc.

I did not find any value out of the platform.

Socedo review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Effective"

What do you like best?

Socedo allows our business to increase brand awareness and at the same time bring in quality leads. The increase in followers is also very nice. We have been able to use geo targeting to target local businesses.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a feature where I could set Socedo to automatically follow our max limit of followers just over the weekends. We've also noticed some stagnation the more we use the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is wonderful for anyone trying to grow their brand

We have used Socedo to increase our brand awareness and found that as well as our Socecdo followers we receive each day we also are growing organically.

Socedo review by Courtney K.
Courtney K.

"Director of Demand Generation "

What do you like best?

Automation and Results - Customer Success Team is very hands on

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike. I think the company is at risk of becoming taken out by the big guys once the market is realized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolute value to results

Tech marketing for early to mid stage start-up - I help businesses go to market and make a name for themselves with target buyers. Socedo has turned Twitter from a brand awareness platform into a lead gen platfrom and automated it with the important ROI tied to every datapoint that marketing needs.

Socedo review by User in Internet

"Great for targeting specific audiences on twitter, but hard to personalize for multiple personas "

What do you like best?

Socedo makes it really easy to target specific audiences on twitter, and to approve or deny the people who show up in results based on your targeting parameters. Twitter is massive and without a tool like Socedo it's harder for companies to take advantage of the opportunity twitter presents.

What do you dislike?

For companies that have multiple personas, it's difficult to personalize the direct message in a way that applies to each persona. The DM ends up coming off as an automated message (which people don't like) rather than genuine (better results).

We used Socedo to gain brand awareness within our target market, drive leads, and grow our twitter following. We successfully grew awareness and our following. We were also able to drive leads, but at a higher CPL than we were getting from other channels.

Socedo review by Romi M.
Romi M.

"High ROI from Product"

What do you like best?

Socedo takes the cluster of Martech and converges all the learning into a clear ROI.

What do you dislike?

Still takes a bit of help from the company to optimize.

Translating all the social chatter, content, and "noise" into usable leads with clear ROI.

Socedo review by Administrator

"Socedo customer team is A+"

What do you like best?

The tool itself is easy to use and pretty much magic - but the team at Socedo is awesome.

What do you dislike?

There's a few steps involved in getting everything set-up but I've found that once you get over that (tiny) hurdle, it just works!

Socedo helps us find new contacts as well as track our existing prospects on social media. We've generated a lot of new leads using Socedo.

Socedo review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Fantastic app! Well worth it."

What do you like best?

I love how socedo connects Twitter with LInkedIn and sends automated messages to each. Also like the editable search criteria if you want to connect with specific industries or positions. The A/B testing platform is very handy, too, because you can see which message types users respond to the most.

What do you dislike?

The fee for the management service (ie a socedo rep) for daily approvals is a bit high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the socedo app continually crashes.

Key to any business is establishing meaningful relationships with people in the industry--the right people. Socedo helps you navigate industries, interests, etc...so you can connect with the right people.

Socedo review by Administrator

"I'm taking Socedo to whichever company I go to:-)"

What do you like best?

Not too much maintenance, exponential growth on social channels. Makes me look good! :-)

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it loads slow or kicks me out.

Lead generation, brand recognition, growing audience

Learning about Socedo?

* We monitor all Socedo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.