Socialcast

Socialcast is the enterprise social networking platform that connects people to the knowledge, ideas and resources they need to work better together.

Work for Socialcast?

Learning about Socialcast?

Socialcast Reviews

Ask Socialcast a Question
Showing 26 Socialcast reviews
Socialcast review by <span>Santhosh G.</span>
Santhosh G.

"Okay but not a great collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

The social media like feed mechanism is nice. You can like the status and comments which are very familiar to what we have been exposed to Facebook's like or Twitter fav. All team members can collaborate by giving comments and participate in the discussion.

What do you dislike?

This tool cannot be used for issue tracking among the teams. This is a real pain in a collaboration platform. It is also extremely expensive compared to any competitor products in the market segment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out Slack for team communication and collaboration. If you want to have simple project management and team collaboration tool, try other tools like Basecamp.

Collaboration and team communication. It is okay if you want to do some announcement or a quick opinion sharing. But more than that this tool sorely lacks the stickiness features which are present in software like Slack or Basecamp.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Socialcast
Socialcast review by <span>Alex M.</span>
Alex M.

"Software to implement an internal social network and very useful to improve team collaboration"

What do you like best?

Using SocialCast you can create an internal social network for your company and start to integrate coworkers and estimulate team communication and collaboration when working in projects.

The software has a good usability with a friendly user interface that can help people accept the system. After creating your profile you can start posting updates, sharing files and chatting to all member in your community. You can also easily explore the members directory to find any specific person.

SocialCast allows you to create "public spaces" that are like groups created to talk about one specific subject. People can join in if they want to and share ideas or ask questions/surveys to others members.

SocialCast is a simple software that tries to bring simplicity to users instead of showing a lot of features that won't be used by regular users.

What do you dislike?

In our company we use an "freemium" version (up to 50 members). It means that we got it by using some other Vmware products. So you can't use it for free for small companies or teams and have to pay per user/month after your trial period (30 days) expires.

Another thing that sometimes does not work so well is the search tool. If you search for something inside a group, for instance, you won't always get what you are really looking for. Searching for shared files is not so easy too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should first use the trial version for 30 days hosted on cloud to check if SocialCast fits your needs. Keep in mind that is a simple software that delivers social network feature for companies and it help people get in touch to improve teams integration. But it should be estimulated inside your company (maybe using internal polices) to make people start using it.

If you want to deploy it on your own infrastructure it may not be so easy as when you use it hosted in cloud and you probably will need some assistance. You should also note that the price is not the same too (both ways you will be charged by user/month).

We use SocialCast to create an internal social network for employees to help them integrate with other people in different areas and improve their own productivity when working in teams. It is an environment that can be use to share ideas and documents but also for social interation.

We are now starting to use it to schedule our meetings and to deliver important messages to everybody in a simple way instead of send tons of emails everyday.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Socialcast review by <span>Vinicius S.</span>
Vinicius S.

"Great tool for team colaboration/communication and very helpful to organize projects"

What do you like best?

SocialCast is useful to integrate team members and improve collaboration between them. You can create public spaces separeted by subjects of interests and put members inside. Another great feature is that you can follow a member to see any thoughts and ideas shared in the social network.

Private messages are also available to create a privacy between members whenever is needed.

To find any member or group that is part of the community you can explore the directory and search for it.

The tool used to "thanks" another member for some accomplishment is amazing!

Another essential feature for us is the single sign-on (SSO) support. We use it in our company and helps to convince people to adopt the platform. Integration with external services is also very useful to concentrate efforts in only one place.

What do you dislike?

I think if there were more administrative features available the product would be improved.

Would be very nice if your environment could be easily personalized to match your company visual identity for instance.

We had some problem with mobile app usability and notifications.

The software is a little bit priced because it is charged by user/month and depending on the deploy category choosed. For companies with a lot of workers the price can increase significantly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As we should do with any software you should first use the trial version to test the product.

It may be or not useful for you regarding your needs.

If you are just looking for a private social network to interconnect team members, share some files and get updated about projects and other subjects, SocialCast may solve your problems.

To use SocialCast you can deploy on your own infrastructure or use the hosted version (SaaS) provided by the vendor.

There are plenty others similar tools available so you should also compare prices to find the most suitable and affordable for you.

We use this product to integrate team members working in several projects. It is used mainly by IT department.

Sometimes we have to update all team members about any progress without flooding them with a lot of emails and taking chances to forget someone. We also use it to share commom files related to projects and to schedule meetings between specific groups.

Socialcast review by <span>Dhaval S.</span>
Dhaval S.

"Great user interface, user friendly, best social network features and best group functions."

What do you like best?

1. Socialcast has a a great user interface and it is very user friendly.

2. I like that I can communicate with coworkers and read periodic updates or funny stores (i.e. the woes of our new parking entrance).

3. Features that are a part of the most popular social media tools. @, multimedia attachments, tagging, following, content filtering/streams, groups, privacy controls, email summaries of recent activity.

4. It is a great social network for team projects, where you can share and keep files for records in a single place.

5. Comments also allow for a more fluid back and forth than emails.

6. I like being able to crowd source questions within my work community.

7. Where I could send an email and get one answer, with Socialcast I can send the question to an entire group and get multiple answers from different perspectives.

What do you dislike?

1. I don't like that you have to post to specific groups.

2. I wish if I posted something, it would send out a blast to everyone.

3. Sometimes when I tries to post pictures the, it does not post the right side up.

4. Unless I'm in a certain group, I cannot see what people post.

5. The groups are not easily searchable.

6. live chat app facility is not there.

7. We do not have the cloud version and the version that we have does not have the full functionality (yet) of the cloud version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. It's a decent way for employees to communicate and customize their profiles, but you should require employees to use it every so often otherwise it loses its value.

2. Its a really good social app for team projects.

1. Socialcast helps increase communication between employees Across several different Business Units.

2. It allows them to share experiences and helps resolve any issues that a given individual may have.

3. Providing groups an ability to reach out to the community of corporate users who would not go to their website or sign up for their e-mail list.

4. The on demand content and ability to create content, groups, or pose questions to the masses or directed to multiple groups allows for great interactivity without the clutter that e-mail causes.

Socialcast review by <span>Charles W.</span>
Charles W.

"One year and counting"

What do you like best?

Socialcast has an easy, familiar and intuitive interface - our 700+ employees had little trouble adapting to the system with only a basic introduction. Also, it's easy to track adoption and engagement using the admin tools provided. the "Thank You" system has replaced other appreciation/acknowledgement systems we had in place, mostly because it is so easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It would be more useful as a company wide reference tool if there were a way to broadly organize files and make them available and searchable. This is not what the system is designed for, I realize, but it would make it a more comprehensive tool for our organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Socialcast is our first ESN implementation and it is working out well, with few of the issues we thought we might experience. It's a big leap for a bank, but it's paying off.

Better communication in all directions, employee engagement in company-wide projects, project and team meeting organization, strengthened relationships throughout our geographically dispersed organization. We have essentially consolidated our internal communication to Socialcast, eliminating a variety of channels previously developed on our intranet. We haven't realized the misuse issues we were fearing, since employees have been shown to be naturally responsible on the system. Out of our 700+ emplyees, we still have roughly 100 who have not yet posted a message. Our challenge is to maximize the engagement of this resistant group, many of them top tier executives.

Socialcast review by <span>Kamil D.</span>
Kamil D.

"Great way to find information and experts fast."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to opt in and out of various groups and messages so that I get only the information that I want and need. This is very different than email where I am bombarded with more than 100 messages per day and spend more time glancing at them to see if they are important or not. We have also integrated federated search at my organization to add another layer of being able to find the experts, groups, and information that our employees need to find quickly on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

There are many groups within our community of almost 2,000 people. It's sometimes difficult to figure out and find groups that may be of interest to me. It would be nice if there was some sort of predictable system that suggests groups that may be of interest to me based on groups I have already joined, the tags and @'s that I use so that the community becomes less large feeling, especially as a new employee coming in.

Several business problems are being solved: Finding the right person to ask questions; finding information relative to the work I am doing; socializing with folks that I may never meet on a day to day basis.

Socialcast review by <span>Dennis A.</span>
Dennis A.

"A partnership instead of a platform supplier"

What do you like best?

Socialcast is really a great product and works perfectly. It offers a wide range of features and some of them are quire unique like Reach and Town Halls. I like the most that Socialcast is not just offering the platform but it a true partner by listening to our needs and provide us with the opportunity to influence the roadmap.

What do you dislike?

Socialcast offers a great integration with business application through the Reach extensions but I do dislike that they are relatively a small player and do offer just the social platform and not a whole range of collaboration products like e.g. Microsoft does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not focus on the features when considering any social networking platform but focus on the partnership you can build with the platform supplier. Socialcast has definitely a lot of the capabilities you need to deploy an enterprise social network and I would call it best of breed software.

Socialcast helps us to bring the organization closer to each other and to drive speedy communications. It allows to provide a knowledge platform which help our employees to easily find experts and get questions answered almost in real-time.

Socialcast review by User in Computer Software

"Social Networking with Socialcast"

What do you like best?

If you can manage to get a majority of your key employees to use Socialcast it will be a massive improvement to overall corporate productivity and sharing. Social networks are based on the network effect, you need to achieve critical mass in usage to gain the productivity enhancements.

What do you dislike?

For true success, it needs to be deployed in a "culture" that is accepting and mindful of social networking. Senior management buy-in and support is critical to a successful deployment

True collaboration whereby you can gain the "nuggets" from the Subject matter experts and have them codified in real-time to be used now and in the future. Tribal knowledge gets unlocked and documented to be use over and over again.

"Socialcast is ok"

What do you like best?

It's useful for large companies to communicate amongst themselves - compared to email or wiki.

It is better than a forum.

What do you dislike?

UX/UI is quite bland.

External links require logging in and don't redirect to the intended link - quite poor UX

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slack seems to be the new hotness.

Slack does a much better job for live/real time conversations.

Socialcast is slightly better for going through archived conversations ( threading conversations vs one big message stream )

Improve awareness and communication across different business units in the company.

Using socialcast I am able to stay abreast of developments in other parts of the company.

Socialcast review by <span>Sarah O.</span>
Sarah O.

"It's good to a point"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to post to specific groups. I wish if I posed something, it would send out a blast to everyone. I also tried to post pictures the other day and for some reason, they didn't post right side up. I really don't use socialcast too much because I haven't found a real benefit in it. Too few of my coworkers use it to really find a value in it. Finally, unless I'm in a certain group, I cannot see what people post. The groups are not easily searchable either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some people have posted about lights left on in our parking garage, others post things related to activities outside of work.

Socialcast review by <span>Gregory B.</span>
Gregory B.

"Software Engineering Community"

What do you like best?

The modern design, ease of use, and integrations

What do you dislike?

Minimal administrative organizational features

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time integrating with other business systems using the Reach extension and API. Secure executive sponser. Identify early adopters and bring them onboard during beta testing to create SMEs. Use SAAS hosting model.

Too Much Noise, Clutter, and Inconsistency. Now able to subscribe to valuable information streams and unsubscribe from irrelevant discussions. Saving time and improving efficiency.

Hard to Find Roles, Responsibilities, Expertise. Able to search people based on formal titles, self described projects and expertise, and historical messages. Saving time and improving efficiency.

Very little written down in central, searchable repository. Created a real time body of knowledge with information in context of questions and discussions. Increasing effectiveness of employees.

Socialcast review by User in Computer Software

"Socialcast gets better with every update!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to crowd source questions within my work community. We are a multinational and the correct person to answer my questions might not be just down the hall from me. Where I could send an email and get one answer, with Socialcast I can send the question to an entire group and get multiple answers from different perspectives.

What do you dislike?

We do not have the cloud version and the version that we have does not have the full functionality (yet) of the cloud version. Definitely get the cloud version if you are looking to buy this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely get the cloud version, it updates faster and more frequently. Make sure employees are notified of the features that Socialcast offers that aren't part of other social networking sites like Facebook. For instance, the Town Hall function could be very good for smaller businesses with multiple locations that don't have any other way of holding central events like a physical Town Hall.

Sometimes a business problem like "is anyone else seeing (insert problem) when you're trying to synch your Outlook calendar with your iPhone" just isn't answered in online IT documentation. Putting this question to a group of iPhone owners in Socialcast can get you more useful help than Google. It's simple and no more intimidating than asking people on Facebook. The benefit of this is that people feel very comfortable asking questions - sometimes very technical ones- without having to worry about the answer leaking into to third parties. It's contained and simple to use.

"Internal social media"

What do you like best?

May be the way it was implemented in our organization, but seemed more like an internal social media platform than a true way to organize and connect teams.

What do you dislike?

Not enough control over content and not organized enough to be truly meaningful.

Connecting teams across various global offices and offering a place to share and collaborate ideas.

Socialcast review by <span>Neal P.</span>
Neal P.

"Socialcast Connects the Next Generation of Global Leaders"

What do you like best?

Socialcast allows our users to find the connections and information the need to address the most pressing challenges they face in their home countries and communities.

What do you dislike?

We couldn't be happier with the services Socialcast provides

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend setting up a trial community to determine if it meets your needs.

Socialcast helps our organization create an exclusive and secure resource for emerging global leaders who aim to advance their ideas, their community’s interests, and generate positive global change. This exclusive community of academic, business, civic and government leaders equips members with training opportunities, expert advice, and the connections needed to foster improvements in their communities and countries.

Socialcast review by User in Computer Software

"Socialcast - End User and Application Support Review"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

no glaring dislikes of the product that has been used by me and my colleagues for years.

Providing groups an ability to reach out to the community of corporate users who would not go to their website or sign up for their e-mail list. The on demand content and ability to create content, groups, or pose questions to the masses or directed to multiple groups allows for great interactivity without the clutter that e-mail causes.

Socialcast review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"VMware Socialcast"

What do you like best?

That it is only accessible to our business.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be better improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend it! It has definitely improved the way we function and communicate in our business.

Communication among the employees in our business has improved.

Socialcast review by User in Computer Software

"Its a pity that it isn't more popular"

What do you like best?

Great User experience

Groups and Projects features are very useful

Good social analytics

What do you dislike?

Mobile app is not great. it could be significantly improved.

Socialcast significantly cuts the amount of time I need to spend on emails.

Socialcast review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Insurance
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Insurance

"Collaborate at best "

What do you like best?

Social place to collaborate among teams

What do you dislike?

Functionality can be glitchy at times while using certain features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for networking and sharing ideas among teams

Chance to get to know one other better

Socialcast review by <span>Elizabeth G.</span>
Elizabeth G.

"I really like Socialcast"

What do you like best?

It is a great social network for team projects, where you can share and keep files for records in a single place. Comments also

allow for a more fluid back and forth than emails.

What do you dislike?

It wish I could have used a live chat app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a really good social app for team projects.

I've been able to coordinate events and get everyone involved in in the process.

"Socialcast "

What do you like best?

Socialcast was very user friendly, with a great user interface!

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything I disliked! Social cast covered everything I needed when it came to social interaction!

Socialcast helps increase communication between employees Across several different BUs. It allows them to share experiences and helps resolve any issues that a given individual may have.

Socialcast review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"A social engagement app"

What do you like best?

This was the first work app which we heard of so we opted for it

What do you dislike?

Mobile app is not good enough and not feature rich

We used this for our inhouse team as a social engagement platform. It was not able the serve the purpose

Socialcast review by <span>Chris T.</span>
Chris T.

"Excellent at motivating and mobilising the workforce"

What do you like best?

Socialcast is simple to use and connects all employees instantly

What do you dislike?

On premise installs do require internal staff to perform upgrades which need to be scheduled in and often happen after new functionality is released to the cloud

Communication between department is highly improced

Socialcast review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Internal Social Media?"

What do you like best?

I like that I can share ideas with other area directors and collaborate on how to best attract new families to the Au Pair program.

What do you dislike?

Not very user friendly, can't share documents and provide links the way I would like to.

Team collaboration and idea sharing.

Socialcast review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Internal Collaboration and document share site"

What do you like best?

Simple platform to post comments, share information and collaborate with peers. Groups work well to tie teams together and log conversations.

What do you dislike?

Document portal could be more seamless, upload procedure has been unstable but could be due to local network.

Team information sharing and conversation logging.

Socialcast review by <span>Taryn G.</span>
Taryn G.

"Good product for internal communications"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, works like facebook and Twitter.

What do you dislike?

The appeal was having many people using it but it wasn't widely adopted internally.

Stronger internal communications, sharing news across departments. Easy way to share company announcements quickly.

Socialcast review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Ease of distributing information but can become too granular "

What do you like best?

Customizable alerts and following

Easy to use

What do you dislike?

Too customizable in that there can be too many channels leading to some missing alerts if you are not searching for new groups, channels, people, etc.

Social notifications and network

Learning about Socialcast?

* We monitor all Socialcast reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.