Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Socio

4.7
(14 reviews)

Socio provides an event app that surrounds your live events. Create your app in minutes and let your attendees enjoy an unforgettable experience

Work for Socio?

Learning about Socio?

Socio Reviews

Ask Socio a Question
Showing 14 Socio reviews
Socio review by Andy N.
Andy N.

"Great event management software, great support"

What do you like best?

We evaluated several event registration and management apps, Socio had the best features, a simple UI, and nice admin tools (like batch upload of agenda, speakers and attendees).

We had attendees from all parts of Asia Pacific attending, so the ability to allow China Android users to get the app without the Play store was also a big plus. we had 98% of our attendees as engaged users of the app, and the feedback from the attendees was fantastic. It simplified their event experience, and allowed them to engage and interact throughout the conference.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features were not documented within the Socio site, but we could quickly resolve these with the live chat to the Socio team, or through a scheduled call with a Socio administrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

take advantage of the support calls - to get tips and guidance on administration. We also used the Sli.do integration for live questions within our event, and it was a big success.

Event management, attendee engagement, registration and communication

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Socio
Socio review by Marilyn K.
Marilyn K.

"Great fit for event focused on digital technology for nursing"

What do you like best?

Since our event theme was “Nursing in the Digital Age: Implications for Education, Service, Administration & Research,” it was imperative that our conference was totally paperless. The Socio app allowed us to eliminate the printed program, handouts, and other supplemental materials. Everything was provided through the app. I was able to quickly and easily send out updates, and I especially appreciated the evaluation link so we didn't need to direct participants to another website. The nurses participating in the conference enjoyed the ease of connecting with others before, during, and after the event.

What do you dislike?

Some users had difficulty with downloading app. The Socio team was prompt and helpful with answers-- perhaps some additional instructions with download message would be helpful.

The opportunity to feature sponsors for the conference. In future, we will be able to use this in advance promotion materials-- potentially increase sponsorship revenue by adding this benefit.

What Mobile Event Apps solution do you use?

Socio review by Jason W.
Jason W.

"Great app to run your next event"

What do you like best?

Socio's event app platform includes all of the features you need and more. Everything is easy to setup and they make it simple to import all of your event data at once (i.e. speaker details, sponsors). We also enjoyed some added features compared to other event app platforms such as setting attendance limits for specific conference breakout sessions.

What do you dislike?

It took me some time to figure out getting set up on the App store as a developer. Socio's team was very helpful with answers, but this step caused a few hurdles and delays.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great team with a great product.

We used Socio for our annual conference with around 300 guests. Their event app gave us an easy way to get all event details in the hands of our attendees. Unlike apps we used for previous conferences, Socio let us setup registrations for each individual session at the conference.

Socio review by Mariali P.
Mariali P.

"Our event attendees raved about our conference app!"

What do you like best?

The Socio team was extremely helpful from beginning to end in setting us up for success with the most comprehensive and engaging conference app. The app features integrated so well with our event experience and attendees loved engaging with it to navigate throughout the day and engage with speakers and other attendees through the app. I have no previous "developer" experience, but the simplicity of their app made me feel like I was a pro at app development!

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing I dislike about it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have an event and you want to increase attendee engagement and event experience, don't look anywhere else. Go with Socio.

In a digitally-savvy business world, people expect to have easy access to information and a seamless event experience. Socio helped our attendees ask questions during breakout sessions, participate in giveaways, find the breakouts they wanted to go to and so many more things!

Socio review by Administrator

"90%+ Adoption for the first event"

What do you like best?

This was our first time using an event app, therefore we had a lot of questions initially. From our initial onboarding call onward, I was able to get great answers and the support team even made some suggestions that I would have not thought of. Our organizing committee really loved the app and was extremely satisfied with 90%+ of our delegates downloading it.

What do you dislike?

Since this was our first year, we kept everything very simple. We are hoping to use some more features next year. The schedule meetings feature could use some improvements around exporting to your personal calendar since most of our delegates use Google Calendar or iCalendar already. The support representative said they were building it in 2019, so looking forward to seeing that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Extremely easy to learn how to use as I was up and running in one week. Although we kept the features simple, we still had a LOT of content. I was able to add my colleagues in the system to help and we both got great support. Couldn't ask for more.

This was our first time using an event app. I had to do a lot of work to convince my team to fit this into our budget as they were worried about how many our of our delegates would take advantage of it. The adoption question ended up not being a problem as we got 90%+ of our delegates to download it.

Overall, we needed some more organization around the event, and this event app really is strides beyond what we have seen before. The features like announcements, agenda, and FAQs were extremely useful.

An unexpected one was the ability to make changes instantly. We had to change a lot of rooms on our last day because two of the rooms we were using had mechanical problems with the AV setup. I updated the rooms in the app and sent out a push notification from my phone. I can't imagine how I would have done this last year without an app like this.

Socio review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Trying 3 different event tech vendors in the past, settling with the best, Socio!!!"

What do you like best?

After trying 3 different event tech vendors in the past 2 years, we are finally settled with the best!

For our enterprise event, they had everything we needed and more when it came to features. Also, I couldn't ask for an easier to use software. (All 3 of our admins that worked on the CMS agreed that this was the most user friendly CMS we experienced in the market.) When I ran into any questions, their support team was extremely responsive (Thanks Matt)!

Most importantly, the feedback we received from our attendees was phenomenal. We sent out post-event surveys to our attendees, and feedback doesn't lie: They absolutely loved the app (especially the networking features) in addition to the look and feel of the app that made it so much easier to use compared to any other event app they used before.

What do you dislike?

No major complaints. I asked for a couple extra customization pieces throughout their product that would help us with the sponsorship. They already released an update for one request I had and I am waiting to hear back on the other one!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Main points for us were attendee networking, ease of use for attendees (and for our team), fully customizable digital guide (agenda, speakers, sponsors, floor maps etc.), and great support. If these are important to you, you won't be disappointed! As someone who used 3 other vendors prior to my experience with Socio, I am not planning to switch again.

Using an event app that our attendees loved was a big one for us and we saw significantly higher adoption compared to previous years. In addition to the networking and attendee satisfaction, it fit all of our event app requirements with 1. Personal agenda for attendees 2. Sponsor visibility in the app 3. In-app social feeds 4. Push notifications 5. Advanced surveys (third-party integration)

Socio review by Joyce L.
Joyce L.

"Love Socio as a Conference Planner"

What do you like best?

Features are easy to learn and use. The team at Socio has been great from the President, sales, account manager and engineers. They are sooooo responsive when you have a question or problem. AND they really listen to your feedback. Many features have been released over last year that were exactly what I had spoken to them about (I"m sure it wasnt just me that mentioned those things).

What do you dislike?

They have done such a great job with Socio -- would love if some form of registration process could be incorporated into their bag of tricks!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it once and you will be hooked for good. And don't worry about training, assistance or glitches -- you will get all the support you need if you are a first time or experienced user.

Reducing printing costs for conferences, and giving people more control of planning out their time at the conference.

Socio review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Socio Review"

What do you like best?

Socio is extremely user friendly and easy to set up. It is a fun, interactive way to deliver conference material to large groups. All information that is needed is right in the palm of your hands!

What do you dislike?

I have only had positive experiences with Socio

Recommendations to others considering the product

Socio is an incredible tool for your events.

The Socio Mobile Event App has been nothing but successful with attendees at conferences. We use this app instead of printed event documentation and find it extremely rewarding. Not only is it user friendly and easy to setup, the staff is beyond helpful and goes out of their way to answer all questions and address any issues immediately. I have found that the app helps with attendee networking and allows for information to be spread quickly and effectively to the large attending groups.

Socio review by Britnee H.
Britnee H.

"Great Expereince"

What do you like best?

There's no effort from me to upload the list or make changes to the delegate list once it has been sync'ed to our registration system. Easy Imports.

What do you dislike?

No actual list for delegates to export afterwards in a nice format. Our delegates are obsessed about finding each other and keeping track. It would be really nice if the app had a way to export this list for delegates to keep their own record of.

There's some wordings that need to change like for example in the Agenda section, it should say "Participants" Instead of "People" (People is very unclear)

The sign up process needs to be more clear. Upon joining socio for the first time, people don't understand that they have to create their own password. Most think that they need a password because the way that socio asks the user to create a password. (IT's not very typical to ask the password without asking the person to enter in the password the second time to confirm that the person has typed in the right password)

Recommendations to others considering the product

always. Its my favorite app platform - I have done a lot of research and there's nothing like socio

Mostly time saving.

Socio review by Paighton S.
Paighton S.

"Great customer service!"

What do you like best?

I appreciated the fast responses from the team and the ease of using the event app with two different languages.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to customize the rotating information bar on the bottom of the app in the future.

We were able to decrease our printing materials when using the SocioApp and allow our attendees to connect during the event.

Socio review by Corey L.
Corey L.

"Got 75% of our attendees to use the app, and it worked well for us!"

What do you like best?

We liked having the ability to see who is connecting with who in terms of number of handshakes and being able to have an agenda at our finger tips.

What do you dislike?

Metrics are a bit poor. Would like to be able to see a interface using the desktop instead of an excel spreadsheet that I had to ask for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works great for getting people to connect and share contacts. I would recommend using the socio live features for creating more interaction between the attendees and vendors that attend your event.

Connections are the big one. It's nice to have an app to share contacts with.

Socio review by Michelle N.
Michelle N.

"85% adoption by conference attendees"

What do you like best?

Our attendees liked the ability to connect with other attendees through the app. Polling and questions (Slido integration) and the survey (Typeform integration) in the app were a huge hit! Socio's customer support is really excellent. They helped us often in a very quick manner.

What do you dislike?

Integrating event registration with the app could be a great feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We don't think you'll be disappointed with Socio. Their customer support is top notch.

Having all conference details in the palm of the attendees' hands simplified event management.

Socio review by Viktor G.
Viktor G.

"Very bad UX"

What do you like best?

Fast app install, content management and support.

What do you dislike?

Quite a lot of user experience bugs, features not working as described. We had one attendee coming frustrated because some other attendee's post was showing her picture and username (obviously it was a bug showing just to her, but anyway she accused us for misusing her personal data).

Benefit is having an app for iOS and Android platform; on the other side feedback from attendees was pretty bad.

Socio review by User

"This Company Truly Cares about what they Do!"

What do you like best?

A company with passion, insights and knowledge is very rare in today's world. Socio ticks all the boxes and more. They care about your success, and they go the extra mile to make sure you achieve your goals!

What do you dislike?

Like I said this is the real deal! Always available when needed. Never an issue quick replies and fast efficient problem solving

Recommendations to others considering the product

would highly recommend this company

Simply easy to use APP for our events our clients love it and now we are fully paperless!

Learning about Socio?

* We monitor all Socio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Socio