Sococo

Revolutionizing online business communication.

Work for Sococo?

Learning about Sococo?

Sococo Reviews

Ask Sococo a Question
Showing 28 Sococo reviews
Sococo review by Josie L.
Josie L.

"We have much better cooperation with everyone just in one click."

What do you like best?

Better work to remove delays in working process. I can work more open and fast way. Now I can very easily take any answers which I need. The opportunity to work synchronously so we can make arrangements conduct faster to get closer to the goal.

What do you dislike?

Generally never had bad problems with the working process. Also, working team is glad that they are working on this platform. I can strongly say that all working steps are good working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Actually, it is a wonderful working platform which will give a higher quality to provide a better productivity. Always will brings all your workers together and let you to just kindly get all information what’s going on with everyone at one place.

That software gives a set up the individual vicinity and functionality of a physical office needed by the group in an online practice. Also with all our team, we can co-locate online in an office place that is based on a graphic map with avatars representing the team.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sococo
Sococo review by Audria B.
Audria B.

"My avatar in Sococo"

What do you like best?

Avatars system is a cool feature. Thanks to the Sococo program, our company can remotely distribute tasks between employees. It is also easy to contact an employee wherever he is. I can easily invite a user to the team, or to my project. The choice of visual layouts is large enough, you can easily pick up something that suits you.

What do you dislike?

The disadvantages are minor but still exist. Sometimes it's problems with video and there are little problems with sound.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will see how easy it is to co-operate in a group, even at a distance.

Many employees of our company work remotely, it is difficult for them feel like they are part of a team, and it becomes possible with the Sococo. In addition, employees can make sure that the whole team is putting the maximum of forces on the overall project.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Sococo review by Norman B.
Norman B.

"So nice to work"

What do you like best?

Oh as for me, I like that I can easy sharing screen its really wonderful to use. Plus it's really slight and comfortable in use to sharing screen for some team in the same time good quality. Also works with phone. Nice I like it.

What do you dislike?

Very nice solution for comunication.I did not a problems to hear some one . So clear qality of sound. I dont have any bad thoughts about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For me its gives a sense of rivet contact and functionality of a working place my office while working online. Definitely will recommend. It's will help you and make your company run fast.

Allow to work across the country from any place with the rest of my working team. Big opportunity and so easy to understand it. I can't imagine to work with out this program. Big helper for people and bussiness.

Sococo review by Harmony J.
Harmony J.

"Sococo Boosts Collaboration for Distributed Teams"

What do you like best?

Sococo helped our distributed team become increasingly transparent with each other. I love walking in on conversations I would have missed if we were using another tool that separates your experiences in to chat-like rooms. Instead, our team works together in our own room, having conversations as if we were together in person. Many a time have I dropped in on a conversation where I had the exact information other teammates needed, but they didn't know to ask.

What do you dislike?

Some people have a hard time with the audio options, this reduced adoption by others in my company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great for getting distributed teams to have better conversations outside of email and text formats, however it will not help with task management.

A more personal experience with our distributed team members. We've been able to connect personally as a team and become a strong team because of Sococo. It's as close to being in person as you can get.

Sococo review by Roxi O.
Roxi O.

"Making distributed work possible "

What do you like best?

Sococo makes it so easy to jump in and out offices with coworkers, start conversations, catch up and connect with team mates! It makes working together easy, sharing even easier and allows our distributed team of 6 to successfully accomplish our work- every single day.

What do you dislike?

The desktop version can be buggy if there are too many people in a meeting and you are sharing screens, this can cause Sococo to freeze - requiring a restart. It does not happen enough to complain about though.

We are a distributed Agile marketing team of 6, we run our team using scrum and value face to face communication and collaboration. Without Sococo none of this interaction would be possible. Working on creative, content and integrated campaigns without the input of each team member would limit our opportunities for success - Sococo helps us achieve our goals.

Sococo review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Good idea with some functionality issues"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to see when my fellow co-workers are "in office." This is something really hard to achieve in a remote environment and the tool can only work as well as the person on the other end using it. However, it does give a good sense of when people are reachable, or unavailable.

What do you dislike?

I didn't really like the slack integration - I just felt like it wasn't necessary. Maybe that was just something my company decided on, but at in the way that my team uses it, it was just another thing to have to download. I also have pretty routine mic and sound issues. It seems like the platform uses too much bandwidth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a nice resource to connect a remote team. I wish that the company I freelance with used it also. It makes it easier to see if people are actively engaged in work. Whereas right now, we only see when people are in Slack, which I think can be a bit misleading.

I like being able to quickly communicate and connect with colleagues. Fortunately, most things that I work on are not too time sensitive, but for the rare occasion that quickness counts - it's invaluable to see which colleagues I can connect with quickly to get the answers that I need as fast as possible.

Sococo review by Kieran G.
Kieran G.

"Outstanding Collaborative Tool"

What do you like best?

Our team loves the ease of connecting and seeing who is available to work with instantly. The service is really stable from screen share to audio channels

What do you dislike?

We've used Sococo for awhile, in the past we had some issues with connectivity, but they've resolved it. Adding others to the network was also a problem on the old desktop version, but they fixed that as well going with a web based solution. Honestly, no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We aren't sure about very large scale implementations, but for a user base of 10-25 it has worked very well for us.

Collaboration and more collaboration. Our team needs to make a million decisions a day on in depth software designs for our clients. Our developers live in a war room it feels like for part of the week before splitting off to work in isolation with sporadic contact. Our flowing and changing styles of communications are all accommodated for using this tool.

Sococo review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Very interesting experience since it emulates a real office location and coreography"

What do you like best?

The real world simulation since its look and feel is exactly as a real office. People at different locations can work as a real team real time as they were at the same physical office. This is really great and unique.

What do you dislike?

It is still missing a strong API platform integration. I believe that is in the roadmap and it will be built in a very short time. Sococo makes sense a lot if integrated with a workflow engine as it is with Slack and Skype for business today. Maybe

Easy to communicate with peers , co-workers and clients Easy to collaborate. We solved the communication issue and specially when people are in different locations.

Sococo review by Bruno Daniel A.
Bruno Daniel A.

"Amazing!"

What do you like best?

Sococo gives you a more real feeling of a virtual office, the way you can close doors and avoid getting unwanted people on your meetings is really good.

What do you dislike?

The chats bug a little bit, also your lose your old chat messages if you change between rooms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have issues with your employees to talk to each other, sococo is a great tool.

All of my company co workers work from their home, this brings a more real sense of office to use and help us work together.

Sococo review by Hanna G.
Hanna G.

"The virtual equivalent of cube mates"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can hear other people's conversations without having been formally invited into a meeting, just like you would in a real office. There have been numerous times we have caught someone else's conversation and heard information that saved us from doubling work.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes technical issues e.g. mics don't work.

Being able to work across the country from home with the rest of my team. We're a very collaborative team and I can't image being able to work as closely together as we do without this tool.

Sococo review by Tyler R.
Tyler R.

"Innovative Virtual Office Tool Working Wonders"

What do you like best?

It's a fantastic concept realized in both a professional and cute way. It takes companies where telecommuting is the norm and establishes a virtual work environment that is very functional. Screensharing, chatting and audio conferences work immaculately whereas Skype, ScreenConnect and other resources we've tried get bogged down when hitting a certain capacity.

What do you dislike?

There's really isn't much that I dislike. I suppose it would be nice if there were more regular updates and enhancements to the software but, then again, I don't have any enhancement requests for them - they've already got a well-working product so why fix what isn't broken, I suppose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the free trial a go and invite a few colleagues from work to try it out. It's fun from the first time you use it and so easy to learn. Also, keep in mind that it does what it sets out to do and does it well - it's not a delphic knife of a tool but it's not trying to be either.

Desktop sharing, audio conferencing, inter-office instant messaging.

Sococo review by Tyler B.
Tyler B.

"A bit slow to provide needed features, but I can't let Sococo go... "

What do you like best?

At first glance, Sococo seems to be a rather pointless and quirky telecommunications app. "Oh, that's pretty corny," you'll say. "Why should I pay to be a colored marble in a cheesy picture of an office? Why wouldn't I just stick to Skype/Google Hangouts, which are free?"

I've been using it at my company for about 2 years now, and I love the virtual office. It really adds something to the workday, especially when things are slow. It just feels more casual than the alternatives, and for me that casual vibe makes a big difference.

What do you dislike?

Sococo's software isn't perfect, and the company has always been a bit slow to respond to important requests. I made a request to their support team about a year or so ago to make the text in the chat window more readable in the native client, and they finally got around to fixing it just recently with their new version of Sococo, and they took away a lot of really important features, too. There's no longer a keyboard shortcut for turning the mic on and off, and the icon at the top doesn't show you if your mic is on or off, either. So you have to constantly switch back to Sococo if you're having a conversation while on the job. Very inconvenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the Classic native client. The new client isn't nearly as good!

Sococo makes me feel like I am in the office, even though my team is 100% remote.

Sococo review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"No-frills virtual office space."

What do you like best?

Sococo is inherently fun. On a practical level, it gets the job done, allowing voice, chat or video communications. Playful features like choosing a colour for your avatar, "knocking" to join a meeting, or "hanging out" by a pixelated water cooler are whimsical and enjoyable.

What do you dislike?

When it's time to get to work, the actual function of Sococo doesn't feel up to par. Only a single video can be seen full size at anytime and the thumbnail view is very small. The video quality is poor and is not a reflection of your internet service- It's Sococo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sococo is fine, but other services are better. Keep looking.

Sococo is youthful and lighthearted in nature, offering a change of pace from your average work environment. It's enjoyable to see others working on the same floor, as a reminder that you're not as alone as you might feel being remote.

Sococo review by Josh R.
Josh R.

"A fun and easy way to collaborate virtually"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly jump into a virtual office to meet with one or multiple co-workers is very valuable. Those ad-hoc meetings where you just need to discuss something quickly don't always require a formal calendar invite. Being able to just knock on somebody's door (or pop right in, if that's how you roll) allows virtual teams to have the same communications capabilities as physical teams.

What do you dislike?

Sococo often has problems with bandwidth overload - too many people in a room or too much screensharing or video streaming will bring Sococo to its knees. Also, the Mac OS version lacks some of the features of the Windows product (people search, for example) which can be pretty frustrating for companies like ours who use both operating systems.

As our company grows and teams become more dispersed throughout the country, we needed a tool that would help facilitate team communication. This has allowed our virtual employees to feel much more connected to the team at HQ.

Sococo review by Jessica D.
Jessica D.

"Great fir remote teams"

What do you like best?

The ability to see the entire team in one place visually is great! It also brings our remote team together more, and makes them feel like they are actually part of the team.

What do you dislike?

The pricing. We have a large team of independent contractors, and are a small company. However, we would have to pay for a large plan with all those users, and it's just way above our price range to let everyone use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great, if you can afford it.

Team communications, especially across distance with remote employees.

Sococo review by Behavior Change I.
Behavior Change I.

"Sococo connects you to your people! "

What do you like best?

Working from home can sometimes be an isolating experience and can make you feel disconnected from the rest of your team. When working remotely or in the office, I use Sococo regularly to collaborate with our team all over the nation!

I love that I can jump into a colleagues office, knock on my supervisor's door to ask a question and collaborate in team meetings with large groups! The screen sharing function is extremely helpful and the Sococo support team is always there to help!

What do you dislike?

The platform itself is always being improved upon and as it has gone through some recent changes there can be glitches from time to time that requires that you restart your browser or refresh Sococo to restore functionality. Anytime this has happened, the team at Sococo has been responsive and helpful!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a free trial!

As a quickly growing nationwide start-up many of our employees work from home and we are relatively spread out across the country. Sococo has brought us together as a team and a community and we have realized who close we really are to each other -- literally one mouse click away!

Sococo review by Jay K.
Jay K.

"Distributed workforce virtual office"

What do you like best?

Sococo has enabled us to level up the amount of collaboration on our team. We are a distributed workforce working from remote locations and Sococo gives the illusion that we are all working in the same physical office. I like the ability to pop into someone's office to get a quick answer for a question or to provide real-time feedback on a project. Team meetings in the virtual conference rooms are awesome and the screen share capabilities are pretty robust. It is amazing that with the click of a button, I can be talking with a co-worker across the country, either on a VOIP or via a video chat.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say that I *dislike* anything about this platform, however there are a few improvements that I would certainly recommend. It would be nice to have "white boards" in each office where notes can be left from a meeting that anyone can view. I would also like the ability to share whatever music I am playing with the team or in my office. I would like to see the quality of the video feeds increase to HD and give more controls over viewing other video feeds (i.e. like GoToMeeting controls).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a virtual workforce, or even virtual teams working in different locations, then Sococo would be a fantastic tool for you. This tool has revolutionized the way that our team interacts and is used daily by all team members.

Because we are a virtual company with employees that work in multiple different states, some employees may not feel connected to the rest of the group. This platform creates a sense of community amongst our employees who only meet in-person a few times each year, ensuring that everyone knows that they are part of bigger team.

We are also solving the problem of working on projects together despite the fact that our physical offices are in many different locations. We have received the benefit of quicker feedback and the ability to iterate prototypes of projects faster.

Sococo review by User

"Sococo is great for remote staff"

What do you like best?

Love the ease of use and ability to quickly conduct face to face web calls.

What do you dislike?

The new HD camera takes some getting use to.

Sococo allows remote workers an easy way to connect. It is great to be able to ‘jump’ into a coworker’s office and have a video call and share screens.

Sococo review by Jeremy L.
Jeremy L.

"A great way to bring distributed teams together"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed having individual rooms. You would imagine it would be superficial, but it actually bolstered a sense of privacy and community.

What do you dislike?

They split the web and desktop clients; we were running two separate offices that couldn't be consolidated. Frustrating.

We had a distributed team, so this allowed us to have easy, regular meetings together and always be within reach.

Sococo review by User in Computer Software

"Its cool and functions well, but didn’t add a ton of value."

What do you like best?

Nice to be able to share multiple screens and bounce back and forth.

What do you dislike?

Seemed to take up a ton of my ram to keep open all day. I think the new solution fixed that some.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was a popular to use for a bit but users in some parts of the org seem to find it easier to just schedule in skype for business now. It needs a defined use case and a good rollout with communicated purpose.

Group virtual meetings. Allowed longer meetings to work in a virtual environment.

Sococo review by User in Internet

"It's not about quality"

What do you like best?

Visualizing online office space that gives a feeling that we are all together with my team even if everybody in the different part of the globe.

What do you dislike?

Really bad BAD connection! Every time someone comes to my office and I try to turn on the microphone I have to reload the programme. It's very annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, for remote teams.

Visualizing online office space that is important to see which colleagues are currently at the meeting or busy discussing something.

Sococo review by Sabrina W.
Sabrina W.

"Almost like global team is together "

What do you like best?

In person feel for global teams in many locations

What do you dislike?

Would prefer male or female icons or actual photos instead of avatars

Ease of communication, video and voice chat in groups

Sococo review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great tool for distributed teams"

What do you like best?

Ability to see my coworkers and interact whenever I want. Easy to jump in a "room" and start a meeting.

What do you dislike?

Need to improve video consistency. Buffering is an issue. At times can't have audio and video running at the same time.

Increased communication and collaboration

Sococo review by User in Computer Software

"Use sococo"

What do you like best?

Easy meeting, can see who is online and what they are doing.

What do you dislike?

Connection issues, and sometimes sounds would come out to my speaker instead of head phones

My team is mostly virtual, so easy team meeting

"Director of Sales"

What do you like best?

Clean interface, rapid connect., global collaboration with my team.

What do you dislike?

Not always stable, issues with audio, doesn't seem to support dual monitors very well.

We are a 100% work remote culture, Sococo allows us to get face time necessary to build team bonds.

Sococo review by Amine K.
Amine K.

"It's like you are in a real office"

What do you like best?

It's amazing to feel like you are working with your team in the same place like if you are in a real office!

What do you dislike?

I actually didn't find anything I dislike so far!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best solution for remote working.

Working with my team from anywhere in the world.

Sococo review by User in Information Technology and Services

"It's nice to have the avatarts"

What do you like best?

The avatars are a good way to see what's going on in the office.

What do you dislike?

The technology itself can be a bit glitchy and crash at times. So it's not the most reliable platform to communicate on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be good depending on your needs.

It is a good way to communicate with remote people. It have realized it's a good way to chat with others. ,

Sococo review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Average Application"

What do you like best?

Great tool for teams working in many locations

What do you dislike?

Screen quality and screen sharing isn’t very clear.

Benefits have been using the camera functions and chat functions to solve issues.

Learning about Sococo?

* We monitor all Sococo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.