Socrative

Socrative is an instant response tool designed for the K-12 classroom environment.

Work for Socrative?

Learning about Socrative?

Compare Socrative to Similar Solutions

Socrative Reviews

Showing 29 Socrative reviews
Socrative review by Amanda S.
Amanda S.

"Easy to use, great for teachers!"

What do you like best?

Teachers can easily use Socrative to create quizzes and games for their students. It can give instant feedback and results to teachers, and is a fun way to start off each class period, review for an upcoming assessment, or just for a quick interactive poll.

What do you dislike?

Socrative can be challenging to create reports at first as a new user. It took some time to teach the staff how to use the website to best implement into their classrooms.

When I was teaching in my own classroom, I used Socrative as an app on the classroom set of iPads. My students would log onto the classroom using my room code, and then I would quickly have them answer a few questions based on the previous day's lessons. Student data would pop up immediately, and it can be shown to the class with names or as anonymous. My students really liked playing the rocket ship game!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Socrative
Socrative review by Rachael H.
Rachael H.

"Socrative as a learning tool"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the ease of use and access with Socrative. It is a simple format that enables flexible questions and uses. The ability to review and/or share data from quizzes and surveys is very helpful and easy to manipulate. The ability to create online rooms or classes to separate groups is efficient and organized.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more visuals or graphics incorporated with Socrative. It would be nice to have one more lengthy interactive option other than the three provided (Quiz, Space Race, Exit Ticket).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Practice working with the quiz options well ahead of time. I find Socrative is most useful if given live so you can track the answers and completion status as the information is being submitted.

Socrative is an easy way to assess knowledge in a group of people after a class or a concept has been taught. I have used it for surveys as well, to find out opinion on various matters. The Exit Ticket option offers an easy, quick way to collect simple data from a subject group.

What Classroom Management solution do you use?

Socrative review by Jeannette O.
Jeannette O.

"Great for Formative Assessments"

What do you like best?

It is easy to get the students connected, and the platform offers a lot of options. You can make your quiz in advance (and save it to use again for other classes or the next year), or you can ask a quick question on the fly. You can either show responses or not, same with names, while students are answering. On a quick question, the other students can vote for which answer they think is the best -- great if you are asking them to define vocab or make predictions in a story.

When you finish, you can sync your reports easily to Google Drive.

What do you dislike?

There's very little that I dislike. It is very easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great free platform for formative assessments.

Great for warm ups or exit tickets. The students love the competition.

Socrative review by Nathalie B.
Nathalie B.

"A very easy and free tool"

What do you like best?

The children can log in very easily and that code can not only be choses by the teacher but it also always stays the same. I also like the space race. There are enough options for creating questions and you can add pictures to questions. Creating a quiz is very quick and easy. I also like to use socrative for exit tickets. I can work with it from the iOS app or on the website. I also like the data that is generated at the end.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. Everything always works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every teacher with mobile devices in the classroom should use Socrative. It is ideal for revision, checking students' understanding, exit tickets, blended learning, etc. You can easily download the results: per student and per question. Students as small as 4 years old can use it.

exit tickets / quick quiz with downloadable results / used for Blended Learning

Socrative review by Michele S.
Michele S.

"Test/Quiz Software in the Classroom"

What do you like best?

I love that Socrative allows me to quiz my students in the moment, without wasting paper or making copies. All students have access via computers and it's helping them prepare for the real world. I love that I can control the order of the questions and whether my students get access to the results immediately, after each question, or at the end. I also like that I can make the quiz go at my pace or at my students' paces.

You are able to assign multiple choice answers, which it grades immediately, or constructed response that you grade/review later.

I like that this minimizes academic dishonesty. You can see the answers in live time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can only have one quiz open at a time. This is hard when you have multiple preps of the same subject. I also dislike that the constructed response answers are included in the total correct when they haven't been graded yet. I wish there were more options for the reports that are provided from the students' results. I wish that the screen could be locked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this software is decent. You can use it in the classroom for quick checks, reading checks, or something needing immediate results.

This is great for all kinds of quizzes in the classroom.This minimizes teacher grading and fatigue. Yay! It also ensures correct responses. I think this gives teachers a good set of data to work with. I only wish it was possible to align and assign quizzes to the state standards.

Socrative review by Andrew D.
Andrew D.

"DAmico Socrative Review"

What do you like best?

This software allows for assessments to be instantly graded while having the options to shuffle questions AND answers.

What do you dislike?

You have to pay for premium features. Also, you have to lauch an activity for it to be accessible to students. A similar product, Quizlet, allows users to access activities live or on-demand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product, even the premium version is worth the cost to use with students needed to make up work or IEP students who need a different test. The only downside was the website went down for 2-3 days last year (just before final exams). Thankfully, everything was working by the time I needed to use it for finals.

I am able to save significant time by not having to grade work.

Socrative review by Michael A.
Michael A.

"Great for formative review!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can create a short, medium, or long length formative review for my students. I use the multiple choice format, and my students work in groups to answer the questions. We can all work at the same pace, or the students can work at their individual paces.

My students like to use socrative, because it allows them to be competitive and then we can discuss their answers as a class once the assessment is complete. Unlike a pencil/paper quiz, they get immediate feedback, and I can help to clear misconceptions.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more color contrast. Sometimes the light colors get washed out by the classroom lights. Students with vision problems usually have difficulty; I have to print a physical copy for them. However they would be able to use the product if there was a high color contrast option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software has the ability to assess in a wide variety of areas, including education.

I use this in education to assess my students during instruction. I am able to see what areas of content need to be retaught and reinforced!

Socrative review by Killian P.
Killian P.

"Good, but I have better tools now."

What do you like best?

Very user friendly. It was easy to create quizzes and easy for kids to access. I could get to results quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

I don't know that there was much I dislike. I can just do that in my campus platform now, so it can go straight into my gradebook.

We used it for assessments of many kinds, but I also used it to collect information, like kids signing up for their meals on big trips. We've moved to Google Forms for that now since we all have Google accounts.

Socrative review by Oliver H.
Oliver H.

"Great tool for any teacher!"

What do you like best?

Its very easy to use and offers many different possibilities. I also like that you can log in with Google account.

What do you dislike?

"Rooms" system might be confusing at first but once you get used to it you'll see why its good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out for sure!

Socrative is great for feedback and testing. I especially love that it shows how far every single student is with their work so you can help some who are a bit behind.

User in Education Management

"Socrative - Great educational tool for K-12"

What do you like best?

I love the instantaneous feedback that both students and teachers can receive on a Socrative quiz! It is so great for real-time intervention.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that students cannot just join a class and stay connected with it - they need to type in the classroom code and their name each time, which takes time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free to sign up and try an individual membership, so do it! Try it out!

This has been a crucial formative assessment tool. I am able to reach out to students who need extra support right away, and this has helped improved their academic performance.

Socrative review by Malcolm E.
Malcolm E.

"A good solution for some"

What do you like best?

User interface is very easy to learn and use effectively

What do you dislike?

Does not currently integrate with campus systems in the same deep way other response softwares do

Ad hoc polling for classrooms and for large non-academic meetings, feedback on the fly

Socrative review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Socrative for Formative Assessments "

What do you like best?

Socrative is super easy to use, even on a mobile device. Socrative presents and exports student quiz data easily.

What do you dislike?

Students must have a 1-1 device to use Socrative. Printing out paper copies of the digital quiz is cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to specifically name your quizzes, exit tickets, etc so that you are able to find/adapt them the following years.

Socrative helps with student engagement and with the time aspect of data collection. Socrative is overall easy for both students and teachers.

User in Education Management

"Great for small groups, not ideal for bigger settings"

What do you like best?

We used Socrative as an app and a web platform. The app was easy for everyone to download and use, regardless of the phone type. Great idea--really needed for a lot of academic settings. The user interface is also really great and has a clean look to make things simple once you are in the right quiz environment.

What do you dislike?

Some participants struggled to actually enter the right areas of the app, so the initial on-boarding was a little more challenging than we anticipated. I think it would have been better is a smaller group.

We had regular large group meetings and needed to quickly get feedback in a reliable way.

User in Education Management

"Socrative in the classroom"

What do you like best?

Socrative is a great tool to use in the classroom while preparing for upcoming quizzes or tests in many different kinds of content classes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system/website is buggy and crashes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to use in a classroom setting that has the tech needed to integrate.

The benefit of students being able to prepare for tests and quizzes on the computer-the teacher is also able to see how many times a student did/or didn't take the quizzes online.

Socrative review by Administrator

"Very interactive"

What do you like best?

Socrative is great to use with 2nd grade because it is very interactive and fun for my students. The reports are very helpful for me as the teacher to see who needs extra practice.

What do you dislike?

The quiz names are sometimes hard to find because they must be searched by their number.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great teaching tool.

This helps students to see different problem types that are very common in state testing.

Socrative review by Joshua R.
Joshua R.

"room name then test"

What do you like best?

was able to get direct response after sending answered questions to the instructing using this software.

What do you dislike?

haven't seen anything to dislike about this yet currently using for training for detroit diesel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use it for students you can get input from your instructor much quicker.

my company is using it so grading on test are instant and student have to take part in the training.

Socrative review by User

"Amazing wedsite for teachers!"

What do you like best?

I love that students can easily access assessments! The system grades the questions and provides an easy to navigate data report! A teacher’s lifesaver!!

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing! I think this is a great product for students and teachers alike.

Classroom asssment and data analysis are a breeze with socrative! It is a time saver!

Socrative review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Soctative makes using digital task cards for students very easy!"

What do you like best?

I like that students can self pace through selective or it can be guided by the teacher to do one problem at a time

What do you dislike?

It’s very difficult to type mathematical characters

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! So many options for assessing student learning.

Provides a report for students correct and incorrect answers for each question and results are live

Socrative review by Mary Jo K.
Mary Jo K.

"Engaging assessment"

What do you like best?

Easy set up for quizzes. Student engagement. Reports for each class. Re-usable.

What do you dislike?

Would like the students to be able to have an account to create quizzes for peers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make up quizzes in a spreadsheet for easy uploading.

Allows me to asses student's learning quickly as a pre-lesson or post-lesson quick quiz.

User in Education Management

"Many but not enough features"

What do you like best?

The use of a classroom code instead of a student login is nice. Real time feedback is the best

What do you dislike?

Limit of one assignment open at a time, I have used Socrative as homework, which might not be the point of it, but I couldn't have more than one of those listed

Real time feedback

Socrative review by Ryan M.
Ryan M.

"Socrative"

What do you like best?

Socrative is an excellent tool to use for quizzes and review alike. Socrative gives me the ability as an educator to distribute tests and then the software grades the tests for me, saving me a great deal of time.

What do you dislike?

Socrative is very simplistic and there could be more useful tools to it such as more interactivity or review games to choose from on the student's end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Socrative is a great tool to use for tests.

I do not use this as a business solution.

Socrative review by Ellen K.
Ellen K.

"Socrative for easy free polling"

What do you like best?

We use the free version, so the price is right. Our faculty find it a useful and easy to use tool.

What do you dislike?

We don't know how to pronounce it So-krat-ive or Sock-ra-tive..!

Mostly in-class polling, but it can be used in other data collection processes.

User in Education Management

"Secretive great tool for learning in class"

What do you like best?

The quick and interactive software keeps students on their toes and teachers engaged with each student

What do you dislike?

I'm still trying to find ways to incorporate as an administrator with teachers on a regular basis.

Saving paper and tracking assessment in a more systematic way

Socrative review by User

"Excellent learning tool"

What do you like best?

Excellent classroom tool for student to practice and learn from one another; use this as a writing tool for students to write, anonymously vote on their strongest writing sample of their peers, and use what they see to improve their own

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, does what it needs to and is useful

Getting students to provide informal constructive feedback in discussing work gets them started towards more conference style feedback down the road

Socrative review by Eva S.
Eva S.

"Ed. Manager"

What do you like best?

Accessibility and ease of use are a plus

What do you dislike?

I do not have any current dislikes regarding it.

Socratic provides accessible way to manage my career as an education specialist.

Socrative review by User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Super useful"

What do you like best?

It's 10 million times better than using clickers and it's pretty convenient to have it on your phone

What do you dislike?

If my phone runs out of battery that's annoying. But there is a web version.

Interactivity in the classroom, students enjoy it way more than typical quizes etc.

Socrative review by User in Higher Education

"Great Quiz Tool"

What do you like best?

Able to make interactive quizzes easily and reuse existing quizzes, share them with colleagues and engage students in a new way and collect feedback

What do you dislike?

For some students the technology can be a bit difficult

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. The free version is easy to start with as an educator. Take a look at quizzes others have put together.

engaging students, gathering feedback

Socrative review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"Socrative "

What do you like best?

I liked that student data was easily displayed and broken down

What do you dislike?

The app was a little hard to navigate and took a little time to access

A way to easily read and track student data and results

Socrative review by User in Higher Education

"Ocasionally useful "

What do you like best?

I like that I can have students enter responses and the entire class can see them

What do you dislike?

I usually use Kahoot because it is more game-like and fun

Recommendations to others considering the product

Useful in very specific situations

Being able to see students' written responses and discuss with the class

Learning about Socrative?

* We monitor all Socrative reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Socrative to Similar Solutions