Socrative

Socrative is an instant response tool designed for the K-12 classroom environment.

Work for Socrative?
Edsby  classroom  2x

Learning about Socrative?

Compare Socrative to Similar Solutions

Socrative Reviews

Showing 27 Socrative reviews
Socrative review by <span>Amanda S.</span>
Amanda S.

Easy to use, great for teachers!

What do you like best?

Teachers can easily use Socrative to create quizzes and games for their students. It can give instant feedback and results to teachers, and is a fun way to start off each class period, review for an upcoming assessment, or just for a quick interactive poll.

What do you dislike?

Socrative can be challenging to create reports at first as a new user. It took some time to teach the staff how to use the website to best implement into their classrooms.

When I was teaching in my own classroom, I used Socrative as an app on the classroom set of iPads. My students would log onto the classroom using my room code, and then I would quickly have them answer a few questions based on the previous day's lessons. Student data would pop up immediately, and it can be shown to the class with names or as anonymous. My students really liked playing the rocket ship game!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Socrative
Socrative review by <span>Rachael H.</span>
Rachael H.

Socrative as a learning tool

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the ease of use and access with Socrative. It is a simple format that enables flexible questions and uses. The ability to review and/or share data from quizzes and surveys is very helpful and easy to manipulate. The ability to create online rooms or classes to separate groups is efficient and organized.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more visuals or graphics incorporated with Socrative. It would be nice to have one more lengthy interactive option other than the three provided (Quiz, Space Race, Exit Ticket).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Practice working with the quiz options well ahead of time. I find Socrative is most useful if given live so you can track the answers and completion status as the information is being submitted.

Socrative is an easy way to assess knowledge in a group of people after a class or a concept has been taught. I have used it for surveys as well, to find out opinion on various matters. The Exit Ticket option offers an easy, quick way to collect simple data from a subject group.

What Classroom Management solution do you use?

Socrative review by <span>Jeannette O.</span>
Jeannette O.

Great for Formative Assessments

What do you like best?

It is easy to get the students connected, and the platform offers a lot of options. You can make your quiz in advance (and save it to use again for other classes or the next year), or you can ask a quick question on the fly. You can either show responses or not, same with names, while students are answering. On a quick question, the other students can vote for which answer they think is the best -- great if you are asking them to define vocab or make predictions in a story.

When you finish, you can sync your reports easily to Google Drive.

What do you dislike?

There's very little that I dislike. It is very easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great free platform for formative assessments.

Great for warm ups or exit tickets. The students love the competition.

Socrative review by <span>Michele S.</span>
Michele S.

Test/Quiz Software in the Classroom

What do you like best?

I love that Socrative allows me to quiz my students in the moment, without wasting paper or making copies. All students have access via computers and it's helping them prepare for the real world. I love that I can control the order of the questions and whether my students get access to the results immediately, after each question, or at the end. I also like that I can make the quiz go at my pace or at my students' paces.

You are able to assign multiple choice answers, which it grades immediately, or constructed response that you grade/review later.

I like that this minimizes academic dishonesty. You can see the answers in live time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can only have one quiz open at a time. This is hard when you have multiple preps of the same subject. I also dislike that the constructed response answers are included in the total correct when they haven't been graded yet. I wish there were more options for the reports that are provided from the students' results. I wish that the screen could be locked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this software is decent. You can use it in the classroom for quick checks, reading checks, or something needing immediate results.

This is great for all kinds of quizzes in the classroom.This minimizes teacher grading and fatigue. Yay! It also ensures correct responses. I think this gives teachers a good set of data to work with. I only wish it was possible to align and assign quizzes to the state standards.

Socrative review by <span>Andrew D.</span>
Andrew D.

DAmico Socrative Review

What do you like best?

This software allows for assessments to be instantly graded while having the options to shuffle questions AND answers.

What do you dislike?

You have to pay for premium features. Also, you have to lauch an activity for it to be accessible to students. A similar product, Quizlet, allows users to access activities live or on-demand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product, even the premium version is worth the cost to use with students needed to make up work or IEP students who need a different test. The only downside was the website went down for 2-3 days last year (just before final exams). Thankfully, everything was working by the time I needed to use it for finals.

I am able to save significant time by not having to grade work.

Socrative review by <span>Michael A.</span>
Michael A.

Great for formative review!

What do you like best?

I love that I can create a short, medium, or long length formative review for my students. I use the multiple choice format, and my students work in groups to answer the questions. We can all work at the same pace, or the students can work at their individual paces.

My students like to use socrative, because it allows them to be competitive and then we can discuss their answers as a class once the assessment is complete. Unlike a pencil/paper quiz, they get immediate feedback, and I can help to clear misconceptions.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more color contrast. Sometimes the light colors get washed out by the classroom lights. Students with vision problems usually have difficulty; I have to print a physical copy for them. However they would be able to use the product if there was a high color contrast option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software has the ability to assess in a wide variety of areas, including education.

I use this in education to assess my students during instruction. I am able to see what areas of content need to be retaught and reinforced!

Learning about Socrative?

* We monitor all Socrative reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Socrative to Similar Solutions