SoftwareKey Licensing System

SoftwareKey System is a set of software development tools that help programmers implement copy protection, license activation and management, metering, eCommerce, and business automation.

Work for SoftwareKey Licensing System?

Learning about SoftwareKey?

SoftwareKey Licensing System Reviews

Ask SoftwareKey a Question
Showing 17 SoftwareKey reviews
SoftwareKey review by <span>Ian B.</span>
Ian B.

SoftwareKey's Protection Plus for all your Copy Protection needs.

What do you like best?

Simplicity and ease of use/integration of Protection Plus into my Delphi Apps as well as the ease of implementing the End User interface for registration and module enable/disable changes. The software and support Apps are seamless in their operation/use. Having said that I have only used/deployed Protection Plus v 4. Whilst I am sure it is a significant enhancement over v 4, for my purposes I found Protection Plus v 5 confusing and complicated.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of. SoftwareKey's Protection Plus does everything I need att. Provided of course they continue to support my developement environment, Delphi, with version 4. :-) Having said that, it appears that development of v 4 has stalled while they focus on v 5. Not a big issue and in common with many other software vendors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended. You can't really go wrong with SoftwareKey's Protection Plus.. SoftwareKey's product is great and their support is first class.

I use it in all my Customer's Delphi Apps.

I use Protection Plus to control copy protection, implementation, registration, module ennoblement & usage of Apps in a Customer's network environment. In one Customer's case this covers 12 Apps. By using Protection Plus by SoftwareKey I can control the registration, enable & disable functional modules and/or Apps, and the number of allowed concurrent users at a Customer's site, without having to be present..

I don't use their on-line functionality, my client base and needs are not that great so all licensing and interaction is one-on-one with the Customer's representative.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SoftwareKey Licensing System
SoftwareKey review by <span>Noel C.</span>
Noel C.

SoftwareKey has been solid and reliable for us - we use PLUSNative 5 / Instant SOLO

What do you like best?

We started back in 2009 with the PLUSNative sample code and within hours had their demo building and working with the online Instant SOLO service. Within a few days we had implemented an activation and license management subsystem in our graphics products. We've never even considered another solution since.

Instant SOLO server just works and is apparently always online, as I can't even recall anyone complaining that they were blocked from buying a license through their browser because the server was down.

The folks at SoftwareKey have always been responsive and genuinely helpful. They truly have an entrepreneurial spirit.

What do you dislike?

I thought about this one for a while and honestly couldn't think of anything I dislike about SoftwareKey's service or software. I'm proud to include their technology in our products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through the process of bringing up the sample code and see how it works. Online integration of your software need not be scary.

We have a growing internet software business where customers purchase software licenses online. Our software is activated via the SoftwareKey PLUSNative product embedded, and the Instant SOLO server managed by SoftwareKey provides activation information after the license is purchased. All in all, our customers experience a slick, integrated process.

A benefit: Prices are reasonable: We get to keep almost all the revenue from our sales - a far better deal than selling through an App Store.

A benefit: Our customer support load is nearly nonexistent. It was quite low under PLUSNative 4 when we used trigger codes, but now with PLUSNative 5 literally months go by without our hearing from any customer regarding trouble with licensing and activation. The response time from the all the SoftwareKey technology working together online is virtually instantaneous.

What Software Asset Management solution do you use?

SoftwareKey review by <span>Jerry K.</span>
Jerry K.

Experiences with SoftwareKey

What do you like best?

From an integration viewpoint, this was straight-forward, starting from the supplied SDK, and modifying to suit. There is a lot of flexibility in the system, meaning we can consider feature-unlocking based on license type sold, while shipping one executable. That's a big win. Support is excellent ... these guys understand what support really is. They genuinely want to help.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The only point I'm wary of is my company's requirements to be Data Protection compliant (we are UK-based), so we have elected to handle that aspect internally (SoftwareKey are US-based).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Based on my experience to date (few months), I would definitely recommend this, especially as the cost is very reasonable.

Two aspects: wider trialing (with controlled license expiry / conversion), and the ability to implement various license options dynamically (feature enabling). Early days yet. Still putting together back-office systems (automation) before we launch.

SoftwareKey review by <span>Michael P. G.</span>
Michael P. G.

The SoftwareKey System is the complete package!

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is a completely turnkey solution, from the development pulls, the website, the way you can tailor it to look like my website, I like everything about it. It's complete. I could have used the simpler way of not integrating the code, but I wanted to develop it and code it into my program completely so that it works seemlessly with my site. And I wanted to make sure that everything was set up right, and that required more than your standard support. I was willing to pay for additional help, and you have the Jump Start program, and I signed up for that. You worked with me to get it scheduled, because my schedule has been so tight. And you guys were thorough. You went through all the settings and checked under the hood for me, and made sure we had everything set up right.

What do you dislike?

Only 1 thing - I found that there was someone who was trying to download my program, letting it expire, and then download it again, letting it expire, etc. There wasn't a way to get around that using the system, but my developer was able to figure out how to stop it by tracking the IP address. I was disappointed that SoftwareKey didn't think of it...

I wanted to be able to give away fully functional software, but have people not abuse it. I was able to accomplish that with your software because I could license it, then cut them off. We've done a very limited launch, and haven't really launched it yet because we wanted to get it out & get feedback. We'll be doing a big push to 12,600 people who use what we sell on Facebook. That will be the real test, but I'm confident that the SoftwareKey System can handle it.

SoftwareKey review by <span>Mark F.</span>
Mark F.

GREAT Software comes with GREATER Support

What do you like best?

Stable, can't be cracked, easy to implement.

Quality support from polite, knowledgeable staff

What do you dislike?

In ten years I have not had too much trouble. I would say it is a bit light on in the reporting area - lots of reports that do not apply to me , but a couple very useful. No proper export facilities of the Solo DB and sales

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it/Implement It

my product PDF-eXPLODE (www.pdf-explode.com) sells a unique brand of automatic document delivery. It has 1000++ clients across over 25 countries from each continent and various network environments. Licensing for the product is from SWKey using SOLO

SoftwareKey review by <span>Eric B.</span>
Eric B.

We found a Great Partner in SoftwareKey!

What do you like best?

SoftwareKey was very easy to setup for our development team. However, what I really liked was how easy it was for our customers to use.

What do you dislike?

This is a solid product. However, with any products we use that contain large sums of data I can always see room for improvements with reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using SoftwareKey!

We are better able to track our customers around the globe. Solving this problem has allowed us to grow our market share in certain parts of the world.

Learning about SoftwareKey Licensing System?

* We monitor all SoftwareKey Licensing System reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.